RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

good morning

Rate this topic

Guest guest

She finally figured out by a nurse that it was caused by sex. She had the Dr give her a prescrition to take next day

YEP<

That's a definite, tried that for a long time, the problem is that my body has stopped responding to the med.'s.........ones that work for a while no longer help. Then we move on to the next one. And so forth.

I have developed allergies to almost everything!

Guest guest

She finally figured out by a nurse that it was caused by sex. She had the Dr give her a prescrition to take next day

YEP<

That's a definite, tried that for a long time, the problem is that my body has stopped responding to the med.'s.........ones that work for a while no longer help. Then we move on to the next one. And so forth.

Guest guest

YEP<

Guest guest

But I haven't had any infections since I started taking my nitrofurantoin everyday.

What is nitrofurantion?

I am taking the topamax, and xanax and tolerating it. Levaquin for the UTI's, but have to take the xanax with it! Get this, I can't even take Diflucan for the yeast infections, it makes me break out in blisters, it took two years to figure that one out!

Guest guest

But I haven't had any infections since I started taking my nitrofurantoin everyday.

What is nitrofurantion?

I am taking the topamax, and xanax and tolerating it. Levaquin for the UTI's, but have to take the xanax with it! Get this, I can't even take Diflucan for the yeast infections, it makes me break out in blisters, it took two years to figure that one out!

Guest guest

What is nitrofurantion?

Guest guest

Make sure theytest to see if you have thyroid antibodies and yourFree T3 and Free T4. Then tell us what the results areto make sure your doctor is on top of things!Marlena

I've got to go back and talk to her again, after the TSH came back to low, she didn't even address the issue, or order more tests. My primary Dr. had done this a couple of years ago when it first showed up, and did so very aggressively but all of the sudden every thing went back to normal. This time, it wasn't even acknowledged until I questioned it. Like I said, I spend so much time in there just trying to deal with the bladder I guess like they feel I have enough "issues." I will push for more testing. Think I will make an appointment with the primary instead of the nurse practitioner and talk to him about it!

Thanks for your help!

And I will post!

Lorrie

Guest guest

Make sure theytest to see if you have thyroid antibodies and yourFree T3 and Free T4. Then tell us what the results areto make sure your doctor is on top of things!Marlena

I've got to go back and talk to her again, after the TSH came back to low, she didn't even address the issue, or order more tests. My primary Dr. had done this a couple of years ago when it first showed up, and did so very aggressively but all of the sudden every thing went back to normal. This time, it wasn't even acknowledged until I questioned it. Like I said, I spend so much time in there just trying to deal with the bladder I guess like they feel I have enough "issues." I will push for more testing. Think I will make an appointment with the primary instead of the nurse practitioner and talk to him about it!

Thanks for your help!

And I will post!

Lorrie

Guest guest

Marlena

Well,

At least we can laugh,

Haven't had to worry about Birth Control in many years. Of course I get infections so often from sex, I don't have to worry about sex either. My poor hubby!

Guest guest

Marlena

Well,

At least we can laugh,

Haven't had to worry about Birth Control in many years. Of course I get infections so often from sex, I don't have to worry about sex either. My poor hubby!

Guest guest

Marlena

Well,

At least we can laugh,

Guest guest

Dear Lorrie,

I am also Hyper. I am still learning about the "Math" end of thyroid disorders; ie, test levels and ranges. However, I am near certain that you are hyper, and probably need to be on antithyroid medication and, possibly, a beta blocker--depending on what your resting heart rate is. I remember having horrible, free-floating anxiety when I was in a hyper state. I, too, had chronic bladder infections.

Today, I take Methimazole and Propanolol; the former suppresses the thyroid, the latter cools the jets of my heart. I have resisted radiation for the last 10 years and I intend to continue my resistance toward this treatment. My current doctor is contacting my endo to see if he can experiment with my meds, as I'm still not feeling up to par and have difficult gall bladder issues.

There are many difficulties in dealing with thyroid problems; its understudied, misread as other diseases, too often blown-off by doctors, and mistreated by those who should be expert. If I were you, I would ask why your thyroid isn't being more aggressively treated and, then, seriously study the ramifications of each treatment available to you--meds, surgery, radiation. In the meantime, tell your doctor that you feel your anxiety, irritation, and racing heart are classic symptoms of a Hyper Status, and therefore, you'd like to learn more about beta blockers and antithyroid meds for the immediate time frame. There's no use suffering longer than you have to.

