RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Strangeness: Armour + compounded TR T3

Rate this topic

Guest guest

There are a few things floating around in my head.. the first question I'll ask, though, is how are you taking the T3?

When you take direct T3, ummmmm how to word this so we don't get back into a debate again.... when you take T3 the med that you've taken is out of your blood and used up either in the T3 receptors or passed from your body in about 4 hours of taking it. This has NOTHING to do with the half life of the T3, it has to do with the med and how the body uses it. So, for some of us that are having trouble with conversion we need to take smaller doses spread out throughout the day... I pretty much have to dose every three hours or I get the sleepies.

Some folks do best taking it in one dose, filling their receptors and then the conversion kicks in.... then folks, like me, can't do it that way, we need to dose more than once a day, in smaller amounts.

Once the med is used up you are dependent on your conversion. If you aren't converting the T4 in your tissues to T3, you'll 'crash'.. I wonder if that might be what is happening to you....?

Topper ()

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:58:35 -0400 Deborah Jacques writes:

Okay, here's a question that maybe someone has an answer to or opinion on:The doc I saw last month has me taking time-released T3, to clear outthe rT3, under the assumption that I have a bit--test results aren'tback yet. I was expecting to need to lower my dose of Armourappropriate to the amount of T3, and I did for the first bottle (10mcg),but have found that not to be the case, clearly, with the second bottle(25mcg). Early in the week, I added Armour as I felt theneed--basically, when a case of the "sleepies" would overtake me, buttrying to keep the "extra" at a minimum.I had a terrible hay-fever attack yesterday--sneezed my way through 1/2of a large box of Puffs & felt the usual allergy yucks. Knowing thatallergies are a hypo symptom for me (got LOTS better after startingArmour), I increased my Armour even more--I was on 3-1/2 grain to startwith a little over 2 weeks ago & thought I was about optimized--and took4 or 4-1/4 grains yesterday to try to fight off the allergy with NOhyper symptoms at all. I'm not sneezing so badly today, but still feel"down" from it & I REALLY don't want the cold that often follows, so Ialso took about 5,000mg vitamin C yesterday & more today, plus drinking LOTS of water.I was thinking that I'd need less Armour while on the T3, and maybe lessthan before after finishing the course (10 days each at 10, 25, and 37.5mcg followed by 30 days on 50mcg), but at least right now I'm needingMORE! I can think of a few possible reasons for this:1. I'm not absorbing the T3 properly, which seems possible. On the10mcg. it seemed to all get used up within 6 hours of taking it; on 25mcg I can't hardly tell I've taken it at all.2. They mixed up the bottles at the pharmacy3. I was farther from optimized than I thought, and clearing out rT3 isallowing me to use the Armour that I take, without extra floating aroundcausing hyper symptoms.4. My fT4 is already dropping and I was converting some, so I neednearly my full Armour dose PLUS the T3 to maintain.Does anyone have any idea which is the most likely, or if there'ssomething else I'm not thinking of?Thanks!Deborah

Guest guest

There are a few things floating around in my head.. the first question I'll ask, though, is how are you taking the T3?

When you take direct T3, ummmmm how to word this so we don't get back into a debate again.... when you take T3 the med that you've taken is out of your blood and used up either in the T3 receptors or passed from your body in about 4 hours of taking it. This has NOTHING to do with the half life of the T3, it has to do with the med and how the body uses it. So, for some of us that are having trouble with conversion we need to take smaller doses spread out throughout the day... I pretty much have to dose every three hours or I get the sleepies.

Some folks do best taking it in one dose, filling their receptors and then the conversion kicks in.... then folks, like me, can't do it that way, we need to dose more than once a day, in smaller amounts.

Once the med is used up you are dependent on your conversion. If you aren't converting the T4 in your tissues to T3, you'll 'crash'.. I wonder if that might be what is happening to you....?

