RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Exercising & weight was New to list

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm wondering if I'll even need the beta blockers if I can get the right dose of Armour - I've a strong feeling that the heart problems were linked to being hypo. It's all very complicated, isn't it! I think I'm going to have to juggle things gradually to get the optimum result....

Love Chris

Hi Yes, that sounds like a sensible approach. At leastyou now have the information you need to makedecisions that will definitely help you! Wow, I hopethere are some alternatives that you can take insteadof the beta blockers ... yes, perhaps once you get onthe Armour you will be able to get off this stuff --but remember it is possible that these drugs mayprevent you from feeling the full affects of theArmour ...Marlena

Guest guest

I'm wondering if I'll even need the beta blockers if I can get the right dose of Armour - I've a strong feeling that the heart problems were linked to being hypo. It's all very complicated, isn't it! I think I'm going to have to juggle things gradually to get the optimum result....

Love Chris

Hi Yes, that sounds like a sensible approach. At leastyou now have the information you need to makedecisions that will definitely help you! Wow, I hopethere are some alternatives that you can take insteadof the beta blockers ... yes, perhaps once you get onthe Armour you will be able to get off this stuff --but remember it is possible that these drugs mayprevent you from feeling the full affects of theArmour ...Marlena

Guest guest

Prozac is a Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI) that is loaded

with Fluoride, detrimental to blockage of what the thyroid hormones would

ordinarily do. Someone who is taking this antidepressant is taking their

thyroid hormone for naught, since it's going to block the effects of

whatever the hormone would ordinarily do for a person. Until a person comes

off of this med, they are whitling in the wind, concerning their thyroid

treatment. Some of the other SSRIs also do this, namely Zoloft, Celexa,

Paxil, and there's another one I can't think of right now. There are also

some newer ones that inhibit the reuptake of more than one of these brain

substances. These I know nothing about.

> Well, if it were me, I would want to get a second

> opinion about that. From what you've shared so far,

> your doctor doesn't seem to be familiar with a lot of

> stuff we are talking about ... usually holistic

> oriented doctors are more open-minded and informed

> about these types of things! I don't know if Prozac is

> a beta blocker antidepressant -- Beta blocking drugs

> impair metabolism and are used to stop overstimulation

> in hyperthyroid patients. I read about this in Your

> Guide to Metabolic Health by Lowe ... if Prozac is not

> a beta blocker perhaps the worst thing about it is the

> fluoride ... which used to be used to treat

> hyperthyroidism as well. If it were me, I would want

> to try to wean myself off it. Getting proper thyroid

> treatment, adrenal treatment if necessary, and eating

> a wholesome diet with adequate supplements, sunshine,

> and exercise, and general self-care should help a lot

> with depression!

>

> Marlena

> ---

> wrote:

>

> > That reminds me Marlena - I mentioned to the doctor

> > about Prozac, but she told me it's fine - any

> > suggestions? Love Chris

Guest guest

> with depression!

>

> Marlena

> ---

> wrote:

>

Guest guest

> with depression!

>

> Marlena

> ---

> wrote:

>

Guest guest

Thanks for putting it so clearly - there is only one route to take then. I have no choice. I'm coming off it and that's it. I wonder if the thyroxene on it's own would work without the Prozac. I'm also taking Beta blockers as well though, and don't know what to do about those.... It's all a bit of a mess! Love ps I know I've had Paxil for a LONG time in the past, before I went on to Prozac too:-(((((

Prozac is a Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI) that is loadedwith Fluoride, detrimental to blockage of what the thyroid hormones wouldordinarily do. Someone who is taking this antidepressant is taking theirthyroid hormone for naught, since it's going to block the effects ofwhatever the hormone would ordinarily do for a person. Until a person comesoff of this med, they are whitling in the wind, concerning their thyroidtreatment. Some of the other SSRIs also do this, namely Zoloft, Celexa,Paxil, and there's another one I can't think of right now. There are alsosome newer ones that inhibit the reuptake of more than one of these brainsubstances. These I know nothing about.

