knowledgable about Achalasia and has genuine concern. He's straight

forward and reviews medical records pretty thoroughly, which I

appreciate.

He is a GI. I recommend having your father go to a GI for this. If

you need a referal for that. I wouldn't trust a regular physician

about his condition unless that doctor has Achalasia themself. :) He

needs an experienced GI.

Avoid Dr. Terrado. She SAYS she's experienced, and she is not & does

not perform dilitations properly. Also, she lies about other things.

I go in for surgery tomorrow with Dr. Vidovzsky. I like him quite a

bit so far. He communicates the same way I do so we were really on

the same level. He also has extensive experience with fundoplications

and a reasonably full history of Myotomy's considering how rare they

are.

If you are looking for a GP for him. Avoid Dr. Tu.

Dr. Ellis is my doctor and I love her, but she is very young and

female, which an older male may not take seriously. Dr. Jornlin comes

with rave reviews but as far as I know he is not accepting new

patients (that's how loved he is, he's full up, lol)

All of the doctors mentioned are UC doctors. Offices downtown

or at the Roseville Clinic.

Good luck. The sooner he sees a GI the better off he will be in the

long run.

-Jess

> >

> >

> > he'd probably go if there was treatment available for him (but

he is 70,

> > so maybe there are no safe treatment options for him?).

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > You said earlier in this mail that your father is very active

> > and strong with no other health problems. I was 70 when I

> > first developed this disease. I had two botox, neither worked,

> > then since I have had two balloon dilatations. I would not

> > hesitate to have the surgery because of age. As a matter of

> > fact I am having surgery this Friday. Nothing related to my

> > achalasia, but surgery just the same. I will soon be 75. We

> > are living longer, healthier lives, so surgery on the aged is

> > not considered the risk it used to be. :)

> >

> > I am sure you will be hearing from some of the people in

> > California with recommendations for doctors there.

> >

> > We're glad you are posting again. Please remind us what

> > part of California you are in.

> >

> > Maggie

> > Alabama

Guest guest

I am afraid that I can't be a whole lot of help, but you may want to talk to some of the parents whose kids have gone through VEPTR (titanium rib implant). It sounds as if this might be an option for your son. It would be worth exploring anyway. Best of luck to you.

Noelle (12-2-01)Ian (8-15-04)

Worried

Hey, I don't post here very much anymore, but read when I can. I am really getting worried and was wondering if anyone out there has a child as young as mine who has had to endure a spinal fusion.. My son is 7 years old. When he was 2, he had an anterior and posterior fusion. His curve was 77 degrees with a compensatory curve at the neck in the 40's. Over the last 5 years, his spine, despite the fusion, has continued to worsen. He has arthrogryposis, which complicates his problems because he has a rigid curve that cannot be corrected with a brace. In June, we found out he has to have another xray in Dec. I am dreading it because in June, his curve had gone from 52 degrees (after 1st surgery), to 72. :( I am kind of freaking out because this time they want to put rods in his back, whereas last time they used his rib for bone grafting. If anyone has any experience they can share with me, can you please email me? My email is Gacourtreporter@.... I remember the last ap fusion all too well and anything close sends me mentally over the edge. I don't want to see him go through another surgery like that. :(

Guest guest

Hi,

Our daughter will turn 9 in Nov. and also had anterior posterior fusion separately at age 2 and age 3 1/2. She crank shafted, developed kyphosis and had to go through two rounds of halo traction to get her curve from 120 down to 70. Her story is posted at www.infantilescoliosis.org. Her name is Moriah. Anyhow, through the Infantile Scoliosis Outreach Program we found out about the VEPTR implants developed in San , Tx by Drs. and Melvin . Moriah has done wonderful with them. It is the only thing so far that has kept her curve from worsening. The Veptrs are expandable, so they will grow as she does. They are not mounted to the spine, but the rib cage as an inner structural support. You can read all about it at www.veptr.com. Please research it and see if it is a possibility for your

son. The veptr site has a list of all the locations in the US that currently do this surgery. It is the best thing I have seen and I am so glad Moriah was able to have it. We were facing fixing rods for her that would stunt the growth of her ribcage and lungs. So glad we didn't have to settle for that option.