Topper ()

Okay, here's a question that maybe someone has an answer to or opinion on:The doc I saw last month has me taking time-released T3, to clear outthe rT3, under the assumption that I have a bit--test results aren'tback yet. I was expecting to need to lower my dose of Armourappropriate to the amount of T3, and I did for the first bottle (10mcg),but have found that not to be the case, clearly, with the second bottle(25mcg). Early in the week, I added Armour as I felt theneed--basically, when a case of the "sleepies" would overtake me, buttrying to keep the "extra" at a minimum.I had a terrible hay-fever attack yesterday--sneezed my way through 1/2of a large box of Puffs & felt the usual allergy yucks. Knowing thatallergies are a hypo symptom for me (got LOTS better after startingArmour), I increased my Armour even more--I was on 3-1/2 grain to startwith a little over 2 weeks ago & thought I was about optimized--and took4 or 4-1/4 grains yesterday to try to fight off the allergy with NOhyper symptoms at all. I'm not sneezing so badly today, but still feel"down" from it & I REALLY don't want the cold that often follows, so Ialso took about 5,000mg vitamin C yesterday & more today, plus drinking LOTS of water.I was thinking that I'd need less Armour while on the T3, and maybe lessthan before after finishing the course (10 days each at 10, 25, and 37.5mcg followed by 30 days on 50mcg), but at least right now I'm needingMORE! I can think of a few possible reasons for this:1. I'm not absorbing the T3 properly, which seems possible. On the10mcg. it seemed to all get used up within 6 hours of taking it; on 25mcg I can't hardly tell I've taken it at all.2. They mixed up the bottles at the pharmacy3. I was farther from optimized than I thought, and clearing out rT3 isallowing me to use the Armour that I take, without extra floating aroundcausing hyper symptoms.4. My fT4 is already dropping and I was converting some, so I neednearly my full Armour dose PLUS the T3 to maintain.Does anyone have any idea which is the most likely, or if there'ssomething else I'm not thinking of?Thanks!Deborah

Guest guest

Topper ()

Guest guest

I'm taking the T3 first thing in the morning--but it is compounded

time-released, so it's supposed to release small amounts for 24 hours,

to the best of my knowledge. I do take my Armour (thyroid-s, actually)

every 3 hours while I'm awake. I don't even need to set a timer to

remind me--I start getting sleepy & lose concentration. I guess if I

were converting well, that wouldn't happen, huh? :-)

Deborah

topper2@... wrote:

> There are a few things floating around in my head.. the first question

> I'll ask, though, is how are you taking the T3?

>

> When you take direct T3, ummmmm how to word this so we don't get back

> into a debate again.... when you take T3 the med that you've taken is

> out of your blood and used up either in the T3 receptors or passed

> from your body in about 4 hours of taking it. This has NOTHING to do

> with the half life of the T3, it has to do with the med and how the

> body uses it. So, for some of us that are having trouble with

> conversion we need to take smaller doses spread out throughout the

> day... I pretty much have to dose every three hours or I get the sleepies.

Guest guest

Deborah

topper2@... wrote:

>

Guest guest

Deborah

topper2@... wrote:

>

Guest guest

> I'm taking the T3 first thing in the morning--but it is compounded

> time-released, so it's supposed to release small amounts for 24

hours,

> to the best of my knowledge.

Although the therory behind T/R works well some people are unable to

break down the coating on the tablet for the body to use it..me I

avoid T/R becasue my body breaks it down immediately.

One thing to think about too is if you are taking 10mcg of T/R that

is equivlant to one grain of Armour..25 mcg is equal to 2 1/2 grains

so if you were to reduce accordingly your Armour based on T/R T3 you

need to realize Armour is not T/R..so you need to cut out the amount

equally for all daily doses..although I am not sure how replacing

natural T3 with Synthetic T3 lowers the reverse T3?

Has your doctor done full testing on Free T3 and reverse T3 and Total

T3 to determine this is your problem and has he explained how it

would work and what effect it would have on your body?

Not trying to sound like your doctor is wrong..just something new I

would like to hear more about?

