RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Pity party for Topper

Rate this topic

Guest guest

That would be me . Well I have had migraines for years and had to find something to help, so I would just (this may sound stupid ) listen to my body. I take a nice warm shower and then prop my pillows all around my neck and head just to make my shoulders level with my head and support my neck I use ice pack on the back of my neck and I usually have a cool mist humidifer on and I pick a focal point to think of and it is usually water cause I love waterfalls and streams cause of the relaxing sounds and I just lay in a dark room and forget everything else turn off the phone and shut myself int this dark quiet room all proped up thinking of nice water scenes.I drift off and usually wake up very much better and refreshed I am hoping to get me a water fall thiny for my room or a sound thing it will help greatly. You know how it is when you have to help yourself feel better you do what ya gotta do and this always works for me. the trick I

think is protecting the neck alot cause that is usually where my migraine seems to settle in for the long haul. and the ice helps soothe it I keep the upper part of my body even keel from the shoulder up I level it out. I can't stress enough how important it is to protect the neck at least for me. Tina wrote: First of all...*hugs* for not feeling well, and I hope you feel much better soon. All it takes is one person who was exposed to something to bring it your way, so it's entirely possible that your visitor or neighbor had been around someone who was ill and didn't even know it, but brought it to you. Some illnesses take a while to manifest themselves. Maybe someone in the post office

was sick, and accidentally sneezed on your mail? Illnesses are weird like that, they like to travel. Chicken soup is good, naps are good, give your body the rest it needs. Maybe increase your adrenal a little, since you're sick and I remember reading/hearing/seeing somewhere that you should increase it in times of stress or illness. The fever is good, wrap up in a a lot of warm blankets and "sweat it out" as my hubby says. He gets sick for a day, and I tend to be ill for a week with the same bug. I like the idea of the relaxation stuff to help with migraines...whoever told you that should post it, I love relaxation techniques to get rid of pain! I think you said it was Tina...too lazy to scroll back through posts to check, but whoever it was, will you please share? :) I'm trying Yoga these days, and I love it. I got a kit, with a mat, two foam "bricks", a strap, and

a video. My cat refused to let me do much of it today, she was demanding my attention, but it's a nice wake-up type exercise, because it stretches you all over, and I like to stretch in the morning, makes me feel energized. It's raining today, so I don't think anything is going to make me wake up! LOL! Rainy days make me sleep sleep sleep. Feel better soon, and take care of yourself :) But how did I get it? I'm home alone, haven't been any farther from the house than the mail box in 7 weeks. Haven't even had anyone in the house since the Sunday before

Christmas, and she only sat at the kitchen table while we visited for half and hour.... and the only other human I've spoken to face to face since then was the neighbor after he finished plowing the driveway Saturday... I stood on the deck and talked with him for a couple of minutes..... I've had no contact with anyone!!!! arrggghhhhhh Today I'm treating myself like a new puppy..... soft language, no loud noises... soft and comfy places to curl up and snooze.... with little bits of food between my naps! yep.. that's me... a puppy... wanna rub my tummy? Topper () On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 19:07:20 -0800 (PST) " J. McCormick" writes: Hang in there, Topper....I'm getting over the flu andeveryone else around me has it too. I couldn't sleep,I went from hot and cold, irritable bowels, andstabbing headaches that wouldn't go away...it lasted a couple days....Maybe what you're feeling right now could be theflu...on top of everything else we have to deal withbecause of our thyroid disorders...can you takesomething to help you sleep? Try to relax and be gentle to yourself....(((hugs))) M.

Guest guest

That would be me . Well I have had migraines for years and had to find something to help, so I would just (this may sound stupid ) listen to my body. I take a nice warm shower and then prop my pillows all around my neck and head just to make my shoulders level with my head and support my neck I use ice pack on the back of my neck and I usually have a cool mist humidifer on and I pick a focal point to think of and it is usually water cause I love waterfalls and streams cause of the relaxing sounds and I just lay in a dark room and forget everything else turn off the phone and shut myself int this dark quiet room all proped up thinking of nice water scenes.I drift off and usually wake up very much better and refreshed I am hoping to get me a water fall thiny for my room or a sound thing it will help greatly. You know how it is when you have to help yourself feel better you do what ya gotta do and this always works for me. the trick I

