> kids. My husband is going to college full time and working

> part time as a teacher in one of those weird science programs

> at all the schools in our area. I have been on phase 1 for 1

> month. Today is the last day of phase 1 thank goodness and

> tomorrow I start on phase 2. I have really slowed down on

> losing weight. In the past week I have only lost 1 pound and

> I'm getting very frustrated. So I need some support from

> others that know what I'm going through by being on this diet

> as well. I'm so glad I'm part of this group.

I'll bet you're getting frustrated. Maybe that's because you haven't

followed the diet. We already had this discussion over on the Newbies group

and you left that group to start your own because you didn't like what you

were being told. That's not going to be any different over here, .

Guest guest

> Hi everyone. My name is . I'm 24 years old and I've

> been on the diet since 3/25/05. I have lost 21 pounds and 4

> inches off my waist. I started out at 190 and I am now at

> 169. I'm 5 ft tall and I live in Ohio. I am married with no

> kids. My husband is going to college full time and working

> part time as a teacher in one of those weird science programs

> at all the schools in our area. I have been on phase 1 for 1

> month. Today is the last day of phase 1 thank goodness and

> tomorrow I start on phase 2. I have really slowed down on

> losing weight. In the past week I have only lost 1 pound and

> I'm getting very frustrated. So I need some support from

> others that know what I'm going through by being on this diet

> as well. I'm so glad I'm part of this group.

I'll bet you're getting frustrated. Maybe that's because you haven't

followed the diet. We already had this discussion over on the Newbies group

and you left that group to start your own because you didn't like what you

were being told. That's not going to be any different over here, .

Guest guest

Your weightloss will slow down to 1-2 pounds a week or so regardless what phase you are on. That is frustrating, but it is the "healthy" way to lose. Also as you get closer to goal it will take longer.

You will not lose faster staying on phase one, and your body needs the nutrition of phase two foods. Add them in slowly. They could make you gain until your body gets used to them.

Remember that even at a pound a week, you will be at goal this time next year, which is better than the alternative. Just don't give up. You are doing well, even with the pound this week. :) Carol

Hello Everyone I'm New!

Your wHi everyone. My name is . I'm 24 years old and I've been on the diet since 3/25/05. I have lost 21 pounds and 4 inches off my waist. I started out at 190 and I am now at 169. I'm 5 ft tall and I live in Ohio. I am married with no kids. My husband is going to college full time and working part time as a teacher in one of those weird science programs at all the schools in our area. I have been on phase 1 for 1 month. Today is the last day of phase 1 thank goodness and tomorrow I start on phase 2. I have really slowed down on losing weight. In the past week I have only lost 1 pound and I'm getting very frustrated. So I need some support from others that know what I'm going through by being on this diet as well. I'm so glad I'm part of this group. Reminder: The South Beach Diet is not low-carb. Nor is it low-fat. The South Beach Diet teaches you to rely on the right carbs and the right fats-the good ones - and enables you to live quite happily without the bad carbs and bad fats. For more on this Way Of Eating please read "The South Beach Diet" by Arthur Agatston, MD. ISBN 1-57954-814-8

This message scanned for viruses by CoreComm

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.9.15 - Release Date: 04/16/2005

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.9.15 - Release Date: 04/16/2005

Guest guest

Your weightloss will slow down to 1-2 pounds a week or so regardless what phase you are on. That is frustrating, but it is the "healthy" way to lose. Also as you get closer to goal it will take longer.

You will not lose faster staying on phase one, and your body needs the nutrition of phase two foods. Add them in slowly. They could make you gain until your body gets used to them.

Remember that even at a pound a week, you will be at goal this time next year, which is better than the alternative. Just don't give up. You are doing well, even with the pound this week. :) Carol

Hello Everyone I'm New!

