RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: OT silliness.... Major weather shows around the world..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, Dan!

I am with you! I have live in CA since 1961 on and off. I keep

coming back here no matter where else I have been.... We lived on the

island of Guam for nearly five years and had quakes there that make CA

quakes seem tame... When the nnas trench starts moving, everything

moves! The first one I experienced over there took our VW square back from

the parking spot on the street and moved it onto our lawn. Whew! The

houses are all " typhoon proof " which means that they are cinder block with

lots of re bar in them to withstand the winds. The windows all got taped

and the drapes closed during the typhoons... Scary, but still not as bad

as the quakes out there.

Hubby and I own an over-the-road truck. We were in the midwest in

May when the severe storms were coming through. For me, there was nothing

more terrifying than watching one of those funnels set down and move toward

you when there was nowhere you can go. The truck weighed 78,000 lbs and

that darned funnel would have just blown it away as it if was nothing. We

have seen them in AZ and CA, but never got close enough for one to throw

stuff at us! That was terrifying! It won't stop me from going out on the

truck again, but it did cause me to do some needed paperwork when I got

home. New wills, emergency notification documents, " Our Final Wishes "

letters, etc. Not worried about death, just what is going to happen to our

stuff.

Dianne

At 12:30 PM 6/21/05, you wrote:

>This is a very strange place.

>.................dan

>(who likes California quakes much better than Midwest " severe weather " )

Guest guest

Hi, Dan!

I am with you! I have live in CA since 1961 on and off. I keep

coming back here no matter where else I have been.... We lived on the

island of Guam for nearly five years and had quakes there that make CA

quakes seem tame... When the nnas trench starts moving, everything

moves! The first one I experienced over there took our VW square back from

the parking spot on the street and moved it onto our lawn. Whew! The

houses are all " typhoon proof " which means that they are cinder block with

lots of re bar in them to withstand the winds. The windows all got taped

and the drapes closed during the typhoons... Scary, but still not as bad

as the quakes out there.

Hubby and I own an over-the-road truck. We were in the midwest in

May when the severe storms were coming through. For me, there was nothing

more terrifying than watching one of those funnels set down and move toward

you when there was nowhere you can go. The truck weighed 78,000 lbs and

that darned funnel would have just blown it away as it if was nothing. We

have seen them in AZ and CA, but never got close enough for one to throw

stuff at us! That was terrifying! It won't stop me from going out on the

truck again, but it did cause me to do some needed paperwork when I got

home. New wills, emergency notification documents, " Our Final Wishes "

letters, etc. Not worried about death, just what is going to happen to our

stuff.

Dianne

At 12:30 PM 6/21/05, you wrote:

>This is a very strange place.

>.................dan

>(who likes California quakes much better than Midwest " severe weather " )

Guest guest

Ewooooohhhh, too hot for me!! Baking down here on the Tx Gulf Coast.

Re: OT silliness.... Major weather

shows around the world..

>

>

> --- wrote:

>

> > Oh what I would give for 32 degrees!

> >

> >

>

> Not the 32 degrees is talking about. She's

> talking about 32 degrees centigrade, not farenheit.

>

>

> Kathy >^,,^<

Guest guest

shows around the world..

>

>

> --- wrote:

>

> >

> >

>

>

>

> Kathy >^,,^<

Guest guest

shows around the world..

>

>

> --- wrote:

>

> >

> >

>

>

>

> Kathy >^,,^<

Guest guest

Yes I did mean 32 degrees centigrade. Sorry I forget

which units of measurement we share.

Well over the last year I've read Topper's posts

referring to her intolerance of heat and really

wondered. The weather has never been too hot for me...

until this week.

Today I had to attend a course for art teachers. The

day didn't start well, I was caught up in a traffic

tail back and my stationary car got very very hot. The

studio we worked in had huge glass windows on all

sides. I have never ever felt so hot! During the

afternoon I was certain that my hearing was failing,

then the thinking part of me began to shut off.

On the way home this evening I had to stop off at a

supermarket to walk around in the air conditioned

chill, just so that I could come alive again in order

to drive home!

