RemedySpot.com

shortness of breath

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Bruce , thanks for your info. oh yeah by the way guys, forget about that can't live you and can't kill you thing I was just thinking out loud Happy Friday

sharon p ph asthma 2008

From: Bruce Moreland <brucemoreland@ gmail.com>Subject: Re: Shortness of BreathTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, March 27, 2009, 2:39 PM

PinkAmong the many many things water does it helps transport oxygen.As to how much we need to drink, there is much discussion of that now.Traditionally we were told things like 8 glasses a day. Then I read asite that says one ounce for each two pounds of body weight. The realityis it probably varies by individual and how our bodies process it.Doctors are now saying its not necessarily the same for everyone.However, I think most of us find hydration pretty important. It helpswith many things, even sinuses.Now, if you're feeling an exceptional thirst and need for more, that'ssomething to discuss with your doctor as it can be a sign of otherproblems.> > > > >> > >

> > Hi,> > > > > I'm not certain at all why that happens but what you describe> has> > > been> > > > happening to me since prior to my diagnosis. It's almost like a> > small> > > > involuntary gasp. Is that what you mean? Unfortunately I can't> tell> > > you> > > > anything about what it is and why it happens. No one has everbeen> > > able> > > > to tell me.> > > > > But you're not alone. Maybe someone else will know. Bruce???> > > > >> > > > > Beth> > > > > Moderator> > > > > Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __>

> > > > From: vella_vesture bpello@> > > > > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > > > > Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:07:01 PM> > > > > Subject: Shortness of Breath> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > I was diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica in 1997. At the> onset> > I> > > > noticed I had shortness of breath upon lifting heavy objects and> > > > sweeping floor. It comes and goes and I even have good timeswhen> I> > > can> > > > walk a tred mill. I have not tested positive for RA but did have> > lung> > > > studies and have been diagnosed with pulmonay fibrosis. I am now> > > > experiencing something strange which can't get a satisfactory> answer> > > > for.

At rest I suddenly have a spasm of my diaphragm with causes> me> > to> > > > take a sudden rapid deep breath. I have no control over this and> it> > is> > > > getting painful. Any ideas of what is happening. Thanks> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Bruce,

I enjoy your emails.. You are quite the wordsmith.

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 1:34:16 PMSubject: Re: Shortness of Breath

SherIt points out many things. One is the difference between "stubborn" and"strong willed". Stubborn is more resistant and refusal while strongwilled is determination as we normally perceive them. I think you'reright about newly diagnosed but I think men handle it often poorer thanwomen. There is that refusal to admit that you're "weak' in some respectand that there is something you can't fight and defeat. But, in realityyou can defeat it. You can't cure it, but if you live your life to thefullest in spite of it, you win.We tend to immediately focus on all those things we think we can't doinstead of all those we can do.In many respects dealing with PF is no different than dealing withaging, just faster and sooner. Everyone at some point in their lifeloses some abilities they had before and the longer they live the morethey lose. Unfortunately, we often tend to place our self value on

whatwe do or what we can do. It isn't. It's who we are that is our value.Then within that we just do what we can. I am not less of a personbecause I can't do all the things I could before. I'm the same. In asociety geared on productivity and accomplishment that may be hard tounderstand. Many here are grandmothers. That's a huge value. Not whatyou do, just being one to a child. Your grandchildren' s biggesttreasures won't be the presents you give them. They will be the memoriesof your smile, your voice, your comfort. They will be the times you heldthem or sat beside them or talked to them on the phone.> > > >> > > > Hi,> > > > I'm not certain at all why that happens but what youdescribe has> > been> > > happening to me since prior to my diagnosis. It's almostlike a>

small> > > involuntary gasp. Is that what you mean? Unfortunately Ican't tell> > you> > > anything about what it is and why it happens. No one hasever been> > able> > > to tell me.> > > > But you're not alone. Maybe someone else will know.Bruce???> > > >> > > > Beth> > > > Moderator> > > > Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> > > > From: vella_vesture bpello@> > > > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > > > Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:07:01 PM> > > > Subject: Shortness of Breath> > > >> > > >> > > > I was

diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica in 1997.At the onset> I> > > noticed I had shortness of breath upon lifting heavyobjects and> > > sweeping floor. It comes and goes and I even have goodtimes when I> > can> > > walk a tred mill. I have not tested positive for RA butdid have> lung> > > studies and have been diagnosed with pulmonay fibrosis.I am now> > > experiencing something strange which can't get asatisfactory answer> > > for. At rest I suddenly have a spasm of my diaphragmwith causes me> to> > > take a sudden rapid deep breath. I have no control overthis and it> is> > > getting painful. Any ideas of what is happening. Thanks> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Bruce,

I enjoy your emails.. You are quite the wordsmith.

