before using ALA. It is taken in small doses every 3 h around the

clock for 3 days and 2 nights on (or more) and as many days off as

days on. Supplements are taken to support chelation and encourage

healing.

Please give me any other additional

> advise.

Start reading through the files and links sections here, read both of

'Andy's books' in the links section, ask questions, and make sure that

you understand chelation when you start.

J

>

> Thanks,

> Glenn

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

>

> Hello All,

>

> I'm new here and have a question about ALA. Can this be taken alone

or do I

> need something else to take with it.

It can be taken alone, as in without food or other supplements, if

that is what you mean.

ALA is a metal chelator so must be used in a certain way. It is not

to be taken at all until all amalgams have been removed and sources of

exposure to mercury stopped. DMSA can be used 3-4 days after amalgam

removal but a person should wait about 3 months after amalgam removal

healing.

> advise.

J

>

> Thanks,

> Glenn

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

>

> Hello All,

>

or do I

> need something else to take with it.

It can be taken alone, as in without food or other supplements, if

that is what you mean.

ALA is a metal chelator so must be used in a certain way. It is not

to be taken at all until all amalgams have been removed and sources of

exposure to mercury stopped. DMSA can be used 3-4 days after amalgam

removal but a person should wait about 3 months after amalgam removal

healing.

> advise.

J

>

> Thanks,

> Glenn

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

>

> Hello All,

>

Yes, as a chelator, on a 3-4 hour chelation schedule.

> or do I

> need something else to take with it. Please give me any other additional

> advise.

>

> Thanks,

> Glenn

>

>

>

> **************************************Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest

> products.

> (http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?NCID=aoltop00030000000001)

>

>

>

Guest guest

>

> Hello All,

>

Yes, as a chelator, on a 3-4 hour chelation schedule.

> or do I

> need something else to take with it. Please give me any other additional

> advise.

>

> Thanks,

> Glenn

>

>

>

> **************************************Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest

> products.

> (http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?NCID=aoltop00030000000001)

>

>

>

Guest guest

Good morning Dave,

Thank you for the information on cholesterol. That does explain to me part of what is going on. I will try diet first and hope that helps. At least statins are easy on the body compared to some of the other drugs they have put me on.

My doctor prescribed Urisodoyl when first diagnosed. I took one pill; experienced extreme indigestion so stopped. I guess I will have to go for the statin if diet doesn't take care of the problem.

Thank you for your reply,

Enid Cresson

To: Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 10:04:32 PMSubject: Re: New Member

Hi Enid;Welcome to the group. Sorry to hear about your fatigue and low grade fever, and elevated cholesterol. Perhaps others will comment on the fatigue issue, but here I'd like to tackle your cholesterol question.Cholesterol can come from two sources; the diet, and assembly from small molecules in the body. Cholesterol from both sources is then used to make bile in the liver, which is normally excreted into the bile ducts and eventually ends up in the intestines. In "cholestatic" liver diseases like primary sclerosing cholangitis, and primary biliary cirrhosis, the bile flow out of the liver is impaired, and so bile acids build up and tend to slow down the conversion of cholesterol into bile acids. The net result is that cholesterol builds up. In primary biliary cirrhosis there is good evidence that ursodeoxycholic acid helps restores bile flow, and helps lower cholesterol. Also it seems

that cholesterol- lowering drugs, such as fibrates and statins can help improve liver biochemistry. This is described in an article from Swiss Medical Weekly (2008)http://www.smw. ch/docs/pdf200x/ 2008/29/smw- 12311.pdf"Ursodeoxycholic acid is an established treatment for primary biliary cirrhosis: it has been shown to improve significantly transplantation free survival in these patients. Nevertheless, some 50% of patients do not achieve a complete response, with persistent elevated alkaline phosphatase levels, and are at risk for disease progression. It is important to identify medications with which these patients could be treated. The literature shows that fibrates as well as statins could beprescribed to patients with PBC, not only to reduce hypercholesterolaem ia but also to improve PBC.

Simvastatin and bezafibrate are two medications which, specifically, deserve to be formally studied in larger randomised controlled trials."I would imagine that such cholesterol- lowering drugs might have similar types of effects in PSC, but currently, there are only a few reports of beneficial effects in PSC patients treated in Japan, and there havn't been any large trials yet in the U.S.A.Anyway, ther clearly are treatment options for high cholesterol in cholestatic liver disease. Maybe trying to improve bile flow by taking urosdeoxycholic acid would be a place to start, if you are not already taking this drug? Best regards,Dave (father of (23); PSC 07/03; UC 08/03)

Guest guest

Thank you Ian,

I am glad to hear that I'm not the only one with both diseases. My thyroid levels are back to normal, but couldn't understand why the fatigue continued. I like you am able to nap, in fact somedays that is all I can do. It helps, but I am used to being quite active during the day. Is there anything alternativeally or prescription for the fatigue?

