RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, I swear He has me confused with some other Judy Ostry, and I am stuck with this wonderful disease for her! Actually, I have been sick all my life, so RP was just "one more thing to deal with"! I agree, it is much better to laugh than to cry! Crying doesn't do any good anyway, and it ruins your makeup! Love, Judy O (unknown) I forgot to tell you that I am willing to say an extra prayer at anyspecial time that yall pick. The more the better. I always say that Ithink that God sometimes has Alzhimeres because he forgot that hegave me problems yesterday and here he comes again with more. HAHA Ialways told Kim that he only gave the big problems to the ones hethought were strong enough to handle them. She told me to tell himthat we were not strong anymore. But I really think he thinks we donthave enough sense to know all the problems he has given us, so hejust keeps sending moreSomeone asked me the other day how I thought I got this disease. Itold them that it was going down my street and knocked on my door.And like the easy , friendly person I am I said come on in!!!!!!!The Dr.told me that he wanted to test me for some other disease hethought I may have and I told him thank you kindly but I already hadmy share.I appreciated his generousity but he could just give it toanother patient that I didnt want to be greedy. He told me I wasgoing to drive him to drinking. I said as long as he kept treatingme, since everyone else is scared to touch me, I would buy himwhatever he wanted. HAHAHA Our family has always gone from the ICUto the MALL , there is never no in between. So you might as welllaugh about it instead of crying. Luv and hugs,

Guest guest

Judy, what makeup? I havent worn any since my face blew up like a

goodyear blimp. I figured if I didnt draw attention to my face maybe

they wouldnt notice it. My swelling is starting to go down and the

other day I put lipstick on just so I wouldnt forget how to. HAHAHA

We went out to eat for the first time since last Oct. to a restaurant

in another town so I wouldnt see anybody I knew. I just dont feel

right going out in public and since I am almost bald I wear hats

even in my house. boy do I need to get a grip on this, because life

is going on and not just sitting around waiting for me to get over

this.Hang in there,

Guest guest

, trust me, we all relate to the prednisone moon face! And we all hate it too! I've just decided to avoid the camera at all costs. But I am still going out when I can, I need to, I can't just sit here and rot! Tempting though it may be! Don't worry about how you look, your friends and family will love you anyway, honest! As for your hair, Sandy Catalusci (sp?) had a hat party for her daughter when she lost hers from chemo. Think about it! Hang in there, the odds say it HAS GOT to get better! Love, Judy O Re: (unknown) Judy, what makeup? I havent worn any since my face blew up like agoodyear blimp. I figured if I didnt draw attention to my face maybethey wouldnt notice it. My swelling is starting to go down and theother day I put lipstick on just so I wouldnt forget how to. HAHAHAWe went out to eat for the first time since last Oct. to a restaurantin another town so I wouldnt see anybody I knew. I just dont feelright going out in public and since I am almost bald I wear hatseven in my house. boy do I need to get a grip on this, because lifeis going on and not just sitting around waiting for me to get overthis.Hang in there,

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/26/02 1:40:21 PM Pacific Standard Time, judyo_93@...

writes:

<< But I am still going out when I can, I need to, I can't just sit here and

rot! Tempting though it may be! >>

Judy is right. It is still hard for me. I only have a hard time in my

town. If I know I won't know anyone, I don't care. But we can't stay in

forever. I took my taxes to my tax lady today. I have had her for 16 years.

She didn't know who I was when I went to her door. Boy burst my bubble. LOL

But hey, life is too short to sit in a corner. Judy,you are a great

cheering section. I'm so glad you are back.

hugs

Guest guest

, after reading your posts tonight,they uplifted me and made me laugh.

You fit in so well, I'm glad you found us.

hugs

Guest guest

Hey, Girls. We perfer to have you chubby and alive as a skinny corpse. We

love ya.

Jo

Re: Re: (unknown)

>In a message dated 3/26/02 1:40:21 PM Pacific Standard Time,

judyo_93@...