Guest guest

Thanks for putting it so clearly - there is only one route to take then. I have no choice. I'm coming off it and that's it. I wonder if the thyroxene on it's own would work without the Prozac. I'm also taking Beta blockers as well though, and don't know what to do about those.... It's all a bit of a mess! Love ps I know I've had Paxil for a LONG time in the past, before I went on to Prozac too:-(((((

Prozac is a Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI) that is loadedwith Fluoride, detrimental to blockage of what the thyroid hormones wouldordinarily do. Someone who is taking this antidepressant is taking theirthyroid hormone for naught, since it's going to block the effects ofwhatever the hormone would ordinarily do for a person. Until a person comesoff of this med, they are whitling in the wind, concerning their thyroidtreatment. Some of the other SSRIs also do this, namely Zoloft, Celexa,Paxil, and there's another one I can't think of right now. There are alsosome newer ones that inhibit the reuptake of more than one of these brainsubstances. These I know nothing about.

Guest guest

Guest guest

If you are going to withdraw from these meds, do it very slowly and careful. I've read and heard that the SSRIs are extremely hard to get off of. Take your lower lip and fold it back over your head, so I've heard. The beta blockers are also something that needs to be looked at VERY closely and carefully before coming off of them. I don't know whether you were given one of those for heart arhythmia or for slowing down your heart rate or what, but you need to tell your doctor, if you are going to embark on this. My main concern is the SSRIs, as beta blockers may be prescribed for a heart that is out of rhythym. In this case, it can be very dangerous to withdraw from them. I took the old imipramine (NOT an SSRI) for 4 solid yrs, and it was also very hard to withdraw from. Took me about 3 to 4 months to do this. I did inform my then-doctor before I did it. He wanted me on it forEVER, lol! That was prescribed for me at the same time that he started me on thyroid meds of any kind, at that time, Synthroid.

Guest guest

If you are going to withdraw from these meds, do it very slowly and careful. I've read and heard that the SSRIs are extremely hard to get off of. Take your lower lip and fold it back over your head, so I've heard. The beta blockers are also something that needs to be looked at VERY closely and carefully before coming off of them. I don't know whether you were given one of those for heart arhythmia or for slowing down your heart rate or what, but you need to tell your doctor, if you are going to embark on this. My main concern is the SSRIs, as beta blockers may be prescribed for a heart that is out of rhythym. In this case, it can be very dangerous to withdraw from them. I took the old imipramine (NOT an SSRI) for 4 solid yrs, and it was also very hard to withdraw from. Took me about 3 to 4 months to do this. I did inform my then-doctor before I did it. He wanted me on it forEVER, lol! That was prescribed for me at the same time that he started me on thyroid meds of any kind, at that time, Synthroid.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Yes, , I know that it is intended that I'm on Prozac for the rest of my life as well as the Beta blockers, so I know if it's at all possible I need to do all this through my doctor. If I can't, then I'm wondering if a private doctor, like Doctor Skinner, might be able to take on the whole issue of the thyroid as well as the beta blockers as well. (Yes, the Atenolol was prescribed for the heart being out of rhythym, as well as the diltiazem hydrochloride). Is there an alternative to beta blockers for the heart being out of rhythym, and could it be that if I wasn't hypothyroid, the heart wouldn't be out of rhythym anyway? Thanks for your help! Love Chris

Guest guest

Yes, , I know that it is intended that I'm on Prozac for the rest of my life as well as the Beta blockers, so I know if it's at all possible I need to do all this through my doctor. If I can't, then I'm wondering if a private doctor, like Doctor Skinner, might be able to take on the whole issue of the thyroid as well as the beta blockers as well. (Yes, the Atenolol was prescribed for the heart being out of rhythym, as well as the diltiazem hydrochloride). Is there an alternative to beta blockers for the heart being out of rhythym, and could it be that if I wasn't hypothyroid, the heart wouldn't be out of rhythym anyway? Thanks for your help! Love Chris

Guest guest

Guest guest

Just got to page 112 on 'Living Well with Hypothyroidism' by Shomon, and discovered that the Simvestatin (cholestrol reducing) ALSO binds up thyroid hormones. Oh heck! This is ridiculous! There's the Prozac, the beta blocker and the simvestatin - and here I was, wondering why the thyroxene wasn't doing anything... I NEED a doctor that I can suggest my doctor speaks to, or a doctor I can go to who will take ALL of this into account. We live and learn... Love Chris

