RemedySpot.com

carol

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Helen-sure hope that the pain in your back is better today. carol

Thanks Carol, Its all gone :o) Have no idea what it was, but glad its gone that thing was very painful...

How are you doing???

((( Angel Hugs )))

Helen

"When making major choices, be guided by what is most precious to you, not by others expectations of you."

- Sue Calwell &

Hi Carol

Well lately my hair has fallen out double time. I

have maybe 1/10 of it. Each time I brush, comb or

pull back I have a bunch of new missing hair. I want

to shave me head, just get rid of the fine stuff that

is there and start all over. The longer hair was the

first to go. Have been on Meds 1 yr this time and

sure do see a difference in the amount of hair loss

versus 6 months. Good luck on biopsy.

Take Care, Connie

Hi Carol

Well lately my hair has fallen out double time. I

have maybe 1/10 of it. Each time I brush, comb or

pull back I have a bunch of new missing hair. I want

to shave me head, just get rid of the fine stuff that

is there and start all over. The longer hair was the

first to go. Have been on Meds 1 yr this time and

sure do see a difference in the amount of hair loss

versus 6 months. Good luck on biopsy.

Take Care, Connie

Thanks Connie...I'm sure glad I postponed the biopsy till next

week....feeling too lousy to have it done this week. Also, it's still

snowing outside....traffic is a mess. Supposed to turn to rain this

weekend....I hope so.

Carol

Constance Dickson wrote:

> Hi Carol

> Well lately my hair has fallen out double time. I

> have maybe 1/10 of it. Each time I brush, comb or

> pull back I have a bunch of new missing hair. I want

> to shave me head, just get rid of the fine stuff that

> is there and start all over. The longer hair was the

> first to go. Have been on Meds 1 yr this time and

> sure do see a difference in the amount of hair loss

> versus 6 months. Good luck on biopsy.

> Take Care, Connie

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Thanks Connie...I'm sure glad I postponed the biopsy till next

week....feeling too lousy to have it done this week. Also, it's still

snowing outside....traffic is a mess. Supposed to turn to rain this

weekend....I hope so.

Carol

Constance Dickson wrote:

> Hi Carol

> Well lately my hair has fallen out double time. I

> have maybe 1/10 of it. Each time I brush, comb or

> pull back I have a bunch of new missing hair. I want

> to shave me head, just get rid of the fine stuff that

> is there and start all over. The longer hair was the

> first to go. Have been on Meds 1 yr this time and

> sure do see a difference in the amount of hair loss

> versus 6 months. Good luck on biopsy.

> Take Care, Connie

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Hi fellow Michiganer's - no - I am a born and breed Yooper from Gladstone!

Have another friend who I work with who had MGB almost 20 months ago and has

lost 175 pounds. He is the one that I have learned alot about MGB from

before I had mine!!!

Carol

Carol

> Carol - Where in Mi are you from??? I am from near Muskegon!

> Steph p

> > Carol from Michigan

>

>

>

>

>

Are you talking about ????? If so, he was one of my contacts!!!

I had my MGB on 3/8/01 and am down about 140 pounds - kinda at a standstill

right now as I am 28 weeks PG - but I am still ONLY about 20 pounds from my

goal weight!! :)

Steph P

> Hi fellow Michiganer's - no - I am a born and breed Yooper from Gladstone!

> Have another friend who I work with who had MGB almost 20 months ago and

has

> lost 175 pounds. He is the one that I have learned alot about MGB from

> before I had mine!!!

>

>

>

> Carol

No - don't know . My friend is Don from Gladstone. As far as I know

there are only 3 of us MGBer's in the UP thus far. Keep up the GREAT

work!!!!!

Re: Carol

> Are you talking about ????? If so, he was one of my contacts!!!

>

> I had my MGB on 3/8/01 and am down about 140 pounds - kinda at a

standstill

> right now as I am 28 weeks PG - but I am still ONLY about 20 pounds from

my

> goal weight!! :)

> Steph P

>

> > Hi fellow Michiganer's - no - I am a born and breed Yooper from

Gladstone!

> > Have another friend who I work with who had MGB almost 20 months ago and

> has

> > lost 175 pounds. He is the one that I have learned alot about MGB from

> > before I had mine!!!

> >

> >

> >

> > Carol

>

>

>

>

>

• 2 weeks later...