>writes:

>

><< But I am still going out when I can, I need to, I can't just sit here

and

>rot! Tempting though it may be! >>

> Judy is right. It is still hard for me. I only have a hard time in

my

>town. If I know I won't know anyone, I don't care. But we can't stay in

>forever. I took my taxes to my tax lady today. I have had her for 16

years.

> She didn't know who I was when I went to her door. Boy burst my bubble.

LOL

> But hey, life is too short to sit in a corner. Judy,you are a great

>cheering section. I'm so glad you are back.

>

>hugs

>

>

>

>DISCLAIMER!!

>WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS

RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR

BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR

PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND

TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

>

>

Guest guest

Carol, I am so sorry for your great loss. Please accept my condolences. My Prayers are with you and your family. May God Bless You, Sharon

Guest guest

Oh, , me too! Love, me Re: Re: (unknown) In a message dated 3/26/02 1:40:21 PM Pacific Standard Time, judyo_93@...writes:<< But I am still going out when I can, I need to, I can't just sit here androt! Tempting though it may be! >> Judy is right. It is still hard for me. I only have a hard time in mytown. If I know I won't know anyone, I don't care. But we can't stay inforever. I took my taxes to my tax lady today. I have had her for 16 years.She didn't know who I was when I went to her door. Boy burst my bubble. LOLBut hey, life is too short to sit in a corner. Judy,you are a greatcheering section. I'm so glad you are back.hugs

Guest guest

Dear Amber, I was so sorry to hear about the loss of your of your mom. My

prayers are with you and your family at this time. I know it's so hard to

lose a mom as I lost mine to Leukemia a year ago. If you need to talk to

someone please email me any time, I care. Love Sue

(unknown)

> To Everyone in the RP Group-

> On March 4th my mom, Carol, died at Beth Israel Deaconess in Boston.

> She had been hospitalized in Falmouth and they felt she was not doing

> well so they transported her to Boston where they placed three stents

> in her. The stents went in successfully but they said there was more

> damage to the smaller bronchial tubes that could not be stented.

> They told me that they needed to know mom's wishes for when they pull

> the ventilater out. They felf that she would not make it. My father

> and my brother were flown in. We tried to find hope. My mom was

> able to make the choice herself that she would not continue any

> more. We stayed with her as she pasted and she is not suffering any

> more.

> My family and I want to thank you all for all of your support and

> prayers. It is unfortunate that we have to have this pain in our

> life but it so wonderful that there is a community out there that can

> be so helpful. We learned so much about this disease and my mom was

> able to connect with someone else with RP. It really helped to take

> out the mystery of it all.

> I would really like to know how to make a donation to the RP

> Foundation. If anyone could direct me to an email address or phone

> number I would greatly apprecieate it.

> I don't know how, but if there is ever anything that can be done to

> bring awareness to RP - I would really like to be apart of it. I

> want to help in anyway that is needed. My home number is 508-563-

> 1986 so please call on me for anything!

> Thank you again RP Group. My family and I will continue hope for a

> cure and we will always keep you all in our prayers.

> The Carol Arnold Family (Amber)

>

>

>

> DISCLAIMER!!

> WE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, THEREFORE ANY INFORMATION THAT IS

RECEIVED HERE IS FROM EXPERIENCE ONLY. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR

BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING THAT IS SUGGESTED. WE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR

PHYSICIAN AND ARE NOT TRYING TO BE. REMEMBER EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND

TREATMENT MAYBE DIFFERENT FOR MANY OF US. THANK YOU

>

>

Guest guest

Good one Dawn. LOLOL

How are you doing?

I have not been able to get to chat lately. Since I can't drive because of my vision loss my hubby has been taking me shopping on Friday night.

Miss talking to you.

