RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Re: ///topper - working on lamp rubbing and crossed fingers!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I don't really consider it off topic... with all the stuff that gets messed up when being hypo we can use any 'legitimate' procedure or supplement to help with symptoms during dose adjustment, as far as I'm concerned... what I TOTALLY don't agree with is the philosophy of 'here take this pill, and this pill and this pill and then go walk for ever' to lose weight or relieve symptoms like our head problems....

One of the problems that I had involved my rib cage... work up every morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck, a BIG truck, that back over me a few times to be sure that it didn't miss.... low and behold that wasn't my imagination, or an injury.. it's an inflammation of the cartilage of the rib cage... directly related to low thyroid..... I found a way of sleeping that relieved that pain.... found out later that other folks had figured out the same thing and had a name for it.... my point is that sometimes there are things that we do have to do to get by until the meds are right.... Hey.. .come to think of it the crutches, for me, was the same thing, without them I couldn't walk... that went away when I got on the right form of hormone replacement...

I, believe it or not, you old timers... went on my walk today... first time since I developed the lymphedema a year ago...... I made the whole 1.3 miles.... I was moving slow.... but after I got back to the house I sat for about fifteen minutes to settle down my breathing and then I went ahead with my day, Friday is cooking/baking day for the weekend and I still got all of that done, meals set up til Monday and the dishes and kitchen all cleaned up by about 1 pm... I'm a bit sore now... but... geez.... still pretty good considering I, at one time couldn't get 20 feet to the bathroom without crutches!!!!

*GRIN*

I want to get back to regular walking... feet with bad shoes and weather permitting... I won't walk if it's too hot for me... I have to deal with being too hot in the house most of the time.. I ain't going outside to deal with heat too... This morning was pretty nice. It was 52 when I left the house and the sun was just starting to peek out of the clouds as I got back.

Ummmm for those that do any heavy stuff toward well wishes and luck... I bought a lottery ticket... if it wins the big one.. we start building the clinic!

Topper ()

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 23:55:31 -0000 "daisy_ysiad2002" writes:

i know this is off topic kind of for treatment but my headaches go away when i get chiropractic treatments. My head hurts so bad sometimes that i want to puke and i get so nauseaus. He does an adjustment..takes a while to settle and the next day i feel so much better.

Guest guest

I don't really consider it off topic... with all the stuff that gets messed up when being hypo we can use any 'legitimate' procedure or supplement to help with symptoms during dose adjustment, as far as I'm concerned... what I TOTALLY don't agree with is the philosophy of 'here take this pill, and this pill and this pill and then go walk for ever' to lose weight or relieve symptoms like our head problems....

One of the problems that I had involved my rib cage... work up every morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck, a BIG truck, that back over me a few times to be sure that it didn't miss.... low and behold that wasn't my imagination, or an injury.. it's an inflammation of the cartilage of the rib cage... directly related to low thyroid..... I found a way of sleeping that relieved that pain.... found out later that other folks had figured out the same thing and had a name for it.... my point is that sometimes there are things that we do have to do to get by until the meds are right.... Hey.. .come to think of it the crutches, for me, was the same thing, without them I couldn't walk... that went away when I got on the right form of hormone replacement...

I, believe it or not, you old timers... went on my walk today... first time since I developed the lymphedema a year ago...... I made the whole 1.3 miles.... I was moving slow.... but after I got back to the house I sat for about fifteen minutes to settle down my breathing and then I went ahead with my day, Friday is cooking/baking day for the weekend and I still got all of that done, meals set up til Monday and the dishes and kitchen all cleaned up by about 1 pm... I'm a bit sore now... but... geez.... still pretty good considering I, at one time couldn't get 20 feet to the bathroom without crutches!!!!

*GRIN*

I want to get back to regular walking... feet with bad shoes and weather permitting... I won't walk if it's too hot for me... I have to deal with being too hot in the house most of the time.. I ain't going outside to deal with heat too... This morning was pretty nice. It was 52 when I left the house and the sun was just starting to peek out of the clouds as I got back.

Ummmm for those that do any heavy stuff toward well wishes and luck... I bought a lottery ticket... if it wins the big one.. we start building the clinic!

Topper ()

i know this is off topic kind of for treatment but my headaches go away when i get chiropractic treatments. My head hurts so bad sometimes that i want to puke and i get so nauseaus. He does an adjustment..takes a while to settle and the next day i feel so much better.

