then 10 mgs onward

the goal is 10 mgs

when i first met this doc, i was on 10 mgs and she reduced it to 7.5 mgs

but there have been changes since then so the goal is 10 mgs

ps-- I was up to 40 mgs

Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Donate Life Listed 1/09

www.transplantfund.org---

Subject: (unknown)To: "Lung" <Breathe-Support >Date: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 4:47 PM

Hello all Hope everyone is enjoying there Sunday!! I have a question. I am on 2omg of Prednisone and want to go off does anybody know what is the typical step down dosage?

Thanks guys Walt on Whidbey

Nsip,uip,IPF 06

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.â€

Guest guest

Walt

talk to your doc about weaning prednisone

the plan for me is 20 mgs for 1 month

15 mgs for 1 month

then 10 mgs onward

the goal is 10 mgs

when i first met this doc, i was on 10 mgs and she reduced it to 7.5 mgs

but there have been changes since then so the goal is 10 mgs

ps-- I was up to 40 mgs

Donate Life Listed 1/09

Subject: (unknown)To: "Lung" <Breathe-Support >Date: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 4:47 PM

Hello all Hope everyone is enjoying there Sunday!! I have a question. I am on 2omg of Prednisone and want to go off does anybody know what is the typical step down dosage?

Nsip,uip,IPF 06

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.â€

Guest guest

I agree with you jim

i am glad prednisone exists, i feel so much better with it

Donate Life Listed 1/09

Subject: Re: (unknown)To: Breathe-Support Date: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 5:14 PM

Hey Walt........ "typical"... ...that could be tough.....my max was 40mg and that was 3 to 4 years ago. My pulmo then wanted to get me off altogether. We tried various formulas. From 40 down to 15 or 20 was pretty straight forward. From there on it got very complicated. I actually got down to 7mg one time, and that was down from 10mg by 1mg per month. Everytime I get sick my #1 complaint is that my lungs feel like they are filling..... .can't lay flat to sleep, etc, and prednisone is the only thing that works, and it works great and quick. I've been on it for 4 years, currently on 20mg, and I don't even care anymore. My doc would like me to come down, and I may, to 10 or 15.......at this point prednisone and it's side effects are the least of my worries..... Good luck with it !!

jim

From: WS <island_walt@ yahoo.com>Subject: (unknown)To: "Lung" <Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com>Date: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 12:47 PM

Nsip,uip,IPF 06

Guest guest

I agree with you jim

Donate Life Listed 1/09

Hey Walt........ "typical"... ...that could be tough.....my max was 40mg and that was 3 to 4 years ago. My pulmo then wanted to get me off altogether. We tried various formulas. From 40 down to 15 or 20 was pretty straight forward. From there on it got very complicated. I actually got down to 7mg one time, and that was down from 10mg by 1mg per month. Everytime I get sick my #1 complaint is that my lungs feel like they are filling..... .can't lay flat to sleep, etc, and prednisone is the only thing that works, and it works great and quick. I've been on it for 4 years, currently on 20mg, and I don't even care anymore. My doc would like me to come down, and I may, to 10 or 15.......at this point prednisone and it's side effects are the least of my worries..... Good luck with it !!

jim

From: WS <island_walt@ yahoo.com>Subject: (unknown)To: "Lung" <Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com>Date: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 12:47 PM

Nsip,uip,IPF 06

Guest guest

I agree with you jim

Donate Life Listed 1/09

jim

Nsip,uip,IPF 06

Guest guest

Nice to meet you Fay. You are a true inspiration to me. I am glad you decided to join us!! CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08 SJOGREN SYNDROME 07/08 POLYMYOSITIS/DERMATOMYOSITIS 03/09 CANCER OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN 03/09Mississippi

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 7:15:32 PMSubject: (unknown)

