RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

recipe

Rate this topic

Guest guest

See you in Plainview, we are going up on the 16th.Helon

Helon, I'll be there on the 16th -- I'm supposed to be there by 10:00 am for meeting with Mona & other area captains. There is supposed to be a party at the hotel meeting room on Friday night (wasn't mentioned in the newsletter because the hotel offered the room AFTER they started getting reservations), so I'll see you there - - -

(((HUGS))):)

Clara

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.10.16/83 - Release Date: 8/26/2005

Guest guest

See you in Plainview, we are going up on the 16th.Helon

Helon, I'll be there on the 16th -- I'm supposed to be there by 10:00 am for meeting with Mona & other area captains. There is supposed to be a party at the hotel meeting room on Friday night (wasn't mentioned in the newsletter because the hotel offered the room AFTER they started getting reservations), so I'll see you there - - -

Clara

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.10.16/83 - Release Date: 8/26/2005

Guest guest

My grandmother always called the cornbread that she fried in the skillet " ny

Cake " .

Helon

>

> From: Beja92430@...

> Date: 2005/08/29 Mon PM 03:56:44 EDT

> To: TexasTOPS

> Subject: Re: recipe

>

>

> In a message dated 8/29/2005 11:47:36 AM Central Standard Time,

> tops140@... writes:

>

> always wondered what ny Cake was.

> Beth

>

>

>

>

>

> I think ny cake is a sweeter version of regular corn bread, however that

> is how she got me to eat it.

> Betty 2

>

>

Guest guest

My grandmother always called the cornbread that she fried in the skillet " ny

Cake " .

Helon

>

> From: Beja92430@...

> Date: 2005/08/29 Mon PM 03:56:44 EDT

> To: TexasTOPS

> Subject: Re: recipe

>

>

> In a message dated 8/29/2005 11:47:36 AM Central Standard Time,

> tops140@... writes:

>

> always wondered what ny Cake was.

> Beth

>

>

>

>

>

> I think ny cake is a sweeter version of regular corn bread, however that

> is how she got me to eat it.

> Betty 2

>

>

Guest guest

My mom, aunt and grandmother maden cornbread both on the stove in a cast iron skillet and/or in the oven. My daughter makes it in the oven.

Bethtxlbug@... wrote:

My grandmother always called the cornbread that she fried in the skillet "ny Cake".Helon> > Date: 2005/08/29 Mon PM 03:56:44 EDT> To: TexasTOPS > Subject: Re: recipe> > > > > always wondered what ny Cake was.> Beth> > > > > > I think ny cake is a sweeter version of regular corn bread, however that > is how she got me to eat it.> Betty 2> >

Guest guest

My mom, aunt and grandmother maden cornbread both on the stove in a cast iron skillet and/or in the oven. My daughter makes it in the oven.

Bethtxlbug@... wrote:

My grandmother always called the cornbread that she fried in the skillet "ny Cake".Helon> > Date: 2005/08/29 Mon PM 03:56:44 EDT> To: TexasTOPS > Subject: Re: recipe> > > > > always wondered what ny Cake was.> Beth> > > > > > I think ny cake is a sweeter version of regular corn bread, however that > is how she got me to eat it.> Betty 2> >

Guest guest

Bethtxlbug@... wrote:

Guest guest

As you say each tot heir own, BUT......peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches with Chili........I don't think so. Now Grilled cheese is fantatstic with chili. I might even could slide down a peanut butter one but not with JELLY!! LOL Love peppermwdw@... wrote:

Sure been quiet on here today, wonder what Miss Melody is up too??????

probably throwing a temper tantrum....LOL

although I would die if my computer wasn't up and running....

The egg dish just sounds a little yucky to me but each to his/ her own taste.....must not be all bad since your a KOPS and I'm not.

My strange thing is I have to have a peanut butter & jelly sandwich with chili. That's what we had in school and that's the only way I will eat a PB & J sandwich or chili either. Everyone thinks that is yucky too.

Yeah, it is quiet on here. Wonder where everyone is and WHY I was NOT invited....LOL

Love ya,

Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page

Guest guest

As you say each tot heir own, BUT......peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches with Chili........I don't think so. Now Grilled cheese is fantatstic with chili. I might even could slide down a peanut butter one but not with JELLY!! LOL Love peppermwdw@... wrote:

The egg dish just sounds a little yucky to me but each to his/ her own taste.....must not be all bad since your a KOPS and I'm not.

My strange thing is I have to have a peanut butter & jelly sandwich with chili. That's what we had in school and that's the only way I will eat a PB & J sandwich or chili either. Everyone thinks that is yucky too.

Yeah, it is quiet on here. Wonder where everyone is and WHY I was NOT invited....LOL

Love ya,

Guest guest

Love ya,

Guest guest

Yes I ahve but I put the scrambled eggs in a corn or flour tortilla and covered it with chili. I love them. pepperAnn Baird wrote:

Anyone else ever eat chili and scrambled egs? Good but can't eat it any more. The chili does not like me.