Please email any questions you have: shelliegrant@..., or post here. There are alot of great parents here, veptr included.

Shellie

I am afraid that I can't be a whole lot of help, but you may want to talk to some of the parents whose kids have gone through VEPTR (titanium rib implant). It sounds as if this might be an option for your son. It would be worth exploring anyway. Best of luck to you.

Noelle (12-2-01)Ian (8-15-04)

Worried

Hey, I don't post here very much anymore, but read when I can. I am really getting worried and was wondering if anyone out there has a child as young as mine who has had to endure a spinal fusion.. My son is 7 years old. When he was 2, he had an anterior and posterior fusion. His curve was 77 degrees with a compensatory curve at the neck in the 40's. Over the last 5 years, his spine, despite the fusion, has continued to worsen. He has arthrogryposis, which complicates his problems because he has a rigid curve that cannot be corrected with a brace. In June, we found out he has to have another xray in Dec. I am dreading it because in June, his curve had gone from 52 degrees (after 1st surgery), to 72. :( I am kind of freaking out because this time they want to put rods in his back, whereas last time they used his rib for bone grafting. If anyone has any experience they can share with

me, can you please email me? My email is Gacourtreporter@.... I remember the last ap fusion all too well and anything close sends me mentally over the edge. I don't want to see him go through another surgery like that. :(

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

Guest guest

i put off the ctoma surgery about a yr after i was diagnosed.........scared to death...had it last mo. and altho it was tough, i was glad i did it.

problem is it only gets worse......

DO IT..........more infections and further complications if you dont............best of luck

worried

Hi I am Sharon and new to this group (australia). I was diagnosed with ctoma 2003.I was put on hospital waiting list and hve had 2 surgery dates come up and refused 1st one and accidently missed 2nd. I have a general appointment on 18th nov. I never know what q's I should be asking the surgeon.. Cn anyone suggest. I was told that the ctoma has destroyed incus?? and started on the mastoid... what does this mean.. My r ear stopped leaking for months but has started up again. The surgeon put in a cream and started me on antibiotics drops. I took one dose and stopped as a lump came up on the left side of my skull thinking it maybe some kind of reaction.I'm 29 with six kids so I am hoping for good outcome when ever surgery may be. i'm actually quite afraid and say everythings going fine and know that I am probably in denial.. thanks for listening and hoping for feed back Sharon

Guest guest

Hi Sharon

The lump on the side of skull sounds worrying. Have you had a doctor say anything about that? If you're having drainage it usually means that the ctoma is infected and an infected ctoma will be more destructive. Surgeons will often try to reduce the infection with antibiotics before doing the surgery. Ctomas cause damage in two ways, first by producing enzymes which actively destroy the bone and tissue in the ear and secondly by simply expanding in the confined space of the ear and putting pressure on the surrounding structures.

The mastoid is a bony area behind the ear full of little air pockets and usually the first place that ctoma spreads to. The incus is the first of the three little bones in the middle ear which conduct sound, the loss of any or all of these bones means that your hearing will start to diminish.

Surgery is the only real option with ctoma. It won't ever go away and though it is slow moving disease, the longer it is there, the worse the symptoms will be. Hence hearing loss, vertigo, face paralysis and a great deal of pain are what you might expect. And eventually much worse. Ctoma is a serious but eminently treatable disease. Since you do have to have surgery it also makes more sense to get it over with sooner rather than later. May you be well.

