Re: Re: allergies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

has problems every spring when the maple trees pollenate and is very

allergic to maple syrup.

C.

Guest guest

Oh, he better never come to my house! lol

We have about 50 maple trees in our yard. All 100ft tall or more!!!

Guest guest

I lived in New York state and then the Chicago area for 30 years and never had allergies of any kind until 5 years after moving to Texas.

I never took a single pill for them until this year when they got unbearable and I am now on Zyrtec.

So I don’t think the meds cause the allergy in this case...

Sue

>Allergies, yup I take zyrtec for them. Interesting though, I have

been tested 2 different times in my life for allergies, and both

times, the tests indicated I have no allergies!!! But if I don't

take my Zyrtec, I get very tired and itchy and hives and drippy

(sinuses).<

Interesting, I have been wondering about this. This too is something

I am going to bring up and question my doctor about.

A question of what comes first, the chicken or the egg. In this,

meaning: is it histamine that produces allergy reaction or is there a

genuine allergy that calls out the histamine?

Can anything else prompt the histamine to act, producing allergy

symptoms but that genuinely isn't an allergen. If that makes sense!

lol

Thinking something like an auto-immune (problem) in nature.

Something that I don't understand but curious about.

~Kate

> ]

Guest guest

I lived in New York state and then the Chicago area for 30 years and never had allergies of any kind until 5 years after moving to Texas.

I never took a single pill for them until this year when they got unbearable and I am now on Zyrtec.

Sue

(sinuses).<

lol

~Kate

> ]

Guest guest

Sue

(sinuses).<

lol

~Kate

> ]

Guest guest

I now use Allegra for that, from time to time, still having allergic reactions inbetween, but it is hard to tolerate the "other" drying reactions, since I am full blown menopausal and dry in places where the sun doesn't shine. Yes, it dries out your WHOLE body, not just your sinuses and ears. Plus we are ongoing hypothyroid, for the most part, so there's a double whammy to the dryness, yuk, makes me mad. Darn if you do and darn if you don't. The ideal thing is to spen thousands of $$$s getting desensitized over a period of around 2 to 5 yrs, but it just isn't in the stars for me, not yet anyway. You have to take those shots in the arm for around twice a wk or so for a very long time. There is now a new shot out for the ragweed pollen allergy that involves a shot taken once a wk for 6 wks or so, that has been proven to work, but only on the ragweed pollen allergy. It is a "fragment" of the antigen (ragweed pollen) attached to some kind of bacterial enzyme that is similar to a certain type of bacterial infection, in order to "fool" the immune system. I saw this on the evening news other night, and also read it somewhere into my MSN homepage.

p.s. Histamine is the substance that rushes in to try to take care of putting off the antigen, but it is also the one that causes all the swelling, reaction, etc......Yep, we have some of the most "mistaken" immune systems around. That is what autoimmune antibodies are, is mistaken.

I lived in New York state and then the Chicago area for 30 years and never had allergies of any kind until 5 years after moving to Texas.I never took a single pill for them until this year when they got unbearable and I am now on Zyrtec.So I don’t think the meds cause the allergy in this case...Sue

>Allergies, yup I take zyrtec for them. Interesting though, I have been tested 2 different times in my life for allergies, and both times, the tests indicated I have no allergies!!! But if I don't take my Zyrtec, I get very tired and itchy and hives and drippy (sinuses).<Interesting, I have been wondering about this. This too is something I am going to bring up and question my doctor about.A question of what comes first, the chicken or the egg. In this, meaning: is it histamine that produces allergy reaction or is there a genuine allergy that calls out the histamine? Can anything else prompt the histamine to act, producing allergy symptoms but that genuinely isn't an allergen. If that makes sense! lol Thinking something like an auto-immune (problem) in nature.Something that I don't understand but curious about.~Kate

Guest guest

Oh my lord, there is a ragweed/pollen shot??? That means I might be able to be outside for more than an hour without getting a sinus infection lol! And possibly eat majoram and oregano again. You know, I took allergy shots for about gee, 5-6 years. They helped, but oh man when I stopped my allergy meds/inhaler when I was 18.... because I wasn't suffering from allergies anymore (idiot) boy do I regret it lol. I wonder how much would have been avoided..

Daydreaming already...

