RemedySpot.com

measurements

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I understand that all solid and liquid fats and oils, unless

> otherwise stated, are by weight, not volume, but do I weigh the water

> as well? Sorry for sounding so inexperienced, but I am!

> e

Hi e,

While it is best to measure the water by weight, it's the ony liquid used that

will be the same weight in liquid ounces. 4 liquid oz's water will weigh 4oz. If

you have an accuratley marked measure cup, the liquid oz markings will work.

Bill

McGregor Mountain Soapworks

http://www.saratogascents.com

Coconut Milk, Lye , Eo's and more

• 2 months later...

I measure chest, waist, hips, upper arm & thigh. I usually measure once a week -- usually Saturday morning. That is my weigh-in/check-in day for CalorieKing.com. Dacia <>< The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. 1:14 www.DeafJesus.org

Thank you... I saw that calorie king was not free. How do you like it versus fitday.com or sparkpeople.com?

Take Care,Amy294/289/140 ID: amy102090

Re: Measurements

I measure chest, waist, hips, upper arm & thigh.

I usually measure once a week -- usually Saturday morning. That is my weigh-in/check-in day for CalorieKing.com.

Dacia <><

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. 1:14

www.DeafJesus.org

Amy, I took my measurements when this started and I am guesing I will measure 1 time a month. I measured each arm, legs(thighs and calfs), hips, belly, "gut",neck, wrists and I think that is is. Good luck.

Just a word of caution about measuring. I don't know about you, but for me, right before my TOM, my chest/breasts are going to be swollen & my waist is swollen. Those measurements may not show a big change if you measure right before your TOM. On the other hand, it could be a way to encourage you to do more if those numbers aren't where you want them to be! Myssi <justmyssi@...> wrote: Amy, I took my measurements when this started and I am guesing I will measure 1 time a month. I measured each arm, legs(thighs and calfs), hips, belly, "gut",neck, wrists and I think that is is. Good luck. Dacia <>< The Word became flesh and

made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. 1:14 www.DeafJesus.org

PS: Also about taking measurements, remember it is sometimes difficult to measure in exactly the same place each time -- especially areas like your upper arm & thigh. Myssi <justmyssi@...> wrote: Amy, I took my measurements when this started and I am guesing I will measure 1 time a month. I measured each arm, legs(thighs and calfs), hips, belly, "gut",neck, wrists and I think that is is. Good luck. Dacia <>< The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. 1:14 www.DeafJesus.org

yeah I know about the placing and things. I am not too terrible set on the measurements that is why I will only do them once a month. I figure I will know with the way things are fitting I dont really need that number to tell me. :) But it would be nice to watch them fall some. :)

I am one of the few lucky ones who dont have to worry about TOM, When I was 28 I had to have a hysterectomy. In some ways its good and in others well not so good. :) but I dont have the water gain, so I will chalk that one up to good.

I'm starting to measure every week! I measure: Neck Bust Bra Size Biceps Forearms Rib Cage Waist Hips Thighs CalfsCarl & Amy <acwinston@...> wrote: For those who also measure themselves, what all do you measure? Do you measure every week? Take Care,Amy294/289/140 ID: amy102090

Photos Got holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands ASAP.

Amy -- You are right. www.calorieking.com is not free. But I am willing to pay for it because it fits me. It is cheaper than WW. What drew me to Calorie King at first was the calorie counter book -- can't remember where I got my first one. I think it has a bigger database than does www.fitday.com. I haven't taken the time to look at sparkpeople.com. I like that I have the online support of the calorie king community. I've met some intersting people in the forums. I like that I can log on and get to the online version anywhere I am traveling. The information that is available to me in the "univeristy" is helpful. I am not saying that anything is wrong with the other sites. I just like Calorie King

better. Dacia <>< For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Amy -- You are right. www.calorieking.com is not free. But I am willing to pay for it because it fits me. It is cheaper than WW. What drew me to Calorie King at first was the calorie counter book -- can't remember where I got my first one. I think it has a bigger database than does www.fitday.com. I haven't taken the time to look at sparkpeople.com. I like that I have the online support of the calorie king community. I've met some intersting people in the forums. I like that I can log on and get to the online version anywhere I am traveling. The information that is available to me in the "univeristy" is helpful. I am not saying that anything is wrong with the other sites. I just like Calorie King

better. Dacia <>< For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Amy, I am a firm believer of measuring. That is the first thing I did when I decided to get real about losing weight and I do it pretty religiously once a week. During the summer when my eating was off a lot or the scale showed a maintain, that is what got me through was to see a little difference in the measuring.... I am glad I did it and would highly recommend it for anyone just starting and/or to just get started on it....

thank you all for your input on taking measurements. I have decided to do it... I think it will be helpful and fun to see the inches fade away in time. I may not measure exactly in the same place every time, but in 6 months, it will be nice to see a difference and I'll be glad that I took them at the beginning.

