Guest guest

Re: (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

To anyone out there

I am single and had a double mascetomy, I haven't had

a relationship with an man since then, now I think I

may be ready. But I am shy about my tram flap, and all

the resulting surgical scars on my abdomen and chest.

My skin keloids and so they are not pretty. I am

wondering if the married couples out there are anyone

with an man friend in their lives, how do they react

to them

--- Carol wrote:

> Hey Trisha,

> Nice picture. It looks exactly like me when I

> have my treatment! I have 35 total and have 5 under

> my belt, so 30 more to go! The machine looks

> identical to the one they use on me, but I wasn't

> given a form to lay on. I just lay on the table and

> they rubber band my feet together, put my right arm

> (side they are radiating) into a holder above my

> head and they adjust the machine to line up with the

> tattoos. Since we are pretty much on the same

> schedule, with chemo about the same time and rads, I

> was wondering how things are in the hair regrowth

> dept. I have about 1/4 growth and it's mostly all

> white!!!! I knew I had white hair because I have

> been coloring it for 20 plus years and have never

> let it grow out to see how much of it has turned. I

> had made up my mind before the chemo that whatever

> color it was when it finally came back in , I was

> going to be happy with whatever color God gave me.

> but ugh! So much gray! I am only 48 and will

> probably look 60ish! I am almost

> afraid to use hair color again, because I don't

> want those chemicals entering my system. Well, good

> luck with the rest of rads. I hope you don't have

> any after effects!

> Carol (from OH)

>

>

> Trisha wrote:

> v\:* {behavior:url (#default#vml);}

> v\:* { BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml) }

> FLAVOR00-NONE-0000-0000-000000000000 4.0 ;

> Thought you might like to see a picture of me

> during radiation treatment. (attached) I am laying

> on a form that they made of me from the waist up

> laying on my back. I am put on this form each time

> I receive treatment. The machine first shoots me

> from the left side of my left breast and then moves

> over me to the right side of my left breast. During

> treatment I am uncovered from the waist up. I had

> them cover me for the picture so that you wouldn't

> have to look at my boobies....although EVERYONE in

> Nashville has seen them.

>

> I am marked with black X's and circles on my left

> breast and then clear tape was put over the marks so

> that I can't wash them off. These remain until I

> finish rads. I also received 3 small dots that were

> tattooed on and will be permanent. These marks are

> so that the machine will shoot the exact same area

> each time.

>

> The treatments only take about 10 minutes and are

> painless. They make me a bit tired but I am used to

> that!! 4 down and 29 more to go.

>

> Mom aka Trisha

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Sneak preview the all-new Yahoo.com. It's not

> radically different. Just radically better.

Guest guest

To anyone out there

I am single and had a double mascetomy, I haven't had

a relationship with an man since then, now I think I

may be ready. But I am shy about my tram flap, and all

the resulting surgical scars on my abdomen and chest.

My skin keloids and so they are not pretty. I am

wondering if the married couples out there are anyone

with an man friend in their lives, how do they react

to them

--- Carol wrote:

> Hey Trisha,

> Nice picture. It looks exactly like me when I

> have my treatment! I have 35 total and have 5 under

> my belt, so 30 more to go! The machine looks

> identical to the one they use on me, but I wasn't

> given a form to lay on. I just lay on the table and

> they rubber band my feet together, put my right arm

> (side they are radiating) into a holder above my

> head and they adjust the machine to line up with the

> tattoos. Since we are pretty much on the same

> schedule, with chemo about the same time and rads, I

> was wondering how things are in the hair regrowth

> dept. I have about 1/4 growth and it's mostly all

> white!!!! I knew I had white hair because I have

> been coloring it for 20 plus years and have never

> let it grow out to see how much of it has turned. I

> had made up my mind before the chemo that whatever

> color it was when it finally came back in , I was

> going to be happy with whatever color God gave me.

> but ugh! So much gray! I am only 48 and will

> probably look 60ish! I am almost

> afraid to use hair color again, because I don't

> want those chemicals entering my system. Well, good

> luck with the rest of rads. I hope you don't have

> any after effects!

> Carol (from OH)

>

>

> Trisha wrote:

> v\:* {behavior:url (#default#vml);}

> v\:* { BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml) }

> FLAVOR00-NONE-0000-0000-000000000000 4.0 ;

> Thought you might like to see a picture of me

> during radiation treatment. (attached) I am laying

> on a form that they made of me from the waist up

> laying on my back. I am put on this form each time

> I receive treatment. The machine first shoots me

> from the left side of my left breast and then moves

> over me to the right side of my left breast. During

> treatment I am uncovered from the waist up. I had

> them cover me for the picture so that you wouldn't

> have to look at my boobies....although EVERYONE in

> Nashville has seen them.

>

> I am marked with black X's and circles on my left

> breast and then clear tape was put over the marks so

> that I can't wash them off. These remain until I

> finish rads. I also received 3 small dots that were

> tattooed on and will be permanent. These marks are

> so that the machine will shoot the exact same area

> each time.

>

> The treatments only take about 10 minutes and are

> painless. They make me a bit tired but I am used to

> that!! 4 down and 29 more to go.

>

> Mom aka Trisha

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Sneak preview the all-new Yahoo.com. It's not

> radically different. Just radically better.

Guest guest

If a man is going to love you, its not because of how you look, its whats inside that counts. Any man that goes by the external features isn't worth your time.

My husband told me that as soon as I was diagnosed. He said having my left breast gone made it possible for him to be closer to my heart when we cuddle. He loves me for me, not my breasts or any other part.

hugs

nne

Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Lifehttp://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.htmlCheck out my other ornaments atwww.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.htmlLots of info and gifts at:www.cancerclub.comCinDWood Craftshttp://www.cindwoodcrafts.com

To anyone out thereI am single and had a double mascetomy, I haven't hada relationship with an man since then, now I think Imay be ready. But I am shy about my tram flap, and allthe resulting surgical scars on my abdomen and chest.My skin keloids and so they are not pretty. I amwondering if the married couples out there are anyonewith an man friend in their lives, how do they reactto them--- Carol wrote:> Hey Trisha,> Nice picture. It looks exactly like me when I> have my treatment! I have 35 total and have 5 under> my belt, so 30 more to go! The machine looks> identical to the one they use on me, but I wasn't> given a form to lay on. I just lay on the table and> they rubber band my feet together, put my right arm> (side they are radiating) into a holder above my> head and they adjust the machine to line up with the> tattoos. Since we are pretty much on the same> schedule, with chemo about the same time and rads, I> was wondering how things are in the hair regrowth> dept. I have about 1/4 growth and it's mostly all> white!!!! I knew I had white hair because I have> been coloring it for 20 plus years and have never> let it grow out to see how much of it has turned. I> had made up my mind before the chemo that whatever> color it was when it finally came back in , I was> going to be happy with whatever color God gave me.> but ugh! So much gray! I am only 48 and will> probably look 60ish! I am almost> afraid to use hair color again, because I don't> want those chemicals entering my system. Well, good> luck with the rest of rads. I hope you don't have> any after effects!> Carol (from OH)> > > Trisha wrote:> v\:* {behavior:url (#default#vml);} > v\:* { BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml) } > FLAVOR00-NONE-0000-0000-000000000000 4.0 ; > Thought you might like to see a picture of me> during radiation treatment. (attached) I am laying> on a form that they made of me from the waist up> laying on my back. I am put on this form each time> I receive treatment. The machine first shoots me> from the left side of my left breast and then moves> over me to the right side of my left breast. During> treatment I am uncovered from the waist up. I had> them cover me for the picture so that you wouldn't> have to look at my boobies....although EVERYONE in> Nashville has seen them.> > I am marked with black X's and circles on my left> breast and then clear tape was put over the marks so> that I can't wash them off. These remain until I> finish rads. I also received 3 small dots that were> tattooed on and will be permanent. These marks are> so that the machine will shoot the exact same area> each time.> > The treatments only take about 10 minutes and are> painless. They make me a bit tired but I am used to> that!! 4 down and 29 more to go.> > Mom aka Trisha > > > > ---------------------------------> Sneak preview the all-new Yahoo.com. It's not> radically different. Just radically better. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

nne,

Very good post and great words: So very true!

Many Hugs and Lots of Love,

Pattie

To anyone out thereI am single and had a double mascetomy, I haven't hada relationship with an man since then, now I think Imay be ready. But I am shy about my tram flap, and allthe resulting surgical scars on my abdomen and chest.My skin keloids and so they are not pretty. I amwondering if the married couples out there are anyonewith an man friend in their lives, how do they reactto them--- Carol wrote:> Hey Trisha,> Nice picture. It looks exactly like me when I> have my treatment! I have 35 total and have 5 under> my belt, so 30 more to go! The machine looks> identical to the one they use on me, but I wasn't> given a form to lay on. I just lay on the table and> they rubber band my feet together, put my right arm> (side they are radiating) into a holder above my> head and they adjust the machine to line up with the> tattoos. Since we are pretty much on the same> schedule, with chemo about the same time and rads, I> was wondering how things are in the hair regrowth> dept. I have about 1/4 growth and it's mostly all> white!!!! I knew I had white hair because I have> been coloring it for 20 plus years and have never> let it grow out to see how much of it has turned. I> had made up my mind before the chemo that whatever> color it was when it finally came back in , I was> going to be happy with whatever color God gave me.> but ugh! So much gray! I am only 48 and will> probably look 60ish! I am almost> afraid to use hair color again, because I don't> want those chemicals entering my system. Well, good> luck with the rest of rads. I hope you don't have> any after effects!> Carol (from OH)> > > Trisha wrote:> v\:* {behavior:url (#default#vml);} > v\:* { BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml) } > FLAVOR00-NONE-0000-0000-000000000000 4.0 ; > Thought you might like to see a picture of me> during radiation treatment. (attached) I am laying> on a form that they made of me from the waist up> laying on my back. I am put on this form each time> I receive treatment. The machine first shoots me> from the left side of my left breast and then moves> over me to the right side of my left breast. During> treatment I am uncovered from the waist up. I had> them cover me for the picture so that you wouldn't> have to look at my boobies....although EVERYONE in> Nashville has seen them.> > I am marked with black X's and circles on my left> breast and then clear tape was put over the marks so> that I can't wash them off. These remain until I> finish rads. I also received 3 small dots that were> tattooed on and will be permanent. These marks are> so that the machine will shoot the exact same area> each time.> > The treatments only take about 10 minutes and are> painless. They make me a bit tired but I am used to> that!! 4 down and 29 more to go.> > Mom aka Trisha > > > > ---------------------------------> Sneak preview the all-new Yahoo.com. It's not> radically different. Just radically better. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

When i met my husband of today I was divorced and had an eleven year old daughter that was getting completely out of control. I had stretch marks, a C-section scar and a long scar down my back from spinal fusion surgery. He loved me inside and out. He told me that we all have scars whether it be physical or emotional. That was before two more children and two bouts of breast cancer. Now I am awaiting hopefully my last surgery on my reconstruction of both of my breast. He has been there for me no matter what my decisions were and has loved me with all my beauty trails. Pattie Nichols-Kays wrote: nne, Very good post and great words: So very true! Many Hugs and Lots of Love, Pattie Re: [breast

Cancer] (unknown) To anyone out thereI am single and had a double mascetomy, I haven't hada relationship with an man since then, now I think Imay be ready. But I am shy about my tram flap, and allthe resulting surgical scars on my abdomen and chest.My skin keloids and so they are not pretty. I amwondering if the married couples out there are anyonewith an man friend in their lives, how do they reactto them--- Carol wrote:> Hey Trisha,> Nice picture. It looks exactly like me when I> have my treatment! I have 35 total and have 5 under> my belt, so 30 more to go! The machine looks> identical to the one they use on me, but I wasn't> given a form to lay on. I just lay on the table and> they rubber band my feet together, put my right arm> (side they are radiating) into a holder above

my> head and they adjust the machine to line up with the> tattoos. Since we are pretty much on the same> schedule, with chemo about the same time and rads, I> was wondering how things are in the hair regrowth> dept. I have about 1/4 growth and it's mostly all> white!!!! I knew I had white hair because I have> been coloring it for 20 plus years and have never> let it grow out to see how much of it has turned. I> had made up my mind before the chemo that whatever> color it was when it finally came back in , I was> going to be happy with whatever color God gave me.> but ugh! So much gray! I am only 48 and will> probably look 60ish! I am almost> afraid to use hair color again, because I don't> want those chemicals entering my system. Well, good> luck with the rest of rads. I hope you don't have> any after effects!> Carol (from

OH)> > > Trisha wrote:> v\:* {behavior:url (#default#vml);} > v\:* { BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml) } > FLAVOR00-NONE-0000-0000-000000000000 4.0 ; > Thought you might like to see a picture of me> during radiation treatment. (attached) I am laying> on a form that they made of me from the waist up> laying on my back. I am put on this form each time> I receive treatment. The machine first shoots me> from the left side of my left breast and then moves> over me to the right side of my left breast. During> treatment I am uncovered from the waist up. I had> them cover me for the picture so that you

wouldn't> have to look at my boobies....although EVERYONE in> Nashville has seen them.> > I am marked with black X's and circles on my left> breast and then clear tape was put over the marks so> that I can't wash them off. These remain until I> finish rads. I also received 3 small dots that were> tattooed on and will be permanent. These marks are> so that the machine will shoot the exact same area> each time.> > The treatments only take about 10 minutes and are> painless. They make me a bit tired but I am used to> that!! 4 down and 29 more to go.> > Mom aka Trisha > > >

> ---------------------------------> Sneak preview the all-new Yahoo.com. It's not> radically different. Just radically better. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

It's so great to have loving, caring, and supportive husbands; however, there are times when he over does it a bit and gets protective, (which is hard for a person as myself: Stayed divorced for many years and was very independent).

Many Hugs and Love,

Pattie

Guest guest

Hey Carol. Thanks for the compliment. They are surely needed anytime.

The RADS aren't too bad so far. No burn yet, but I do feel some pains shooting through out my breasts now and then. I have 10 down and 23 more to go.

I noticed this morning that my head is gaining some peach fuzz and it is WHITE too!!! EGADDDD. I didn't want WHITE.. I didn't order WHITE and I want to re-order!! I too have colored my hair since I was 18 or so, so I really didn't know I had this much grey. Oh well, I will take any color as long as I have HAIR again!! My DH said he didn't know why I was so anxious to get hair again because I always complain about my hair being so hard to manage and it took me so long to style my hair into something I never liked. MEN!! LOL

60ish ain't so bad Carol. I am 62

Trisha

-- Re: (unknown)

Hey Trisha,

Nice picture. It looks exactly like me when I have my treatment! I have 35 total and have 5 under my belt, so 30 more to go! The machine looks identical to the one they use on me, but I wasn't given a form to lay on. I just lay on the table and they rubber band my feet together, put my right arm (side they are radiating) into a holder above my head and they adjust the machine to line up with the tattoos. Since we are pretty much on the same schedule, with chemo about the same time and rads, I was wondering how things are in the hair regrowth dept. I have about 1/4 growth and it's mostly all white!!!! I knew I had white hair because I have been coloring it for 20 plus years and have never let it grow out to see how much of it has turned. I had made up my mind before the chemo that whatever color it was when it finally came back in , I was going to be happy with whatever color God gave me. but ugh! So much gray! I am only 48 and will probably look 60ish! I am almost afraid to use hair color again, because I don't want those chemicals entering my system. Well, good luck with the rest of rads. I hope you don't have any after effects!

Carol (from OH)

Trisha wrote:

Thought you might like to see a picture of me during radiation treatment. (attached) I am laying on a form that they made of me from the waist up laying on my back. I am put on this form each time I receive treatment. The machine first shoots me from the left side of my left breast and then moves over me to the right side of my left breast. During treatment I am uncovered from the waist up. I had them cover me for the picture so that you wouldn't have to look at my boobies....although EVERYONE in Nashville has seen them.

I am marked with black X's and circles on my left breast and then clear tape was put over the marks so that I can't wash them off. These remain until I finish rads. I also received 3 small dots that were tattooed on and will be permanent. These marks are so that the machine will shoot the exact same area each time.

The treatments only take about 10 minutes and are painless. They make me a bit tired but I am used to that!! 4 down and 29 more to go.

Mom aka Trisha

Sneak preview the all-new Yahoo.com. It's not radically different. Just radically better.

Guest guest

Jan,

My husband had no problems with my mastectomy and no reconstruction. If you to the link below and go part way down there is a letter written by him called The Woman You Love. It will tell you how he feels.

http://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.htmlIf a man is bothered by your scars then hes not worth your time.

Hugs

nne

Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Lifehttp://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.htmlCheck out my other ornaments atwww.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.htmlLots of info and gifts at:www.cancerclub.comCinDWood Craftshttp://www.cindwoodcrafts.com

(unknown)

To anyone out thereI am single and had a double mascetomy, I haven't hada relationship with an man since then, now I think Imay be ready. But I am shy about my tram flap, and allthe resulting surgical scars on my abdomen and chest.My skin keloids and so they are not pretty. I amwondering if the married couples out there are anyonewith an man friend in their lives, how do they reactto themJan.__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi Janice,

I'm new to this group but I joined because I was

interested in women's responses to Tamoxifen (which

I'm on), specifically sexually related side effects.

I was single when I had my mastectomy in 2004, stayed

single thru chemo, and wondered if there was ever

going to be sex after mastectomy. As of this summer,

I can say YES but not w/o some trepidation (on my

part, not his). I'm still not over my own self

consciousness and feel rather tentative about my body,

not just the lack of breast (I opted not to have

reconstructive surgery) but also because I'm convinced

the Tamoxifen is affecting me in that department (too

dry and sort of hmmm, how to explain, not supple or

something, I feel too sensitive like I could just rip

to shreds...). I found the hardest part to be the

disclosure -- I really felt like I needed to explain

what was going on but found it VERY hard to begin that

conversation (which is completely ridiculous since I'd

already told him I'd had breast cancer -- why such a

big deal to tell him I'd had a mastectomy?!). Anyway,

I'd love to hear your thoughts since I'm still really

struggling with this...

--

--- Ms Janice Thornton wrote:

> To anyone out there

>

> I am single and had a double mascetomy, I haven't

> had

> a relationship with an man since then, now I think I

> may be ready. But I am shy about my tram flap, and

> all

> the resulting surgical scars on my abdomen and

> chest.

> My skin keloids and so they are not pretty. I am

> wondering if the married couples out there are

> anyone

> with an man friend in their lives, how do they react

> to them

> Jan.

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Hi ,

My personal choice of lubricant is that new one by k-y jelly with the warming effects. Make it part of your for-play. Sorry if I am too graffic for some. I was married but ex couldn't handle what happened to me. But I met a wonderful , supportive, creative, loving man on the Internet of all places and will be married 5 yrs this October. I still sometimes have self esteem issues but not as often. I am on 225mg of effexor for my depression and I think that helps for the self esteem issues also. I have been battling this dragon since I was 33, found the lump myself and was told by my obgyn that 'he was sure' it wasn't cancer. He sent me for a mamo anyway's and low and behold, cancer. So listen up ladies, if your doctor refuses to send you for a mammo, run to a new doctor or demand your doctor to have one just for peace of mind, it could save your life. By the way, I am 45, currently being treated for the 4th time with mets to lung. I am taking 3800mg of Xeloda a day x 14 days with 7 days off only to start over again, for how long? Till it works or till it stops working then we try something else. I will never give up until they tell me there is no more options then I will tell them to start all over again if possible. Sorry for rambling.

Hugs and prayers from michigan

Hi Janice,I'm new to this group but I joined because I wasinterested in women's responses to Tamoxifen (whichI'm on), specifically sexually related side effects. I was single when I had my mastectomy in 2004, stayedsingle thru chemo, and wondered if there was evergoing to be sex after mastectomy. As of this summer,I can say YES but not w/o some trepidation (on mypart, not his). I'm still not over my own selfconsciousness and feel rather tentative about my body,not just the lack of breast (I opted not to havereconstructive surgery) but also because I'm convincedthe Tamoxifen is affecting me in that department (toodry and sort of hmmm, how to explain, not supple orsomething, I feel too sensitive like I could just ripto shreds...). I found the hardest part to be thedisclosure -- I really felt like I needed to explainwhat was going on but found it VERY hard to begin thatconversation (which is completely ridiculous since I'dalready told him I'd had breast cancer -- why such abig deal to tell him I'd had a mastectomy?!). Anyway,I'd love to hear your thoughts since I'm still reallystruggling with this...----- Ms Janice Thornton <jthor0824> wrote:> To anyone out there> > I am single and had a double mascetomy, I haven't> had> a relationship with an man since then, now I think I> may be ready. But I am shy about my tram flap, and> all> the resulting surgical scars on my abdomen and> chest.> My skin keloids and so they are not pretty. I am> wondering if the married couples out there are> anyone> with an man friend in their lives, how do they react> to them> Jan.> > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

Hi ,

My personal choice of lubricant is that new one by k-y jelly with the warming effects. Make it part of your for-play. Sorry if I am too graffic for some. I was married but ex couldn't handle what happened to me. But I met a wonderful , supportive, creative, loving man on the Internet of all places and will be married 5 yrs this October. I still sometimes have self esteem issues but not as often. I am on 225mg of effexor for my depression and I think that helps for the self esteem issues also. I have been battling this dragon since I was 33, found the lump myself and was told by my obgyn that 'he was sure' it wasn't cancer. He sent me for a mamo anyway's and low and behold, cancer. So listen up ladies, if your doctor refuses to send you for a mammo, run to a new doctor or demand your doctor to have one just for peace of mind, it could save your life. By the way, I am 45, currently being treated for the 4th time with mets to lung. I am taking 3800mg of Xeloda a day x 14 days with 7 days off only to start over again, for how long? Till it works or till it stops working then we try something else. I will never give up until they tell me there is no more options then I will tell them to start all over again if possible. Sorry for rambling.

Hugs and prayers from michigan

Hi Janice,I'm new to this group but I joined because I wasinterested in women's responses to Tamoxifen (whichI'm on), specifically sexually related side effects. I was single when I had my mastectomy in 2004, stayedsingle thru chemo, and wondered if there was evergoing to be sex after mastectomy. As of this summer,I can say YES but not w/o some trepidation (on mypart, not his). I'm still not over my own selfconsciousness and feel rather tentative about my body,not just the lack of breast (I opted not to havereconstructive surgery) but also because I'm convincedthe Tamoxifen is affecting me in that department (toodry and sort of hmmm, how to explain, not supple orsomething, I feel too sensitive like I could just ripto shreds...). I found the hardest part to be thedisclosure -- I really felt like I needed to explainwhat was going on but found it VERY hard to begin thatconversation (which is completely ridiculous since I'dalready told him I'd had breast cancer -- why such abig deal to tell him I'd had a mastectomy?!). Anyway,I'd love to hear your thoughts since I'm still reallystruggling with this...----- Ms Janice Thornton <jthor0824> wrote:> To anyone out there> > I am single and had a double mascetomy, I haven't> had> a relationship with an man since then, now I think I> may be ready. But I am shy about my tram flap, and> all> the resulting surgical scars on my abdomen and> chest.> My skin keloids and so they are not pretty. I am> wondering if the married couples out there are> anyone> with an man friend in their lives, how do they react> to them> Jan.> > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

Carol,

Great attitude!! Keep it up :-)

Hugs

nne

Guest guest

Carol,

Hugs

nne

Guest guest

Hello , Yes, the aromotase inhibitors do dry you up. I use ky jelly the warming one it still feels like rubbing glass but I make the best of it. Most of the time the men don't even know a difference. Sharon C" H. McGill" wrote: Hi Janice,I'm new to this group but I joined because I wasinterested in women's responses to Tamoxifen (whichI'm on), specifically sexually related side effects. I was single when I had my mastectomy in 2004,

stayedsingle thru chemo, and wondered if there was evergoing to be sex after mastectomy. As of this summer,I can say YES but not w/o some trepidation (on mypart, not his). I'm still not over my own selfconsciousness and feel rather tentative about my body,not just the lack of breast (I opted not to havereconstructive surgery) but also because I'm convincedthe Tamoxifen is affecting me in that department (toodry and sort of hmmm, how to explain, not supple orsomething, I feel too sensitive like I could just ripto shreds...). I found the hardest part to be thedisclosure -- I really felt like I needed to explainwhat was going on but found it VERY hard to begin thatconversation (which is completely ridiculous since I'dalready told him I'd had breast cancer -- why such abig deal to tell him I'd had a mastectomy?!). Anyway,I'd love to hear your thoughts since I'm still reallystruggling with

this...----- Ms Janice Thornton <jthor0824> wrote:> To anyone out there> > I am single and had a double mascetomy, I haven't> had> a relationship with an man since then, now I think I> may be ready. But I am shy about my tram flap, and> all> the resulting surgical scars on my abdomen and> chest.> My skin keloids and so they are not pretty. I am> wondering if the married couples out there are> anyone> with an man friend in their lives, how do they react> to them> Jan.> > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

Hello , Yes, the aromotase inhibitors do dry you up. I use ky jelly the warming one it still feels like rubbing glass but I make the best of it. Most of the time the men don't even know a difference. Sharon C" H. McGill" wrote: Hi Janice,I'm new to this group but I joined because I wasinterested in women's responses to Tamoxifen (whichI'm on), specifically sexually related side effects. I was single when I had my mastectomy in 2004,

stayedsingle thru chemo, and wondered if there was evergoing to be sex after mastectomy. As of this summer,I can say YES but not w/o some trepidation (on mypart, not his). I'm still not over my own selfconsciousness and feel rather tentative about my body,not just the lack of breast (I opted not to havereconstructive surgery) but also because I'm convincedthe Tamoxifen is affecting me in that department (toodry and sort of hmmm, how to explain, not supple orsomething, I feel too sensitive like I could just ripto shreds...). I found the hardest part to be thedisclosure -- I really felt like I needed to explainwhat was going on but found it VERY hard to begin thatconversation (which is completely ridiculous since I'dalready told him I'd had breast cancer -- why such abig deal to tell him I'd had a mastectomy?!). Anyway,I'd love to hear your thoughts since I'm still reallystruggling with

this...----- Ms Janice Thornton <jthor0824> wrote:> To anyone out there> > I am single and had a double mascetomy, I haven't> had> a relationship with an man since then, now I think I> may be ready. But I am shy about my tram flap, and> all> the resulting surgical scars on my abdomen and> chest.> My skin keloids and so they are not pretty. I am> wondering if the married couples out there are> anyone> with an man friend in their lives, how do they react> to them> Jan.> > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

Easier said than done but I try

Carol,

Hugs

nne

Guest guest

Trisha,

Thanks so much for the update. Have a wonderful time on your trip. You deserve

it :-)

Hugs

nne

Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Life

http://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.html

Check out my other ornaments at

www.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.html

Lots of info and gifts at:

www.cancerclub.com

CinDWood Crafts

http://www.cindwoodcrafts.com

(unknown)

A lot of you have asked me for a report on " me " ... (blushing) so here it is

I am doing great, except for the good sized treatment area which is burned

on my left side. The radiation has made my surgery scars hard and very

painful. (auxiliary scar in my armpit and tumor removal scar on the left of

my breast itself.) The radiation concentrates itself mostly in the folds of

the skin and the auxiliary scar is deep and has made it's own fold so it has

taken the brunt of the radiation. I also have a good sized area under my

breast that is pretty burnt and peeling and very tender. I only have 7 more

treatments to go.... Hallelujah!

The radiation has not left me as tired as the chemotherapy, thank goodness,

but I am still not 100%. It has been a long uphill road but I am nearing

the end of this battle and within the year will hopefully be back to where I

was before November of last year when this all began.

I have a light covering of hair on my head now and it is growing by leaps

and bounds. I can't keep my hands off my head as I love feeling the " fuzz "

that is residing up there.

I am so lucky to have my Bill by my side. A very caring and helpful man

that has sweetly walked with me every step of the way. I also have had all

of you with me and I am so appreciative of that too. God bless you all!

When I finish my radiation on the 30th of June, Bill and I will be heading

out the following week to go on an RV adventure. We are heading to Maine

for an RV rally and then off to unknown parts of the good ole USA. We plan

to be gone at least 3 weeks and perhaps even longer. We will load ole

Smudge up and the three of us will just follow our noses after the rally.

Smooches to all of you. Thanks for your blessings and prayers.

Trisha

Guest guest

Good for you, Trisha!!! I hope the last few treatments breeze by and you have a

GREAT time on your trip. We will all be here drooling, but also know our time

will come. So glad things are going well for you.

Barb

(unknown)

Trisha

Guest guest

Good for you, Trisha!!! I hope the last few treatments breeze by and you have a

GREAT time on your trip. We will all be here drooling, but also know our time

will come. So glad things are going well for you.

Barb

(unknown)

Trisha

Guest guest

Hi Trisha,

I am and I just finished my chemo and will start radio soon.

It is good to hear that radio is not so bad. I had such a hard time with this

treatment that I am glad that I will have a break!

Hugs

Trisha wrote:

A lot of you have asked me for a report on " me " ... (blushing) so here

it is

Trisha

Guest guest

Wish I could take all of you with me. Wouldn't that be a ball!!

Trisha

Trisha,

Thanks so much for the update. Have a wonderful time on your trip. You

deserve it :-)

Hugs

nne

Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Life

http://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.html

Check out my other ornaments at

www.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.html

Lots of info and gifts at:

www.cancerclub.com

CinDWood Crafts

http://www.cindwoodcrafts.com

(unknown)

A lot of you have asked me for a report on " me " ... (blushing) so here it

is

painful. (auxiliary scar in my armpit and tumor removal scar on the left

of

my breast itself.) The radiation concentrates itself mostly in the folds

of

the skin and the auxiliary scar is deep and has made it's own fold so it

has

breast that is pretty burnt and peeling and very tender. I only have 7

more

The radiation has not left me as tired as the chemotherapy, thank goodness

the end of this battle and within the year will hopefully be back to where

I

Trisha

Guest guest

I don't think so. Any T4 will be converted to RT3 from my understanding and Armour has T4.

Kitty

To: RT3_T3 Sent: Thu, April 1, 2010 1:52:56 PMSubject: (unknown)

anyone clear rt3 by using armour thyroid? Is it possible at all. My Dr. thinks it is Thanks Kim

Guest guest

I don't think so. Any T4 will be converted to RT3 from my understanding and Armour has T4.

Kitty

To: RT3_T3 Sent: Thu, April 1, 2010 1:52:56 PMSubject: (unknown)

anyone clear rt3 by using armour thyroid? Is it possible at all. My Dr. thinks it is Thanks Kim