Guest guest

hours,

Guest guest

hours,

Guest guest

You sound like me... when I miss a dose, or the last time I tried to reduce the frequency of my doses, I was nodding off. Hmmmmm time release T3... .I wonder if you are having trouble with that. Some folks find that the 'trickle' of the T3 from time release doesn't put enough in their systems at any given time for it to be of benefit.

If you are dozing off if you are late with a T-S (Thyroid S is a generic natural thyroid out of Thailand, for those that haven't heard of it) dose, that, to me, suggests that there isn't enough T3 in your system for you to be awake.... Just like me.

Things that come to mind.

If you don't have enough T4 in your tissues for conversion, you can't convert enough for your body's use.

If you don't have enough selenium in your system to allow for conversion, you can't convert.

If your blood energy levels aren't sufficient for conversion, you can't convert.

If you are consuming things like High Fructose Corn Syrup that inhibit conversion, you won't be converting enough for your system.

There may be other factors, but that's what is hitting me this morning.... Do you eat small, frequent meals (mini meals)? That takes care of the energy factor. Do you take Selenium, most of us don't get sufficient amounts in our diets anymore, it has to do with commercial farming and the soil being deficient in it now days. If you are eating or drinking things with HFCS, soda, some cereals, all kinds of things, it can be messing up your conversion.

Now, this isn't to say that your body isn't just plain a lousy converter, mine is. All kinds of theories for what causes some to not convert well.... but for those of us that can't, or for the few that produce rT3 instead. We have to be more creative to get our bodies what they need to function.

Anything here set anything off in your brain that might be contributing to your body having troubles?

Topper ()

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 21:37:28 -0400 Deborah Jacques writes:

I'm taking the T3 first thing in the morning--but it is compounded time-released, so it's supposed to release small amounts for 24 hours, to the best of my knowledge. I do take my Armour (thyroid-s, actually) every 3 hours while I'm awake. I don't even need to set a timer to remind me--I start getting sleepy & lose concentration. I guess if I were converting well, that wouldn't happen, huh? :-)Deborah

Guest guest

Yeah, I know--T/R is subject to digestive efficiency. And on 10mcg, it

seemed to be gone in 6 hours, but 25mcg doesn't seem to be doing

anything at all. That's weird. It shouldn't be that hard to break down

a gelatin capsule, I wouldn't think--and why for the second bottle but

not the first?

Since 1grain Armour is 38-T4 and 9-T3, and 1-T3 is approximately equal

to 4-T4, 1 grain of Armour would be the approximate equivalent of

74mcg-T4, so 10 mcg. T3 would be less than 1/2 grain Armour, and 25 mgc.

T3 would be about 1-1/3 grain.

The way the theory goes, flooding the system with pure T3 is supposed to

clear out rT3 from the cell receptors. I had it tested (along with LOTS

of other stuff--35 vials worth!), but the results aren't back yet. He

prescribed based on symptoms and the fact that he sees high rT3 quite

often. It makes some kind of sense to me that it should do that, which

is why I agreed to give it a shot.

I've been increasing my Armour based on symptoms and time for several

months now, but this has added more complication than I anticipated.

Now I have to go PURELY on symptoms, and pay CLOSE attention to my

body. I started sneezing more in the last week, but silly me attributed

it to the season when it's always been worst, instead of realizing that

it was related to lowering my thyroid dose. I wonder if T1 & T2 play

more of a role in allergies than we think? But my temp has dropped back

down, too.

Thanks for the thoughts! Doctors are OFTEN wrong, as we all know only

too well. Isn't that why we're here? :-)

Deborah

kats3boys wrote:

> Although the therory behind T/R works well some people are unable to

> break down the coating on the tablet for the body to use it..me I

> avoid T/R becasue my body breaks it down immediately.