Sandy

Subject: (unknown)

A couple had been married for 40 years and also celebrated their 60th birthdays. During the celebration a fairy appeared and said that because they had been such a loving couple all those years,she would give them one wish each. Being the faithful, loving spouse for all these years, naturally the wife wanted for her and her husband to have a romantic vacation together, so she wished for them to travel around the world.The fairy waved her wand and boom! She had the tickets in her hand. Next, it was the husband's turn and the fairy assured him he could have any wish he wanted, all he needed to do was ask for his heart's desire.He paused for a moment, then said, "Well, honestly, I'd like to have a oman 30 years younger than me."The fairy picked up her wand and boom! He was 90............(Gotta love that fairy!) HAR, HAR, HAR!

Guest guest

Dawn, I knew I liked Andy Rooney for a reason. Thanks, those were great! Love, Judy (unknown) Read all the way to the bottom! If you will take the time to read these. I promise you'll come away withan enlightened perspective. The subjects covered affect us all on a daily basis! They're written by Andy Rooney, a man who has the gift of saying so much with so few words. Enjoy....... I've learned.... That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person. I've learned.... That when you're in love, it shows. I've learned.... That just one person saying to me, "You've made my day!" makes my day. I've learned.... That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world. I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being right. I've learned.... That you should never say no to a gift from a child. I've learned.... That I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in some other way. I've learned.... That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with. I've learned.... That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand. I've learned.... That simple walks with my father around the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult. I've learned.... That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes. I've learned.... That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for. I've learned.... That money doesn't buy class. I've learned.... That it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular. I've learned... That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved. I've learned.... That the Lord didn't do it all in one day. What makes me think I can? I've learned.... That to ignore the facts does not change the facts. I've learned.... That when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you. I've learned.... That love, not time, heals all wounds. I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am. I've learned.... That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile. I've learned.... That there's nothing sweeter than sleeping with your babies and feeling their breath on your cheeks. I've learned.... That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them. I've learned.... That life is tough, but I'm tougher. I've learned.... That opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss. I've learned.... That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere. I've learned.... That I wish I could have told my Dad that I love him one more time before he passed away. I've learned.... That one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them. I've learned.... That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks. I've learned.... That I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it. I've learned.... That when your newly born grandchild holds your little finger in his little fist, that you're hooked for life. I've learned.... That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it. I've learned ... That it's best to give advice in only two circumstances; when it is requested and when it is a life threatening situation. I've learned.... That the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done. To all of you.... Make sure you read all the way down to the last sentence. It's National Friendship Week. Show your friends how much you care. Send

Guest guest

Ouch! Love, Judy (unknown) [Am sure this wouldn't happen to any of us - even if you change the year of graduation!]While waiting for my first appointment in the reception room of a new dentist, I noticed his certificate onthe wall with his full name.Suddenly, I remembered that a tall, handsome boy with the same name had been in my high school class almost 50years ago. Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded anysuch thought.This balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was too old tohave been my classmate.After he had examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended one oflocal high schools."Yes," he replied."When did you graduate?" I asked.He answered, "In 1953.""Why, you were in my class!" I exclaimed.He looked at me closely and then asked, "What did you teach?"

Guest guest

Now THAT is a fairy with not only a sense of humor, but a sense of fair play! Thanks, I really liked that one! Love, Judy (unknown) A couple had been married for 40 years and also celebrated their 60th birthdays. During the celebration a fairy appeared and said that because they had been such a loving couple all those years,she would give them one wish each. Being the faithful, loving spouse for all these years, naturally the wife wanted for her and her husband to have a romantic vacation together, so she wished for them to travel around the world.The fairy waved her wand and boom! She had the tickets in her hand. Next, it was the husband's turn and the fairy assured him he could have any wish he wanted, all he needed to do was ask for his heart's desire.He paused for a moment, then said, "Well, honestly, I'd like to have a oman 30 years younger than me."The fairy picked up her wand and boom! He was 90............(Gotta love that fairy!) HAR, HAR, HAR!

Guest guest

Byk

Jacquie H

(unknown)

Sara's last name is???

