RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Bummed after visit w/ Surgical Oncologist (long, sorry)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I know that feeling. You get so tired of going to them, you appreciate them but tired of seeing them. Good luck.

ren

Guest guest

I don't know, a cruise sounds very special to me. They're not terribly expensive, they have the greatest food on the planet on board, lots of ways to exercise or relax depending on your preference and I love the ocean.

I'm kind of rushing through emails today so am not responding to a lot. I need to absorb some things sometimes. I'm at my husband's work using his retired secretary's computer right now. I'm also answering the phones for him. I'm only here because I have a doc appointment to get my tube removed at 10:45, and my pet appointment is at 3:15. I am so sick of going to doctors.gina kindorf wrote:

what made you think of a cruise?--- rendurall@... wrote:> count me in I want to come too!> > Hey I think we should all meet and go on a cruise> together.> > ren> __________________________________ Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 http://mail.yahoo.com

LICS

June

Be who you are, say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Suess

Guest guest

I don't know, a cruise sounds very special to me. They're not terribly expensive, they have the greatest food on the planet on board, lots of ways to exercise or relax depending on your preference and I love the ocean.

I'm kind of rushing through emails today so am not responding to a lot. I need to absorb some things sometimes. I'm at my husband's work using his retired secretary's computer right now. I'm also answering the phones for him. I'm only here because I have a doc appointment to get my tube removed at 10:45, and my pet appointment is at 3:15. I am so sick of going to doctors.gina kindorf wrote:

what made you think of a cruise?--- rendurall@... wrote:> count me in I want to come too!> > Hey I think we should all meet and go on a cruise> together.> > ren> __________________________________ Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 http://mail.yahoo.com

LICS

June

Be who you are, say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Suess

Guest guest

LICS

June

Guest guest

Say WHAT???gina kindorf wrote:

wish i was dead--- gina kindorf wrote:> what made you think of a cruise?> > > > > > --- rendurall@... wrote:> > > count me in I want to come too!> > > > Hey I think we should all meet and go on a cruise> > together.> > > > ren> > > > > > > __________________________________ > Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 > http://mail.yahoo.com> __________________________________ Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 http://mail.yahoo.com

LICS

June

Guest guest

Say WHAT???gina kindorf wrote:

wish i was dead--- gina kindorf wrote:> what made you think of a cruise?> > > > > > --- rendurall@... wrote:> > > count me in I want to come too!> > > > Hey I think we should all meet and go on a cruise> > together.> > > > ren> > > > > > > __________________________________ > Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 > http://mail.yahoo.com> __________________________________ Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 http://mail.yahoo.com

LICS

June

Guest guest

Okay, is someone impersonating ?gina kindorf wrote:

have to admit,,you had me going.. fuck--- Equiladie wrote:> Thanks , it helps to know other people have been> through it.> > gina kindorf wrote:June,> > I had 28 rads, you may get a burn from it as the> treatments go on. But other than feeling tired is> only> thing i expericenced with radiation. And it goes> real> fast. No need to be afraid of radiation. I nevere> had> chemo, so can't tell you anything about that.> gina> > > > --- charles svihlik wrote:> > > June,> > I think it would be great to go some where special> > after your treatment is over. You deserve it. Let> > some of the relatives

come to you for a change!> > Hugs> > nne> > Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Life> >>http://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.html> > > > Check out my breast cancer ornaments at:> >> http://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.html> > also check out my other ornaments and lots of nice> > gifts at:> > http://www.cancerclub.com> > RE: "Bummed" after> > visit w/ Surgical Oncologist (long, sorry)> > > > > > LOL Ingrid, I want my own Dori. I was about> > to post an update on myself. I saw the oncologist> > for the first time today. Has anyone else tried> > anything other than chemo? Don't get upset, just> > thought I'd ask. I was really upbeat until today.> > > I mean not that she thought my chances were poor> or> > anything, she was really encouraging actually. I> > guess the reality just hit me. I'm not familiar> > with all the terms yet but I'll start chemo on Oct> > 20th, which she's not happy with but we already> have> > a planned trip to AR and won't be back until

the> > 18th. Tomorrow I go in for a pet to make sure I> > don't have any other cancer problems lurking about> > and next week they're going to check and make sure> > my heart is strong enough to handle the chemo> > treatments she's choosing for me. So, it'll be> > chemo every 3 weeks for about 6 or 7 months, the 7> > weeks of radiation. I don't know which I'm more> > frightened of. > > > > LICS > > June > > "Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only> be> > achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein > > > > -----> > Hello Ladies,> > >