Phil

Hi I am Sharon and new to this group (australia). I was diagnosed with ctoma 2003.I was put on hospital waiting list and hve had 2 surgery dates come up and refused 1st one and accidently missed 2nd. I have a general appointment on 18th nov. I never know what q's I should be asking the surgeon.. Cn anyone suggest. I was told that the ctoma has destroyed incus?? and started on the mastoid... what does this mean.. My r ear stopped leaking for months but has started up again. The surgeon put in a cream and started me on antibiotics drops. I took one dose and stopped as a lump came up on the left side of my skull thinking it maybe some kind of reaction.I'm 29 with six kids so I am hoping for good outcome when ever surgery may be. i'm actually quite afraid and say everythings going fine and know that I am probably in denial.. thanks for listening and hoping for feed back Sharon

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.12.0/134 - Release Date: 14/10/05

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.12.0/134 - Release Date: 14/10/05

Guest guest

Oh Robin,Hate to hear that. I am so sorry he had to go to the hospital. Let me see what information I can find out for you. Hon.You both are in my thoughts and prayers.LoveJanet>> Hi,> > Since I last wrote my guy has been hospitalized twice with > encephalopathy. Not an easy thng to deal with. He's home now but mostly > sleeping still showing some signs of confusion. Taking an increased > dosage of lactulose. Hoping that this keeps the toxins down. I'd very > much like to hear from others who have experienced this.> > Thanks to all,> Robin>

Guest guest

Robin

We will be praying for you and your family.. Im so sorry,, I HATE this disease!rob7036 <rob7036@...> wrote:

Hi,Since I last wrote my guy has been hospitalized twice with encephalopathy. Not an easy thng to deal with. He's home now but mostly sleeping still showing some signs of confusion. Taking an increased dosage of lactulose. Hoping that this keeps the toxins down. I'd very much like to hear from others who have experienced this.Thanks to all,Robin Jackie

Guest guest

In a message dated 04/08/2006 19:55:49 GMT Daylight Time, editorial.hillbury@... writes:

Having said that, my son has tested for heavy metal toxicity and "very highlevels" of lead. I want to get the lead out, but since the challenge testI've noticed a regression in language and a return of autistic behavioursI'd thought were long gone.

>>>Thats why I don't do or recommned challenge tests - what you have done is stir up all sorts of metals, the chelator levels have dropped and now the metals and pinging around and resettling. The results will noty be helpful, they never are. If you knew he had high lead - what was the purpose of a challenge test at all? Scarey scarey dose for alittle kid

DAN!'s will tell you this is gut bugs, IMHO is is NOT - thats an excuse for a bad protocol. These are strong words - I have seen this story written many times.

I talk about it forever, but folks just don't seem to take any notice. I'm not a DAN! dr you see - just a well educated parent reading these stories for 6 years.

I am not getting you but the system that even has this 'challenge' idea in its reportoire

Please please write down in detail and send it to Dr Heard - you aren't the only one and he has to be made aware that kids can and do often get worse doing this. He isn;t the only one doing it - its part of the DAN! protocol. It just should not be done IMHO

His idea to 'leave well alone' is bizzare IMHO if you know the kid has metals the problem will just come back and haunt you later - its has to be dealt with.

In the meantime - if you have some NCD use it now, Vitamin C, Selenium and Vitamin E - water soluable stuff every 3 hours or so.

Though I haven't put Sam in this situation, if I had, I would go in with oral DMSA on a 4 hourly protocol for 3 - 7 days and see if I could undo what had been done.

He likely has gut bugs now because of the amounts of metals moved, deal with that in your normal fashion if it works.

THE WORLD ACCORDING TO MANDY - ONE MORE TIME

Chelators don't cause yeast - moving metals does - TD or No TD, suppoositories or whatever esle they invent next week, sulphur chelator or no sulphur chelator - it will happen with an effective chelator on an effective protocol.

