RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Neurosarcoidosis and working

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Becky,

Many of us have been unable to keep our jobs and careers because of this disease. The absenses, time away for appts, etc has been a huge part of the reason. The other part is that many of us have short-term memory loss, problem solving skill loss, the fatigue and pain issues become too much to handle when we were working.

It does become a problem when looking for new jobs-- and it's best not to say anything to a future employer-- unless you decide to use the "disabled" worker process. Many employers (at least in the US) like to hire disabled, as it generally gives them a tax break. However, you are expected to work at the same rate and put in your full days if that's what the job requires. Sometimes they will accept that you can't do overtime-- but that's always a way for the employer to tell you that you don't qualify for that new job.

One thing I am aware of is that if you have health insurance in the US-- then change jobs, you can "Cobra" your health care (with about 300% increase in the premium) for up to 18 months while you qualify for the insurance with the new employer.

Make sure that you go to work with someone that has guaranteed insurance without medical waivers-- as that can really screw you up.

Our ARCHIVES and LINKS have alot of posts and articles on this issue. Just scroll down this email, and at the bottom, you'll see several LINKS to this portion of the group site.

We do have almost 400 members (in fact I think we made it today!) so there is a wealth of information, and all of us are on this same journey. Feel free to ask questions, and we'll try to get back to you quickly. We are all sick with this disease- so sometimes it takes a day or so.

Welcome to the group!

Sincerely,

Tracie

NS co0owner/moderator

Guest guest

Hi Becky,

Many of us have been unable to keep our jobs and careers because of this disease. The absenses, time away for appts, etc has been a huge part of the reason. The other part is that many of us have short-term memory loss, problem solving skill loss, the fatigue and pain issues become too much to handle when we were working.

It does become a problem when looking for new jobs-- and it's best not to say anything to a future employer-- unless you decide to use the "disabled" worker process. Many employers (at least in the US) like to hire disabled, as it generally gives them a tax break. However, you are expected to work at the same rate and put in your full days if that's what the job requires. Sometimes they will accept that you can't do overtime-- but that's always a way for the employer to tell you that you don't qualify for that new job.

One thing I am aware of is that if you have health insurance in the US-- then change jobs, you can "Cobra" your health care (with about 300% increase in the premium) for up to 18 months while you qualify for the insurance with the new employer.

Make sure that you go to work with someone that has guaranteed insurance without medical waivers-- as that can really screw you up.

Our ARCHIVES and LINKS have alot of posts and articles on this issue. Just scroll down this email, and at the bottom, you'll see several LINKS to this portion of the group site.

We do have almost 400 members (in fact I think we made it today!) so there is a wealth of information, and all of us are on this same journey. Feel free to ask questions, and we'll try to get back to you quickly. We are all sick with this disease- so sometimes it takes a day or so.

Welcome to the group!

Sincerely,

Tracie

NS co0owner/moderator

Guest guest

Hi Becky,

Welcome to the group!

Sincerely,

Tracie

NS co0owner/moderator

Guest guest

Hi Tracie,

Thank you for this information, this will be really good to keep, should the

changes take place. I'm not new to the group though, I've been a member for

probably a year now, I read all the posts, but very rarely post myself.

Thanks again!

Becky

England

>From: tiodaat@...

>Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis

>To: Neurosarcoidosis

>Subject: Re: Neurosarcoidosis and working

>Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 18:27:30 EDT

>

>Hi Becky,

>

>Many of us have been unable to keep our jobs and careers because of this

>disease. The absenses, time away for appts, etc has been a huge part of

>the

>reason. The other part is that many of us have short-term memory loss,

>problem

>solving skill loss, the fatigue and pain issues become too much to handle

>when we

>were working.

>It does become a problem when looking for new jobs-- and it's best not to

>say

>anything to a future employer-- unless you decide to use the " disabled "

>worker process. Many employers (at least in the US) like to hire disabled,

>as it

>generally gives them a tax break. However, you are expected to work at the

>same rate and put in your full days if that's what the job requires.

>Sometimes

>they will accept that you can't do overtime-- but that's always a way for

>the

>employer to tell you that you don't qualify for that new job.

