RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Re: ///topper - working on lamp rubbing and crossed fingers!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've read that too, , about the major muscles having problems.. I'm having horrid problems with my right thigh.. but it only affects me when going up or down steps. It's like the muscle won't hold for the full movement of stepping up or down... but it's able to handle me standing up... so it's not involving all the muscles in that leg.. but some... BUT I don't know if it's directly the muscle that is the cause of this or the fibrotic tissue developing in my thighs from the lympedema.

I wish I still had my books with the muscle diagrams... I should look all that stuff up again.....

See? You did it too.... it's a natural movement and it just snuck up on you... we don't notice it until it hits us that we didn't have to cope with the movement it just worked...

Topper ()

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 15:26:05 -0500 " " writes:

This is something I've begun to notice over the last 3 to 4 months, come to think of it, and I'm only about 15 lbs overweight at this point, so the weight has nothing to do with it----For the last 5 yrs, I've been pushing up from anywhere I'm sitting, leaning forward, then crawling my hands up the fronts of my thighs, in order to rise from a sitting position. That started changing within the those last few months, but I didn't really think about it right away. When I got up from the bench out in the break area at work a couple of months ago, I suddenly realized that I was no longer doing this to rise, and I just started laughing because I hadn't realized it. Mind you, my thigh muscles aren't large and powerful the way they were just a few short yrs ago (I'm suspectin growth hormone loss there, since I do exercise my legs every day with a little resistance exercise, plus I keep the nursing floor hot most nights, etc..), so there hasn't been any special change in the exercise department. Slowly but surely. It's got to be better thyroid hormone treatment/use. In chronic hypo, the pelvic girdle and the large muscles of the thighs really get weak, I've read that in several places.

Guest guest

I've read that too, , about the major muscles having problems.. I'm having horrid problems with my right thigh.. but it only affects me when going up or down steps. It's like the muscle won't hold for the full movement of stepping up or down... but it's able to handle me standing up... so it's not involving all the muscles in that leg.. but some... BUT I don't know if it's directly the muscle that is the cause of this or the fibrotic tissue developing in my thighs from the lympedema.

I wish I still had my books with the muscle diagrams... I should look all that stuff up again.....

See? You did it too.... it's a natural movement and it just snuck up on you... we don't notice it until it hits us that we didn't have to cope with the movement it just worked...

Topper ()

This is something I've begun to notice over the last 3 to 4 months, come to think of it, and I'm only about 15 lbs overweight at this point, so the weight has nothing to do with it----For the last 5 yrs, I've been pushing up from anywhere I'm sitting, leaning forward, then crawling my hands up the fronts of my thighs, in order to rise from a sitting position. That started changing within the those last few months, but I didn't really think about it right away. When I got up from the bench out in the break area at work a couple of months ago, I suddenly realized that I was no longer doing this to rise, and I just started laughing because I hadn't realized it. Mind you, my thigh muscles aren't large and powerful the way they were just a few short yrs ago (I'm suspectin growth hormone loss there, since I do exercise my legs every day with a little resistance exercise, plus I keep the nursing floor hot most nights, etc..), so there hasn't been any special change in the exercise department. Slowly but surely. It's got to be better thyroid hormone treatment/use. In chronic hypo, the pelvic girdle and the large muscles of the thighs really get weak, I've read that in several places.

Guest guest

Topper ()

Guest guest

Hi

OMG!!! What a flashback I just had.About 3 years ago our pond needed to be deepened as we were going to leave the fish out through the winter. Instead of digging it deeper I got my hubby to build it up with a wall all around. The main reason being that once I got down onto my knees to clean it out or feed the fish I would then have to crawl all the way back to the patio so that I could stand up. Hauling myself up by my arms with the help of a chair and sometimes the family looking on in amazement and not knowing whether to help or not. Which ever way they went it would be wrong as far as I was concerned. I am now able to walk up to the 2nd storey of our house and even carry the laundry at the same time, as long as the basket isn't too full. Things really do get better shame is, we don't always notice until we get that slap in the face. Thanks for the memory, because we must not forget how we were.

Dawn wrote:

Wow - I AM impressed!!!! I can't remember the last time I could get up from a chair (or the toilet!) without leaning on something. I'm noticing that in the mornings now I can get up from the chair leaning a bit lighter on just one hand, but by now (10pm) it's back to both hands, but I'm sure it'll improve:-))) It really is quite exciting, isn't it:-)))) I wondered this morning if I could get up from the floor without crawling to something to pull myself up, but I didn't dare try LOL! Love Chris

You got it!!! That's it... when you don't realize until AFTER that it suddenly started working right.... ain't it just soooo cool!!!???!!!!

Here's another one for yah. A chair, getting up from a chair. For so long, I can't even remember how long, I couldn't get from a chair, or a toilet, or the bed, without hanging on to something to either pull myself up or push myself up..... Not any more.... Unless the seat is below my natural knee level I can get up without using my hands or arms!!!

