RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Armour-hypo advice?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

good Point, Katsboys. In fact, when we added the Cytomel to the Synthroid, it was a huge help. But, yes, I do remember what it was like, and I have great empathy for those going through it. I also realize it can happen to me at anytime. I do not feel optimal, or normal by any means, just more functioning. I wonder if anyone ever feels good again?

I though, to tell you the truth, I never remember feeilng good, and I am 43 years old.

Marie

From: The_Thyroid_Support_Group [mailto:The_Thyroid_Support_Group ] On Behalf Of kats3boysSent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:49 PMTo: The_Thyroid_Support_Group Subject: Re: Armour-hypo advice?

>> Not always the case, as in myself. However, I am almost afraid to say this> for fear things may turn bad, LOL.> On Dec 30 I made the switch from Synthroid(0.125mg)/Cytomel(10mcg) to Armour> 180 mg(60 mg three times per day).> This has been a very positive change for me, and my fatigue is better. The> only thing I did notice was I had a period from Jan 8-21, and then I started> again on Jan 31. I am not sure if this is related to the change or not.> I am currently on antibiotics for other issues (uti's, group b> strep(vaginal)) so maybe that is why my cycle is wacky.> > At the same time I started on the Armour, I also started on Selenium 200mg> per day to help with conversion.> > Marie> > But you were on T4/T3 so the switch should go fairly easy..Go back to Two-Three weeks after you first started Synthroid as to how you felt..Kats3boys

Guest guest

good Point, Katsboys. In fact, when we added the Cytomel to the Synthroid, it was a huge help. But, yes, I do remember what it was like, and I have great empathy for those going through it. I also realize it can happen to me at anytime. I do not feel optimal, or normal by any means, just more functioning. I wonder if anyone ever feels good again?

I though, to tell you the truth, I never remember feeilng good, and I am 43 years old.

Marie

From: The_Thyroid_Support_Group [mailto:The_Thyroid_Support_Group ] On Behalf Of kats3boysSent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:49 PMTo: The_Thyroid_Support_Group Subject: Re: Armour-hypo advice?

>> Not always the case, as in myself. However, I am almost afraid to say this> for fear things may turn bad, LOL.> On Dec 30 I made the switch from Synthroid(0.125mg)/Cytomel(10mcg) to Armour> 180 mg(60 mg three times per day).> This has been a very positive change for me, and my fatigue is better. The> only thing I did notice was I had a period from Jan 8-21, and then I started> again on Jan 31. I am not sure if this is related to the change or not.> I am currently on antibiotics for other issues (uti's, group b> strep(vaginal)) so maybe that is why my cycle is wacky.> > At the same time I started on the Armour, I also started on Selenium 200mg> per day to help with conversion.> > Marie> > But you were on T4/T3 so the switch should go fairly easy..Go back to Two-Three weeks after you first started Synthroid as to how you felt..Kats3boys

Guest guest

Marie

Guest guest

Thanks again Kats &

Oh boy .. which way to jump?!? I've been recommended on other

groups that I really *should* take an adrenal supplement when

starting Armour because my adrenals will be so exhausted after all

these years they need support; that not taking adrenal support might

mean that I never get on with the Armour. That makes sense to me.

But also, I do see the problem of adjusting and tolerating two meds

at once, with all their possible side effects, and I realise this

was why I *didn't* immediately buy some adrenal support 4 weeks ago

when starting Armour. That also makes sense to me!

I guess the crux of the matter is this: does the adrenal supplement

actually *support* the adrenals while the system is getting used to

thyroid hormone, or is it simply another set of hormones that the

body has to work up to tolerating, in fact complicating matters

further?

Katy

>> >

> >

> Do be careful adding and adjusting two meds at once..you will

never

> know which one to go up or down on and which one is working or not

> working..if you are due for labs on Monday and expecting an Armour

> increase.. you may want to take the increase and just the increase

> for a few weeks.. then add the adrenal..this way your body is not

> adjusting to both..doing both can be done but it is tricky..so

give

> yourself time to be stable between med and dose changes..this will

> stop you from having to go back to one grain of Armour and start

all

> over again.