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 1:34:16 PMSubject: Re: Shortness of Breath

SherIt points out many things. One is the difference between "stubborn" and"strong willed". Stubborn is more resistant and refusal while strongwilled is determination as we normally perceive them. I think you'reright about newly diagnosed but I think men handle it often poorer thanwomen. There is that refusal to admit that you're "weak' in some respectand that there is something you can't fight and defeat. But, in realityyou can defeat it. You can't cure it, but if you live your life to thefullest in spite of it, you win.We tend to immediately focus on all those things we think we can't doinstead of all those we can do.In many respects dealing with PF is no different than dealing withaging, just faster and sooner. Everyone at some point in their lifeloses some abilities they had before and the longer they live the morethey lose. Unfortunately, we often tend to place our self value on

whatwe do or what we can do. It isn't. It's who we are that is our value.Then within that we just do what we can. I am not less of a personbecause I can't do all the things I could before. I'm the same. In asociety geared on productivity and accomplishment that may be hard tounderstand. Many here are grandmothers. That's a huge value. Not whatyou do, just being one to a child. Your grandchildren' s biggesttreasures won't be the presents you give them. They will be the memoriesof your smile, your voice, your comfort. They will be the times you heldthem or sat beside them or talked to them on the phone.> > > >> > > > Hi,> > > > I'm not certain at all why that happens but what youdescribe has> > been> > > happening to me since prior to my diagnosis. It's almostlike a>

small> > > involuntary gasp. Is that what you mean? Unfortunately Ican't tell> > you> > > anything about what it is and why it happens. No one hasever been> > able> > > to tell me.> > > > But you're not alone. Maybe someone else will know.Bruce???> > > >> > > > Beth> > > > Moderator> > > > Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> > > > From: vella_vesture bpello@> > > > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > > > Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:07:01 PM> > > > Subject: Shortness of Breath> > > >> > > >> > > > I was

diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica in 1997.At the onset> I> > > noticed I had shortness of breath upon lifting heavyobjects and> > > sweeping floor. It comes and goes and I even have goodtimes when I> > can> > > walk a tred mill. I have not tested positive for RA butdid have> lung> > > studies and have been diagnosed with pulmonay fibrosis.I am now> > > experiencing something strange which can't get asatisfactory answer> > > for. At rest I suddenly have a spasm of my diaphragmwith causes me> to> > > take a sudden rapid deep breath. I have no control overthis and it> is> > > getting painful. Any ideas of what is happening. Thanks> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Colleen

Wordsmith or wordy? lol....

We welcome you here. If the number of emails is overwhelming, looking

only on weekends, then you may also receive them in digests or read on

the web. Everyone has their own preferences.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hi,

> > > > > I'm not certain at all why that happens but what you

> describe has

> > > been

> > > > happening to me since prior to my diagnosis. It's almost

> like a

> > small

> > > > involuntary gasp. Is that what you mean? Unfortunately I

> can't tell

> > > you

> > > > anything about what it is and why it happens. No one has

> ever been

> > > able

> > > > to tell me.

> > > > > But you're not alone. Maybe someone else will know.

> Bruce???

> > > > >

> > > > > Beth

> > > > > Moderator

> > > > > Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __

> > > > > From: vella_vesture bpello@

> > > > > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

> > > > > Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:07:01 PM

> > > > > Subject: Shortness of Breath

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I was diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica in 1997.

> At the onset

> > I

> > > > noticed I had shortness of breath upon lifting heavy

> objects and

> > > > sweeping floor. It comes and goes and I even have good

> times when I

> > > can

> > > > walk a tred mill. I have not tested positive for RA but

> did have

> > lung

> > > > studies and have been diagnosed with pulmonay fibrosis.

> I am now

> > > > experiencing something strange which can't get a

> satisfactory answer

> > > > for. At rest I suddenly have a spasm of my diaphragm

> with causes me

> > to

> > > > take a sudden rapid deep breath. I have no control over

> this and it

> > is

> > > > getting painful. Any ideas of what is happening. Thanks

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

happy early birthday, i'll be 65 4-10-09

ken o.

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2009 1:08:07 PMSubject: Re: Shortness of Breath

Good question. My lung surgeon was talking about a bi-lateral transplant when I first met him in May 07. In Aug. 07 when I made the transplant list it was just for one lung, which I believe was a result of the Transplant Team revaiew of all my records. I suspect it was partly because of my age-transplant was 8/22/07 and I will be 70 on 4/17/09. Also, I suspect they thought it would quicker to get me one lung rather than 2, but I never asked. I got the left lung transplant just 9 days after getting on the list. I still have IPF in my right lung, but am not on oxygen; and my doctor said my left lung is doing all the work and doing a great job.Love and Aloha,Judy (Ohio) IPF 11/06 TX 8/07> > > > > >> > > > > > Hi,> > > > > > I'm not certain at all why that happens but what you> > describe has> > > > been> > > > > happening to me since prior to my diagnosis. It's almost> > like a> > > small> > > > > involuntary gasp. Is that what you mean? Unfortunately I> > can't tell> > > > you> > > > > anything about what it is and why it happens. No one has> > ever been> > > > able> > > > > to tell me.> > > > > > But you're not alone. Maybe someone else will know.> > Bruce???> > > > > >> > > >

> > Beth> > > > > > Moderator> > > > > > Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> > > > > > From: vella_vesture bpello@> > > > > > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > > > > > Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:07:01 PM> > > > > > Subject: Shortness of Breath> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > I was diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica in 1997.> > At the onset> > > I> > > > > noticed I had shortness of breath upon lifting heavy> > objects and> > > > > sweeping

floor. It comes and goes and I even have good> > times when I> > > > can> > > > > walk a tred mill. I have not tested positive for RA but> > did have> > > lung> > > > > studies and have been diagnosed with pulmonay fibrosis.> > I am now> > > > > experiencing something strange which can't get a> > satisfactory answer> > > > > for. At rest I suddenly have a spasm of my diaphragm> > with causes me> > > to> > > > > take a sudden rapid deep breath. I have no control over> > this and it> > > is> > > > > getting painful. Any ideas of what is happening. Thanks> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

ken o.

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2009 1:08:07 PMSubject: Re: Shortness of Breath

Good question. My lung surgeon was talking about a bi-lateral transplant when I first met him in May 07. In Aug. 07 when I made the transplant list it was just for one lung, which I believe was a result of the Transplant Team revaiew of all my records. I suspect it was partly because of my age-transplant was 8/22/07 and I will be 70 on 4/17/09. Also, I suspect they thought it would quicker to get me one lung rather than 2, but I never asked. I got the left lung transplant just 9 days after getting on the list. I still have IPF in my right lung, but am not on oxygen; and my doctor said my left lung is doing all the work and doing a great job.Love and Aloha,Judy (Ohio) IPF 11/06 TX 8/07> > > > > >> > > > > > Hi,> > > > > > I'm not certain at all why that happens but what you> > describe has> > > > been> > > > > happening to me since prior to my diagnosis. It's almost> > like a> > > small> > > > > involuntary gasp. Is that what you mean? Unfortunately I> > can't tell> > > > you> > > > > anything about what it is and why it happens. No one has> > ever been> > > > able> > > > > to tell me.> > > > > > But you're not alone. Maybe someone else will know.> > Bruce???> > > > > >> > > >

> > Beth> > > > > > Moderator> > > > > > Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> > > > > > From: vella_vesture bpello@> > > > > > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > > > > > Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:07:01 PM> > > > > > Subject: Shortness of Breath> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > I was diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica in 1997.> > At the onset> > > I> > > > > noticed I had shortness of breath upon lifting heavy> > objects and> > > > > sweeping

floor. It comes and goes and I even have good> > times when I> > > > can> > > > > walk a tred mill. I have not tested positive for RA but> > did have> > > lung> > > > > studies and have been diagnosed with pulmonay fibrosis.> > I am now> > > > > experiencing something strange which can't get a> > satisfactory answer> > > > > for. At rest I suddenly have a spasm of my diaphragm> > with causes me> > > to> > > > > take a sudden rapid deep breath. I have no control over> > this and it> > > is> > > > > getting painful. Any ideas of what is happening. Thanks> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Happy, 65 and welcome to medicare.. My son is 49 today, my hubby is the 9th and my son=in law is the 17th.. I LOVE APRIL CAKES & ICE CREAM.. :) Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  happy early birthday, i'll be 65 4-10-09 ken o.From: cbayjpw <cbayjpw (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>To: Breathe-Support Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2009 1:08:07 PMSubject:  Re: Shortness of BreathGood question. My lung surgeon was talking about a bi-lateral transplant when I first met him in May 07. In Aug. 07 when I made the transplant list it was just for one lung, which I believe was a result of the Transplant Team revaiew of all my records. I suspect it was partly because of my age-transplant was 8/22/07 and I will be 70 on 4/17/09. Also, I suspect they thought it would quicker to get me one lung rather than 2, but I never asked. I got the left lung transplant just 9 days after getting on the list. I still have IPF in my right lung, but am not on oxygen; and my doctor said my left lung is doing all the work and doing a great job.Love and Aloha,Judy (Ohio) IPF 11/06 TX 8/07> > > > > >> > > > > > Hi,> > > > > > I'm not certain at all why that happens but what you> > describe has> > > > been> > > > > happening to me since prior to my diagnosis. It's almost> > like a> > > small> > > > > involuntary gasp. Is that what you mean? Unfortunately I> > can't tell> > > > you> > > > > anything about what it is and why it happens. No one has> > ever been> > > > able> > > > > to tell me.> > > > > > But you're not alone. Maybe someone else will know.> > Bruce???> > > > > >> > > > > > Beth> > > > > > Moderator> > > > > > Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> > > > > > From: vella_vesture bpello@> > > > > > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > > > > > Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:07:01 PM> > > > > > Subject: Shortness of Breath> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > I was diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica in 1997.> > At the onset> > > I> > > > > noticed I had shortness of breath upon lifting heavy> > objects and> > > > > sweeping floor. It comes and goes and I even have good> > times when I> > > > can> > > > > walk a tred mill. I have not tested positive for RA but> > did have> > > lung> > > > > studies and have been diagnosed with pulmonay fibrosis.> > I am now> > > > > experiencing something strange which can't get a> > satisfactory answer> > > > > for. At rest I suddenly have a spasm of my diaphragm> > with causes me> > > to> > > > > take a sudden rapid deep breath. I have no control over> > this and it> > > is> > > > > getting painful. Any ideas of what is happening. Thanks> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

the doctor

lot's of pf'ers receive single lung

the surgery is shorter and recovery tends to be better -- not 100 % of the time, but in general

cystic fibrosis receives double lung, once the diseased lungs are removed, the disease is "gone"

this is the way the surgeon explained it to me in simplest terms

then there are other diseases that i don't know about

age might be another factor, younger people (CF) tend to do better

the surgeon spent about an hour with us discussing all of this

Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Donate Life Listed 1/09

www.transplantfund.org---

Subject: Re: Re: Shortness of BreathTo: Breathe-Support Date: Saturday, April 4, 2009, 1:28 PM

i have seen where some people receive a single lung transplant and others a double. what determins who receives a single or double.

ken o.

From: Bruce Moreland <brucemoreland@ gmail.com>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Saturday, April 4, 2009 8:28:04 AMSubject: Re: Shortness of Breath

ColleenWordsmith or wordy? lol....We welcome you here. If the number of emails is overwhelming, lookingonly on weekends, then you may also receive them in digests or read onthe web. Everyone has their own preferences.> > > > >> > > > > Hi,> > > > > I'm not certain at all why that happens but what you> describe has> > > been> > > > happening to me since prior to my diagnosis. It's almost> like a> > small> > > > involuntary gasp. Is that what you mean? Unfortunately I> can't tell> > > you> > > > anything about what it is and why it happens. No one has> ever been> > > able> > > > to tell me.> >

> > > But you're not alone. Maybe someone else will know.> Bruce???> > > > >> > > > > Beth> > > > > Moderator> > > > > Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> > > > > From: vella_vesture bpello@> > > > > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > > > > Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:07:01 PM> > > > > Subject: Shortness of Breath> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > I was diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica in 1997.> At the onset> > I> > > > noticed I had shortness of breath upon lifting heavy> objects

and> > > > sweeping floor. It comes and goes and I even have good> times when I> > > can> > > > walk a tred mill. I have not tested positive for RA but> did have> > lung> > > > studies and have been diagnosed with pulmonay fibrosis.> I am now> > > > experiencing something strange which can't get a> satisfactory answer> > > > for. At rest I suddenly have a spasm of my diaphragm> with causes me> > to> > > > take a sudden rapid deep breath. I have no control over> this and it> > is> > > > getting painful. Any ideas of what is happening. Thanks> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

the doctor

lot's of pf'ers receive single lung

the surgery is shorter and recovery tends to be better -- not 100 % of the time, but in general

cystic fibrosis receives double lung, once the diseased lungs are removed, the disease is "gone"

this is the way the surgeon explained it to me in simplest terms

then there are other diseases that i don't know about

age might be another factor, younger people (CF) tend to do better

the surgeon spent about an hour with us discussing all of this

Donate Life Listed 1/09

Subject: Re: Re: Shortness of BreathTo: Breathe-Support Date: Saturday, April 4, 2009, 1:28 PM

i have seen where some people receive a single lung transplant and others a double. what determins who receives a single or double.

ken o.

From: Bruce Moreland <brucemoreland@ gmail.com>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Saturday, April 4, 2009 8:28:04 AMSubject: Re: Shortness of Breath

ColleenWordsmith or wordy? lol....We welcome you here. If the number of emails is overwhelming, lookingonly on weekends, then you may also receive them in digests or read onthe web. Everyone has their own preferences.> > > > >> > > > > Hi,> > > > > I'm not certain at all why that happens but what you> describe has> > > been> > > > happening to me since prior to my diagnosis. It's almost> like a> > small> > > > involuntary gasp. Is that what you mean? Unfortunately I> can't tell> > > you> > > > anything about what it is and why it happens. No one has> ever been> > > able> > > > to tell me.> >

