RemedySpot.com

Happy re-birthday!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks, Arne! At first I was torn as to which day to celebrate the 7th or the 8th since surgery began at 8:00 p.m. on the 7th and I came out of surgery at 4:00 a.m. on the 8th. However, I came to this conclusion - both days I was in surgery exactly 4 hours, that I'll take BOTH. I began suffering liver symptoms in 1980 and was finally diagnosed early 1984, and after all those years of fighting liver disease I think it's acceptable to celebrate for 48 hours, what do you think? :0)

Like I told a friend of mine: The little guy (liver, of course) is as happy as a lark, and I'm as happy as a healthy liver patient! It's all good. My liver enzymes are great and today is my first day off of antibiotics. I will say that there is so much confusion about my age, though...I WAS 44 when I went to tx, but they implanted a 20 year old liver so it only seemed fair to take him into consideration so I averaged - that made me 32. Then my exterior turned 45 and he 21 - making me 33, but today I'm celebrating my first birthday. I don't know whether to start checking into AARP, go wild like I'm in my prime or teethe!

Thanks to all of you for being my support network - when I was lacking in family and local friends you all were here to carry me through.

Love and big hugs,

(MO)

PSC & UC dx 1984, chronic pancreatitis dx 1997 (after 10 years of symptoms!) and a plethera of other medical abnormalities, BUT called to tx 1/7/08 and woke with a wonderful new liver on 1/8/08!

To Mel! 1/8/2008

From the archives of 2008:

Message #98905

So far so good. This liver now has a new home and is doing well.

Keep prayers coming.....

Will update again soon.....

Ali

Listen to 350+ music, sports, news radio stations FREE while you browse.Start Listening Now!

Thanks, Arne! At first I was torn as to which day to celebrate the 7th or the 8th since surgery began at 8:00 p.m. on the 7th and I came out of surgery at 4:00 a.m. on the 8th. However, I came to this conclusion - both days I was in surgery exactly 4 hours, that I'll take BOTH. I began suffering liver symptoms in 1980 and was finally diagnosed early 1984, and after all those years of fighting liver disease I think it's acceptable to celebrate for 48 hours, what do you think? :0)

Like I told a friend of mine: The little guy (liver, of course) is as happy as a lark, and I'm as happy as a healthy liver patient! It's all good. My liver enzymes are great and today is my first day off of antibiotics. I will say that there is so much confusion about my age, though...I WAS 44 when I went to tx, but they implanted a 20 year old liver so it only seemed fair to take him into consideration so I averaged - that made me 32. Then my exterior turned 45 and he 21 - making me 33, but today I'm celebrating my first birthday. I don't know whether to start checking into AARP, go wild like I'm in my prime or teethe!

Thanks to all of you for being my support network - when I was lacking in family and local friends you all were here to carry me through.

Love and big hugs,

(MO)

PSC & UC dx 1984, chronic pancreatitis dx 1997 (after 10 years of symptoms!) and a plethera of other medical abnormalities, BUT called to tx 1/7/08 and woke with a wonderful new liver on 1/8/08!

To Mel! 1/8/2008

Message #98905

Keep prayers coming.....

Ali

Listen to 350+ music, sports, news radio stations FREE while you browse.Start Listening Now!

Happy rebirthday!ShaulSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: "A&J M" Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 18:12:34 -0600To: < >Subject: Happy re-birthday! To – 01/08/03! From the archives of 2003: Message: 58143 From: ummmbacon@ Received: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:39 AM Subject: Re: Re: Tim R. - PTC tube Itching, it was so bad when I had PSC, extreme. Atarax (sp?) saved me, it makes you sleepy but that was OK when I was so sick. January 8, 2004 will be three years since my liver tx. I am so grateful.

Happy rebirthday!ShaulSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: "A&J M" Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 18:12:34 -0600To: < >Subject: Happy re-birthday! To – 01/08/03! From the archives of 2003: Message: 58143 From: ummmbacon@ Received: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:39 AM Subject: Re: Re: Tim R. - PTC tube Itching, it was so bad when I had PSC, extreme. Atarax (sp?) saved me, it makes you sleepy but that was OK when I was so sick. January 8, 2004 will be three years since my liver tx. I am so grateful.

Happy Belated First Re-Birthday Mel! They made you wait for it but it sounds like you got a good one! Congratulations!

Ian

Thanks to all of you for being my support network - when I was lacking in family and local friends you all were here to carry me through. Love and big hugs, (MO)PSC & UC dx 1984, chronic pancreatitis dx 1997 (after 10 years of symptoms!) and a plethera of other medical abnormalities, BUT called to tx 1/7/08 and woke with a wonderful new liver on 1/8/08!

To Mel! 1/8/2008

Message #98905

Keep prayers coming.....

Ali

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Happy Belated First Re-Birthday Mel! They made you wait for it but it sounds like you got a good one! Congratulations!

Ian

Thanks to all of you for being my support network - when I was lacking in family and local friends you all were here to carry me through. Love and big hugs, (MO)PSC & UC dx 1984, chronic pancreatitis dx 1997 (after 10 years of symptoms!) and a plethera of other medical abnormalities, BUT called to tx 1/7/08 and woke with a wonderful new liver on 1/8/08!

To Mel! 1/8/2008

Message #98905

Keep prayers coming.....