Hi! I have been a lurker for more than a year. Somehow that makes me feel guilty, but I really didn't have much to say. Now I must tell Jack what a nice message he posted and how nice were the follow up messages. I have Jack beat by a few months--I turned 80 in August. I was diagnosed about 11 years ago by my family doctor who looked at a routine xray and knew what it was --- he sent me to a pulmo who had the CT stuff done and seemed okay, but promptly put me on huge doses of prednisone and all kinds of inhalants. When my family doctor heard that, he actually said "What the hell is he doing stuffing you with all that stuff? " So, to the Mayo clinic in sdale (I live in Mesa AZ) more tests, no meds at all except when I got my yearly cold in January. Then either a short course of pred or an antibiotic. The point I'm making is that little change for about nine years. Then increasing short of breath and have been on oxygen for about 2 years now

andinceasing doses every few months. Now 3 or 4 to walk or to sleep and 2 or 3 to sit around. I feel decent most of the time but I have finally decreased my bridge playing, water aerobics and volunteer work at the library. Now I read, do crosswwords, jigsaw puzzles, . The reason I am finally getting around to writing is to mention that like most of you I had never heard of PF--stopped at the library on my way home from the doc. It was a wow experience. My mother was especially devastated, but so was my husband, four sons and their families. I slowly got used to the idea that I had a rotten disease, but since not too much happened for most of the years since I didn't think about it much. I do now because of the rotten oxygen hoses that are always catching on things. but just think! Most of do not have the horrid pain that so many people my age go through. I still feel lucky and I support what Jack and Brusce and so many others have said. Life is

stillGOOD.By the way, I have an extra battery for a Sequel Eclipse, I would be glad to mail to any of you who use that machine and would like an extra battery--first to ask gets it. I loved it and we found it great for trips and full time use at home. I was really sorry to have to give it up. My name is Fay. I do read the entries and I really apppreciate what I havelearned from you all. Keep up you sage advice and good cheer. Thanks

Guest guest

Nice to meet you Fay. You are a true inspiration to me. I am glad you decided to join us!! CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08 SJOGREN SYNDROME 07/08 POLYMYOSITIS/DERMATOMYOSITIS 03/09 CANCER OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN 03/09Mississippi

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 7:15:32 PMSubject: (unknown)

Hi! I have been a lurker for more than a year. Somehow that makes me feel guilty, but I really didn't have much to say. Now I must tell Jack what a nice message he posted and how nice were the follow up messages. I have Jack beat by a few months--I turned 80 in August. I was diagnosed about 11 years ago by my family doctor who looked at a routine xray and knew what it was --- he sent me to a pulmo who had the CT stuff done and seemed okay, but promptly put me on huge doses of prednisone and all kinds of inhalants. When my family doctor heard that, he actually said "What the hell is he doing stuffing you with all that stuff? " So, to the Mayo clinic in sdale (I live in Mesa AZ) more tests, no meds at all except when I got my yearly cold in January. Then either a short course of pred or an antibiotic. The point I'm making is that little change for about nine years. Then increasing short of breath and have been on oxygen for about 2 years now

andinceasing doses every few months. Now 3 or 4 to walk or to sleep and 2 or 3 to sit around. I feel decent most of the time but I have finally decreased my bridge playing, water aerobics and volunteer work at the library. Now I read, do crosswwords, jigsaw puzzles, . The reason I am finally getting around to writing is to mention that like most of you I had never heard of PF--stopped at the library on my way home from the doc. It was a wow experience. My mother was especially devastated, but so was my husband, four sons and their families. I slowly got used to the idea that I had a rotten disease, but since not too much happened for most of the years since I didn't think about it much. I do now because of the rotten oxygen hoses that are always catching on things. but just think! Most of do not have the horrid pain that so many people my age go through. I still feel lucky and I support what Jack and Brusce and so many others have said. Life is

stillGOOD.By the way, I have an extra battery for a Sequel Eclipse, I would be glad to mail to any of you who use that machine and would like an extra battery--first to ask gets it. I loved it and we found it great for trips and full time use at home. I was really sorry to have to give it up. My name is Fay. I do read the entries and I really apppreciate what I havelearned from you all. Keep up you sage advice and good cheer. Thanks

Guest guest

Hi Fay...welcome to our group!

Sounds like you've done really well in those 11 years. I turned 70 Aug 4.

I was dx (diagnosed) 3-06 and have been fairly stable until lately. I too am on O2...exertion and at night.

I read and do crosswords and jumbles and a lot of handwork.

Glad to have you with us Fay.

Keep on keepin' on

MamaSher; 70, IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

(unknown)

Hi! I have been a lurker for more than a year. Somehow that makes me feel guilty, but I really didn't have much to say. Now I must tell Jack what a nice message he posted and how nice were the follow up messages. I have Jack beat by a few months--I turned 80 in August. I was diagnosed about 11 years ago by my family doctor who looked at a routine xray and knew what it was --- he sent me to a pulmo who had the CT stuff done and seemed okay, but promptly put me on huge doses of prednisone and all kinds of inhalants. When my family doctor heard that, he actually said "What the hell is he doing stuffing you with all that stuff? " So, to the Mayo clinic in sdale (I live in Mesa AZ) more tests, no meds at all except when I got my yearly cold in January. Then either a short course of pred or an antibiotic. The point I'm making is that little change for about nine years. Then increasing short of breath and have been on oxygen for about 2 years now andinceasing doses every few months. Now 3 or 4 to walk or to sleep and 2 or 3 to sit around. I feel decent most of the time but I have finally decreased my bridge playing, water aerobics and volunteer work at the library. Now I read, do crosswwords, jigsaw puzzles, . The reason I am finally getting around to writing is to mention that like most of you I had never heard of PF--stopped at the library on my way home from the doc. It was a wow experience. My mother was especially devastated, but so was my husband, four sons and their families. I slowly got used to the idea that I had a rotten disease, but since not too much happened for most of the years since I didn't think about it much. I do now because of the rotten oxygen hoses that are always catching on things. but just think! Most of do not have the horrid pain that so many people my age go through. I still feel lucky and I support what Jack and Brusce and so many others have said. Life is stillGOOD.By the way, I have an extra battery for a Sequel Eclipse, I would be glad to mail to any of you who use that machine and would like an extra battery--first to ask gets it. I loved it and we found it great for trips and full time use at home. I was really sorry to have to give it up. My name is Fay. I do read the entries and I really apppreciate what I havelearned from you all. Keep up you sage advice and good cheer. Thanks

Guest guest

Fay, at last an older woamn! One of my unfulfilled fantasies. Welcome to the group. They need more of us oldies to show them the way to a fuller life, PF nor no PF. Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 8:15:32 PMSubject: (unknown)

Guest guest

Fay...that sounds wonderful!

MamaSher; 70, IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

(unknown)

Hi==it's Fay. I taught at Bowdin College for two summers and my husband Bill joined for a three week visit all over Maine including Acadia Park Wonderful. We will join you on your wonderful picnic. WE'll bring the brie and the cold chardonay.

Guest guest

You aare welcome. All members of this group are welcome. It's fantasy time! Let's set a time and date

that we can all meet and have our picnic in our individual fantasy lands, free of disease and free to celebrate ourselves. Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Friday, April 3, 2009 6:23:35 PMSubject: (unknown)

Hi==it's Fay. I taught at Bowdin College for two summers and my husband Bill joined for a three week visit all over Maine including Acadia Park Wonderful. We will join you on your wonderful picnic. WE'll bring the brie and the cold chardonay.

Guest guest

OK Jack....Let's do an EASTER picnic! Easy to remember.... I'm ready.......

come join us everyone. Whatcha bringin'?

(unknown)

Guest guest

(unknown)

Guest guest

(unknown)

Guest guest

Jack, We have been to Acadia National Park

and it's gorgeous!!!!

We'll bring the Philadelphia hoagies!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 65, fibriotic NSIP/05/PA

And

“mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No,

NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah and Sara

“I’m

gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca

Minor-periwinkle is my flower

Jack Marshall wrote:

You aare welcome. All members of this group are welcome. It's

fantasy time! Let's set a time and date

that we can all meet and have our picnic in our individual

fantasy lands, free of disease and free to celebrate ourselves.

Jack

79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

Metcalf <faybil1 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>

To: Breathe-Support

Sent: Friday, April 3,

2009 6:23:35 PM

Subject:

(unknown)

Hi==it's Fay. I taught at Bowdin College for two summers and my husband

Bill joined for a three week visit all over Maine including Acadia Park

Wonderful. We will join you on your wonderful picnic. WE'll bring the

brie and the cold chardonay.

Guest guest

and it's gorgeous!!!!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

And

No,

Potter,

“I’m

Vinca

Jack Marshall wrote:

Jack

Subject:

(unknown)

Guest guest

and it's gorgeous!!!!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

And

No,

Potter,

“I’m

Vinca

Jack Marshall wrote:

Jack

Subject:

(unknown)

Guest guest

and Jack

don't forget about philly steak sandwiches and Tasty Kake

Donate Life Listed 1/09

Subject: Re: (unknown)To: Breathe-Support Date: Saturday, April 4, 2009, 3:56 PM

Jack, We have been to Acadia National Park and it's gorgeous!!!!We'll bring the Philadelphia hoagies!

And “mild†PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah and Sara

“I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion†Bob Marley

Vinca Minor-periwinkle is my flower

Jack Marshall wrote:

You aare welcome. All members of this group are welcome. It's fantasy time! Let's set a time and date

that we can all meet and have our picnic in our individual fantasy lands, free of disease and free to celebrate ourselves. Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

From: Metcalf <faybil1 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Friday, April 3, 2009 6:23:35 PMSubject: (unknown)

Guest guest

and Jack

Donate Life Listed 1/09

Subject: Re: (unknown)To: Breathe-Support Date: Saturday, April 4, 2009, 3:56 PM

Jack, We have been to Acadia National Park and it's gorgeous!!!!We'll bring the Philadelphia hoagies!

And “mild†PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah and Sara

“I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion†Bob Marley

Vinca Minor-periwinkle is my flower

Jack Marshall wrote:

From: Metcalf <faybil1 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Friday, April 3, 2009 6:23:35 PMSubject: (unknown)

Guest guest

Pink Joyce, Oops...I almost forgot

them!!!  Soft salty pretzels with yellow mustard too!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

And

“mild†PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No,

Potter,

“I’m

gonna be iron like a lion in Zionâ€Â  Bob Marley

Vinca

Joyce T Rosenberg wrote:

and Jack

Pink Joyce IPF 3/06  Pennsylvania

Donate Life

Listed 1/09

www.transplantfund.org

You aare welcome.  All members of this group are

welcome.  It's fantasy time!  Let's set a time and date

that we can all meet and have our picnic in our

individual fantasy lands, free of disease and free to celebrate

ourselves.

Jack

To:

Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

Sent:

Friday, April 3, 2009 6:23:35 PM

Subject:

(unknown)

Guest guest

Pink Joyce, Oops...I almost forgot

them!!!  Soft salty pretzels with yellow mustard too!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

And

“mild†PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No,

Potter,

“I’m

gonna be iron like a lion in Zionâ€Â  Bob Marley

Vinca

Joyce T Rosenberg wrote:

and Jack

Pink Joyce IPF 3/06  Pennsylvania

Donate Life

Listed 1/09

www.transplantfund.org

You aare welcome.  All members of this group are

welcome.  It's fantasy time!  Let's set a time and date

that we can all meet and have our picnic in our

individual fantasy lands, free of disease and free to celebrate

ourselves.

Jack

To:

Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

Sent:

Friday, April 3, 2009 6:23:35 PM

Subject:

(unknown)

Guest guest

Easter Sunday it is, Sher. I've made a list of what others are bringing. I'll post my personal preferences later. Wear your Sunday best, but casual. Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2009 12:11:07 PMSubject: Re: (unknown)

OK Jack....Let' s do an EASTER picnic! Easy to remember.... I'm ready.......

(unknown)

Guest guest

Easter Sunday it is, Sher. I've made a list of what others are bringing. I'll post my personal preferences later. Wear your Sunday best, but casual. Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2009 12:11:07 PMSubject: Re: (unknown)

OK Jack....Let' s do an EASTER picnic! Easy to remember.... I'm ready.......

(unknown)

Guest guest

Hey jack, are you picking up on this picnic menu? Hmmmm

(unknown)

Guest guest

I sent you a picture of my 'Easter Bonnet' Jack, Ain't it purty?

Hey ML, you started this picnic, what are you bringing?

(unknown)