tests can you post them along with current dose at the time? How

long have you been alternating between 50mcg and 75 mcg? Sorry more

questions then answers I know.. but it is hard to give an answer

with uot looking at the full picture and with your docs obvious

obsession with the TSH range I am haivng a feeling that he has not

looked at the bigger picture..

Kats3boys

Guest guest

LOL Even though I can't spell you are right I remember it from my Medical Terminology class. TinaTina Hummel wrote: No you are right Neoplasm is a term for cancer cell. I rember this from my Medical Terminolgy class. Tinakats3boys wrote: Hmmmm. Follicular Neoplasm. Gang, I don't want to scare her, but this term is meant only to mean Follicular cancer cells of the thyroid, right? Not just a nodule, but this particular type of cancer cell found within the nodule. Follicular refers to the the cell destruction and shape of the cells.Neoplasm means new growth...now a cell is not so suppose to destruct and grow..it is suppose to destruct and have macrophages etc..come in and clean up the job..remove dead cells etc..that is the way the body works..What this means is she has cellular destruction of the thyroid cells but instead of dying off they are turning into something else.. a cancer cell usually loses the DNA code that most cells have to die off, and is able to duplicate its own code and form a new growth..this is how cancer starts and spreads.70 % of all thyroid cancers and the most treatable with

the highest success rate is follicular cancer of the thyroid..This is because they start new neoplasms at the site of destruction which become there own growths and are usually encased ..This definitely needs attention and further follow up..some docs do get confused because Follicular cells are common in the cell destruction seen in thyroids either from chronic inflammation or long term hashimoto's and it is benign..but neoplasms are not benign..Kats3boys Tina JJOIPPKOOUNUJOP'IUJK0--9UTINA MK-099-99\OP'[-0 I]9IKI099 U[ Yahoo! MailBring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze. Tina JJOIPPKOOUNUJOP'IUJK0--9UTINA MK-099-99\OP'[-0 I]9IKI099 U[

Brings words and photos together (easily) with PhotoMail - it's free and works with Yahoo! Mail.

Guest guest

LOL Even though I can't spell you are right I remember it from my Medical Terminology class. TinaTina Hummel wrote: No you are right Neoplasm is a term for cancer cell. I rember this from my Medical Terminolgy class. Tinakats3boys wrote: Hmmmm. Follicular Neoplasm. Gang, I don't want to scare her, but this term is meant only to mean Follicular cancer cells of the thyroid, right? Not just a nodule, but this particular type of cancer cell found within the nodule. Follicular refers to the the cell destruction and shape of the cells.Neoplasm means new growth...now a cell is not so suppose to destruct and grow..it is suppose to destruct and have macrophages etc..come in and clean up the job..remove dead cells etc..that is the way the body works..What this means is she has cellular destruction of the thyroid cells but instead of dying off they are turning into something else.. a cancer cell usually loses the DNA code that most cells have to die off, and is able to duplicate its own code and form a new growth..this is how cancer starts and spreads.70 % of all thyroid cancers and the most treatable with

the highest success rate is follicular cancer of the thyroid..This is because they start new neoplasms at the site of destruction which become there own growths and are usually encased ..This definitely needs attention and further follow up..some docs do get confused because Follicular cells are common in the cell destruction seen in thyroids either from chronic inflammation or long term hashimoto's and it is benign..but neoplasms are not benign..Kats3boys Tina JJOIPPKOOUNUJOP'IUJK0--9UTINA MK-099-99\OP'[-0 I]9IKI099 U[ Yahoo! MailBring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze. Tina JJOIPPKOOUNUJOP'IUJK0--9UTINA MK-099-99\OP'[-0 I]9IKI099 U[

Brings words and photos together (easily) with PhotoMail - it's free and works with Yahoo! Mail.