think is protecting the neck alot cause that is usually where my migraine seems to settle in for the long haul. and the ice helps soothe it I keep the upper part of my body even keel from the shoulder up I level it out. I can't stress enough how important it is to protect the neck at least for me. Tina wrote: First of all...*hugs* for not feeling well, and I hope you feel much better soon. All it takes is one person who was exposed to something to bring it your way, so it's entirely possible that your visitor or neighbor had been around someone who was ill and didn't even know it, but brought it to you. Some illnesses take a while to manifest themselves. Maybe someone in the post office

was sick, and accidentally sneezed on your mail? Illnesses are weird like that, they like to travel. Chicken soup is good, naps are good, give your body the rest it needs. Maybe increase your adrenal a little, since you're sick and I remember reading/hearing/seeing somewhere that you should increase it in times of stress or illness. The fever is good, wrap up in a a lot of warm blankets and "sweat it out" as my hubby says. He gets sick for a day, and I tend to be ill for a week with the same bug. I like the idea of the relaxation stuff to help with migraines...whoever told you that should post it, I love relaxation techniques to get rid of pain! I think you said it was Tina...too lazy to scroll back through posts to check, but whoever it was, will you please share? :) I'm trying Yoga these days, and I love it. I got a kit, with a mat, two foam "bricks", a strap, and

a video. My cat refused to let me do much of it today, she was demanding my attention, but it's a nice wake-up type exercise, because it stretches you all over, and I like to stretch in the morning, makes me feel energized. It's raining today, so I don't think anything is going to make me wake up! LOL! Rainy days make me sleep sleep sleep. Feel better soon, and take care of yourself :) But how did I get it? I'm home alone, haven't been any farther from the house than the mail box in 7 weeks. Haven't even had anyone in the house since the Sunday before

Christmas, and she only sat at the kitchen table while we visited for half and hour.... and the only other human I've spoken to face to face since then was the neighbor after he finished plowing the driveway Saturday... I stood on the deck and talked with him for a couple of minutes..... I've had no contact with anyone!!!! arrggghhhhhh Today I'm treating myself like a new puppy..... soft language, no loud noises... soft and comfy places to curl up and snooze.... with little bits of food between my naps! yep.. that's me... a puppy... wanna rub my tummy? Topper () On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 19:07:20 -0800 (PST) " J. McCormick" writes: Hang in there, Topper....I'm getting over the flu andeveryone else around me has it too. I couldn't sleep,I went from hot and cold, irritable bowels, andstabbing headaches that wouldn't go away...it lasted a couple days....Maybe what you're feeling right now could be theflu...on top of everything else we have to deal withbecause of our thyroid disorders...can you takesomething to help you sleep? Try to relax and be gentle to yourself....(((hugs))) M.

Guest guest

All valid points.... but.... I've not gone shopping since October first... the stuff that has come into the house via delivery truck, or the two Christmas presents that were dropped off... were all handled several days before symptoms..... and... you'll think I'm nuts... but I actually wash my hands after getting the mail....

I've been in the house alone since the folks left on November 11th.... So no in and out traffic.

.... thinking....

.....one box for Christmas was dropped off the Sunday before.. so that sat here a week, I was on my honor not to open it until Christmas Eve... after dark.... I don't know how long it had been wrapped before she dropped it off.. the other stuff was a bag left on the deck for me... a drop off.. food items.. and I wash my hands and don't touch my face when cooking....

So it's still a puzzlement....

I'm a bit weird about stuff when the folks are gone.. I don't want to get REALLY bad sick when I'm here alone for this two months in the winter.....

The last box I opened arrived on Thursday.. that was packed and shipped the Friday before Christmas... I washed my hands after cutting the box open and then took out the stuff that was inside.....

When the folks are here.... I always wash up when I'm finished in the bathroom or the kitchen....

okay... so now you all know it ... I'm weird....

Does anyone know how long virus can stay alive on a non biological object? I always thought anything over 72 hours is safe.....

Topper ()"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 17:06:51 -0800 (PST) Kathy Kitzcat writes:

Ok Topper, think about this. You haven't had muchcontact with people directly, but you get the maildaily, right? What if the mailman had something,sneezed, and then handled your mail? How about thepeople the mail came from? How many hands has yourmail gone through before it gets to you? What aboutthe stuff you buy at the store? All those things havebeen handled by other folks. Some germs can liedormant for a while.Kathy >^,,^<KitzCat146@...

Guest guest

Sounds like this room... the computers and monitors running.. along with the TV..it stays a good 10 to 15 degrees warmer than the rest of the house if I keep the door to the room closed...