> Well I have 3 rounds of A/C down and #4> > scheduled for next Tuesday. > > I just left the surgeons office and he> wants> > me to have 4 rounds of > > Taxol also before surgery. My medical> (read> > chemo) Oncologist said I > > would only need Taxol if the the sentinal> > node biopsy was not clear.> > So far my nodes have appeared clear on PET> > scan and on (hands on)> > exam. > > > > Surgeon said if I were 70 he would not do> > taxol but since I am 48 he >

> wanted me to have all the benefit I can> get.> > I suppose he is right. > > Both of these docs work very closely> > together so I am sure she will > > agree. I am still "bummed" though. I was> > hoping to have all this > > done by the end of the year. Guess I> better> > get used to the idea of > > 9 more weeks of toxic drugs, then surgery,> > then 6 1/2 to 8 wks of > > rads.> > > > Surgery, that's another thing. He> originaly> > told me lumpectomy but >

> today said "maybe a lumpectomy, no> > guarantees". In the beginning I > > was prepared for a mastectomy but was> > pleasantly surprised by him > > saying I only needed a lumpectomy. My> tumor> > started at 5.5 cm and is > > now much less that 3 cm. I have a hard> time> > finding it. Well, gotta > > do what I gotta do.> > > > One other thing. I may have a great tip> for> > hair loss. From what I > > understand I should be as bald as a> cucumber> > right now but I am not. >

> As a matter of fact, my hair is actually> > growing. I did have it cut > > short (spiked) shortly after starting> chemo.> > My hair stylist (ha,ha)> > recommended a professional hair care> product> > called Nioxin. I have > > the scalp cleanser and scalp treatment. It> > is made for thinning and > > balding heads. Something we all know> nothing> > about, right? LOL > > Evidently it works for me anyway. It has> > puzzled everyone. It has a > > really pleasant mint fragrance and is very> > cooling.

Wish I had > > started it sooner. The loss of hair> doesn't> > bother me so much, but > > the act of losing it did. The mess and the> > scalp pain. YUK. > > > > I have written too much already for one> > post. Everyone have a great > > day.> > > > "Just keep swimming, Just keep> swimming..."> > -Dori ("Finding Nemo")> > > > (Yes, June I adopted this saying shortly> > after diagnosis 4 months > > ago. I have a talking, plush Dori that> > accompanies me to every >

> treatment, etc.) > > > > Ingrid> > Grandma in Indy> > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

I have a talking, plush Dori that accompanies me to every treatment, etc.)

That was the best thing I have heard all day! Just cracked me up invisioning you walking into a treatment with Dori talking! GREAT IDEA! My hat is off to Ingrid!

Thats just so funny to me

Lynda CAgrandma_in_indy wrote:

Hello Ladies,Well I have 3 rounds of A/C down and #4 scheduled for next Tuesday. I just left the surgeons office and he wants me to have 4 rounds of Taxol also before surgery. My medical (read chemo) Oncologist said I would only need Taxol if the the sentinal node biopsy was not clear.So far my nodes have appeared clear on PET scan and on (hands on)exam. Surgeon said if I were 70 he would not do taxol but since I am 48 he wanted me to have all the benefit I can get. I suppose he is right. Both of these docs work very closely together so I am sure she will agree. I am still "bummed" though. I was hoping to have all this done by the end of the year. Guess I better get used to the idea of 9 more weeks of toxic drugs, then surgery, then 6 1/2 to 8 wks of rads.Surgery, that's another thing. He originaly told me

lumpectomy but today said "maybe a lumpectomy, no guarantees". In the beginning I was prepared for a mastectomy but was pleasantly surprised by him saying I only needed a lumpectomy. My tumor started at 5.5 cm and is now much less that 3 cm. I have a hard time finding it. Well, gotta do what I gotta do.One other thing. I may have a great tip for hair loss. From what I understand I should be as bald as a cucumber right now but I am not. As a matter of fact, my hair is actually growing. I did have it cut short (spiked) shortly after starting chemo. My hair stylist (ha,ha)recommended a professional hair care product called Nioxin. I have the scalp cleanser and scalp treatment. It is made for thinning and balding heads. Something we all know nothing about, right? LOL Evidently it works for me anyway. It has puzzled everyone. It has a really pleasant mint fragrance and is very cooling. Wish I had started it sooner. The loss

of hair doesn't bother me so much, but the act of losing it did. The mess and the scalp pain. YUK. I have written too much already for one post. Everyone have a great day."Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming..." -Dori ("Finding Nemo")(Yes, June I adopted this saying shortly after diagnosis 4 months ago. I have a talking, plush Dori that accompanies me to every treatment, etc.) IngridGrandma in Indy

Yahoo! for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Guest guest

Okay, I want a talking Dori, where do I get one. I really want one. She is one of my all time favorite characters and we have sung her song every time we thought we needed it since we first saw the movie and we saw it as soon as it came out.