I lived in New York state and then the Chicago area for 30 years and never had allergies of any kind until 5 years after moving to Texas.I never took a single pill for them until this year when they got unbearable and I am now on Zyrtec.So I don’t think the meds cause the allergy in this case...SueOn 10/26/06 3:13 PM, "Kate" <p2sgirl (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote:

>Allergies, yup I take zyrtec for them. Interesting though, I have been tested 2 different times in my life for allergies, and both times, the tests indicated I have no allergies!!! But if I don't take my Zyrtec, I get very tired and itchy and hives and drippy (sinuses).<Interesting, I have been wondering about this. This too is something I am going to bring up and question my doctor about.A question of what comes first, the chicken or the egg. In this, meaning: is it histamine that produces allergy reaction or is there a genuine allergy that calls out the histamine? Can anything else prompt the histamine to act, producing allergy symptoms but that genuinely isn't an allergen. If that makes sense! lol Thinking something like an auto-immune (problem) in nature.Something that I don't understand but curious about.~Kate

Guest guest

Yes, we do have local Tx produced honey, and I've heard that we need to

consume what's close to us, as it will contain the local antigens that we

may be allergic to. Sort of like having a " shot " , so they say. I do keep

the honey around, but don't eat it everyday, and maybe not even once a week,

right now.

> Some years ago somebody recommended that I eat very

> locally produced honey as a homeopathic remedy for my

> allergy to oil seed rape. I found a source for the

> honey and hey presto! my symptoms were so reduced the

> next year that I hardly noticed that pollen season.

> Do you have locally produced honey in Texas ?

>

>

Guest guest

Yes, this is just now in the completion stage, but they don't say when it will actually be marketed. Don't you know that the pharma companies will protest this as much as they can?

Oh my lord, there is a ragweed/pollen shot??? That means I might be able to be outside for more than an hour without getting a sinus infection lol! And possibly eat majoram and oregano again. You know, I took allergy shots for about gee, 5-6 years. They helped, but oh man when I stopped my allergy meds/inhaler when I was 18.... because I wasn't suffering from allergies anymore (idiot) boy do I regret it lol. I wonder how much would have been avoided..

Daydreaming already...

Guest guest

They also use bees to help symptoms of MS, have seen on TV where the person puts hand inside a small hive and gets stung. The claim is that for some reasons this helps. Best, bubbe Gittel

Guest guest

That is really soooo interesting. My husband has about a tablespoon of honey each day on his oatmeal, and once we've used up what we moved, we try to buy local raw unpasturized honey. How much should people take each day and what kinds of allergies will it help with?... Judy

Cheap Talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

Thanks Cindy, yes, I drink coffee, but probably need to quit. I'll be

looking for the organic stuff, as I know my honey isn't. I get it right off

the Kroger food shelf, but it is Tx honey. Didn't know that they heated the

stuff.

Re: allergies

> ,

> Do you drink coffee or tea everyday? Put a table spoon in either of them

> also

> add a teaspoon of cinnamon it is good for your heart & arthritis. You can

> also

> add a teaspoon or so of unflavored Knots Gelatin for your nails.( mine are

> 1/4

> inch long now, I have to cut them back before they get to long &

> break...lol ) If

> you don't do coffee or tea plain old warm water will do. I do it everyday

> !!! I quit

> the coffee & use Teeccino tea every morning, the stuff is heavenly !!!

> tastes like

> coffee, but no bitterness & it's GOOD for you !!! I don't even need to put

> cream in

> it. It is more expensive then coffee, but I use a little less then half

> the amount of

> coffee I used to use so it actually costs just slightly more. I use the

> " mocha " flavor.

> As far as I know it is only available in health stores, but they will tell

> you on the

> website where to find it in your area !!

>

> Cindy Sue

Guest guest

And your blood pressure... Judy

...also add a teaspoon of cinnamon it is good for your heart & arthritis.

Check out the New Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Guest guest

Check out the New Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Guest guest

Guest guest

You can also drink raspberry leaf tea... it is caffeine free and has an interesting taste. I am allergic to regular tea (black peko) and was really excited to have a 'tea' without tea leaves. Kroger sells it in the natural food section and it's sooooooooo good :). It's really good for cramping and period problems, of course.. I just drink it cause I like it LOL. It calms me down when I'm stressed.