Guest guest

*GRIN*

Topper ()

Guest guest

Yea Topper!! So glad to hear you're walking outside, no matter how near or far!! One thing----Be sure you get a GOOD pair of supportive walking shoes. I know that your money is limited (like mine), and it's hard to make room on the budget, BUT, I don't want you to end up like I did, not knowing this. I wore those little "cute" tennis shoes that made the leg look better and started walking for miles, yrs ago. I didn't know that I was hypo at the time and continued to walk in these shoes. It just accelerated the foot problems that much faster. Today, I wear shoes that look like "monster" things, but who cares, they help keep my feet healthier, plus they make my carriage so much better, spinal stuff included. My problem is that I don't replace them often enough, due to funding, but I still do replace them about twice a yr. I save the cutesy shoes for other types of things, but it's still rare when I'm not wearing athletic shoes, except for church, special events, etc...

*GRIN*

Topper ()

Guest guest

Yea Topper!! So glad to hear you're walking outside, no matter how near or far!! One thing----Be sure you get a GOOD pair of supportive walking shoes. I know that your money is limited (like mine), and it's hard to make room on the budget, BUT, I don't want you to end up like I did, not knowing this. I wore those little "cute" tennis shoes that made the leg look better and started walking for miles, yrs ago. I didn't know that I was hypo at the time and continued to walk in these shoes. It just accelerated the foot problems that much faster. Today, I wear shoes that look like "monster" things, but who cares, they help keep my feet healthier, plus they make my carriage so much better, spinal stuff included. My problem is that I don't replace them often enough, due to funding, but I still do replace them about twice a yr. I save the cutesy shoes for other types of things, but it's still rare when I'm not wearing athletic shoes, except for church, special events, etc...

*GRIN*

Topper ()

Guest guest

Wonderful to hear how you're improving !!!!! 1.3 miles sounds a long way to me at the moment, but I'm full of hope I'll soon be joining you, if not in the same place LOL!:-))))))

Love Chris:-))))

*GRIN*

Topper ()

Guest guest

Wonderful to hear how you're improving !!!!! 1.3 miles sounds a long way to me at the moment, but I'm full of hope I'll soon be joining you, if not in the same place LOL!:-))))))

*GRIN*

Topper ()

Guest guest

*GRIN*

Topper ()

Guest guest

Oh yeah.. I know about shoes... I used to wear the 10 dollar wonders. I have sweaty feet.. the cheapy shoes I could just through away every few months and not worry about it... Years and years ago they made the tennies so that you could wash them... now they disintegrate...

After the PF I learned about shoes.. and got my enstein shoes... Air pockets in the bottoms and I added three different insoles inside to give even more cushy and protection.. they make me about 3 1/2 inches taller than my other shoes did.. and they were like walking on air.... but.... the air pockets got holes punched in them when the roof got shingled and I was made to go outside and help haul shingles... the nails in the grass pierced the shoes... so now they are 'off kilter'. That was when I trashed my body so bad I spent three days in this chair before I could move again... no food, no water, no bathroom, cuz I couldn't stand up. And no one here noticed.. they didn't even notice that I wasn't going to bed at night either... I was just made to feel like a bum for not helping with the roof and pretending I didn't feel good. That was just after I'd started on Nutri-meds thyroid. I couldn't walk for shit to begin with and I was told to move the wheel barrow around the yard... You should have seen me... I'd pick it up by the handles with the wheel barrow behind me.. and then lean forward.. it was the weight of the stuff in the thing that counter balanced my weight to keep me from falling down but I was just enough heavier than it so that when I moved into the lean it followed me and I then just moved my feet... like how you scramble your feet when you trip to keep from falling down? That's how I did it... Then when I got it to the dumpster I would prop myself against the side of the dumpster and then grab the shingles with one hand and through them over the side... After the third load I quit walking to go sit in the shade. I just sat on the tire of the flat bed trailer out in the middle of the yard. and baked in the sun. Couldn't even walk to the shade.

When I said that I couldn't do any more I was told that we are all hurting what made me think that I was so special?

Arrghhh.. anyway that's when I wrecked my shoes... and still haven't had the money to get new ones... Considering that I seldom go any where it hasn't been a big deal.... but now that I know that my legs aren't full of blood clots, like I did last year, and that it's safe to walk... and the weather this year is finally cooling down.... I'd like to be walking.....

You know what? My life SUCKS!

But, anyway... I woke up this morning and my feet, legs and back are feeling fine.... I'll just take the extra time to wear two pairs of socks in the shoes, as I did yesterday... and go for it... I won't be walking today or tomorrow, has to do with house schedules.... but I'll be out there again Monday! GRIN

Topper ()

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 03:05:11 -0500 " " writes:

Guest guest

Oh yeah.. I know about shoes... I used to wear the 10 dollar wonders. I have sweaty feet.. the cheapy shoes I could just through away every few months and not worry about it... Years and years ago they made the tennies so that you could wash them... now they disintegrate...