LICS June "Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein

-----Original Message-----From: breastcancer2 [mailto:breastcancer2 ]On Behalf Of lynda chittumSent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 5:02 PMTo: breastcancer2 Subject: Re: "Bummed" after visit w/ Surgical Oncologist (long, sorry)

That was the best thing I have heard all day! Just cracked me up invisioning you walking into a treatment with Dori talking! GREAT IDEA! My hat is off to Ingrid!

Hello Ladies,Well I have 3 rounds of A/C down and #4 scheduled for next Tuesday. I just left the surgeons office and he wants me to have 4 rounds of Taxol also before surgery. My medical (read chemo) Oncologist said I would only need Taxol if the the sentinal node biopsy was not clear.So far my nodes have appeared clear on PET scan and on (hands on)exam. Surgeon said if I were 70 he would not do taxol but since I am 48 he wanted me to have all the benefit I can get. I suppose he is right. Both of these docs work very closely together so I am sure she will agree. I am still "bummed" though. I was hoping to have all this done by the end of the year. Guess I better get used to the idea of 9 more weeks of toxic drugs, then surgery, then 6 1/2 to 8 wks of rads.Surgery, that's another thing. He originaly told me lumpectomy but today said "maybe a lumpectomy, no guarantees". In the beginning I was prepared for a mastectomy but was pleasantly surprised by him saying I only needed a lumpectomy. My tumor started at 5.5 cm and is now much less that 3 cm. I have a hard time finding it. Well, gotta do what I gotta do.One other thing. I may have a great tip for hair loss. From what I understand I should be as bald as a cucumber right now but I am not. As a matter of fact, my hair is actually growing. I did have it cut short (spiked) shortly after starting chemo. My hair stylist (ha,ha)recommended a professional hair care product called Nioxin. I have the scalp cleanser and scalp treatment. It is made for thinning and balding heads. Something we all know nothing about, right? LOL Evidently it works for me anyway. It has puzzled everyone. It has a really pleasant mint fragrance and is very cooling. Wish I had started it sooner. The loss of hair doesn't bother me so much, but the act of losing it did. The mess and the scalp pain. YUK. I have written too much already for one post. Everyone have a great day."Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming..." -Dori ("Finding Nemo")(Yes, June I adopted this saying shortly after diagnosis 4 months ago. I have a talking, plush Dori that accompanies me to every treatment, etc.) IngridGrandma in Indy

Yahoo! for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Guest guest

Okay, I want a talking Dori, where do I get one. I really want one. She is one of my all time favorite characters and we have sung her song every time we thought we needed it since we first saw the movie and we saw it as soon as it came out.

LICS June "Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein

-----Original Message-----From: breastcancer2 [mailto:breastcancer2 ]On Behalf Of lynda chittumSent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 5:02 PMTo: breastcancer2 Subject: Re: "Bummed" after visit w/ Surgical Oncologist (long, sorry)

Hello Ladies,Well I have 3 rounds of A/C down and #4 scheduled for next Tuesday. I just left the surgeons office and he wants me to have 4 rounds of Taxol also before surgery. My medical (read chemo) Oncologist said I would only need Taxol if the the sentinal node biopsy was not clear.So far my nodes have appeared clear on PET scan and on (hands on)exam. Surgeon said if I were 70 he would not do taxol but since I am 48 he wanted me to have all the benefit I can get. I suppose he is right. Both of these docs work very closely together so I am sure she will agree. I am still "bummed" though. I was hoping to have all this done by the end of the year. Guess I better get used to the idea of 9 more weeks of toxic drugs, then surgery, then 6 1/2 to 8 wks of rads.Surgery, that's another thing. He originaly told me lumpectomy but today said "maybe a lumpectomy, no guarantees". In the beginning I was prepared for a mastectomy but was pleasantly surprised by him saying I only needed a lumpectomy. My tumor started at 5.5 cm and is now much less that 3 cm. I have a hard time finding it. Well, gotta do what I gotta do.One other thing. I may have a great tip for hair loss. From what I understand I should be as bald as a cucumber right now but I am not. As a matter of fact, my hair is actually growing. I did have it cut short (spiked) shortly after starting chemo. My hair stylist (ha,ha)recommended a professional hair care product called Nioxin. I have the scalp cleanser and scalp treatment. It is made for thinning and balding heads. Something we all know nothing about, right? LOL Evidently it works for me anyway. It has puzzled everyone. It has a really pleasant mint fragrance and is very cooling. Wish I had started it sooner. The loss of hair doesn't bother me so much, but the act of losing it did. The mess and the scalp pain. YUK. I have written too much already for one post. Everyone have a great day."Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming..." -Dori ("Finding Nemo")(Yes, June I adopted this saying shortly after diagnosis 4 months ago. I have a talking, plush Dori that accompanies me to every treatment, etc.) IngridGrandma in Indy