Guest guest

Thanks jane!:) sarah zanelli wrote: Thanks Janerjane1955 ha scritto: Tempy, here is a link about psych symptoms that are part of thyroid diseases. He is a psychiatrist who specializes in diagnosing physical illnesses that present as psych symptoms. http://www.drrichardhall.com/anxiety.htm Click on publications and there's more articles connected to thyroid stuff.US Jane>> Hi > > I went to docs yesterday..for thyroid visit.. dont know what i went

> for though... They wont change the mdeication .. even though my nodels > are growing they saying if i got prego the medication couldhurt the > baby...Is that true??? My neck keeps swelling up.. its sore and > painfull.. im really depressed.. anyway> now im having panic attacks has that got anything to do with the > thyroid??? or its just me... anyway they said come back next year.. > stay there 10 mins i think.. > Tempy> Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi, antispam, antivirus, POP3 ~EG Connecticut Total-T 2 years ago / 60 mg Synthetic/150mg Armour

Yahoo! Mail Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.

Guest guest

Thanks jane!:) sarah zanelli wrote: Thanks Janerjane1955 ha scritto: Tempy, here is a link about psych symptoms that are part of thyroid diseases. He is a psychiatrist who specializes in diagnosing physical illnesses that present as psych symptoms. http://www.drrichardhall.com/anxiety.htm Click on publications and there's more articles connected to thyroid stuff.US Jane>> Hi > > I went to docs yesterday..for thyroid visit.. dont know what i went

> for though... They wont change the mdeication .. even though my nodels > are growing they saying if i got prego the medication couldhurt the > baby...Is that true??? My neck keeps swelling up.. its sore and > painfull.. im really depressed.. anyway> now im having panic attacks has that got anything to do with the > thyroid??? or its just me... anyway they said come back next year.. > stay there 10 mins i think.. > Tempy> Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi, antispam, antivirus, POP3 ~EG Connecticut Total-T 2 years ago / 60 mg Synthetic/150mg Armour

Guest guest

Guest guest

Not feeling to good.. feeling weak.. and tried most the time.. shaky hands neck swells up most the time too... I am under alot of stress too... soo im thinking it could be that.. im too stressed out... topper2@... ha scritto: How are you feeling?? The labs to me look like you're short on T3... The T4 isn't looking bad.... but if you aren't feeling good... that T3 is what needs to come up.... either by increasing the T4, adding T3, changing to natural or seeing what you might do to improve conversion... poopy docs... Topper () On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:00:04 +0100 (CET) sarah zanelli writes: No they just wenton this blood test had a look at what was wriiten on Ultra scan.. lol didnt even look at the photos.. Then shesaid come back next year .. im taking Levotiroxine 75mcg since 2001topper2@... ha scritto: < snip >TSH 0.41 uUI/mL 0.50 - 4.65FT3 2.5 pg/mL 1.5 - 3.5FT4 1.30 mg/dL 0.70 - 1.85" < snip >

Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi, antispam, antivirus, POP3

Guest guest

Not feeling to good.. feeling weak.. and tried most the time.. shaky hands neck swells up most the time too... I am under alot of stress too... soo im thinking it could be that.. im too stressed out... topper2@... ha scritto: How are you feeling?? The labs to me look like you're short on T3... The T4 isn't looking bad.... but if you aren't feeling good... that T3 is what needs to come up.... either by increasing the T4, adding T3, changing to natural or seeing what you might do to improve conversion... poopy docs... Topper () On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:00:04 +0100 (CET) sarah zanelli writes: No they just wenton this blood test had a look at what was wriiten on Ultra scan.. lol didnt even look at the photos.. Then shesaid come back next year .. im taking Levotiroxine 75mcg since 2001topper2@... ha scritto: < snip >TSH 0.41 uUI/mL 0.50 - 4.65FT3 2.5 pg/mL 1.5 - 3.5FT4 1.30 mg/dL 0.70 - 1.85" < snip >

Guest guest

Guest guest

The doctor(s) you're seeing don't know a blasted thing about thyroid

disorders, hands down. The baby's mother MUST have plenty of thyroid

hormone to function well. What a bunch of idiots. Leave this bunch now,

before they make you sicker even than what you are. Those panic attacks

have EVERYthing to do with your thyroid disorder. Do you have Hashimoto's

Disease (one of the thyroid diseases that comes with it's own set of

antibodies) and the condition of hypothyroidism? There are different

thyroid diseases that cause hypo, but this one is the most common.