Your wHi everyone. My name is . I'm 24 years old and I've been on the diet since 3/25/05. I have lost 21 pounds and 4 inches off my waist. I started out at 190 and I am now at 169. I'm 5 ft tall and I live in Ohio. I am married with no kids. My husband is going to college full time and working part time as a teacher in one of those weird science programs at all the schools in our area. I have been on phase 1 for 1 month. Today is the last day of phase 1 thank goodness and tomorrow I start on phase 2. I have really slowed down on losing weight. In the past week I have only lost 1 pound and I'm getting very frustrated. So I need some support from others that know what I'm going through by being on this diet as well. I'm so glad I'm part of this group. Reminder: The South Beach Diet is not low-carb. Nor is it low-fat. The South Beach Diet teaches you to rely on the right carbs and the right fats-the good ones - and enables you to live quite happily without the bad carbs and bad fats. For more on this Way Of Eating please read "The South Beach Diet" by Arthur Agatston, MD. ISBN 1-57954-814-8

This message scanned for viruses by CoreComm

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.9.15 - Release Date: 04/16/2005

Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.9.15 - Release Date: 04/16/2005

Guest guest

-what is the link to the newbie's group. Perhaps I am in the wrong forum. I am at the end of week 3.

RE: Hello Everyone I'm New!

> Hi everyone. My name is . I'm 24 years old and I've > been on the diet since 3/25/05. I have lost 21 pounds and 4 > inches off my waist. I started out at 190 and I am now at > 169. I'm 5 ft tall and I live in Ohio. I am married with no > kids. My husband is going to college full time and working > part time as a teacher in one of those weird science programs > at all the schools in our area. I have been on phase 1 for 1 > month. Today is the last day of phase 1 thank goodness and > tomorrow I start on phase 2. I have really slowed down on > losing weight. In the past week I have only lost 1 pound and > I'm getting very frustrated. So I need some support from > others that know what I'm going through by being on this diet > as well. I'm so glad I'm part of this group. I'll bet you're getting frustrated. Maybe that's because you haven'tfollowed the diet. We already had this discussion over on the Newbies groupand you left that group to start your own because you didn't like what youwere being told. That's not going to be any different over here, .Reminder: The South Beach Diet is not low-carb. Nor is it low-fat. The South Beach Diet teaches you to rely on the right carbs and the right fats-the good ones - and enables you to live quite happily without the bad carbs and bad fats. For more on this Way Of Eating please read "The South Beach Diet" by Arthur Agatston, MD. ISBN 1-57954-814-8

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.10.2 - Release Date: 4/21/2005

Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.10.2 - Release Date: 4/21/2005

Guest guest

-what is the link to the newbie's group. Perhaps I am in the wrong forum. I am at the end of week 3.

> Hi everyone. My name is . I'm 24 years old and I've > been on the diet since 3/25/05. I have lost 21 pounds and 4 > inches off my waist. I started out at 190 and I am now at > 169. I'm 5 ft tall and I live in Ohio. I am married with no > kids. My husband is going to college full time and working > part time as a teacher in one of those weird science programs > at all the schools in our area. I have been on phase 1 for 1 > month. Today is the last day of phase 1 thank goodness and > tomorrow I start on phase 2. I have really slowed down on > losing weight. In the past week I have only lost 1 pound and > I'm getting very frustrated. So I need some support from > others that know what I'm going through by being on this diet > as well. I'm so glad I'm part of this group. I'll bet you're getting frustrated. Maybe that's because you haven'tfollowed the diet. We already had this discussion over on the Newbies groupand you left that group to start your own because you didn't like what youwere being told. That's not going to be any different over here, .Reminder: The South Beach Diet is not low-carb. Nor is it low-fat. The South Beach Diet teaches you to rely on the right carbs and the right fats-the good ones - and enables you to live quite happily without the bad carbs and bad fats. For more on this Way Of Eating please read "The South Beach Diet" by Arthur Agatston, MD. ISBN 1-57954-814-8

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.10.2 - Release Date: 4/21/2005

Guest guest

Guest guest

Why on earth would you stay on phase one for four weeks? You are supposed to

only stay there for two. I sincerely hope that you have read the book so

that you understand why you should be doing certain things.

Chuck

Hello Everyone I'm New!

>

>

> Hi everyone. My name is . I'm 24 years old and I've been on the

> diet since 3/25/05. I have lost 21 pounds and 4 inches off my waist. I

> started out at 190 and I am now at 169. I'm 5 ft tall and I live in

> Ohio. I am married with no kids. My husband is going to college full

> time and working part time as a teacher in one of those weird science

> programs at all the schools in our area. I have been on phase 1 for 1

> month. Today is the last day of phase 1 thank goodness and tomorrow I

> start on phase 2. I have really slowed down on losing weight. In the

> past week I have only lost 1 pound and I'm getting very frustrated. So

> I need some support from others that know what I'm going through by

> being on this diet as well. I'm so glad I'm part of this group.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Reminder: The South Beach Diet is not low-carb. Nor is it low-fat. The

> South Beach Diet teaches you to rely on the right carbs and the right

> fats-the good ones - and enables you to live quite happily without the bad

> carbs and bad fats.