>

> Kats3boys

>

Guest guest

Thanks again Kats &

Oh boy .. which way to jump?!? I've been recommended on other

groups that I really *should* take an adrenal supplement when

starting Armour because my adrenals will be so exhausted after all

these years they need support; that not taking adrenal support might

mean that I never get on with the Armour. That makes sense to me.

But also, I do see the problem of adjusting and tolerating two meds

at once, with all their possible side effects, and I realise this

was why I *didn't* immediately buy some adrenal support 4 weeks ago

when starting Armour. That also makes sense to me!

I guess the crux of the matter is this: does the adrenal supplement

actually *support* the adrenals while the system is getting used to

thyroid hormone, or is it simply another set of hormones that the

body has to work up to tolerating, in fact complicating matters

further?

Katy

>> >

> >

> Do be careful adding and adjusting two meds at once..you will

never

> know which one to go up or down on and which one is working or not

> working..if you are due for labs on Monday and expecting an Armour

> increase.. you may want to take the increase and just the increase

> for a few weeks.. then add the adrenal..this way your body is not

> adjusting to both..doing both can be done but it is tricky..so

give

> yourself time to be stable between med and dose changes..this will

> stop you from having to go back to one grain of Armour and start

all

> over again.

>

> Kats3boys

>

Guest guest

with my doc which I recommend NOT doing... I decided that when ever I would need an extra pill I would take it and if I didn't I wouldn't... I had told him that sometimes I forgot I had taken my pill so I would take another, I asked if it was a problem, he said...do you feel better doing that? I said yes.. he said well... do what you can to feel good. Then I asked for an upgrade in my dosage from 2 pills to 3. He said he didn't see a need to do it because my labs were increasing.. I said yeah, that's because I take 3 a day lol. He prescribed 3 a day then. Not all docs like that though... but you know what? When I see him now, he listens to me lol.

btw, I don't recommend or endorse doing this... well, unless you're really balsy lol.

>> Hi > > Thanks for your input too. I'm glad (in a way!) that it's OK to > feel so bad at this point in my "Armour journey".> > As to the adrenal supplement - I've ordered it online and it is due > tomorrow! It's the Nutri-Adrenal Extra which I was recommended by > another group. It's natural adrenal tissue extracts from bovine > sources, much as Armour is from porcine sources, so it made sense to > me. I thought I would just try one tab a day for a week to start > and see how it goes. I'll tell my Doc - but it sounds like I don't > really need a doc to take this?> > Katy> > Do be careful adding and adjusting two meds at once..you will never know which one to go up or down on and which one is working or not working..if you are due for labs on Monday and expecting an Armour increase.. you may want to take the increase and just the increase for a few weeks.. then add the adrenal..this way your body is not adjusting to both..doing both can be done but it is tricky..so give yourself time to be stable between med and dose changes..this will stop you from having to go back to one grain of Armour and start all over again.Kats3boys

Guest guest

with my doc which I recommend NOT doing... I decided that when ever I would need an extra pill I would take it and if I didn't I wouldn't... I had told him that sometimes I forgot I had taken my pill so I would take another, I asked if it was a problem, he said...do you feel better doing that? I said yes.. he said well... do what you can to feel good. Then I asked for an upgrade in my dosage from 2 pills to 3. He said he didn't see a need to do it because my labs were increasing.. I said yeah, that's because I take 3 a day lol. He prescribed 3 a day then. Not all docs like that though... but you know what? When I see him now, he listens to me lol.

btw, I don't recommend or endorse doing this... well, unless you're really balsy lol.

>> Hi > > Thanks for your input too. I'm glad (in a way!) that it's OK to > feel so bad at this point in my "Armour journey".> > As to the adrenal supplement - I've ordered it online and it is due > tomorrow! It's the Nutri-Adrenal Extra which I was recommended by > another group. It's natural adrenal tissue extracts from bovine > sources, much as Armour is from porcine sources, so it made sense to > me. I thought I would just try one tab a day for a week to start > and see how it goes. I'll tell my Doc - but it sounds like I don't > really need a doc to take this?> > Katy> > Do be careful adding and adjusting two meds at once..you will never know which one to go up or down on and which one is working or not working..if you are due for labs on Monday and expecting an Armour increase.. you may want to take the increase and just the increase for a few weeks.. then add the adrenal..this way your body is not adjusting to both..doing both can be done but it is tricky..so give yourself time to be stable between med and dose changes..this will stop you from having to go back to one grain of Armour and start all over again.Kats3boys

Guest guest

Guest guest

I think you will... it just all depends on how you pursue being healthy and the doctors that you work with. I wish you good luck as I'm sure you will do what you need to do in order to be healthy.

:),

andrea

RE: Re: Armour-hypo advice?

Marie

Guest guest

both. if you run the dosage really low for adrenal support, you will tolerate it better than running it high... then you'll crash. there might be a point when low support becomes to high, then you have to skip days/weeks. try the armour first... you may feel crashing a bit but the further you go with it the better you will feel as it helps regulate the adrenals a bit. when i first started armour, looking back i think my adrenals were really dying (god knows i felt like it).

now after 2 years of being on armour, my adrenals have come back (not completely) but are much much better. i would recommend since you are so new to armour trying to regulate yourself on it first (as someone else suggested down a thread somewhere) to give your body time to adjust. if you are doing two meds at once that treat similar symptoms for both things, if you overshoot it, they will problably mimic each other with hyper thy/adren symptoms as well.

try the armour then adrenal. it took me two years to get level on gen armour, it may take you less time... or more. getting leveled is essential to really knowing what results you have.

good luck

andrea

Thanks again Kats & Oh boy .. which way to jump?!? I've been recommended on other groups that I really *should* take an adrenal supplement when starting Armour because my adrenals will be so exhausted after all these years they need support; that not taking adrenal support might mean that I never get on with the Armour. That makes sense to me. But also, I do see the problem of adjusting and tolerating two meds at once, with all their possible side effects, and I realise this was why I *didn't* immediately buy some adrenal support 4 weeks ago when starting Armour. That also makes sense to me!I guess the crux of the matter is this: does the adrenal supplement actually *support* the adrenals while the system is getting used to thyroid hormone, or is it simply another set of hormones that the body has to work up to tolerating, in fact complicating matters further?Katy>> > > > > Do be careful adding and adjusting two meds at once..you will never > know which one to go up or down on and which one is working or not > working..if you are due for labs on Monday and expecting an Armour > increase.. you may want to take the increase and just the increase > for a few weeks.. then add the adrenal..this way your body is not > adjusting to both..doing both can be done but it is tricky..so give > yourself time to be stable between med and dose changes..this will > stop you from having to go back to one grain of Armour and start all > over again.> > Kats3boys>

Guest guest

both. if you run the dosage really low for adrenal support, you will tolerate it better than running it high... then you'll crash. there might be a point when low support becomes to high, then you have to skip days/weeks. try the armour first... you may feel crashing a bit but the further you go with it the better you will feel as it helps regulate the adrenals a bit. when i first started armour, looking back i think my adrenals were really dying (god knows i felt like it).

now after 2 years of being on armour, my adrenals have come back (not completely) but are much much better. i would recommend since you are so new to armour trying to regulate yourself on it first (as someone else suggested down a thread somewhere) to give your body time to adjust. if you are doing two meds at once that treat similar symptoms for both things, if you overshoot it, they will problably mimic each other with hyper thy/adren symptoms as well.

try the armour then adrenal. it took me two years to get level on gen armour, it may take you less time... or more. getting leveled is essential to really knowing what results you have.

good luck

andrea

Thanks again Kats & Oh boy .. which way to jump?!? I've been recommended on other groups that I really *should* take an adrenal supplement when starting Armour because my adrenals will be so exhausted after all these years they need support; that not taking adrenal support might mean that I never get on with the Armour. That makes sense to me. But also, I do see the problem of adjusting and tolerating two meds at once, with all their possible side effects, and I realise this was why I *didn't* immediately buy some adrenal support 4 weeks ago when starting Armour. That also makes sense to me!I guess the crux of the matter is this: does the adrenal supplement actually *support* the adrenals while the system is getting used to thyroid hormone, or is it simply another set of hormones that the body has to work up to tolerating, in fact complicating matters further?Katy>> > > > > Do be careful adding and adjusting two meds at once..you will never > know which one to go up or down on and which one is working or not > working..if you are due for labs on Monday and expecting an Armour > increase.. you may want to take the increase and just the increase > for a few weeks.. then add the adrenal..this way your body is not > adjusting to both..doing both can be done but it is tricky..so give > yourself time to be stable between med and dose changes..this will > stop you from having to go back to one grain of Armour and start all > over again.> > Kats3boys>

Guest guest

Hi - Yes, I have a doctor that does what I ask, so far, so good, and I have been with him over one year. If he at sometime does not become cooperative, I move on, LOL,LOL.

Marie

From: The_Thyroid_Support_Group [mailto:The_Thyroid_Support_Group ] On Behalf Of TeagueSent: Friday, February 03, 2006 9:21 AMTo: The_Thyroid_Support_Group Subject: Re: Re: Armour-hypo advice?

I think you will... it just all depends on how you pursue being healthy and the doctors that you work with. I wish you good luck as I'm sure you will do what you need to do in order to be healthy.

andrea

Marie

Guest guest

Hi - Yes, I have a doctor that does what I ask, so far, so good, and I have been with him over one year. If he at sometime does not become cooperative, I move on, LOL,LOL.

Marie

From: The_Thyroid_Support_Group [mailto:The_Thyroid_Support_Group ] On Behalf Of TeagueSent: Friday, February 03, 2006 9:21 AMTo: The_Thyroid_Support_Group Subject: Re: Re: Armour-hypo advice?

andrea

Marie

Guest guest

Marie

andrea

Marie

Guest guest

Thanks .

How low is low? Is one tab a day low? What symptoms might I expect

to tell me I don't need the support after all?

If I don't do the adrenal support, how long should I give the Armour

to regulate? Are we talking months? Elsewhere they say that you

need the adrenal support at the *beginning* of taking Armour, if you

are feeling bad hypo symptoms like me, or you might exhaust the

adrenals even more making it impossible for the system to get used

to the thyroid hormones. Help! :)

Katy

>

> both. if you run the dosage really low for adrenal support, you

will tolerate it better than running it high... then you'll crash.

there might be a point when low support becomes to high, then you

have to skip days/weeks. try the armour first... you may feel

crashing a bit but the further you go with it the better you will

feel as it helps regulate the adrenals a bit. when i first started

armour, looking back i think my adrenals were really dying (god

knows i felt like it).

>

> now after 2 years of being on armour, my adrenals have come back

(not completely) but are much much better. i would recommend since

you are so new to armour trying to regulate yourself on it first (as

someone else suggested down a thread somewhere) to give your body

time to adjust. if you are doing two meds at once that treat

similar symptoms for both things, if you overshoot it, they will

problably mimic each other with hyper thy/adren symptoms as well.

>

> try the armour then adrenal. it took me two years to get level on

gen armour, it may take you less time... or more. getting leveled

is essential to really knowing what results you have.

>

> good luck

> andrea

>

Guest guest

Thanks .

How low is low? Is one tab a day low? What symptoms might I expect

to tell me I don't need the support after all?

If I don't do the adrenal support, how long should I give the Armour

to regulate? Are we talking months? Elsewhere they say that you

need the adrenal support at the *beginning* of taking Armour, if you

are feeling bad hypo symptoms like me, or you might exhaust the

adrenals even more making it impossible for the system to get used

to the thyroid hormones. Help! :)

Katy

>

> both. if you run the dosage really low for adrenal support, you

will tolerate it better than running it high... then you'll crash.

there might be a point when low support becomes to high, then you

have to skip days/weeks. try the armour first... you may feel

crashing a bit but the further you go with it the better you will

feel as it helps regulate the adrenals a bit. when i first started

armour, looking back i think my adrenals were really dying (god

knows i felt like it).

>

> now after 2 years of being on armour, my adrenals have come back

(not completely) but are much much better. i would recommend since

you are so new to armour trying to regulate yourself on it first (as

someone else suggested down a thread somewhere) to give your body

time to adjust. if you are doing two meds at once that treat

similar symptoms for both things, if you overshoot it, they will

problably mimic each other with hyper thy/adren symptoms as well.

>

> try the armour then adrenal. it took me two years to get level on

gen armour, it may take you less time... or more. getting leveled

is essential to really knowing what results you have.

>

> good luck

> andrea

>

Guest guest

I would just like to make a comment....this is true you will read that adrenal support should be given before the thyroid is treated, I believe this is talking about doctor supervised, prescribed medications, NOT the OTC...just something to think about. Be very careful self medicating. I am not saying I would not ever self medicate, as I would consider it. For myself, I will wait until after I get my Armour regulated and see consistency in how I feel, ESPECIALLY if I am going to self medicate with OTC products.

Marie

From: The_Thyroid_Support_Group [mailto:The_Thyroid_Support_Group ] On Behalf Of KatySent: Friday, February 03, 2006 11:03 AMTo: The_Thyroid_Support_Group Subject: Re: Armour-hypo advice?

Thanks .How low is low? Is one tab a day low? What symptoms might I expect to tell me I don't need the support after all?If I don't do the adrenal support, how long should I give the Armour to regulate? Are we talking months? Elsewhere they say that you need the adrenal support at the *beginning* of taking Armour, if you are feeling bad hypo symptoms like me, or you might exhaust the adrenals even more making it impossible for the system to get used to the thyroid hormones. Help! :)Katy>> both. if you run the dosage really low for adrenal support, you will tolerate it better than running it high... then you'll crash. there might be a point when low support becomes to high, then you have to skip days/weeks. try the armour first... you may feel crashing a bit but the further you go with it the better you will feel as it helps regulate the adrenals a bit. when i first started armour, looking back i think my adrenals were really dying (god knows i felt like it). > > now after 2 years of being on armour, my adrenals have come back (not completely) but are much much better. i would recommend since you are so new to armour trying to regulate yourself on it first (as someone else suggested down a thread somewhere) to give your body time to adjust. if you are doing two meds at once that treat similar symptoms for both things, if you overshoot it, they will problably mimic each other with hyper thy/adren symptoms as well.> > try the armour then adrenal. it took me two years to get level on gen armour, it may take you less time... or more. getting leveled is essential to really knowing what results you have.> > good luck> andrea>

Guest guest

I would just like to make a comment....this is true you will read that adrenal support should be given before the thyroid is treated, I believe this is talking about doctor supervised, prescribed medications, NOT the OTC...just something to think about. Be very careful self medicating. I am not saying I would not ever self medicate, as I would consider it. For myself, I will wait until after I get my Armour regulated and see consistency in how I feel, ESPECIALLY if I am going to self medicate with OTC products.

Marie

From: The_Thyroid_Support_Group [mailto:The_Thyroid_Support_Group ] On Behalf Of KatySent: Friday, February 03, 2006 11:03 AMTo: The_Thyroid_Support_Group Subject: Re: Armour-hypo advice?

Thanks .How low is low? Is one tab a day low? What symptoms might I expect to tell me I don't need the support after all?If I don't do the adrenal support, how long should I give the Armour to regulate? Are we talking months? Elsewhere they say that you need the adrenal support at the *beginning* of taking Armour, if you are feeling bad hypo symptoms like me, or you might exhaust the adrenals even more making it impossible for the system to get used to the thyroid hormones. Help! :)Katy>> both. if you run the dosage really low for adrenal support, you will tolerate it better than running it high... then you'll crash. there might be a point when low support becomes to high, then you have to skip days/weeks. try the armour first... you may feel crashing a bit but the further you go with it the better you will feel as it helps regulate the adrenals a bit. when i first started armour, looking back i think my adrenals were really dying (god knows i felt like it). > > now after 2 years of being on armour, my adrenals have come back (not completely) but are much much better. i would recommend since you are so new to armour trying to regulate yourself on it first (as someone else suggested down a thread somewhere) to give your body time to adjust. if you are doing two meds at once that treat similar symptoms for both things, if you overshoot it, they will problably mimic each other with hyper thy/adren symptoms as well.> > try the armour then adrenal. it took me two years to get level on gen armour, it may take you less time... or more. getting leveled is essential to really knowing what results you have.> > good luck> andrea>