Re: allergies

,Do you drink coffee or tea everyday? Put a table spoon in either of them alsoadd a teaspoon of cinnamon it is good for your heart & arthritis. You can alsoadd a teaspoon or so of unflavored Knots Gelatin for your nails.( mine are 1/4 inch long now, I have to cut them back before they get to long & break...lol ) If you don't do coffee or tea plain old warm water will do. I do it everyday !!! I quit the coffee & use Teeccino tea every morning, the stuff is heavenly !!! tastes like coffee, but no bitterness & it's GOOD for you !!! I don't even need to put cream init. It is more expensive then coffee, but I use a little less then half the amount of coffee I used to use so it actually costs just slightly more. I use the "mocha" flavor. As far as I know it is only available in health stores, but they will tell you on the website where to find it in your area !!Cindy Sue>> Yes, we do have local Tx produced honey, and I've heard that we need to > consume what's close to us, as it will contain the local antigens that we > may be allergic to. Sort of like having a "shot", so they say. I do keep > the honey around, but don't eat it everyday, and maybe not even once a week, > right now.> > >

Guest guest

honey can help with allergies to certain pollens mostly. it is also full of anti oxidants (I believe) and is great in just about everything. note: please do not feed honey to babies under 4 years of age (2-3 at most) because it can cause problems with their immune system and they can get sick.

:)

That is really soooo interesting. My husband has about a tablespoon of honey each day on his oatmeal, and once we've used up what we moved, we try to buy local raw unpasturized honey. How much should people take each day and what kinds of allergies will it help with?... Judy

Guest guest

honey can help with allergies to certain pollens mostly. it is also full of anti oxidants (I believe) and is great in just about everything. note: please do not feed honey to babies under 4 years of age (2-3 at most) because it can cause problems with their immune system and they can get sick.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Another home remedy is for diabetis. My friend swears by drinking tea made from the leaves of peach trees. Just boil them up and chill. I must say that I tried it and it did not do anything for me but have heard from others it lowers their blood sugar by 30 points. Best, bubbe Gittel

Guest guest

When I was a kid, my sister and I worked for my uncle once to pay for some hay, and he processed honey. The frames were pulled out of the hive boxes and we put them into this huge centrifuge. It heated the honey up just enough to get it thin enough to spin out. I can't remember much more than that, but I know his honey was raw, they didn't cook it. Tasted really good. He got run out of business by some of the bigger producers, Sue Bee and such. Couldn't keep up. Spiff wrote: Thanks Cindy, yes, I drink coffee, but probably need to quit. I'll be looking for the organic stuff, as I know my honey isn't. I get it right off the Kroger food shelf, but it is Tx honey. Didn't know that they heated the stuff. Re: allergies> ,> Do you drink coffee or tea everyday? Put a table spoon in either of them > also> add a teaspoon of cinnamon it is good for your heart & arthritis. You can > also> add a teaspoon or so of unflavored Knots Gelatin for your nails.( mine are > 1/4> inch long now, I have to cut

them back before they get to long & > break...lol ) If> you don't do coffee or tea plain old warm water will do. I do it everyday > !!! I quit> the coffee & use Teeccino tea every morning, the stuff is heavenly !!! > tastes like> coffee, but no bitterness & it's GOOD for you !!! I don't even need to put > cream in> it. It is more expensive then coffee, but I use a little less then half > the amount of> coffee I used to use so it actually costs just slightly more. I use the > "mocha" flavor.> As far as I know it is only available in health stores, but they will tell > you on the> website where to find it in your area !!>> Cindy Sue

Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail.

Guest guest

When I was a kid, my sister and I worked for my uncle once to pay for some hay, and he processed honey. The frames were pulled out of the hive boxes and we put them into this huge centrifuge. It heated the honey up just enough to get it thin enough to spin out. I can't remember much more than that, but I know his honey was raw, they didn't cook it. Tasted really good. He got run out of business by some of the bigger producers, Sue Bee and such. Couldn't keep up. Spiff wrote: Thanks Cindy, yes, I drink coffee, but probably need to quit. I'll be looking for the organic stuff, as I know my honey isn't. I get it right off the Kroger food shelf, but it is Tx honey. Didn't know that they heated the stuff. Re: allergies> ,> Do you drink coffee or tea everyday? Put a table spoon in either of them > also> add a teaspoon of cinnamon it is good for your heart & arthritis. You can > also> add a teaspoon or so of unflavored Knots Gelatin for your nails.( mine are > 1/4> inch long now, I have to cut

them back before they get to long & > break...lol ) If> you don't do coffee or tea plain old warm water will do. I do it everyday > !!! I quit> the coffee & use Teeccino tea every morning, the stuff is heavenly !!! > tastes like> coffee, but no bitterness & it's GOOD for you !!! I don't even need to put > cream in> it. It is more expensive then coffee, but I use a little less then half > the amount of> coffee I used to use so it actually costs just slightly more. I use the > "mocha" flavor.> As far as I know it is only available in health stores, but they will tell > you on the> website where to find it in your area !!>> Cindy Sue