Topper ()"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 17:14:48 -0800 (PST) Kathy Kitzcat writes:

I'd turn my thermostat down to 60 at night, but mysister b*tches about it because she freezes andrefuses to get a blanket. Meanwhile I'm sleeping withthe ceiling fan running full blast and another fanblowing the cooler air from the main room down theshort hall into my door. Now one of the reasons myroom gets so warm is because I have severe sleep apneaand I have to sleep with oxygen at night, so I have anoxygen concentrator in my room that feeds oxygen intomy BiPAP. For those of you who don't know what thatit, an oxygen concentrator is a 70 lb. piece ofequipment that pulls the oxygen out of the room airand sends it down a tube into my breathing apparatus. There is still plenty of oxygen in the air for otherfolks, I just get a higher concentration. It alsotends to warm up the room and make it more humid. :o(Kathy >^,,^<KitzCat146@...

Guest guest

Sounds like this room... the computers and monitors running.. along with the TV..it stays a good 10 to 15 degrees warmer than the rest of the house if I keep the door to the room closed...

I'd turn my thermostat down to 60 at night, but mysister b*tches about it because she freezes andrefuses to get a blanket. Meanwhile I'm sleeping withthe ceiling fan running full blast and another fanblowing the cooler air from the main room down theshort hall into my door. Now one of the reasons myroom gets so warm is because I have severe sleep apneaand I have to sleep with oxygen at night, so I have anoxygen concentrator in my room that feeds oxygen intomy BiPAP. For those of you who don't know what thatit, an oxygen concentrator is a 70 lb. piece ofequipment that pulls the oxygen out of the room airand sends it down a tube into my breathing apparatus. There is still plenty of oxygen in the air for otherfolks, I just get a higher concentration. It alsotends to warm up the room and make it more humid. :o(Kathy >^,,^<KitzCat146@...

Guest guest

Guest guest

Pard, I actually think it is ESP.....

That is exactly what I have been suffering since Christmas--the awful headaches, stomach probs,fever ,chills......

I am sorry, Pard.......I avoided Walmart, but I also got packages from Amazon( my new keyboard).

Actually, I heard this bug is working it's way East.......

Poor Leon, he fell on Christmas day, went to ER.... no broken bones, but sprained or bruised ligaments. was in a lot of pain.... He is now doing a lot better,thankfully

Been rubbing tiger balm on my temples to help the headaches......

So, bestest Pard, you are not alone in your pity party, I offer hugs.......empathy and

I got a craving for sweets!Very rare for me......

Think I will go slurp down some Mountain Dew I got with my pizza and stromboli last night.....

hugs

Feisty, very proud group co-owner

All valid points.... but.... I've not gone shopping since October first... the stuff that has come into the house via delivery truck, or the two Christmas presents that were dropped off... were all handled several days before symptoms..... and... you'll think I'm nuts... but I actually wash my hands after getting the mail....

I've been in the house alone since the folks left on November 11th.... So no in and out traffic.

.... thinking....

.....one box for Christmas was dropped off the Sunday before.. so that sat here a week, I was on my honor not to open it until Christmas Eve... after dark.... I don't know how long it had been wrapped before she dropped it off.. the other stuff was a bag left on the deck for me... a drop off.. food items.. and I wash my hands and don't touch my face when cooking....

So it's still a puzzlement....

I'm a bit weird about stuff when the folks are gone.. I don't want to get REALLY bad sick when I'm here alone for this two months in the winter.....

The last box I opened arrived on Thursday.. that was packed and shipped the Friday before Christmas... I washed my hands after cutting the box open and then took out the stuff that was inside.....

When the folks are here.... I always wash up when I'm finished in the bathroom or the kitchen....

okay... so now you all know it ... I'm weird....

Does anyone know how long virus can stay alive on a non biological object? I always thought anything over 72 hours is safe.....

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 17:06:51 -0800 (PST) Kathy Kitzcat writes:

Ok Topper, think about this. You haven't had muchcontact with people directly, but you get the maildaily, right? What if the mailman had something,sneezed, and then handled your mail? How about thepeople the mail came from? How many hands has yourmail gone through before it gets to you? What aboutthe stuff you buy at the store? All those things havebeen handled by other folks. Some germs can liedormant for a while.Kathy >^,,^<KitzCat146@...

Guest guest

For me it was pretty much just the awful headache and fever.. I didn't really feel sick at all... weird.

We have to get you better, too, pard... we have an anniversary party to plan!!! Can you believe it? Three years!!!!