Hang in there *MOST* kids bounce back...............write me off list if you want to talk it through

I'm sorry you hand your child have been through this but maybe, just maybe soembody that prefers to listen to Dr's than people who have actually done the treatments, will learn and another kid may be saved from this same outcome

Mandi x

Guest guest

I did challenge test on , over a yr ago now, Oh Lord!!! The biggest set back ever, bar none! We had such a huge yeast flare up, all the behaviours, regression, absolutely everything.

Had to do full scale gut healing, took about 8 weeks to start to see improvement, but the good news is he bounced back and is none the worse now, but never, ever again lol.

Cant remember exactly what we did, but it was DMPS I think 30 drops?????

Vicky

Guest guest

Hi folks,

I did the challenge test with my 7 yr old son last weekend with DMSA

suppositories. He weighs just over 28kg and his height is 27cm. The DMSA

suppositores he has had have been 500mg (that's 2 at 250mg) on 3 nights.

We collected the urinary toxic sample after this first and only round and

are still waiting the results. He was doing very well prior to the challenge

and infact dr heard did question whether we should just " leave well alone " .

Having said that, my son has tested for heavy metal toxicity and " very high

levels " of lead. I want to get the lead out, but since the challenge test

I've noticed a regression in language and a return of autistic behaviours

I'd thought were long gone.

I think the challenge has made his gut issues (yeast) flare up, but I

thought suppositories were supposed to be the better option for children

with big yeast issues. Have any other parents had this initial reaction with

the challenge test and does it get better.

Please respond someone. Very concerned.

Gillian.

Guest guest

Tnank you Manid, will email you off list if you don’t mind.

Gilian

On 4/8/06 22:05, " Mum231ASD@... " <Mum231ASD@...> wrote:

In a message dated 04/08/2006 19:55:49 GMT Daylight Time, editorial.hillbury@... writes:

Having said that, my son has tested for heavy metal toxicity and " very high

levels " of lead. I want to get the lead out, but since the challenge test

I've noticed a regression in language and a return of autistic behaviours

I'd thought were long gone.

>>>Thats why I don't do or recommned challenge tests - what you have done is stir up all sorts of metals, the chelator levels have dropped and now the metals and pinging around and resettling. The results will noty be helpful, they never are. If you knew he had high lead - what was the purpose of a challenge test at all? Scarey scarey dose for alittle kid

DAN!'s will tell you this is gut bugs, IMHO is is NOT - thats an excuse for a bad protocol. These are strong words - I have seen this story written many times.

I talk about it forever, but folks just don't seem to take any notice. I'm not a DAN! dr you see - just a well educated parent reading these stories for 6 years.

I am not getting you but the system that even has this 'challenge' idea in its reportoire

Please please write down in detail and send it to Dr Heard - you aren't the only one and he has to be made aware that kids can and do often get worse doing this. He isn;t the only one doing it - its part of the DAN! protocol. It just should not be done IMHO

His idea to 'leave well alone' is bizzare IMHO if you know the kid has metals the problem will just come back and haunt you later - its has to be dealt with.

In the meantime - if you have some NCD use it now, Vitamin C, Selenium and Vitamin E - water soluable stuff every 3 hours or so.

Though I haven't put Sam in this situation, if I had, I would go in with oral DMSA on a 4 hourly protocol for 3 - 7 days and see if I could undo what had been done.

He likely has gut bugs now because of the amounts of metals moved, deal with that in your normal fashion if it works.

THE WORLD ACCORDING TO MANDY - ONE MORE TIME

Chelators don't cause yeast - moving metals does - TD or No TD, suppoositories or whatever esle they invent next week, sulphur chelator or no sulphur chelator - it will happen with an effective chelator on an effective protocol.

Hang in there *MOST* kids bounce back...............write me off list if you want to talk it through

I'm sorry you hand your child have been through this but maybe, just maybe soembody that prefers to listen to Dr's than people who have actually done the treatments, will learn and another kid may be saved from this same outcome

Mandi x

Guest guest

In a message dated 05/08/2006 05:30:50 GMT Daylight Time, editorial.hillbury@... writes:

Currently, our lad is on nystatin, and a probiotic. Any ideas anyone on what else I can be giving him to get the gut back quickly to the way it was.