Take Care,Amy294/289/140 ID: amy102090

re: measurements

Amy, I am a firm believer of measuring. That is the first thing I did when I decided to get real about losing weight and I do it pretty religiously once a week. During the summer when my eating was off a lot or the scale showed a maintain, that is what got me through was to see a little difference in the measuring.... I am glad I did it and would highly recommend it for anyone just starting and/or to just get started on it....

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

Wow, Bonnie, you are doing great!!! I need to take my measurements again. I haven't measured since the first time I did it. Only half a pound to goal that is awesome. You are an inspiration! Keep it up. You are doing great! You'll make that half a pound in no time. Wow just look at those measurements. They sure are coming down aren't they? from MO.

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/23/2006 4:03:30 AM Pacific Standard Time, brgk44@... writes:

Waist: 50/44/41Hips: 61/56/52Thigh: 34/29/27Calf: 23/19/17.5Arm: 23/20/19Bra size: 48I/42G/40DD(occasionally DDD)Weight: 338/291/268.5

Wow Bonnie, that's fantastic!! I can't wait to get back to Curves and moving again!! I did go for a small walk today before work, so that was good!!

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

I know these have been posted in the past, but I can't find what the normal,

" goal " measurements are for assymmetry and cephalic index. My son has gone down

to 4mm assymetry and 93% cephalic index (from 8 mss and 97%) since Jan 30 (with

3 weeks out of helmet due to various skin infections). The orthotist thinks we

have approx. 4 weeks more to go.

Thanks!

Guest guest

Below 3 mm is considered to be normal. The goal for the Cephalic Index really

depends upon who you talk to. The numbers I've seen on this board say below 88

for girls and 91 for boys is two standard deviations, but many of the orthos

like to get it to the mid 80's. My ortho says that anything below 91.2 is

normal.

What I've heard is that they usually don't consider a band for anything under

90. So, that was my original goal for my daughter.

So - you're numbers are pretty close - especially the assymetry number. I'm sure

that you'll get there with that number in the next four weeks.

How does the head look to you?

, mom to , 19 months

19.5 weeks in STARband plus CST

land

>

> I know these have been posted in the past, but I can't find what the normal,

" goal " measurements are for assymmetry and cephalic index. My son has gone down

to 4mm assymetry and 93% cephalic index (from 8 mss and 97%) since Jan 30 (with

3 weeks out of helmet due to various skin infections). The orthotist thinks we

have approx. 4 weeks more to go.

>

> Thanks!

>

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

wow, congrats on those results! Diet is such a big factor, isn't it? *SIGH* I wish it weren't!Donna (who is going to experiment w/ eating more protein - something I tend to have trouble doing....)

From: kellyboatright@... <kellyboatright@...>Subject: measurements Date: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 3:35 PM

I found my measurements! !! from day 1 to day 30 of CLX.Bust - -2 in Waist - - 2 inHips - -1 1/2 inarms and thighs stayed the same measurementsGet this though, specific lbs lost - 7.4 BODY FAT 4 % that just goes to show... muscle burns fat!!! I can't believe I actually dropped that much body fat! I remember when it was above 30%. (12% on day 30) It will be interesting to see what day 60 will bring ( especially since my diet has slipped this month) We'll see. I think and hope it will be the same or better!!!

Guest guest

-

I saw your post and had to say CONGRATULATIONS on being FIVE years cancer free!That is huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you celebrate?

I just hit 3 years cancer free. How was Tamoxifen for you aside from the cycle side effects? I didn't take it - I decided to really work on eating lots of veggies mainly the cabbage family. I just had a follow up visit today and everything is going fine. I was just so happy for you when I read your post!

In a message dated 5/28/2009 8:04:21 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time, nancydewolf@... writes:

Hi ,

Congrats on the great results! Be careful about the body fat though, your body does need a certain amount of fat in order to work right. I'm at about 14% and was cautioned by a trainer not to drop any more, that I was already too far below the 20% recommended for women my age (42). I know having too low body fat in women can mess up your menstrual cycles (and cause you to not have any... which I'm not so sure is such a bad thing) and I'm sure it can do other not so great things. She asked me if I was having problems with that but because I was on a med (Tamoxifen) which totally messes up cycles I wasn't sure if the low body fat was also interfering or not. I'm finally off Tamoxifen now (which means I'm truly cancer free!!!!!!!!!! 5 year breast cancer survivor!!!!!!) and am waiting for my first Tamoxifen-free cycle. I've been told that one will be super out of whack but after that I'll know better what to expect. If it is still screwy I'll talk with my doctor about it and see if I need to (gasp) gain weight. I hope not! ;-)

measurements

I found my measurements!!! from day 1 to day 30 of CLX.Bust - -2 in Waist - - 2 inHips - -1 1/2 inarms and thighs stayed the same measurementsGet this though, specific lbs lost - 7.4 BODY FAT 4 % that just goes to show... muscle burns fat!!! I can't believe I actually dropped that much body fat! I remember when it was above 30%. (12% on day 30) It will be interesting to see what day 60 will bring ( especially since my diet has slipped this month) We'll see. I think and hope it will be the same or better!!!