Hi

> Hi

>

> I went to docs yesterday..for thyroid visit.. dont know what i went

> for though... They wont change the mdeication .. even though my nodels

> are growing they saying if i got prego the medication couldhurt the

> baby...Is that true??? My neck keeps swelling up.. its sore and

> painfull.. im really depressed.. anyway

> now im having panic attacks has that got anything to do with the

> thyroid??? or its just me... anyway they said come back next year..

> stay there 10 mins i think..

> Tempy

Guest guest

The doctor(s) you're seeing don't know a blasted thing about thyroid

disorders, hands down. The baby's mother MUST have plenty of thyroid

hormone to function well. What a bunch of idiots. Leave this bunch now,

before they make you sicker even than what you are. Those panic attacks

have EVERYthing to do with your thyroid disorder. Do you have Hashimoto's

Disease (one of the thyroid diseases that comes with it's own set of

antibodies) and the condition of hypothyroidism? There are different

thyroid diseases that cause hypo, but this one is the most common.

Hi

> Hi

>

> Tempy

Guest guest

Jeepers creepers, where do they get these people from ?? Looked back at

your labs, sounds as if you need to dose by symptoms what do they expect to

do if you were pregnant?? Go off meds?? You'd die!! You are only replacing

what your body doesn't make any more, time for a new doc, go here

http://thyroid.about.com/

find a doc there.........Meleese xxx

----- Original Message -----

> Hi

>

> Tempy

Guest guest

Jeepers creepers, where do they get these people from ?? Looked back at

your labs, sounds as if you need to dose by symptoms what do they expect to

do if you were pregnant?? Go off meds?? You'd die!! You are only replacing

what your body doesn't make any more, time for a new doc, go here

http://thyroid.about.com/

find a doc there.........Meleese xxx

----- Original Message -----

> Hi

>

> Tempy

Guest guest

Steph

The radiation does increase your chance of having lymphedema, but having the nodes removed does also. No one can say you have a 100% chance of having swelling, many ladies never have that problem. Check out the National Lymphedema Website for some really good info about this diseaseThe National Lymphedema Network -

hugs

Pam

Guest guest

I had all together a different experience and so would not give you

my opinion. Butting in here to say you will be there in my prayers..

Love and hugs to you

Farida

>

> My name is from OKLA. I am a new member. I was

diagnosed with

> stage 1 breast cancer May 8th, May 11th I had more tissue removed

from my

> breast and some nods underneath my arm, I got the results back

today.

> Breast was clear but found some in the nodes, Now of course I see

an

> oncologist to see what the next step is, My surgeon said he

thinks it is

> better to remove 2/3 of my nodes and have cemo, and stay away from

> radiation, because if I have the radiation it is 100 per cent that

I will

> have the swelling of the arm. If I have the nodes removed and cemo

then it

> is less likely that the swelling would be as bad,

>

>

>

> So I guess I am wanting to know about some of you gals

experiences to let

> me know what to expect having my nodes removed.

>

>

>

> Would appreciate some info.

>

>

>

> Steph from OKLA

>

Guest guest

Hi Steph,

I had 23 nodes removed during my mastectomy and 1 was bad. That was back in 1990. I had 6 mo of chemo but no radiation. I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs

nne

Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Lifehttp://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.htmlCheck out my other ornaments atwww.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.htmlLots of info and gifts at:www.cancerclub.comCinDWood Craftshttp://www.cindwoodcrafts.com

hi

My name is from OKLA. I am a new member. I was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer May 8th, May 11th I had more tissue removed from my breast and some nods underneath my arm, I got the results back today. Breast was clear but found some in the nodes, Now of course I see an oncologist to see what the next step is, My surgeon said he thinks it is better to remove 2/3 of my nodes and have cemo, and stay away from radiation, because if I have the radiation it is 100 per cent that I will have the swelling of the arm. If I have the nodes removed and cemo then it is less likely that the swelling would be as bad,

So I guess I am wanting to know about some of you gals experiences to let me know what to expect having my nodes removed.

Would appreciate some info.

Steph from OKLA

Guest guest

I had mast..on Memorial Day Week-end 2002 which was May 25th that year...coming up on 4 yr anniversary...I am stage 3 with nodes infected...Had operaion and could not have reconstruction because too many nodes infected...Had 8 rounds of Chemo finished on Veterans Day 2002 and 33 weeks of Radiation finished on Valentines Day 2003. It was my left arm...I still have numbness under my arm where they removed the nodes...and had some therapy to increase the strength in my arm... the only thing I worry about now is I have thickening of the lining and have to have a D & C on June 23rd. Good Luck in whatever you do... Betsy(NC) Note: forwarded message attached.