>>>I'd do Candex, Collodial Silver. Oxypowder, Sacc B and CP1 - thats the heavist guns I can think of.

Thats if the issue is his gut not redistribution.

After I went bed and thought about you for hours, I remembered what told me about vitamin B1 and Lead, adding B1 or increasing it if you already give ot would be something to consider

Thinking of you

Mandi x

Guest guest

Currently, our lad is on nystatin, and a probiotic. Any ideas anyone on what else I can be giving him to get the gut back quickly to the way it was. Did you carry on chelating? I did the challenge test, and have stopped at that.

Gillian.

On 4/8/06 23:34, " MaddiganV@... " <MaddiganV@...> wrote:

I did challenge test on , over a yr ago now, Oh Lord!!! The biggest set back ever, bar none! We had such a huge yeast flare up, all the behaviours, regression, absolutely everything.

Had to do full scale gut healing, took about 8 weeks to start to see improvement, but the good news is he bounced back and is none the worse now, but never, ever again lol.

Cant remember exactly what we did, but it was DMPS I think 30 drops?????

Vicky

Guest guest

Mandi,

I don't know if this thread is about lead but I assume so... I have a study somewhere showing inverse relationship between lead and magnesium and that if you supplement with Mg, you can get the lead levels down :-))))

I also have an interresting study (if it's not the same one) showing a high correlation betwen lead levels and levels of aggression.

Re: RE: worried

In a message dated 05/08/2006 05:30:50 GMT Daylight Time, editorial.hillburyvirgin (DOT) net writes:

Currently, our lad is on nystatin, and a probiotic. Any ideas anyone on what else I can be giving him to get the gut back quickly to the way it was.

>>>I'd do Candex, Collodial Silver. Oxypowder, Sacc B and CP1 - thats the heavist guns I can think of.

Thats if the issue is his gut not redistribution.

After I went bed and thought about you for hours, I remembered what told me about vitamin B1 and Lead, adding B1 or increasing it if you already give ot would be something to consider

Thinking of you

Mandi x

Guest guest

Hi ,

I'd be interested in seeing that study. Is it on-line?

Thanks

Patience

>

> Mandi,

>

> I don't know if this thread is about lead but I assume so... I have

a study somewhere showing inverse relationship between lead and

magnesium and that if you supplement with Mg, you can get the lead

levels down :-))))

>

> I also have an interresting study (if it's not the same one)

showing a high correlation betwen lead levels and levels of

aggression.

>

>

>

>

> Re: RE: worried

>

>

>

> In a message dated 05/08/2006 05:30:50 GMT Daylight Time,

editorial.hillbury@... writes:

> Currently, our lad is on nystatin, and a probiotic. Any ideas

anyone on what else I can be giving him to get the gut back quickly

to the way it was.

> >>>I'd do Candex, Collodial Silver. Oxypowder, Sacc B and CP1 -

thats the heavist guns I can think of.

>

> Thats if the issue is his gut not redistribution.

>

> After I went bed and thought about you for hours, I remembered

what told me about vitamin B1 and Lead, adding B1 or increasing

it if you already give ot would be something to consider

>

> Thinking of you

>

> Mandi x

>

Guest guest

Hi first off,, welcome to our forum.. Im glad you found us.. YES, his symptoms are VERY COMMON during treatment. Im a bit concerned about him because he is diabetic, and diabetes can make it harder to have a successful treatment.. HE MUST make sure he eats properly,, gets enough protein and stays away from lots of sugars and sweets..AND is he getting enough WATER,, EVERY DAY??? That is one of the most important things he can do for himself and for the side effects.. it can really help with the fatigue too.. so half an ounce per pound of body weight of water is what is typically advised.. so if he is say 180 pound, he needs to drink at least 90 ounces of water EVERY day...thats a lot and its hard to get that much down but its so important!!! The sleeping is really normal,, I slept I think for an entire year that I was on treatment.. Is his doc treating his side effects? Does he have adequate pain control , good sleeping

