RemedySpot.com

Re: Are we missing out, Randi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You heard right, Randi. Our Fun Day is boring, just awards and occasionally a skit by one of the chapters. We do have tables with crafts, raffles, etc that chapters can do as fund raisers and you have an opportunity to visit and get to know people from other chapters if you do not have to man your own table before the session begins.

I always have to beg a member of my chapter to go with me. I feel that as leader I should be there to represent my chapter when I can. Last year, as well as this year it falls on my Saturday to work.

You heard right, Randi. Our Fun Day is boring, just awards and occasionally a skit by one of the chapters. We do have tables with crafts, raffles, etc that chapters can do as fund raisers and you have an opportunity to visit and get to know people from other chapters if you do not have to man your own table before the session begins.

I always have to beg a member of my chapter to go with me. I feel that as leader I should be there to represent my chapter when I can. Last year, as well as this year it falls on my Saturday to work.

I have never been to one of our Fun Days------ but have heard they just consist of different chapters and members receiving awards ?? Is that correct ? Heard from someone who went to last year's one and they said they'd never go to another one !!!!!! Said it was boring and unorganized !!!!

It looks like soooooooo much fun !!!! Such encouragement and motivation !!!!!!! Yes, we DEFINITELY need to go to one of theirs ~~ whether we're invited or not !!!! LOL !!!!! Hugs, Randie

Are we missing out, Randi

Randi, are we missing out or what?????Did you see all those pictures of "their" day camp (Fun Day)?Crafts??? Exercising with balloons??? Fishing????You said you have never been to one of our fun days~~~well, it's not like theirs!!! We are definitely going to have to pay them a visit next time they have a day camp!!!

I have never been to one of our Fun Days------ but have heard they just consist of different chapters and members receiving awards ?? Is that correct ? Heard from someone who went to last year's one and they said they'd never go to another one !!!!!! Said it was boring and unorganized !!!!

It looks like soooooooo much fun !!!! Such encouragement and motivation !!!!!!! Yes, we DEFINITELY need to go to one of theirs ~~ whether we're invited or not !!!! LOL !!!!! Hugs, Randie

Randi, are we missing out or what?????Did you see all those pictures of "their" day camp (Fun Day)?Crafts??? Exercising with balloons??? Fishing????You said you have never been to one of our fun days~~~well, it's not like theirs!!! We are definitely going to have to pay them a visit next time they have a day camp!!!

LOL that'll be next Saturday ! soooo what time can we expect to see ya'll??

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

http://www.texastops.org

email: topsmama@...

GLUG! GLUG! GLUG! Lost that poor little fish completely

this week! Down he went...hook, line & sinker :(

-----Original Message-----From: TexasTOPS [mailto:TexasTOPS ] On Behalf Of juliakops@...Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 3:01 PMTo: TexasTOPS Subject: Are we missing out, RandiRandi, are we missing out or what?????Did you see all those pictures of "their" day camp (Fun Day)?Crafts??? Exercising with balloons??? Fishing????You said you have never been to one of our fun days~~~well, it's not like theirs!!! We are definitely going to have to pay them a visit next time they have a day camp!!!

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

-----Original Message-----From: TexasTOPS [mailto:TexasTOPS ] On Behalf Of juliakops@...Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 3:01 PMTo: TexasTOPS Subject: Are we missing out, RandiRandi, are we missing out or what?????Did you see all those pictures of "their" day camp (Fun Day)?Crafts??? Exercising with balloons??? Fishing????You said you have never been to one of our fun days~~~well, it's not like theirs!!! We are definitely going to have to pay them a visit next time they have a day camp!!!

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

I don't know about any others but I think Kay did a great job. I hate it when you go to something and you spend half the time waiting for the organizers to gettheir act together. This was not the case on Saturday. Everything was on time, lunch was good, the door prizes were great. I didn't win but hoggy won 2! And I went home without my Thigh Master (blue balloon). Now a question. Is this how chapters raise money to go to SRD and such? Maybe I can talk my chapter into sponsoring one. They won't travel but maybe I can get one to come to us.

Grammy PatThe only way to find the limits of the possible is by going beyond them to the impossible.

-Arthur C. e

I don't know about any others but I think Kay did a great job. I hate it when you go to something and you spend half the time waiting for the organizers to gettheir act together. This was not the case on Saturday. Everything was on time, lunch was good, the door prizes were great. I didn't win but hoggy won 2! And I went home without my Thigh Master (blue balloon). Now a question. Is this how chapters raise money to go to SRD and such? Maybe I can talk my chapter into sponsoring one. They won't travel but maybe I can get one to come to us.

Grammy PatThe only way to find the limits of the possible is by going beyond them to the impossible.