>One thing I am aware of is that if you have health insurance in the US--

>then change jobs, you can " Cobra " your health care (with about 300%

>increase in

>the premium) for up to 18 months while you qualify for the insurance with

>the

>new employer.

>Make sure that you go to work with someone that has guaranteed insurance

>without medical waivers-- as that can really screw you up.

>

>Our ARCHIVES and LINKS have alot of posts and articles on this issue. Just

>scroll down this email, and at the bottom, you'll see several LINKS to this

>portion of the group site.

>

>We do have almost 400 members (in fact I think we made it today!) so there

>is

>a wealth of information, and all of us are on this same journey. Feel free

>to ask questions, and we'll try to get back to you quickly. We are all

>sick

>with this disease- so sometimes it takes a day or so.

>

>Welcome to the group!

>Sincerely,

>Tracie

>NS co0owner/moderator

Windows Liveā„¢ Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!

http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb

Guest guest

Hi Tracie,

Thanks again!

Becky

England

>

>Hi Becky,

>

>the

>problem

>when we

>were working.

>say

>as it

>Sometimes

>the

>increase in

>the

>new employer.

>

>

>is

>sick

>

>Welcome to the group!

>Sincerely,

>Tracie

>NS co0owner/moderator

Guest guest

Hi Tracie,

Thanks again!

Becky

England

>

>Hi Becky,

>

>the

>problem

>when we

>were working.

>say

>as it

>Sometimes

>the

>increase in

>the

>new employer.

>

>

>is

>sick

>

>Welcome to the group!

>Sincerely,

>Tracie

>NS co0owner/moderator

Guest guest

Becky, Employers can no longer access your sick leave records, and it is against the law for them to ask you during an interview about your health. It is not being dishonest, I am sure you are a hard worker and there is no need to volunteer derogatory information about yourself when it does not involve how well you do your job. I work for vocational rehabilitation for the state of florida, our whole goal is to keep disabled people employed or help them find employment. We don't even let employers know we work with clients, and this is due to confidentiality for our clients. If you have problems despite everything, please contact your local vocational rehabilitation office in your state. Voc Rehab offers a miriad of help from medical to retraining and degree'd college programs, etc., etc. etc. Let me know if I can be of

assistance, my personal email is conaugusta@... Best Wishes///ConnieBecky wrote: Hi to everyone,I have had NS for 3 and a half years, it is currently in remission. My employers have been very good to me so far in that this illness is unpredictable causing time off and I have to attend various medical appointments.I have been very lucky so far, that I only had to take seven months off, whilst I was really bad, but now there has been talks of restructuring the company and possible having to re-apply for jobs or redundances. If this happens I am worried that if I don't get through, I'm not sure another employer will want to take me on with my sickness record and unpredictability with the

illness.Has anyone else been in a similar situation?I would like to know other people's experiences, if they had to give up work for this reason etc.Thanks in advance!BeckyEngland_________________________________________________________________Windows Liveā„¢ Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free! http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb

Guest guest

Becky, Employers can no longer access your sick leave records, and it is against the law for them to ask you during an interview about your health. It is not being dishonest, I am sure you are a hard worker and there is no need to volunteer derogatory information about yourself when it does not involve how well you do your job. I work for vocational rehabilitation for the state of florida, our whole goal is to keep disabled people employed or help them find employment. We don't even let employers know we work with clients, and this is due to confidentiality for our clients. If you have problems despite everything, please contact your local vocational rehabilitation office in your state. Voc Rehab offers a miriad of help from medical to retraining and degree'd college programs, etc., etc. etc. Let me know if I can be of

assistance, my personal email is conaugusta@... Best Wishes///ConnieBecky wrote: Hi to everyone,I have had NS for 3 and a half years, it is currently in remission. My employers have been very good to me so far in that this illness is unpredictable causing time off and I have to attend various medical appointments.I have been very lucky so far, that I only had to take seven months off, whilst I was really bad, but now there has been talks of restructuring the company and possible having to re-apply for jobs or redundances. If this happens I am worried that if I don't get through, I'm not sure another employer will want to take me on with my sickness record and unpredictability with the

illness.Has anyone else been in a similar situation?I would like to know other people's experiences, if they had to give up work for this reason etc.Thanks in advance!BeckyEngland_________________________________________________________________Windows Liveā„¢ Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free! http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb

Guest guest

Guest guest

Tracie, I am not a big clinton fan, but during his tenure as president he passed a law that forbids excluding employees from insurance due to pre-existing conditions. It is a federal law so we are covered state to state. Private insurance can get away with it but employer insurance can't. The other thing that is good is that employer insurance usually has a 30 day grace period from the last premium payment. So you have 30 days to get new insurance in place and cobra is good for 2 yrs. (Yea the premiums will kill you, but it is worth it for us). Not being a smart aleck, my job is involved in personnel issues because of my job title. (I'm the peon that helps the new employees when I can) Hope this helps a little///Connietiodaat@... wrote: Hi Becky,Many of us have been unable to keep our jobs and careers because of this disease. The absenses, time away for appts, etc has been a huge part of the reason. The other part is that many of us have short-term memory loss, problem solving skill loss, the fatigue and pain issues become too much to handle when we were working. It does become a problem when looking for new jobs-- and it's best not to say anything to a future employer-- unless you decide to use the "disabled" worker process. Many employers (at least in the US) like

to hire disabled, as it generally gives them a tax break. However, you are expected to work at the same rate and put in your full days if that's what the job requires. Sometimes they will accept that you can't do overtime-- but that's always a way for the employer to tell you that you don't qualify for that new job.One thing I am aware of is that if you have health insurance in the US-- then change jobs, you can "Cobra" your health care (with about 300% increase in the premium) for up to 18 months while you qualify for the insurance with the new employer.Make sure that you go to work with someone that has guaranteed insurance without medical waivers-- as that can really screw you up.Our ARCHIVES and LINKS have alot of posts and articles on this issue. Just scroll down this email, and at the bottom, you'll see several LINKS to this portion of the group site.We do have almost 400 members (in fact I think we made it today!) so

there is a wealth of information, and all of us are on this same journey. Feel free to ask questions, and we'll try to get back to you quickly. We are all sick with this disease- so sometimes it takes a day or so.Welcome to the group!Sincerely,TracieNS co0owner/moderator

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1Ā¢/min.

Guest guest

Becky,

Come out more often-- that way we can get to know you! Glad you find the information helpful-- do take care.

Tracie

Guest guest

Becky,

Come out more often-- that way we can get to know you! Glad you find the information helpful-- do take care.

Tracie

Guest guest

Becky,

Tracie

Guest guest

Hi Connie, Thanks for your info . As Tracie said it will be nice to have someone with that type of knowlege in the group, it is so hard to go up against your employers these days especially when it comes up to sick time with various illnesses. I know when I started becoming ill, my employer didn't work with me well at all. When I really got bad, I went out on sick leave thinking I would go back when I was better . (But in the meantime I found out they planned on laying me off the same week anyway). I was very lucky to leave when I did because I could collect shortterm liablility . I worked for this company devoted myself for 17 yrs. Then the issue came up for vacation time owed. The wouldn't pay me. I had to take

them before the labor board because the owed me 4 weeks of vacation time. Of course all of this stress didn't help my condition at all. It also upset me because I thought these people were my friends and collegues. THat's why you should always be "in the know" or prepared as to what will happen if you have to leave your job abruptly. Connie, thanks for helping. DebbieConnie Griffis wrote: Becky, Employers can no longer access your sick leave records, and it is against the law for them to ask you during an interview about your health. It is not being dishonest, I am sure you are a hard worker and there is no need to volunteer derogatory information about yourself when it does not involve how well you do your job. I work for vocational rehabilitation for the state of florida, our whole goal is to keep disabled people employed or help them find employment. We don't even let employers know we work with clients, and this is due to confidentiality for our clients. If you have problems despite everything, please contact your local vocational rehabilitation office in your state. Voc Rehab offers a miriad of help from medical to retraining and degree'd college programs, etc., etc.

