RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

recipe

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I love cornbread, and I love milk, I just don't want them mixed up together in a glass!!

now that IS good eating....LOL I grew up on this as well as the sweetened rice for breakfast. The milk had to be ICE cold, not warm right out of the cow like it usually was.

I'm with , y'all are making me hungry again.

Love ya,

Yes, your right ev ery one talk of all these comfort foods from our pasts is making me hungry. Last week I got mixed up with peanuts, now they had been in the house for weeks had forgotten about them and all of a sudden I got this craving for them then couldn't stop. This week is a smarter week. I got past the sugar crave the Italian Cream cake put me on but it was pure you know what, but I made it, my scales show a slight drop, now onward and down again.

Betty 2

Guest guest

I love cornbread, and I love milk, I just don't want them mixed up together in a glass!!

now that IS good eating....LOL I grew up on this as well as the sweetened rice for breakfast. The milk had to be ICE cold, not warm right out of the cow like it usually was.

Love ya,

Yes, your right ev ery one talk of all these comfort foods from our pasts is making me hungry. Last week I got mixed up with peanuts, now they had been in the house for weeks had forgotten about them and all of a sudden I got this craving for them then couldn't stop. This week is a smarter week. I got past the sugar crave the Italian Cream cake put me on but it was pure you know what, but I made it, my scales show a slight drop, now onward and down again.

Betty 2

Guest guest

Love ya,

Betty 2

Guest guest

okay, I think that the fritos and buttermilk take the cake...I'd be gagging also!!

Bethtxlbug@... wrote:

Helen,My husband eats crackers & milk in a glass like most people eat cornbread & milk....he also eats fritos in a glass with buttermilk poured over them. I just almost gag when he starts fixing it.Helon

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Betty 2

Guest guest

Ann,

I've had an omlette with chili over it, was really good.

Helon

>

>

> Date: 2005/08/28 Sun PM 07:16:41 EDT

> To: TexasTOPS

> Subject: Re: recipe

>

> Anyone else ever eat chili and scrambled egs? Good but can't eat it any more.

The chili does not like me.

> Ann

>

> Jr wrote:

> The egg things sounds okay to me but kind of dry and tasteless. That I might

try one day though. Why not? LOL! But the peanut butter and jelly with

CHILI????? Do you put the chili on the sandwhich or just eat it like you are

eating sandwhich with soup? That is VERY odd but, like you said, to each his or

her own. I love baked potatoes with Heinz 57 sauce. YUMMY! I haven't had those

in years. Where's my grocery list. Okay. Writing down potatoes and Heinz 57

sauce! LOL!

>

> :)

>

>

>

> Ann Baird from Texas

> groups.yahoo.com/groups/cookwithless

>

>

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Ann,

Helon

>

>

>

> Ann

>

> Jr wrote:

sauce! LOL!

>

>

>

>

> Ann Baird from Texas

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Ann,

Helon

>

>

>

> Ann

>

> Jr wrote:

sauce! LOL!

>

>

>

>

> Ann Baird from Texas

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Clara,

Haven't tried chili with cheese sandwiches, I like sliced pickles & onions on a

grilled cheese...but may give your idea a try one of these days...don't why it

wouldn't be good.

See you in Plainview, we are going up on the 16th.

Helon

>

>

> Date: 2005/08/28 Sun PM 07:28:42 EDT

> To: <TexasTOPS >

>

> A favorite at my house is " Chili/Cheese sandwiches " - - in fact, my 17 year

old granddaughter thinks that is her regular Sunday-after-church meal at

Grandma's house!! Did it today, in fact!

>

> Make them like grilled cheese - just add chili, onions, jalapenos or whatever

you like - - I usually have varied orders!! Add chips and a dill pickle, and

you're in business!! Don't even ask about calories!!

>

> (((HUGS)):)

> Clara

>

>

>

>

>

>

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.10.16/83 - Release Date: 8/26/2005

Guest guest

Clara,

Haven't tried chili with cheese sandwiches, I like sliced pickles & onions on a

grilled cheese...but may give your idea a try one of these days...don't why it

wouldn't be good.