Guest guest

Just got to page 112 on 'Living Well with Hypothyroidism' by Shomon, and discovered that the Simvestatin (cholestrol reducing) ALSO binds up thyroid hormones. Oh heck! This is ridiculous! There's the Prozac, the beta blocker and the simvestatin - and here I was, wondering why the thyroxene wasn't doing anything... I NEED a doctor that I can suggest my doctor speaks to, or a doctor I can go to who will take ALL of this into account. We live and learn... Love Chris

Guest guest

Guest guest

Unfortunately, we've found that so many doctors are "trained" in medical schools with Big Bucks from Big Pharma. That means so many doctors don't know these relationships, and that also means that they may get angry or totally ignore anything you have to say about this. Unless a doctor makes a big study of these things, he or she is going to writhe, groan, and generally act like someone who is having a seizure, when you bring this up to him/her. His/her neck will writhe and change shapes, and the eyes will pop out on their stems almost automatically upon any suggestion that you may know something that he/she doesn't know. Of course, you will be paying him/her not to know what you already know.

(((Snicker, hehe)))

Guest guest

Unfortunately, we've found that so many doctors are "trained" in medical schools with Big Bucks from Big Pharma. That means so many doctors don't know these relationships, and that also means that they may get angry or totally ignore anything you have to say about this. Unless a doctor makes a big study of these things, he or she is going to writhe, groan, and generally act like someone who is having a seizure, when you bring this up to him/her. His/her neck will writhe and change shapes, and the eyes will pop out on their stems almost automatically upon any suggestion that you may know something that he/she doesn't know. Of course, you will be paying him/her not to know what you already know.

(((Snicker, hehe)))

Guest guest

(((Snicker, hehe)))

Guest guest

> Is there an alternative to beta blockers for the heart being out of rhythym, and could it be that if I wasn't hypothyroid, the heart wouldn't be out of rhythym anyway? Thanks for your help! Love Chris

Yes, it is certainly possible and maybe even probable that thyroid disease caused it, but some things are permanent damage, though I'm not saying yours is, I couldn't possibly make that call. I don't know of any substitutes for beta blockers. Propanalol, the granddaddy of all the beta blockers, is still used to control the heartrate and some other symptoms of hyperthyroidism.

Guest guest

> Is there an alternative to beta blockers for the heart being out of rhythym, and could it be that if I wasn't hypothyroid, the heart wouldn't be out of rhythym anyway? Thanks for your help! Love Chris

Yes, it is certainly possible and maybe even probable that thyroid disease caused it, but some things are permanent damage, though I'm not saying yours is, I couldn't possibly make that call. I don't know of any substitutes for beta blockers. Propanalol, the granddaddy of all the beta blockers, is still used to control the heartrate and some other symptoms of hyperthyroidism.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Oh LOL! You have given me the biggest laugh of the day LOL! Is there a name for this syndrome that doctors have?LOL! Perhaps I could take a book on it along to the surgery with me LOL! I honestly thought my eyes had been opened when someone first posted on the Novice Breeder Advice Group (the cat list) about thyroid, but since then my eyes have been opened wider and wider and wider - I'm afraid they are about to pop out like the doctor's LOL! I've decided the best thing to do is write a letter to the doctor with all this stuff in, and mentioning the name of a doctor in Hull who prescribes Armour (thanks , it was you who mentioned that, wasn't it?) and HOPE that she takes it all on board. Love Chris:-)

(((Snicker, hehe)))

Guest guest

Oh LOL! You have given me the biggest laugh of the day LOL! Is there a name for this syndrome that doctors have?LOL! Perhaps I could take a book on it along to the surgery with me LOL! I honestly thought my eyes had been opened when someone first posted on the Novice Breeder Advice Group (the cat list) about thyroid, but since then my eyes have been opened wider and wider and wider - I'm afraid they are about to pop out like the doctor's LOL! I've decided the best thing to do is write a letter to the doctor with all this stuff in, and mentioning the name of a doctor in Hull who prescribes Armour (thanks , it was you who mentioned that, wasn't it?) and HOPE that she takes it all on board. Love Chris:-)

(((Snicker, hehe)))