-Arthur C. e

-Arthur C. e

LOL boy were you mis-informed LOL (of course you get out of things what you put into them too)

yes on FUNDAY they do have awards and such, BUT there is sooooo much more to it than that! It's kinda like a mini-SRD! Ya'll DEFINITELY have to come to one of ours! Kay is absolutely wonderful and really puts on a great FUNDAY!

The San Area Fun Day is going to be October 15th - Austin area is October 8th - and there is supposed to be a Corpus Christi Funday October 1st. Kay is supposed to be sending me the info to pop up online very soon!

I would love to hit the Corpus Christi one too, but I'm supposed to be going to a Quincinera that day (sigh) I'd much rather go to the coast and just STAY there for a few days LOL hmmm....wonder if I can get out of the Quincinera????

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

-----Original Message-----From: TexasTOPS [mailto:TexasTOPS ] On Behalf Of Randie Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 3:16 PMTo: TexasTOPS Subject: Re: Are we missing out, Randi

Yes , Grammy Pat they do raise money for Srd. I know they have to pay for the building but with all the prizes and food and the auction they had to make a little money. And then my chapter always have a garage sale , car washs, and we also Christmas wrap in Dec. We have also made a quilt and sell chances on it. Get your chapter involved

Hugs,

Jackie

-- Re: Are we missing out, Randi

-Arthur C. e

Yes , Grammy Pat they do raise money for Srd. I know they have to pay for the building but with all the prizes and food and the auction they had to make a little money. And then my chapter always have a garage sale , car washs, and we also Christmas wrap in Dec. We have also made a quilt and sell chances on it. Get your chapter involved

Hugs,

Jackie

-Arthur C. e

Hugs,

Jackie

-Arthur C. e

Here are some pictures and info from the Fun Day that our chapter hosted - there are also a couple of pictures from a couple of other fun days I think.....

This is just a page I had put up giving folks an idea of what to expect and to bring LOTS of money cuz our baskets were amazing LOL

http://www.texastops.org/area/pleasantonfd2.htm

This is from our chapter page and has lots of pictures of some of the things we've done, but if ya scroll down you will see a couple of pics from the 60s Fun Day

http://www.texastops.org/chapters/CentralnSouthTexas/SanArea/1454/fun.htm

Soooo....when are ya comin? LOL I promise ya'll WON'T be disappointed!!

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

-----Original Message-----From: TexasTOPS [mailto:TexasTOPS ] On Behalf Of juliakops@...Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 3:27 PMTo: TexasTOPS Subject: Re: Are we missing out, RandiYou heard right, Randi. Our Fun Day is boring, just awards and occasionally a skit by one of the chapters. We do have tables with crafts, raffles, etc that chapters can do as fund raisers and you have an opportunity to visit and get to know people from other chapters if you do not have to man your own table before the session begins. I always have to beg a member of my chapter to go with me. I feel that as leader I should be there to represent my chapter when I can. Last year, as well as this year it falls on my Saturday to work.

Here are some pictures and info from the Fun Day that our chapter hosted - there are also a couple of pictures from a couple of other fun days I think.....

This is just a page I had put up giving folks an idea of what to expect and to bring LOTS of money cuz our baskets were amazing LOL

http://www.texastops.org/area/pleasantonfd2.htm

This is from our chapter page and has lots of pictures of some of the things we've done, but if ya scroll down you will see a couple of pics from the 60s Fun Day

http://www.texastops.org/chapters/CentralnSouthTexas/SanArea/1454/fun.htm

Soooo....when are ya comin? LOL I promise ya'll WON'T be disappointed!!

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

-----Original Message-----From: TexasTOPS [mailto:TexasTOPS ] On Behalf Of juliakops@...Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 3:27 PMTo: TexasTOPS Subject: Re: Are we missing out, RandiYou heard right, Randi. Our Fun Day is boring, just awards and occasionally a skit by one of the chapters. We do have tables with crafts, raffles, etc that chapters can do as fund raisers and you have an opportunity to visit and get to know people from other chapters if you do not have to man your own table before the session begins. I always have to beg a member of my chapter to go with me. I feel that as leader I should be there to represent my chapter when I can. Last year, as well as this year it falls on my Saturday to work.

Hey! there ya go! now yer thinkin!!

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

-----Original Message-----From: TexasTOPS [mailto:TexasTOPS ] On Behalf Of PattycakesSent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 3:58 PMTo: TexasTOPS Subject: Re: Are we missing out, Randi

-Arthur C. e

Hey! there ya go! now yer thinkin!!

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

-----Original Message-----From: TexasTOPS [mailto:TexasTOPS ] On Behalf Of PattycakesSent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 3:58 PMTo: TexasTOPS Subject: Re: Are we missing out, Randi

-Arthur C. e