Pierre

lab results

> I posted this at the cafe, but I was wondering if it is OK to post

> here, too? Pierre? Is this list for those who have been definitely

> dx'ed with IgAN? If so, please just let me know and I will go back

> to lurking.

>

> I just called my doc to see what lab results were and I was pleased

> to see that my creatinine did indeed go down from 1.7 to 0.8.

> Sounds like that one last month may have been an error? Here are

> the results:

>

> Creatinine 0.8

> BUN 18

>

> 24 hour urine:

>

> Creatinine clearance 142

> Protein 246

>

> She said that the cr. clearance was a little high, but I thought it

> was only an issue if it was low?! Also, is that enough protein

> to " worry about " ? Any thoughts on whether you think he will want to

> do a kidney biopsy with these results, considering the recurring

> microscopic hematuria and HBP?

>

> Thanks!

> Ramona

>

Guest guest

Hi Ramona.

You can post here or in the Cafe, wherever you want. We have a lot more

members on the email group though.

It sounds like you don't have much of any renal failure at all. Whatever you

have seems to be pretty mild.

Pierre

lab results

> I posted this at the cafe, but I was wondering if it is OK to post

> here, too? Pierre? Is this list for those who have been definitely

> dx'ed with IgAN? If so, please just let me know and I will go back

> to lurking.

>

> I just called my doc to see what lab results were and I was pleased

> to see that my creatinine did indeed go down from 1.7 to 0.8.

> Sounds like that one last month may have been an error? Here are

> the results:

>

> Creatinine 0.8

> BUN 18

>

> 24 hour urine:

>

> Creatinine clearance 142

> Protein 246

>

> She said that the cr. clearance was a little high, but I thought it

> was only an issue if it was low?! Also, is that enough protein

> to " worry about " ? Any thoughts on whether you think he will want to

> do a kidney biopsy with these results, considering the recurring

> microscopic hematuria and HBP?

>

> Thanks!

> Ramona

>

Guest guest

Hi Ramona,

You don't have to be a lurker! Join in during any conversation, at any

time. We're glad that you're here and we want you to feel welcome. I

think that your labs look great. It is nice to be at 0.8 instead of 1.7 any

day! You will find that even with using the same lab, there can be a

variance in your numbers. I try not to get overly nervous unless the number

is greater than .2 or so. But when a person jumps into the next whole

number and stays there, now that makes me cringe.

Welcome to the board.

Connie

lab results

I posted this at the cafe, but I was wondering if it is OK to post

here, too? Pierre? Is this list for those who have been definitely

dx'ed with IgAN? If so, please just let me know and I will go back

to lurking.

I just called my doc to see what lab results were and I was pleased

to see that my creatinine did indeed go down from 1.7 to 0.8.

Sounds like that one last month may have been an error? Here are

the results:

Creatinine 0.8

BUN 18

24 hour urine:

Creatinine clearance 142

Protein 246

She said that the cr. clearance was a little high, but I thought it

was only an issue if it was low?! Also, is that enough protein

to " worry about " ? Any thoughts on whether you think he will want to

do a kidney biopsy with these results, considering the recurring

microscopic hematuria and HBP?

Thanks!

Ramona

To edit your settings for the group, go to our Yahoo Group

home page:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iga-nephropathy/

To unsubcribe via email,

iga-nephropathy-unsubscribe

Visit our companion website at www.igan.ca. The site is entirely supported

by donations. If you would like to help, go to:

http://www.igan.ca/id62.htm

Thank you

Guest guest

Hi Ramona,

Welcome to the board.

Connie

lab results

to lurking.

the results:

Creatinine 0.8

BUN 18

24 hour urine:

Creatinine clearance 142

Protein 246

Thanks!

Ramona

home page:

To unsubcribe via email,

Thank you

Guest guest

Hi Ramona,

Welcome to the board.

Connie

lab results

to lurking.

the results:

Creatinine 0.8

BUN 18

24 hour urine:

Creatinine clearance 142

Protein 246

Thanks!

Ramona

home page:

To unsubcribe via email,

Thank you

Guest guest

My husbands lab results-

This is his second set of results since being diagnosed with Hyperthyroid-Graves Disease in Nov last year. I'm going to call today and try to get them all. With these results the doc had him decrease Methimazole to 5Mg/day from 10. I'll get his original labs and then we can see more what is happening. Doc's note says he is now Hypo.