Tonight it is raining and the heat wave has ended. I

never thought I'd ever be glad to see the end of hot

weather. My goodness! Perhaps this is a sign that my

thyroid dose is getting close to optimal levels?

--- wrote:

> Ewooooohhhh, too hot for me!! Baking down here on

> the Tx Gulf Coast.

>

>

>

> Re: OT

> silliness.... Major weather

> shows around the world..

>

>

> >

> >

> > --- wrote:

> >

> > > Oh what I would give for 32 degrees!

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Not the 32 degrees is talking about.

> She's

> > talking about 32 degrees centigrade, not

> farenheit.

> >

> >

> > Kathy >^,,^<

>

>

>

Discover Yahoo!

Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out!

http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

Guest guest

Yes I did mean 32 degrees centigrade. Sorry I forget

which units of measurement we share.

Well over the last year I've read Topper's posts

referring to her intolerance of heat and really

wondered. The weather has never been too hot for me...

until this week.

Today I had to attend a course for art teachers. The

day didn't start well, I was caught up in a traffic

tail back and my stationary car got very very hot. The

studio we worked in had huge glass windows on all

sides. I have never ever felt so hot! During the

afternoon I was certain that my hearing was failing,

then the thinking part of me began to shut off.

On the way home this evening I had to stop off at a

supermarket to walk around in the air conditioned

chill, just so that I could come alive again in order

to drive home!

Tonight it is raining and the heat wave has ended. I

never thought I'd ever be glad to see the end of hot

weather. My goodness! Perhaps this is a sign that my

thyroid dose is getting close to optimal levels?

--- wrote:

> Ewooooohhhh, too hot for me!! Baking down here on

> the Tx Gulf Coast.

>

>

>

> Re: OT

> silliness.... Major weather

> shows around the world..

>

>

> >

> >

> > --- wrote:

> >

> > > Oh what I would give for 32 degrees!

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Not the 32 degrees is talking about.

> She's

> > talking about 32 degrees centigrade, not

> farenheit.

> >

> >

> > Kathy >^,,^<

>

>

>

Discover Yahoo!

Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out!

http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

Guest guest

Last I checked, it was 96 degrees fahrenheit here in Chicago. No serious rain in sight. In fact, the weather experts are using the word "drought." Apparently, these conditions are as bad as they were during the Dust Bowl. It's making us a little nervous here in the Midwest/Great Lakes area.

Strange beginning to our summer--

Stay cool as best you can,

Caroline

wrote:

Yes I did mean 32 degrees centigrade. Sorry I forgetwhich units of measurement we share.Well over the last year I've read Topper's postsreferring to her intolerance of heat and reallywondered. The weather has never been too hot for me...until this week.Today I had to attend a course for art teachers. Theday didn't start well, I was caught up in a traffictail back and my stationary car got very very hot. Thestudio we worked in had huge glass windows on allsides. I have never ever felt so hot! During theafternoon I was certain that my hearing was failing,then the thinking part of me began to shut off.On the way home this evening I had to stop off at asupermarket to walk around in the air conditionedchill, just so that I could come alive again in orderto drive home!Tonight it is raining and the heat wave has ended.

Inever thought I'd ever be glad to see the end of hotweather. My goodness! Perhaps this is a sign that mythyroid dose is getting close to optimal levels?--- wrote:> Ewooooohhhh, too hot for me!! Baking down here on> the Tx Gulf Coast.> > > > Re: OT> silliness.... Major weather> shows around the world..> > > >> >> > --- wrote:> >> > > Oh what I would give for 32 degrees!> > > > > >> >> > Not the 32 degrees is talking about. >

She's> > talking about 32 degrees centigrade, not> farenheit.> >> >> > Kathy >^,,^<> > > __________________________________ Discover Yahoo! Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out! http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