I hope this helps.

My best wishes,

Caroline

NOCANCHEW@... wrote:

Hi All,

I'm sitting here quietly just trying to figure out my situation.

My TSH is low, they know it, and say that I am over active, which I assume makes me Hyper, they did tests about 2 years ago, all of them, don't even remember the results. They scared me to death initially, then all the sudden the results all went back to normal. The DR's answer to this. Must have been a virus. Well, I started feeling weird again, just kind of like my heart is always racing, had them rerun the tests. They came back low. That was it. No additional testing required, no med.'s ordered nothing.

My mom had recently, had this talk with me, about my attitude. She thought I might need some hormones, thought I was "snappy, or overly agitated," since reading up, I think I understand why. Recently when I was in the office I asked the Dr. about the Low reading of the TSH on the report since it was never addressed, and she told me that she should probably send me to an endo and have it zapped, but since I respond so poorly to medicine and every other procedure they do anyway, she thought we might ought to leave well enough alone.

I have chronic, every month, or every other week, Bladder Infections. They can't seem to stop them anymore. This has been going on for 20 years. They are looking into a biopsy in the near future. I just don't know what to do, if I should push another issue or not.

At this point, I am taking Topamax, for migraines, and xanax, just to try and control the racing feeling, I get. I kept telling them that the antibiotics they were giving me for all the infections were making me feel like my heart was running away with me, I guess it may have been the thyroid afterall. I don't hear many of you talking about being hyper, but I am afraid, if I let them destroy the gland I will be in worse shape. I have been fighting my weight for many years, and have finally managed to lose almost 70 pounds with low carb dieting. I don't want to put it back on or make things any worse.

Any input, I don't have labs to give you,

Thanks for any advice you might have,

Lorrie

Guest guest

Dear Lorrie,

I am also Hyper. I am still learning about the "Math" end of thyroid disorders; ie, test levels and ranges. However, I am near certain that you are hyper, and probably need to be on antithyroid medication and, possibly, a beta blocker--depending on what your resting heart rate is. I remember having horrible, free-floating anxiety when I was in a hyper state. I, too, had chronic bladder infections.

Today, I take Methimazole and Propanolol; the former suppresses the thyroid, the latter cools the jets of my heart. I have resisted radiation for the last 10 years and I intend to continue my resistance toward this treatment. My current doctor is contacting my endo to see if he can experiment with my meds, as I'm still not feeling up to par and have difficult gall bladder issues.

There are many difficulties in dealing with thyroid problems; its understudied, misread as other diseases, too often blown-off by doctors, and mistreated by those who should be expert. If I were you, I would ask why your thyroid isn't being more aggressively treated and, then, seriously study the ramifications of each treatment available to you--meds, surgery, radiation. In the meantime, tell your doctor that you feel your anxiety, irritation, and racing heart are classic symptoms of a Hyper Status, and therefore, you'd like to learn more about beta blockers and antithyroid meds for the immediate time frame. There's no use suffering longer than you have to.

I hope this helps.

My best wishes,

Caroline

NOCANCHEW@... wrote:

Hi All,

My TSH is low, they know it, and say that I am over active, which I assume makes me Hyper, they did tests about 2 years ago, all of them, don't even remember the results. They scared me to death initially, then all the sudden the results all went back to normal. The DR's answer to this. Must have been a virus. Well, I started feeling weird again, just kind of like my heart is always racing, had them rerun the tests. They came back low. That was it. No additional testing required, no med.'s ordered nothing.

My mom had recently, had this talk with me, about my attitude. She thought I might need some hormones, thought I was "snappy, or overly agitated," since reading up, I think I understand why. Recently when I was in the office I asked the Dr. about the Low reading of the TSH on the report since it was never addressed, and she told me that she should probably send me to an endo and have it zapped, but since I respond so poorly to medicine and every other procedure they do anyway, she thought we might ought to leave well enough alone.