Thanks again,

Enid

To: Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 10:14:25 AMSubject: Re: New Member

Hi Enid and welcome,I was diagnosed with PSC early in 1989, and with Graves in 2004. The PSC can cause fatigue (tired although you haven't being doing anything) which I treat with naps (which fortunately I can take). The Graves or hyperthyroid caused me to very quickly become winded by an sort of physcal activity (short walk up hill, climbing more than one flight of stairs). It was explain to me, that it's like your idle in your car is set to high, causing eccess wear and a lack of reserve power. I lived with that for about a year (I could eat whatever and as much as I wanted without gaining weight) then they "killed" off my thyroid (using radioactive iodine) and I now take synthryoid daily to supply the level of enyzyme? the thyroid is suppose to make .Ian (52) PSC 89

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 7:44 PM, offgridaudio <offgridaudio@ yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi, My name is Enid Cresson. I was diagnosed in August, 2008 with PSC. I have been ill with a low grade fever and extreme fatigue since June, 2005. At the time I received my diagnosis, I was also diagnosed with Graves disease. All the doctors I have seen have not been very helpful in explaining things to me or being able to address my fatigue. I'd like to find out if anyone has been able to treat there fatigue with success. Also my PSC has started mostly in the Bilary Tree on the left side and don't know if the progression will go to my liver sooner than if it had started in the CBD. Lately, my cholestrol has become high and would like to know if that is because of the disease in the ducts or the liver. I'm quite thin and can't believe that my cholesterol is high. Thanks.

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Guest guest

Thank you Ian,

I am glad to hear that I'm not the only one with both diseases. My thyroid levels are back to normal, but couldn't understand why the fatigue continued. I like you am able to nap, in fact somedays that is all I can do. It helps, but I am used to being quite active during the day. Is there anything alternativeally or prescription for the fatigue?

Thanks again,

Enid

Hi Enid and welcome,I was diagnosed with PSC early in 1989, and with Graves in 2004. The PSC can cause fatigue (tired although you haven't being doing anything) which I treat with naps (which fortunately I can take). The Graves or hyperthyroid caused me to very quickly become winded by an sort of physcal activity (short walk up hill, climbing more than one flight of stairs). It was explain to me, that it's like your idle in your car is set to high, causing eccess wear and a lack of reserve power. I lived with that for about a year (I could eat whatever and as much as I wanted without gaining weight) then they "killed" off my thyroid (using radioactive iodine) and I now take synthryoid daily to supply the level of enyzyme? the thyroid is suppose to make .Ian (52) PSC 89

Hi, My name is Enid Cresson. I was diagnosed in August, 2008 with PSC. I have been ill with a low grade fever and extreme fatigue since June, 2005. At the time I received my diagnosis, I was also diagnosed with Graves disease. All the doctors I have seen have not been very helpful in explaining things to me or being able to address my fatigue. I'd like to find out if anyone has been able to treat there fatigue with success. Also my PSC has started mostly in the Bilary Tree on the left side and don't know if the progression will go to my liver sooner than if it had started in the CBD. Lately, my cholestrol has become high and would like to know if that is because of the disease in the ducts or the liver. I'm quite thin and can't believe that my cholesterol is high. Thanks.

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Guest guest

Thank you Ian,

Thanks again,

Enid

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Guest guest

I had an ERCP and was diagnosewd with PSC in Dec right before a colectomy. the ercp showed my common bile duct to be 2mm in dia . Normal size is about 1cm. The bile duct was dilated and myr recent blood work showed everything normal. How long does that dilation last? I feel great and have no symptoms but know its there. Dr says no real way of telling how long the dilation will last. anybody have any thoughts

thanks,

Dundee Tom

Subject: RE: New memberTo: Date: Wednesday, April 8, 2009, 2:35 PM

Original message:

After the transplant what happens are you good or you still have the disease. ,

PSC can return after transplant. My transplant center removed all of my PSC meds at transplant. Depending on where you read, the risk varies from 2% to 40% that it will return. I am eighteen months post transplant and have no symptoms – my labs are great.

Guest guest

I had an ERCP and was diagnosewd with PSC in Dec right before a colectomy. the ercp showed my common bile duct to be 2mm in dia . Normal size is about 1cm. The bile duct was dilated and myr recent blood work showed everything normal. How long does that dilation last? I feel great and have no symptoms but know its there. Dr says no real way of telling how long the dilation will last. anybody have any thoughts

thanks,

Dundee Tom

Original message:

PSC can return after transplant. My transplant center removed all of my PSC meds at transplant. Depending on where you read, the risk varies from 2% to 40% that it will return. I am eighteen months post transplant and have no symptoms – my labs are great.