After the PF I learned about shoes.. and got my enstein shoes... Air pockets in the bottoms and I added three different insoles inside to give even more cushy and protection.. they make me about 3 1/2 inches taller than my other shoes did.. and they were like walking on air.... but.... the air pockets got holes punched in them when the roof got shingled and I was made to go outside and help haul shingles... the nails in the grass pierced the shoes... so now they are 'off kilter'. That was when I trashed my body so bad I spent three days in this chair before I could move again... no food, no water, no bathroom, cuz I couldn't stand up. And no one here noticed.. they didn't even notice that I wasn't going to bed at night either... I was just made to feel like a bum for not helping with the roof and pretending I didn't feel good. That was just after I'd started on Nutri-meds thyroid. I couldn't walk for shit to begin with and I was told to move the wheel barrow around the yard... You should have seen me... I'd pick it up by the handles with the wheel barrow behind me.. and then lean forward.. it was the weight of the stuff in the thing that counter balanced my weight to keep me from falling down but I was just enough heavier than it so that when I moved into the lean it followed me and I then just moved my feet... like how you scramble your feet when you trip to keep from falling down? That's how I did it... Then when I got it to the dumpster I would prop myself against the side of the dumpster and then grab the shingles with one hand and through them over the side... After the third load I quit walking to go sit in the shade. I just sat on the tire of the flat bed trailer out in the middle of the yard. and baked in the sun. Couldn't even walk to the shade.

When I said that I couldn't do any more I was told that we are all hurting what made me think that I was so special?

Arrghhh.. anyway that's when I wrecked my shoes... and still haven't had the money to get new ones... Considering that I seldom go any where it hasn't been a big deal.... but now that I know that my legs aren't full of blood clots, like I did last year, and that it's safe to walk... and the weather this year is finally cooling down.... I'd like to be walking.....

You know what? My life SUCKS!

But, anyway... I woke up this morning and my feet, legs and back are feeling fine.... I'll just take the extra time to wear two pairs of socks in the shoes, as I did yesterday... and go for it... I won't be walking today or tomorrow, has to do with house schedules.... but I'll be out there again Monday! GRIN

Topper ()

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 03:05:11 -0500 " " writes:

Guest guest

I've got to dig out my pedometer again.. it fell behind the nightstand... it's time to start using it again!!! hehehehe First I'm gonna work on getting my time down for this trip... I'm still so darn slow.... I could have done it faster on crutches!!! You should have seen me zooming down the street, years ago, to catch my bus to work...it was dark and not quite 5 in the morning.. no one was up... so I went zipping down the middle of the street for the first 1/4 mile.. there weren't enough street lights to see the sidewalks clearly and my crutches would hit a crack or something an a couple of times I'd fallen... not a pretty site, trust me.... so the middle of the street had no obstructions... I didn't have to pick my way I could just 'rock and roll'... I was too shy to do it that way when people could see me.... I went more normal...

They should make that an Olympic event... speed crutching!!! heheheheh

Topper ()

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:33:09 +0100 "" writes:

Guest guest

I've got to dig out my pedometer again.. it fell behind the nightstand... it's time to start using it again!!! hehehehe First I'm gonna work on getting my time down for this trip... I'm still so darn slow.... I could have done it faster on crutches!!! You should have seen me zooming down the street, years ago, to catch my bus to work...it was dark and not quite 5 in the morning.. no one was up... so I went zipping down the middle of the street for the first 1/4 mile.. there weren't enough street lights to see the sidewalks clearly and my crutches would hit a crack or something an a couple of times I'd fallen... not a pretty site, trust me.... so the middle of the street had no obstructions... I didn't have to pick my way I could just 'rock and roll'... I was too shy to do it that way when people could see me.... I went more normal...

Topper ()

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:33:09 +0100 "" writes:

Guest guest

You got me asking my husband how far he reckoned we walked the dog - did a slighly longer one today and he thought three quarters of a mile, so now you've given me the idea to time it:-)))) Then increase it, bit by bit:-)))) Lucky dog LOL! Love Chris:-) - yes I can imagine an Olympic event LOL!

Topper ()

Guest guest

You got me asking my husband how far he reckoned we walked the dog - did a slighly longer one today and he thought three quarters of a mile, so now you've given me the idea to time it:-)))) Then increase it, bit by bit:-)))) Lucky dog LOL! Love Chris:-) - yes I can imagine an Olympic event LOL!

Topper ()

Guest guest

See, there ya go... you got your first goal!!!

It's a LOT easier with a dog.. if you need to stop a minute and catch you're breath or let a muscle stop spasming.. you can stop and watch your dog sniff... no one thinks anything of it.. for me yesterday.... all kinds of traffic going by so I was bashful about just stopping a minute in the side of the road... so I'd slow a bit and look off into the woods... and the stop and turn and stare... looked like I was watching something interesting and stopped... well, at least I hoped that it did!!!! I had to do that twice the last quarter of the way back to the house.. that list part is up a slight grade, so it's rough.

