RemedySpot.com

carol

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/13/2002 6:31:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,

Csvillars@... writes:

> I am beginning to wonder

> if there is any school system out here that knows what they are doing.

>

Hi Carol,

Once he was given the time out he was being punished again to reinforce the

consequence. I think the schools have lost any common sense.

Charlyne

Mom to Zeb 9 DS/OCD ?

Guest guest

Hi Carol,

What happened to the total communication concept that includes and is not

limited to Trisha but the entire class. The entire class would benefit from

sign as well to be able to commuunicate with Trisha. I believe that a goal of

ASL should be on the IEP or cued speech whatever the preferred method is as

on going or evolving and not limited to a few signs. I also think using a

communication device in the classrooom to augment the sign would be

beneficial and ease frustration.

Charlyne

Mom to Zeb 9 DS/OCD ?

Guest guest

well then maybe you need to punish them (school) each time they screw up and

then punish them again just to make sure they got it the first time. Then

maybe they'd get the message and start doing it right!

Carol

Trishasmom

She isn't typical, she's Trisha!

Guest guest

opps, forgot to say, I have set up an appointment with the children's

hospital here in VA to have her re-evaluated for speech, ot and augmentative

devices. Her appointment is not until May, that was the earliest they had.

Carol

Trishasmom

She isn't typical, she's Trisha!

Guest guest

Carol - Thank God I took my last pred today I am hopeing the blood sugar will

stablize, Carol I have to be honest I have been very scared myself I knew

there

could be a comma but didn't know if it was for high or low blood sugar. I

still have

the funny feelings but I am hopeing that tommorro will be better since I

won't have

to take any more if I have anymore problems they will have to come up with

something else because I am not taking it and putting my body through this

again,

have enough problems with the liver and fibro, I really appreciate your

caring.

Hug's,

Guest guest

heather-thnaks so very much. carol

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:19:31 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time) "Don & " <handd1@...> writes:

Carol-

Please feel free to talk as you wish. This group only has rules to protect the members here, but I don't want you to feel hushed either. I'm sorry you are so ill, but this is what you need now. You need this group just like I do. Scream if it helps! I hope you are feeling good today, and please keep in touch.

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Daily Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Guest guest

this is so beautiful heather and i thank you. carol

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:42:09 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time) "Don & " <handd1@...> writes:

We are all here with you every day...we'll keep you up!!!

(Y) (Y)

( ';')(';' )...(")_(")(")_(") *****************

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Daily Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Guest guest

thanks so very much. Means a lot to me. carol

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 12:38:52 EST Faulkncs@... writes:

Hello Carol, I am having problems with my vision, and reading the posts. I do want to say that you are in my prayers. I hope you are having a very good day.HugsCarolyn ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Daily Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Hi Carol... You were beginning to worry me also !!! Are you feeling somewhat better today ??? You know you are always in my thoughts and Prayers... Is it warming up for you so you can sit outside some and breath inthe fresh air ??? Always have someone keep me posted PLEASE !!!

Love Ya

((( Sunshine Hugs )))

Helen

beautiful Helen! Loved the whole site! carol

Guest guest

today has been off and on-one mintue weak and then a stronger one so am taking advantage of it when i can. thnaks for caring aobut me. carol

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 04:13:53 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time) "Don & " <handd1@...> writes:

Hope you're having a great day! How're you feeling?

(Y) (Y)

Guest guest

Of course I care about you! are you spending that energy doing fun things? I sure hope so. Sending rays of sunshine from sunny California!!!

-- Re: Carol

today has been off and on-one mintue weak and then a stronger one so am taking advantage of it when i can. thnaks for caring aobut me. carol

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 04:13:53 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time) "Don & " <handd1@...> writes:

(Y) (Y)

~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Daily Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Guest guest

marsha-thanks so much. carol

On Sat, 6 Apr 2002 09:16:45 -0000 "Marsha Machacek" <marsha@...> writes:

Hi Carol, thinking of you. Many Hugs. Marsha ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Daily Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Guest guest

heather-I do get to get out to take pictures if my ex or nurses or friend has toime and i love doing that a lot. carol

On Sat, 6 Apr 2002 20:14:45 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time) "Don & " <handd1@...> writes:

Of course I care about you! are you spending that energy doing fun things? I sure hope so. Sending rays of sunshine from sunny California!!!

-- Re: Carol

(Y) (Y)

~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Daily Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Guest guest

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard from Carol lately. Just wondering if she's OK. I don't

remember if she was going on vacation or not? Carol if you're out there talk

to us.

Guest guest

Hi !

I know Carol was thinking about taking a break off the group. I forgot to

write down her e-mail to stay in touch. She was always so nice to me I

hope I get another opportunity to tell her how special she is.

TONY

Guest guest

Thanks Tony,

I must have missed that post. Was just worried about her. Hope things are

going better for you. Sounds like you had a nice trip. Keeping your

grandmother in my prayers.

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/10/02 4:13:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

Thanks for thinking about me. I am still here.

Carol, I'm so sorry to hear you have these additional problems to deal with. From what I've seen, you have innate abilities that will help you get through them.

Harper

Guest guest

I get the weather after you do :o) I live in NorthWest Ohio, outside of Toledo... They still haven't found the young man :o( His Family is beyond their selfs :o( All the creeks around here are swollen and over their edges :o( our Gully looks like a pond at the moment :o)

We are still in Flood Warnings here, because of all the rain and last weeks snow melt...

How are you doing my Friend???