BIG GRIN

Topper ()__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi

OMG!!! What a flashback I just had.About 3 years ago our pond needed to be deepened as we were going to leave the fish out through the winter. Instead of digging it deeper I got my hubby to build it up with a wall all around. The main reason being that once I got down onto my knees to clean it out or feed the fish I would then have to crawl all the way back to the patio so that I could stand up. Hauling myself up by my arms with the help of a chair and sometimes the family looking on in amazement and not knowing whether to help or not. Which ever way they went it would be wrong as far as I was concerned. I am now able to walk up to the 2nd storey of our house and even carry the laundry at the same time, as long as the basket isn't too full. Things really do get better shame is, we don't always notice until we get that slap in the face. Thanks for the memory, because we must not forget how we were.

Dawn wrote:

Wow - I AM impressed!!!! I can't remember the last time I could get up from a chair (or the toilet!) without leaning on something. I'm noticing that in the mornings now I can get up from the chair leaning a bit lighter on just one hand, but by now (10pm) it's back to both hands, but I'm sure it'll improve:-))) It really is quite exciting, isn't it:-)))) I wondered this morning if I could get up from the floor without crawling to something to pull myself up, but I didn't dare try LOL! Love Chris

You got it!!! That's it... when you don't realize until AFTER that it suddenly started working right.... ain't it just soooo cool!!!???!!!!

Here's another one for yah. A chair, getting up from a chair. For so long, I can't even remember how long, I couldn't get from a chair, or a toilet, or the bed, without hanging on to something to either pull myself up or push myself up..... Not any more.... Unless the seat is below my natural knee level I can get up without using my hands or arms!!!

BIG GRIN

Guest guest

Hi

Dawn wrote:

BIG GRIN

Guest guest

Funny that - years ago I was sent by the doctor to a physio because I had muscle wastage in my thigh - they could actually see it. Surely that's got to be linked.... Love Chris

Topper ()

Guest guest

Funny that - years ago I was sent by the doctor to a physio because I had muscle wastage in my thigh - they could actually see it. Surely that's got to be linked.... Love Chris

Topper ()

Guest guest

Topper ()

Guest guest

Hi Dawn, It makes me wish I'd taken a video of myself a few weeks ago! Well I think you were very noble helping clean the fish pond in that state! I did actually think, last time I went to the doctor, of getting down on the floor and then letting her watch me get up again! I think that might have got the message over fairly quickly. Maybe this could be a suggestion for people going to their doctor to explain the effects of their thyroid being 'normal'! Love Chris

Hi

Dawn

Guest guest

Hi Dawn, It makes me wish I'd taken a video of myself a few weeks ago! Well I think you were very noble helping clean the fish pond in that state! I did actually think, last time I went to the doctor, of getting down on the floor and then letting her watch me get up again! I think that might have got the message over fairly quickly. Maybe this could be a suggestion for people going to their doctor to explain the effects of their thyroid being 'normal'! Love Chris

Hi

Dawn

Guest guest

Hi

Dawn

Guest guest

Hi

Don't think that it was being noble, [thanks for the compliment] just plain old British bulldog thing of "I will do this even if it kills me". Even if you did the video thing I really think that they would assume that you were acting to make an impression. I find that people can, at a stretch, sympathize but only those that are there or have been there can truly empathize and be there for you. Also, was always told that you keep pushing through how you feel and keep the "stiff upper lip" which really is not always the best thing but having watched how my mum [who had bronchial asthma & emphasyma] gave up because the docs gave her so much meds they nearly killed her with them. I promised me that I would not allow that to happen, but it did, and now that I am on the other side of all those meds and still going at my age I am glad that I still have that attitude of this will not beat me.

Dawn wrote:

Hi

Dawn __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi

Don't think that it was being noble, [thanks for the compliment] just plain old British bulldog thing of "I will do this even if it kills me". Even if you did the video thing I really think that they would assume that you were acting to make an impression. I find that people can, at a stretch, sympathize but only those that are there or have been there can truly empathize and be there for you. Also, was always told that you keep pushing through how you feel and keep the "stiff upper lip" which really is not always the best thing but having watched how my mum [who had bronchial asthma & emphasyma] gave up because the docs gave her so much meds they nearly killed her with them. I promised me that I would not allow that to happen, but it did, and now that I am on the other side of all those meds and still going at my age I am glad that I still have that attitude of this will not beat me.

Dawn wrote:

Hi

Guest guest

Hi

Dawn wrote:

Hi

Guest guest

Yes Dawn, and now I have a slightly guilty feeling about the stiff upper lip, because I'm wondering if I hadn't put such a brave face on it, my doctor might have realised much sooner how wrong things were going. I think we tend to do this sometimes, until we're so bad that we don't have the energy to put a brave face on it. So I suppose the thing is, to remember that there is a time and place for the stiff upper lip and the doctor's surgery isn't one of them. Love Chris

Hi

Dawn

Guest guest

Yes Dawn, and now I have a slightly guilty feeling about the stiff upper lip, because I'm wondering if I hadn't put such a brave face on it, my doctor might have realised much sooner how wrong things were going. I think we tend to do this sometimes, until we're so bad that we don't have the energy to put a brave face on it. So I suppose the thing is, to remember that there is a time and place for the stiff upper lip and the doctor's surgery isn't one of them. Love Chris

Hi

Dawn

Guest guest

Yes!!

It really is a joy to achieve simple things in life, isn't it! Wonderful ! Love Chris:-)

Guest guest

Yes!!

It really is a joy to achieve simple things in life, isn't it! Wonderful ! Love Chris:-)

Guest guest

Yes!!