Ann Jr wrote:

The egg things sounds okay to me but kind of dry and tasteless. That I might try one day though. Why not? LOL! But the peanut butter and jelly with CHILI????? Do you put the chili on the sandwhich or just eat it like you are eating sandwhich with soup? That is VERY odd but, like you said, to each his or her own. I love baked potatoes with Heinz 57 sauce. YUMMY! I haven't had those in years. Where's my grocery list. Okay. Writing down potatoes and Heinz 57 sauce! LOL! :)

Ann Baird from Texasgroups.yahoo.com/groups/cookwithless

Guest guest

Yes I ahve but I put the scrambled eggs in a corn or flour tortilla and covered it with chili. I love them. pepperAnn Baird wrote:

Anyone else ever eat chili and scrambled egs? Good but can't eat it any more. The chili does not like me.

Ann Jr wrote:

The egg things sounds okay to me but kind of dry and tasteless. That I might try one day though. Why not? LOL! But the peanut butter and jelly with CHILI????? Do you put the chili on the sandwhich or just eat it like you are eating sandwhich with soup? That is VERY odd but, like you said, to each his or her own. I love baked potatoes with Heinz 57 sauce. YUMMY! I haven't had those in years. Where's my grocery list. Okay. Writing down potatoes and Heinz 57 sauce! LOL! :)

Guest guest

Ann Jr wrote:

Guest guest

I love rice this waya nd fix it all the time for me and the grandkids. My husband loves it too. A lot of people had never heard of this before I fixed it for them. I never heard fo beans and rice or rice in any other fashion before I came to texas. Love pepperClara Gleghorn wrote:

Beth wrote: Plain rice warmed in the microwave with milk, with butter and sugar.

Ate this as a kid.

Beth

Beth, I had this as a kid at home, too!! My brother and I ate rice with butter & sugar - because we couldn't stand the cornbread in sweetmilk that our parents were having!! I never did learn to like that! I love cornbread, and I love milk, I just don't want them mixed up together in a glass!!

ClaraNo virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.10.16/83 - Release Date: 8/26/2005

Guest guest

I really like crackers broke up in a glass of ice cold milk. It will settle my stomach in a heart beat, but, I just love eating it any time. Love, peppermwdw@... wrote:

My Dad use to have cracker broken up in molasses

well I still eat crackers broken up into a glass of water...I warned y'all I ate some weird things....LOL

Love ya,

Guest guest

Sauerkraut and hominy are two of my favorite things. At least twice a week I take a small can of sauerkraut to work for lunch. I just open it and eat it right out of the can. Almost no calories!!

Guest guest

That kinda sounds good !!!!!! May have to try it !!!!!! I also love a good huevos ranchero too !!!!!!

BUT -- the hot dog with kraut ~~~ YUK!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate sauerkraut -- hubby LOVES it !!!!!!! Don't like that or hominy !!!!! That tastes like soggy popcorn to me !!!!!!! Hugs, Randie

Re: recipe

Ann Jr wrote:

Guest guest

Well, , we have a love of dancing in common ~~ but NOT sauerkraut or hominy !!!!!!!!! Calories or not !!!!!! LOL !!!!!!!!!! Hugs, Randie

Sauerkraut and hominy are two of my favorite things. At least twice a week I take a small can of sauerkraut to work for lunch. I just open it and eat it right out of the can. Almost no calories!!

Guest guest

I like hominy but haven't had it in years. My mom used to call it Popcorn and we would eat it.

Hominy grits are a completely different story though...

BethRandie wrote:

Well, , we have a love of dancing in common ~~ but NOT sauerkraut or hominy !!!!!!!!! Calories or not !!!!!! LOL !!!!!!!!!! Hugs, Randie

Guest guest

Hi julia guess we have the same taste, when I was pregnant for the first baby sauerkraut is what I craved, poor kid,, but she likes it and hominy corn is what I make sure I bring home from texas I add it to my navy bean soup... Hugs HelenBeth wrote:

I like hominy but haven't had it in years. My mom used to call it Popcorn and we would eat it.

BethRandie wrote:

Find your next car at Yahoo! Canada Autos

Guest guest

Hi julia guess we have the same taste, when I was pregnant for the first baby sauerkraut is what I craved, poor kid,, but she likes it and hominy corn is what I make sure I bring home from texas I add it to my navy bean soup... Hugs HelenBeth wrote:

BethRandie wrote:

Find your next car at Yahoo! Canada Autos

Guest guest

I am right there with you on both items. I love Kraut anyway I can get it. I also love drinking the juice from it. One of my favorite meals, (get your barff bags out all you non-country people) is neck bones, turnip greens, and hominey with corn bread, OR neck bones and kraut. I love them. Pepper

Now your talken, I love cabbage any way you want to fix it. Be carefull of that salt.

Betty 2

Guest guest

I am right there with you on both items. I love Kraut anyway I can get it. I also love drinking the juice from it. One of my favorite meals, (get your barff bags out all you non-country people) is neck bones, turnip greens, and hominey with corn bread, OR neck bones and kraut. I love them. Pepper

Now your talken, I love cabbage any way you want to fix it. Be carefull of that salt.

Betty 2