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear June,

One year ago, my oncologist wanted to start chemo immediately - had Scan, + Muga heart scan to see how strong my heart was. Everything was great.

My very good friend's son was getting Bar Mitvah'd - I asked the oncologist: Can't I just go to the party first? I wanted to dance!!!!! (it was about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks past date he chose). He let me go to the party and dance, instead of starting chemo immediately. It was good for my "soul."

Best,

Guest guest

Dear June,

One year ago, my oncologist wanted to start chemo immediately - had Scan, + Muga heart scan to see how strong my heart was. Everything was great.

My very good friend's son was getting Bar Mitvah'd - I asked the oncologist: Can't I just go to the party first? I wanted to dance!!!!! (it was about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks past date he chose). He let me go to the party and dance, instead of starting chemo immediately. It was good for my "soul."

Best,

Guest guest

Dear June,

My bilateral was June 2004, followed by A/C, Taxol and radiation.

My surgeon, along with the reconstructive surgeon, urged me to wait till after radiation to see how my skin reacted to it.

It will be one year this December 21 since I completely finished all my treatments. I've glad I've had the opportunity to think about reconstructing. Yes, everyone wants to know if you're going to; I've also had people "kid" me, saying "You're going to a double D, aren't you?") - I was previously a B.

Funny thing is? Kept saying all this summer - I will wait till fall to make a decision. Now my period has returned after 12 month (chemo-induced menopause) hiatus - just had D & C this past Wednesday, and we meet next week to discuss the biopsy he took of my uterus, along with removing my ovaries in the near future. At the same time, I have second opinion with top heart cardiologist next week to see what this "blockage" could be.

I guess what I'm saying is "you never know" and just when you think you're ready, there's that CURVE ball!

You're going to do fine...

Best,

(NY)

Guest guest

Dear June,

My bilateral was June 2004, followed by A/C, Taxol and radiation.

My surgeon, along with the reconstructive surgeon, urged me to wait till after radiation to see how my skin reacted to it.

It will be one year this December 21 since I completely finished all my treatments. I've glad I've had the opportunity to think about reconstructing. Yes, everyone wants to know if you're going to; I've also had people "kid" me, saying "You're going to a double D, aren't you?") - I was previously a B.

Funny thing is? Kept saying all this summer - I will wait till fall to make a decision. Now my period has returned after 12 month (chemo-induced menopause) hiatus - just had D & C this past Wednesday, and we meet next week to discuss the biopsy he took of my uterus, along with removing my ovaries in the near future. At the same time, I have second opinion with top heart cardiologist next week to see what this "blockage" could be.

I guess what I'm saying is "you never know" and just when you think you're ready, there's that CURVE ball!

You're going to do fine...

Best,

(NY)

Guest guest

Thanks . Yes, I feel it is very important for us to follow through on this trip. Mike and I sat down and figured out the actual date from my surgery and really, it's only a week after she wanted to start. She's a wonderful doctor but I think she's just a little too off on this issue. I think it was more because of scheduling all the tests rush - rush on this. We only have 2 radiology groups that do PET scans in the valley so sometimes it's difficult to get one in less than 3 weeks. I lucked out. Did the PET yesterday, piece of cake. Do the Muga on Monday.

-----Original Message-----From: breastcancer2 [mailto:breastcancer2 ]On Behalf Of ssist@...Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 3:56 AMTo: breastcancer2 Subject: Re: "Bummed" after visit w/ Surgical Oncologist (long, sorry)

Dear June,

Best,

Guest guest

Thanks . Yes, I feel it is very important for us to follow through on this trip. Mike and I sat down and figured out the actual date from my surgery and really, it's only a week after she wanted to start. She's a wonderful doctor but I think she's just a little too off on this issue. I think it was more because of scheduling all the tests rush - rush on this. We only have 2 radiology groups that do PET scans in the valley so sometimes it's difficult to get one in less than 3 weeks. I lucked out. Did the PET yesterday, piece of cake. Do the Muga on Monday.

