RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

RE: lactulose

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Patty,

Darn I though Fine Chablis was the stuff in the "Box". Jug wine was Champagne.

You must be living a little higher up on the food chain than I am. Seriously, I am going to ask about the "new and improved Lactulose at next visit".

Just plankton.

Guest guest

My wife used to buy the wine by the box....actually I am just more of a

shot and a beer kind of guy..... you women and your fancy drinks...

love jerry

BTW....I forgot to tell the group I celebrated 9 yrs. of sobriety back

on April 29... yea me!

Guest guest

Jerry,

So April 29th is your second birthday? That is an awsome thing to

say - 9 years sobriety. You have obviously found the strength you

didn't know you had before. Did you and your girls celebrate? Give

yourself a great big hug and a pat on the back from me.

Love 'ya,

Carole

Guest guest

Thanks Carole, but don't forget I had lots and lots of help.I couldn't

have done it by myself.

Actually I don't think my girls know that is my sobiety date. I really

don't make a big deal of it...in AA its one day at a time and the the

one with the most sobriety is the one that got up earliest that

morning....

It's is ironic however that APRIL 29 is

also the girls mothers birthday...my wife would have been 54 had she

lived. I didn't see the onnection until my 2nd anniversary ( post tx) I

was too sick

Thanks again toots (or is it really tits)

love jerry

Guest guest

Perhaps later in our lives when our livers stabilize we will get together and have some really good wines... when you can only have a little skip the box & go for the decanter! Although of course you would never decant Chablis..

Oh , what will I do with all this wonderful knowledge when I don't drink (anymore, I have had a few in decades past)

Patty

-----Original Message-----From: MKANTZLE@... [mailto:MKANTZLE@...] Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 9:13 PM Subject: Re: [ ] LactulosePatty,Darn I though Fine Chablis was the stuff in the "Box". Jug wine was Champagne.You must be living a little higher up on the food chain than I am. Seriously, I am going to ask about the "new and improved Lactulose at next visit".Just plankton.

Guest guest

Yeah Jerry... no wines for you! We will however let you serve us so you don't feel left out!.

Patty

-----Original Message-----From: MKANTZLE@... [mailto:MKANTZLE@...] Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 9:15 PM Subject: Re: [ ] LactuloseHey Patty,Somehow I pictures of Jerry "hanging on for dear life."

Guest guest

Congratulations! That is something to stick out your chest and be proud of.

Marty & I and who ever else wants to come will still let you serve us!

Seriously, that's an impressive accomplishment!

Patty

Re: [ ] Lactulose

My wife used to buy the wine by the box....actually I am just more of a shot

and a beer kind of guy..... you women and your fancy drinks...

love jerry

BTW....I forgot to tell the group I celebrated 9 yrs. of sobriety back on

April 29... yea me!

Guest guest

Patty,

Isn't it crazy. I was never a heavy drinker but enjoyed a glass of Merlot (The only real wine) occasionally. I would kill for a glass or a cold beer at times. I think it is just someone saying you can't. My dad raised 4 girls (no sons) and his motto to us was

I'm Ford and I can do anything I want. You are Fords daughters and you can do anything you want. I don't know where that being told I can't do thing comes from but it is deep rooted and hard to let go of.

Hang in there. We'll all smell the wine and roses soon enough.

Guest guest

Patty,

If you get a new liver does that mean you can start drinking all over again? (Just kidding.......sick joke). Marty

RE: [ ] Lactulose

Congratulations! That is something to stick out your chest and be proud of.Marty & I and who ever else wants to come will still let you serve us!Seriously, that's an impressive accomplishment!Patty-----Original Message-----From: gefox@... [mailto:gefox@...] Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 12:07 AM Subject: Re: [ ] LactuloseMy wife used to buy the wine by the box....actually I am just more of a shotand a beer kind of guy..... you women and your fancy drinks...love jerryBTW....I forgot to tell the group I celebrated 9 yrs. of sobriety back onApril 29... yea me!

Guest guest

I enjoy an occasional non-alcoholic beer. Tastes good to me!

Patty

-----Original Message-----From: MKANTZLE@... [mailto:MKANTZLE@...] Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 9:09 PM Subject: Re: [ ] LactulosePatty,Isn't it crazy. I was never a heavy drinker but enjoyed a glass of Merlot (The only real wine) occasionally. I would kill for a glass or a cold beer at times. I think it is just someone saying you can't. My dad raised 4 girls (no sons) and his motto to us wasI'm Ford and I can do anything I want. You are Fords daughters and you can do anything you want. I don't know where that being told I can't do thing comes from but it is deep rooted and hard to let go of.Hang in there. We'll all smell the wine and roses soon enough.

Guest guest

Maybe I should try your theory with my lacking labido. Maybe if

someone tells me I can't have a sex life, I will want one. Think it

will work?

Love,

Carole

Guest guest

Patty,

So glad they have a new form of lactulose. I used to have to put that stuff into a glass of milk to get it down. It's something we will never forget...right?

Bonnie P.

AIH and post transplant (5/95)

Guest guest

Patty and Amy:

Thanks for your reply. I switched from Lactulose to Kristalose because I read about it here. I take it 3 times a day if I can remember. Lots of times I miss one dose, but I really need it. I can't tell if my mind is any better or not. I'm not working so I don't have to be as logical and quick as I used to!!