> > > But you're not alone. Maybe someone else will know.> Bruce???> > > > >> > > > > Beth> > > > > Moderator> > > > > Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> > > > > From: vella_vesture bpello@> > > > > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > > > > Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:07:01 PM> > > > > Subject: Shortness of Breath> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > I was diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica in 1997.> At the onset> > I> > > > noticed I had shortness of breath upon lifting heavy> objects

and> > > > sweeping floor. It comes and goes and I even have good> times when I> > > can> > > > walk a tred mill. I have not tested positive for RA but> did have> > lung> > > > studies and have been diagnosed with pulmonay fibrosis.> I am now> > > > experiencing something strange which can't get a> satisfactory answer> > > > for. At rest I suddenly have a spasm of my diaphragm> with causes me> > to> > > > take a sudden rapid deep breath. I have no control over> this and it> > is> > > > getting painful. Any ideas of what is happening. Thanks> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Ken and Judy

just in case I forget on the date

Happy Birthday

Donate Life Listed 1/09

Subject: Re: Re: Shortness of BreathTo: Breathe-Support Date: Saturday, April 4, 2009, 5:11 PM

ken o.

From: cbayjpw <cbayjpw (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Saturday, April 4, 2009 1:08:07 PMSubject: Re: Shortness of Breath

Good question. My lung surgeon was talking about a bi-lateral transplant when I first met him in May 07. In Aug. 07 when I made the transplant list it was just for one lung, which I believe was a result of the Transplant Team revaiew of all my records. I suspect it was partly because of my age-transplant was 8/22/07 and I will be 70 on 4/17/09. Also, I suspect they thought it would quicker to get me one lung rather than 2, but I never asked. I got the left lung transplant just 9 days after getting on the list. I still have IPF in my right lung, but am not on oxygen; and my doctor said my left lung is doing all the work and doing a great job.Love and Aloha,Judy (Ohio) IPF 11/06 TX 8/07> > > > > >> > > > > > Hi,> > > > > > I'm not certain at all why that happens but what you> > describe has> > > > been> > > > > happening to me since prior to my diagnosis. It's almost> > like a> > > small> > > > > involuntary gasp. Is that what you mean? Unfortunately I> > can't tell> > > > you> > > > > anything about what it is and why it happens. No one has> > ever been> > > > able> > > > > to tell me.> > > > > > But you're not alone. Maybe someone else will know.> > Bruce???> > > > > >> > > > > > Beth> > > > > > Moderator> > > > > > Fibrotic

NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> > > > > > From: vella_vesture bpello@> > > > > > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > > > > > Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:07:01 PM> > > > > > Subject: Shortness of Breath> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > I was diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica in 1997.> > At the onset> > > I> > > > > noticed I had shortness of breath upon lifting heavy> > objects and> > > > > sweeping floor. It comes and goes and I even have good> > times when I> > > >

can> > > > > walk a tred mill. I have not tested positive for RA but> > did have> > > lung> > > > > studies and have been diagnosed with pulmonay fibrosis.> > I am now> > > > > experiencing something strange which can't get a> > satisfactory answer> > > > > for. At rest I suddenly have a spasm of my diaphragm> > with causes me> > > to> > > > > take a sudden rapid deep breath. I have no control over> > this and it> > > is> > > > > getting painful. Any ideas of what is happening. Thanks> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Ken and Judy

Happy Birthday

Donate Life Listed 1/09

Subject: Re: Re: Shortness of BreathTo: Breathe-Support Date: Saturday, April 4, 2009, 5:11 PM

ken o.

From: cbayjpw <cbayjpw (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Saturday, April 4, 2009 1:08:07 PMSubject: Re: Shortness of Breath

Good question. My lung surgeon was talking about a bi-lateral transplant when I first met him in May 07. In Aug. 07 when I made the transplant list it was just for one lung, which I believe was a result of the Transplant Team revaiew of all my records. I suspect it was partly because of my age-transplant was 8/22/07 and I will be 70 on 4/17/09. Also, I suspect they thought it would quicker to get me one lung rather than 2, but I never asked. I got the left lung transplant just 9 days after getting on the list. I still have IPF in my right lung, but am not on oxygen; and my doctor said my left lung is doing all the work and doing a great job.Love and Aloha,Judy (Ohio) IPF 11/06 TX 8/07> > > > > >> > > > > > Hi,> > > > > > I'm not certain at all why that happens but what you> > describe has> > > > been> > > > > happening to me since prior to my diagnosis. It's almost> > like a> > > small> > > > > involuntary gasp. Is that what you mean? Unfortunately I> > can't tell> > > > you> > > > > anything about what it is and why it happens. No one has> > ever been> > > > able> > > > > to tell me.> > > > > > But you're not alone. Maybe someone else will know.> > Bruce???> > > > > >> > > > > > Beth> > > > > > Moderator> > > > > > Fibrotic

NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> > > > > > From: vella_vesture bpello@> > > > > > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > > > > > Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:07:01 PM> > > > > > Subject: Shortness of Breath> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > I was diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica in 1997.> > At the onset> > > I> > > > > noticed I had shortness of breath upon lifting heavy> > objects and> > > > > sweeping floor. It comes and goes and I even have good> > times when I> > > >

can> > > > > walk a tred mill. I have not tested positive for RA but> > did have> > > lung> > > > > studies and have been diagnosed with pulmonay fibrosis.> > I am now> > > > > experiencing something strange which can't get a> > satisfactory answer> > > > > for. At rest I suddenly have a spasm of my diaphragm> > with causes me> > > to> > > > > take a sudden rapid deep breath. I have no control over> > this and it> > > is> > > > > getting painful. Any ideas of what is happening. Thanks> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Happy Birthday

April and May

Donate Life Listed 1/09

Subject: Re: Re: Shortness of BreathTo: Breathe-Support Date: Saturday, April 4, 2009, 5:16 PM

Happy, 65 and welcome to medicare.. My son is 49 today, my hubby is the 9th and my son=in law is the 17th.. I LOVE APRIL CAKES & ICE CREAM.. :)

Love & Prayers, Peggy

Florida, IPF/UIP 2004

"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,

when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."

ken o.

Good question. My lung surgeon was talking about a bi-lateral transplant when I first met him in May 07. In Aug. 07 when I made the transplant list it was just for one lung, which I believe was a result of the Transplant Team revaiew of all my records. I suspect it was partly because of my age-transplant was 8/22/07 and I will be 70 on 4/17/09. Also, I suspect they thought it would quicker to get me one lung rather than 2, but I never asked. I got the left lung transplant just 9 days after getting on the list. I still have IPF in my right lung, but am not on oxygen; and my doctor said my left lung is doing all the work and doing a great job.Love and Aloha,Judy (Ohio) IPF 11/06 TX 8/07---

In Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com, Overman <kenover44@. ..> wrote:>> i have seen where some people receive a single lung transplant and others a double. what determins who receives a single or double.> > ken o.> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> From: Bruce Moreland <brucemoreland@ ...>> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2009 8:28:04 AM> Subject: Re: Shortness of Breath> > > Colleen> > Wordsmith or wordy?

lol....> > We welcome you here. If the number of emails is overwhelming, looking> only on weekends, then you may also receive them in digests or read on> the web. Everyone has their own preferences.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > Hi,> > > > > > I'm not certain at all why that happens but what you> > describe has> > > > been> > > > > happening to me since prior to my diagnosis. It's almost> > like a> > > small> > > > > involuntary gasp. Is that what you mean? Unfortunately I> > can't tell> > > > you> > > > > anything about what it is and why it happens. No one has> > ever been> >

> > able> > > > > to tell me.> > > > > > But you're not alone. Maybe someone else will know.> > Bruce???> > > > > >> > > > > > Beth> > > > > > Moderator> > > > > > Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> > > > > > From:

vella_vesture bpello@> > > > > > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > > > > > Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:07:01 PM> > > > > > Subject: Shortness of Breath> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > I was diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica in 1997.> > At the onset> > > I> > > > > noticed I had shortness of breath upon lifting heavy> > objects and> > > > > sweeping floor. It comes and goes and I even have good> > times when I> > > > can> > > > > walk a tred mill. I have not tested positive for RA but> > did have> > > lung> > > > > studies and have been diagnosed with pulmonay fibrosis.> > I am now> > > > > experiencing something strange which can't get a> > satisfactory answer> > > > > for. At rest I suddenly have a spasm of my diaphragm> > with causes me> > > to> > > > > take a sudden rapid deep breath. I have no control over> > this and it> > > is> > > > > getting painful. Any ideas of what is happening. Thanks> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine is also on April 17. WIll be 61!!! Who would have believed it?

Joe

JOE & JOANIE LAMENSKIE

IPF JAN. 2008

-- Shortness of Breath> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > I was diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica in 1997.> > At the onset> > > I> > > > > noticed I had shortness of breath upon lifting heavy> > objects and> > > > > sweeping floor. It comes and goes and I even have good> > times when I> > > > can> > > > > walk a tred mill. I have not tested positive for RA but> > did have> > > lung> > > > > studies and have been diagnosed with pulmonay fibrosis.> > I am now> > > > > experiencing something strange which can't get a> > satisfactory answer> > > > > for. At rest I suddenly have a spasm of my diaphragm> > with causes me> > > to> > > > > take a sudden rapid deep breath. I have no control over> > this and it> > > is> > > > > getting painful. Any ideas of what is happening. Thanks> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Ken O. Happy Birthday fellow 65'r!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 65, fibriotic NSIP/05/PA

And

“mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No,

NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah and Sara

“I’m

gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca

Minor-periwinkle is my flower

Overman wrote:

ken o.

cbayjpw <cbayjpw (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>

To: Breathe-Support

Sent: Saturday, April

4, 2009 1:08:07 PM

Subject:

Re: Shortness of Breath

Good question. My lung surgeon was talking about a bi-lateral

transplant when I first met him in May 07. In Aug. 07 when I made the

transplant list it was just for one lung, which I believe was a result

of the Transplant Team revaiew of all my records. I suspect it was

partly because of my age-transplant was 8/22/07 and I will be 70 on

4/17/09. Also, I suspect they thought it would quicker to get me one

lung rather than 2, but I never asked. I got the left lung transplant

just 9 days after getting on the list. I still have IPF in my right

lung, but am not on oxygen; and my doctor said my left lung is doing

all the work and doing a great job.

Love and Aloha,

Judy (Ohio) IPF 11/06 TX 8/07

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hi,

> > > > > > I'm not certain at all why that happens

but what you

> > describe has

> > > > been

> > > > > happening to me since prior to my diagnosis.

It's almost

> > like a

> > > small

> > > > > involuntary gasp. Is that what you mean?

Unfortunately I

> > can't tell

> > > > you

> > > > > anything about what it is and why it happens.

No one has

> > ever been

> > > > able

> > > > > to tell me.

> > > > > > But you're not alone. Maybe someone else

will know.

> > Bruce???

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Beth

> > > > > > Moderator

> > > > > > Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __

> > > > > > From: vella_vesture bpello@

> > > > > > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

> > > > > > Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:07:01 PM

> > > > > > Subject: Shortness of

Breath

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I was diagnosed with polymyalgia

rheumatica in 1997.

> > At the onset

> > > I

> > > > > noticed I had shortness of breath upon lifting

heavy

> > objects and

> > > > > sweeping floor. It comes and goes and I even

have good

> > times when I

> > > > can

> > > > > walk a tred mill. I have not tested positive

for RA but

> > did have

> > > lung

> > > > > studies and have been diagnosed with pulmonay

fibrosis.

> > I am now

> > > > > experiencing something strange which can't get

a

> > satisfactory answer

> > > > > for. At rest I suddenly have a spasm of my

diaphragm

> > with causes me

> > > to

> > > > > take a sudden rapid deep breath. I have no

control over

> > this and it

> > > is

> > > > > getting painful. Any ideas of what is

happening. Thanks

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Joe, You are just a kid!!!!!

Happy Birthday!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 65, fibriotic NSIP/05/PA

And

“mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No,

NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah and Sara

“I’m

gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca

Minor-periwinkle is my flower

JOE & JOANIE LAMENSKIE wrote:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine is also on April 17. WIll be 61!!! Who would have

believed it?

Joe

JOE & JOANIE LAMENSKIE

IPF

JAN. 2008

-------Original

Message-------

Rosenberg

Date:

4/4/2009 5:47:44 PM

Subject:

Re: Re: Shortness of Breath

Ken and Judy

Happy

Birthday

Pink Joyce IPF

3/06 Pennsylvania

Donate Life

Listed 1/09

www.transplantfund.org

Subject: Re: Re: Shortness of Breath

Date: Saturday, April 4, 2009, 5:11 PM

ken o.

cbayjpw <cbayjpw (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>

To:

Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

Sent:

Saturday, April 4, 2009 1:08:07 PM

Subject:

Re: Shortness of Breath

Good question. My lung surgeon was talking about a

bi-lateral transplant when I first met him in May 07. In Aug. 07 when I

made the transplant list it was just for one lung, which I believe was

a result of the Transplant Team revaiew of all my records. I suspect it

was partly because of my age-transplant was 8/22/07 and I will be 70 on

4/17/09. Also, I suspect they thought it would quicker to get me one

lung rather than 2, but I never asked. I got the left lung transplant

just 9 days after getting on the list. I still have IPF in my right

lung, but am not on oxygen; and my doctor said my left lung is doing

all the work and doing a great job.

Love and Aloha,

Judy (Ohio) IPF 11/06 TX 8/07

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hi,

> > > > > > I'm not certain at all why that happens

but what you

> > describe has

> > > > been

> > > > > happening to me since prior to my diagnosis.

It's almost

> > like a

> > > small

> > > > > involuntary gasp. Is that what you mean?

Unfortunately I

> > can't tell

> > > > you

> > > > > anything about what it is and why it happens.

No one has

> > ever been

> > > > able

> > > > > to tell me.

> > > > > > But you're not alone. Maybe someone else

will know.

> > Bruce???

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Beth

> > > > > > Moderator

> > > > > > Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __

> > > > > > From: vella_vesture bpello@

> > > > > > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

> > > > > > Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:07:01 PM

> > > > > > Subject: Shortness of

Breath

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I was diagnosed with polymyalgia

rheumatica in 1997.

> > At the onset

> > > I

> > > > > noticed I had shortness of breath upon lifting

heavy

> > objects and

> > > > > sweeping floor. It comes and goes and I even

have good

> > times when I

> > > > can

> > > > > walk a tred mill. I have not tested positive

for RA but

> > did have

> > > lung

> > > > > studies and have been diagnosed with pulmonay

fibrosis.

> > I am now

> > > > > experiencing something strange which can't get

a

> > satisfactory answer

> > > > > for. At rest I suddenly have a spasm of my

diaphragm

> > with causes me

> > > to

> > > > > take a sudden rapid deep breath. I have no

control over

> > this and it

> > > is

> > > > > getting painful. Any ideas of what is

happening. Thanks

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Happy birthday, Ken. I was 15 years old that day. May you many more birthdays. Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2009 5:11:19 PMSubject: Re: Re: Shortness of Breath

ken o.

floor. It comes and goes and I even have good> > times when I> > > > can> > > > > walk a tred mill. I have not tested positive for RA but> > did have> > > lung> > > > > studies and have been diagnosed with pulmonay fibrosis.> > I am now> > > > > experiencing something strange which can't get a> > satisfactory answer> > > > > for. At rest I suddenly have a spasm of my diaphragm> > with causes me> > > to> > > > > take a sudden rapid deep breath. I have no control over> > this and it> > > is> > > > > getting painful. Any ideas of what is happening. Thanks> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >>

>>

Guest guest

Happy birthday, Ken. I was 15 years old that day. May you many more birthdays. Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2009 5:11:19 PMSubject: Re: Re: Shortness of Breath

ken o.

floor. It comes and goes and I even have good> > times when I> > > > can> > > > > walk a tred mill. I have not tested positive for RA but> > did have> > > lung> > > > > studies and have been diagnosed with pulmonay fibrosis.> > I am now> > > > > experiencing something strange which can't get a> > satisfactory answer> > > > > for. At rest I suddenly have a spasm of my diaphragm> > with causes me> > > to> > > > > take a sudden rapid deep breath. I have no control over> > this and it> > > is> > > > > getting painful. Any ideas of what is happening. Thanks> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >>

>>

Guest guest

Try believing 80, Joe. I find it little different than 60, except for the IPF. I'll wish you an early happy birthday. Make it count. Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2009 7:17:06 PMSubject: Re: Re: Shortness of Breath

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! !!!!!!!

Joe

JOE & JOANIE LAMENSKIE

IPF JAN. 2008

-- Shortness of Breath> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > I was diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica in 1997.> > At the onset> > > I> > > > > noticed I had shortness of breath upon lifting heavy> > objects and> > > > > sweeping

>>

Guest guest

Try believing 80, Joe. I find it little different than 60, except for the IPF. I'll wish you an early happy birthday. Make it count. Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2009 7:17:06 PMSubject: Re: Re: Shortness of Breath

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! !!!!!!!

Joe

JOE & JOANIE LAMENSKIE

IPF JAN. 2008

-- Shortness of Breath> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > I was diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica in 1997.> > At the onset> > > I> > > > > noticed I had shortness of breath upon lifting heavy> > objects and> > > > > sweeping

>>

Guest guest

Aloha

i take it you are some where in Hawaii? which part?

ken o..

Guest guest

for sure Bruce.. I'm still trying to get my head around all this... You all are like a beacon of light in this sea of emotions

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2009 11:28:04 AMSubject: Re: Shortness of Breath

ColleenWordsmith or wordy? lol....We welcome you here. If the number of emails is overwhelming, lookingonly on weekends, then you may also receive them in digests or read onthe web. Everyone has their own preferences.> > > > >> > > > > Hi,> > > > > I'm not certain at all why that happens but what you> describe has> > > been> > > > happening to me since prior to my diagnosis. It's almost> like a> > small> > > > involuntary gasp. Is that what you mean? Unfortunately I> can't tell> > > you> > > > anything about what it is and why it

happens. No one has> ever been> > > able> > > > to tell me.> > > > > But you're not alone. Maybe someone else will know.> Bruce???> > > > >> > > > > Beth> > > > > Moderator> > > > > Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> > > > > From: vella_vesture bpello@> > > > > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > > > > Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:07:01 PM> > > > > Subject: Shortness of Breath> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > I was diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica in 1997.> At the

onset> > I> > > > noticed I had shortness of breath upon lifting heavy> objects and> > > > sweeping floor. It comes and goes and I even have good> times when I> > > can> > > > walk a tred mill. I have not tested positive for RA but> did have> > lung> > > > studies and have been diagnosed with pulmonay fibrosis.> I am now> > > > experiencing something strange which can't get a> satisfactory answer> > > > for. At rest I suddenly have a spasm of my diaphragm> with causes me> > to> > > > take a sudden rapid deep breath. I have no control over> this and it> > is> > > > getting painful. Any ideas of what is happening. Thanks> > > > >> > > >> > >>

>>