Lab on 1-7-04

T-4, FREE- .6L

TSH- 2.37

T3, FREE- 215L

Then I have a note from 3-7-05 saying TSH level is back down - increase methimazole to 10 MG/day.

He is see-sawing back and forth and right now feels like he has NO energy. He doesn't know if he should take 5 or 10 - last time he asked the doc they had him take less again.

Also - do you get a funny feeling in your throat when you have Graves Disease? He has allergies too, but keep talking about how his throat feels. (He has no swelling around the thyroid.)

You guys that have this disease - I feel for you -

Re: Need Help

Hi Jane,

Do you have the test results that you could post here so that the girls can take a look and give more informed help for you. Get your husband to ask the doc for all the results from the first diagnosis. I am sure that it is very disturbing seeing how this is affecting him but there are answers and if you could also give the reason that things went awry it would be helpful. The more info that you give to us the better we can see what you need. Not sure that I have seen you here before if I missed I am sorry if not WELCOME to the online clinic of thyroid patients that learn from each others symptoms and experiences. Waiting for the lab results to better help you

Dawn

hanenhark wrote:

My husband has Hyperthyroid and there are only 2 doctors handling thyroid problems in Oklahoma City. So feedback is virtually too late. He's on Methimazole and Propranolol for the heart pounding. He goes through strange stages with this disease....how can I help him? Tests showed he went into Hypo - then they had him take less medicine....then into hyper----- is this how it works? Can there be a balance of the medicine that will control this disease? He is going into jags of really energetic phases, then another time he feels like he cannot move and is extremely tired. Does anyone have any suggestions - or is this it? Any input would be appreciated. Jane Cunningham

Guest guest

My husbands lab results-

This is his second set of results since being diagnosed with Hyperthyroid-Graves Disease in Nov last year. I'm going to call today and try to get them all. With these results the doc had him decrease Methimazole to 5Mg/day from 10. I'll get his original labs and then we can see more what is happening. Doc's note says he is now Hypo.

Lab on 1-7-04

T-4, FREE- .6L

TSH- 2.37

T3, FREE- 215L

Then I have a note from 3-7-05 saying TSH level is back down - increase methimazole to 10 MG/day.

He is see-sawing back and forth and right now feels like he has NO energy. He doesn't know if he should take 5 or 10 - last time he asked the doc they had him take less again.

Also - do you get a funny feeling in your throat when you have Graves Disease? He has allergies too, but keep talking about how his throat feels. (He has no swelling around the thyroid.)

You guys that have this disease - I feel for you -

Re: Need Help

Hi Jane,

Do you have the test results that you could post here so that the girls can take a look and give more informed help for you. Get your husband to ask the doc for all the results from the first diagnosis. I am sure that it is very disturbing seeing how this is affecting him but there are answers and if you could also give the reason that things went awry it would be helpful. The more info that you give to us the better we can see what you need. Not sure that I have seen you here before if I missed I am sorry if not WELCOME to the online clinic of thyroid patients that learn from each others symptoms and experiences. Waiting for the lab results to better help you

Dawn

hanenhark wrote:

My husband has Hyperthyroid and there are only 2 doctors handling thyroid problems in Oklahoma City. So feedback is virtually too late. He's on Methimazole and Propranolol for the heart pounding. He goes through strange stages with this disease....how can I help him? Tests showed he went into Hypo - then they had him take less medicine....then into hyper----- is this how it works? Can there be a balance of the medicine that will control this disease? He is going into jags of really energetic phases, then another time he feels like he cannot move and is extremely tired. Does anyone have any suggestions - or is this it? Any input would be appreciated. Jane Cunningham

Guest guest

They are using the OLD TSH lab ranges.... and when on replacement TSH doesn't mean a heck of a lot....

Most folks seem to feel best with a Free T4 at about mid range, or slightly higher... mid range for you would be 1.11... Your T4 could be higher

Most folks feel best with the Free T3 at the top end of it's range, or slightly higher. You're not even at mid range, which would be 4.05.

If your symptoms are still showing hypo.. then the labs are confirming that.. your dose needs to be increases.

Remind me... did they increase your dose on Friday??

By not taking the Synthroid before the blood draw, this is taking a more accurate 'picture' of the available hormone in your system. TSH is suppressed with T4.. so it can show lower then it should be for the level of thyroid hormones (TSH is a pituitary hormone, remember) So the most important of all the tests for someone taking T4 only is Free T3... with secondary emphasis on suppressed TSH for those with Hashi's...

At least that's my take on it after all this time.

So.... How are you FEELING?

Topper ()

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:27:32 -0000 "tresckow1936" writes:

I had blood drawn last Friday and asked them to fax the results to me also which I just got yesterday.....this is the first time I had a draw without taking Synthroid beforehand..how does that affect the results (noteTSH)...which is more accurate? T4Free .98 (.58-1.64) TSH (L) .22 (.34-5.60) T3 1.10 (0.60-1.81) T3Free 3.10 (2.60-5.20)Thanx for all your help....

Guest guest

They are using the OLD TSH lab ranges.... and when on replacement TSH doesn't mean a heck of a lot....

Most folks seem to feel best with a Free T4 at about mid range, or slightly higher... mid range for you would be 1.11... Your T4 could be higher

Most folks feel best with the Free T3 at the top end of it's range, or slightly higher. You're not even at mid range, which would be 4.05.

If your symptoms are still showing hypo.. then the labs are confirming that.. your dose needs to be increases.

Remind me... did they increase your dose on Friday??

By not taking the Synthroid before the blood draw, this is taking a more accurate 'picture' of the available hormone in your system. TSH is suppressed with T4.. so it can show lower then it should be for the level of thyroid hormones (TSH is a pituitary hormone, remember) So the most important of all the tests for someone taking T4 only is Free T3... with secondary emphasis on suppressed TSH for those with Hashi's...

At least that's my take on it after all this time.

So.... How are you FEELING?

Topper ()

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:27:32 -0000 "tresckow1936" writes:

I had blood drawn last Friday and asked them to fax the results to me also which I just got yesterday.....this is the first time I had a draw without taking Synthroid beforehand..how does that affect the results (noteTSH)...which is more accurate? T4Free .98 (.58-1.64) TSH (L) .22 (.34-5.60) T3 1.10 (0.60-1.81) T3Free 3.10 (2.60-5.20)Thanx for all your help....

Guest guest

Hi Marlena,

IMHO these aren't looking too bad but there is room for improvement and part of this maybe because you are getting to the optimal in your meds and the tsh has kicked down. Take it slow with upping your meds though as you are so close and some could be getting your conversion to be better. How was your B12? That can produce the same hypo symptoms had that myself and once I started on the monthly needles it was about 30% improvement for me and then it was a case of getting the rest in line. Also remember that the "within range" is just a guide-line for the doc to go by and it should be more on how you are feeling and reacting to your meds and diet. Slow and easy with this especially as you look like all you need is tweeking and not major overhaul. It will happen

Dawn

rlena wrote:

Ok, here are my results. I'm pretty confusedconsidering I'm still feeling so hypo -- low basals,slow pulse, scalloped tongue, and all my symptoms . ..Free T3: 3.1, range 2.3-4.2Free T4: 1.1, range 0.8-1.8TSH 0.011, range 0.35-5.5I also got a full health check -- most everything wasin range and looking ok except that my ferritin isdown to 37 from 56 a few months ago -- and this isafter starting iron supplements??? My iron however is165, range 35-185. Does anyone know what this means?The only things out of range were:alkaline phosphatase 39, range 40-125LDH 107, range 119-223I have no idea what these things are. I'll be talkingto a doctor, but does anyone have any comments??? ____________________________________________________

Yahoo! Sports Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

Discover Yahoo! Get on-the-go sports scores, stock quotes, news more. Check it out!

Guest guest

If she is getting close to her optimal range, then why would her TSH be "kicking in"? The TSH would be going down down down.

Re: lab results

Hi Marlena,

IMHO these aren't looking too bad but there is room for improvement and part of this maybe because you are getting to the optimal in your meds and the tsh has kicked down. Take it slow with upping your meds though as you are so close and some could be getting your conversion to be better. How was your B12? That can produce the same hypo symptoms had that myself and once I started on the monthly needles it was about 30% improvement for me and then it was a case of getting the rest in line. Also remember that the "within range" is just a guide-line for the doc to go by and it should be more on how you are feeling and reacting to your meds and diet. Slow and easy with this especially as you look like all you need is tweeking and not major overhaul. It will happen

Dawn

rlena wrote:

Ok, here are my results. I'm pretty confusedconsidering I'm still feeling so hypo -- low basals,slow pulse, scalloped tongue, and all my symptoms . ..Free T3: 3.1, range 2.3-4.2Free T4: 1.1, range 0.8-1.8TSH 0.011, range 0.35-5.5I also got a full health check -- most everything wasin range and looking ok except that my ferritin isdown to 37 from 56 a few months ago -- and this isafter starting iron supplements??? My iron however is165, range 35-185. Does anyone know what this means?The only things out of range were:alkaline phosphatase 39, range 40-125LDH 107, range 119-223I have no idea what these things are. I'll be talkingto a doctor, but does anyone have any comments???

Guest guest

The ferritin is the more reliable test for iron storage and processing of

it. The serum iron is sort of a snapshot of what's going on in the blood

right at that moment in time. I don't see the ranges for the ferritin, so

I'm assuming that you were found a few months ago to have too low ferritin,

and now it's even lower. This is a very strong feature of low thyroid,

since everything is being processed so slowly with this disease. I've

either forgotten or never knew how long or how much iron you've been on. It

is essential to get both this and the thyroid hormones corrected before

you're going to feel better. There are other anemias common to thyroid

disease, especially, as said before, the B12 and the Folic Acid, together.

B5 and B6 are other biggies in thyroid disease. The alkaline phosphatase is

one of your main liver enzymes and is obviously too low in that range. Your

Free T4 is not even at the midpoint yet. 1.3 would be the midpoint in these

ranges. You MAY be (and this is only a guess for different individuals) one

of those people whose body requires your Free T3 to be at the very top of

the range or even higher, in order to feel well. Some do and some don't.

If you have Hashi's antibodies, the hormone can be floating around out there

in your bloodstream and can look good on paper, yet not be being absorbed

into your blood cells because of the antibodies alone. This is the thing

that I hate the most about my Hashi's, is the unreliability of ANY blood

testing, until these things are under control. It takes the pituitary a

long time, sometimes as many as 9 months or so, according to some

authorities, to catch up to what's going on with these thyroid hormones.

Then, again, some people's pituitaries respond very quickly to what's being

put in there. It can be a catch 22 situation and only time will tell. I

hate Hashi's! Have you talked to your doc about why your liver enzyme would

be low?

lab results

> Ok, here are my results. I'm pretty confused

> considering I'm still feeling so hypo -- low basals,

> slow pulse, scalloped tongue, and all my symptoms . .

> .

>

> Free T3: 3.1, range 2.3-4.2

> Free T4: 1.1, range 0.8-1.8

> TSH 0.011, range 0.35-5.5

>

> I also got a full health check -- most everything was

> in range and looking ok except that my ferritin is

> down to 37 from 56 a few months ago -- and this is

> after starting iron supplements??? My iron however is

> 165, range 35-185. Does anyone know what this means?

>

> The only things out of range were:

> alkaline phosphatase 39, range 40-125

> LDH 107, range 119-223

>

> I have no idea what these things are. I'll be talking

> to a doctor, but does anyone have any comments???

Guest guest

Hi ,

I know that it is early in Tx but I think that I said "kicked down" meaning that it wasn't working like crazy to produce

Dawn wrote:

If she is getting close to her optimal range, then why would her TSH be "kicking in"? The TSH would be going down down down.

Hi Marlena,

Dawn

rlena wrote:

Ok, here are my results. I'm pretty confusedconsidering I'm still feeling so hypo -- low basals,slow pulse, scalloped tongue, and all my symptoms . ..Free T3: 3.1, range 2.3-4.2Free T4: 1.1, range 0.8-1.8TSH 0.011, range 0.35-5.5I also got a full health check -- most everything wasin range and looking ok except that my ferritin isdown to 37 from 56 a few months ago -- and this isafter starting iron supplements??? My iron however is165, range 35-185. Does anyone know what this means?The only things out of range were:alkaline phosphatase 39, range 40-125LDH 107, range 119-223I have no idea what these things are. I'll be talkingto a doctor, but does anyone have any comments??? __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi ,

I know that it is early in Tx but I think that I said "kicked down" meaning that it wasn't working like crazy to produce

Dawn wrote:

Hi Marlena,

Dawn

rlena wrote:

Ok, here are my results. I'm pretty confusedconsidering I'm still feeling so hypo -- low basals,slow pulse, scalloped tongue, and all my symptoms . ..Free T3: 3.1, range 2.3-4.2Free T4: 1.1, range 0.8-1.8TSH 0.011, range 0.35-5.5I also got a full health check -- most everything wasin range and looking ok except that my ferritin isdown to 37 from 56 a few months ago -- and this isafter starting iron supplements??? My iron however is165, range 35-185. Does anyone know what this means?The only things out of range were:alkaline phosphatase 39, range 40-125LDH 107, range 119-223I have no idea what these things are. I'll be talkingto a doctor, but does anyone have any comments??? __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi ,

Dawn wrote:

Hi Marlena,

Dawn

rlena wrote:

Guest guest

Thank you for the information! I will ask about my

liver . . . I'm taking about 30mg of iron a day --

perhaps not enough . . . my B12 was also low last time

it was checked, I started on shots but then I switched

to sublinguals since I didn't notice any improvement

from the shots and they are so unpleasant (but maybe I

should go back to them??). I'm also taking a good dose

of B complex plus extra P5P (activated B6).

I didn't have any antibodies when both tests were

taken a month or so ago, so I don't think I have

hashi's but ?? . . . I'm wondering if I should up my

desiccated thyroid since my T4 is low too, or just

increase plain T3? Since my T4 is not elevated do you

think that it is converting to T3 ok? It seems like my

pituitary is responding to the hormones I'm taking,

since it is so suppressed, but that my tissues aren't

getting the benefit.

I appreciate all commments,

Marlena

--- wrote:

> The ferritin is the more reliable test for iron

> storage and processing of

> it. The serum iron is sort of a snapshot of what's

> going on in the blood

> right at that moment in time. I don't see the

> ranges for the ferritin, so

> I'm assuming that you were found a few months ago to

> have too low ferritin,

> and now it's even lower. This is a very strong

> feature of low thyroid,

> since everything is being processed so slowly with

> this disease. I've

> either forgotten or never knew how long or how much

> iron you've been on. It

> is essential to get both this and the thyroid

> hormones corrected before

> you're going to feel better. There are other

> anemias common to thyroid

> disease, especially, as said before, the B12 and the

> Folic Acid, together.

> B5 and B6 are other biggies in thyroid disease. The

> alkaline phosphatase is

> one of your main liver enzymes and is obviously too

> low in that range. Your

> Free T4 is not even at the midpoint yet. 1.3 would

> be the midpoint in these

> ranges. You MAY be (and this is only a guess for

> different individuals) one

> of those people whose body requires your Free T3 to

> be at the very top of

> the range or even higher, in order to feel well.

> Some do and some don't.

> If you have Hashi's antibodies, the hormone can be

> floating around out there

> in your bloodstream and can look good on paper, yet

> not be being absorbed

> into your blood cells because of the antibodies

> alone. This is the thing

> that I hate the most about my Hashi's, is the

> unreliability of ANY blood

> testing, until these things are under control. It

> takes the pituitary a

> long time, sometimes as many as 9 months or so,

> according to some

> authorities, to catch up to what's going on with

> these thyroid hormones.

> Then, again, some people's pituitaries respond very

> quickly to what's being

> put in there. It can be a catch 22 situation and

> only time will tell. I

> hate Hashi's! Have you talked to your doc about why

> your liver enzyme would

> be low?

>

>

>

> lab results

>

>

> > Ok, here are my results. I'm pretty confused

> > considering I'm still feeling so hypo -- low

> basals,

> > slow pulse, scalloped tongue, and all my symptoms

> . .

> > .

> >

> > Free T3: 3.1, range 2.3-4.2

> > Free T4: 1.1, range 0.8-1.8

> > TSH 0.011, range 0.35-5.5

> >

> > I also got a full health check -- most everything

> was

> > in range and looking ok except that my ferritin is

> > down to 37 from 56 a few months ago -- and this is

> > after starting iron supplements??? My iron however

> is

> > 165, range 35-185. Does anyone know what this

> means?

> >

> > The only things out of range were:

> > alkaline phosphatase 39, range 40-125

> > LDH 107, range 119-223

> >

> > I have no idea what these things are. I'll be

> talking

> > to a doctor, but does anyone have any comments???

>

>

>

Yahoo! Sports

Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

Guest guest

getting the benefit.

Marlena

--- wrote:

> going on in the blood

> have too low ferritin,

> this disease. I've

> Folic Acid, together.