See you in Plainview, we are going up on the 16th.

Helon

>

>

> Date: 2005/08/28 Sun PM 07:28:42 EDT

> To: <TexasTOPS >

>

> A favorite at my house is " Chili/Cheese sandwiches " - - in fact, my 17 year

old granddaughter thinks that is her regular Sunday-after-church meal at

Grandma's house!! Did it today, in fact!

>

> Make them like grilled cheese - just add chili, onions, jalapenos or whatever

you like - - I usually have varied orders!! Add chips and a dill pickle, and

you're in business!! Don't even ask about calories!!

>

> (((HUGS)):)

> Clara

>

>

>

>

>

>

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.10.16/83 - Release Date: 8/26/2005

Guest guest

Helen,

My husband eats crackers & milk in a glass like most people eat cornbread &

milk....he also eats fritos in a glass with buttermilk poured over them. I just

almost gag when he starts fixing it.

Helon

>

Guest guest

Helen,

Helon

>

Guest guest

Helen,

Helon

>

Guest guest

okay, I think that the fritos and buttermilk take the cake...I'd be gagging also!!

Bethtxlbug@... wrote:

Helen,My husband eats crackers & milk in a glass like most people eat cornbread & milk....he also eats fritos in a glass with buttermilk poured over them. I just almost gag when he starts fixing it.Helon>

Guest guest

Bethtxlbug@... wrote:

Helen,My husband eats crackers & milk in a glass like most people eat cornbread & milk....he also eats fritos in a glass with buttermilk poured over them. I just almost gag when he starts fixing it.Helon>

Guest guest

Bethtxlbug@... wrote:

Guest guest

Sounds similiar to frito pie

Bethtxlbug@... wrote:

Clara,Haven't tried chili with cheese sandwiches, I like sliced pickles & onions on a grilled cheese...but may give your idea a try one of these days...don't why it wouldn't be good.See you in Plainview, we are going up on the 16th.Helon> > > Date: 2005/08/28 Sun PM 07:28:42 EDT> To: <TexasTOPS >> Subject: Re: recipe> > A favorite at my house is "Chili/Cheese sandwiches" - - in fact, my 17 year old granddaughter thinks that is her regular Sunday-after-church meal at Grandma's house!! Did it today, in fact!> > Make them like grilled cheese - just add chili, onions, jalapenos or whatever you like - - I usually have varied orders!! Add chips and a dill pickle, and you're in business!!

Don't even ask about calories!!> > (((HUGS)):)> Clara> > > > > > No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.10.16/83 - Release Date: 8/26/2005

Guest guest

Bethtxlbug@... wrote:

Clara,Haven't tried chili with cheese sandwiches, I like sliced pickles & onions on a grilled cheese...but may give your idea a try one of these days...don't why it wouldn't be good.See you in Plainview, we are going up on the 16th.Helon> > > Date: 2005/08/28 Sun PM 07:28:42 EDT> To: <TexasTOPS >> Subject: Re: recipe> > A favorite at my house is "Chili/Cheese sandwiches" - - in fact, my 17 year old granddaughter thinks that is her regular Sunday-after-church meal at Grandma's house!! Did it today, in fact!> > Make them like grilled cheese - just add chili, onions, jalapenos or whatever you like - - I usually have varied orders!! Add chips and a dill pickle, and you're in business!!

Don't even ask about calories!!> > (((HUGS)):)> Clara> > > > > > No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.10.16/83 - Release Date: 8/26/2005

Guest guest

Bethtxlbug@... wrote:

Guest guest

My sense of humor being what it is this morning...when I saw Western omelet...all I could think of was yelling "yeehaw" and eating it with a black cowboy hat on...oh well...

I love western omelets...haven't had one in years.

