RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Exercising & weight was New to list

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh LOL! You have given me the biggest laugh of the day LOL! Is there a name for this syndrome that doctors have?LOL! Perhaps I could take a book on it along to the surgery with me LOL! I honestly thought my eyes had been opened when someone first posted on the Novice Breeder Advice Group (the cat list) about thyroid, but since then my eyes have been opened wider and wider and wider - I'm afraid they are about to pop out like the doctor's LOL! I've decided the best thing to do is write a letter to the doctor with all this stuff in, and mentioning the name of a doctor in Hull who prescribes Armour (thanks , it was you who mentioned that, wasn't it?) and HOPE that she takes it all on board. Love Chris:-)

Unfortunately, we've found that so many doctors are "trained" in medical schools with Big Bucks from Big Pharma. That means so many doctors don't know these relationships, and that also means that they may get angry or totally ignore anything you have to say about this. Unless a doctor makes a big study of these things, he or she is going to writhe, groan, and generally act like someone who is having a seizure, when you bring this up to him/her. His/her neck will writhe and change shapes, and the eyes will pop out on their stems almost automatically upon any suggestion that you may know something that he/she doesn't know. Of course, you will be paying him/her not to know what you already know.

(((Snicker, hehe)))

Guest guest

Thanks . I've just found a bit in 'the book' that mentions using Atenalol for heart things, so I'm guessing there isn't going to be an alternative to that. I'm just hoping that if I can get a high enough dose of thyroid (will try the Armour when it comes) then that will overcome the Atenalol and simvestatin binding it up. The prozac I can live without if I have to, so maybe cutting that down and out will make a difference too. Love Chris

> Is there an alternative to beta blockers for the heart being out of rhythym, and could it be that if I wasn't hypothyroid, the heart wouldn't be out of rhythym anyway? Thanks for your help! Love Chris

Yes, it is certainly possible and maybe even probable that thyroid disease caused it, but some things are permanent damage, though I'm not saying yours is, I couldn't possibly make that call. I don't know of any substitutes for beta blockers. Propanalol, the granddaddy of all the beta blockers, is still used to control the heartrate and some other symptoms of hyperthyroidism.

Guest guest

Thanks . I've just found a bit in 'the book' that mentions using Atenalol for heart things, so I'm guessing there isn't going to be an alternative to that. I'm just hoping that if I can get a high enough dose of thyroid (will try the Armour when it comes) then that will overcome the Atenalol and simvestatin binding it up. The prozac I can live without if I have to, so maybe cutting that down and out will make a difference too. Love Chris

> Is there an alternative to beta blockers for the heart being out of rhythym, and could it be that if I wasn't hypothyroid, the heart wouldn't be out of rhythym anyway? Thanks for your help! Love Chris

Yes, it is certainly possible and maybe even probable that thyroid disease caused it, but some things are permanent damage, though I'm not saying yours is, I couldn't possibly make that call. I don't know of any substitutes for beta blockers. Propanalol, the granddaddy of all the beta blockers, is still used to control the heartrate and some other symptoms of hyperthyroidism.

Guest guest

That's encouraging ! Love Chris

Glad to see you, (((((Joan))))!

I must be an exception again,I had no problems with coming off of Prozac, been a few years now---- Of course, maybe with my feeling awful with my hashimoto's, I may have not recognized any problems...

One thing, the anti-depressants would only work for a little while for me...

Now, I still have depression, but not as severe and more situational.

hugs

Guest guest

I must be an exception again,I had no problems with coming off of Prozac, been a few years now---- Of course, maybe with my feeling awful with my hashimoto's, I may have not recognized any problems...

hugs

Guest guest

hugs

Guest guest

--- joan scorer wrote:

---------------------------------

***** snip *****

Any way to cut a long story short my situation now is

that with all the help from this group I now self

medicate. I order my Armour from USA as GP saysthere

is no way he would allow me to take this 'old

fashioned ' product! The results of my last blood test

in August were T4 16.4 and TSH 0.29. They do not test

T3! This is now much better than I was but I still

have ,tiredness, muscle ache, constipation,low

temperature and brain fog! I take 1 grain Armour

divided into 2 doses. I used to take 2 grain and the

results of this dose were TSH 0.01 T4 28.4. I felt ok

but had some palpitations.Please could some one

comment on my results?