> be at the very top of

> not be being absorbed

> takes the pituitary a

> according to some

> only time will tell. I

> be low?

>

>

>

> lab results

>

>

> basals,

> . .

> > .

> >

> >

> was

> is

> means?

> >

> >

> talking

>

>

>

Yahoo! Sports

Guest guest

getting the benefit.

Marlena

--- wrote:

> going on in the blood

> have too low ferritin,

> this disease. I've

> Folic Acid, together.

> be at the very top of

> not be being absorbed

> takes the pituitary a

> according to some

> only time will tell. I

> be low?

>

>

>

> lab results

>

>

> basals,

> . .

> > .

> >

> >

> was

> is

> means?

> >

> >

> talking

>

>

>

Yahoo! Sports

Guest guest

I am gaining weight after taking Synthroid. It would be nice to know if other people are having this same problem? Please keep us posted as to what you discover. If you walk 3 miles per day it seems like you would have your weight problem under contro. Charliel bsl0619 wrote:

I have been on 150 mcg of Synthroid since March. I feel better, butsomething still feels like its missing in my body. I am stillgainingweight, even though I am a very healthy eater...I do eat breakfast. Iwalk aprox 3 miles every day.My results came back from the new doc.TSH .07T4 1.4Autoantibody panel <13He also did a metabolic panel which was fine.Here's the question. If I was not converting T4 to T3, would thisstill cause the weight problems. I was wondering if I took 75 mcg ofSynthroid and took 1/2 grain of Armour would that help. The new Docsaid 150 mcg was too much for someone that had a functioning thyroid.But when the results came back, he said it was fine.__________________________________________________

Guest guest

I am gaining weight after taking Synthroid. It would be nice to know if other people are having this same problem? Please keep us posted as to what you discover. If you walk 3 miles per day it seems like you would have your weight problem under contro. Charliel bsl0619 wrote:

I have been on 150 mcg of Synthroid since March. I feel better, butsomething still feels like its missing in my body. I am stillgainingweight, even though I am a very healthy eater...I do eat breakfast. Iwalk aprox 3 miles every day.My results came back from the new doc.TSH .07T4 1.4Autoantibody panel <13He also did a metabolic panel which was fine.Here's the question. If I was not converting T4 to T3, would thisstill cause the weight problems. I was wondering if I took 75 mcg ofSynthroid and took 1/2 grain of Armour would that help. The new Docsaid 150 mcg was too much for someone that had a functioning thyroid.But when the results came back, he said it was fine.__________________________________________________

Guest guest

I have the same problem. I exercise and walk quite a bit and cannot lose the weight. I have taken Synthroid for several years and now take Levoxyl and still cannot lose weight. I have adjusted my eating habits a million times and still cannot lose the weight.

F. Hembree wrote:

I am gaining weight after taking Synthroid. It would be nice to know if other people are having this same problem? Please keep us posted as to what you discover. If you walk 3 miles per day it seems like you would have your weight problem under contro. Charliel bsl0619 wrote: I have been on 150 mcg of Synthroid since March. I feel better, butsomething still feels like its missing in my body. I am stillgainingweight, even though I am a very healthy eater...I do eat breakfast. Iwalk aprox 3 miles every day.My results came back from the new doc.TSH .07T4 1.4Autoantibody panel <13He also did a metabolic panel which was fine.Here's the question. If I was not converting T4 to T3, would thisstill cause the weight problems. I was wondering if I took 75 mcg ofSynthroid and took 1/2 grain of Armour would that help. The new Docsaid 150 mcg was too much for someone that had a functioning thyroid.But when the results came back, he said it was fine.

Guest guest

You won't know whether you're converting or not, until you have the Free T3

testing.

lab results

> I have been on 150 mcg of Synthroid since March. I feel better, but

> something still feels like its missing in my body. I am still

> gaining

> weight, even though I am a very healthy eater...I do eat breakfast. I

> walk aprox 3 miles every day.

>

> My results came back from the new doc.

>

> TSH .07

> T4 1.4

> Autoantibody panel <13

> He also did a metabolic panel which was fine.

>

> Here's the question. If I was not converting T4 to T3, would this

> still cause the weight problems. I was wondering if I took 75 mcg of

> Synthroid and took 1/2 grain of Armour would that help. The new Doc

> said 150 mcg was too much for someone that had a functioning thyroid.

>

> But when the results came back, he said it was fine.