Goodmorning Carol....

Well tomorrow is the day we will be redoing moms feeders...hope all goes well and they last more than a couple of months...will be starting the flowers in another couple of months..

Luanne Ty's mom

• 2 weeks later...

In a message dated 02/27/2002 7:30:32 PM Pacific Standard Time, c-overton@... writes:

In the meantime, over my life, I have battled always being cold and a total lack of energy. I have managed to keep my weight down, by eating practically nothing. Now, at the ripe old age of 56, I find I am losing the weight battle for the first time, and I have been experiencing what I describe as mental fog over the past 3-4 years, and I now have migraine headaches that are stopped only by Imitrix. I am gaining weight despite working out (aerobic and weight training) for 1-2 hours, 3 times a week. I feel despair about my weight and lack of energy, but I am not clinically depressed. I always wondered about my hypothroidism, but have been told repeatedly that my TSH was within normal limits, so none of my symptoms were related to a thyroid condition.

Hi Carol,

You have written the profile of me!! My life experience w/ being hypo started around my late teens and early 20s. I'm 52 now. But no TSH test would ever show I was hypo! So, I've dragged around, freezing and mentally frustrated and confused, exhausted, etc., until the last six months when I finally decided to get to the bottom of this chronic malaise. I changed docs once again and met an MD who was the first in my life to tell me my low body temps WERE a big problem. Finally! Someone who believed I shouldn't be freezing all the time!

My new doc told me I fit the profile for something called 's Thyroid Syndrome and put me on the treatment for it. I will be forever grateful to him for that diagnosis; it has literally changed my life! I'm not completely through the dosing schedule yet, but at the present time, my average daily body temp has risen from around 97.3 to 98.0! I took a trip to Yosemite a few weeks ago in the middle of a snowstorm and for the first time in 30 years it was an absolute PLEASURE to be out in the snow b/c I wasn't miserable and cold!!!

Another improvement has been that my temp doesn't have as wide a daily range and now my emotions are much more stable with out the wide swings from a old low of maybe 97.5 in the morning to 98 midday and back again to 97.6 again in the evening. So, I am feeling more emotionally stable and mentally capable. My memory is returning and I can tell I really AM smart like I was when I was a child!

I joined Weight Watchers a few weeks ago now that my temps are coming up and this is the first time I've been able to actually lose weight on any diet in the last ten years! So, I really am a believer in the relativity of low body temperature to the slowdown of function of all the body systems. How can any organism successfully keep healthy when the cellular systems don't have the correct temperature environment to function in?

This WTS has really worked for me and I had a very similar profile to yours. The link is www.wilsonsthyroidsyndrome.com. You can read the symptoms profile there and decide for yourself if you want to learn more about it. You can also look up doctors in your area or get an information kit to give your doctor. If he has an open mind, maybe he would be willing to try it since it sounds like you've tried about everything else!

Good luck! Feel free to write back with any questions.

in LA

"We are each responsible for our own life--no other person is or even *can* be." Oprah Winfrey

Guest guest

I knew something else was wrong :o( What did they have to do ??? Do you have oxygen at home??? You rest, even though you can't sleep...I'm going to bed now...You take care of you and Please be careful...

((( Peaceful Hugs and Love )))

Helen

"Encourage one another. Many times a word of praise or thanks or appreciation or cheer has kept people on their feet."

- Swindoll

helen-I am making it-just had to go to the hospital for 24 hours as I was having trouble breathing-came home this evening and tried to sleep but couldn't so here i am-did not mean to scare you. carol

Guest guest

helen-I am making it-just had to go to the hospital for 24 hours as I was having trouble breathing-came home this evening and tried to sleep but couldn't so here i am-did not mean to scare you. carol

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 00:39:08 EST angelbear1129@... writes:

How are you coping Dear one??? I haven't heard from you, you are worrying me...Do you have anyone there to comfort you??? My Heart goes to you Sweetie... Streatching my arms with BIG HUGS, to help comfort you... ((( Loving Hugs ))) Helen ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Daily Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Guest guest

When I choke so badly they usually suction and give a breathing tx-I have a machine at home though. My ibm bit the dust so a friend sent me a laptop and am trying to get used to it. How are you dear Helen? carol

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 02:57:07 EST angelbear1129@... writes:

I knew something else was wrong :o( What did they have to do ??? Do you have oxygen at home??? You rest, even though you can't sleep...I'm going to bed now...You take care of you and Please be careful... ((( Peaceful Hugs and Love ))) Helen

"Encourage one another. Many times a word of praise or thanks or appreciation or cheer has kept people on their feet."- Swindoll

~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Daily Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Guest guest

Hi Carol have you been able to rest up since getting home from the hospital? How are you feeling now? Hope you are doing better!! Take care!

