RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Eggplant

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I made it with Bob's...it's fine!! It didn't rise as much as I remembered it before, but it tastes fine! Cool!! We're good to go! Kathiseamaiden399 wrote: with a recipe like that with a small amount of flour you can use almost anything- brown or white rice, simple blends with bland flavor... I might not use fancy or expensive mixes with bean flours 'cause they can have a strong flavor (and you don't need 'em for that kind of recipe)>> Oops! I just found my recipe and see that it's got the dreaded FLOUR in it!!> Wonder what would happen if I use some Bob's Red mill gf flour? Heck, it's only 2T.

Guest guest

I made it with Bob's...it's fine!! It didn't rise as much as I remembered it before, but it tastes fine! Cool!! We're good to go! Kathiseamaiden399 wrote: with a recipe like that with a small amount of flour you can use almost anything- brown or white rice, simple blends with bland flavor... I might not use fancy or expensive mixes with bean flours 'cause they can have a strong flavor (and you don't need 'em for that kind of recipe)>> Oops! I just found my recipe and see that it's got the dreaded FLOUR in it!!> Wonder what would happen if I use some Bob's Red mill gf flour? Heck, it's only 2T.

Guest guest

Thanks everyone for all the eggplant tips. Glad I learned all this before making it. Maybe that will help our first taste be more pleasant. I'm going to make it tonight if time & energy allows (DD19 has two appts today and that tends to drain me...as it takes up most of the morning and afternoon.)

:-) in VA

Guest guest

Thanks everyone for all the eggplant tips. Glad I learned all this before making it. Maybe that will help our first taste be more pleasant. I'm going to make it tonight if time & energy allows (DD19 has two appts today and that tends to drain me...as it takes up most of the morning and afternoon.)

Guest guest

My husband liked this recipe...in fact until I mentioned the eggplant, he didn't even realize it was in there too. And he took all the left overs to work this morning (there went my lunch) and then called and told me how good it was left over!! Guess that's a keeper recipe for us!

This one looks so good I may have to buy an eggplant! http://aubergines.org/recipes.php?eggplant=2364 It's Braised Potatoes, Eggplant and Red Peppers with Garlic and Cilantro