RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: LOW CARB DEVILED EGGS?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

how about a pinch of miracle whip with dry mustard. That is how I make deviled eggs. Thanks for the idea. I haven't made deviled eggs in a long time. How long do they last once made. Could I make 10 eggs and they would still be safe to eat during the week?

LOW CARB DEVILED EGGS?

Anybody have an idea on low carb deviled eggs instead of just a hard boiled egg. Just trying to get ideas.Reminder: The South Beach Diet is not low-carb. Nor is it low-fat. The South Beach Diet teaches you to rely on the right carbs and the right fats-the good ones - and enables you to live quite happily without the bad carbs and bad fats. For more on this Way Of Eating please read "The South Beach Diet" by Arthur Agatston, MD. ISBN 1-57954-814-8

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.10.2 - Release Date: 4/21/2005

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.10.2 - Release Date: 4/21/2005

Guest guest

how about a pinch of miracle whip with dry mustard. That is how I make deviled eggs. Thanks for the idea. I haven't made deviled eggs in a long time. How long do they last once made. Could I make 10 eggs and they would still be safe to eat during the week?

LOW CARB DEVILED EGGS?

Anybody have an idea on low carb deviled eggs instead of just a hard boiled egg. Just trying to get ideas.Reminder: The South Beach Diet is not low-carb. Nor is it low-fat. The South Beach Diet teaches you to rely on the right carbs and the right fats-the good ones - and enables you to live quite happily without the bad carbs and bad fats. For more on this Way Of Eating please read "The South Beach Diet" by Arthur Agatston, MD. ISBN 1-57954-814-8

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.10.2 - Release Date: 4/21/2005

Guest guest

LOW CARB DEVILED EGGS?

Guest guest

Nope, sorry for the confusion. Just the title of the message said low carb deviled eggs. Just letting people know we aren't looking for low carb things, but good carb things. I didn't mean to confuse you. You make them just like I do. :) Carol

Reminder: The South Beach Diet is not low-carb. Nor is it low-fat. The South Beach Diet teaches you to rely on the right carbs and the right fats-the good ones - and enables you to live quite happily without the bad carbs and bad fats. For more on this Way Of Eating please read "The South Beach Diet" by Arthur Agatston, MD. ISBN 1-57954-814-8

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.10.2 - Release Date: 4/21/2005Reminder: The South Beach Diet is not low-carb. Nor is it low-fat. The South Beach Diet teaches you to rely on the right carbs and the right fats-the good ones - and enables you to live quite happily without the bad carbs and bad fats. For more on this Way Of Eating please read "The South Beach Diet" by Arthur Agatston, MD. ISBN 1-57954-814-8

This message scanned for viruses by CoreComm

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.9.15 - Release Date: 04/16/2005

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.

Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.9.15 - Release Date: 04/16/2005

Guest guest

Nope, sorry for the confusion. Just the title of the message said low carb deviled eggs. Just letting people know we aren't looking for low carb things, but good carb things. I didn't mean to confuse you. You make them just like I do. :) Carol

Reminder: The South Beach Diet is not low-carb. Nor is it low-fat. The South Beach Diet teaches you to rely on the right carbs and the right fats-the good ones - and enables you to live quite happily without the bad carbs and bad fats. For more on this Way Of Eating please read "The South Beach Diet" by Arthur Agatston, MD. ISBN 1-57954-814-8

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.10.2 - Release Date: 4/21/2005Reminder: The South Beach Diet is not low-carb. Nor is it low-fat. The South Beach Diet teaches you to rely on the right carbs and the right fats-the good ones - and enables you to live quite happily without the bad carbs and bad fats. For more on this Way Of Eating please read "The South Beach Diet" by Arthur Agatston, MD. ISBN 1-57954-814-8

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.9.15 - Release Date: 04/16/2005

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sugar in deviled eggs?? I have never heard of that and yuck don't want to try that either. Not sure about the carbs thing. I don't pay attention to my carbs...........is that something I need to worry about?

Thank you for the suggestion. I like the deviled eggs smooth. Normally I use mayo, sugar and mustard. What do you think about nonfat mayo, splenda and the mustard would that be good? How many carbs does a regular hard boiled egg have?> > > > Anybody have an idea on low carb deviled eggs instead of just a hard > > boiled egg. Just trying to get ideas.Reminder: The South Beach Diet is not low-carb. Nor is it low-fat. The South Beach Diet teaches you to rely on the right carbs and the right fats-the good ones - and enables you to live quite happily without the bad carbs and bad fats. For more on this Way Of Eating please read "The South Beach Diet" by Arthur Agatston, MD. ISBN 1-57954-814-8

Guest guest

Sugar in deviled eggs?? I have never heard of that and yuck don't want to try that either. Not sure about the carbs thing. I don't pay attention to my carbs...........is that something I need to worry about?

Thank you for the suggestion. I like the deviled eggs smooth. Normally I use mayo, sugar and mustard. What do you think about nonfat mayo, splenda and the mustard would that be good? How many carbs does a regular hard boiled egg have?> > > > Anybody have an idea on low carb deviled eggs instead of just a hard > > boiled egg. Just trying to get ideas.Reminder: The South Beach Diet is not low-carb. Nor is it low-fat. The South Beach Diet teaches you to rely on the right carbs and the right fats-the good ones - and enables you to live quite happily without the bad carbs and bad fats. For more on this Way Of Eating please read "The South Beach Diet" by Arthur Agatston, MD. ISBN 1-57954-814-8

Guest guest

Guest guest

> Anybody have an idea on low carb deviled eggs instead of just

> a hard boiled egg. Just trying to get ideas.

Why would you want to tamper with perfection? :)

First and foremost -- we are NOT a low carb diet on the SBD. Keep that in

mind as you go through foods and the like. Now, on to more important

matters.... ;)

Deviled eggs are by their very nature low carb. A large egg holds only

about half a gram of carbohydrates and about 5 grams of fat. What you need

to watch out for is what you do with the yolks when you put together the mix

that goes in the egg-white halves.

For that, there are just dozens and dozens and dozens of recipes you can

use. The old standby is to simply mash the yolk, add some salt/pepper, a

little mustard, then add mayo to make it creamy and, finally, fill. To this

you can add pickle relish (there are no-sugar versions out there), a paprika

garnish, and so many other things.

All in all, it's a perfectly acceptable food on the SBD and a great food for

parties (ESPECIALLY with warmer weather coming on).

Guest guest

matters.... ;)

Guest guest

matters.... ;)

Guest guest

Thank you very much. I've been meaning to ask that question because

I love deviled eggs and once I reach my goal weight I want to be

able to eat these. The only thing that's really my only true

weakness along with mashed potatoes. I can sit and eat 5 dozen

deviled eggs. I know I've done it before. So maybe before I eat one

again maybe I should just go ahead and eat the hard boiled egg lol.

> > Anybody have an idea on low carb deviled eggs instead of just

> > a hard boiled egg. Just trying to get ideas.

>

> Why would you want to tamper with perfection? :)

>

> First and foremost -- we are NOT a low carb diet on the SBD. Keep

that in

> mind as you go through foods and the like. Now, on to more

important

> matters.... ;)

>

> Deviled eggs are by their very nature low carb. A large egg holds

only

> about half a gram of carbohydrates and about 5 grams of fat. What

you need

> to watch out for is what you do with the yolks when you put

together the mix

> that goes in the egg-white halves.

>

> For that, there are just dozens and dozens and dozens of recipes

you can

> use. The old standby is to simply mash the yolk, add some

salt/pepper, a

> little mustard, then add mayo to make it creamy and, finally,

fill. To this

> you can add pickle relish (there are no-sugar versions out there),

a paprika

> garnish, and so many other things.

>

> All in all, it's a perfectly acceptable food on the SBD and a

great food for

> parties (ESPECIALLY with warmer weather coming on).

>

>

Guest guest

Thank you very much. I've been meaning to ask that question because

I love deviled eggs and once I reach my goal weight I want to be

able to eat these. The only thing that's really my only true

weakness along with mashed potatoes. I can sit and eat 5 dozen

deviled eggs. I know I've done it before. So maybe before I eat one

again maybe I should just go ahead and eat the hard boiled egg lol.

> > Anybody have an idea on low carb deviled eggs instead of just

> > a hard boiled egg. Just trying to get ideas.

>

> Why would you want to tamper with perfection? :)

>

> First and foremost -- we are NOT a low carb diet on the SBD. Keep

that in

> mind as you go through foods and the like. Now, on to more

important

> matters.... ;)

>

> Deviled eggs are by their very nature low carb. A large egg holds

only

> about half a gram of carbohydrates and about 5 grams of fat. What

you need

> to watch out for is what you do with the yolks when you put

together the mix

> that goes in the egg-white halves.

>

> For that, there are just dozens and dozens and dozens of recipes

you can

> use. The old standby is to simply mash the yolk, add some

salt/pepper, a

> little mustard, then add mayo to make it creamy and, finally,

fill. To this

> you can add pickle relish (there are no-sugar versions out there),

a paprika

> garnish, and so many other things.

>

> All in all, it's a perfectly acceptable food on the SBD and a

great food for

> parties (ESPECIALLY with warmer weather coming on).

>

>

Guest guest

> how about a pinch of miracle whip with dry mustard. That is

> how I make deviled eggs. Thanks for the idea. I haven't

> made deviled eggs in a long time. How long do they last

> once made. Could I make 10 eggs and they would still be

> safe to eat during the week?

The American Egg Board (yes, there really is such a thing -- they came up

with the slogan, " The incredible, edible egg " back in the 80s) has all the

information you could ever want on the egg. According to them, hard boiled

eggs are good in the fridge for 1 week. Based on that, I would think

deviled eggs would probably be ok for 3-5 days if kept in a sealed container

on the bottom shelf of the fridge.

Guest guest

> how about a pinch of miracle whip with dry mustard. That is

> how I make deviled eggs. Thanks for the idea. I haven't

> made deviled eggs in a long time. How long do they last

> once made. Could I make 10 eggs and they would still be

> safe to eat during the week?

The American Egg Board (yes, there really is such a thing -- they came up

with the slogan, " The incredible, edible egg " back in the 80s) has all the

information you could ever want on the egg. According to them, hard boiled

eggs are good in the fridge for 1 week. Based on that, I would think

deviled eggs would probably be ok for 3-5 days if kept in a sealed container

on the bottom shelf of the fridge.

Guest guest

-

Good that is how I make my eggs.

RE: LOW CARB DEVILED EGGS? The old standby is to simply mash the yolk, add some salt/pepper, alittle mustard, then add mayo to make it creamy and, finally, fill. To thisyou can add pickle relish (there are no-sugar versions out there), a paprikagarnish, and so many other things.

Guest guest

-

Good that is how I make my eggs.

RE: LOW CARB DEVILED EGGS? The old standby is to simply mash the yolk, add some salt/pepper, alittle mustard, then add mayo to make it creamy and, finally, fill. To thisyou can add pickle relish (there are no-sugar versions out there), a paprikagarnish, and so many other things.

Guest guest

Are you serious, Hard boiled eggs are only good for a week? Oh my gosh, I have eaten them as old as three weeks! Never got ill or anything. I guess I will start putting the date on the egg shell next time I boil them.

RE: LOW CARB DEVILED EGGS?

According to them, hard boiledeggs are good in the fridge for 1 week. Based on that, I would thinkdeviled eggs would probably be ok for 3-5 days if kept in a sealed containeron the bottom shelf of the fridge.

Guest guest

Are you serious, Hard boiled eggs are only good for a week? Oh my gosh, I have eaten them as old as three weeks! Never got ill or anything. I guess I will start putting the date on the egg shell next time I boil them.

RE: LOW CARB DEVILED EGGS?

According to them, hard boiledeggs are good in the fridge for 1 week. Based on that, I would thinkdeviled eggs would probably be ok for 3-5 days if kept in a sealed containeron the bottom shelf of the fridge.

Guest guest

I made all the hard boiled eggs I'm going to need for the next 2

weeks looks like my husband will have to eat some too. I thought

they could last longer than a week. Maybe if I use my foodsaver it

will last longer since it makes everything airtight.

> Are you serious, Hard boiled eggs are only good for a week? Oh my

gosh, I have eaten them as old as three weeks! Never got ill or

anything. I guess I will start putting the date on the egg shell

next time I boil them.

>

> RE: LOW CARB DEVILED EGGS?

>

>

> According to them, hard boiled

> eggs are good in the fridge for 1 week. Based on that, I would

think

> deviled eggs would probably be ok for 3-5 days if kept in a

sealed container

> on the bottom shelf of the fridge.

>

>

>

>

> No virus found in this outgoing message.

> Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

> Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.10.2 - Release Date:

4/21/2005

Guest guest

next time I boil them.

>

>

>

think

sealed container

>

>

>

>

4/21/2005

Guest guest

next time I boil them.

>

>

>

think

sealed container

>

>

>

>

4/21/2005

Guest guest

5 dozen eggs!!! That is 60 eggs, OMG, I thought I was bad eating about a box of cookies and those might have 30 in them.

.. I can sit and eat 5 dozen deviled eggs. I know I've done it before. So maybe before I eat one again maybe I should just go ahead and eat the hard boiled egg lol.

Guest guest

5 dozen eggs!!! That is 60 eggs, OMG, I thought I was bad eating about a box of cookies and those might have 30 in them.

.. I can sit and eat 5 dozen deviled eggs. I know I've done it before. So maybe before I eat one again maybe I should just go ahead and eat the hard boiled egg lol.