Jessi

Guest guest

Jessi-I am better but seem to be sleepy all the time-hope that feeling leaves soon. Hope you are doing well. carol

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002 15:30:19 -0500 "Nana" <jmducky@...> writes:

Hi Carol have you been able to rest up since getting home from the hospital? How are you feeling now? Hope you are doing better!! Take care!

Jessi~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Daily Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Guest guest

Hi Carol,

Sorry for my late reply. Hope you are feeling much better now? No more breathlessness?

Ling

When I choke so badly they usually suction and give a breathing tx-I have a machine at home though. My ibm bit the dust so a friend sent me a laptop and am trying to get used to it. How are you dear Helen? carol

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 02:57:07 EST angelbear1129@... writes:

I knew something else was wrong :o( What did they have to do ??? Do you have oxygen at home??? You rest, even though you can't sleep...I'm going to bed now...You take care of you and Please be careful... ((( Peaceful Hugs and Love ))) Helen

"Encourage one another. Many times a word of praise or thanks or appreciation or cheer has kept people on their feet."- Swindoll

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.320 / Virus Database: 179 - Release Date: 30/01/2002

Guest guest

I'm doing...How are you now??? Is your breathing better???Do you get to keep the laptop??? Do you like it better??? Or haven't had it long enough to know yet??? Did that wind hit you??? Is it all OK where you are???

((( Worrying Hugs )))

Helen

"Encourage one another. Many times a word of praise or thanks or appreciation or cheer has kept people on their feet."

Guest guest

Hi Carol,I will Always care about ya !!! glad you didn't get blown away... Is your back garden still in tack??? Glad your breathing better...Is there anyway you can make the letters bigger on the laptop??? This is the reason I write bigger, so I can see it :o) I usually have to take the emails and enlarge them to be able to read them...Check for fonts on the laptop and see if you can do that also...

((( Happy Hugs )))

Helen

- Swindoll

hi helen-yes the breathing is better and we did get the wind the other night-it was 60 and then within two hours it dropped to 34 with wind gusts 50 miles an hour-snow and rain, By morning it had all cleared off and was bright and sunny-such a strange weather pattern this year. The laptop is okay but hard for me to see at times as i am very sight impaired but am just grateful I can have some type of computer. thanks for caring abut me. carol

Guest guest

hi helen-yes the breathing is better and we did get the wind the other night-it was 60 and then within two hours it dropped to 34 with wind gusts 50 miles an hour-snow and rain, By morning it had all cleared off and was bright and sunny-such a strange weather pattern this year. The laptop is okay but hard for me to see at times as i am very sight impaired but am just grateful I can have some type of computer. thanks for caring abut me. carol

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 00:45:55 EST angelbear1129@... writes:

I'm doing...How are you now??? Is your breathing better???Do you get to keep the laptop??? Do you like it better??? Or haven't had it long enough to know yet??? Did that wind hit you??? Is it all OK where you are??? ((( Worrying Hugs ))) Helen

~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Daily Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/11/2002 3:46:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,

Csvillars@... writes:

> It seems like they are putting the pressure on Trisha to initiate

> communication without giving her the proper support she needs to

> communicate

> conversationally.

Hi Carol,

Trisha's signing needs to have meaning. I don't think her teachers get it.

Charlyne

Mom to Zeb 9 DS/OCD ?

