RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Neurosarcoidosis and working

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Rose , if you no of someone that can help me with this i do have an atty but hes not sure as to were to go with .1save my job offer me another job after the one year Rose wrote: , I'm so sorry that you are being treated with such disrespect & callousness after all these years. Where do you live? Do you know if there are any employee advocates available to help you? We have a new member, Connie, who is our expert on work issues. Maybe she will have some ideas for you. Let us know where you work. I'm glad you are staying in touch with the group; hadn't heard from you for awhile. Ramblin' Rose Moderator Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: Neurosarcoidosis and workingDate: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 08:46:16 -0700 (PDT) IM GOING THROW THE SAMETHING ON THE JOB ,FIVE DOCTORS NOTES ,FMLA AND LONG-TERM FOR 6MOS. IWORK FOR THE STATE A THEY ARE GIVING HELL ,THIS IS GREAT CHANGE IN MY LIFE 40% OF LUNGS ARE GONE ITS HARD FOR ME .IVE BEEN ON MY JOB FOR 18 YEARS AND TO GO TO A DISMISSAL HEARING BECAUSE I WAS SICK Debbie wrote: Hi Connie, Thanks for your info . As Tracie said it will be nice to have someone with that type of knowlege in the group, it is so hard to go up against your employers these days especially when it comes up to sick time with various illnesses. I know when I started becoming ill, my employer didn't work with me well at all. When I really got bad, I went out on sick leave thinking I would go back when I was better . (But in the meantime I found out they planned on laying me off the same week anyway). I was very lucky to leave when I did because I could collect

shortterm liablility . I worked for this company devoted myself for 17 yrs. Then the issue came up for vacation time owed. The wouldn't pay me. I had to take them before the labor board because the owed me 4 weeks of vacation time. Of course all of this stress didn't help my condition at all. It also upset me because I thought these people were my friends and collegues. THat's why you should always be "in the know" or prepared as to what will happen if you have to leave your job abruptly. Connie, thanks for helping.

DebbieConnie Griffis wrote: Becky, Employers can no longer access your sick leave records, and it is against the law for them to ask you during an interview about your health. It is not being dishonest, I am sure you are a hard worker and there is no need to volunteer derogatory information about yourself when it does not involve how well you do your job. I work for vocational

rehabilitation for the state of florida, our whole goal is to keep disabled people employed or help them find employment. We don't even let employers know we work with clients, and this is due to confidentiality for our clients. If you have problems despite everything, please contact your local vocational rehabilitation office in your state. Voc Rehab offers a miriad of help from medical to retraining and degree'd college programs, etc., etc. etc. Let me know if I can be of assistance, my personal email is conaugusta@... Best Wishes///ConnieBecky wrote: Hi to everyone,I have had NS for 3 and a half years, it is currently in remission. My employers have been very good to me so

far in that this illness is unpredictable causing time off and I have to attend various medical appointments.I have been very lucky so far, that I only had to take seven months off, whilst I was really bad, but now there has been talks of restructuring the company and possible having to re-apply for jobs or redundances. If this happens I am worried that if I don't get through, I'm not sure another employer will want to take me on with my sickness record and unpredictability with the illness.Has anyone else been in a similar situation?I would like to know other people's experiences, if they had to give up work for this reason etc.Thanks in advance!BeckyEngland_________________________________________________________________Windows Live� Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!

http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb

Guest guest

Rose , if you no of someone that can help me with this i do have an atty but hes not sure as to were to go with .1save my job offer me another job after the one year Rose wrote: , I'm so sorry that you are being treated with such disrespect & callousness after all these years. Where do you live? Do you know if there are any employee advocates available to help you? We have a new member, Connie, who is our expert on work issues. Maybe she will have some ideas for you. Let us know where you work. I'm glad you are staying in touch with the group; hadn't heard from you for awhile. Ramblin' Rose Moderator Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: Neurosarcoidosis and workingDate: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 08:46:16 -0700 (PDT) IM GOING THROW THE SAMETHING ON THE JOB ,FIVE DOCTORS NOTES ,FMLA AND LONG-TERM FOR 6MOS. IWORK FOR THE STATE A THEY ARE GIVING HELL ,THIS IS GREAT CHANGE IN MY LIFE 40% OF LUNGS ARE GONE ITS HARD FOR ME .IVE BEEN ON MY JOB FOR 18 YEARS AND TO GO TO A DISMISSAL HEARING BECAUSE I WAS SICK Debbie wrote: Hi Connie, Thanks for your info . As Tracie said it will be nice to have someone with that type of knowlege in the group, it is so hard to go up against your employers these days especially when it comes up to sick time with various illnesses. I know when I started becoming ill, my employer didn't work with me well at all. When I really got bad, I went out on sick leave thinking I would go back when I was better . (But in the meantime I found out they planned on laying me off the same week anyway). I was very lucky to leave when I did because I could collect

shortterm liablility . I worked for this company devoted myself for 17 yrs. Then the issue came up for vacation time owed. The wouldn't pay me. I had to take them before the labor board because the owed me 4 weeks of vacation time. Of course all of this stress didn't help my condition at all. It also upset me because I thought these people were my friends and collegues. THat's why you should always be "in the know" or prepared as to what will happen if you have to leave your job abruptly. Connie, thanks for helping.

DebbieConnie Griffis wrote: Becky, Employers can no longer access your sick leave records, and it is against the law for them to ask you during an interview about your health. It is not being dishonest, I am sure you are a hard worker and there is no need to volunteer derogatory information about yourself when it does not involve how well you do your job. I work for vocational

rehabilitation for the state of florida, our whole goal is to keep disabled people employed or help them find employment. We don't even let employers know we work with clients, and this is due to confidentiality for our clients. If you have problems despite everything, please contact your local vocational rehabilitation office in your state. Voc Rehab offers a miriad of help from medical to retraining and degree'd college programs, etc., etc. etc. Let me know if I can be of assistance, my personal email is conaugusta@... Best Wishes///ConnieBecky wrote: Hi to everyone,I have had NS for 3 and a half years, it is currently in remission. My employers have been very good to me so

far in that this illness is unpredictable causing time off and I have to attend various medical appointments.I have been very lucky so far, that I only had to take seven months off, whilst I was really bad, but now there has been talks of restructuring the company and possible having to re-apply for jobs or redundances. If this happens I am worried that if I don't get through, I'm not sure another employer will want to take me on with my sickness record and unpredictability with the illness.Has anyone else been in a similar situation?I would like to know other people's experiences, if they had to give up work for this reason etc.Thanks in advance!BeckyEngland_________________________________________________________________Windows Live� Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!

Guest guest

Glad to be of service.....ConnieDebbie wrote: Hi Connie, Thanks for your info . As Tracie said it will be nice to have someone with that type of knowlege in the group, it is so hard to go up against your employers these days especially when it comes up to sick time with various illnesses. I know when I started becoming ill, my employer didn't work with me well at

all. When I really got bad, I went out on sick leave thinking I would go back when I was better . (But in the meantime I found out they planned on laying me off the same week anyway). I was very lucky to leave when I did because I could collect shortterm liablility . I worked for this company devoted myself for 17 yrs. Then the issue came up for vacation time owed. The wouldn't pay me. I had to take them before the labor board because the owed me 4 weeks of vacation time. Of course all of this stress didn't help my condition at all. It also upset me because I thought these people were my friends and collegues. THat's why you should always be "in the know" or prepared as to what will happen if you have to leave your job abruptly. Connie, thanks for helping.