Guest guest

I personally have not started adrenal replacement yet so I don't know what to tell you but maybe some of the people that do can. For me it's taken me wow, since 2001 to get regulated... I didn't know it had been that long. Now I'm just feeling ready to try it. Do a lot of research and talk to a lot of people about it. I'll try to look up more later for you. Good luck.

Guest guest

I personally have not started adrenal replacement yet so I don't know what to tell you but maybe some of the people that do can. For me it's taken me wow, since 2001 to get regulated... I didn't know it had been that long. Now I'm just feeling ready to try it. Do a lot of research and talk to a lot of people about it. I'll try to look up more later for you. Good luck.

Guest guest

exactly. I got lucky self medicating.... many people don't.

andrea

Marie

Guest guest

>

> Thanks again Kats &

>

> Oh boy .. which way to jump?!? I've been recommended on other

> groups that I really *should* take an adrenal supplement when

> starting Armour because my adrenals will be so exhausted after all

> these years they need support; that not taking adrenal support

might

> mean that I never get on with the Armour. That makes sense to

me.

>

> But also, I do see the problem of adjusting and tolerating two

meds

> at once, with all their possible side effects, and I realise this

> was why I *didn't* immediately buy some adrenal support 4 weeks

ago

> when starting Armour. That also makes sense to me!

>

> I guess the crux of the matter is this: does the adrenal

supplement

> actually *support* the adrenals while the system is getting used

to

> thyroid hormone, or is it simply another set of hormones that the

> body has to work up to tolerating, in fact complicating matters

> further?

>

> Katy

>

Adrenals get exhausted because of low thyroid levels.. Supporting

the adrenals is usually a good idea..with proper functioning

adrenals your body will be able to use the armour better.

My only thought is with labs coming so quick and you expecting an

increase is to wait, take the increase for a few weeks so your body

adjusts and then start the adrenals..if the doc wants you to wait on

an increase then start the adrenals now. Once you wake up the

adrenals and are on proper thyroid replacement levels you may not

need to continue taking the adrenal support.. the adrenal glands

were meant to support themselves..but depending on how exhausted

they are they may need to wake up slowly..

But being so close to labs and so close to getting your Armour

increased I would wait..and remember not to take Armour on lab day

before labs..

Kats3boys

Guest guest

>

> Thanks again Kats &

>

might

me.

>

meds

ago

>

supplement

to

> further?

>

> Katy

>

before labs..

Kats3boys

Guest guest

>

> Thanks again Kats &

>

might

me.

>

meds

ago

>

supplement

to

> further?

>

> Katy

>

before labs..

Kats3boys

Guest guest

<

Thanks and Kats

OK well I took one adrenal support tab yesterday before this

discussion, but will leave it now for the time being.

One thing I do notice is that I have had two " good " days in a row

(yesterday and today) when over the past four weeks the good days

have been every 3-4 days. Could this be the adrenal support and

does it indicate a clearer path for me personally on whether to take

it with Armour or not?

Katy

--- In The_Thyroid_Support_Group , " kats3boys "

>> Adrenals get exhausted because of low thyroid levels.. Supporting

> the adrenals is usually a good idea..with proper functioning

> adrenals your body will be able to use the armour better.

> My only thought is with labs coming so quick and you expecting an

> increase is to wait, take the increase for a few weeks so your

body

> adjusts and then start the adrenals..if the doc wants you to wait

on

> an increase then start the adrenals now. Once you wake up the

> adrenals and are on proper thyroid replacement levels you may not

> need to continue taking the adrenal support.. the adrenal glands

> were meant to support themselves..but depending on how exhausted

> they are they may need to wake up slowly..

> But being so close to labs and so close to getting your Armour

> increased I would wait..and remember not to take Armour on lab day

> before labs..

>

> Kats3boys

>