Tamara

mom to Ebony, 5 years old, asd, adhd, bipolar

and , 2, polish (lol)

wife to Terry

STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/10/03 10:19:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

tamara_b73@... writes:

> HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>

> I hope everyone has a very relaxing, peaceful mother's day. We all deserve

> it.....even if we don't get it. lol

>

>

Thanks and the same to you and all the wonderful moms here.

The Grammas & Keion

Guest guest

>

>

> I hope everyone has a very relaxing, peaceful mother's day.

Yeah, right, we live on the wrong planet, Tamara!

But you knew that and thanks anyway!

Salli

Guest guest

>

>

>

> I hope everyone has a very relaxing, peaceful mother's day. We all

deserve

> it.....even if we don't get it. lol

Yep, was up and raring to go at 7 this morning! Oh well, it's still

better than the 5:30 that I usually get up at.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommy's!

Sue

Guest guest

Hey, You made it here to .like I told you, It is really a very nice list

too. Some are on many lists & each has something great for us.

By the way, I still keep dear Noelle's pic on top on my cabinet in office.

how lovely she was too. You will be a very welcome gal here too!! such info

is always needed as you know that!!

talks to you again soon on all the lists---hehehe

LOVE & HUGS

grandmomBEV

(unknown)

Hi everyone, my name is Maureen I just joined this group. I also belong to

the cystic-l group.

I am a mother of 3, 2 with cf. my daughter Noelle who was 20, died feb. 7th

this year. she never made the transplant list. Mass General denied her. she

didnt have 2 years for the waiting list, so we had 2 living donors for her.

my son who is 6 years old, has cf also. he is a weezer. my daugther never

weezed. the death of his sister has been hard on him. oohhh by the way,,,

they have different fathers. a very interesting twist.

I am not new to CF as you can see. i just like to comunicate with as many

people as i can who understand as i do, this difficult road we are all on!

well i hope everyone is healthy and happy.

thanks Maureen mom of 3.. Noelle, 20 yo, 12/20/82--2/7/03...sean w/cf and

ricky wo/cf

Maureen----->-@

Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online

http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

-------------------------------------------

The opinions and information exchanged on this list should IN NO WAY

be construed as medical advice.

PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN BEFORE CHANGING ANY MEDICATIONS OR TREATMENTS.

------------------------------------

Guest guest

Dear Maureen,

It is good to see you here, I too have a daughter (w/cf) who will be 20 in

Oct. and my heart breaks for me to think of losing her. I pray that your son

soon understands that every one is different that has CF and he will be around

when a cure is found.

Glad your here.

judy

Mom to almost 20----- Original Message -----

Guest guest

So sorry to hear about the passing of your daughter, Maureen. Sounds to me

like you were very frustrated with Mass General. My thoughts and prayers

are with your family.

Welcome to the list! You will really enjoy it. It is a very upbeat

list--no browbeating or discouraging words (unlike Cystic-L!)--I love it!

S., mom to Cody (7, pwcf), DJ (8, nocf), and a (14, nocf)

(unknown)

> Hi everyone, my name is Maureen I just joined this group. I also belong to

> the cystic-l group.

> I am a mother of 3, 2 with cf. my daughter Noelle who was 20, died feb.

7th

> this year. she never made the transplant list. Mass General denied her.

she

> didnt have 2 years for the waiting list, so we had 2 living donors for

her.

> my son who is 6 years old, has cf also. he is a weezer. my daugther

never

> weezed. the death of his sister has been hard on him. oohhh by the way,,,

> they have different fathers. a very interesting twist.

> I am not new to CF as you can see. i just like to comunicate with as many

> people as i can who understand as i do, this difficult road we are all on!

> well i hope everyone is healthy and happy.

> thanks Maureen mom of 3.. Noelle, 20 yo, 12/20/82--2/7/03...sean w/cf and

> ricky wo/cf

>

>

>

> Maureen----->-@

>

> _________________________________________________________________

> Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online

> http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

>

>

>

>

> -------------------------------------------

> The opinions and information exchanged on this list should IN NO WAY

> be construed as medical advice.

