RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

new

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My son only bit me a few time...because it would hurt so bad I would react and make a high pitched scream and swat him! :o) Another thing you can do is pull their hair along the back of their neck whenever they do it so that they associate pain with biting you and they will stop.

Hope that helps,

Mindy Jer's wife Nate and Lela's Mommy

If I could show you how to make $500-$800 /mo part-time at home with no selling, inventory, or MLM pitfalls would you like to hear about it?bondslaves@...

Guest guest

I don't agree with hurting the biting child. There are more effective ways to get a bfing child to stop biting such as pushing their face into your breast so they release the nipple. I would remove my dd from the breast and sit her on the floor and say "no bite mamma" in a firm voice. She would cry for a few seconds then I would pick her up and nurse her again. It only took a few days for her to figure out that if she bit me she was removed from the breast.

Michele

My son only bit me a few time...because it would hurt so bad I would react and make a high pitched scream and swat him! :o) Another thing you can do is pull their hair along the back of their neck whenever they do it so that they associate pain with biting you and they will stop.

Hope that helps,

Guest guest

I don't agree with hurting the biting child. There are more effective ways to get a bfing child to stop biting such as pushing their face into your breast so they release the nipple. I would remove my dd from the breast and sit her on the floor and say "no bite mamma" in a firm voice. She would cry for a few seconds then I would pick her up and nurse her again. It only took a few days for her to figure out that if she bit me she was removed from the breast.

Michele

Hope that helps,

Guest guest

I disagree with this advice. I have been bitten (who hasn't, especially

with nursing a toddler!) and I know how much it hurts. I just

remove the biter from the breast and firmly say, "no biting". I try

to make my voice sound VERY firm and that combined with being immediately

removed from the breast has worked. Others have had success with

pushing the babies face towards the breast, but I haven't tried this.

I don't think you need to hurt the child in order to stop this behavior.

Margaret

Mindy Mayhew wrote:

, My

son only bit me a few time...because it would hurt so bad I would react

and make a high pitched scream and swat him! :o) Another thing you

can do is pull their hair along the back of their neck whenever they do

it so that they associate pain with biting you and they will stop. Hope

that helps,Mindy

Jer's wife

Nate and Lela's Mommy If

I could show you how to make $500-$800 /mo part-time at home with no selling,

inventory, or MLM pitfalls would you like to hear about it?

bondslaves@...

Guest guest

Margaret

Mindy Mayhew wrote:

, My

that helps,Mindy

Jer's wife

Nate and Lela's Mommy If

bondslaves@...

Guest guest

Margaret

Mindy Mayhew wrote:

, My

that helps,Mindy

Jer's wife

Nate and Lela's Mommy If

bondslaves@...

Guest guest

Biting suggestions that worked for me

Pull babies head in so she can't breathe and has to open her mouth while saying "NO BITE" very stern. do this every time. She will relate biting with not breathing and upsetting tone. She will let go as soon as she sees it is hard to take a breath in in this position.

As for the choking, just watch her. If she is continuing to stuff things in then take it away and explain small bites. otherwise let her go to town. DS takes big bites and I just keep a glass of juice or bm near by to help wash it down if he needs. He will usually gag when he gets to much in the back of the throat.

Laurie

Re: New

I tried to give the biter cookies last week (top4 teeth are coming in). She did fine until the cookiestarted to get mushy - then she took off a big chunk. I, of course, panicked and pulled it out of her mouth(yes, she howled at me!). How do you know if it's OKto let them try to chew a chunk of food? She reallygums at the little pieces that I give her. I'm justso afraid that she'll choke.And speaking of teeth coming in... my little love hasnipped me a few times with her bottom teeth (ouch!). My mom tells me to just tell her no and make her stopnursing for a minute and then try again - I tell herno and she smiles her gorgeous smile at me. Samething when I tell her no to pinching mommy (she likesto pinch my nipple and put it in her mouth like shepinches her other food). Once these top teeth come inshe and I are going to have to have an understandingabout not biting mommy. Any suggestions?--- MadelynnS@... wrote:> > > << So at what age or stage can you start giving> graham crackers, cheerios, > and > those little Teething cookies to the babies?> >>> It really depends on your child.. in fact my> daughter liked finger foods much > more than baby foods, and I prefer something closer> to the real thing, than > processed baby foods.. > > a lot depends on their ability to chew.. NOT have> teeth.. most babies don't > get their chewing teeth until 1 year or after.. but> they can chew wonderfully > with their gums.. > > They should be able to rake the food towards them,> sit up well, and eat > without choking.. > > Christi > ===== SoysterOwner, Soyster's Baby Boutiquehttp://babyboutique.safeshopper.com__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Michele,

That is how I delt with it and I don't believe in hurting baby to stop biting either. They are only trying their new teeth or gums or what have you and they do not understand it causes pain until we teach them gently. Also, I found giving him something to chew on afterwards helped and take notice of when the biting begins. With it was always when he was done. It does stop.

Laurie

Michele

Hope that helps,

Give the Gift of Life Breastfeed!http://www.lactivist.com

Guest guest

Michele,

That is how I delt with it and I don't believe in hurting baby to stop biting either. They are only trying their new teeth or gums or what have you and they do not understand it causes pain until we teach them gently. Also, I found giving him something to chew on afterwards helped and take notice of when the biting begins. With it was always when he was done. It does stop.

Laurie

Michele

Hope that helps,

Give the Gift of Life Breastfeed!http://www.lactivist.com

Guest guest

Oh another very important thing. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER smile when this happens. Then they think they are cute. Sometimes if it is a little bite you are apt to grin. Don't give into this. My daughter laughed the other day when came up and bit her knee. He is teething again. She giggled and said Ouch. He laughed and did it again. I explained to her never say ouch no with a smile. Act upset and say ouch that hurts no bite and sit him down. She found after doing that several times he stopped.

Laurie

<< my little love hasnipped me a few times with her bottom teeth >>you have to tell her No firmly enough that it startles her, so she relates the NO to the biting.. As for foods in chunks.. those biter biscuits are pretty hard, and probably not good for chunks.. other things that are good in chunks for chewing experiences, are noodles, bananas, toast, and anything that seems soft but they can chew some.. my daughter loves frozen peas and carrots, and has been eating them for awhile.. ymmv, just try and expirement.. Christi Give the Gift of Life Breastfeed!http://www.lactivist.com

Guest guest

Oh another very important thing. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER smile when this happens. Then they think they are cute. Sometimes if it is a little bite you are apt to grin. Don't give into this. My daughter laughed the other day when came up and bit her knee. He is teething again. She giggled and said Ouch. He laughed and did it again. I explained to her never say ouch no with a smile. Act upset and say ouch that hurts no bite and sit him down. She found after doing that several times he stopped.

Laurie

<< my little love hasnipped me a few times with her bottom teeth >>you have to tell her No firmly enough that it startles her, so she relates the NO to the biting.. As for foods in chunks.. those biter biscuits are pretty hard, and probably not good for chunks.. other things that are good in chunks for chewing experiences, are noodles, bananas, toast, and anything that seems soft but they can chew some.. my daughter loves frozen peas and carrots, and has been eating them for awhile.. ymmv, just try and expirement.. Christi Give the Gift of Life Breastfeed!http://www.lactivist.com

Guest guest

Laurie

Guest guest

>

>As for the choking, just watch her. If she is continuing to stuff things

>in then take it away and explain small bites. otherwise let her go to

>town. DS takes big bites and I just keep a glass of juice or bm near by to

>help wash it down if he needs. He will usually gag when he gets to much in

>the back of the throat.

>

I became less worried about choking when I realized that she was stuffing as

many small bites into her mouth as she could, without swallowing until she

*had* to swallow. She still had a mouth full of food either way. So I let

her bite off pieces herself, with supervision. So far so good.

HTH

Lynn

Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

Guest guest

>

>the back of the throat.

>

HTH

Lynn

Guest guest

>

>the back of the throat.

>

HTH

Lynn

Guest guest

Hey, I had my both kids vaginally w/o epidurals either--bradley method and doula helped a lot with my DD's induction though. 8-15 isn't that big, though 11-3 is large, I'd bet they're concerned the next ones head will be too big or something of that ilk. Some of us were just made to have babies though.

I start solids about six months--when the spoon at the highchair is no longer a sufficient distraction. Then I go for a bit of cereal interspersed with starting veggies. Fruits are the third food group, and beans, meats and eggs come 4th. Dairy is after one year. I don't introduce new foods closer than 1 week apart, or when the baby is feeling under the weather. In fact, if baby is feeling lousy I will drop the solids until health perks back up. We have some food allergies, so I opt on the side of caution with this.

Amy Lynnmother to 1-25-98 and 2-10-00

Guest guest

Hey, I had my both kids vaginally w/o epidurals either--bradley method and doula helped a lot with my DD's induction though. 8-15 isn't that big, though 11-3 is large, I'd bet they're concerned the next ones head will be too big or something of that ilk. Some of us were just made to have babies though.

I start solids about six months--when the spoon at the highchair is no longer a sufficient distraction. Then I go for a bit of cereal interspersed with starting veggies. Fruits are the third food group, and beans, meats and eggs come 4th. Dairy is after one year. I don't introduce new foods closer than 1 week apart, or when the baby is feeling under the weather. In fact, if baby is feeling lousy I will drop the solids until health perks back up. We have some food allergies, so I opt on the side of caution with this.

Amy Lynnmother to 1-25-98 and 2-10-00

Guest guest

Look at the ingredients content and add graham crackers with wheat, cheerios

with oats and teething cookies when the baby has had whatever is in them.

Amy Lynn

mother to 1-25-98 and 2-10-00

Guest guest

Amy Lynn

Guest guest

Amy Lynn

Guest guest

I think twice I gave her a really powerful no...and

her face just shattered and my heart just broke. I

must be holding back now (gotta toughen up!) - next

time I'll give her a strong no and let her cry for a

few seconds before she starts nursing again. I guess

I just wasn't sure if she could really understand why

mommy was mad. Sounds like she'll put 2 and 2

together though! Thank you again :o)

--- Margaret Potter wrote:

> I disagree with this advice. I have been bitten

> (who hasn't, especially

> with nursing a toddler!) and I know how much it

> hurts. I just remove the

> biter from the breast and firmly say, " no biting " .

> I try to make my voice

> sound VERY firm and that combined with being

> immediately removed from the

> breast has worked. Others have had success with

> pushing the babies face

> towards the breast, but I haven't tried this. I

> don't think you need to

> hurt the child in order to stop this behavior.

>

> Margaret

>

> Mindy Mayhew wrote:

>

> > , My son only bit me a few time...because it

> would hurt so bad I

> > would react and make a high pitched scream and

> swat him! :o) Another

> > thing you can do is pull their hair along the back

> of their neck

> > whenever they do it so that they associate pain

> with biting you and they

> > will stop. Hope that helps,Mindy

> > Jer's wife

> > Nate and Lela's Mommy If I could show you how to

> make $500-$800 /mo

> > part-time at home with no selling, inventory, or

> MLM pitfalls would you

> > like to hear about it?

> > bondslaves@...

>

=====

Soyster

Owner, Soyster's Baby Boutique

http://babyboutique.safeshopper.com

Guest guest

I think twice I gave her a really powerful no...and

her face just shattered and my heart just broke. I

must be holding back now (gotta toughen up!) - next

time I'll give her a strong no and let her cry for a

few seconds before she starts nursing again. I guess

I just wasn't sure if she could really understand why

mommy was mad. Sounds like she'll put 2 and 2

together though! Thank you again :o)

--- Margaret Potter wrote:

> I disagree with this advice. I have been bitten

> (who hasn't, especially

> with nursing a toddler!) and I know how much it

> hurts. I just remove the

> biter from the breast and firmly say, " no biting " .

> I try to make my voice

> sound VERY firm and that combined with being

> immediately removed from the

> breast has worked. Others have had success with

> pushing the babies face

> towards the breast, but I haven't tried this. I

> don't think you need to

> hurt the child in order to stop this behavior.

>

> Margaret

>

> Mindy Mayhew wrote:

>

> > , My son only bit me a few time...because it

> would hurt so bad I

> > would react and make a high pitched scream and

> swat him! :o) Another

> > thing you can do is pull their hair along the back

> of their neck

> > whenever they do it so that they associate pain

> with biting you and they

> > will stop. Hope that helps,Mindy

> > Jer's wife

> > Nate and Lela's Mommy If I could show you how to

> make $500-$800 /mo

> > part-time at home with no selling, inventory, or

> MLM pitfalls would you

> > like to hear about it?

> > bondslaves@...

>

=====

Soyster

Owner, Soyster's Baby Boutique

http://babyboutique.safeshopper.com

Guest guest

I know what you mean! I am very good now at using my firm mommy voice on

my five year old and occassionally on my 18 month old. BUT, I remember one

time when my five year old was about five months old and I was nursing him

while speaking with my mother on the phone. He bit me really hard and my

mother gave me the advice I gave you -- take him off the breast and say no

biting. I did this and he looked heartbroken and burst out in tears! I

was so upset! I think when they're really young you just have to use your

judgement about how " firm " you sound. Maybe just taking her off the breast

immediately and a gentle no will be enough.

This does get easier as they grow and can communicate and understand more.

My eighteen mos. old today stepped on my toe and when I said, " ouch " , he

said, " mama owie? " and got down on the floor and kissed my toe!

Margaret

Soyster wrote:

> I think twice I gave her a really powerful no...and

> her face just shattered and my heart just broke. I

> must be holding back now (gotta toughen up!) - next

> time I'll give her a strong no and let her cry for a

> few seconds before she starts nursing again. I guess

> I just wasn't sure if she could really understand why

> mommy was mad. Sounds like she'll put 2 and 2

> together though! Thank you again :o)

>

>

>

> --- Margaret Potter wrote:

> > I disagree with this advice. I have been bitten

> > (who hasn't, especially

> > with nursing a toddler!) and I know how much it

> > hurts. I just remove the

> > biter from the breast and firmly say, " no biting " .

> > I try to make my voice

> > sound VERY firm and that combined with being

> > immediately removed from the

> > breast has worked. Others have had success with

> > pushing the babies face

> > towards the breast, but I haven't tried this. I

> > don't think you need to

> > hurt the child in order to stop this behavior.

> >

> > Margaret

> >

> > Mindy Mayhew wrote:

> >

> > > , My son only bit me a few time...because it

> > would hurt so bad I

> > > would react and make a high pitched scream and

> > swat him! :o) Another

> > > thing you can do is pull their hair along the back

> > of their neck

> > > whenever they do it so that they associate pain

> > with biting you and they

> > > will stop. Hope that helps,Mindy

> > > Jer's wife

> > > Nate and Lela's Mommy If I could show you how to

> > make $500-$800 /mo

> > > part-time at home with no selling, inventory, or

> > MLM pitfalls would you

> > > like to hear about it?

> > > bondslaves@...

> >

Guest guest

I know what you mean! I am very good now at using my firm mommy voice on

my five year old and occassionally on my 18 month old. BUT, I remember one

time when my five year old was about five months old and I was nursing him

while speaking with my mother on the phone. He bit me really hard and my

mother gave me the advice I gave you -- take him off the breast and say no

biting. I did this and he looked heartbroken and burst out in tears! I

was so upset! I think when they're really young you just have to use your

judgement about how " firm " you sound. Maybe just taking her off the breast

immediately and a gentle no will be enough.

This does get easier as they grow and can communicate and understand more.

My eighteen mos. old today stepped on my toe and when I said, " ouch " , he

said, " mama owie? " and got down on the floor and kissed my toe!

Margaret

Soyster wrote:

> I think twice I gave her a really powerful no...and

> her face just shattered and my heart just broke. I

> must be holding back now (gotta toughen up!) - next

> time I'll give her a strong no and let her cry for a

> few seconds before she starts nursing again. I guess

> I just wasn't sure if she could really understand why

> mommy was mad. Sounds like she'll put 2 and 2

> together though! Thank you again :o)

>

>

>

> --- Margaret Potter wrote:

> > I disagree with this advice. I have been bitten

> > (who hasn't, especially

> > with nursing a toddler!) and I know how much it

> > hurts. I just remove the

> > biter from the breast and firmly say, " no biting " .

> > I try to make my voice

> > sound VERY firm and that combined with being

> > immediately removed from the

> > breast has worked. Others have had success with

> > pushing the babies face

> > towards the breast, but I haven't tried this. I

> > don't think you need to

> > hurt the child in order to stop this behavior.

> >

> > Margaret

> >

> > Mindy Mayhew wrote:

> >

> > > , My son only bit me a few time...because it

> > would hurt so bad I

> > > would react and make a high pitched scream and

> > swat him! :o) Another

> > > thing you can do is pull their hair along the back

> > of their neck

> > > whenever they do it so that they associate pain

> > with biting you and they

> > > will stop. Hope that helps,Mindy

> > > Jer's wife

> > > Nate and Lela's Mommy If I could show you how to

> > make $500-$800 /mo

> > > part-time at home with no selling, inventory, or

> > MLM pitfalls would you

> > > like to hear about it?

> > > bondslaves@...

> >

Guest guest

Margaret:

" Awwwww " ! What a sweet baby boy you have!! I know, he's not a baby

anymore, right? That's okay, my 27 month old is still " my baby " . My dh

is like, " he's a kid, not a baby " ! NOOO, he's still a baby! LOL!!

He (my 27 month old) usually says " I'm sawry Mommy " if I get hurt and

yell " OUCH " even if it wasn't his fault!! Way too cute!!

~ M. ~ BestFedBaby@...

Wife to Demetrios

SAHMommy to Elijah (4/2/98)

and (11/20/99)