etc. Let me know if I can be of assistance, my personal email is conaugusta@... Best Wishes///ConnieBecky wrote: Hi to everyone,I have had NS for 3 and a half years, it is currently in remission. My employers have been very good to me so far in that this illness is unpredictable causing time off and I have to attend various medical appointments.I have been very lucky so far, that I only had to take seven months off, whilst I was really bad, but now there has been talks of restructuring the company and possible having to re-apply for jobs or redundances. If this happens I am worried that if I don't get through, I'm not sure another employer will

want to take me on with my sickness record and unpredictability with the illness.Has anyone else been in a similar situation?I would like to know other people's experiences, if they had to give up work for this reason etc.Thanks in advance!BeckyEngland_________________________________________________________________Windows LiveĆÆĀæĀ½ Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free! http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb

Guest guest

Hi Connie, Thanks for your info . As Tracie said it will be nice to have someone with that type of knowlege in the group, it is so hard to go up against your employers these days especially when it comes up to sick time with various illnesses. I know when I started becoming ill, my employer didn't work with me well at all. When I really got bad, I went out on sick leave thinking I would go back when I was better . (But in the meantime I found out they planned on laying me off the same week anyway). I was very lucky to leave when I did because I could collect shortterm liablility . I worked for this company devoted myself for 17 yrs. Then the issue came up for vacation time owed. The wouldn't pay me. I had to take

them before the labor board because the owed me 4 weeks of vacation time. Of course all of this stress didn't help my condition at all. It also upset me because I thought these people were my friends and collegues. THat's why you should always be "in the know" or prepared as to what will happen if you have to leave your job abruptly. Connie, thanks for helping. DebbieConnie Griffis wrote: Becky, Employers can no longer access your sick leave records, and it is against the law for them to ask you during an interview about your health. It is not being dishonest, I am sure you are a hard worker and there is no need to volunteer derogatory information about yourself when it does not involve how well you do your job. I work for vocational rehabilitation for the state of florida, our whole goal is to keep disabled people employed or help them find employment. We don't even let employers know we work with clients, and this is due to confidentiality for our clients. If you have problems despite everything, please contact your local vocational rehabilitation office in your state. Voc Rehab offers a miriad of help from medical to retraining and degree'd college programs, etc., etc.

etc. Let me know if I can be of assistance, my personal email is conaugusta@... Best Wishes///ConnieBecky wrote: Hi to everyone,I have had NS for 3 and a half years, it is currently in remission. My employers have been very good to me so far in that this illness is unpredictable causing time off and I have to attend various medical appointments.I have been very lucky so far, that I only had to take seven months off, whilst I was really bad, but now there has been talks of restructuring the company and possible having to re-apply for jobs or redundances. If this happens I am worried that if I don't get through, I'm not sure another employer will

want to take me on with my sickness record and unpredictability with the illness.Has anyone else been in a similar situation?I would like to know other people's experiences, if they had to give up work for this reason etc.Thanks in advance!BeckyEngland_________________________________________________________________Windows LiveĆÆĀæĀ½ Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free! http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb

Guest guest

Guest guest

IM GOING THROW THE SAMETHING ON THE JOB ,FIVE DOCTORS NOTES ,FMLA AND LONG-TERM FOR 6MOS. IWORK FOR THE STATE A THEY ARE GIVING HELL ,THIS IS GREAT CHANGE IN MY LIFE 40% OF LUNGS ARE GONE ITS HARD FOR ME .IVE BEEN ON MY JOB FOR 18 YEARS AND TO GO TO A DISMISSAL HEARING BECAUSE I WAS SICK Debbie wrote: Hi Connie, Thanks for your info . As Tracie said it will be nice to have someone with that type of knowlege in the group, it is so hard to go up against your employers these days especially when it comes up to sick time with various illnesses. I know when I started becoming ill, my employer didn't work with me well at all. When I really got bad, I went out on sick leave thinking I would go back when I was better . (But in the meantime I found out they planned on laying me off the same week anyway). I was very lucky to leave when I did because I could collect

shortterm liablility . I worked for this company devoted myself for 17 yrs. Then the issue came up for vacation time owed. The wouldn't pay me. I had to take them before the labor board because the owed me 4 weeks of vacation time. Of course all of this stress didn't help my condition at all. It also upset me because I thought these people were my friends and collegues. THat's why you should always be "in the know" or prepared as to what will happen if you have to leave your job abruptly. Connie, thanks for helping.