>

> PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN BEFORE CHANGING ANY MEDICATIONS OR

TREATMENTS.

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

>

Guest guest

Welcome Maureen, I remember you from cystic-l , so sad about Noelles death

and its not been very long. This is a great list with lots of younger kids,

so it should work well for your six year old. I know you can be lots of

help to the newer families.

love,

mom of Nick age 21 nocf and age 19 wcf

Guest guest

Thank you all for the warm welcome!! its nice to be here. hope all are

fairly healthy and happy!

mom!!!!

Maureen----->-@

>

>Reply-To: cfparents

>To: <cfparents >

>Subject: Re: (unknown)

>Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:47:38 -0500

>

>So sorry to hear about the passing of your daughter, Maureen. Sounds to me

>like you were very frustrated with Mass General. My thoughts and prayers

>are with your family.

>

>Welcome to the list! You will really enjoy it. It is a very upbeat

>list--no browbeating or discouraging words (unlike Cystic-L!)--I love it!

>

> S., mom to Cody (7, pwcf), DJ (8, nocf), and a (14, nocf)

>

> (unknown)

>

>

> > Hi everyone, my name is Maureen I just joined this group. I also belong

>to

> > the cystic-l group.

> > I am a mother of 3, 2 with cf. my daughter Noelle who was 20, died feb.

>7th

> > this year. she never made the transplant list. Mass General denied her.

>she

> > didnt have 2 years for the waiting list, so we had 2 living donors for

>her.

> > my son who is 6 years old, has cf also. he is a weezer. my daugther

>never

> > weezed. the death of his sister has been hard on him. oohhh by the

>way,,,

> > they have different fathers. a very interesting twist.

> > I am not new to CF as you can see. i just like to comunicate with as

>many

> > people as i can who understand as i do, this difficult road we are all

>on!

> > well i hope everyone is healthy and happy.

> > thanks Maureen mom of 3.. Noelle, 20 yo, 12/20/82--2/7/03...sean w/cf

>and

> > ricky wo/cf

> >

> >

> >

> > Maureen----->-@

> >

> > _________________________________________________________________

> > Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online

> > http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > -------------------------------------------

> > The opinions and information exchanged on this list should IN NO WAY

> > be construed as medical advice.

> >

> > PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN BEFORE CHANGING ANY MEDICATIONS OR

>TREATMENTS.

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

hi, the doctor she had was the tranplant doc. i forgot his name. lol. she

was going to the clinic at umass worcester. her doctors there were. dr.

zwerdling and dr. o'sullivan. my son sees the same ones.

Maureen----->-@

>

>Reply-To: cfparents

>To: cfparents

>Subject: (unknown)

>Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:35:53 -0000

>

>I am so sorry to hear of Noelle passing. A loss of one is a loss to

>all. It must be very hard on the family. Who was her doctor at MGH?

>My son goes to the CF clinic there as well.

>

>jan

>

>

>

>-------------------------------------------

>The opinions and information exchanged on this list should IN NO WAY

>be construed as medical advice.

>

>PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN BEFORE CHANGING ANY MEDICATIONS OR

>TREATMENTS.

>

>------------------------------------

>

>

>

Guest guest

> hi, the doctor she had was the tranplant doc. i forgot his name.

lol. she

> was going to the clinic at umass worcester. her doctors there were.

dr.

> zwerdling and dr. o'sullivan. my son sees the same ones.

>

My son sees Dr. Dorkin at MGH. We really like him.

jan

Guest guest

WOW!!! Congratulations!!!!

Alice hardestyal hardesty@...

(unknown)

OK all...the total so far is 164 lbs!!!!! I am about 30-35 lbs from

goal!!!!!! I will be 9 months post-op on June 17th.......keeping my fingers

crossed!!!!!!! Hope all is well with everyone? sherri

Stay strong and healthy