>

> One thing to think about too is if you are taking 10mcg of T/R that

> is equivlant to one grain of Armour..25 mcg is equal to 2 1/2 grains

> so if you were to reduce accordingly your Armour based on T/R T3 you

> need to realize Armour is not T/R..so you need to cut out the amount

> equally for all daily doses..although I am not sure how replacing

> natural T3 with Synthetic T3 lowers the reverse T3?

>

> Has your doctor done full testing on Free T3 and reverse T3 and Total

> T3 to determine this is your problem and has he explained how it

> would work and what effect it would have on your body?

> Not trying to sound like your doctor is wrong..just something new I

> would like to hear more about?

Guest guest

not the first?

down, too.

Deborah

kats3boys wrote:

>

>

Guest guest

not the first?

down, too.

Deborah

kats3boys wrote:

>

>

Guest guest

Okay, here goes:

+ I take a food-source multiple with 100mcg selenium--maybe I need to

eat more nuts, too?

+ I try to eat small, high-protein meals every couple of hours--this

doesn't seem to have much effect on my energy level, but it has

contributed to weight loss--I guess my adrenals are happy to be less

stressed

+ I don't drink pop, but I probably do get more HFCS than I should--it's

everywhere!!!!

+ This doc has me on several mitochondrial boosters--herbal &

nutritional, so that SHOULD be helping with blood energy levels

+ lower dose of thyroid-s of course lowers my T4 level

I'm thinking that my conversion is on the lousy side, the other thyroid

hormones in natural thyroid have more effect than anyone knows, at least

for me, and this dose of T3 is not being properly utilized--or

functioning SOLELY to clear out rT3 & thus not being used? Tomorrow is

the last day on this dose, then it'll be increased again. This is an

interesting journey, anyway!

Deborah

topper2@... wrote:

> If you don't have enough T4 in your tissues for conversion, you can't

> convert enough for your body's use.

> If you don't have enough selenium in your system to allow for

> conversion, you can't convert.

> If your blood energy levels aren't sufficient for conversion, you

> can't convert.

> If you are consuming things like High Fructose Corn Syrup that inhibit

> conversion, you won't be converting enough for your system.

>

> There may be other factors, but that's what is hitting me this

> morning.... Do you eat small, frequent meals (mini meals)? That takes

> care of the energy factor. Do you take Selenium, most of us don't get

> sufficient amounts in our diets anymore, it has to do with commercial

> farming and the soil being deficient in it now days. If you are eating

> or drinking things with HFCS, soda, some cereals, all kinds of things,

> it can be messing up your conversion.

>

> Now, this isn't to say that your body isn't just plain a lousy

> converter, mine is. All kinds of theories for what causes some to not

> convert well.... but for those of us that can't, or for the few that

> produce rT3 instead. We have to be more creative to get our bodies

> what they need to function.

Guest guest

Okay, here goes:

+ I take a food-source multiple with 100mcg selenium--maybe I need to

eat more nuts, too?

+ I try to eat small, high-protein meals every couple of hours--this

doesn't seem to have much effect on my energy level, but it has

contributed to weight loss--I guess my adrenals are happy to be less

stressed

+ I don't drink pop, but I probably do get more HFCS than I should--it's

everywhere!!!!

+ This doc has me on several mitochondrial boosters--herbal &

nutritional, so that SHOULD be helping with blood energy levels

+ lower dose of thyroid-s of course lowers my T4 level

I'm thinking that my conversion is on the lousy side, the other thyroid

hormones in natural thyroid have more effect than anyone knows, at least

for me, and this dose of T3 is not being properly utilized--or

functioning SOLELY to clear out rT3 & thus not being used? Tomorrow is

the last day on this dose, then it'll be increased again. This is an

interesting journey, anyway!

Deborah

topper2@... wrote:

> If you don't have enough T4 in your tissues for conversion, you can't

> convert enough for your body's use.

> If you don't have enough selenium in your system to allow for

> conversion, you can't convert.

> If your blood energy levels aren't sufficient for conversion, you

> can't convert.