DebbieConnie Griffis wrote: Becky, Employers can no longer access your sick leave records, and it is against the law for them to ask you during an interview about your health. It is not being dishonest, I am sure you are a hard worker and there is no need to volunteer derogatory information about yourself when it does not involve how well you do your job. I work for vocational rehabilitation

for the state of florida, our whole goal is to keep disabled people employed or help them find employment. We don't even let employers know we work with clients, and this is due to confidentiality for our clients. If you have problems despite everything, please contact your local vocational rehabilitation office in your state. Voc Rehab offers a miriad of help from medical to retraining and degree'd college programs, etc., etc. etc. Let me know if I can be of assistance, my personal email is conaugusta@... Best Wishes///ConnieBecky wrote: Hi to everyone,I have had NS for 3 and a half years, it is currently in remission. My employers have been very good to me so far in that this

illness is unpredictable causing time off and I have to attend various medical appointments.I have been very lucky so far, that I only had to take seven months off, whilst I was really bad, but now there has been talks of restructuring the company and possible having to re-apply for jobs or redundances. If this happens I am worried that if I don't get through, I'm not sure another employer will want to take me on with my sickness record and unpredictability with the illness.Has anyone else been in a similar situation?I would like to know other people's experiences, if they had to give up work for this reason etc.Thanks in advance!BeckyEngland_________________________________________________________________Windows Live� Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free! http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb

Guest guest

, (by the way my maiden name was white); have you contacted the American's with Disabilities Group? Also, They are giving you a fit anyway, I'd contact the govenor, if your state website is like ours the govenor has an email address on the site - What have you got to lose? Election time is coming up and a devoted state employee who is being treated like dirt is not a good thing. Also, apply for services through the vocational rehabilitation office in your area, we also serve working people who are trying to keep their jobs and are having difficulty because of illness, etc. They sometimes know helpful things to keep employers in line. Go to the state internet and pull off a personnel manual outlining all the leave & attendance issues and resolutions. Find out who the senator, congressman, etc in your area is and write them. I know you don't feel like it , but fight./////Connie PS: what state are you in? (if you don't mind telling me)adrian white wrote: IM GOING THROW THE SAMETHING ON THE JOB ,FIVE DOCTORS NOTES ,FMLA AND LONG-TERM FOR 6MOS. IWORK FOR THE STATE A THEY ARE GIVING HELL ,THIS IS GREAT CHANGE IN MY LIFE 40%

OF LUNGS ARE GONE ITS HARD FOR ME .IVE BEEN ON MY JOB FOR 18 YEARS AND TO GO TO A DISMISSAL HEARING BECAUSE I WAS SICK Debbie wrote: Hi Connie, Thanks for your info . As Tracie said it will be nice to have someone with that type of knowlege in the group, it is so hard to go up against your employers these days especially when it comes up to sick time with various illnesses. I know when I started becoming ill, my employer didn't work with me well at all. When I

really got bad, I went out on sick leave thinking I would go back when I was better . (But in the meantime I found out they planned on laying me off the same week anyway). I was very lucky to leave when I did because I could collect shortterm liablility . I worked for this company devoted myself for 17 yrs. Then the issue came up for vacation time owed. The wouldn't pay me. I had to take them before the labor board because the owed me 4 weeks of vacation time. Of course all of this stress didn't help my condition at all. It also upset me because I thought these people were my friends and collegues. THat's why you should always be "in the know" or prepared as to what will happen if you have to leave your job abruptly. Connie, thanks for helping.

Guest guest

Connie, maybe you know the answer to this question. If we are on disability Social Security (not long enought for medicare) Are we allowed to work if we have good days or do we lose our benefits if we work? I can't work at my previous job but I might be able to do something less taxing for short periods of time. My doctor says don't try it. I hate this and I need the money. BarbConnie Griffis wrote: , (by the way my maiden name was white); have you contacted the American's with Disabilities Group? Also, They are giving you a fit anyway, I'd contact the govenor, if your state website is like ours the govenor has an email address on the site - What have you got to lose? Election time is coming up and a devoted state employee who is being treated like dirt is not a good

thing. Also, apply for services through the vocational rehabilitation office in your area, we also serve working people who are trying to keep their jobs and are having difficulty because of illness, etc. They sometimes know helpful things to keep employers in line. Go to the state internet and pull off a personnel manual outlining all the leave & attendance issues and resolutions. Find out who the senator, congressman, etc in your area is and write them. I know you don't feel like it , but fight./////Connie PS: what state are you in? (if you don't mind telling me)adrian white wrote: IM GOING THROW THE SAMETHING ON THE JOB ,FIVE DOCTORS NOTES ,FMLA AND LONG-TERM FOR 6MOS. IWORK FOR THE STATE A THEY ARE GIVING HELL ,THIS IS GREAT CHANGE IN MY LIFE 40% OF LUNGS ARE GONE ITS HARD FOR ME .IVE BEEN ON MY JOB FOR 18 YEARS AND TO GO TO A DISMISSAL HEARING BECAUSE I WAS SICK Debbie wrote: Hi Connie, Thanks for your info . As Tracie said it will be nice to have

someone with that type of knowlege in the group, it is so hard to go up against your employers these days especially when it comes up to sick time with various illnesses. I know when I started becoming ill, my employer didn't work with me well at all. When I really got bad, I went out on sick leave thinking I would go back when I was better . (But in the meantime I found out they planned on laying me off the same week anyway). I was very lucky to leave when I did because I could collect shortterm liablility . I worked for this company devoted myself for 17 yrs. Then the issue came up for vacation time owed. The wouldn't pay me. I had to take them before the labor board because the owed me 4 weeks of vacation time. Of course all of this stress didn't help my condition at all. It

also upset me because I thought these people were my friends and collegues. THat's why you should always be "in the know" or prepared as to what will happen if you have to leave your job abruptly. Connie, thanks for helping. DebbieConnie Griffis wrote: Becky, Employers can no longer access your sick leave records, and it is against the law

for them to ask you during an interview about your health. It is not being dishonest, I am sure you are a hard worker and there is no need to volunteer derogatory information about yourself when it does not involve how well you do your job. I work for vocational rehabilitation for the state of florida, our whole goal is to keep disabled people employed or help them find employment. We don't even let employers know we work with clients, and this is due to confidentiality for our clients. If you have problems despite everything, please contact your local vocational rehabilitation office in your state. Voc Rehab offers a miriad of help from medical to retraining and degree'd college programs, etc., etc. etc. Let me know if I can be of assistance, my personal email is conaugusta@... Best

Wishes///ConnieBecky wrote: Hi to everyone,I have had NS for 3 and a half years, it is currently in remission. My employers have been very good to me so far in that this illness is unpredictable causing time off and I have to attend various medical appointments.I have been very lucky so far, that I only had to take seven months off, whilst I was really bad, but now there has been talks of restructuring the company and possible having to re-apply for jobs or redundances. If this happens I am worried that if I don't get through, I'm not sure another employer will want to take me on with my sickness record and unpredictability with the illness.Has anyone else been in a similar situation?I would like to know other people's experiences, if they had to give up work for this

reason etc.Thanks in advance!BeckyEngland_________________________________________________________________Windows Live� Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free! http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb

Guest guest

Connie, maybe you know the answer to this question. If we are on disability Social Security (not long enought for medicare) Are we allowed to work if we have good days or do we lose our benefits if we work? I can't work at my previous job but I might be able to do something less taxing for short periods of time. My doctor says don't try it. I hate this and I need the money. BarbConnie Griffis wrote: , (by the way my maiden name was white); have you contacted the American's with Disabilities Group? Also, They are giving you a fit anyway, I'd contact the govenor, if your state website is like ours the govenor has an email address on the site - What have you got to lose? Election time is coming up and a devoted state employee who is being treated like dirt is not a good

thing. Also, apply for services through the vocational rehabilitation office in your area, we also serve working people who are trying to keep their jobs and are having difficulty because of illness, etc. They sometimes know helpful things to keep employers in line. Go to the state internet and pull off a personnel manual outlining all the leave & attendance issues and resolutions. Find out who the senator, congressman, etc in your area is and write them. I know you don't feel like it , but fight./////Connie PS: what state are you in? (if you don't mind telling me)adrian white wrote: IM GOING THROW THE SAMETHING ON THE JOB ,FIVE DOCTORS NOTES ,FMLA AND LONG-TERM FOR 6MOS. IWORK FOR THE STATE A THEY ARE GIVING HELL ,THIS IS GREAT CHANGE IN MY LIFE 40% OF LUNGS ARE GONE ITS HARD FOR ME .IVE BEEN ON MY JOB FOR 18 YEARS AND TO GO TO A DISMISSAL HEARING BECAUSE I WAS SICK Debbie wrote: Hi Connie, Thanks for your info . As Tracie said it will be nice to have