Guest guest

I think you are right, they don't get it. They also expect her to sign

perfectly which she isn't capable of right now because of low tone and poor

fine motor skills. But the more she signs the better she gets, the school is

upset because she does approximations of signs and therefore doesn't think it

will do her any good so they do a half attempt at signing with her just

because it's in her IEP. She can't sign numbers yet because she can't put

her thumb to her other fingers, so I asked that they work on excercises for

this, which in my opinion they should have already been doing, I try to

explain to them the more they work on her signing the better she will be at

it, their come back is that no one in society would understand her signs, my

come back is , But I do understand her signs and this is how we communicate

with each other, also it is my belief that if someone is proficient in sign

and they came across Trisha signing I think they would get the gist of what

she is signing. My family and friends who do not sign have learned to

understand her signs just by watching her sign and by me explaining what the

signs mean. The school doesn't sign consistently but yet expects Trisha to

sign whenever they demand, it doesn't work like that for Trisha. First of

all Trisha only has the basic signs, she doesn't have enough signs to

actually carry a conversation, it's like one worded signs, just like her

verbalization. I have been teaching her the sign for Mother for years now

and it's just be within the last few weeks that she is even trying to sign

Mother, I keep signing that my name is Momma, your name is Trisha so now

when I sign Mother, she comes back with the sign for her name. It's not

important to me that she signs perfectly, it's important to me that at least

she and I can communicate a little bit which is better than what it has been.

I can understand her difficulty in signing some words, a couple of years

ago, I broke both thumbs and little fingers and I have trouble with some of

the signs myself, for awhile I couldn't even sign some of the basic ones but

with practice and excersises I am not getting where I can sign better, and

that is what I keep telling the schools, she will only get better if they

keep working on it.

Carol

Trishasmom

She isn't typical, she's Trisha!

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/12/2002 6:59:55 AM Eastern Standard Time,

Csvillars@... writes:

> that is what I keep telling the schools, she will only get better if they

> keep working on it.

Hi Carol,

I agree with you. Zeb's speech was very poor when he was younger and very few

people could understand him but got a few words and they had an idea what he

wanted. It is the same for Trisha. Practice makes perfect. I would not let up

on the school.

Charlyne

Mom to Zeb 9 DS/OCD ?

Guest guest

It's not a matter of me letting up on the schools, it's a matter of it

getting through to the schools!

I spoke with Trisha's teacher yesterday about the goals for her IEP and maybe

I am way off base on this one but I kinda disagree with the way she wants to

have sign included in the IEP. She wants to have it listed as a goal that

she will learn X amount of chosen signs for the next year, and all the signs

she listed where ones that Trisha already knows. I personally don't believe

sign should be listed as a goal but she says they have to do that in order to

be able to have a way of measuring her progress. Now to me, sign should be

all encompassing in the IEP and not limiting to just a few signs, Sign is

part of Trisha's language and should be worked on all the time and used by

the staff working with Trisha all the time, not 5 or 10 mins a day. The

teacher also asked me if I wanted her to go to the TASH workshop or go to a

sign class, I said why not both and her answer was, " well Trisha is the only

one who would benefit from the Tash workshop " I then asked if the other kids

would benefit from the sign class and she said that Trisha was the only one

that used signs. In which case what difference does it make about the

workshop or the sign class, either way Trisha will hopefully benefit, so why

not do both? So why not try to learn as much as possible? Doesn't she

realize that what she learns at the workshop and sign class maybe actually

help her other students more than she realizes?

Carol

Trishasmom

Guest guest

It's not a matter of me letting up on the schools, it's a matter of it

getting through to the schools!

I spoke with Trisha's teacher yesterday about the goals for her IEP and maybe

I am way off base on this one but I kinda disagree with the way she wants to

have sign included in the IEP. She wants to have it listed as a goal that

she will learn X amount of chosen signs for the next year, and all the signs

she listed where ones that Trisha already knows. I personally don't believe

sign should be listed as a goal but she says they have to do that in order to

be able to have a way of measuring her progress. Now to me, sign should be

all encompassing in the IEP and not limiting to just a few signs, Sign is

part of Trisha's language and should be worked on all the time and used by

the staff working with Trisha all the time, not 5 or 10 mins a day. The

teacher also asked me if I wanted her to go to the TASH workshop or go to a

sign class, I said why not both and her answer was, " well Trisha is the only

one who would benefit from the Tash workshop " I then asked if the other kids

would benefit from the sign class and she said that Trisha was the only one

that used signs. In which case what difference does it make about the

workshop or the sign class, either way Trisha will hopefully benefit, so why

not do both? So why not try to learn as much as possible? Doesn't she

realize that what she learns at the workshop and sign class maybe actually

help her other students more than she realizes?

Carol

Trishasmom

Carol, it seems what your saying makes so much since about the signs, it would

help everyone and Trisha! Keep up your good work, good luck, God Bless, Dawn