Guest guest

Guest guest

Both my grandfather and father kept beehives and made

honey. One of my fondest childhood memories is of

helping with getting the honey from the comb. As a

small child I used to put the long knives into hot

water (a hot knive just slides through the wax that

seals the honeycomb) and I was sometimes allowed to

turn the handle on the spinner that forced the honey

out of the honeycomb. All this in a house that was lit

by parafin lamp and candle; electicity didn't reach

that village until the 1960s.

My parents and grandparents grew all the fruit and

vegetables they needed, kept chickens for eggs and for

the table, made their own jams, pickles and wine and a

'bought' cake was a rarity.

Come to think of it my allergies began when I left

home to go to college!

Recently I've found that I can't eat bread. I've read

that so-called wheat allergies are really allergies to

the preservatives used in commercial production of

bread, and I know that I can eat the bread I make

myself with no problem at all.

--- Cindy wrote:

> ,

> You are right !!! Locally produced honey is the

> best to help with

> Allergies. BUT , it MUST BE ORGANIC unprocessed, the

> reason is,

> bees gather all the local pollens & put them in the

> honey & when

> you eat them it helps your body build immunity to

> the allergies.

> IF the honey is processed they use heat & it KILLS

> all the beneficial

> stuff in the honey. There is a low heat used in the

> organic stuff to

> get the honey to come out if the combs. You can even

> find some

> places that sell you the comb too.If anyone is

> interested in

> reading more, just type honey in the search box &

> read away !!!

> Cindy Sue

>

> >

> > Some years ago somebody recommended that I eat

> very

> > locally produced honey as a homeopathic remedy for

> my

> > allergy to oil seed rape. I found a source for the

> > honey and hey presto! my symptoms were so reduced

> the

> > next year that I hardly noticed that pollen

> season.

> > Do you have locally produced honey in Texas ?

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Cheap Talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates

(http://voice.yahoo.com)

Guest guest

There is also yeast & milk to look at... I have problems with that. Hmm... maybe your grandparents were on to something LOL. Interesting though... maybe I should try homeade bread with yeast. I can have bread that uses baking soda/powder as a levener... but man, it just doesn't taste the same on sandwiches lol.

Both my grandfather and father kept beehives and madehoney. One of my fondest childhood memories is ofhelping with getting the honey from the comb. As asmall child I used to put the long knives into hotwater (a hot knive just slides through the wax thatseals the honeycomb) and I was sometimes allowed toturn the handle on the spinner that forced the honeyout of the honeycomb. All this in a house that was litby parafin lamp and candle; electicity didn't reachthat village until the 1960s. My parents and grandparents grew all the fruit andvegetables they needed, kept chickens for eggs and forthe table, made their own jams, pickles and wine and a'bought' cake was a rarity.Come to think of it my allergies began when I lefthome to go to college!Recently I've found that I can't eat bread. I've readthat so-called wheat allergies are really allergies tothe preservatives used in commercial production ofbread, and I know that I can eat the bread I makemyself with no problem at all.--- Cindy <abigpurplediamond (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote:> ,> You are right !!! Locally produced honey is the> best to help with> Allergies. BUT , it MUST BE ORGANIC unprocessed, the> reason is,> bees gather all the local pollens & put them in the> honey & when > you eat them it helps your body build immunity to> the allergies.> IF the honey is processed they use heat & it KILLS> all the beneficial> stuff in the honey. There is a low heat used in the> organic stuff to > get the honey to come out if the combs. You can even> find some > places that sell you the comb too.If anyone is> interested in > reading more, just type honey in the search box & > read away !!!> Cindy Sue> > >> > Some years ago somebody recommended that I eat> very> > locally produced honey as a homeopathic remedy for> my> > allergy to oil seed rape. I found a source for the> > honey and hey presto! my symptoms were so reduced> the> > next year that I hardly noticed that pollen> season. > > Do you have locally produced honey in Texas ?> > > > > > > > __________________________________________________________Cheap Talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates (http://voice.yahoo.com)