Topper ()Proud Group Co-Owner

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 22:17:41 -0600 "Feisty\(ThyroFeisty\)" writes:

That is exactly what I have been suffering since Christmas--the awful headaches, stomach probs,fever ,chills......

I am sorry, Pard.......I avoided Walmart, but I also got packages from Amazon( my new keyboard).

Poor Leon, he fell on Christmas day, went to ER.... no broken bones, but sprained or bruised ligaments. was in a lot of pain.... He is now doing a lot better,thankfully

So, bestest Pard, you are not alone in your pity party, I offer hugs.......empathy and

Think I will go slurp down some Mountain Dew I got with my pizza and stromboli last night.....

hugs

My whole family has been sick. Everything I eat goes right through me.

our replacement frig was to be delivered saturday between 3 and 4. They call after 5 and say the new frig got messed up somehow.Another lady calls and said jan 6 will be the soonest we can get you another one. so to say the least,or most it will be 1 month and 3 days without a working frig. i am sick as a dog,no food in the house and tired of trying to figure what to eat, sears,i am far from finished with them saying only 250.00 a year food replacement. everyone was off yesterday and i have not been to sleep. 6 repair men,3 computer boards re-re placed,fan motor and ice maker.3 no shows. i have to check on what the cap is on small claims court. my temples are pounding.

by the way, the chatroom i go into a lot,everyone was sick. some bug. now its pooring down rain. happy new year. I'm gonna make sure of that. Sorry you guys did not sleep either. Ca in Fla

Guest guest

For me it was pretty much just the awful headache and fever.. I didn't really feel sick at all... weird.

We have to get you better, too, pard... we have an anniversary party to plan!!! Can you believe it? Three years!!!!

hugs

our replacement frig was to be delivered saturday between 3 and 4. They call after 5 and say the new frig got messed up somehow.Another lady calls and said jan 6 will be the soonest we can get you another one. so to say the least,or most it will be 1 month and 3 days without a working frig. i am sick as a dog,no food in the house and tired of trying to figure what to eat, sears,i am far from finished with them saying only 250.00 a year food replacement. everyone was off yesterday and i have not been to sleep. 6 repair men,3 computer boards re-re placed,fan motor and ice maker.3 no shows. i have to check on what the cap is on small claims court. my temples are pounding.

by the way, the chatroom i go into a lot,everyone was sick. some bug. now its pooring down rain. happy new year. I'm gonna make sure of that. Sorry you guys did not sleep either. Ca in Fla

Guest guest

hugs

Guest guest

I'm doing soooo much better today... I went to bed last night with all the pillows and props and such in place to allow my neck and shoulders to be fully supported and relaxed and I slept wonderfully.... But... since I slept so much during the day yesterday, Monday, here I am wide awake and up at the computer at 4 in the morning!

Oh... I'm not starving... I can take my temp this morning and see if I have a fever.. I should take waking temp tomorrow and see how my basal temp is after all of this.....

hugs

Guest guest

I'm doing soooo much better today... I went to bed last night with all the pillows and props and such in place to allow my neck and shoulders to be fully supported and relaxed and I slept wonderfully.... But... since I slept so much during the day yesterday, Monday, here I am wide awake and up at the computer at 4 in the morning!

Oh... I'm not starving... I can take my temp this morning and see if I have a fever.. I should take waking temp tomorrow and see how my basal temp is after all of this.....

hugs

Guest guest

hugs

Guest guest

It sounds like you are getting beyond the crud. That is excellent news. My daughter had it the week before Christmas. The southwest is getting hit with it pretty much right now and it does not sound at all pleasant. I am doing my best to avoid. I did have my flu shot in early October and hope that it provides me with some benefit.

Sandy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

slkscb@... ~ Open RNY 12/8/03, 150 cm, Barix Clinics, 303/290 day of surgery/195 current/ goal is to be HEALTHY. Emergency appendectomy 11/1/04, Gallbladder 1/12/05. "Know your labs and track your trends." AZ Grads join us at: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/AZGRADSOFWLS/

Check out my gastric bypass journal at www.acdlady.com/WLS_1 for many educational links. My OH profile is at http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=M1062876220 I am not affiliated with the medical profession except as a proactive WLS post-op. "Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s." – Wilder

-- Re: Pity party for Topper

Guest guest

It sounds like you are getting beyond the crud. That is excellent news. My daughter had it the week before Christmas. The southwest is getting hit with it pretty much right now and it does not sound at all pleasant. I am doing my best to avoid. I did have my flu shot in early October and hope that it provides me with some benefit.