> If you are consuming things like High Fructose Corn Syrup that inhibit

> conversion, you won't be converting enough for your system.

>

> There may be other factors, but that's what is hitting me this

> morning.... Do you eat small, frequent meals (mini meals)? That takes

> care of the energy factor. Do you take Selenium, most of us don't get

> sufficient amounts in our diets anymore, it has to do with commercial

> farming and the soil being deficient in it now days. If you are eating

> or drinking things with HFCS, soda, some cereals, all kinds of things,

> it can be messing up your conversion.

>

> Now, this isn't to say that your body isn't just plain a lousy

> converter, mine is. All kinds of theories for what causes some to not

> convert well.... but for those of us that can't, or for the few that

> produce rT3 instead. We have to be more creative to get our bodies

> what they need to function.

Guest guest

Can't say what it is for sure, but allergy reactions have their own brand of

tiredness and malaise too. Allergies are known to cause brain fog,

sleepiness, and the like. Then again, you COULD need more thyroid, but I'd

still test for a ball park figure, as you're really not that sure what

you're dealing with here. The allergies hammering on your adrenal glands,

maybe?

Strangeness: Armour + compounded TR T3

> Okay, here's a question that maybe someone has an answer to or opinion on:

>

> The doc I saw last month has me taking time-released T3, to clear out

> the rT3, under the assumption that I have a bit--test results aren't

> back yet. I was expecting to need to lower my dose of Armour

> appropriate to the amount of T3, and I did for the first bottle (10mcg),

> but have found that not to be the case, clearly, with the second bottle

> (25mcg). Early in the week, I added Armour as I felt the

> need--basically, when a case of the " sleepies " would overtake me, but

> trying to keep the " extra " at a minimum.

>

> I had a terrible hay-fever attack yesterday--sneezed my way through 1/2

> of a large box of Puffs & felt the usual allergy yucks. Knowing that

> allergies are a hypo symptom for me (got LOTS better after starting

> Armour), I increased my Armour even more--I was on 3-1/2 grain to start

> with a little over 2 weeks ago & thought I was about optimized--and took

> 4 or 4-1/4 grains yesterday to try to fight off the allergy with NO

> hyper symptoms at all. I'm not sneezing so badly today, but still feel

> " down " from it & I REALLY don't want the cold that often follows, so I

> also took about 5,000mg vitamin C yesterday & more today, plus drinking

> LOTS of water.

>

> I was thinking that I'd need less Armour while on the T3, and maybe less

> than before after finishing the course (10 days each at 10, 25, and 37.5

> mcg followed by 30 days on 50mcg), but at least right now I'm needing

> MORE! I can think of a few possible reasons for this:

>

> 1. I'm not absorbing the T3 properly, which seems possible. On the

> 10mcg. it seemed to all get used up within 6 hours of taking it; on

> 25mcg I can't hardly tell I've taken it at all.

> 2. They mixed up the bottles at the pharmacy

> 3. I was farther from optimized than I thought, and clearing out rT3 is

> allowing me to use the Armour that I take, without extra floating around

> causing hyper symptoms.

> 4. My fT4 is already dropping and I was converting some, so I need

> nearly my full Armour dose PLUS the T3 to maintain.

>

> Does anyone have any idea which is the most likely, or if there's

> something else I'm not thinking of?

>

> Thanks!

> Deborah

Guest guest

Personally, I'd kick up your selenium. You can safely take up to 400 mcg per day. Taking 600 mcg a day for more than 2 weeks can become toxic and potentially fatal. I'm on 400 per day and have been for a couple of years.

I have 200 that comes in my multi and take an additional 200 that I get from Puritan's Pride, the cheapest source that I found the last time I had to order, that sale ends tomorrow, the 7th, by the way.

I choose to multi-dose my vitamins. I split the multis and the selenium and take them with four of my daily mini meals. My theory is that since our bodies don't handle lots of effort at a time that maybe spreading out supplements allows the body extra chances to pick up the nutrition from them.