Guest guest

thanks,

Dundee Tom

Original message:

Guest guest

Oh my God I would really like to thank everyone for all your support and input thanks for all the information I really appreciate it. I also have another question does anyone know any good liver doctors in detroit Michigan that they have heard of please recommend.

Thanks again

Subject: RE: New memberTo: Date: Wednesday, April 8, 2009, 10:35 AM

Original message:

Guest guest

Oh my God I would really like to thank everyone for all your support and input thanks for all the information I really appreciate it. I also have another question does anyone know any good liver doctors in detroit Michigan that they have heard of please recommend.

Thanks again

Original message:

Guest guest

Hi ....Don B. here.....

I live on the west coast, but if you recalled I'd asked what state you live in....You being from Detroit....How long of a drive is it Minnesota?... Because It's my understanding that in the USA (and maybe the world) the Dr there (Dr. Lindor from the Mayo clinic, who from what I've seen and read is the leading authority on PSC) would be great to be able to get into and dx. I see a Dr Pokaros here in Southern California...(whom I found on this site) who is close friends and follows alot of what Lindor does....So I guess if you can, that's who I'd see if I were you! If not, I'm sure someone on this site has a Dr in your area?

Your husbands conditions sounds alot like mine and (thanks to Wells) I met and really like my doctor! ....I'd also check this PSC site for the Mayo clinic....and go also to Mayo's web page and look under Dr. Lindor....also look up "youske'" on this site...who flew from washington state to see Lindor....I'm sure they could fill you in on him and I know if you searched it here on our site, people can tell you about hotel deals were to stay and eat etc. God's speed to you and best wishes....there is areason for this to be happening to us, really... good luck !

Don B. PSC/ UC 11-08

Original message:

Guest guest

Hi ....Don B. here.....

I live on the west coast, but if you recalled I'd asked what state you live in....You being from Detroit....How long of a drive is it Minnesota?... Because It's my understanding that in the USA (and maybe the world) the Dr there (Dr. Lindor from the Mayo clinic, who from what I've seen and read is the leading authority on PSC) would be great to be able to get into and dx. I see a Dr Pokaros here in Southern California...(whom I found on this site) who is close friends and follows alot of what Lindor does....So I guess if you can, that's who I'd see if I were you! If not, I'm sure someone on this site has a Dr in your area?

Your husbands conditions sounds alot like mine and (thanks to Wells) I met and really like my doctor! ....I'd also check this PSC site for the Mayo clinic....and go also to Mayo's web page and look under Dr. Lindor....also look up "youske'" on this site...who flew from washington state to see Lindor....I'm sure they could fill you in on him and I know if you searched it here on our site, people can tell you about hotel deals were to stay and eat etc. God's speed to you and best wishes....there is areason for this to be happening to us, really... good luck !

Don B. PSC/ UC 11-08

Original message:

Guest guest

Hi ....Don B. here.....

Don B. PSC/ UC 11-08

Original message:

Guest guest

I live 40 miles north of Ann Arbor and had my transplant at the University of Michigan in 2002. They have a transplant program with a team of doctors, nurses, social workers, everyone you need to see you through the PSC adventure. I know that Henry Ford Hospital also has a transplant program but I don't know anything about it. Do you have a G.I. doc? She/He can recommend where to go and give you a referral. If you want more info on the U of M program I can help you out.

Take Care

MizKit

RE: [null-support] New member

To: null-support

Date: Wednesday, April 8, 2009, 10:35 AM

Original message:

After the transplant what happens are you good or you still have the disease.

null can return after transplant. My transplant center removed all of my null null at transplant. Depending on where you read, the risk varies from 2% to 40% that it will return. I am eighteen months post transplant and have no symptoms – my labs are great.

Save money by eating out! Find great dining coupons in your area.

Guest guest

I live 40 miles north of Ann Arbor and had my transplant at the University of Michigan in 2002. They have a transplant program with a team of doctors, nurses, social workers, everyone you need to see you through the PSC adventure. I know that Henry Ford Hospital also has a transplant program but I don't know anything about it. Do you have a G.I. doc? She/He can recommend where to go and give you a referral. If you want more info on the U of M program I can help you out.

Take Care

MizKit

Original message:

null can return after transplant. My transplant center removed all of my null null at transplant. Depending on where you read, the risk varies from 2% to 40% that it will return. I am eighteen months post transplant and have no symptoms – my labs are great.

Guest guest

Take Care

MizKit

Original message: