Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

New Member

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Guest guest

i think most of the world is moving towards the same standards and

stuff. i've got some cousins in the carribean...since cable, i've

noticed they've been losing their accents!

have you had any difficulty going through airport security with a

pump? do you disconnect to go through? i went to PA earlier this

year, and the x-ray people were unfamiliar with injector pens.

would love to go on a cruise, have never been on one!

rach

> Hey ,

> I travel just within the US, and mostly in the midwest, but it all

> depends sometimes. China, huh? Well that's quite a trip! I don't

> travel much out of the country, but I have been to Australia. I

take

> cruises, but that's usually to Mexico or places warm, and it

doesn't

> even seem like places that are much different from here.

>

> Craig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

In a message dated 6/21/2004 7:25:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,

dreamy281967@... writes:

Hello Craig,

Not to worry, I have typos all the time, I say my fingers are dyslexic..

hehe. Yea I know things will improve I work in the medical field, but learn

new

things everyday about this disease. It was good to hear from you. And dont

worry about the typos I can read past them Chat soon, Tammi

Hi Tammi, just had to laugh at the dyslexic finger comment! I look up often

and see the letters in reverse. Mine must be dyslexic also! LOL Hugs, Marilyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Rach,

I normally disconnect my pump before going through security....just

trying to avoid any major delays, then I'll just slip into the men's

room on the way to the terminal. I carry a pen with me in my

computer bag but have never had snyone ask me about it. I used to

carry suringes with me as well (besore I had my pump) and never had

any problems.

Well, cruises are fun (especially If you are single..lol) and since

9/11, they are relatively inexpensive. But If I had my choice, I

would choose a China trip anyday...:)

Craig

> > Hey ,

> > I travel just within the US, and mostly in the midwest, but it

all

> > depends sometimes. China, huh? Well that's quite a trip! I don't

> > travel much out of the country, but I have been to Australia. I

> take

> > cruises, but that's usually to Mexico or places warm, and it

> doesn't

> > even seem like places that are much different from here.

> >

> > Craig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Hello Craig,

Not to worry, I have typos all the time, I say my fingers are dyslexic.. hehe.

Yea I know things will improve I work in the medical field, but learn new

things everyday about this disease. It was good to hear from you. And dont worry

about the typos I can read past them Chat soon, Tammi

Craig cole_us_1@...> wrote:

Please excuse the typos.....got a new keyboard and trying to get

used to it.(that's my excuse anyway...:) )

> > > Thought I would stop and introduce myself and say thanks for

the

> > > invite. My name is Craig and I am a 36 year old bachelor who

was

> > > diagnosed with type 1 diabtes 24 years ago. I started using an

> > > insulin pump about a year ago. Being that I travel with my job

> > (and

> > > am often on the go), it has been a very positive experience. I

> > think

> > > the idea of a forum like this one is a great way to share

> > > experiences and ask questions.

> > > Thanks for having me,

> > > Craig

> >

> >

> >

> > pancreatitis info

> > http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ThePancreatitisPlace/

> >

> > diabetic recipes

> > http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/diabetic_recipes/

> >

> >

> >

> >

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Tammi,

Yeah, my hands are pretty dyslexic as well. I work in the medical

field also, but have been on the business side of things for a

private compant for quite some time. It was good to hear from you as

well. It's good to know that you are in the medical gield, since

when I was diagnosed my mom had ro learn about a disease that she

knew littke about, which is the case for alot of families of course.

Take Care,

Craig

> > > > Thought I would stop and introduce myself and say thanks for

> the

> > > > invite. My name is Craig and I am a 36 year old bachelor who

> was

> > > > diagnosed with type 1 diabtes 24 years ago. I started using

an

> > > > insulin pump about a year ago. Being that I travel with my

job

> > > (and

> > > > am often on the go), it has been a very positive experience.

I

> > > think

> > > > the idea of a forum like this one is a great way to share

> > > > experiences and ask questions.