We found the real 'Hotel California' and the 'Seinfeld' diner. What will you find? Explore WhereItsAt.com.

Guest guest

WOOHOO!! FABULOUS! That's superb! Extra congrats on the decreased

waist measurement. You just did something fabulous for your health.

-- who can't wait to get her sent, even though I accidentally

flubbed the mailiing addy, but Beachbody dealt with it wonderfully. (I

ordered on the day that I had lost my glasses, LOL).

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 12:35 PM, kellyboatright@...

<kellyboatright@...> wrote:

> I found my measurements!!! from day 1 to day 30 of CLX.

>

> Bust - -2 in

>

> Waist - - 2 in

>

> Hips - -1 1/2 in

>

> arms and thighs stayed the same measurements

>

> Get this though, specific lbs lost - 7.4

>

> BODY FAT 4 %

>

> that just goes to show... muscle burns fat!!!

>

> I can't believe I actually dropped that much body fat! I remember when it was

above 30%. (12% on day 30) It will be interesting to see what day 60 will bring

( especially since my diet has slipped this month) We'll see. I think and hope

it will be the same or better!!!

>

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

<nancydewolf@...> wrote:

>

>

>Be careful about the body fat though, your body does need a certain amount of

fat in >order to work right. I'm at about 14% and was cautioned by a trainer not

to drop any >more, that I was already too far below the 20% recommended for

women my age (42).

That's interesting. I've never heard such a thing. I was under the impression

,especially with belly fat, it's a bad thing. Not to mention, unattractive.

I don't want to be totally without fat, bodybuilderish. I would like to be able

to sit without having a layer of fat laying on my lap. I would like to have a

six pack (which I'm pretty sure I have but it's hiding behind the belly fat.) Of

course, i'd like to know how much of the belly stuff on me is fat vs extra skin.

( I'd been overweight, actually obese, for some time and had two really big

babies...9lbs and 9.3lbs, my first was only 7.8 but he didn't have enough room

to go and was born with club foot. (all better now, had surgery at 6 months old

or he wouldn't of been able to walk.) Yeah, so I was huge!!! And at only 5.3.

my skin stretched out to the max!

>(which means I'm truly cancer free!!!!!!!!!! 5 year breast cancer

survivor!!!!!!)

Congratulations!!!!!

Guest guest

Yes, the body has to have fat for proper function. For women, that

number is around 10 - 13%, and for men it's around 2 - 4%.

" Underfat " would be 5 - 7% for men and 14 - 20% for women. These

percents will vary a bit depending on age.

Darcy

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 8:46 AM, kellyboatright@...

<kellyboatright@...> wrote:

>

> That's interesting. I've never heard such a thing. I was under the

> impression ,especially with belly fat, it's a bad thing. Not to mention,

> unattractive.

Guest guest

from Michigan <volleyjen0416@...> wrote:

>

>    Hi , that's great!  Are you following CLX as written or did you modify

it?  If so, how?

>  

I do the workouts as outlined. However, at the end of the month i skipped the

last cardio and went to the next phase (Push) so it wouldn't miss up my workout

schedule.

I didn't do to much extra stuff either. I did great abs guar. probably 2 x a

week up til I had hurt my hip flexor. And some extra cardio here and there, 10 -

30 min but not much, only when I had the time.

I was very good with my eating up til the end of the month. We went out to eat 2

sundays in a row and I went crazy on the yummies! No specific diet. Just the new

way I eat. I say I average 1600 calories a day. But I really don't focus on

that. If I'm hungry.... I eat!

BF is usually light-

Activia w/ strawberries added or

multi grain cherrios w/ banana in skim milk or

s. eggs w/ cheese/and an orange

or

skakeology

mid morning snack-

p90x bars - after weight training days! right after workout. I only get 3/4's of

it b/c my

girls want some.

or

Fiber Plus Antioxd. bars - I really like them both but I've been doing the dark

chocolate/almond one instead of

the milk chocolate one

Lunch-

Shakelology if I didnt have it for b.f. or

tuna w/ crackers or on w.w.bread or

leftovers

mid day snack -

granny smith apple with p.b on top -- yummy!!! or