Ali

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Ian

To Mel! 1/8/2008

Message #98905

Keep prayers coming.....

Ali

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Rebirthday to Deb!!!

(MO)

Deb

We got another call tonight so heading over to the UW at 9pm. Please keep us in your prayers that this is the perfect match for Deb and please send a prayer to the donor family, whoever they are.

I will keep you posted when I can.

Kate in Seattle

(CB site entry follows)

Thursday, January 19, 2006 4:39 PM CST

2 p.m. and Deb was just wheeled into surgery. We had a few friends stop by beforehand and everyone said she looked the best that she has in a long time. Its probably the adrenalin rush to give her some rosy cheeks! It will now be a long wait....8 hours or more. I have not been able to connect with Don and Donna yet (hopefully they are not roaming around trying to find me). Some friends from work are bringing me lunch since I don't want to leave in case her parents make it here....

More later.

Kate

Which stars will make the biggest headlines in 2009? Get Hollywood predictions, celebrity holiday photos and more with the PopEater Toolbar.

(MO)

Deb

We got another call tonight so heading over to the UW at 9pm. Please keep us in your prayers that this is the perfect match for Deb and please send a prayer to the donor family, whoever they are.

Kate in Seattle

(CB site entry follows)

2 p.m. and Deb was just wheeled into surgery. We had a few friends stop by beforehand and everyone said she looked the best that she has in a long time. Its probably the adrenalin rush to give her some rosy cheeks! It will now be a long wait....8 hours or more. I have not been able to connect with Don and Donna yet (hopefully they are not roaming around trying to find me). Some friends from work are bringing me lunch since I don't want to leave in case her parents make it here....

More later.

Kate

Which stars will make the biggest headlines in 2009? Get Hollywood predictions, celebrity holiday photos and more with the PopEater Toolbar.

(MO)

Deb

Kate in Seattle

(CB site entry follows)

More later.

Kate

Thank you Arne and for thinking of Deb (and me). Hard to

believe its been three years....and feel grateful for every minute Deb

has with Morgen (now 16!) and me. She has been doing okay though has

her ups and downs. She has not had any official dx of recurrent PSC,

but I am wondering.... as she has periodic " ICKY " feelings, (many of

you know so well). Her doctor did put her back on Urso, but later

took her off, citing some recent research. She is doing some

volunteering for Transplant House, temporary housing for transplant

patients and families. Our daughter has had her share of illness this

year...with a severe case of colitis due to C-Diff, which she got

after taking a broad spectrum antibiotic...then later, diagnosed with

gluten allergy. It has not been fun! The bright side, is we make some

killer gluten free donuts and a nearby restaurant makes gluten free

pizza!

Anyway,,, I will scan some messages to look for familiar names and

always glad to share my experiences with anyone who is interested.

Kate in Seattle. (and Deb)

• 2 weeks later...

I will keep Lori and you in my thoughts and prayers. Serbrina Sent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: "A&JM" Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 04:54:03 -0600To: < >Subject: Happy re-birthday! To Lori (and !) 02/03/05 From the archives of 2005: Message: 68354 From: M Received: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:15 AM Subject: Request for prayers Lori's MELD has risen to 27, and they have found a matching liver. She will undergo a liver transplant beginning around 8AM. Lori is very scared right now and I'm shaking so much I can hardly type this message.

I will keep Lori and you in my thoughts and prayers. Serbrina Sent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: "A&JM" Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 04:54:03 -0600To: < >Subject: Happy re-birthday! To Lori (and !) 02/03/05 From the archives of 2005: Message: 68354 From: M Received: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:15 AM Subject: Request for prayers Lori's MELD has risen to 27, and they have found a matching liver. She will undergo a liver transplant beginning around 8AM. Lori is very scared right now and I'm shaking so much I can hardly type this message.

I as well wish a Happy reBirthday to both Tim!! and Lori!!

Ian

Happy Rebirthday Tim and Lori!!! (MO)

Get instant access to the latest most popular FREE games while you browse with the Games Toolbar - Download Now!

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

(6...

Ian

Get instant access to the latest most popular FREE games while you browse with the Games Toolbar - Download Now!

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

(6...

Ian

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

(6...

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

That’s great!

Hey it’s me again. Just

left the hospital tonight on 4/5/05. He is doing so good. They took out the

vent today, and has no drains in belly, just the drain in the nose for stomach

fluids and oxygen.Still has lines but doing great!!! We are the road to

RECOVERY!!!!! Awesome!!!!! I can’t believe on how well he is doing, I am really

amazed. AMEN!!!!!!!!! Tina

Guest guest

To Terry (and – and Ted and Rita!) 4/9/02 NLDT (non-living related donor transplant)

From the archives of 2002

Date: Tue Apr 9, 2002 1:57 pm

Subject: Terry in surgery

Hello everybody, Terry is in the OR as I type (or rather “hunt and peck”) Everything is going well so far. Both he and Ted were in really good spirits this am. And Rita and I have felt astonishingly calm. Must be all that positive energy and prayers coming our way!

We’re whiling away the time watching the Queen Mother’s funeral,

doing a jigsaw puzzle and I’ve just discovered the computer in the

transplant unit so life is good! We’ve been told that everything is

going smoothly so thank you all once again for all your prayers and

good wishes. We’ve been overwhelmed by everyone’s concern and

thoughtfulness. Will be in touch. xxx