someone with that type of knowlege in the group, it is so hard to go up against your employers these days especially when it comes up to sick time with various illnesses. I know when I started becoming ill, my employer didn't work with me well at all. When I really got bad, I went out on sick leave thinking I would go back when I was better . (But in the meantime I found out they planned on laying me off the same week anyway). I was very lucky to leave when I did because I could collect shortterm liablility . I worked for this company devoted myself for 17 yrs. Then the issue came up for vacation time owed. The wouldn't pay me. I had to take them before the labor board because the owed me 4 weeks of vacation time. Of course all of this stress didn't help my condition at all. It

also upset me because I thought these people were my friends and collegues. THat's why you should always be "in the know" or prepared as to what will happen if you have to leave your job abruptly. Connie, thanks for helping. DebbieConnie Griffis wrote: Becky, Employers can no longer access your sick leave records, and it is against the law

for them to ask you during an interview about your health. It is not being dishonest, I am sure you are a hard worker and there is no need to volunteer derogatory information about yourself when it does not involve how well you do your job. I work for vocational rehabilitation for the state of florida, our whole goal is to keep disabled people employed or help them find employment. We don't even let employers know we work with clients, and this is due to confidentiality for our clients. If you have problems despite everything, please contact your local vocational rehabilitation office in your state. Voc Rehab offers a miriad of help from medical to retraining and degree'd college programs, etc., etc. etc. Let me know if I can be of assistance, my personal email is conaugusta@... Best

Wishes///ConnieBecky wrote: Hi to everyone,I have had NS for 3 and a half years, it is currently in remission. My employers have been very good to me so far in that this illness is unpredictable causing time off and I have to attend various medical appointments.I have been very lucky so far, that I only had to take seven months off, whilst I was really bad, but now there has been talks of restructuring the company and possible having to re-apply for jobs or redundances. If this happens I am worried that if I don't get through, I'm not sure another employer will want to take me on with my sickness record and unpredictability with the illness.Has anyone else been in a similar situation?I would like to know other people's experiences, if they had to give up work for this

reason etc.Thanks in advance!BeckyEngland_________________________________________________________________Windows Live� Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free! http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb

Guest guest

Guest guest

You need a Social Security Disability Attorney. One that deals with people that have a disability or illness that makes it so they can no longer work.

If your employer is suspending you, or firing you because of your absences due to illness, and you have a Short or Long term disability policy thru them-- (one that makes up your wages if your sick and out for more than 30 days)-- it's important to talk with the Human Resource Manager and get the paperwork started so that you have the ball rolling for coverage. That way, if you are fired from your job-- you would still qualify for coverage from them. (and they may have to keep you on the payroll and hold a job for you when you are better.)

You will need a note from your MD that states he is taking you off work due to illness--and a time frame that he feels you'd be off work. That way you are protected as well as possible.

Hope this helps,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

Guest guest

Barb, I know in my state (if its different in each state) that you can work up to so many hours and to a specific amount of money each month without losing your benefits. It turns out to be a parttime job actually. It would be best to call your Social Security office about this one. Debbie"barb J." wrote: Connie, maybe you know the answer to this question. If we are on disability Social Security (not long enought for medicare) Are we allowed to work if we have good days or do we lose our benefits if we work? I can't work at my previous job but I might be able to do something less taxing for short periods of time. My doctor says don't try it. I hate this and I need the money. BarbConnie Griffis

wrote: , (by the way my maiden name was white); have you contacted the American's with Disabilities Group? Also, They are giving you a fit anyway, I'd contact the govenor, if your state website is like ours the govenor has an email address on the site - What have you got to lose? Election time is coming up and a devoted state employee who is being treated like dirt is not a good thing. Also, apply for services through the vocational rehabilitation office in your area, we also serve working people who are trying to keep their jobs and are having difficulty because of illness, etc. They sometimes know helpful things to keep employers in line. Go to the state internet and pull off a personnel manual outlining all the leave & attendance issues and resolutions. Find

out who the senator, congressman, etc in your area is and write them. I know you don't feel like it , but fight./////Connie PS: what state are you in? (if you don't mind telling me)adrian white wrote: IM GOING THROW THE SAMETHING ON THE JOB ,FIVE DOCTORS NOTES ,FMLA AND LONG-TERM FOR 6MOS. IWORK FOR THE STATE A THEY ARE GIVING HELL ,THIS IS GREAT CHANGE IN MY LIFE 40% OF LUNGS ARE GONE ITS HARD FOR ME .IVE BEEN ON MY JOB FOR 18

YEARS AND TO GO TO A DISMISSAL HEARING BECAUSE I WAS SICK Debbie wrote: Hi Connie, Thanks for your info . As Tracie said it will be nice to have someone with that type of knowlege in the group, it is so hard to go up against your employers these days especially when it comes up to sick time with various illnesses. I know when I started becoming ill, my employer didn't work with me well at all. When I really got bad, I went out on sick leave

thinking I would go back when I was better . (But in the meantime I found out they planned on laying me off the same week anyway). I was very lucky to leave when I did because I could collect shortterm liablility . I worked for this company devoted myself for 17 yrs. Then the issue came up for vacation time owed. The wouldn't pay me. I had to take them before the labor board because the owed me 4 weeks of vacation time. Of course all of this stress didn't help my condition at all. It also upset me because I thought these people were my friends and collegues. THat's why you should always be "in the know" or prepared as to what will happen if you have to leave your job abruptly. Connie, thanks for helping.

rehabilitation for the state of florida, our whole goal is to keep disabled people employed or help them find employment. We don't even let employers know we work with clients, and this is due to confidentiality for our clients. If you have problems despite everything, please contact your local vocational rehabilitation office in your state. Voc Rehab offers a miriad of help from medical to retraining and degree'd college programs, etc., etc. etc. Let me know if I can be of assistance, my personal email is conaugusta@... Best Wishes///ConnieBecky wrote: Hi to everyone,I have had NS for 3 and a half years, it is currently in remission. My employers have been very good to

me so far in that this illness is unpredictable causing time off and I have to attend various medical appointments.I have been very lucky so far, that I only had to take seven months off, whilst I was really bad, but now there has been talks of restructuring the company and possible having to re-apply for jobs or redundances. If this happens I am worried that if I don't get through, I'm not sure another employer will want to take me on with my sickness record and unpredictability with the illness.Has anyone else been in a similar situation?I would like to know other people's experiences, if they had to give up work for this reason etc.Thanks in advance!BeckyEngland_________________________________________________________________Windows Live� Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!

Guest guest

Barb, you can also go to the website (I'll look up the address). They gave me a nifty little brochure that explained the work program. You can probably download it from the website. The address is:

www.socialsecurity.gov

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: Neurosarcoidosis and workingDate: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 04:19:32 -0700 (PDT)

Barb, I know in my state (if its different in each state) that you can work up to so many hours and to a specific amount of money each month without losing your benefits. It turns out to be a parttime job actually. It would be best to call your Social Security office about this one. Debbie"barb J." wrote:

Connie, maybe you know the answer to this question. If we are on disability Social Security (not long enought for medicare) Are we allowed to work if we have good days or do we lose our benefits if we work? I can't work at my previous job but I might be able to do something less taxing for short periods of time. My doctor says don't try it. I hate this and I need the money.

BarbConnie Griffis wrote:

, (by the way my maiden name was white); have you contacted the American's with Disabilities Group? Also, They are giving you a fit anyway, I'd contact the govenor, if your state website is like ours the govenor has an email address on the site - What have you got to lose? Election time is coming up and a devoted state employee who is being treated like dirt is not a good thing. Also, apply for services through the vocational rehabilitation office in your area, we also serve working people who are trying to keep their jobs and are having difficulty because of illness, etc. They sometimes know helpful things to keep employers in line. Go to the state internet and pull off a personnel manual outlining all the leave & attendance issues and resolutions. Find out who the senator, congressman, etc in your area is and write them. I know you don't feel like it , but fight./////Connie

PS: what state are you in? (if you don't mind telling me)adrian white wrote:

IM GOING THROW THE SAMETHING ON THE JOB ,FIVE DOCTORS NOTES ,FMLA AND LONG-TERM FOR 6MOS. IWORK FOR THE STATE A THEY ARE GIVING HELL ,THIS IS GREAT CHANGE IN MY LIFE 40% OF LUNGS ARE GONE ITS HARD FOR ME .IVE BEEN ON MY JOB FOR 18 YEARS AND TO GO TO A DISMISSAL HEARING BECAUSE I WAS SICK

Debbie wrote:

Hi Connie, Thanks for your info . As Tracie said it will be nice to have someone with that type of knowlege in the group, it is so hard to go up against your employers these days especially when it comes up to sick time with various illnesses. I know when I started becoming ill, my employer didn't work with me well at all. When I really got bad, I went out on sick leave thinking I would go back when I was better . (But in the meantime I found out they planned on laying me off the same week anyway). I was very lucky to leave when I did because I could collect shortterm liablility . I worked for this company devoted myself for 17 yrs. Then the issue came up for vacation time owed. The wouldn't pay me. I had to take them before the labor board because the owed me 4 weeks of vacation time. Of course all of this stress didn't help my condition at all. It also upset me because I thought these people were my friends and collegues. THat's why you should always be "in the know" or prepared as to what will happen if you have to leave your job abruptly. Connie, thanks for helping. DebbieConnie Griffis wrote:

Becky,

Employers can no longer access your sick leave records, and it is against the law for them to ask you during an interview about your health. It is not being dishonest, I am sure you are a hard worker and there is no need to volunteer derogatory information about yourself when it does not involve how well you do your job.

I work for vocational rehabilitation for the state of florida, our whole goal is to keep disabled people employed or help them find employment. We don't even let employers know we work with clients, and this is due to confidentiality for our clients.

If you have problems despite everything, please contact your local vocational rehabilitation office in your state. Voc Rehab offers a miriad of help from medical to retraining and degree'd college programs, etc., etc. etc.

Let me know if I can be of assistance, my personal email is conaugusta@...

Best Wishes///ConnieBecky wrote:

Hi to everyone,I have had NS for 3 and a half years, it is currently in remission. My employers have been very good to me so far in that this illness is unpredictable causing time off and I have to attend various medical appointments.I have been very lucky so far, that I only had to take seven months off, whilst I was really bad, but now there has been talks of restructuring the company and possible having to re-apply for jobs or redundances. If this happens I am worried that if I don't get through, I'm not sure another employer will want to take me on with my sickness record and unpredictability with the illness.Has anyone else been in a similar situation?I would like to know other people's experiences, if they had to give up work for this reason etc.Thanks in advance!BeckyEngland_________________________________________________________________Windows Live� Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free! http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb

Guest guest

Barb, you can also go to the website (I'll look up the address). They gave me a nifty little brochure that explained the work program. You can probably download it from the website. The address is:

www.socialsecurity.gov

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: Neurosarcoidosis and workingDate: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 04:19:32 -0700 (PDT)

Barb, I know in my state (if its different in each state) that you can work up to so many hours and to a specific amount of money each month without losing your benefits. It turns out to be a parttime job actually. It would be best to call your Social Security office about this one. Debbie"barb J." wrote:

Connie, maybe you know the answer to this question. If we are on disability Social Security (not long enought for medicare) Are we allowed to work if we have good days or do we lose our benefits if we work? I can't work at my previous job but I might be able to do something less taxing for short periods of time. My doctor says don't try it. I hate this and I need the money.

BarbConnie Griffis wrote:

, (by the way my maiden name was white); have you contacted the American's with Disabilities Group? Also, They are giving you a fit anyway, I'd contact the govenor, if your state website is like ours the govenor has an email address on the site - What have you got to lose? Election time is coming up and a devoted state employee who is being treated like dirt is not a good thing. Also, apply for services through the vocational rehabilitation office in your area, we also serve working people who are trying to keep their jobs and are having difficulty because of illness, etc. They sometimes know helpful things to keep employers in line. Go to the state internet and pull off a personnel manual outlining all the leave & attendance issues and resolutions. Find out who the senator, congressman, etc in your area is and write them. I know you don't feel like it , but fight./////Connie

PS: what state are you in? (if you don't mind telling me)adrian white wrote:

IM GOING THROW THE SAMETHING ON THE JOB ,FIVE DOCTORS NOTES ,FMLA AND LONG-TERM FOR 6MOS. IWORK FOR THE STATE A THEY ARE GIVING HELL ,THIS IS GREAT CHANGE IN MY LIFE 40% OF LUNGS ARE GONE ITS HARD FOR ME .IVE BEEN ON MY JOB FOR 18 YEARS AND TO GO TO A DISMISSAL HEARING BECAUSE I WAS SICK

Debbie wrote:

Hi Connie, Thanks for your info . As Tracie said it will be nice to have someone with that type of knowlege in the group, it is so hard to go up against your employers these days especially when it comes up to sick time with various illnesses. I know when I started becoming ill, my employer didn't work with me well at all. When I really got bad, I went out on sick leave thinking I would go back when I was better . (But in the meantime I found out they planned on laying me off the same week anyway). I was very lucky to leave when I did because I could collect shortterm liablility . I worked for this company devoted myself for 17 yrs. Then the issue came up for vacation time owed. The wouldn't pay me. I had to take them before the labor board because the owed me 4 weeks of vacation time. Of course all of this stress didn't help my condition at all. It also upset me because I thought these people were my friends and collegues. THat's why you should always be "in the know" or prepared as to what will happen if you have to leave your job abruptly. Connie, thanks for helping. DebbieConnie Griffis wrote:

Becky,

Employers can no longer access your sick leave records, and it is against the law for them to ask you during an interview about your health. It is not being dishonest, I am sure you are a hard worker and there is no need to volunteer derogatory information about yourself when it does not involve how well you do your job.

I work for vocational rehabilitation for the state of florida, our whole goal is to keep disabled people employed or help them find employment. We don't even let employers know we work with clients, and this is due to confidentiality for our clients.

If you have problems despite everything, please contact your local vocational rehabilitation office in your state. Voc Rehab offers a miriad of help from medical to retraining and degree'd college programs, etc., etc. etc.

Let me know if I can be of assistance, my personal email is conaugusta@...

Best Wishes///ConnieBecky wrote:

Hi to everyone,I have had NS for 3 and a half years, it is currently in remission. My employers have been very good to me so far in that this illness is unpredictable causing time off and I have to attend various medical appointments.I have been very lucky so far, that I only had to take seven months off, whilst I was really bad, but now there has been talks of restructuring the company and possible having to re-apply for jobs or redundances. If this happens I am worried that if I don't get through, I'm not sure another employer will want to take me on with my sickness record and unpredictability with the illness.Has anyone else been in a similar situation?I would like to know other people's experiences, if they had to give up work for this reason etc.Thanks in advance!BeckyEngland_________________________________________________________________Windows Live� Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free! http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb

Guest guest

I DID ALL THAT THEY REFUSED THE NOTES FROM THE DOCTOR .THEY NEEDED A DATE THAT I WILL RECOVER 1THATS IMPOSSBILE 2.I TURN IN FORMS FOR DISABILTY 3MOS AGO THROW MY JOB AN THE PAPER WORK IS JUST BEING FINISH BECAUSE IT WAS TURN IN LATE BY THE JOB II HAVE AN ATTY .I NO I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GO BACK TO THIS JOB I WAS IN A DISSMISSAL HEARING THEY ARE ONLY GIVING ME 12 EXTRA WEEKS TO RECOVER ARE IM FRIED tiodaat@... wrote: You need a Social Security Disability Attorney. One that deals with people that have a disability or illness that makes it so they can no longer work.If your employer is suspending you, or firing you because of your absences due to illness, and you have a Short or Long term disability policy thru them-- (one that makes up your wages if your sick and out for more than 30 days)-- it's important to talk with the Human Resource Manager and get the paperwork started so that you have the ball rolling for coverage. That way, if you are fired from your job-- you would

still qualify for coverage from them. (and they may have to keep you on the payroll and hold a job for you when you are better.) You will need a note from your MD that states he is taking you off work due to illness--and a time frame that he feels you'd be off work. That way you are protected as well as possible.Hope this helps,TracieNS Co-owner/moderator