> > > > Thanks for having me,

> > > > Craig

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > pancreatitis info

> > > http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ThePancreatitisPlace/

> > >

> > > diabetic recipes

> > > http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/diabetic_recipes/

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

hey...when you say a pen...do you mean an injector pen? do you

inject sometimes even though you have a pump? i've been wondering if

there should ever be an *emergency* situation, if a person can just

switch to shots. well, i suppose they'd have to, but i was wondering

how hard that would be.

but, hmm...you say cruises are fun for singles? well, then i shall

have to try one! go see the fjords or something! :)

rach

> Rach,

> I normally disconnect my pump before going through

security....just

> trying to avoid any major delays, then I'll just slip into the

men's

> room on the way to the terminal. I carry a pen with me in my

> computer bag but have never had snyone ask me about it. I used to

> carry suringes with me as well (besore I had my pump) and never

had

> any problems.

> Well, cruises are fun (especially If you are single..lol) and

since

> 9/11, they are relatively inexpensive. But If I had my choice, I

> would choose a China trip anyday...:)

>

> Craig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Craig,

What part of the medical field do you work in if I may ask, I work for a group

of family practice doctors, doing thier billing, and getting all the tests

scheduled at the hospital. When my daughter was diagnosed with diabetes, I knew

little about it, but I learn more and more every day. I am thankful I was

invited to this site, its very awesome. Good to hear from you again. Tammi

Craig cole_us_1@...> wrote:

Tammi,

Yeah, my hands are pretty dyslexic as well. I work in the medical

field also, but have been on the business side of things for a

private compant for quite some time. It was good to hear from you as

well. It's good to know that you are in the medical gield, since

when I was diagnosed my mom had ro learn about a disease that she

knew littke about, which is the case for alot of families of course.

Take Care,

Craig

> > > > Thought I would stop and introduce myself and say thanks for

> the

> > > > invite. My name is Craig and I am a 36 year old bachelor who

> was

> > > > diagnosed with type 1 diabtes 24 years ago. I started using

an

> > > > insulin pump about a year ago. Being that I travel with my

job

> > > (and

> > > > am often on the go), it has been a very positive experience.

I

> > > think

> > > > the idea of a forum like this one is a great way to share

> > > > experiences and ask questions.

> > > > Thanks for having me,

> > > > Craig

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > pancreatitis info

> > > http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ThePancreatitisPlace/

> > >

> > > diabetic recipes

> > > http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/diabetic_recipes/

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Tammi,

I actually work in the radiology field. The company I work for

operates medical imaging centers (MRI, Cat Scan...etc) accross the

country. Yep, this site seems to be very helpful and informative

whether you are a diabetic or have a family member that is.

Craig

> > > > > Thought I would stop and introduce myself and say thanks

for

> > the

> > > > > invite. My name is Craig and I am a 36 year old bachelor

who

> > was

> > > > > diagnosed with type 1 diabtes 24 years ago. I started

using

> an

> > > > > insulin pump about a year ago. Being that I travel with my

> job

> > > > (and

> > > > > am often on the go), it has been a very positive

experience.

> I

> > > > think

> > > > > the idea of a forum like this one is a great way to share

> > > > > experiences and ask questions.

> > > > > Thanks for having me,

> > > > > Craig

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > pancreatitis info

> > > > http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ThePancreatitisPlace/

> > > >

> > > > diabetic recipes

> > > > http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/diabetic_recipes/

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

rach,

Teah, I carry one in case for some reason I have a problem with my

pump. Have only had to use it once, but it never hurts to have a

back-up.

As far as a cruise goes, you should try it if ya get a chance to. I

went on my first one a couple years ago and have been back every

year since! Gives you a chance to meet all different kinds of people

and visit more than one destination.

Craig

> > Rach,

> > I normally disconnect my pump before going through

> security....just

> > trying to avoid any major delays, then I'll just slip into the

> men's

> > room on the way to the terminal. I carry a pen with me in my

> > computer bag but have never had snyone ask me about it. I used

to

> > carry suringes with me as well (besore I had my pump) and never

> had

> > any problems.

> > Well, cruises are fun (especially If you are single..lol) and

> since

> > 9/11, they are relatively inexpensive. But If I had my choice, I

> > would choose a China trip anyday...:)

> >

> > Craig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Cathy, it's good to see you here. This is certainly the right place for you

to come. If you will start losing weight and let us know how you are doing

you'll find out that your blood glucose level will come down. Keep posting. We

want you to be our friend. Hugs, Lota

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Hi Cathy,

I'm a new member also and over weight. I am in the process of trying to figure

what to eat to keep sugar level even. Someone told me of a great site to try so

you can have your food intake calulated. I have done it all day long and it is

sooooo helpful and motivating.

http://www.FitDay.com Join for free. You get each food with calories, fat

grams, etc. Fast foods broke down also. Have a great evening,

Hugz, Joan

Cathy cmer52000@...> wrote:

Hello to All, Want to introduce myself, you can e mail me at any time

should you wish to, I am a 51 yr old Single Female, Obese, last

weight in at 278, and was told I had Diabetes just over a month ago.

I have known other family members with it but thought It would have

skipped a generation!, well so much for those thought's authough I

have gained alot of weight which helped things along over the last

ten years or so with not so much of a smattering of exercise!.. so

there's my story. Cathy

pancreatitis info

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ThePancreatitisPlace/

diabetic recipes

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/diabetic_recipes/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Jo,

You sound just like me 27 years ago. You have to keep bothering the docs

until you find one to LISTEN. I unfortunately gave up and that was after they

finally apologized seeing the results of my glucose tolerance test. They

gave me a diagnosis and then did nothing! Now it has run it's course and I have

diabetes. Great, let's wait till someone is really sick and then pump them

full of meds. Perhaps it could have been avoided or at least dealt with at an

earlier stage.

My advice to you is to learn everything you can about imparied glucose

metabolism. Put it together the best way it fits into your lifestyle and stick

with it.

Good luck,

Gail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Welcome Joe,

My name is Tammi, my daughter is 10 and diabetic type 1. I cant offer much

advise for you, except to stay on your doctor to see what is going on with your

levels. Test your level as soon as you wake up, which would be a fasting level,

and keep track of them, so the doctor can see what they are after not eating all

night. We have been dealing with diabeties for a year and I have a lot to

learn. I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do. God Bless, Tammi

joeelliottjr Joeslep@...> wrote:

Thanks for the invite. Hopefully, this group can come in handy for

me.

I'm 30 years old, and I have been dealing with the symptoms of

Diabetes for almost half a year now. I do know that I have low blood

sugar. Diabetes runs in my family. My Aunt and her daughter have

it, and they had the same symptoms that I have, but it took my Aunt's

doctor 10 years to diagnose it. I'm not waiting that long.

In fact, I'm waiting on call back from my doctor today, hopefully. I

only found out about the low sugar, because my last doctor did the

glucose tolerance test, and that's how it was found. I tested myself

for a while, and my numbers were all over the place. I haven't

tested in a long time, because nobody seems to think that I have

anything wrong, yet, I get dizzy, headachy, tired, eat and drink a

lot, use the restroom a lot, and I have been trying to lose weight.

But, when I started the low carb deal, because my stomach couldn't

handle much, (which I think is connected with the sugar, by the way),

that's when I dropped 14 pounds. I have been trying since Janurary,

and I started the low carbs about March/April, and that's when I lost

the weight.

How do I approach my doctor with my suspicions, especially when they

are so afraid to diagnose it? I'm going back to school in August,

and I don't want it to be so interfering that I end up missing

classes because of it. Thanks.

Jo

pancreatitis info

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ThePancreatitisPlace/

diabetic recipes

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/diabetic_recipes/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

For the benefit of all on the list...If you can afford it some how or if you

have insurance...The following is a list of medical professionals all really

diabetic persons need to see...If you are type 1, you should not ignore

diabetes. I will list in relative order of importance....

1) Endocrinologist

2) Diabetes Educator

3) Dietician

4) Lipids Manager-Cardiology Dept.

5) Podiatrist

6) Eye Doctor

7) General Practitioner

I must be lucky to live where I do....Tons of support---none of these

problems...I'll say this much although....I did initiate all my health services.

I went to a GP and asked for diabetes testing who tested and sent me to

Diabetes Education and Dietician.....After a year or two I suggested I wanted to

increase the intensity of my diabetes control and was referred to my

Endocrinologist....I now follow the list I made above annually each year .

Re: [alldiabeticinternational] New member

Jo,

You sound just like me 27 years ago. You have to keep bothering the docs

until you find one to LISTEN. I unfortunately gave up and that was after they

finally apologized seeing the results of my glucose tolerance test. They

gave me a diagnosis and then did nothing! Now it has run it's course and I

have

diabetes. Great, let's wait till someone is really sick and then pump them

full of meds. Perhaps it could have been avoided or at least dealt with at an

earlier stage.

My advice to you is to learn everything you can about imparied glucose

metabolism. Put it together the best way it fits into your lifestyle and

stick

with it.

Good luck,

Gail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Hello Jo,

I am kinda new here too, well I have been here for a little bit but I

wanted to say Welcome and I hope you like the group as much as I do.

I ask alot question ( or so I think I do ) but the people here are so

nice and they answer them for me. I don't know a whole lot about

diabetes , still learning, so that is why this group comes in handy

for me.

Beth

> Thanks for the invite. Hopefully, this group can come in handy for

> me.

>

> Jo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Thanks. That's what I'm doing. It just seems to be getting worse, and it's

like no one wants to deal with it. In fact, my former doctor thought I was

depressed instead! I may demand another glucose tolerance test. My doctor now,

first thought that I meant high sugar when I told him about the results, so

there is a chance that he could do it anyway. Thanks again.

Jo

> Jo,

> You sound just like me 27 years ago. You have to keep bothering the docs

> until you find one to LISTEN. I unfortunately gave up and that was after they

> finally apologized seeing the results of my glucose tolerance test. They

> gave me a diagnosis and then did nothing! Now it has run it's course and I

have

> diabetes. Great, let's wait till someone is really sick and then pump them

> full of meds. Perhaps it could have been avoided or at least dealt with at an

> earlier stage.

> My advice to you is to learn everything you can about imparied glucose

> metabolism. Put it together the best way it fits into your lifestyle and

stick

> with it.

> Good luck,

> Gail

>

>

>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Tammi,

I was never told to actually test. I took it upon myself to see what my leves

were and they seem to be all over the place. And I could have a real big meal,

and be hungry an hour later.

My doctor's office will get back to me, because I did mention it to them

yesterday, when they called with my blood results. Thanks again for the

welcome.

Jo

> Thanks for the invite. Hopefully, this group can come in handy for

> me.

>

> I'm 30 years old, and I have been dealing with the symptoms of

> Diabetes for almost half a year now. I do know that I have low blood

> sugar. Diabetes runs in my family. My Aunt and her daughter have

> it, and they had the same symptoms that I have, but it took my Aunt's

> doctor 10 years to diagnose it. I'm not waiting that long.

>

> In fact, I'm waiting on call back from my doctor today, hopefully. I

> only found out about the low sugar, because my last doctor did the

> glucose tolerance test, and that's how it was found. I tested myself

> for a while, and my numbers were all over the place. I haven't

> tested in a long time, because nobody seems to think that I have

> anything wrong, yet, I get dizzy, headachy, tired, eat and drink a

> lot, use the restroom a lot, and I have been trying to lose weight.

> But, when I started the low carb deal, because my stomach couldn't

> handle much, (which I think is connected with the sugar, by the way),

> that's when I dropped 14 pounds. I have been trying since Janurary,

> and I started the low carbs about March/April, and that's when I lost

> the weight.

>

> How do I approach my doctor with my suspicions, especially when they

> are so afraid to diagnose it? I'm going back to school in August,

> and I don't want it to be so interfering that I end up missing

> classes because of it. Thanks.

>

> Jo

>

>

>

>

> pancreatitis info

> http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ThePancreatitisPlace/

>

> diabetic recipes

> http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/diabetic_recipes/

>

>

>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Jo, when you say your levels were all over the place, can you

elaborate? When did you test, (e.g., when you got up in the morning,

before meals, 1 or 2 hours after meals, bedtime, etc.) and what were

the readings?

Christy

> > Thanks for the invite. Hopefully, this group can come in handy

for

> > me.

> >

> > I'm 30 years old, and I have been dealing with the symptoms of

> > Diabetes for almost half a year now. I do know that I have low

blood

> > sugar. Diabetes runs in my family. My Aunt and her daughter

have

> > it, and they had the same symptoms that I have, but it took my

Aunt's

> > doctor 10 years to diagnose it. I'm not waiting that long.

> >

> > In fact, I'm waiting on call back from my doctor today,

hopefully. I

> > only found out about the low sugar, because my last doctor did

the

> > glucose tolerance test, and that's how it was found. I tested

myself

> > for a while, and my numbers were all over the place. I haven't

> > tested in a long time, because nobody seems to think that I have

> > anything wrong, yet, I get dizzy, headachy, tired, eat and drink

a

> > lot, use the restroom a lot, and I have been trying to lose

weight.

> > But, when I started the low carb deal, because my stomach

couldn't

> > handle much, (which I think is connected with the sugar, by the

way),

> > that's when I dropped 14 pounds. I have been trying since

Janurary,

> > and I started the low carbs about March/April, and that's when I

lost

> > the weight.

> >

> > How do I approach my doctor with my suspicions, especially when

they

> > are so afraid to diagnose it? I'm going back to school in

August,

> > and I don't want it to be so interfering that I end up missing

> > classes because of it. Thanks.

> >

> > Jo

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > pancreatitis info

> > http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ThePancreatitisPlace/

> >

> > diabetic recipes

> > http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/diabetic_recipes/

> >

> >

> >

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

I tested in the morning, about two and a half hours after eating, and

before bed.

Some morning readings were around 70, where others would be around

100. A few times, a couple hours after eating, I had a couple of 180

readings. That's what I mean, when I say that they were all over the

place.

Jo

> > > Thanks for the invite. Hopefully, this group can come in handy

> for

> > > me.

> > >

> > > I'm 30 years old, and I have been dealing with the symptoms of

> > > Diabetes for almost half a year now. I do know that I have low

> blood

> > > sugar. Diabetes runs in my family. My Aunt and her daughter

> have

> > > it, and they had the same symptoms that I have, but it took my

> Aunt's

> > > doctor 10 years to diagnose it. I'm not waiting that long.

> > >

> > > In fact, I'm waiting on call back from my doctor today,

> hopefully. I

> > > only found out about the low sugar, because my last doctor did

> the

> > > glucose tolerance test, and that's how it was found. I tested

> myself

> > > for a while, and my numbers were all over the place. I haven't

> > > tested in a long time, because nobody seems to think that I

have

> > > anything wrong, yet, I get dizzy, headachy, tired, eat and

drink

> a

> > > lot, use the restroom a lot, and I have been trying to lose

> weight.

> > > But, when I started the low carb deal, because my stomach

> couldn't

> > > handle much, (which I think is connected with the sugar, by the

> way),

> > > that's when I dropped 14 pounds. I have been trying since

> Janurary,

> > > and I started the low carbs about March/April, and that's when

I

> lost

> > > the weight.

> > >

> > > How do I approach my doctor with my suspicions, especially when

> they

> > > are so afraid to diagnose it? I'm going back to school in

> August,

> > > and I don't want it to be so interfering that I end up missing

> > > classes because of it. Thanks.

> > >

> > > Jo

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > pancreatitis info

> > > http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ThePancreatitisPlace/

> > >

> > > diabetic recipes

> > > http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/diabetic_recipes/

> > >

> > >

> > >

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

> > > > Thanks for the invite. Hopefully, this group can come in

handy

> > for

> > > > me.

> > > >

> > > > I'm 30 years old, and I have been dealing with the symptoms

of

> > > > Diabetes for almost half a year now. I do know that I have

low

> > blood

> > > > sugar. Diabetes runs in my family. My Aunt and her daughter

> > have

> > > > it, and they had the same symptoms that I have, but it took

my

> > Aunt's

> > > > doctor 10 years to diagnose it. I'm not waiting that long.

> > > >

> > > > In fact, I'm waiting on call back from my doctor today,

> > hopefully. I

> > > > only found out about the low sugar, because my last doctor

did

> > the

> > > > glucose tolerance test, and that's how it was found. I

tested

> > myself

> > > > for a while, and my numbers were all over the place. I

haven't

> > > > tested in a long time, because nobody seems to think that I

> have

> > > > anything wrong, yet, I get dizzy, headachy, tired, eat and

> drink

> > a

> > > > lot, use the restroom a lot, and I have been trying to lose

> > weight.

> > > > But, when I started the low carb deal, because my stomach

> > couldn't

> > > > handle much, (which I think is connected with the sugar, by

the

> > way),

> > > > that's when I dropped 14 pounds. I have been trying since

> > Janurary,

> > > > and I started the low carbs about March/April, and that's

when

> I

> > lost

> > > > the weight.

> > > >

> > > > How do I approach my doctor with my suspicions, especially

when

> > they

> > > > are so afraid to diagnose it? I'm going back to school in

> > August,

> > > > and I don't want it to be so interfering that I end up

missing

> > > > classes because of it. Thanks.

> > > >

> > > > Jo

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > pancreatitis info

> > > > http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ThePancreatitisPlace/

> > > >

> > > > diabetic recipes

> > > > http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/diabetic_recipes/

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

It does in a way. I tend to get shaky around 80. Thanks everyone.

I really do appreciate this. This is such a helpful group.

Jo

> > > > > Thanks for the invite. Hopefully, this group can come in

> handy

> > > for

> > > > > me.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm 30 years old, and I have been dealing with the symptoms

> of

> > > > > Diabetes for almost half a year now. I do know that I have

> low

> > > blood

> > > > > sugar. Diabetes runs in my family. My Aunt and her

daughter

> > > have

> > > > > it, and they had the same symptoms that I have, but it took

> my

> > > Aunt's

> > > > > doctor 10 years to diagnose it. I'm not waiting that long.

> > > > >

> > > > > In fact, I'm waiting on call back from my doctor today,

> > > hopefully. I

> > > > > only found out about the low sugar, because my last doctor

> did

> > > the

> > > > > glucose tolerance test, and that's how it was found. I

> tested

> > > myself

> > > > > for a while, and my numbers were all over the place. I

> haven't

> > > > > tested in a long time, because nobody seems to think that I

> > have

> > > > > anything wrong, yet, I get dizzy, headachy, tired, eat and

> > drink

> > > a

> > > > > lot, use the restroom a lot, and I have been trying to lose

> > > weight.

> > > > > But, when I started the low carb deal, because my stomach

> > > couldn't

> > > > > handle much, (which I think is connected with the sugar, by

> the

> > > way),

> > > > > that's when I dropped 14 pounds. I have been trying since

> > > Janurary,

> > > > > and I started the low carbs about March/April, and that's

> when

> > I

> > > lost

> > > > > the weight.

> > > > >

> > > > > How do I approach my doctor with my suspicions, especially

> when

> > > they

> > > > > are so afraid to diagnose it? I'm going back to school in

> > > August,

> > > > > and I don't want it to be so interfering that I end up

> missing

> > > > > classes because of it. Thanks.

> > > > >

> > > > > Jo

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > pancreatitis info

> > > > > http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ThePancreatitisPlace/

> > > > >

> > > > > diabetic recipes

> > > > > http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/diabetic_recipes/

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Welcome Cindy!

You shouldn't have to give up your exercise routine now you are on insulin.

I am type 1 on Lantus and Humalog and am very physically active. It is just a

matter of figuring it all out again. How much to eat before and after

excersise etc. and checking regularly.

I also gained a few pounds after I was put on Lantus. My doctor won't admit

that lantus causes any weight gain but I am suspicious. I am getting used to

the idea that I may have to stay a few pounds heavier. I don't mind so much

because I know I am in good shape.

I look forward to your posting!

All the Best,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for the introduction, and welcome, once again.

Just wondering if you keep a record of your levels to

show your doctor? Many members keep records detailing

their levels throughout the day-before and after

meals, as well as what was eaten, to learn how their

bodies respond. The more info you have, the better

able one can treat this dis-ease in their lives.

Wishing you wellness and welcome to the group.

Peace, Grace and Blessings,

Jamez

ADI Moderator

sanborn51@...

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/alldiabeticinternational/

Opinions expressed are solely my opinion and should

not be mistaken

for professional medical advice.

__________________________________________________

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

" jana9112003 " oldnsaurus@...>

Hi, and welcome to the group, you will find a good group of people

here... lots of information and help..

Carmen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...