Hi Joan. Without the lab range for the T4 I don't

know where you fall within the " normal " range. TSH

really doesn't mean anything once you are on

medication because they supress the TSH. I'd say to

try to change your dose from 1 grain to 1.5 grains,

but keep multi dosing it. Just take it slow and do it

at least 6 weeks before your lab work is due. If you

tolerate that, but still don't feel well, try to

increase it again, waiting 6 weeks between increases.

Kathy >^,,^<

KitzCat146@...

http://www.chaytongroup.com/modernbill/order/index.php?aid=ka081104

http://www.heartwarmers4u.com/members/?kitzcat

kitzcat2001 on Yahoo Messenger

kitzcat on MSN Messenger

In a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats. - English Proverb

Yahoo! for Good

Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert

http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/shelter

Guest guest

--- joan scorer wrote:

***** snip *****

comment on my results?

Kathy >^,,^<

KitzCat146@...

kitzcat on MSN Messenger

Yahoo! for Good

Guest guest

--- joan scorer wrote:

***** snip *****

comment on my results?

Kathy >^,,^<

KitzCat146@...

kitzcat on MSN Messenger

Yahoo! for Good

Guest guest

Thanks .I am so glad that you had no problems and it is great news that your depression is not as bad as it was. Although I had probs. getting off Prozac they were very mild when compared with the anti depressant Effexor which i have heard some doctors like to get their patients on if they refuse Prozac. Perhaps I was just unlucky.

Love Joan x

Reply-To: The_Thyroid_Support_Group To: <The_Thyroid_Support_Group >Subject: Re: Exercising & weight was New to listDate: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 18:55:48 +0100

hugs

Guest guest

Thanks .I am so glad that you had no problems and it is great news that your depression is not as bad as it was. Although I had probs. getting off Prozac they were very mild when compared with the anti depressant Effexor which i have heard some doctors like to get their patients on if they refuse Prozac. Perhaps I was just unlucky.

Love Joan x

Reply-To: The_Thyroid_Support_Group To: <The_Thyroid_Support_Group >Subject: Re: Exercising & weight was New to listDate: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 18:55:48 +0100

hugs

Guest guest

Love Joan x

hugs

Guest guest

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for your advice and I shall do as you suggest.I appreciate your help. Joan

Reply-To: The_Thyroid_Support_Group To: The_Thyroid_Support_Group Subject: Re: Exercising & weight was New to listDate: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:22:42 -0700 (PDT)--- joan scorer wrote:---------------------------------***** snip *****Any way to cut a long story short my situation now isthat with all the help from this group I now selfmedicate. I order my Armour from USA as GP saysthereis no way he would allow me to take this 'oldfashioned ' product! The results of my last blood testin August were T4 16.4 and TSH 0.29. They do not testT3! This is now much better than I was but I stillhave ,tiredness, muscle ache, constipation,lowtemperature and brain fog! I take 1 grain Armourdivided into 2 doses. I used to take 2 grain and theresults of this dose were TSH 0.01 T4 28.4. I felt okbut had some palpitations.Please could some onecomment on my results?***Hi Joan. Without the lab range for the T4 I don'tknow where you fall within the "normal" range. TSHreally doesn't mean anything once you are onmedication because they supress the TSH. I'd say totry to change your dose from 1 grain to 1.5 grains,but keep multi dosing it. Just take it slow and do itat least 6 weeks before your lab work is due. If youtolerate that, but still don't feel well, try toincrease it again, waiting 6 weeks between increases.Kathy >^,,^<KitzCat146@...http://www.chaytongroup.com/modernbill/order/index.php?aid=ka081104http://www.heartwarmers4u.com/members/?kitzcatkitzcat2001 on Yahoo Messengerkitzcat on MSN MessengerIn a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats. - English Proverb ______________________________________________________ Yahoo! for Good Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/shelter

Guest guest

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for your advice and I shall do as you suggest.I appreciate your help. Joan