Love You

Helen

Helen-maybe you told me where you live once but i forget-our weather pattern is the same as yours and I live very near the missouri river. sure hope they find that 22 year old man and will prayfor him and for guidance as the authorities search for him. Hope your pain lessens too so you can rest. carol

Being an earth angel doesn’t always involve something major, such as saving a life.

Sometimes we’re just needed to hold a hand, whisper a word of comfort or even provide food or drink.

As one writer put it,

“If People were more like Angels, Earth would be more like Heaven.â€

Think about it during this very special week..

"Encourage one another. Many times a word of praise or thanks or appreciation or cheer has kept people on their feet."

Swindoll

Guest guest

Dear Carol,

Goodness.... we are so glad you and your family are ok. It sounds like you have your plate overflowing right now.... I can hardly imagine trying to manage all the things going on in your life right now being in perfect health.... give me a headached just thinking about it.

Family members can be a real pain in the butt at times and when you have this disease it doesnt help any. I think if they could just be in your shoes for a day they would be rushing to your door to offer help... not cause grief and suffering. But most family members do not recognize the seriousness of the illness... so often the person suffers needlessly. The best thing you can do for yourself is to put yourself FIRST and then if there is anything left over share with the rest. Dont feel guilty about it either. Randy has a tough time in the beginning to do that... he had always been the one who was doing for others and it was foreign to him to be on the other end of the stick. But eventually he realized that his "job" was to do everything within his power to take care of himself.... everything else would take care of itself. Not an easy task for someone who is used to doing everything for himself.

As far as multi-tasking.... i think the loss of this ability happens with this disease but the good news is it returns!!!! Randy thought through all the sickness that yes, a transplant would help him physically but what about his mental capacity? He is an electrical savant, well respected within his industry. He had designed many cutting edge technological applications and at his worse the boy didnt even know what shoe laces were.... or what to do with them. He spent 3 days trying to figure out how to hang a miniblind which required only that 3 screws be put into the wall. I think he was more scared of losing his mental capabilities than the physical aspect.

Well, now he is working at about 150% capacity than he was when he was at his peak. He says his mind is much, much sharper and he is back into full swing. We used an erasable board on the front of the refridgerator to help him... we had a check list on it that he would check before leaving.... and checking the stove was one of them. Just making little adjustments such as this helped him....

We are thinking of you!!!

Cheryl & Randy

Guest guest

Carol, Cheryl makes some good points, I was really scared I was going to not recover my sensibility, however at the time I was also too impaired to realize it... kinda a catch-22. And it does come back. I would literally not think about something.

Thinking about this brought back an example

At the height of the encepalopathy I recall trying to dial the phone. I had it in my hand (it was a portable) and brought the # to mind 542-5432. I thought '5', where is the '5'?. I found it and pushed five. Then I had to think.. 5,4. and find the '4'. I found it and pushed four. Then I had to think 5,4,3, and find the three..... well you can go from there. I would never get the call through before it cut off.

Carol give yourself a break when it comes to multi-tasking. I like Cheryl's idea of the reminder board, I was usually OK if the stopped to think.. hang in there. Just remember it's not permanent

Patty

-----Original Message-----From: cheryl722@... [mailto:cheryl722@...]Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 8:53 AM Subject: Re: [ ] RE:CarolDear Carol, Goodness.... we are so glad you and your family are ok. It sounds like you have your plate overflowing right now.... I can hardly imagine trying to manage all the things going on in your life right now being in perfect health.... give me a headached just thinking about it. Family members can be a real pain in the butt at times and when you have this disease it doesnt help any. I think if they could just be in your shoes for a day they would be rushing to your door to offer help... not cause grief and suffering. But most family members do not recognize the seriousness of the illness... so often the person suffers needlessly. The best thing you can do for yourself is to put yourself FIRST and then if there is anything left over share with the rest. Dont feel guilty about it either. Randy has a tough time in the beginning to do that... he had always been the one who was doing for others and it was foreign to him to be on the other end of the stick. But eventually he realized that his "job" was to do everything within his power to take care of himself.... everything else would take care of itself. Not an easy task for someone who is used to doing everything for himself. As far as multi-tasking.... i think the loss of this ability happens with this disease but the good news is it returns!!!! Randy thought through all the sickness that yes, a transplant would help him physically but what about his mental capacity? He is an electrical savant, well respected within his industry. He had designed many cutting edge technological applications and at his worse the boy didnt even know what shoe laces were.... or what to do with them. He spent 3 days trying to figure out how to hang a miniblind which required only that 3 screws be put into the wall. I think he was more scared of losing his mental capabilities than the physical aspect. Well, now he is working at about 150% capacity than he was when he was at his peak. He says his mind is much, much sharper and he is back into full swing. We used an erasable board on the front of the refridgerator to help him... we had a check list on it that he would check before leaving.... and checking the stove was one of them. Just making little adjustments such as this helped him.... We are thinking of you!!! Cheryl & Randy

Guest guest

Patty,

I had the same problem. When I had the GI bleed I was so scared I couldn't

remember any of my sister's phone numbers. They have all had the same

numbers for years. I panicked. They are so thoughtful. For Christmas they

gave me a new portable phone that has everyones phone numbers home and work

programed in. All I have to do is hit memory and there names pop up and

numbers are automatically dialed for me. Thank God for technology. It was

one of the most reassuring gifts I have every received. It saves me so much

time and needless frustration.

Guest guest

marsha-slept most of yeaterday-must have been thr rian and thunder storms we had all day that cause me to want to sleep. have more energy this morning. and how are you???carol

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 08:30:01 -0000 "Marsha Machacek" <marsha@...> writes:

Hi Carol, How are you today??? Thinking of you. Friends, Marsha ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Daily Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~