I had all together a different experience and so would not give you

my opinion. Butting in here to say you will be there in my prayers..

Love and hugs to you

Farida

>

> My name is from OKLA. I am a new member. I was

diagnosed with

> stage 1 breast cancer May 8th, May 11th I had more tissue removed

from my

> breast and some nods underneath my arm, I got the results back

today.

> Breast was clear but found some in the nodes, Now of course I see

an

> oncologist to see what the next step is, My surgeon said he

thinks it is

> better to remove 2/3 of my nodes and have cemo, and stay away from

> radiation, because if I have the radiation it is 100 per cent that

I will

> have the swelling of the arm. If I have the nodes removed and cemo

then it

> is less likely that the swelling would be as bad,

>

>

>

> So I guess I am wanting to know about some of you gals

experiences to let

> me know what to expect having my nodes removed.

>

>

>

> Would appreciate some info.

>

>

>

> Steph from OKLA

>

Guest guest

O also wonder how they decide how many nodes to take. They only took 9 of mine and I think 11 from my sister. I've never had a problem but my sister did but she also had radiation two different times. Plus after taking the nodes you could still need radiation it all depends on the number of nodes that are positive for cancer. SharonBpam0306@... wrote: Steph The radiation does increase your chance of having lymphedema, but having the nodes removed does also. No one can say you have a 100% chance of having swelling, many ladies never have that problem. Check out the National Lymphedema Website for some really good info

about this diseaseThe National Lymphedema Network - hugs Pam

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

O also wonder how they decide how many nodes to take. They only took 9 of mine and I think 11 from my sister. I've never had a problem but my sister did but she also had radiation two different times. Plus after taking the nodes you could still need radiation it all depends on the number of nodes that are positive for cancer. SharonBpam0306@... wrote: Steph The radiation does increase your chance of having lymphedema, but having the nodes removed does also. No one can say you have a 100% chance of having swelling, many ladies never have that problem. Check out the National Lymphedema Website for some really good info

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Sharon,

I think Drs are more conservative nowadays - both with saving the

breast if possible and removing as few nodes as possible. I think the

standard is to start with a Sentinel node biopsy. If those nodes come

back positive, I don't know how they decide how many more to take.

Maybe it depends on the location of the positive nodes, since there are

several different layers of them.

-

Sharon wrote on 5/19/2006, 11:53 AM:

O also wonder how they

decide how many nodes to take. They only took 9 of mine and I think

11 from my sister. I've never had a problem but my sister did but

she also had radiation two different times. Plus after taking the

nodes you could still need radiation it all depends on the number of

nodes that are positive for cancer.

SharonB

Guest guest

Hi, just thought I'd throw my input! As I understand it, these nodes are not usually visible to the eye, they take the area where they "think" they are, then pathology examines them while they wait. If they have enough "clear" ones, that's all they take. This is how is was explained to me anyway. Sharon wrote: O also wonder how they decide how many nodes to take. They only took 9 of mine and I think 11 from my sister. I've never had a problem but my sister did but she also had radiation two different times. Plus after taking the nodes you could still need radiation it all depends on the number of nodes that are positive for cancer. SharonBpam0306@... wrote: Steph The radiation does increase your chance of having lymphedema, but having the nodes removed does also. No one can say you have a 100% chance of having swelling, many ladies never have that problem. Check out the National Lymphedema Website for some really good info about this diseaseThe National Lymphedema Network - hugs Pam How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Be a chatter box. Enjoy free PC-to-PC calls with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

Hi Sharon,

Sorry your week has been so busy. My mom has been thinking about a knee

replacement, and I don't think she realizes the recovery involved, and

that she'd probably have to go a rehab center for a while.

Take care,

Guest guest

Hi Sharon,

Sorry your week has been so busy. My mom has been thinking about a knee

replacement, and I don't think she realizes the recovery involved, and

that she'd probably have to go a rehab center for a while.

Take care,