>

> For more on this Way Of Eating please read " The South Beach Diet " by

> Arthur Agatston, MD. ISBN 1-57954-814-8

>

Guest guest

Chuck

Hello Everyone I'm New!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> carbs and bad fats.

>

>

Guest guest

Chuck

Hello Everyone I'm New!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> carbs and bad fats.

>

>

Guest guest

Chuck,

Well the book does say you can stay on longer if you want. Seems kind of odd to me, I am finding it nice to have brown rice once in a while with my veggies and some bread for a sandwich.

Hello Everyone I'm New!>>> Hi everyone. My name is . I'm 24 years old and I've been on the> diet since 3/25/05. I have lost 21 pounds and 4 inches off my waist. I> started out at 190 and I am now at 169. I'm 5 ft tall and I live in> Ohio. I am married with no kids. My husband is going to college full> time and working part time as a teacher in one of those weird science> programs at all the schools in our area. I have been on phase 1 for 1> month. Today is the last day of phase 1 thank goodness and tomorrow I> start on phase 2. I have really slowed down on losing weight. In the> past week I have only lost 1 pound and I'm getting very frustrated. So> I need some support from others that know what I'm going through by> being on this diet as well. I'm so glad I'm part of this group.>> >>>>>>> Reminder: The South Beach Diet is not low-carb. Nor is it low-fat. The > South Beach Diet teaches you to rely on the right carbs and the right > fats-the good ones - and enables you to live quite happily without the bad > carbs and bad fats.>> For more on this Way Of Eating please read "The South Beach Diet" by > Arthur Agatston, MD. ISBN 1-57954-814-8>

Guest guest

Chuck,

Well the book does say you can stay on longer if you want. Seems kind of odd to me, I am finding it nice to have brown rice once in a while with my veggies and some bread for a sandwich.

Hello Everyone I'm New!>>> Hi everyone. My name is . I'm 24 years old and I've been on the> diet since 3/25/05. I have lost 21 pounds and 4 inches off my waist. I> started out at 190 and I am now at 169. I'm 5 ft tall and I live in> Ohio. I am married with no kids. My husband is going to college full> time and working part time as a teacher in one of those weird science> programs at all the schools in our area. I have been on phase 1 for 1> month. Today is the last day of phase 1 thank goodness and tomorrow I> start on phase 2. I have really slowed down on losing weight. In the> past week I have only lost 1 pound and I'm getting very frustrated. So> I need some support from others that know what I'm going through by> being on this diet as well. I'm so glad I'm part of this group.>> >>>>>>> Reminder: The South Beach Diet is not low-carb. Nor is it low-fat. The > South Beach Diet teaches you to rely on the right carbs and the right > fats-the good ones - and enables you to live quite happily without the bad > carbs and bad fats.>> For more on this Way Of Eating please read "The South Beach Diet" by > Arthur Agatston, MD. ISBN 1-57954-814-8>

Guest guest

Chuck,

Guest guest

Amada-

What kind of weird science program does your hubby teach? I have a month to go before I become a credentialed teacher. I would love to teach science and/or math.

Hello Everyone I'm New!

Hi everyone. My name is . I'm 24 years old and I've been on the diet since 3/25/05. I have lost 21 pounds and 4 inches off my waist. I started out at 190 and I am now at 169. I'm 5 ft tall and I live in Ohio. I am married with no kids. My husband is going to college full time and working part time as a teacher in one of those weird science programs at all the schools in our area. I have been on phase 1 for 1 month. Today is the last day of phase 1 thank goodness and tomorrow I start on phase 2. I have really slowed down on losing weight. In the past week I have only lost 1 pound and I'm getting very frustrated. So I need some support from others that know what I'm going through by being on this diet as well. I'm so glad I'm part of this group. Reminder: The South Beach Diet is not low-carb. Nor is it low-fat. The South Beach Diet teaches you to rely on the right carbs and the right fats-the good ones - and enables you to live quite happily without the bad carbs and bad fats. For more on this Way Of Eating please read "The South Beach Diet" by Arthur Agatston, MD. ISBN 1-57954-814-8

Guest guest

Amada-

What kind of weird science program does your hubby teach? I have a month to go before I become a credentialed teacher. I would love to teach science and/or math.

Hello Everyone I'm New!

Hi everyone. My name is . I'm 24 years old and I've been on the diet since 3/25/05. I have lost 21 pounds and 4 inches off my waist. I started out at 190 and I am now at 169. I'm 5 ft tall and I live in Ohio. I am married with no kids. My husband is going to college full time and working part time as a teacher in one of those weird science programs at all the schools in our area. I have been on phase 1 for 1 month. Today is the last day of phase 1 thank goodness and tomorrow I start on phase 2. I have really slowed down on losing weight. In the past week I have only lost 1 pound and I'm getting very frustrated. So I need some support from others that know what I'm going through by being on this diet as well. I'm so glad I'm part of this group. Reminder: The South Beach Diet is not low-carb. Nor is it low-fat. The South Beach Diet teaches you to rely on the right carbs and the right fats-the good ones - and enables you to live quite happily without the bad carbs and bad fats. For more on this Way Of Eating please read "The South Beach Diet" by Arthur Agatston, MD. ISBN 1-57954-814-8

Guest guest

Hi ;

Welcome to our group! We're a great group of people who share, ask questions, and we're very intelligent too. We'll help keep you on track with your new way of life so your weight loss will be gone forever. ;)

I'm glad you'll be moving to P2 tomorrow. A month on P1 is not recommended at all, unless you have a large amount to lose. Dr. A suggests 3 weeks, tops. The reason you probably stopped losing last week is because you're not getting enough calories and your body is protecting itself from starving. I'm no expert by any means, just speaking from personal experience and the stories of others.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here!

Donna

List Moderator

Hi everyone. My name is . I'm 24 years old and I've been on the diet since 3/25/05. I have lost 21 pounds and 4 inches off my waist. I started out at 190 and I am now at 169. I'm 5 ft tall and I live in Ohio. I am married with no kids. My husband is going to college full time and working part time as a teacher in one of those weird science programs at all the schools in our area. I have been on phase 1 for 1 month. Today is the last day of phase 1 thank goodness and tomorrow I start on phase 2. I have really slowed down on losing weight. In the past week I have only lost 1 pound and I'm getting very frustrated. So I need some support from others that know what I'm going through by being on this diet as well. I'm so glad I'm part of this group.

Guest guest

Hi ;

Welcome to our group! We're a great group of people who share, ask questions, and we're very intelligent too. We'll help keep you on track with your new way of life so your weight loss will be gone forever. ;)

I'm glad you'll be moving to P2 tomorrow. A month on P1 is not recommended at all, unless you have a large amount to lose. Dr. A suggests 3 weeks, tops. The reason you probably stopped losing last week is because you're not getting enough calories and your body is protecting itself from starving. I'm no expert by any means, just speaking from personal experience and the stories of others.

Donna

List Moderator

Hi everyone. My name is . I'm 24 years old and I've been on the diet since 3/25/05. I have lost 21 pounds and 4 inches off my waist. I started out at 190 and I am now at 169. I'm 5 ft tall and I live in Ohio. I am married with no kids. My husband is going to college full time and working part time as a teacher in one of those weird science programs at all the schools in our area. I have been on phase 1 for 1 month. Today is the last day of phase 1 thank goodness and tomorrow I start on phase 2. I have really slowed down on losing weight. In the past week I have only lost 1 pound and I'm getting very frustrated. So I need some support from others that know what I'm going through by being on this diet as well. I'm so glad I'm part of this group.

Guest guest

Hi ;

Donna

List Moderator

Guest guest

I think you missed that she has been on phase one for four weeks and lost an

average 5-1/4 pounds per week. Nothing wrong with that excepting for staying

on phase one too long.

Chuck

>

>

> Hi ...

>

> If you are not losing at the rate you need to go back

> to a Phase 1 and a half posistion.. Just have a small

> apple twice a day.. Give up on those bars of yours..

> or any popcorn..

>

> I find that a lot of people will give up when they do

> not see weight loss happening every week..