Sandy

slkscb@... ~ Open RNY 12/8/03, 150 cm, Barix Clinics, 303/290 day of surgery/195 current/ goal is to be HEALTHY. Emergency appendectomy 11/1/04, Gallbladder 1/12/05. "Know your labs and track your trends." AZ Grads join us at: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/AZGRADSOFWLS/

Check out my gastric bypass journal at www.acdlady.com/WLS_1 for many educational links. My OH profile is at http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=M1062876220 I am not affiliated with the medical profession except as a proactive WLS post-op. "Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s." – Wilder

Guest guest

Sandy

Guest guest

You are absolutely right, Kathy. The body does ALL it's repairs in the

sleep and, while sick, can't take care of a virus, either cold or flu. This

is not a sterile world, and some things can even blow in under a strong

wind. We have viruses and such crawling all over our bodies all the time,

and that's what our immune systems fight. It will never be perfect here,

with this, but one thing I know--if we don't rest and literally lay down in

bed, it doesn't have but half the chance to repair itself. Did you know

that healthcare workers STAY colonized, when they've been giving care for

yrs? Nothing can stop that, but handwashing helps a lot. But even that

doesn't guarantee we'll never catch anything.

> --- topper2@... wrote:

>

> > I've spent a couple of days now chanting... my

> > mantra..... I'm well

> > enough to get sick.... getting sick is a good

> > sign..... but... well...

> > getting sick sucks.

> >

>

> ***** mucho snippage *****

>

> {{{{{{{{{{Topper}}}}}}}}}} I hate to say it, but it

> sounds like you may have the 'flu. If you are running

> a fever of 101, then you are well and truly one sick

> puppy. I'm sorry. I've had a headache all day, but I

> also feel like my BP is up. I'll check it when I get

> home from work tonight in about 2 hours. I haven't

> had the 'flu for about 21 years now, and trust me, I

> haven't missed it a bit. You do not need to turn down

> the thermostat anymore than it is now. I've been

> keeping my house at 65 degrees and it's a little cool.

> Just drink plenty of fluids and keep to your eating

> and dosing schedule and just chill. Getting involved

> in a project won't help, you need to REST, even though

> you don't feel like it. We love you and need you to

> get well as fast as possible.

>

>

> Kathy >^,,^<

> KitzCat146@...

> http://www.chaytongroup.com/modernbill/order/index.php?aid=ka081104

> http://www.heartwarmers4u.com/members/?kitzcat

> kitzcat2001 on Yahoo Messenger

> kitzcat on MSN Messenger

>

> In a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats. - English Proverb

Guest guest

You are absolutely right, Kathy. The body does ALL it's repairs in the

sleep and, while sick, can't take care of a virus, either cold or flu. This

is not a sterile world, and some things can even blow in under a strong

wind. We have viruses and such crawling all over our bodies all the time,

and that's what our immune systems fight. It will never be perfect here,

with this, but one thing I know--if we don't rest and literally lay down in

bed, it doesn't have but half the chance to repair itself. Did you know

that healthcare workers STAY colonized, when they've been giving care for

yrs? Nothing can stop that, but handwashing helps a lot. But even that

doesn't guarantee we'll never catch anything.

> --- topper2@... wrote:

>

> > I've spent a couple of days now chanting... my

> > mantra..... I'm well

> > enough to get sick.... getting sick is a good

> > sign..... but... well...

> > getting sick sucks.

> >

>

> ***** mucho snippage *****

>

> {{{{{{{{{{Topper}}}}}}}}}} I hate to say it, but it

> sounds like you may have the 'flu. If you are running

> a fever of 101, then you are well and truly one sick

> puppy. I'm sorry. I've had a headache all day, but I

> also feel like my BP is up. I'll check it when I get

> home from work tonight in about 2 hours. I haven't

> had the 'flu for about 21 years now, and trust me, I

> haven't missed it a bit. You do not need to turn down

> the thermostat anymore than it is now. I've been

> keeping my house at 65 degrees and it's a little cool.

> Just drink plenty of fluids and keep to your eating

> and dosing schedule and just chill. Getting involved

> in a project won't help, you need to REST, even though

> you don't feel like it. We love you and need you to

> get well as fast as possible.

>

>

> Kathy >^,,^<

> KitzCat146@...

> http://www.chaytongroup.com/modernbill/order/index.php?aid=ka081104

> http://www.heartwarmers4u.com/members/?kitzcat

> kitzcat2001 on Yahoo Messenger