RemedySpot.com

Progesterone Cream

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Because it was the wrong hormone for me. I got tested and i tested Low DHEA

and testosterone. There is no one hormone or drug that works for everyone. We

are all different.

************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

How interesting!! Humm, wonder why that is?

Re: Progesterone Cream

It made me burn and itch..my breast hurt. I would never touch the stuff

again.

Guest guest

Certainly you should only use it if you are low and need it. Otherwise it would

probably cause unattractive symptoms....

I took a cream and LOVED it. It CURED my breast pains and aches. I will get my

levels checked again soon, I maybe should be on it right now but am not.

---------------------------------

Finding fabulous fares is fun.

Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel

bargains.

Guest guest

Sue,

I use it when I remember to! Not often enough, but once I accidentally put

some on and experienced the ONLY hot flash I have ever had! I am 53 and post

meno, and had always wondered what they felt like - now I know, LOL. I use it in

more moderate amounts with no problems at all; I was using it regularly for

quite a long time with no ill effects. It had no ill affects at all. I just need

to REMEMBER to use it!

C.

http://catherineshypohelljourney.blogspot.com/

http://www.youngliving.com - essential oils for health

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com

cccquilter53@...

Embroidery from the Heart

http://Embfromtheheart.etsy.com

Guest guest

You probably caused an imbalance, by adding progesterone if you didn't need

it, you lowered your ratio of progesterone to estrogen, and caused hot

flashes.

Progesterone gives me hot flashes, headaches, and makes my hair fall out. I

also have low estriol/estradiol levels.

Best,

http://www.ChestnutHillDesigns.com

Blog ~ http://shellyct.blogspot.com/

~One can always be kind to people about whom one cares nothing.~

-- Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

> I'm curious if you or anyone else notices any physical sensations after

> putting the cream on? I think it gave me a bit of a hot flash!

>

Guest guest

I must say I would be very very careful before messing with hormones, as

they literally govern everything in the body, and to imbalance them could

cause major problems. Dee

<'Tis not right, a woman going into such places by herself. " Granny nodded.

She thoroughly approved of such sentiments so long as there was, of course,

no suggestion that they applied to her.>

-- (Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)

-- Re: Progesterone Cream

You probably caused an imbalance, by adding progesterone if you didn't need

It, you lowered your ratio of progesterone to estrogen, and caused hot

Flashes.

Progesterone gives me hot flashes, headaches, and makes my hair fall out. I

Also have low estriol/estradiol levels.

Guest guest

Well, yes, but when there is no doubt that an imbalance already exists,

there may be something we can do to help correct the imbalance, while

hopefully working towards correcting the underlying causes as well. It may

not be appropriate for all women who are peri-menopausal, but I don't think

there is any question that many, many women have benefited from using

natural hormones. Myself included!

~

Re: Progesterone Cream

I must say I would be very very careful before messing with hormones, as

they literally govern everything in the body, and to imbalance them could

cause major problems. Dee

Guest guest

I agree 100%, Dee. That is why I mentioned it. I have tested before I

supplemented with ANY hormones (thyroid, cortisone, estrogen, progesterone).

However, in my personal case, because all my hormone levels are so low, I

tried E/P, but apparently I am uptaking P more than E because even

supplement balanced E/P based on my bloodwork, caused low-E symptoms.

What a tangled web we weave!

Best,

http://www.ChestnutHillDesigns.com

Blog ~ http://shellyct.blogspot.com/

~One can always be kind to people about whom one cares nothing.~

-- Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

>I must say I would be very very careful before messing with hormones, as

> they literally govern everything in the body, and to imbalance them could

> cause major problems. Dee

• 4 months later...

Hi Sheila

would you please send me the email address for the progesterone cream again - Ive looked back through messages and found it but cant pick up her email address - and lost the original in the change of emails. Sorry, and thanks,

Gill

Hi Gill

Here it is ben10@...

Luv - Sheila

Hi Sheila

would you please send me the email address for the progesterone cream again - Ive looked back through messages and found it but cant pick up her email address - and lost the original in the change of emails. Sorry, and thanks,

Gill

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.8/1154 - Release Date: 27/11/2007 11:40

Sheila, should all women use progesterone cream ?I have terrible PMT - so is it OK for me to try it ? Or do I need to consult the Dr ?Or is the PMT caused by my low thyroid ? many thanks - Mel xxOn 30 Nov 2007, at 13:41, jenny stenning wrote:Hi gill, You might also like to see http://www.progesterone.co.uk who supply Serenity which I have used for years with great benefit. It is dearer than jennybens ,but hers didn’t have the same benefit for me.

Thanks for the address Sheila and thank you too for the link. I would be interested in anyone's experience with progesterone cream - Im seriously considering trying it (which probably means I;ll send for some this weekend!), but I havent fully got my head around it all - but do think I have many of the symptoms associated with oestrogen dominance.

you mentioned that you had found the one you are using preferable to 's - I'd be very grateful if you would share your experience with these creams with me to help my decision!

Thanks muchly,

Gill

Hi Gill,

I was originally put onto Serenity by Dr. P when he changed me from thyroxine

to Armour and T3. I was trying to save money so thought it was worth trying the

Emerita.

Serenity is a smooth cream which is

not scented and is absorbed very quickly- nice to use. Stopped my hot flushes

immediately and I was able to reduce oestrogen gel by a half without any

problem.

Emerita is a much stickier cream, I

don’t know if it has lanolin in, but it felt a bit like that. I had to

use much more than was recommended to hold hot flushes at bay, and I just didn’t

feel so good- nothing specific, but ‘not quite myself’.

This is just my experience, and no

doubt others feel differently and do perfectly well on the emerita, but I think

that Serenity is worth the extra money- and it is much dearer.

Thanks for the address Sheila and

thank you too for the link. I would be interested in anyone's

experience with progesterone cream - Im seriously considering trying it (which

probably means I;ll send for some this weekend!), but I havent fully got my

head around it all - but do think I have many of the symptoms associated with

oestrogen dominance.

you mentioned that you had

found the one you are using preferable to 's - I'd be very grateful if you

would share your experience with these creams with me to help my decision!

Thanks muchly,

Gill

Gill

I did a lot of researach and tried various creams but finally settled

on Serenity cream which I get direct from USA - freephone

08000470935. I have found that it has more progesterone than other

creams so I apply less.

When I had my TSH tested at the doctors (TSH 3.1), he said my

estrogen was high and left it at that. I felt so ill at the time I

scoured the internet and found lots of info on estrogen dominance. I

tried the cream and after about one month I started to feel slightly

better. I still had lots of HypoT symptoms but they seems to be

slightly reduced. A year after I started with the cream I had

another TSH test which was 1.93.

I visited Dr P and the tests I had with him showed that my T3 was

below range indicating a T4-T3 conversion deficit - but my estrogen

was still high. My corsitol and DHEA levels were also high. So it

seems that my hormones are all over the place - are my adrenals

affecting my thyroid - or is my high estrogen to blame or is the

problem the conversion deficit?

The research seems to indicate that natural progesterone cream cannot

do longterm harm if it is used within the guidelines.

Thanks and for info on progesterone cream - Ive sent for some and will let you all know how i get on with it.

The dizziness I was getting has started up again but not as frequently - this is one of the symptoms that from my reading the progesterone cream might help with, also I have hypoglycaemic type symptoms - will the cream help with these symptoms?

Thanks,

Gill

Hi Gill

Remind me what dose of thyroid hormone you are taking and when this was last increased?

Luv - Sheila

Thanks and for info on progesterone cream - Ive sent for some and will let you all know how i get on with it.

The dizziness I was getting has started up again but not as frequently - this is one of the symptoms that from my reading the progesterone cream might help with, also I have hypoglycaemic type symptoms - will the cream help with these symptoms?

Thanks,

Gill

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.12/1163 - Release Date: 01/12/2007 12:05

Hi Sheila - Im on 75 mcg now, been on it about 6/8 months now, increased from 50 about 4 months ago. I will be grateful for your advice as I see Dr B (endo) tomorrow.

I didnt have any trouble increasing the dose from 50 to 75 and been better for the increase, and now Im wondering if I should have a further increase as I didnt have any hypo symptoms when I upped it. Dr B though said that 75 mcg might be all I could tolerate. My TSH was 2.5 and ft3 and ft4 both in range but low. I think that I naturally probably ran at quite a high level but that Ive been hypoT mildly for many years - had my TSH tested numerous times over the years!

My GP of course is twitchy that Im on thyroxine with my 'normal' results - but cant argue much as its the NHS endo who started me on it! But he (dont see the he GP if possible!) gets very twitchy about my BP and my fast pulse, but as I keep telling him Ive always had a fast pulse its nothing to do with the thyroxine.

Grateful for your thoughts as always,

Gill

Hi Gill

Remind me what dose of thyroid hormone you are taking and when this was last increased?

Luv - Sheila

When was the last time you had a blood test Gill, and if you are going to have another one today, make sure you don't take your thyroxine. You oreally should stop thyroid hormone replacement for as long as you dare, before having your blood drawn. Not sure, but it could be your adrenals are playing up and you might want to do our Adrenal Questionnaire in our files to see whether this could be the case. Are you taking any adrenal supplements at all? Don't bother talking to Dr B about your adrenals, he will probably just smile and pat you on the head as my endo. does to me.

Luv - Sheila

Hi Sheila - Im on 75 mcg now, been on it about 6/8 months now, increased from 50 about 4 months ago. I will be grateful for your advice as I see Dr B (endo) tomorrow.

I didnt have any trouble increasing the dose from 50 to 75 and been better for the increase, and now Im wondering if I should have a further increase as I didnt have any hypo symptoms when I upped it. Dr B though said that 75 mcg might be all I could tolerate. My TSH was 2.5 and ft3 and ft4 both in range but low. I think that I naturally probably ran at quite a high level but that Ive been hypoT mildly for many years - had my TSH tested numerous times over the years!

My GP of course is twitchy that Im on thyroxine with my 'normal' results - but cant argue much as its the NHS endo who started me on it! But he (dont see the he GP if possible!) gets very twitchy about my BP and my fast pulse, but as I keep telling him Ive always had a fast pulse its nothing to do with the thyroxine.

Gill

Hi Gill

Luv - Sheila

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.13/1167 - Release Date: 03/12/2007 12:20

Hi ,

Chicken and egg situation! This seems to be the first stage of

adrenal stress due most likely to your conversion problems. As your adrenals

are still capable of output , once the thyroid is properly supplemented with

enough T3 then the adrenals should calm down. See

http://www.virginiahopkinstestkits.com/cortisolzava.html

http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/ency/general_adaptation_syndrome.j

sp

I visited Dr P and the tests I had with him showed that my T3 was

below range indicating a T4-T3 conversion deficit - but my estrogen

was still high. My corsitol and DHEA levels were also high. So it

seems that my hormones are all over the place - are my adrenals

affecting my thyroid - or is my high estrogen to blame or is the

problem the conversion deficit?

Messages are not a substitute for professional medical advice. Always

consult with a suitably qualified practitioner before changing medication.

Hi sheila - I had my bloods done last week and didnt take my thyroxine for the day before or the morning of the test. Been today and endo was confused as my results were all worse than last time (didnt take it that morning either) when my dose was lower. Is this due to me not taking it for a couple of days, or is there another reason? Endo didnt elaborate but has suggested a thyroxine dose increase to 100 mcg which is what I was going to suggest.

Im not sure about trying adrenal stuff - am re-reading Dr Ps book but not sure that I feel it fits me - is there any particular reason why you think it might be adrenal related? Grateful for your advice as always.

Gill

When was the last time you had a blood test Gill, and if you are going to have another one today, make sure you don't take your thyroxine. You oreally should stop thyroid hormone replacement for as long as you dare, before having your blood drawn. Not sure, but it could be your adrenals are playing up and you might want to do our Adrenal Questionnaire in our files to see whether this could be the case. Are you taking any adrenal supplements at all? Don't bother talking to Dr B about your adrenals, he will probably just smile and pat you on the head as my endo. does to me.

Luv - Sheila

Gill

Hi Gill

Luv - Sheila

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.13/1167 - Release Date: 03/12/2007 12:20

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.13/1167 - Release Date: 03/12/07 12:20

HiGill

It is suggested that by not taking your thyroid hormone replacement for 24 hours before you have your blood taken, you get a true reading of what is happening, rather than a reading with fresh thyroxine being taken. I realise T4 has a short half life and there is always some still in your blood, but had you taken your T4 you would have had a completely different result and your doctor would have probably said that your blood was fine and to continue on 75 mcg. I am glad he has increased it. As a matter of interest, did you actually get the results and did he do a Free T3?

I mentioned about your adrenals probably being low because you complained of dizziness and not feeling 100% and this can often be because you have low adrenal reserve and your body cannot utilize the thyroxine as it should so you actually get a toxic feeling when too much thyroxine is circulating in your blood and not going anywhere. Did you do the adrenal questionnaire?

Luv - Sheila

Hi sheila - I had my bloods done last week and didnt take my thyroxine for the day before or the morning of the test. Been today and endo was confused as my results were all worse than last time (didnt take it that morning either) when my dose was lower. Is this due to me not taking it for a couple of days, or is there another reason? Endo didnt elaborate but has suggested a thyroxine dose increase to 100 mcg which is what I was going to suggest.

Im not sure about trying adrenal stuff - am re-reading Dr Ps book but not sure that I feel it fits me - is there any particular reason why you think it might be adrenal related? Grateful for your advice as always.

Gill

Luv - Sheila

Gill

Hi Gill

Luv - Sheila

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.13/1167 - Release Date: 03/12/07 12:20

• 3 weeks later...

>

> Hi all

>

> I have noticed a lot of questions about buying progesterone cream.I

> know it is a hormone cream but what is it used for?

>

> HI Frances, I use progesterone cream as it is a modulater and

it helps to balance your hormones. it`s proscribed to help with

PMT-PMS as this is though to balance dominance by having to much

oestrogen. PMT is caused by being hypo.doctors think PMS is linked to

your periods but they don`t really understand what it dos .

hormones are a trigger to antibodies attacking you, also it helps in

other ways. go to Dr lee`s web site for more info. hope this explains

a bit about it. angel.

>

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

Hi Frannie,

See http://www.serenity.co.uk for how to get it.

If you find it suits then you can ask them to send it on a 'standing'

order'.

Subject: Progesterone Cream

Cooooeeee,

If anyone has a best recommendation as to how to get hold of some, the

info will be very gratefully received :-)

------------------------------------

Messages are not a substitute for professional medical advice. Always

consult with a suitably qualified practitioner before changing

medication.

Guest guest

Hi Fran,

The web link to the suppliers of Serentity (Wellsprings Trading) is http://www.progesterone.co.uk/. The product is £17.99 delivered and usually takes about 14 days, sometimes quicker. I highly recommend you order some of their free leaflets at the same time as once you read them, you'll be wanting to give them to every woman you know! Also consider a copy of the "Natural Progesterone" book. At £7.50 it really will open your eyes!

xx

PS: My original In House order still hasn't arrived either - nor has the replacement, though that should be here next week! Ordered some from International Pharmacy now just in case!!!! It is quite a bit more expensive but I'll be starting my meds in two weeks time so don't want to take any risks!!!

>> Hi Frannie,> See http://www.serenity.co.uk for how to get it.> If you find it suits then you can ask them to send it on a 'standing'> order'.> > > > Subject: Progesterone Cream> > Cooooeeee,> > If anyone has a best recommendation as to how to get hold of some, the> info will be very gratefully received :-)> >>