Love,

Marty

-- [ ] Lactulose

I hope all of you encelopathics have discovered the new stuff. Kristolose! I know I mentioned it before (or maybe I just thought of it) Serious improvement... not in action but in taste.

patty

-----Original Message-----From: holzboog@... [mailto:holzboog@...] Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 2:10 PM Subject: [ ] Re: RE: proteinDear Marty, The red meat especially (I've also had a problem with too many peanuts) caused me to be very spacey, shaky, serious brain fog and at one time I didn't remember anything of the evening before (my dr. got upset and said that when I got that bad I needed to be in ER). It also causes sleepiness ( I've never been this bad but too much sleeping can mean a coma in serious cases. ) It's all caused by the ammonia build up in the blood - hence the lovely medicine Lactulose which keeps you awake by having you run to the bathroom a lot....We have so much fun, don't we? Forever running,Amy

Guest guest

Got that right. The please of the experience will go out of memory soon. You are still my inspiration Bonnie, 8 years and counting. You even have Jerry beat! Good to hear from you.

Patty

-----Original Message-----From: BonManPat@... [mailto:BonManPat@...] Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 10:31 AM Subject: Re: [ ] LactulosePatty, So glad they have a new form of lactulose. I used to have to put that stuff into a glass of milk to get it down. It's something we will never forget...right? Bonnie P. AIH and post transplant (5/95)

Guest guest

Marty,

Do you agree it is an improvement in the taste? I think the outcome effect is the same.

Patty

[ ] Lactulose

I hope all of you encelopathics have discovered the new stuff. Kristolose! I know I mentioned it before (or maybe I just thought of it) Serious improvement... not in action but in taste.

patty

-----Original Message-----From: holzboog@... [mailto:holzboog@...] Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 2:10 PM Subject: [ ] Re: RE: proteinDear Marty, The red meat especially (I've also had a problem with too many peanuts) caused me to be very spacey, shaky, serious brain fog and at one time I didn't remember anything of the evening before (my dr. got upset and said that when I got that bad I needed to be in ER). It also causes sleepiness ( I've never been this bad but too much sleeping can mean a coma in serious cases. ) It's all caused by the ammonia build up in the blood - hence the lovely medicine Lactulose which keeps you awake by having you run to the bathroom a lot....We have so much fun, don't we? Forever running,Amy

Guest guest

Patty:

The taste is ever so much better. I just drink it mixed in water most of the time. ....and I find it nothing short of a miracle for me. I can't imagine life without it anymore!

I see you are still posting, so you must still be waiting. Did you go back to work or decide against it? I hope you are able to appreciate each day in the meantime and enjoy your summer.

Love,

Marty

-- [ ] Lactulose

patty

Guest guest

Marty,

I am still waiting. Did go into work yesterday but just to drop off some papers to my secretary. Just trying to keep myself occupied.

Patty

[ ] Lactulose

patty

Guest guest

Hi ,

I can't believe you are still working! Lactulose would make that difficult for sure!

I wasn't able to tolerate lactulose so I am on neomycin. I works a little better for me and when things get out of control, my dr. finally said I could use imodium which he has always said no to. But when I can't leave the house because things are so bad, he finally relented. I've not heard of using zinc but if it works, great! Patty from Florida said she got kristolose which she thought was great and since she was on the second transplant, I believed her. I hope the zinc works so that you can work. I find I don't schedule anything in the mornings and by lunch time it's easier to make plans or appts.

Good luck!

Amy

Guest guest

can some one please explain to me what meds like lactulose are used for. i am not on any of these so I'm curious. is it usually given to people after they have tranplant?

Cece

tranplant 8/17/03holzboog@... wrote:

Hi , I can't believe you are still working! Lactulose would make that difficult for sure!I wasn't able to tolerate lactulose so I am on neomycin. I works a little better for me and when things get out of control, my dr. finally said I could use imodium which he has always said no to. But when I can't leave the house because things are so bad, he finally relented. I've not heard of using zinc but if it works, great! Patty from Florida said she got kristolose which she thought was great and since she was on the second transplant, I believed her. I hope the zinc works so that you can work. I find I don't schedule anything in the mornings and by lunch time it's easier to make plans or appts.Good luck!Amy

Guest guest

Hi Cece,

Was your transplant due to drug buildup? I think you said tylenol? Well, AIH started who knows why or when but as your liver starts to fail more and more it doesn't process ammonia very well. Which builds up in your blood and affects your brain. Early on it causes confusion, odd behavior etc. But if left alone can cause a life threatening coma that is difficult to treat. The lactulose attaches to the ammonia, if I remember correctly, and then acts like a very strong laxative to remove the ammonia from your system.

I am unable to eat beef any more because it triggers the symptoms and my family teases me about some of my comments like a half of a pork taco when we really had hotdogs for dinner! Sometimes if I overload on too much of any kind of meat I can feel it, like I won't have shrimp cocktail before a meal and then eat a normal portion of meat - it's just too much.

Everyone is different, I'm sure, but a laxative is a laxitive especially in higher quantities!

Amy

Guest guest

For what it's worth, my son was put on Lactulose for constipation and

promptly went nine days without a bowel movement. I surely don't recommend it

for

constipation!

Debbie