-----Original Message-----From: breastcancer2 [mailto:breastcancer2 ]On Behalf Of ssist@...Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 3:56 AMTo: breastcancer2 Subject: Re: "Bummed" after visit w/ Surgical Oncologist (long, sorry)

Dear June,

Best,

Guest guest

June, It is good that you are taking this time...and one week shouldn't make alot of difference.

The day before my last treatment my sil died. I went ahead and went to my appointment but told the dr. that I didn't want to do check then because of the trip and funeral. He really wanted to go ahead and do chemo and then make a 400 mile trip (one way). I knew my own body and knew that the funeral would be the day I was sick from the chemo if I did it. I always had chemo on Wednesday and Friday was the worse for me. Anyway I did it my way and had chemo the following Monday. I figured if some people have to wait because their counts are down to low that a few days shouldn't hurt me either.

SharonJune wrote:

Dear June,

Best,

Yahoo! for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Guest guest

Thanks Sharon. Yes, I agree.

-----Original Message-----From: breastcancer2 [mailto:breastcancer2 ]On Behalf Of SharonSent: Friday, September 30, 2005 1:59 PMTo: breastcancer2 Subject: RE: "Bummed" after visit w/ Surgical Oncologist (long, sorry)

June, It is good that you are taking this time...and one week shouldn't make alot of difference.

The day before my last treatment my sil died. I went ahead and went to my appointment but told the dr. that I didn't want to do check then because of the trip and funeral. He really wanted to go ahead and do chemo and then make a 400 mile trip (one way). I knew my own body and knew that the funeral would be the day I was sick from the chemo if I did it. I always had chemo on Wednesday and Friday was the worse for me. Anyway I did it my way and had chemo the following Monday. I figured if some people have to wait because their counts are down to low that a few days shouldn't hurt me either.

SharonJune wrote:

Guest guest

-----Original Message-----From: breastcancer2 [mailto:breastcancer2 ]On Behalf Of SharonSent: Friday, September 30, 2005 1:59 PMTo: breastcancer2 Subject: RE: "Bummed" after visit w/ Surgical Oncologist (long, sorry)

SharonJune wrote:

Guest guest

SharonJune wrote:

Guest guest

I chose to go on a cruise before my surgery or any treatment, you are right it was good for the soul.

ren

Guest guest

I chose to go on a cruise before my surgery or any treatment, you are right it was good for the soul.

ren

Guest guest

I agree with this, it's a shame to have to listen to this. What is saying about this?

ren

Guest guest

hi gang!

--- Equiladie wrote:

> Thanks , it helps to know other people have been

> through it.

>

> gina kindorf wrote:June,

>

> I had 28 rads, you may get a burn from it as the

> treatments go on. But other than feeling tired is

> only

> thing i expericenced with radiation. And it goes

> real

> fast. No need to be afraid of radiation. I nevere

> had

> chemo, so can't tell you anything about that.

> gina

>

>

>

> --- charles svihlik wrote:

>

> > June,

> > I think it would be great to go some where special

> > after your treatment is over. You deserve it. Let

> > some of the relatives come to you for a change!

> > Hugs

> > nne

> > Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Life

> >

>

http://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.html

> >

> > Check out my breast cancer ornaments at:

> >

> http://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.html

> > also check out my other ornaments and lots of nice

> > gifts at:

> > http://www.cancerclub.com

> > RE: " Bummed " after

> > visit w/ Surgical Oncologist (long, sorry)

> >

> >

> > LOL Ingrid, I want my own Dori. I was about

> > to post an update on myself. I saw the oncologist

> > for the first time today. Has anyone else tried

> > anything other than chemo? Don't get upset, just

> > thought I'd ask. I was really upbeat until today.

>

> > I mean not that she thought my chances were poor

> or

> > anything, she was really encouraging actually. I

> > guess the reality just hit me. I'm not familiar

> > with all the terms yet but I'll start chemo on Oct

> > 20th, which she's not happy with but we already

> have

> > a planned trip to AR and won't be back until the

> > 18th. Tomorrow I go in for a pet to make sure I

> > don't have any other cancer problems lurking about

> > and next week they're going to check and make sure