Reply-To: The_Thyroid_Support_Group To: The_Thyroid_Support_Group Subject: Re: Exercising & weight was New to listDate: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:22:42 -0700 (PDT)--- joan scorer wrote:---------------------------------***** snip *****Any way to cut a long story short my situation now isthat with all the help from this group I now selfmedicate. I order my Armour from USA as GP saysthereis no way he would allow me to take this 'oldfashioned ' product! The results of my last blood testin August were T4 16.4 and TSH 0.29. They do not testT3! This is now much better than I was but I stillhave ,tiredness, muscle ache, constipation,lowtemperature and brain fog! I take 1 grain Armourdivided into 2 doses. I used to take 2 grain and theresults of this dose were TSH 0.01 T4 28.4. I felt okbut had some palpitations.Please could some onecomment on my results?***Hi Joan. Without the lab range for the T4 I don'tknow where you fall within the "normal" range. TSHreally doesn't mean anything once you are onmedication because they supress the TSH. I'd say totry to change your dose from 1 grain to 1.5 grains,but keep multi dosing it. Just take it slow and do itat least 6 weeks before your lab work is due. If youtolerate that, but still don't feel well, try toincrease it again, waiting 6 weeks between increases.Kathy >^,,^<KitzCat146@...http://www.chaytongroup.com/modernbill/order/index.php?aid=ka081104http://www.heartwarmers4u.com/members/?kitzcatkitzcat2001 on Yahoo Messengerkitzcat on MSN MessengerIn a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats. - English Proverb ______________________________________________________ Yahoo! for Good Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/shelter

Guest guest

Hi Kathy,

Guest guest

The name of these/this doctor is Dr. Stymy. He/she likes to think that he/she sits on a throne and is surrounded by angels who also hold back the 4 corners of the earth. Upon any challenge, thunder rolls and lightening strikes. Many times, Dr. Stymy is also surrounded by an invisible aura, which means that noone can touch him/her, and the doctor also can't touch the patient. Also, the doctor avoids his patients' eyes at all costs, so that the patient will believe that their presence and opinion are worth nothing more than a few hundred bucks, or maybe even thousands, but that's more or less on the taking end, not the patient receiving end. Then, upon leaving his/her throne, the patient is to kiss his/her royal @$$, as well as not forgetting to pay at the desk. For this, the patient knows less upon leaving than on arriving and still goes home with an empty wallet or purse. I say, Dr. Stymy, kiss MINE. I work around these aliens all the time.

Oh LOL! You have given me the biggest laugh of the day LOL! Is there a name for this syndrome that doctors have?LOL! Perhaps I could take a book on it along to the surgery with me LOL! I honestly thought my eyes had been opened when someone first posted on the Novice Breeder Advice Group (the cat list) about thyroid, but since then my eyes have been opened wider and wider and wider - I'm afraid they are about to pop out like the doctor's LOL! I've decided the best thing to do is write a letter to the doctor with all this stuff in, and mentioning the name of a doctor in Hull who prescribes Armour (thanks , it was you who mentioned that, wasn't it?) and HOPE that she takes it all on board. Love Chris:-)

Guest guest

The name of these/this doctor is Dr. Stymy. He/she likes to think that he/she sits on a throne and is surrounded by angels who also hold back the 4 corners of the earth. Upon any challenge, thunder rolls and lightening strikes. Many times, Dr. Stymy is also surrounded by an invisible aura, which means that noone can touch him/her, and the doctor also can't touch the patient. Also, the doctor avoids his patients' eyes at all costs, so that the patient will believe that their presence and opinion are worth nothing more than a few hundred bucks, or maybe even thousands, but that's more or less on the taking end, not the patient receiving end. Then, upon leaving his/her throne, the patient is to kiss his/her royal @$$, as well as not forgetting to pay at the desk. For this, the patient knows less upon leaving than on arriving and still goes home with an empty wallet or purse. I say, Dr. Stymy, kiss MINE. I work around these aliens all the time.

Guest guest

So it's the STYMY Syndrome!!!!! LOL! I do think though, what goes around comes around, so he'll get his 'just deserts' in the end! In the meantime, I hope you get what YOU deserve - a decent doctor! Love Chris