>

Guest guest

I think you missed that she has been on phase one for four weeks and lost an

average 5-1/4 pounds per week. Nothing wrong with that excepting for staying

on phase one too long.

Chuck

>

>

> Hi ...

>

> If you are not losing at the rate you need to go back

> to a Phase 1 and a half posistion.. Just have a small

> apple twice a day.. Give up on those bars of yours..

> or any popcorn..

>

> I find that a lot of people will give up when they do

> not see weight loss happening every week..

>

Guest guest

, and all

Please, I am not jumping down anyone's throat.

The site we are on is called "South Beach Diet - Getting It Right." To me this means that we should be doing things "by the book" and trying to encourage people to do the same thing, giving them advice when they stray from the program. This is support. I've certainly given many on here a good old "atta boy" when they've deserved it.

However, when it appears that someone is doing the plan incorrectly, shouldn't we comment in that regard rather than just taking the attitude "oh well, I must not say anything for fear that they will take offence." To me, that's not support.

Again, not to belabor the point, didn't you state "There is not a place that says you cannot stay on phase one that long." to which I responded with a quote from the book "Which is why we strongly urge all the people we counsel to switch to Phase 2 after the second week, no matter how tempting it is to remain on Phase 1."

I'm just trying to "get it right" by not misleading people. We're not doing anyone any favors by "bending the rules of the plan" just because they choose not to follow them. Is there room for some flexibility? Certainly. In my opinion, and in the doctor's, going four weeks is outside of that flexibility. If Dr. Agatstan has changed this position since the book was written, then so be it.

Chuck

Chuck,

I agree you should not do it for long term. I personally would not do it for that long. Each person needs to evaluate the results they are getting. This is issue I have with most diets, that is they don’t look at the whole picture. I have enjoyed this because it looks at where each person is coming from and helps them learn how to eat correctly. However, this group is not the jump down your throat group but the support group. Helping each other to do what it takes to become healthy. Noting you can be skinny and unhealthy. Just some things to think about.

Guest guest

, and all

The site we are on is called "South Beach Diet - Getting It Right." To me this means that we should be doing things "by the book" and trying to encourage people to do the same thing, giving them advice when they stray from the program. This is support. I've certainly given many on here a good old "atta boy" when they've deserved it.

However, when it appears that someone is doing the plan incorrectly, shouldn't we comment in that regard rather than just taking the attitude "oh well, I must not say anything for fear that they will take offence." To me, that's not support.

Again, not to belabor the point, didn't you state "There is not a place that says you cannot stay on phase one that long." to which I responded with a quote from the book "Which is why we strongly urge all the people we counsel to switch to Phase 2 after the second week, no matter how tempting it is to remain on Phase 1."

I'm just trying to "get it right" by not misleading people. We're not doing anyone any favors by "bending the rules of the plan" just because they choose not to follow them. Is there room for some flexibility? Certainly. In my opinion, and in the doctor's, going four weeks is outside of that flexibility. If Dr. Agatstan has changed this position since the book was written, then so be it.

Chuck

Chuck,

I agree you should not do it for long term. I personally would not do it for that long. Each person needs to evaluate the results they are getting. This is issue I have with most diets, that is they don’t look at the whole picture. I have enjoyed this because it looks at where each person is coming from and helps them learn how to eat correctly. However, this group is not the jump down your throat group but the support group. Helping each other to do what it takes to become healthy. Noting you can be skinny and unhealthy. Just some things to think about.

Guest guest

, and all

Chuck

Chuck,

Guest guest

Yes, it does say in the book that exceeding two weeks on phase 1 is

not recommended.

ann

<

> Chuck,

>

> It sounds like it worked for her! There is not a place that says

you

> cannot stay on phase one that long. I know some do who have extra

issues

> with cravings and making sure they get all the back thought

processes out.

> I say good job for reading your body and doing what it needs.

>

>

>

> >

Guest guest

Yes, it does say in the book that exceeding two weeks on phase 1 is

not recommended.

ann

<

> Chuck,

>

> It sounds like it worked for her! There is not a place that says

you

> cannot stay on phase one that long. I know some do who have extra

issues

> with cravings and making sure they get all the back thought

processes out.

> I say good job for reading your body and doing what it needs.

>

>

>

> >