DebbieConnie Griffis wrote: Becky, Employers can no longer access your sick leave records, and it is against the law for them to ask you during an interview about your health. It is not being dishonest, I am sure you are a hard worker and there is no need to volunteer derogatory information about yourself when it does not involve how well you do your job. I work for vocational

rehabilitation for the state of florida, our whole goal is to keep disabled people employed or help them find employment. We don't even let employers know we work with clients, and this is due to confidentiality for our clients. If you have problems despite everything, please contact your local vocational rehabilitation office in your state. Voc Rehab offers a miriad of help from medical to retraining and degree'd college programs, etc., etc. etc. Let me know if I can be of assistance, my personal email is conaugusta@... Best Wishes///ConnieBecky wrote: Hi to everyone,I have had NS for 3 and a half years, it is currently in remission. My employers have been very good to me so

far in that this illness is unpredictable causing time off and I have to attend various medical appointments.I have been very lucky so far, that I only had to take seven months off, whilst I was really bad, but now there has been talks of restructuring the company and possible having to re-apply for jobs or redundances. If this happens I am worried that if I don't get through, I'm not sure another employer will want to take me on with my sickness record and unpredictability with the illness.Has anyone else been in a similar situation?I would like to know other people's experiences, if they had to give up work for this reason etc.Thanks in advance!BeckyEngland_________________________________________________________________Windows LiveĆÆĀæĀ½ Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!

Guest guest

Connie, Debbie & all, this is one of the great things about this group! It seems like everyone has something unique to contribue, and often just when one or all of us need it. Thanks & a hug of appreciation to each & every member of our NS family.

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: Neurosarcoidosis and workingDate: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 06:51:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Connie, Thanks for your info . As Tracie said it will be nice to have someone with that type of knowlege in the group, it is so hard to go up against your employers these days especially when it comes up to sick time with various illnesses. I know when I started becoming ill, my employer didn't work with me well at all. When I really got bad, I went out on sick leave thinking I would go back when I was better . (But in the meantime I found out they planned on laying me off the same week anyway). I was very lucky to leave when I did because I could collect shortterm liablility . I worked for this company devoted myself for 17 yrs. Then the issue came up for vacation time owed. The wouldn't pay me. I had to take them before the labor board because the owed me 4 weeks of vacation time. Of course all of this stress didn't help my condition at all. It also upset me because I thought these people were my friends and collegues. THat's why you should always be "in the know" or prepared as to what will happen if you have to leave your job abruptly. Connie, thanks for helping. DebbieConnie Griffis wrote:

Becky,

Employers can no longer access your sick leave records, and it is against the law for them to ask you during an interview about your health. It is not being dishonest, I am sure you are a hard worker and there is no need to volunteer derogatory information about yourself when it does not involve how well you do your job.

I work for vocational rehabilitation for the state of florida, our whole goal is to keep disabled people employed or help them find employment. We don't even let employers know we work with clients, and this is due to confidentiality for our clients.

If you have problems despite everything, please contact your local vocational rehabilitation office in your state. Voc Rehab offers a miriad of help from medical to retraining and degree'd college programs, etc., etc. etc.

Let me know if I can be of assistance, my personal email is conaugusta@...

Best Wishes///ConnieBecky wrote:

Hi to everyone,I have had NS for 3 and a half years, it is currently in remission. My employers have been very good to me so far in that this illness is unpredictable causing time off and I have to attend various medical appointments.I have been very lucky so far, that I only had to take seven months off, whilst I was really bad, but now there has been talks of restructuring the company and possible having to re-apply for jobs or redundances. If this happens I am worried that if I don't get through, I'm not sure another employer will want to take me on with my sickness record and unpredictability with the illness.Has anyone else been in a similar situation?I would like to know other people's experiences, if they had to give up work for this reason etc.Thanks in advance!BeckyEngland_________________________________________________________________Windows LiveĆÆĀæĀ½ Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free! http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb

Guest guest

Connie, Debbie & all, this is one of the great things about this group! It seems like everyone has something unique to contribue, and often just when one or all of us need it. Thanks & a hug of appreciation to each & every member of our NS family.