BethBestGran1937@... wrote:

Basic Omelet

3 eggs, rm. temperature (could use Egg Substitute)

1 tablespoon water

1/8 tsp. salt

dash of pepper

1/2 tbl. butter

Beat eggs, water, salt and pepper in small bowl with fork until whites and yolks are combined. Heat butter in 8 to 10 in. nonstick skillet over med. high heat, tilting skillet to coat. When foaming stops, add eggs and let cook several seconds. As eggs begin to set, stir in circular motion with back of fork until omelet is just set, but still moist on surface. Sprinkle cheese or add filling across middle of omelet perpendicular to handle. fold nearest third of omelet over filling with heatproof rubber spatula. Slide spatula around and under farthest third and fold over center. Shake skillet to loosen and invert omelet onto plate. (Alternatively sprinkle cheese or filling on one side of omelet and fold in half. Makes 1 omelet. Use 1/4 to 1/2 cup filling for each small omelet.)

Western Omelet: Heat 1/4 cup diced cooked ham, 1 tablespoon chopped bell pepper and 1 tbl chopped onion in small bowl in microwave or in small skillet. Add to the basic omelet and sprinkle 1/4 cup finely grated cheddar cheese over filling (optional).

per 2 egg omelet : 182 calories; 14 g. fat; 13 g. protein; 1 g. carbohydrate, 441 mg. cholesterol, 431 mg sodium. (this would increase if you add the ham)

Guest guest

My sense of humor being what it is this morning...when I saw Western omelet...all I could think of was yelling "yeehaw" and eating it with a black cowboy hat on...oh well...

I love western omelets...haven't had one in years.

BethBestGran1937@... wrote:

Basic Omelet

3 eggs, rm. temperature (could use Egg Substitute)

1 tablespoon water

1/8 tsp. salt

dash of pepper

1/2 tbl. butter

Beat eggs, water, salt and pepper in small bowl with fork until whites and yolks are combined. Heat butter in 8 to 10 in. nonstick skillet over med. high heat, tilting skillet to coat. When foaming stops, add eggs and let cook several seconds. As eggs begin to set, stir in circular motion with back of fork until omelet is just set, but still moist on surface. Sprinkle cheese or add filling across middle of omelet perpendicular to handle. fold nearest third of omelet over filling with heatproof rubber spatula. Slide spatula around and under farthest third and fold over center. Shake skillet to loosen and invert omelet onto plate. (Alternatively sprinkle cheese or filling on one side of omelet and fold in half. Makes 1 omelet. Use 1/4 to 1/2 cup filling for each small omelet.)

Western Omelet: Heat 1/4 cup diced cooked ham, 1 tablespoon chopped bell pepper and 1 tbl chopped onion in small bowl in microwave or in small skillet. Add to the basic omelet and sprinkle 1/4 cup finely grated cheddar cheese over filling (optional).

per 2 egg omelet : 182 calories; 14 g. fat; 13 g. protein; 1 g. carbohydrate, 441 mg. cholesterol, 431 mg sodium. (this would increase if you add the ham)

Guest guest

always wondered what ny Cake was.

Beth

I think ny cake is a sweeter version of regular corn bread, however that is how she got me to eat it.

Betty 2

Guest guest

always wondered what ny Cake was.

Beth

I think ny cake is a sweeter version of regular corn bread, however that is how she got me to eat it.

Betty 2

Guest guest

I always wondered what ny Cake was.

BethBeja92430@... wrote:

Beth, I had this as a kid at home, too!! My brother and I ate rice with butter & sugar - because we couldn't stand the cornbread in sweetmilk that our parents were having!! I never did learn to like that! I love cornbread, and I love milk, I just don't want them mixed up together in a glass!!

(((HUGS))):)

Clara

Guest guest

BethBeja92430@... wrote:

Beth, I had this as a kid at home, too!! My brother and I ate rice with butter & sugar - because we couldn't stand the cornbread in sweetmilk that our parents were having!! I never did learn to like that! I love cornbread, and I love milk, I just don't want them mixed up together in a glass!!

Clara

Guest guest

BethBeja92430@... wrote:

Clara