Topper ()

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 13:57:51 +0100 "" writes:

Guest guest

You're right :-))) Today, as well, I noticed that whereas a few days ago it HURT walking where people's drives dipped and rose again on the pavement (sidewalk to you LOL!), today I was half way round before I thought about it! Joy is walking and not noticing dips and rises in the pavement LOL!:-)))))))) Love Chris

See, there ya go... you got your first goal!!!

It's a LOT easier with a dog.. if you need to stop a minute and catch you're breath or let a muscle stop spasming.. you can stop and watch your dog sniff... no one thinks anything of it.. for me yesterday.... all kinds of traffic going by so I was bashful about just stopping a minute in the side of the road... so I'd slow a bit and look off into the woods... and the stop and turn and stare... looked like I was watching something interesting and stopped... well, at least I hoped that it did!!!! I had to do that twice the last quarter of the way back to the house.. that list part is up a slight grade, so it's rough.

Topper ()

Guest guest

You got it!!! That's it... when you don't realize until AFTER that it suddenly started working right.... ain't it just soooo cool!!!???!!!!

Here's another one for yah. A chair, getting up from a chair. For so long, I can't even remember how long, I couldn't get from a chair, or a toilet, or the bed, without hanging on to something to either pull myself up or push myself up..... Not any more.... Unless the seat is below my natural knee level I can get up without using my hands or arms!!!

BIG GRIN

Topper ()

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 16:50:54 +0100 "" writes:

You're right :-))) Today, as well, I noticed that whereas a few days ago it HURT walking where people's drives dipped and rose again on the pavement (sidewalk to you LOL!), today I was half way round before I thought about it! Joy is walking and not noticing dips and rises in the pavement LOL!:-)))))))) Love Chris

Guest guest

You got it!!! That's it... when you don't realize until AFTER that it suddenly started working right.... ain't it just soooo cool!!!???!!!!

Here's another one for yah. A chair, getting up from a chair. For so long, I can't even remember how long, I couldn't get from a chair, or a toilet, or the bed, without hanging on to something to either pull myself up or push myself up..... Not any more.... Unless the seat is below my natural knee level I can get up without using my hands or arms!!!

BIG GRIN

Topper ()

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 16:50:54 +0100 "" writes:

Guest guest

This is something I've begun to notice over the last 3 to 4 months, come to think of it, and I'm only about 15 lbs overweight at this point, so the weight has nothing to do with it----For the last 5 yrs, I've been pushing up from anywhere I'm sitting, leaning forward, then crawling my hands up the fronts of my thighs, in order to rise from a sitting position. That started changing within the those last few months, but I didn't really think about it right away. When I got up from the bench out in the break area at work a couple of months ago, I suddenly realized that I was no longer doing this to rise, and I just started laughing because I hadn't realized it. Mind you, my thigh muscles aren't large and powerful the way they were just a few short yrs ago (I'm suspectin growth hormone loss there, since I do exercise my legs every day with a little resistance exercise, plus I keep the nursing floor hot most nights, etc..), so there hasn't been any special change in the exercise department. Slowly but surely. It's got to be better thyroid hormone treatment/use. In chronic hypo, the pelvic girdle and the large muscles of the thighs really get weak, I've read that in several places.

BIG GRIN

Topper ()

Guest guest

Wow - I AM impressed!!!! I can't remember the last time I could get up from a chair (or the toilet!) without leaning on something. I'm noticing that in the mornings now I can get up from the chair leaning a bit lighter on just one hand, but by now (10pm) it's back to both hands, but I'm sure it'll improve:-))) It really is quite exciting, isn't it:-)))) I wondered this morning if I could get up from the floor without crawling to something to pull myself up, but I didn't dare try LOL! Love Chris

BIG GRIN

Topper ()

Guest guest

Wow - I AM impressed!!!! I can't remember the last time I could get up from a chair (or the toilet!) without leaning on something. I'm noticing that in the mornings now I can get up from the chair leaning a bit lighter on just one hand, but by now (10pm) it's back to both hands, but I'm sure it'll improve:-))) It really is quite exciting, isn't it:-)))) I wondered this morning if I could get up from the floor without crawling to something to pull myself up, but I didn't dare try LOL! Love Chris

BIG GRIN

Topper ()

Guest guest

BIG GRIN

Topper ()

Guest guest

It really is a joy to achieve simple things in life, isn't it! Wonderful ! Love Chris:-)

BIG GRIN

Topper ()

Guest guest

It really is a joy to achieve simple things in life, isn't it! Wonderful ! Love Chris:-)

BIG GRIN

Topper ()

Guest guest

BIG GRIN

Topper ()