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Guest guest

I DID ALL THAT THEY REFUSED THE NOTES FROM THE DOCTOR .THEY NEEDED A DATE THAT I WILL RECOVER 1THATS IMPOSSBILE 2.I TURN IN FORMS FOR DISABILTY 3MOS AGO THROW MY JOB AN THE PAPER WORK IS JUST BEING FINISH BECAUSE IT WAS TURN IN LATE BY THE JOB II HAVE AN ATTY .I NO I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GO BACK TO THIS JOB I WAS IN A DISSMISSAL HEARING THEY ARE ONLY GIVING ME 12 EXTRA WEEKS TO RECOVER ARE IM FRIED tiodaat@... wrote: You need a Social Security Disability Attorney. One that deals with people that have a disability or illness that makes it so they can no longer work.If your employer is suspending you, or firing you because of your absences due to illness, and you have a Short or Long term disability policy thru them-- (one that makes up your wages if your sick and out for more than 30 days)-- it's important to talk with the Human Resource Manager and get the paperwork started so that you have the ball rolling for coverage. That way, if you are fired from your job-- you would

still qualify for coverage from them. (and they may have to keep you on the payroll and hold a job for you when you are better.) You will need a note from your MD that states he is taking you off work due to illness--and a time frame that he feels you'd be off work. That way you are protected as well as possible.Hope this helps,TracieNS Co-owner/moderator

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Guest guest

Guest guest

THEY REFUSED THE NOTES FROM THE DOCTOR .

It is illegal for them to not accept his note. Labor Board and American Disability Act will protect you. It may happen retro-actively, but you've got them where the hair grows short.

THEY NEEDED A DATE THAT I WILL RECOVER

They can ask-- but can't demand it-- this isn't the flu. It's not over in 10 days--it's LIFETIME condition-- and you may not be able to go back to work.

2.I TURN IN FORMS FOR DISABILTY 3MOS AGO THROW MY JOB AN THE PAPER WORK IS JUST BEING FINISH BECAUSE IT WAS TURN IN LATE BY THE JOB

dON'T QUIT. LET THEM FIRE YOU- THEN SUE THEM FOR DISCRIMINATION. YOUR ATTORNEY SHOULD BE ON TOP OF THIS FOR YOU, ON YOUR BEHALF. MAKE SURE YOU LET THE ATTORNEY KNOW WHAT THEY SAY TO YOU, WHAT LETTERS THEY'VE GIVEN YOU, AND ALL ABOUT THE TERMINATION HEARING.

IT MAY TAKE A YEAR OR MORE TO GET IT ALL SORTED OUT, AND IF YOU DON'T GIVE UP THE FIGHT-- THEY WILL LOSE, SO MAKE SURE YOU GET EVERYTHING DONE IN THE TIME FRAMES AS REQUIRED. LET THEM SCREW UP.

II HAVE AN ATTY .I NO I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GO BACK TO THIS JOB

AS MUCH AS WE ALL HATE TO LOSE OUR JOBS, OUR CAREERS, THE PAYCHECK, THE SOCIAL LIFE-- SOMETIMES WHEN WE GET TO THIS BRIDGE-- WE HAVE TO STEP OUT IN BLIND FAITH-- AND JUST DO THE THINGS YOU CAN DO TO TAKE CARE OF YOU. YOUR ATTORNEY SHOULD BE ON TOP OF THIS-- AND IF NECESSARY, SENDING A LETTER TO YOUR HUMAN RESOURCES PERSON-- AND LETTING THEM KNOW THAT THEY CAN'T HARRASS YOU IN THIS WAY.

yOUR MD SAYS YOU NEED TO BE OFF WORK, AND SO THEY HAVE TO GIVE YOU THE LEAVE OF ABSENSE. YOUR STATE SHOULD HAVE A DISABILITY PROGRAM THAT COVERS YOU THE FIRST 6 MONTHS TO A YEAR.

IF YOU'RE STILL OFF WORK AFTER 6 MONTHS- THEN YOU START FILING FOR SSDI. PLAN ON THAT TAKING THE NEXT 6 MOS TO 2 YRS.

IF YOU CAN'T RETURN TO WORK AT ALL-- THEN YOUR EMPLOYER DOESN'T HAVE TO HOLD THE JOB-- BUT IF YOU GET BETTER-- YOU CAN ALWAYS REQUEST TO BE RETRAINED IN SOME OTHER EMPLOYMENT.

I WAS IN A DISSMISSAL HEARING THEY ARE ONLY GIVING ME 12 EXTRA WEEKS TO RECOVER ARE IM FRIED

ASSHOLES. IT WOULD BE SO WONDERFUL IF WE COULD SAY- YEP, I'LL BE ALL BETTER IN YOUR 12 WEEKS. NO PROBLEM. FOR AN EMPLOYER TO DO THIS-- IS HARRASSMENT. TRUE, THEY DON'T HAVE TO HOLD THE JOB FOREVER-- BUT THEY DO NEED TO WORK WITH YOU, AND ACCOMODATE YOU AS YOUR DISABILITY REQUIRES. (SPECIAL CHAIRS, MONITORS, KEYBOARDS, VOICE SYSTEM IF YOU CAN'T TYPE, ETC.)

AGAIN, YOUR ATTORNEY SHOULD BE HANDLING ALL THIS-- AND EVEN IF IT TAKES MORE TIME THAN THE 12 WEEKS-- JUST MEET THOSE DEADLINES, GO TO WHATEVER APPTS ARE SET UP FOR YOU, AND KEEP THE ATTORNEY ADVISED OF ANY CORRESPONDENCE YOU HAVE-- SO THAT HE CAN DO WHAT HE DOES.

YOU'RE SICK, YOU MAY NOT GET TO GO BACK TO WORK--BUT YOU DO HAVE MEDICAID OR YOUR PRIVATE INSURANCE FOR NOW. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY INSURANCE, APPLY FOR MEDICAID. (THIS IS THE STATE'S MEDICAL INSURANCE-WELFARE).

ONCE YOU GET THE BALL ROLLING, IF YOU HAVE 40 QUARTERS OF WORK (10 YRS) AND PAID INTO SOCIAL SECURITY-- THE YOU MAY QUALIFY FOR SSDI. AT 2 YRS BEING OUT OF WORK, YOU WOULD THEN GET MEDICARE (THE FEDERAL COVERAGE) AND DEPENDING ON FINANCES, YOU MAY QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID AS SECONDARY INSURANCE.

I CAN'T STRESS IT ENOUGH. MAKE SURE YOUR ATTORNEY IS WORKING FOR YOU. HE SHOULD BE GETTING YOU INTO MD'S THAT CAN DIAGNOSIS YOUR CONDITION, AND MAKING SURE YOUR EMPLOYER KNOWS THAT YOU ARE UNDER MEDICAL CARE AND WILL BE OUT FOR XX AMOUNT OF TIME. IF THAT NEEDS TO BE EXTENDED, THEN THE MD WRITES AN ADDITIONAL TIME OFF NOTE, AND IT GETS EXTENDED.

YOUR EMPLOYER HOPES THAT YOU'LL GET FED UP AND QUIT THE FIGHT. THEY'RE BETTING ON IT. DON'T LET THEM WIN.

SINCERELY,

TRACIE

NS CO-OWNER/MODERATOR

Guest guest

It is illegal for them to not accept his note. Labor Board and American Disability Act will protect you. It may happen retro-actively, but you've got them where the hair grows short.