I have chronic, every month, or every other week, Bladder Infections. They can't seem to stop them anymore. This has been going on for 20 years. They are looking into a biopsy in the near future. I just don't know what to do, if I should push another issue or not.

At this point, I am taking Topamax, for migraines, and xanax, just to try and control the racing feeling, I get. I kept telling them that the antibiotics they were giving me for all the infections were making me feel like my heart was running away with me, I guess it may have been the thyroid afterall. I don't hear many of you talking about being hyper, but I am afraid, if I let them destroy the gland I will be in worse shape. I have been fighting my weight for many years, and have finally managed to lose almost 70 pounds with low carb dieting. I don't want to put it back on or make things any worse.

Lorrie

Guest guest

Dear Lorrie,

I hope this helps.

My best wishes,

Caroline

NOCANCHEW@... wrote:

Hi All,

Lorrie

Guest guest

My thyroid issues preceded the chronic bladder problem. About 8 years ago, I started getting the chronic UTI's and bladder infections. I was treated with antibiotics for them. After a fashion, the bladder problem seemed to abate on its own. I do not seem to be exhibiting any other auto immune diseases, however, my thyroid disease has been very stubborn.

In my very humble opinion, if someone has a thyroid disorder, they should consider that it is at the root of their other problems. I've noticed that when my thyroid hormone is in balance then other ailments seem to be alleviated. However, I have found--as with many others on this site--that doctors seem to over or under treat the disease, making good health inconsistent. I'm not sure what breeds this "extreme" reaction toward thyroid patients, but the cultural response of many in the medical community is truly disturbing--and sometimes irresponsible. I've grown from a compliant patient to an inquisitive, self-protective and demanding "client." It is one of the reasons why I am grateful for the efforts of my new GP. He is the first doctor in 10 years who has offered to take action, question another doctor's opinion, and understand why I am opposed to radiation.

I hope this information helps.

Caroline

NOCANCHEW@... wrote:

Thanks Caroline for your reply!

Do you think that your bladder issues have anything to do with the thyroid problems?

How are they treating that problem?

What came first the bladder or the thyroid? Do you have any other auto immune issues?

Lorrie

Guest guest

Lorrie,

I do not know much about thyroid but I know more about Topomax and Zanax. Both will lower your intelligence and give you problems with focus, memory and thinking. They will also adversely effect your personality by making it less appealing--maybe flat. There are other better choices for the same problems. Good luck.

Marilyn

NOCANCHEW@... wrote:

Hi All,

Lorrie

Guest guest

Lorrie,

I do not know much about thyroid but I know more about Topomax and Zanax. Both will lower your intelligence and give you problems with focus, memory and thinking. They will also adversely effect your personality by making it less appealing--maybe flat. There are other better choices for the same problems. Good luck.

Marilyn

NOCANCHEW@... wrote:

Hi All,

Lorrie

Guest guest

Well, its definitely only an opinion--simply a hunch. While I know what my experience has been, I recommend that you trust your own instincts. Understand that it seems that even the doctors aren't sure if there is a "chicken and egg" dynamic with thyroid disease. What is apparent, however, is that thyroid disease seems to run concurrent with other illnesses. At this point, I'm not sure you'll be able to best treat yourself in finding the absolute root cause. Right now, you should look into getting the racing heart under control. That will also help with your sense of focus.

I can really commiserate with you over the constant consultation with doctors. It is expensive, draining, and worrisome. They seem to contradict each other and I'm stunned by a pervasive tendency to speak as opposed to listen. As a writer, I was trained to listen. I was told that can't learn anything if you're running your mouth. Therefore, observe and listen, first--and hard. If you find your doctor is not willing to listen and to be part detective, then you may have some real problems. Thyroid disease is more complicated than taking a pill and checking in with the doctor every six months.

I hope this helps.

CSA2

NOCANCHEW@... wrote:

In my very humble opinion, if someone has a thyroid disorder, they should consider that it is at the root of their other problems. I've noticed that when my thyroid hormone is in balance then other ailments seem to be alleviated

Not sure what to make of that,

It seems that, I've had something going wrong for so long, and the thyroid seems to be the latest. The bladder started as a child, then the positive ANA, with the fybromyalgia. I just don't know where to start. I had 3 surgeries last year to remove my navel as it had been getting infected and draining since my hysterectomy 7 years ago. When I did finally get to a surgeon he had a fit and couldn't believe it, but there again. It seems I spend most of my time running from Dr. to Dr. and never getting anywhere. Could it be that the thyroid was the culprit all along and just lying dormit, they sure tested it often enough, as I was overweight, and depressed?

Guest guest

Well, its definitely only an opinion--simply a hunch. While I know what my experience has been, I recommend that you trust your own instincts. Understand that it seems that even the doctors aren't sure if there is a "chicken and egg" dynamic with thyroid disease. What is apparent, however, is that thyroid disease seems to run concurrent with other illnesses. At this point, I'm not sure you'll be able to best treat yourself in finding the absolute root cause. Right now, you should look into getting the racing heart under control. That will also help with your sense of focus.

I can really commiserate with you over the constant consultation with doctors. It is expensive, draining, and worrisome. They seem to contradict each other and I'm stunned by a pervasive tendency to speak as opposed to listen. As a writer, I was trained to listen. I was told that can't learn anything if you're running your mouth. Therefore, observe and listen, first--and hard. If you find your doctor is not willing to listen and to be part detective, then you may have some real problems. Thyroid disease is more complicated than taking a pill and checking in with the doctor every six months.

I hope this helps.

CSA2

NOCANCHEW@... wrote:

In my very humble opinion, if someone has a thyroid disorder, they should consider that it is at the root of their other problems. I've noticed that when my thyroid hormone is in balance then other ailments seem to be alleviated

It seems that, I've had something going wrong for so long, and the thyroid seems to be the latest. The bladder started as a child, then the positive ANA, with the fybromyalgia. I just don't know where to start. I had 3 surgeries last year to remove my navel as it had been getting infected and draining since my hysterectomy 7 years ago. When I did finally get to a surgeon he had a fit and couldn't believe it, but there again. It seems I spend most of my time running from Dr. to Dr. and never getting anywhere. Could it be that the thyroid was the culprit all along and just lying dormit, they sure tested it often enough, as I was overweight, and depressed?

Guest guest

I hope this helps.

CSA2

NOCANCHEW@... wrote:

Guest guest

Well, at least the fibromyalgia diagnosis is associated with the antibodies from autoimmune thryoid

diseases even before the thryoid function gets to the point of "needing" to be treated. Of course,

now there are doctors recommending treatment even when the TSH levels are in the normal range

if the antibodies are present and the patient has any of a number of other complaints (including

body pain, high cholesterol, and some others).

Georgia

-----Original Message-----From: The_Thyroid_Support_Group [mailto:The_Thyroid_Support_Group ]On Behalf Of Carolyn AguilaSent: Monday, August 08, 2005 10:35 AMTo: The_Thyroid_Support_Group Subject: Re: Good Morning[scanned]

Well, its definitely only an opinion--simply a hunch. While I know what my experience has been, I recommend that you trust your own instincts. Understand that it seems that even the doctors aren't sure if there is a "chicken and egg" dynamic with thyroid disease. What is apparent, however, is that thyroid disease seems to run concurrent with other illnesses. At this point, I'm not sure you'll be able to best treat yourself in finding the absolute root cause.

Guest guest

Well, at least the fibromyalgia diagnosis is associated with the antibodies from autoimmune thryoid

diseases even before the thryoid function gets to the point of "needing" to be treated. Of course,

now there are doctors recommending treatment even when the TSH levels are in the normal range

if the antibodies are present and the patient has any of a number of other complaints (including

body pain, high cholesterol, and some others).

Georgia

-----Original Message-----From: The_Thyroid_Support_Group [mailto:The_Thyroid_Support_Group ]On Behalf Of Carolyn AguilaSent: Monday, August 08, 2005 10:35 AMTo: The_Thyroid_Support_Group Subject: Re: Good Morning[scanned]

Well, its definitely only an opinion--simply a hunch. While I know what my experience has been, I recommend that you trust your own instincts. Understand that it seems that even the doctors aren't sure if there is a "chicken and egg" dynamic with thyroid disease. What is apparent, however, is that thyroid disease seems to run concurrent with other illnesses. At this point, I'm not sure you'll be able to best treat yourself in finding the absolute root cause.