Selenium and vitamin C, when taken at the same time, must be taken with food... it's a whole chemistry thing... where C mostly increases absorption of most other things, it binds with selenium.

Let's see what the new dose does before you make any changes, not a good idea to have too many variables in the mix at one time, you don't know what it is that you did that helped.

Topper ()

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 09:58:41 -0400 Deborah Jacques writes:

Okay, here goes:+ I take a food-source multiple with 100mcg selenium--maybe I need to eat more nuts, too?+ I try to eat small, high-protein meals every couple of hours--this doesn't seem to have much effect on my energy level, but it has contributed to weight loss--I guess my adrenals are happy to be less stressed+ I don't drink pop, but I probably do get more HFCS than I should--it's everywhere!!!!+ This doc has me on several mitochondrial boosters--herbal & nutritional, so that SHOULD be helping with blood energy levels+ lower dose of thyroid-s of course lowers my T4 levelI'm thinking that my conversion is on the lousy side, the other thyroid hormones in natural thyroid have more effect than anyone knows, at least for me, and this dose of T3 is not being properly utilized--or functioning SOLELY to clear out rT3 & thus not being used? Tomorrow is the last day on this dose, then it'll be increased again. This is an interesting journey, anyway!Deborah

Guest guest

Personally, I'd kick up your selenium. You can safely take up to 400 mcg per day. Taking 600 mcg a day for more than 2 weeks can become toxic and potentially fatal. I'm on 400 per day and have been for a couple of years.

I have 200 that comes in my multi and take an additional 200 that I get from Puritan's Pride, the cheapest source that I found the last time I had to order, that sale ends tomorrow, the 7th, by the way.

I choose to multi-dose my vitamins. I split the multis and the selenium and take them with four of my daily mini meals. My theory is that since our bodies don't handle lots of effort at a time that maybe spreading out supplements allows the body extra chances to pick up the nutrition from them.

Selenium and vitamin C, when taken at the same time, must be taken with food... it's a whole chemistry thing... where C mostly increases absorption of most other things, it binds with selenium.

Let's see what the new dose does before you make any changes, not a good idea to have too many variables in the mix at one time, you don't know what it is that you did that helped.

Topper ()

Okay, here goes:+ I take a food-source multiple with 100mcg selenium--maybe I need to eat more nuts, too?+ I try to eat small, high-protein meals every couple of hours--this doesn't seem to have much effect on my energy level, but it has contributed to weight loss--I guess my adrenals are happy to be less stressed+ I don't drink pop, but I probably do get more HFCS than I should--it's everywhere!!!!+ This doc has me on several mitochondrial boosters--herbal & nutritional, so that SHOULD be helping with blood energy levels+ lower dose of thyroid-s of course lowers my T4 levelI'm thinking that my conversion is on the lousy side, the other thyroid hormones in natural thyroid have more effect than anyone knows, at least for me, and this dose of T3 is not being properly utilized--or functioning SOLELY to clear out rT3 & thus not being used? Tomorrow is the last day on this dose, then it'll be increased again. This is an interesting journey, anyway!Deborah

Guest guest

Topper ()

Guest guest

Hi Deborah --

Hmmm, that is very confusing. I do have one thought

though. Although I have had an ok experience with

compounded TR T3, I have read that Dr Lowe's

experience with TR T3 is like yours -- that he and his

patients hardly felt anything at all and he wonders if

there is anything really in it. He also says that

because it releases small amounts of the T3 throughout

the day, it fails to fill up the receptors and create

waves of an affect, like plain T3 does. Since you have

responded well to Armour which contains plain T3,

maybe you need to add more plain T3 like cytomel. Also

if you get your free's tested than we'll be able to

see how your levels are and if you need more T4 as

well. Or it could be the particular compounding

pharmacy. My doctor uses Belmar pharmacy and I've felt

the effects of the TR T3 (but I'm a strange case and

probably best to not be compared to : ) ...). Also,

although the affects of T3 are said to be felt right

away, I personally believe that it takes some time ...

let us know if you figure anything out!