They can ask-- but can't demand it-- this isn't the flu. It's not over in 10 days--it's LIFETIME condition-- and you may not be able to go back to work.

2.I TURN IN FORMS FOR DISABILTY 3MOS AGO THROW MY JOB AN THE PAPER WORK IS JUST BEING FINISH BECAUSE IT WAS TURN IN LATE BY THE JOB

dON'T QUIT. LET THEM FIRE YOU- THEN SUE THEM FOR DISCRIMINATION. YOUR ATTORNEY SHOULD BE ON TOP OF THIS FOR YOU, ON YOUR BEHALF. MAKE SURE YOU LET THE ATTORNEY KNOW WHAT THEY SAY TO YOU, WHAT LETTERS THEY'VE GIVEN YOU, AND ALL ABOUT THE TERMINATION HEARING.

IT MAY TAKE A YEAR OR MORE TO GET IT ALL SORTED OUT, AND IF YOU DON'T GIVE UP THE FIGHT-- THEY WILL LOSE, SO MAKE SURE YOU GET EVERYTHING DONE IN THE TIME FRAMES AS REQUIRED. LET THEM SCREW UP.

AS MUCH AS WE ALL HATE TO LOSE OUR JOBS, OUR CAREERS, THE PAYCHECK, THE SOCIAL LIFE-- SOMETIMES WHEN WE GET TO THIS BRIDGE-- WE HAVE TO STEP OUT IN BLIND FAITH-- AND JUST DO THE THINGS YOU CAN DO TO TAKE CARE OF YOU. YOUR ATTORNEY SHOULD BE ON TOP OF THIS-- AND IF NECESSARY, SENDING A LETTER TO YOUR HUMAN RESOURCES PERSON-- AND LETTING THEM KNOW THAT THEY CAN'T HARRASS YOU IN THIS WAY.

yOUR MD SAYS YOU NEED TO BE OFF WORK, AND SO THEY HAVE TO GIVE YOU THE LEAVE OF ABSENSE. YOUR STATE SHOULD HAVE A DISABILITY PROGRAM THAT COVERS YOU THE FIRST 6 MONTHS TO A YEAR.

IF YOU'RE STILL OFF WORK AFTER 6 MONTHS- THEN YOU START FILING FOR SSDI. PLAN ON THAT TAKING THE NEXT 6 MOS TO 2 YRS.

IF YOU CAN'T RETURN TO WORK AT ALL-- THEN YOUR EMPLOYER DOESN'T HAVE TO HOLD THE JOB-- BUT IF YOU GET BETTER-- YOU CAN ALWAYS REQUEST TO BE RETRAINED IN SOME OTHER EMPLOYMENT.

I WAS IN A DISSMISSAL HEARING THEY ARE ONLY GIVING ME 12 EXTRA WEEKS TO RECOVER ARE IM FRIED

ASSHOLES. IT WOULD BE SO WONDERFUL IF WE COULD SAY- YEP, I'LL BE ALL BETTER IN YOUR 12 WEEKS. NO PROBLEM. FOR AN EMPLOYER TO DO THIS-- IS HARRASSMENT. TRUE, THEY DON'T HAVE TO HOLD THE JOB FOREVER-- BUT THEY DO NEED TO WORK WITH YOU, AND ACCOMODATE YOU AS YOUR DISABILITY REQUIRES. (SPECIAL CHAIRS, MONITORS, KEYBOARDS, VOICE SYSTEM IF YOU CAN'T TYPE, ETC.)

AGAIN, YOUR ATTORNEY SHOULD BE HANDLING ALL THIS-- AND EVEN IF IT TAKES MORE TIME THAN THE 12 WEEKS-- JUST MEET THOSE DEADLINES, GO TO WHATEVER APPTS ARE SET UP FOR YOU, AND KEEP THE ATTORNEY ADVISED OF ANY CORRESPONDENCE YOU HAVE-- SO THAT HE CAN DO WHAT HE DOES.

YOU'RE SICK, YOU MAY NOT GET TO GO BACK TO WORK--BUT YOU DO HAVE MEDICAID OR YOUR PRIVATE INSURANCE FOR NOW. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY INSURANCE, APPLY FOR MEDICAID. (THIS IS THE STATE'S MEDICAL INSURANCE-WELFARE).

ONCE YOU GET THE BALL ROLLING, IF YOU HAVE 40 QUARTERS OF WORK (10 YRS) AND PAID INTO SOCIAL SECURITY-- THE YOU MAY QUALIFY FOR SSDI. AT 2 YRS BEING OUT OF WORK, YOU WOULD THEN GET MEDICARE (THE FEDERAL COVERAGE) AND DEPENDING ON FINANCES, YOU MAY QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID AS SECONDARY INSURANCE.

I CAN'T STRESS IT ENOUGH. MAKE SURE YOUR ATTORNEY IS WORKING FOR YOU. HE SHOULD BE GETTING YOU INTO MD'S THAT CAN DIAGNOSIS YOUR CONDITION, AND MAKING SURE YOUR EMPLOYER KNOWS THAT YOU ARE UNDER MEDICAL CARE AND WILL BE OUT FOR XX AMOUNT OF TIME. IF THAT NEEDS TO BE EXTENDED, THEN THE MD WRITES AN ADDITIONAL TIME OFF NOTE, AND IT GETS EXTENDED.

YOUR EMPLOYER HOPES THAT YOU'LL GET FED UP AND QUIT THE FIGHT. THEY'RE BETTING ON IT. DON'T LET THEM WIN.

SINCERELY,

TRACIE

NS CO-OWNER/MODERATOR

Guest guest

SINCERELY,

TRACIE

NS CO-OWNER/MODERATOR

Guest guest

Yes you can. What you do is contact your representative at the social security office and ask about the "Ticket to Work". They will tell you how much you can make without affecting your benefits, they actually encourage their client to participate in this program. Alot of our clients are involved in Ticket to Work, and I haven't heard anyone complain about it. Sorry I can't give you the exact money figures, but that is something we are not involved in and social security will give you an answer you can take to the bank. To help with finding something that will fit your health problems, you might want to apply for vocational rehab. Social Security refers clients to us all the time. Like I told there are no charges for our services, you have already paid for our services everytime you paid tax on something. We also have the ability to help people to

train for jobs they can do at home, job coaches, and job support. Hope this helps////Connie"barb J." wrote: Connie, maybe you know the answer to this question. If we are on disability Social Security (not long enought for medicare) Are we allowed to work if we have good days or do we lose our benefits if we work? I can't work at my previous job but I might be able to do something less taxing for short periods of time. My doctor says don't try it. I hate this and I need the

money. BarbConnie Griffis wrote: , (by the way my maiden name was white); have you contacted the American's with Disabilities Group? Also, They are giving you a fit anyway, I'd contact the govenor, if your state website is like ours the govenor has an email address on the site - What have you got to lose? Election time is coming up and a devoted state employee who is being treated like dirt is not a good thing. Also, apply for services through the vocational rehabilitation office in your area, we also serve working people who are trying to keep their jobs and are having difficulty because of illness, etc. They sometimes know helpful things to keep employers in line. Go to the state internet and pull off a personnel manual outlining all the leave & attendance issues and resolutions.

Find out who the senator, congressman, etc in your area is and write them. I know you don't feel like it , but fight./////Connie PS: what state are you in? (if you don't mind telling me)adrian white wrote: IM GOING THROW THE SAMETHING ON THE JOB ,FIVE DOCTORS NOTES ,FMLA AND LONG-TERM FOR 6MOS. IWORK FOR THE STATE A THEY ARE GIVING HELL ,THIS IS GREAT CHANGE IN MY LIFE 40% OF LUNGS ARE GONE ITS HARD FOR ME .IVE BEEN ON MY JOB FOR 18 YEARS AND TO GO TO A DISMISSAL HEARING BECAUSE I WAS

SICK Debbie wrote: Hi Connie, Thanks for your info . As Tracie said it will be nice to have someone with that type of knowlege in the group, it is so hard to go up against your employers these days especially when it comes up to sick time with various illnesses. I know when I started becoming ill, my employer didn't work with me well at all. When I really got bad, I went out on sick leave thinking I would go back when I was better . (But in the meantime I

found out they planned on laying me off the same week anyway). I was very lucky to leave when I did because I could collect shortterm liablility . I worked for this company devoted myself for 17 yrs. Then the issue came up for vacation time owed. The wouldn't pay me. I had to take them before the labor board because the owed me 4 weeks of vacation time. Of course all of this stress didn't help my condition at all. It also upset me because I thought these people were my friends and collegues. THat's why you should always be "in the know" or prepared as to what will happen if you have to leave your job abruptly. Connie, thanks for helping.

Guest guest

Yes you can. What you do is contact your representative at the social security office and ask about the "Ticket to Work". They will tell you how much you can make without affecting your benefits, they actually encourage their client to participate in this program. Alot of our clients are involved in Ticket to Work, and I haven't heard anyone complain about it. Sorry I can't give you the exact money figures, but that is something we are not involved in and social security will give you an answer you can take to the bank. To help with finding something that will fit your health problems, you might want to apply for vocational rehab. Social Security refers clients to us all the time. Like I told there are no charges for our services, you have already paid for our services everytime you paid tax on something. We also have the ability to help people to

train for jobs they can do at home, job coaches, and job support. Hope this helps////Connie"barb J." wrote: Connie, maybe you know the answer to this question. If we are on disability Social Security (not long enought for medicare) Are we allowed to work if we have good days or do we lose our benefits if we work? I can't work at my previous job but I might be able to do something less taxing for short periods of time. My doctor says don't try it. I hate this and I need the

money. BarbConnie Griffis wrote: , (by the way my maiden name was white); have you contacted the American's with Disabilities Group? Also, They are giving you a fit anyway, I'd contact the govenor, if your state website is like ours the govenor has an email address on the site - What have you got to lose? Election time is coming up and a devoted state employee who is being treated like dirt is not a good thing. Also, apply for services through the vocational rehabilitation office in your area, we also serve working people who are trying to keep their jobs and are having difficulty because of illness, etc. They sometimes know helpful things to keep employers in line. Go to the state internet and pull off a personnel manual outlining all the leave & attendance issues and resolutions.

Find out who the senator, congressman, etc in your area is and write them. I know you don't feel like it , but fight./////Connie PS: what state are you in? (if you don't mind telling me)adrian white wrote: IM GOING THROW THE SAMETHING ON THE JOB ,FIVE DOCTORS NOTES ,FMLA AND LONG-TERM FOR 6MOS. IWORK FOR THE STATE A THEY ARE GIVING HELL ,THIS IS GREAT CHANGE IN MY LIFE 40% OF LUNGS ARE GONE ITS HARD FOR ME .IVE BEEN ON MY JOB FOR 18 YEARS AND TO GO TO A DISMISSAL HEARING BECAUSE I WAS

SICK Debbie wrote: Hi Connie, Thanks for your info . As Tracie said it will be nice to have someone with that type of knowlege in the group, it is so hard to go up against your employers these days especially when it comes up to sick time with various illnesses. I know when I started becoming ill, my employer didn't work with me well at all. When I really got bad, I went out on sick leave thinking I would go back when I was better . (But in the meantime I

found out they planned on laying me off the same week anyway). I was very lucky to leave when I did because I could collect shortterm liablility . I worked for this company devoted myself for 17 yrs. Then the issue came up for vacation time owed. The wouldn't pay me. I had to take them before the labor board because the owed me 4 weeks of vacation time. Of course all of this stress didn't help my condition at all. It also upset me because I thought these people were my friends and collegues. THat's why you should always be "in the know" or prepared as to what will happen if you have to leave your job abruptly. Connie, thanks for helping.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Please don't forget unemployment if those knotheads let you go. Make Them Pay!! You will have been fired by no fault of your own & according to one of the sites I sent you that makes you qualified for unemployment. See what the attorney says about this..Connietiodaat@... wrote: THEY REFUSED THE NOTES FROM THE DOCTOR .It is illegal for them to not accept his note. Labor Board and American Disability Act will protect you. It may happen retro-actively, but you've got them where the hair grows short. THEY NEEDED A DATE THAT I WILL RECOVER They can ask-- but can't demand it-- this isn't the flu. It's not over in 10 days--it's LIFETIME condition-- and you may not be able to go back to work. 2.I TURN IN FORMS FOR DISABILTY 3MOS AGO THROW MY JOB AN THE PAPER WORK IS JUST BEING FINISH BECAUSE IT WAS TURN IN LATE BY THE JOB dON'T QUIT. LET THEM FIRE YOU- THEN SUE THEM FOR DISCRIMINATION. YOUR ATTORNEY SHOULD BE ON TOP OF THIS FOR YOU, ON YOUR BEHALF. MAKE SURE YOU LET THE ATTORNEY KNOW WHAT THEY SAY TO YOU, WHAT LETTERS THEY'VE GIVEN YOU, AND ALL ABOUT THE TERMINATION HEARING. IT MAY TAKE A YEAR OR MORE TO GET IT ALL SORTED OUT, AND IF YOU DON'T GIVE UP THE FIGHT-- THEY WILL LOSE, SO MAKE SURE YOU GET EVERYTHING DONE IN THE TIME FRAMES AS REQUIRED. LET THEM SCREW UP.II HAVE AN ATTY .I NO I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GO BACK TO THIS JOB AS MUCH AS WE ALL HATE TO LOSE OUR JOBS, OUR CAREERS, THE PAYCHECK, THE SOCIAL LIFE-- SOMETIMES WHEN WE GET TO THIS BRIDGE-- WE HAVE TO STEP OUT IN BLIND FAITH-- AND JUST DO THE THINGS YOU CAN DO TO TAKE CARE OF YOU. YOUR ATTORNEY SHOULD BE ON TOP OF THIS-- AND IF NECESSARY, SENDING A LETTER TO YOUR HUMAN RESOURCES PERSON-- AND LETTING THEM KNOW THAT THEY CAN'T HARRASS YOU IN THIS WAY. yOUR MD SAYS YOU NEED TO BE OFF WORK, AND SO THEY HAVE TO GIVE YOU THE LEAVE OF ABSENSE. YOUR STATE SHOULD HAVE A DISABILITY PROGRAM THAT COVERS YOU THE FIRST 6 MONTHS TO A YEAR. IF YOU'RE STILL OFF WORK AFTER 6 MONTHS- THEN YOU START FILING FOR SSDI. PLAN ON THAT TAKING THE NEXT 6 MOS TO 2 YRS. IF YOU CAN'T RETURN TO WORK AT ALL-- THEN YOUR EMPLOYER DOESN'T HAVE TO HOLD THE JOB-- BUT IF YOU

GET BETTER-- YOU CAN ALWAYS REQUEST TO BE RETRAINED IN SOME OTHER EMPLOYMENT. I WAS IN A DISSMISSAL HEARING THEY ARE ONLY GIVING ME 12 EXTRA WEEKS TO RECOVER ARE IM FRIED ASSHOLES. IT WOULD BE SO WONDERFUL IF WE COULD SAY- YEP, I'LL BE ALL BETTER IN YOUR 12 WEEKS. NO PROBLEM. FOR AN EMPLOYER TO DO THIS-- IS HARRASSMENT. TRUE, THEY DON'T HAVE TO HOLD THE JOB FOREVER-- BUT THEY DO NEED TO WORK WITH YOU, AND ACCOMODATE YOU AS YOUR DISABILITY