Guest guest

Hi Carolynm

I am with you on that as I live in the Great Lakes [Erie] area and at 5 am it is 20/68 not including humidity which could be adding up to another 8/10. Early next week it is due to be 40-42 [104-109] with humidex. Not good and little rain and now we have to deal with bad air as well as heat and humidity. Toronto and the other major towns are opening up cooling centres so that those with no a/c of any kind can go for a few hours. We are lucky that our governments [for a change] took note and did something after the heat disaster in Chicago a few years ago when people were dieing in their apartments from the intense heat. Good luck Carolyn and hope it ends soon

DawnCarolyn Aguila wrote:

Last I checked, it was 96 degrees fahrenheit here in Chicago. No serious rain in sight. In fact, the weather experts are using the word "drought." Apparently, these conditions are as bad as they were during the Dust Bowl. It's making us a little nervous here in the Midwest/Great Lakes area.

Caroline

wrote:

Yes I did mean 32 degrees centigrade. Sorry I forgetwhich units of measurement we share.Well over the last year I've read Topper's postsreferring to her intolerance of heat and reallywondered. The weather has never been too hot for me...until this week.Today I had to attend a course for art teachers. Theday didn't start well, I was caught up in a traffictail back and my stationary car got very very hot. Thestudio we worked in had huge glass windows on allsides. I have never ever felt so hot! During theafternoon I was certain that my hearing was failing,then the thinking part of me began to shut off.On the way home this evening I had to stop off at asupermarket to walk around in the air conditionedchill, just so that I could come alive again in orderto drive home!Tonight it is raining and the heat wave has ended.

Inever thought I'd ever be glad to see the end of hotweather. My goodness! Perhaps this is a sign that mythyroid dose is getting close to optimal levels?--- wrote:> Ewooooohhhh, too hot for me!! Baking down here on> the Tx Gulf Coast.> > > > Re: OT> silliness.... Major weather> shows around the world..> > > >> >> > --- wrote:> >> > > Oh what I would give for 32 degrees!> > > > > >> >> > Not the 32 degrees is talking about. >

She's> > talking about 32 degrees centigrade, not> farenheit.> >> >> > Kathy >^,,^<> > > __________________________________ Discover Yahoo! Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out! http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi Carolynm

I am with you on that as I live in the Great Lakes [Erie] area and at 5 am it is 20/68 not including humidity which could be adding up to another 8/10. Early next week it is due to be 40-42 [104-109] with humidex. Not good and little rain and now we have to deal with bad air as well as heat and humidity. Toronto and the other major towns are opening up cooling centres so that those with no a/c of any kind can go for a few hours. We are lucky that our governments [for a change] took note and did something after the heat disaster in Chicago a few years ago when people were dieing in their apartments from the intense heat. Good luck Carolyn and hope it ends soon

Caroline

wrote:

She's> > talking about 32 degrees centigrade, not> farenheit.> >> >> > Kathy >^,,^<> > > __________________________________ Discover Yahoo! Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out! http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi Carolynm

Caroline

wrote:

Guest guest

The heat is no party, but the humidity is just oppressive...it's like breathing cotton. I'm glad that others learned from our tragedy. Now, if someone needs heating/cooling, the Chicago city agencies will pick you up, and take you to the heating and cooling centers in the neighborhoods.

I'd really like to go biking, but its way too hot, and I'm still dealing with balancing my meds. Better to do tai chi in air conditioning. It does feel great to be able to exercise, though!

Take care,

Caroline

dawn prince wrote:

Hi Carolynm

Caroline

wrote:

She's> > talking about 32 degrees centigrade, not> farenheit.> >> >> > Kathy >^,,^<> > > __________________________________ Discover Yahoo! Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out! http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

Guest guest

The heat is no party, but the humidity is just oppressive...it's like breathing cotton. I'm glad that others learned from our tragedy. Now, if someone needs heating/cooling, the Chicago city agencies will pick you up, and take you to the heating and cooling centers in the neighborhoods.

I'd really like to go biking, but its way too hot, and I'm still dealing with balancing my meds. Better to do tai chi in air conditioning. It does feel great to be able to exercise, though!

Take care,

Caroline

dawn prince wrote:

Hi Carolynm

Caroline

wrote:

Guest guest

Take care,

Caroline

dawn prince wrote:

Hi Carolynm

Caroline

wrote: