RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

grits

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sarqdogg,

Hey my friend, be careful of those grits--they get stuck in the teeth, and then your head falls off.

so, how are you doing? Hope all is good with you.

Elodia- girlfriend, I do hope you stick with the grit hating thing-- I'd hate to be in this battle alone.

Love to you both,

Tracie

Guest guest

Sarqdogg,

Hey my friend, be careful of those grits--they get stuck in the teeth, and then your head falls off.

Elodia- girlfriend, I do hope you stick with the grit hating thing-- I'd hate to be in this battle alone.

Love to you both,

Tracie

Guest guest

Sarqdogg,

Love to you both,

Tracie

Guest guest

Hey Tracie, don't worry, I'm also in the grit hating club, and I'm from the south.. Go figure.. lol

Ok Sarcdogg--now you're in trouble, Elodia, and I are not "fond" of grits.

Who thought of making sand flavored egg covered, yuck.

Add butter and now you've got the ability to stick the grits in a tight hole and cover them up--with cement. Or as is seen when the pan does not get rinsed out directly after putting the grits on a plate-- let it sit for a couple of minutes and va-laaa, you've got cement-- hmmm-- a theme maybe????

Guest guest

Hey Tracie, don't worry, I'm also in the grit hating club, and I'm from the south.. Go figure.. lol

t

-- Re: Grits

Sarqdogg,Hey my friend, be careful of those grits--they get stuck in the teeth, and then your head falls off. so, how are you doing? Hope all is good with you.Elodia- girlfriend, I do hope you stick with the grit hating thing-- I'd hate to be in this battle alone.Love to you both,Tracie

Guest guest

t

-- Re: Grits

Sarqdogg,Hey my friend, be careful of those grits--they get stuck in the teeth, and then your head falls off. so, how are you doing? Hope all is good with you.Elodia- girlfriend, I do hope you stick with the grit hating thing-- I'd hate to be in this battle alone.Love to you both,Tracie

Guest guest

Hey, I LOVE my grits and I am from the North~~

Hugs,

Darlene

NS Co-Owner/Moderator

Re: Grits

OK you guys you better leave my grits alone or else....

Terri G.>> > > > > Hey Tracie, don't worry, I'm also in the grit hating club, and I'm from the > > south.. Go figure.. lol> > > > Ok Sarcdogg--now you're in trouble, Elodia, and I are not "fond" of > grits.> Who thought of making sand flavored egg covered, yuck. > Add butter and now you've got the ability to stick the grits in a tight hole > and cover them up--with cement. Or as is seen when the pan does not get > rinsed out directly after putting the grits on a plate-- let it sit for a couple of > minutes and va-laaa, you've got cement-- hmmm-- a theme maybe????>

Guest guest

Welllll, Kiss my grits!

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: GritsDate: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:40:12 -0000

Terri G.>> > > > > Hey Tracie, don't worry, I'm also in the grit hating club, and I'm from the > > south.. Go figure.. lol> > > > Ok Sarcdogg--now you're in trouble, Elodia, and I are not "fond" of > grits.> Who thought of making sand flavored egg covered, yuck. > Add butter and now you've got the ability to stick the grits in a tight hole > and cover them up--with cement. Or as is seen when the pan does not get > rinsed out directly after putting the grits on a plate-- let it sit for a couple of > minutes and va-laaa, you've got cement-- hmmm-- a theme maybe????>~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis CommunityNS CHAT:- Has been cancelled for now.Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

Welllll, Kiss my grits!

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: GritsDate: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:40:12 -0000

Terri G.>> > > > > Hey Tracie, don't worry, I'm also in the grit hating club, and I'm from the > > south.. Go figure.. lol> > > > Ok Sarcdogg--now you're in trouble, Elodia, and I are not "fond" of > grits.> Who thought of making sand flavored egg covered, yuck. > Add butter and now you've got the ability to stick the grits in a tight hole > and cover them up--with cement. Or as is seen when the pan does not get > rinsed out directly after putting the grits on a plate-- let it sit for a couple of > minutes and va-laaa, you've got cement-- hmmm-- a theme maybe????>~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis CommunityNS CHAT:- Has been cancelled for now.Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database

Guest guest

Me, too! So you're back home? Hope it was a good trip.

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: <Neurosarcoidosis >Subject: Re: Re: GritsDate: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 20:14:48 -0500

Hey, I LOVE my grits and I am from the North~~

Hugs,

Darlene

NS Co-Owner/Moderator

Guest guest

Hi Rose,

Yes, we are home........and glad to be! Over all, it was not a good winter, but

hey, I am still here.....:-) I sent a long note to the list and the moderators, so I won't

repeat it all here, but it sure is good to be back on line......

Hugs,

Darlene

NS Co-Owner/Moderator

Guest guest

Hi Rose,

hey, I am still here.....:-) I sent a long note to the list and the moderators, so I won't

Hugs,

Darlene

NS Co-Owner/Moderator

Guest guest

Hi Rose,

Hugs,

Darlene

NS Co-Owner/Moderator

Guest guest

Exactly! Sand covered with butter. Been searching for the proper way

to describe them.

Elodi-o-doe-doe

>

Guest guest

to describe them.

Elodi-o-doe-doe

>

Guest guest

to describe them.

Elodi-o-doe-doe

>

Guest guest

AHHHHH - Elodia - you must not have had the cooked correctly. If they

are too thingand cooked to quickly they can be " sandy " . But if cooked

correctly with the right amount of butter and salt and pepper, it is

awsome. Crumble up some bacon and put a fried egg on top. MMMMM, my

mouth is watering right now.

Also, remember grits has two syllables not one.

Terri G.

>

> Exactly! Sand covered with butter. Been searching for the proper way

> to describe them.

> Elodi-o-doe-doe

> >

>

Guest guest

Terri G.

>

> to describe them.

> Elodi-o-doe-doe

> >

>

Guest guest

Terri G.

>

> to describe them.

> Elodi-o-doe-doe

> >

>

Guest guest

to describe them.

Or worse, sand covered butter with egg yolks goo-ing it up--- ickkkkkk

Guest guest

to describe them.

Guest guest

to describe them.

Guest guest

remember grits has two syllables not one.

Wow--I learned something-- I just thought that they were di-spos-ible. Hmm 3 syllables. . .

Guest guest

remember grits has two syllables not one.

Wow--I learned something-- I just thought that they were di-spos-ible. Hmm 3 syllables. . .

Guest guest

I really cant imagine them - I think I'll stick to porridge ooh and maybe a full english breakfast occasionally ! Clairmosaicgirl1 wrote: Clair,Grits is a breakfast food that is made from corn and served hot withbutter and salt and pepper. It is a southern thing here in the states. G.R.I.T.S. is also an acronym - Girls Raised In the South. I have livedin the south a lot (even though I have also lived in the north) and Ilove to eat grits with fried eggs and bacon. I don't do it much becauseall of that fat is not good (grits actually are not fatty but I putbutter in them). It was something I was raised on by my Grandmother. We used to have Pepsi-Cola and rice with gravy, scrambled eggs withsausage, grits, fatback and we dipped our

toast in coffee (mostly milk).My grandmother fried everything in lard and our eggs were fresh from theneighbors hen house.When I lived in Arkansas, we raised our own pig and had her slaughtered.I am an animal lover and I threw a fit about it but it was the best hamand bacon I had ever had. I also learned to eat venison there. My momwould cook turnip greens and fry cornbread too.Well, so much for that - I know you just wanted to know about grits butI felt a little remeniscent.Terri G.> >> > In a message dated 3/27/06 7:57:58 PM Pacific Standard

Time,> > topdat@ writes:> >> >> > > Hey Tracie, don't worry, I'm also in the grit hating club, and I'mfrom the> > > south.. Go figure.. lol> > >> >> > Ok Sarcdogg--now you're in trouble, Elodia, and I are not"fond" of> > grits.> > Who thought of making sand flavored egg covered, yuck.> > Add butter and now you've got the ability to stick the grits in atight hole> > and cover them up--with cement. Or as is seen when the pan does notget> > rinsed out directly after putting the grits on a plate-- let it sitfor a couple of> > minutes and va-laaa, you've got cement-- hmmm-- a theme maybe????> >>>>>>>>>>> ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~> The Neurosarcoidosis Community>> NS CHAT:- Has been cancelled for

now.>> Message Archives:-> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messages>> Members Database:-> Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database>>