medications and a good antidepressant? A lot of gastro's wont treat the side effects that the treatment meds give ya.. so most ppl have to see their own PCP or primary physican.. IF you are really worried about his overmedicating, then maybe you could go with him to his next doc appt and talk with his doc about it.. I hope we can all help you here! jax moderator S <bethee222000@...> wrote: My boyfriend is hep c stage 4 and also is on his 10th

week of tx. in the last couple weeks he went from up and active to sleeping all the time. he eats very little. he also has diabetes and he gets the shakes and craves sweets. is all this sleeping and flu like symptoms normal? he says he feels like he has the flu. what is it like for other people on tx. what kind of symptoms do you have? how should he be eating with the diabetes. im so worried about him. he is on meds for high blood pressure, diabetes, interferon, ribavirin, muscle reaxers, pain meds for his back and headaches, i wonder if he is over medicating. im a little worried. any one have anything to say that might help? Jackie

Guest guest

Hi Sandy. I understand and am worried about my daughter too. My daughter has

barely been to school since before Thanksgiving. At this point, I am happy

when she makes it to a class or 2 as that is an accomplishment for her. It is

so hard. You are right, though, you are not alone because many of us have been

through it. I hope things improve soon. Don't forget to take care of

yourself too. Kim

In a message dated 3/14/2007 6:54:08 P.M. Central Daylight Time,

sndy_steele@... writes:

Hi all, I am so worried about Bre. She came home from school today and

went to bed. She said she feels depressed and her ocd is bad. I didn't

hear from the doc today and will be calling him tomorrow morning. I

hope she goes to school. It is horrible not being able to help her. I

am getting depressed too. My friends don't understand and all I have

are you guys to talk to. I am so glad you all understand. I don't feel

so alone. I really hate ocd and wish I could just remove it from her!

Sandy

<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL now offers free

email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at

http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

Hi Sandy,

It's so hard! I'm sorry your daughter is not doing well! It seems like things

are going ok, and than BAM!!!!!!!

I hate that helpless feeling. Have you tried talking to her? Maybe go in and

talk to her, and try to reassure her. If she doesn't want to talk, just take the

night to relax yourself. There isn't anything you can do but wait until tommorw

and talk to the doctor. Have her meds been changed? I don't remember if you had

mentioned that in an earlier post.

Hang in there.

Hugs

Judy

Guest guest

Thanks Judy for your hugs. We are in the process of seeing an ocd

specialist psychiatrist. He is with UCSD. I went in to talk with her

and she told me she didn't want to talk and just wanted to sleep.

I saw that is going tgrough the same thing with . Must

be something in the air!! I am praying she will be better tomorrow.

Sandy

-- In , jchabot <jchabot@...> wrote:

>

> Hi Sandy,

> It's so hard! I'm sorry your daughter is not doing well! It seems

like things are going ok, and than BAM!!!!!!!

> I hate that helpless feeling. Have you tried talking to her? Maybe

go in and talk to her, and try to reassure her. If she doesn't want

to talk, just take the night to relax yourself. There isn't anything

you can do but wait until tommorw and talk to the doctor. Have her

meds been changed? I don't remember if you had mentioned that in an

earlier post.

> Hang in there.

> Hugs

> Judy

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

You know Kim, I always feel like I HAVE to be strong for Bre. Usually

I am. Right now I am isolating myself from my friends. I feel no joy

and I have a heavy heart. I am seriosly thinking about seeing a

doctor for me and go on something. I always felt that would mean I

was weak....