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: Neurosarcoidosis and workingDate: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 06:51:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Connie, Thanks for your info . As Tracie said it will be nice to have someone with that type of knowlege in the group, it is so hard to go up against your employers these days especially when it comes up to sick time with various illnesses. I know when I started becoming ill, my employer didn't work with me well at all. When I really got bad, I went out on sick leave thinking I would go back when I was better . (But in the meantime I found out they planned on laying me off the same week anyway). I was very lucky to leave when I did because I could collect shortterm liablility . I worked for this company devoted myself for 17 yrs. Then the issue came up for vacation time owed. The wouldn't pay me. I had to take them before the labor board because the owed me 4 weeks of vacation time. Of course all of this stress didn't help my condition at all. It also upset me because I thought these people were my friends and collegues. THat's why you should always be "in the know" or prepared as to what will happen if you have to leave your job abruptly. Connie, thanks for helping. DebbieConnie Griffis wrote:

Becky,

Employers can no longer access your sick leave records, and it is against the law for them to ask you during an interview about your health. It is not being dishonest, I am sure you are a hard worker and there is no need to volunteer derogatory information about yourself when it does not involve how well you do your job.

I work for vocational rehabilitation for the state of florida, our whole goal is to keep disabled people employed or help them find employment. We don't even let employers know we work with clients, and this is due to confidentiality for our clients.

If you have problems despite everything, please contact your local vocational rehabilitation office in your state. Voc Rehab offers a miriad of help from medical to retraining and degree'd college programs, etc., etc. etc.

Hi to everyone,I have had NS for 3 and a half years, it is currently in remission. My employers have been very good to me so far in that this illness is unpredictable causing time off and I have to attend various medical appointments.I have been very lucky so far, that I only had to take seven months off, whilst I was really bad, but now there has been talks of restructuring the company and possible having to re-apply for jobs or redundances. If this happens I am worried that if I don't get through, I'm not sure another employer will want to take me on with my sickness record and unpredictability with the illness.Has anyone else been in a similar situation?I would like to know other people's experiences, if they had to give up work for this reason etc.Thanks in advance!BeckyEngland_________________________________________________________________Windows LiveĆÆĀæĀ½ Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free! http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb

Guest guest

Ramblin' Rose

Becky,

Guest guest

, I'm so sorry that you are being treated with such disrespect & callousness after all these years. Where do you live? Do you know if there are any employee advocates available to help you? We have a new member, Connie, who is our expert on work issues. Maybe she will have some ideas for you. Let us know where you work. I'm glad you are staying in touch with the group; hadn't heard from you for awhile.

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: Neurosarcoidosis and workingDate: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 08:46:16 -0700 (PDT)

IM GOING THROW THE SAMETHING ON THE JOB ,FIVE DOCTORS NOTES ,FMLA AND LONG-TERM FOR 6MOS. IWORK FOR THE STATE A THEY ARE GIVING HELL ,THIS IS GREAT CHANGE IN MY LIFE 40% OF LUNGS ARE GONE ITS HARD FOR ME .IVE BEEN ON MY JOB FOR 18 YEARS AND TO GO TO A DISMISSAL HEARING BECAUSE I WAS SICK

Debbie wrote:

Becky,

Guest guest

Rose , if you no of someone that can help me with this i do have an atty but hes not sure as to were to go with .1save my job offer me another job after the one year Rose wrote: , I'm so sorry that you are being treated with such disrespect & callousness after all these years. Where do you live? Do you know if there are any employee advocates available to help you? We have a new member, Connie, who is our expert on work issues. Maybe she will have some ideas for you. Let us know where you work. I'm glad you are staying in touch with the group; hadn't heard from you for awhile. Ramblin' Rose Moderator Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: Neurosarcoidosis and workingDate: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 08:46:16 -0700 (PDT) IM GOING THROW THE SAMETHING ON THE JOB ,FIVE DOCTORS NOTES ,FMLA AND LONG-TERM FOR 6MOS. IWORK FOR THE STATE A THEY ARE GIVING HELL ,THIS IS GREAT CHANGE IN MY LIFE 40% OF LUNGS ARE GONE ITS HARD FOR ME .IVE BEEN ON MY JOB FOR 18 YEARS AND TO GO TO A DISMISSAL HEARING BECAUSE I WAS SICK Debbie wrote: Hi Connie, Thanks for your info . As Tracie said it will be nice to have someone with that type of knowlege in the group, it is so hard to go up against your employers these days especially when it comes up to sick time with various illnesses. I know when I started becoming ill, my employer didn't work with me well at all. When I really got bad, I went out on sick leave thinking I would go back when I was better . (But in the meantime I found out they planned on laying me off the same week anyway). I was very lucky to leave when I did because I could collect

shortterm liablility . I worked for this company devoted myself for 17 yrs. Then the issue came up for vacation time owed. The wouldn't pay me. I had to take them before the labor board because the owed me 4 weeks of vacation time. Of course all of this stress didn't help my condition at all. It also upset me because I thought these people were my friends and collegues. THat's why you should always be "in the know" or prepared as to what will happen if you have to leave your job abruptly. Connie, thanks for helping.

DebbieConnie Griffis wrote: Becky, Employers can no longer access your sick leave records, and it is against the law for them to ask you during an interview about your health. It is not being dishonest, I am sure you are a hard worker and there is no need to volunteer derogatory information about yourself when it does not involve how well you do your job. I work for vocational

rehabilitation for the state of florida, our whole goal is to keep disabled people employed or help them find employment. We don't even let employers know we work with clients, and this is due to confidentiality for our clients. If you have problems despite everything, please contact your local vocational rehabilitation office in your state. Voc Rehab offers a miriad of help from medical to retraining and degree'd college programs, etc., etc. etc. Let me know if I can be of assistance, my personal email is conaugusta@... Best Wishes///ConnieBecky wrote: Hi to everyone,I have had NS for 3 and a half years, it is currently in remission. My employers have been very good to me so

far in that this illness is unpredictable causing time off and I have to attend various medical appointments.I have been very lucky so far, that I only had to take seven months off, whilst I was really bad, but now there has been talks of restructuring the company and possible having to re-apply for jobs or redundances. If this happens I am worried that if I don't get through, I'm not sure another employer will want to take me on with my sickness record and unpredictability with the illness.Has anyone else been in a similar situation?I would like to know other people's experiences, if they had to give up work for this reason etc.Thanks in advance!BeckyEngland_________________________________________________________________Windows LiveĆÆĀæĀ½ Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!

Guest guest

Rose , if you no of someone that can help me with this i do have an atty but hes not sure as to were to go with .1save my job offer me another job after the one year Rose wrote: , I'm so sorry that you are being treated with such disrespect & callousness after all these years. Where do you live? Do you know if there are any employee advocates available to help you? We have a new member, Connie, who is our expert on work issues. Maybe she will have some ideas for you. Let us know where you work. I'm glad you are staying in touch with the group; hadn't heard from you for awhile. Ramblin' Rose Moderator Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: Neurosarcoidosis and workingDate: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 08:46:16 -0700 (PDT) IM GOING THROW THE SAMETHING ON THE JOB ,FIVE DOCTORS NOTES ,FMLA AND LONG-TERM FOR 6MOS. IWORK FOR THE STATE A THEY ARE GIVING HELL ,THIS IS GREAT CHANGE IN MY LIFE 40% OF LUNGS ARE GONE ITS HARD FOR ME .IVE BEEN ON MY JOB FOR 18 YEARS AND TO GO TO A DISMISSAL HEARING BECAUSE I WAS SICK Debbie wrote: Hi Connie, Thanks for your info . As Tracie said it will be nice to have someone with that type of knowlege in the group, it is so hard to go up against your employers these days especially when it comes up to sick time with various illnesses. I know when I started becoming ill, my employer didn't work with me well at all. When I really got bad, I went out on sick leave thinking I would go back when I was better . (But in the meantime I found out they planned on laying me off the same week anyway). I was very lucky to leave when I did because I could collect

Guest guest

Guest guest