Marlena

--- Deborah Jacques wrote:

> Okay, here's a question that maybe someone has an

> answer to or opinion on:

>

> The doc I saw last month has me taking time-released

> T3, to clear out

> the rT3, under the assumption that I have a

> bit--test results aren't

> back yet. I was expecting to need to lower my dose

> of Armour

> appropriate to the amount of T3, and I did for the

> first bottle (10mcg),

> but have found that not to be the case, clearly,

> with the second bottle

> (25mcg). Early in the week, I added Armour as I

> felt the

> need--basically, when a case of the " sleepies " would

> overtake me, but

>

> I had a terrible hay-fever attack yesterday--sneezed

> my way through 1/2

> of a large box of Puffs & felt the usual allergy

> yucks. Knowing that

> allergies are a hypo symptom for me (got LOTS better

> after starting

> Armour), I increased my Armour even more--I was on

> 3-1/2 grain to start

> with a little over 2 weeks ago & thought I was about

> optimized--and took

> 4 or 4-1/4 grains yesterday to try to fight off the

> allergy with NO

> hyper symptoms at all. I'm not sneezing so badly

> today, but still feel

> " down " from it & I REALLY don't want the cold that

> often follows, so I

> also took about 5,000mg vitamin C yesterday & more

> today, plus drinking

> LOTS of water.

>

> I was thinking that I'd need less Armour while on

> the T3, and maybe less

> than before after finishing the course (10 days each

> at 10, 25, and 37.5

> mcg followed by 30 days on 50mcg), but at least

> right now I'm needing

> MORE! I can think of a few possible reasons for

> this:

>

> 1. I'm not absorbing the T3 properly, which seems

> possible. On the

> 10mcg. it seemed to all get used up within 6 hours

> of taking it; on

> 3. I was farther from optimized than I thought, and

> clearing out rT3 is

> allowing me to use the Armour that I take, without

> extra floating around

> 4. My fT4 is already dropping and I was converting

> some, so I need

>

> Does anyone have any idea which is the most likely,

> or if there's

>

> Thanks!

> Deborah

>

>

Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

http://store.yahoo.com/redcross-donate3/

Guest guest

Hi Deborah --

Marlena

>

> T3, to clear out

> of Armour

> first bottle (10mcg),

> with the second bottle

> felt the

> overtake me, but

>

> my way through 1/2

> yucks. Knowing that

> after starting

> 3-1/2 grain to start

> optimized--and took

> allergy with NO

> today, but still feel

> often follows, so I

> today, plus drinking

> LOTS of water.

>

> the T3, and maybe less

> at 10, 25, and 37.5

> right now I'm needing

> this:

>

> possible. On the

> of taking it; on

> clearing out rT3 is

> extra floating around

> some, so I need

>

> or if there's

>

> Thanks!

> Deborah

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Deborah --

Marlena

>

> T3, to clear out

> of Armour

> first bottle (10mcg),

> with the second bottle

> felt the

> overtake me, but

>

> my way through 1/2

> yucks. Knowing that

> after starting

> 3-1/2 grain to start

> optimized--and took

> allergy with NO

> today, but still feel

> often follows, so I

> today, plus drinking

> LOTS of water.

>

> the T3, and maybe less

> at 10, 25, and 37.5

> right now I'm needing

> this:

>

> possible. On the

> of taking it; on

> clearing out rT3 is

> extra floating around

> some, so I need

>

> or if there's

>

> Thanks!

> Deborah

>

>

Guest guest

Ok, sorry to create more debate, but I just have to

add one thing here! I'm not speaking as an authority

on the subject -- just something that I've read about

and heard from Dr Lowe ... From my understanding, it's

not the conversion that people are dependent on after

one dose of T3, but supposedly it fills up the

receptor sites and creates waves of reaction

throughout the body, not conversion -- because this is

referring to people who take plain T3 only without any

T4. They don't have T4 to be converted ... Of course I

completely understand that this doesn't work for some

people -- as you have mentioned many times Topper, and

I wholeheartedly believe that! But apparently, for

others, taking one dose of plain T3 (without any T4)

does the trick for them. And these are severely

hypometabolic people who get cured this way! Just

wanted to add another perspective : )

Marlena

--- topper2@... wrote:

> There are a few things floating around in my head..

> the first question

>

> When you take direct T3, ummmmm how to word this so

> we don't get back

> into a debate again.... when you take T3 the med

> that you've taken is out

> of your blood and used up either in the T3 receptors

> or passed from your

> body in about 4 hours of taking it. This has NOTHING

> to do with the half

> life of the T3, it has to do with the med and how

> the body uses it. So,

> for some of us that are having trouble with

> conversion we need to take

> smaller doses spread out throughout the day... I

> pretty much have to dose

> every three hours or I get the sleepies.

>

> Some folks do best taking it in one dose, filling

> their receptors and

> then the conversion kicks in.... then folks, like

> me, can't do it that

> way, we need to dose more than once a day, in

> smaller amounts.

>

> Once the med is used up you are dependent on your

> conversion. If you

> aren't converting the T4 in your tissues to T3,

> you'll 'crash'.. I wonder

> if that might be what is happening to you....?

>

> Topper ()

>

> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:58:35 -0400 Deborah Jacques

>

> writes:

> answer to or opinion

> on:

>

> T3, to clear out

> of Armour

> first bottle (10mcg),

> with the second bottle

> felt the

> overtake me, but

>

> my way through 1/2

> yucks. Knowing that

> after starting

> 3-1/2 grain to start

> optimized--and took

> allergy with NO

> today, but still feel

> often follows, so I

> today, plus drinking

> LOTS of water.

>

> the T3, and maybe less

> at 10, 25, and 37.5

> right now I'm needing

> this:

>

> possible. On the

> of taking it; on

> clearing out rT3 is

> extra floating around

> some, so I need

>

> or if there's

>

> Thanks!

> Deborah

Guest guest

Marlena

--- topper2@... wrote:

> the first question

>

> we don't get back

> or passed from your

> to do with the half

> the body uses it. So,

>

> their receptors and

> me, can't do it that

> smaller amounts.

>

> conversion. If you

>

> Topper ()

>

>

> writes:

> answer to or opinion

> on:

>

> T3, to clear out

> of Armour

> first bottle (10mcg),

> with the second bottle

> felt the

> overtake me, but

>

> my way through 1/2

> yucks. Knowing that

> after starting

> 3-1/2 grain to start

> optimized--and took

> allergy with NO

> today, but still feel

> often follows, so I

> today, plus drinking

> LOTS of water.

>

> the T3, and maybe less

> at 10, 25, and 37.5

> right now I'm needing

> this:

>

> possible. On the

> of taking it; on

> clearing out rT3 is

> extra floating around

> some, so I need

>

> or if there's

>

> Thanks!

> Deborah

Guest guest

Marlena

--- topper2@... wrote:

> the first question

>

> we don't get back

> or passed from your

> to do with the half

> the body uses it. So,

>

> their receptors and

> me, can't do it that

> smaller amounts.

>

> conversion. If you

>

> Topper ()

>

>

> writes:

> answer to or opinion

> on:

>

> T3, to clear out

> of Armour

> first bottle (10mcg),

> with the second bottle

> felt the

> overtake me, but

>

> my way through 1/2

> yucks. Knowing that

> after starting

> 3-1/2 grain to start

> optimized--and took

> allergy with NO

> today, but still feel

> often follows, so I

> today, plus drinking

> LOTS of water.

>

> the T3, and maybe less

> at 10, 25, and 37.5

> right now I'm needing

> this:

>

> possible. On the

> of taking it; on

> clearing out rT3 is

> extra floating around

> some, so I need

>

> or if there's

>

> Thanks!

> Deborah