Sandy

-- In , mnmomof1@... wrote:

>

>

> Hi Sandy. I understand and am worried about my daughter too. My

daughter has

> barely been to school since before Thanksgiving. At this point, I

am happy

> when she makes it to a class or 2 as that is an accomplishment for

her. It is

> so hard. You are right, though, you are not alone because many of

us have been

> through it. I hope things improve soon. Don't forget to take care

of

> yourself too. Kim

>

> In a message dated 3/14/2007 6:54:08 P.M. Central Daylight Time,

> sndy_steele@... writes:

>

> Hi all, I am so worried about Bre. She came home from school today

and

> went to bed. She said she feels depressed and her ocd is bad. I

didn't

> hear from the doc today and will be calling him tomorrow morning.

I

> hope she goes to school. It is horrible not being able to help

her. I

> am getting depressed too. My friends don't understand and all I

have

> are you guys to talk to. I am so glad you all understand. I don't

feel

> so alone. I really hate ocd and wish I could just remove it from

her!

>

> Sandy

>

>

>

>

> <BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL now

offers free

> email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at

> http://www.aol.com.

>

>

>

Guest guest

Sandy,

You would be weak if you didn't get help for yourself. Isolating from friends,

loosing joy and heavy heart are symptoms of clinical depression. I know because

I have bipolar disorder and am frequently depressed. As soon as I get the

symptoms you mentioned I DO NOT PASS GO and immediately call my psychiatrist. I

encourage you to do the same. The best mother is the well mother who can then

help her kids. It is not weak to call for help.

Imogene

Re: Worried

You know Kim, I always feel like I HAVE to be strong for Bre. Usually

I am. Right now I am isolating myself from my friends. I feel no joy

and I have a heavy heart. I am seriosly thinking about seeing a

doctor for me and go on something. I always felt that would mean I

was weak....

Sandy

-- In , mnmomof1@... wrote:

>

>

> Hi Sandy. I understand and am worried about my daughter too. My

daughter has

> barely been to school since before Thanksgiving. At this point, I

am happy

> when she makes it to a class or 2 as that is an accomplishment for

her. It is

> so hard. You are right, though, you are not alone because many of

us have been

> through it. I hope things improve soon. Don't forget to take care

of

> yourself too. Kim

>

> In a message dated 3/14/2007 6:54:08 P.M. Central Daylight Time,

> sndy_steele@... writes:

>

> Hi all, I am so worried about Bre. She came home from school today

and

didn't

> hear from the doc today and will be calling him tomorrow morning.

I

> hope she goes to school. It is horrible not being able to help

her. I

have

feel

her!

>

> Sandy

>

>

>

>

> <BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL now

offers free

> email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at

> http://www.aol.com.

>

>

>

Guest guest

I understand. I had a major freak out session last Friday. Even called dh to

come home and made an emergency appointment with my therapist. I don't think

I've ever done that before. I was just at my breaking point though. It was one

thing to battle OCD myself, but having my daughter battle it is completely

different. It has really hit me hard.

Laurie

Sandy <sndy_steele@...> wrote:

Hi all, I am so worried about Bre. She came home from school today and

went to bed. She said she feels depressed and her ocd is bad. I didn't

hear from the doc today and will be calling him tomorrow morning. I

hope she goes to school. It is horrible not being able to help her. I

am getting depressed too. My friends don't understand and all I have

are you guys to talk to. I am so glad you all understand. I don't feel

so alone. I really hate ocd and wish I could just remove it from her!

Sandy

Our list archives, bookmarks, files, and chat feature may be accessed at:

/ .

Our list advisors are Gail B. , Ed.D., Tamar Chansky, Ph.D.(

http://www.worrywisekids.org ), Dan Geller, M.D.,Aureen Pinto Wagner, Ph.D., (

http://www.lighthouse-press.com ). Our list moderators are Birkhan, Chris

Castle, Kathy Hammes, Joye, Kathy Mac, Gail Pesses, and Kathy

. Subscription issues or suggestions may be addressed to Louis Harkins,

list owner, at louisharkins@... , louisharkins@... ,

louisharkins@... .