REQUIRES. (SPECIAL CHAIRS, MONITORS, KEYBOARDS, VOICE SYSTEM IF YOU CAN'T TYPE, ETC.)AGAIN, YOUR ATTORNEY SHOULD BE HANDLING ALL THIS-- AND EVEN IF IT TAKES MORE TIME THAN THE 12 WEEKS-- JUST MEET THOSE DEADLINES, GO TO WHATEVER APPTS ARE SET UP FOR YOU, AND KEEP THE ATTORNEY ADVISED OF ANY CORRESPONDENCE YOU HAVE-- SO THAT HE CAN DO WHAT HE DOES. YOU'RE SICK, YOU MAY NOT GET TO GO BACK TO WORK--BUT YOU DO HAVE MEDICAID OR YOUR PRIVATE INSURANCE FOR NOW. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY INSURANCE, APPLY FOR MEDICAID. (THIS IS THE STATE'S MEDICAL INSURANCE-WELFARE).ONCE YOU GET THE BALL ROLLING, IF YOU HAVE 40 QUARTERS OF WORK (10 YRS) AND PAID INTO SOCIAL SECURITY-- THE YOU MAY QUALIFY FOR SSDI. AT 2 YRS BEING OUT OF WORK, YOU WOULD THEN GET MEDICARE (THE FEDERAL COVERAGE) AND DEPENDING ON FINANCES, YOU MAY QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID AS SECONDARY INSURANCE. I CAN'T STRESS IT ENOUGH. MAKE SURE YOUR ATTORNEY IS

WORKING FOR YOU. HE SHOULD BE GETTING YOU INTO MD'S THAT CAN DIAGNOSIS YOUR CONDITION, AND MAKING SURE YOUR EMPLOYER KNOWS THAT YOU ARE UNDER MEDICAL CARE AND WILL BE OUT FOR XX AMOUNT OF TIME. IF THAT NEEDS TO BE EXTENDED, THEN THE MD WRITES AN ADDITIONAL TIME OFF NOTE, AND IT GETS EXTENDED. YOUR EMPLOYER HOPES THAT YOU'LL GET FED UP AND QUIT THE FIGHT. THEY'RE BETTING ON IT. DON'T LET THEM WIN.SINCERELY,TRACIENS CO-OWNER/MODERATOR

Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs.

Try it free.

Guest guest

Please don't forget unemployment if those knotheads let you go. Make Them Pay!! You will have been fired by no fault of your own & according to one of the sites I sent you that makes you qualified for unemployment. See what the attorney says about this..Connietiodaat@... wrote: THEY REFUSED THE NOTES FROM THE DOCTOR .It is illegal for them to not accept his note. Labor Board and American Disability Act will protect you. It may happen retro-actively, but you've got them where the hair grows short. THEY NEEDED A DATE THAT I WILL RECOVER They can ask-- but can't demand it-- this isn't the flu. It's not over in 10 days--it's LIFETIME condition-- and you may not be able to go back to work. 2.I TURN IN FORMS FOR DISABILTY 3MOS AGO THROW MY JOB AN THE PAPER WORK IS JUST BEING FINISH BECAUSE IT WAS TURN IN LATE BY THE JOB dON'T QUIT. LET THEM FIRE YOU- THEN SUE THEM FOR DISCRIMINATION. YOUR ATTORNEY SHOULD BE ON TOP OF THIS FOR YOU, ON YOUR BEHALF. MAKE SURE YOU LET THE ATTORNEY KNOW WHAT THEY SAY TO YOU, WHAT LETTERS THEY'VE GIVEN YOU, AND ALL ABOUT THE TERMINATION HEARING. IT MAY TAKE A YEAR OR MORE TO GET IT ALL SORTED OUT, AND IF YOU DON'T GIVE UP THE FIGHT-- THEY WILL LOSE, SO MAKE SURE YOU GET EVERYTHING DONE IN THE TIME FRAMES AS REQUIRED. LET THEM SCREW UP.II HAVE AN ATTY .I NO I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GO BACK TO THIS JOB AS MUCH AS WE ALL HATE TO LOSE OUR JOBS, OUR CAREERS, THE PAYCHECK, THE SOCIAL LIFE-- SOMETIMES WHEN WE GET TO THIS BRIDGE-- WE HAVE TO STEP OUT IN BLIND FAITH-- AND JUST DO THE THINGS YOU CAN DO TO TAKE CARE OF YOU. YOUR ATTORNEY SHOULD BE ON TOP OF THIS-- AND IF NECESSARY, SENDING A LETTER TO YOUR HUMAN RESOURCES PERSON-- AND LETTING THEM KNOW THAT THEY CAN'T HARRASS YOU IN THIS WAY. yOUR MD SAYS YOU NEED TO BE OFF WORK, AND SO THEY HAVE TO GIVE YOU THE LEAVE OF ABSENSE. YOUR STATE SHOULD HAVE A DISABILITY PROGRAM THAT COVERS YOU THE FIRST 6 MONTHS TO A YEAR. IF YOU'RE STILL OFF WORK AFTER 6 MONTHS- THEN YOU START FILING FOR SSDI. PLAN ON THAT TAKING THE NEXT 6 MOS TO 2 YRS. IF YOU CAN'T RETURN TO WORK AT ALL-- THEN YOUR EMPLOYER DOESN'T HAVE TO HOLD THE JOB-- BUT IF YOU

GET BETTER-- YOU CAN ALWAYS REQUEST TO BE RETRAINED IN SOME OTHER EMPLOYMENT. I WAS IN A DISSMISSAL HEARING THEY ARE ONLY GIVING ME 12 EXTRA WEEKS TO RECOVER ARE IM FRIED ASSHOLES. IT WOULD BE SO WONDERFUL IF WE COULD SAY- YEP, I'LL BE ALL BETTER IN YOUR 12 WEEKS. NO PROBLEM. FOR AN EMPLOYER TO DO THIS-- IS HARRASSMENT. TRUE, THEY DON'T HAVE TO HOLD THE JOB FOREVER-- BUT THEY DO NEED TO WORK WITH YOU, AND ACCOMODATE YOU AS YOUR DISABILITY

REQUIRES. (SPECIAL CHAIRS, MONITORS, KEYBOARDS, VOICE SYSTEM IF YOU CAN'T TYPE, ETC.)AGAIN, YOUR ATTORNEY SHOULD BE HANDLING ALL THIS-- AND EVEN IF IT TAKES MORE TIME THAN THE 12 WEEKS-- JUST MEET THOSE DEADLINES, GO TO WHATEVER APPTS ARE SET UP FOR YOU, AND KEEP THE ATTORNEY ADVISED OF ANY CORRESPONDENCE YOU HAVE-- SO THAT HE CAN DO WHAT HE DOES. YOU'RE SICK, YOU MAY NOT GET TO GO BACK TO WORK--BUT YOU DO HAVE MEDICAID OR YOUR PRIVATE INSURANCE FOR NOW. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY INSURANCE, APPLY FOR MEDICAID. (THIS IS THE STATE'S MEDICAL INSURANCE-WELFARE).ONCE YOU GET THE BALL ROLLING, IF YOU HAVE 40 QUARTERS OF WORK (10 YRS) AND PAID INTO SOCIAL SECURITY-- THE YOU MAY QUALIFY FOR SSDI. AT 2 YRS BEING OUT OF WORK, YOU WOULD THEN GET MEDICARE (THE FEDERAL COVERAGE) AND DEPENDING ON FINANCES, YOU MAY QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID AS SECONDARY INSURANCE. I CAN'T STRESS IT ENOUGH. MAKE SURE YOUR ATTORNEY IS

WORKING FOR YOU. HE SHOULD BE GETTING YOU INTO MD'S THAT CAN DIAGNOSIS YOUR CONDITION, AND MAKING SURE YOUR EMPLOYER KNOWS THAT YOU ARE UNDER MEDICAL CARE AND WILL BE OUT FOR XX AMOUNT OF TIME. IF THAT NEEDS TO BE EXTENDED, THEN THE MD WRITES AN ADDITIONAL TIME OFF NOTE, AND IT GETS EXTENDED. YOUR EMPLOYER HOPES THAT YOU'LL GET FED UP AND QUIT THE FIGHT. THEY'RE BETTING ON IT. DON'T LET THEM WIN.SINCERELY,TRACIENS CO-OWNER/MODERATOR

Try it free.

Guest guest

Try it free.