Guest guest

Oh Sandy - I do know, just as everyone else does, how you feel. I for

the past few weeks have been sad, fatigued, lightheaded ..just

exhausted. My DD is doing well but I think the stress and anxiety got

too much for me. I, however, have not even told any of my friends. So

really all I have is this group and I do see my daughter's therapist

also. It started obviously as a family thing and then with all of

this upheaval, I needed it. I am not ashamed or embarrassed. It is so

important to take care of " us " in order to be a better mom or to just

get us to stay sane. This weekend " emotionally " was draining. I as

you as we all are, are exhausted. And there is nothing wrong with

that. It's quite the opposite. There would be something wrong if you

weren't feeling the way you are feeling. Don't be hard on yourself.

Do seek therapy an outlet for yourself. I don't speak to my friends

b/c I (1) don't trust that they wouldn't speak about it. (2) I would

hate for them to distance there children from my daughter for their

lack of compassion and understanding of OCD, and the list goes on.

I am here for you and I am sorry you are feeling this way. Talk to

your daughter's therapist. I am telling you that my DD's has help her

tremendously with CBT and ERP and me also with understanding and for

helping me get over my sadness, anxiousness, etc. I saw her today and

will continue. Believe it or not, my DD doesn't go until 3 more weeks

but mommy sure goes. It keeps me from bottling it all in. Keep in

touch. Big Hug.

> Hi all, I am so worried about Bre. She came home from school

today and

didn't

> hear from the doc today and will be calling him tomorrow morning. I

> hope she goes to school. It is horrible not being able to help her.

I

have

feel

her!

>

> Sandy

>

>

>

>

> Our list archives, bookmarks, files, and chat feature may be

accessed at: / .

> Our list advisors are Gail B. , Ed.D., Tamar Chansky, Ph.D.(

http://www.worrywisekids.org ), Dan Geller, M.D.,Aureen Pinto Wagner,

Ph.D., ( http://www.lighthouse-press.com ). Our list moderators are

Birkhan, Castle, Kathy Hammes, Joye, Kathy

Mac, Gail Pesses, and Kathy . Subscription issues or

suggestions may be addressed to Louis Harkins, list owner, at

louisharkins@... , louisharkins@... , louisharkins@... .

>

>

>

Guest guest

I really hate ocd and wish I could just remove it from her!

I'm with you, Sandy. I sometimes wish I could rip it out of Josh's

mind, throw it on the ground and pound it into the dust. I wish he

felt that way too. He just feels depressed and scared. :o( I also

feel like I'm sinking into a pit of despair lately. I can't take

antidepressants because they make my heart condition worse, so I just

have to ride it out. I'm glad this group is here too. Nobody seems

to understand but the people here who are living it too.

BJ

>

> Hi all, I am so worried about Bre. She came home from school today and

> went to bed. She said she feels depressed and her ocd is bad. I didn't

> hear from the doc today and will be calling him tomorrow morning. I

> hope she goes to school. It is horrible not being able to help her. I

> am getting depressed too. My friends don't understand and all I have

> are you guys to talk to. I am so glad you all understand. I don't feel

> so alone. I really hate ocd and wish I could just remove it from her!

>

> Sandy

>

Guest guest

Hi Sandy,

I felt exactly like 2 weeks ago - no joy, depressed , anxious, didn't

feel like doing anything or talking to anyone, crying all the time.

My GP was unsympathetic, but my daughter's psychologist was great.

Got me back on track. Like OCD sometimes we cope better than other

times. When you feel like this, you feel all alone. Is there a

counsellor or psychologist you could go see. I got that desperate I

phoned Lifeline until I could get to the psychologist. That also

helped me a lot. Hang in there, when we are at our lowest we know

things can only get better...

> >

> >

> > Hi Sandy. I understand and am worried about my daughter too. My

> daughter has

> > barely been to school since before Thanksgiving. At this point, I

> am happy