RemedySpot.com

Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with apologies to !

Rate this topic

Guest guest

When our family moved from Michigan to the Los Angeles California area, on the coast--in the middle or orange groves,grapefruit groves and avocados, my father decided to take mymother to the then huge outdoor "farmers' market" in Los Angeles.Mother went nuts, crazy, totally fascinated and enthralled. Myfather practically had to carry her out of there with her oranges,grapefruits, lemons, limes, avocados, tomatoes, peppers, etc.When we got home to our new house with about two acres ofland (back then, in the late 1940s), my father pointed out to herthat we had: an orange grove, avocado grove, and that he, everthe gardening fiend, was planning the vegetable garden and thatthere were even fruit trees.So, my mother asked my father why he had taken her

to thefarmers' market, and he said, "to give you some idea of whatcould be grown here. Then he gently consoled her as allseven of us (my eldest sister was still in Michigan) ate avacados for lunch. My father took us to the Brown Derby Restaurant (no longer there) to dinner. We almost had to resuscitate my mother again after the salad was served: http://www.kitchenproject.com/history/CobbSalad.htmYou get the picture. Sorry, ,Love to you all,nTo: MSersLife Sent: Sat, November 7, 2009 3:37:55 PMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados

Oh please, just stop! I can't take it anymore. I want one of those as well. To: MSersLife Sent: Sat, November 7, 2009 9:57:53 PMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados

I don't get as far as guacamole, I just cut them in 1/2, put some salsa or some garlic/herb dressing in the hole that the oversized seed conveniently leaves, and grab a spoon... ~*~ Akiba~*~ Pragmatic Visionary The World Revolves

around The Sun MY World Revolves around MY Son That which does not kill us Only serves to make us stronger I must be pretty damned strong by now -- veggies!/avocados My absolute fav, Akiba! We make a mean guacamole at my house! Re: about the NARCOMS STUDY/ site, etc.> > > > > > > > > > Yes, but it was busy. I may try again tomorrow.> > At least I got my car, Marco Polo re-registered> > today, and my handicap designated placard, too.> > Now, Marco is no longer looking for a green card!> > (He is a Chevrolet Cavalier sedan, but there are> > a few Japanese parts in him!> > Love to you, Sharon, and to all of you,> > n> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Bing brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one place. > Try it now.> > > > > >

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you SHOULD be sorry, n, just think what you've done to poor ! How could you??? Not to mention what you just did to MY tummy!!!! You mean, mean woman.... ~*~ Akiba~*~ Pragmatic Visionary The World Revolves around The Sun MY World Revolves around MY Son That which does not kill us Only serves to make us stronger I must be pretty damned strong by now -- veggies!/avocados

My absolute fav, Akiba! We make a mean guacamole at my house! Re: about the NARCOMS STUDY/ site, etc.> > > > > > > > > > Yes, but it was busy. I may try again tomorrow.> > At least I got my car, Marco Polo re-registered> > today, and my handicap designated placard, too.> > Now, Marco is no longer looking for a green card!> > (He is a Chevrolet Cavalier sedan, but there are> > a few Japanese parts in him!> > Love to you, Sharon, and to all of you,> > n> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Bing brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one place. > Try it now.> > > > > >

Oh, you people are so bad. You have to remember that I'm on steroids. I ate everything that I see, dream about what I can ate and the problem is that I'm getting a little (okay a lot) fat.Love To: MSersLife Sent: Sun, November 8, 2009 1:50:00 AMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with

apologies to !When our family moved from Michigan to the Los Angeles California area, on the coast--in the middle or orange groves,grapefruit groves and avocados, my father decided to take mymother to the then huge outdoor "farmers' market" in Los Angeles.Mother went nuts, crazy, totally fascinated and enthralled. Myfather practically had to carry her out of there with her oranges,grapefruits, lemons, limes, avocados, tomatoes, peppers, etc.When we got home to our new house with about two acres ofland (back then, in the late 1940s), my father pointed out to herthat we had: an orange grove, avocado grove, and that he, everthe gardening fiend, was planning the vegetable garden and thatthere were even fruit trees.So, my mother asked my father why he

had taken her

to thefarmers' market, and he said, "to give you some idea of whatcould be grown here. Then he gently consoled her as allseven of us (my eldest sister was still in Michigan) ate avacados for lunch. My father took us to the Brown Derby Restaurant (no longer there) to dinner. We almost had to resuscitate my mother again after the salad was served: http://www.kitchenproject.com/history/CobbSalad.htmYou get the picture. Sorry, ,Love to you all,nTo: MSersLife Sent: Sat, November 7, 2009 3:37:55 PMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados

Oh please, just stop! I can't take it anymore. I want one of those as well. To: MSersLife Sent: Sat, November 7, 2009 9:57:53 PMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados

I don't get as far as guacamole, I just cut them in 1/2, put some salsa or some garlic/herb dressing in the hole that the oversized seed conveniently leaves, and grab a spoon... ~*~ Akiba~*~ Pragmatic Visionary The World Revolves

around The Sun MY World Revolves around MY Son That which does not kill us Only serves to make us stronger I must be pretty damned strong by now -- veggies!/avocados My absolute fav, Akiba! We make a mean guacamole at my house! Re: about the NARCOMS STUDY/ site, etc.> > > > > > > > > > Yes, but it was busy. I may try again tomorrow.> > At least I got my car, Marco Polo re-registered> > today, and my handicap designated placard, too.> > Now, Marco is no longer looking for a green card!> > (He is a Chevrolet Cavalier sedan, but there are> > a few Japanese parts in him!> > Love to you, Sharon, and to all of you,> > n> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Bing brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one place. > Try it now.> > > > > >

Well, I do feel sorry for , but maybe she cantell us about some good things where she lives, sothe rest of us can feel envious!Love to , Akiba, Dan, all here in our group,n

Uh! Oh! Let us know when you are OFF those 'roids, andwe can talk about something else--pets, for example, forthe duration of your time on steroids!Love, and giggles, too,nTo: MSersLife Sent: Sat, November 7, 2009 4:13:46 PMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with apologies to !

Oh, you people are so bad. You have to remember that I'm on steroids. I ate everything that I see, dream about what I can ate and the problem is that I'm getting a little (okay a lot) fat.Love From: marion j rojas <marionjrojas2002@ yahoo.com>To: MSersLife@yahoogrou ps.comSent: Sun, November 8, 2009 1:50:00 AMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados, more

ancecdotes about them, with

apologies to !When our family moved from Michigan to the Los Angeles California area, on the coast--in the middle or orange groves,grapefruit groves and avocados, my father decided to take mymother to the then huge outdoor "farmers' market" in Los Angeles.Mother went nuts, crazy, totally fascinated and enthralled. Myfather practically had to carry her out of there with her oranges,grapefruits, lemons, limes, avocados, tomatoes, peppers, etc.When we got home to our new house with about two acres ofland (back then, in the late 1940s), my father pointed out to herthat we had: an orange grove, avocado grove, and that he, everthe gardening fiend, was planning the vegetable garden and thatthere were even fruit trees.So, my mother asked my father why he

had taken her

to thefarmers' market, and he said, "to give you some idea of whatcould be grown here. Then he gently consoled her as allseven of us (my eldest sister was still in Michigan) ate avacados for lunch. My father took us to the Brown Derby Restaurant (no longer there) to dinner. We almost had to resuscitate my mother again after the salad was served: http://www.kitchenproject.com/history/CobbSalad.htmYou get the picture. Sorry, ,Love to you all,nFrom: Breytenbach <lauramosselbay@ yahoo.com>To: MSersLife@yahoogrou ps.comSent: Sat, November 7, 2009 3:37:55 PMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados

Oh please, just stop! I can't take it anymore. I want one of those as well. To: MSersLife@yahoogrou ps.comSent: Sat, November 7, 2009 9:57:53 PMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados

My mouth is absolutely watering, n! Great article!I always recalled the name of the Brown Derby as a famous restaurant where Lucy and Ethel ate at when the I Love Lucy show went to Hollywood! I can relate to your Mom!love and hugs, Kate Re: about the NARCOMS STUDY/ site, etc.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yes, but it was busy. I may try again tomorrow.> > > > At least I got my car, Marco Polo re-registered> > > > today, and my handicap designated placard, too.> > > > Now, Marco is no longer looking for a green card!> > > > (He is a Chevrolet Cavalier sedan, but there are> > > > a few Japanese parts in him!> > > > Love to you, Sharon, and to all of you,> > > > n> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Bing brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one > place. > > Try it now.> > > > > > > > > > > > >

I love it, I'd love a magnet that said that, where did you get it? I think mine would have to go on the fridge, I think it would vanish mysteriously from my door lol.... ~*~ Akiba~*~ Pragmatic Visionary The World Revolves around The Sun MY World Revolves around MY Son That which does not kill us Only serves to make us stronger I must be pretty damned strong by now -- Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with apologies to ! I have a magnet on my front door that say that very thing.Church people and cops seem to get a kick out of it.Come to the darkside...We have cookies!

Well it is too funny...I'll be on the lookout for one... ~*~ Akiba~*~ Pragmatic Visionary The World Revolves around The Sun MY World Revolves around MY Son That which does not kill us Only serves to make us stronger I must be pretty damned strong by now -- Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with apologies to ! Our friend got it for us when he went on vacation...not sure exactlywhere though.

I'll keep my eye out for one too...maybe I will stumble upon one

somewhere, you never know.

> Well it is too funny...I'll be on the lookout for one...

>

>

>

> ~*~ Akiba~*~

>

> Pragmatic Visionary

>

> The World Revolves around The Sun

>

> MY World Revolves around MY Son

>

> That which does not kill us

>

> Only serves to make us stronger

>

> I must be pretty damned strong by now

>

>

>

>

>

> -- Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with

> apologies to !

>

>

>

>

>

> Our friend got it for us when he went on vacation...not sure exactly

>

> where though.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

--

Jolie

And we pray X 4 Everyday X 4

Haters can keep on hating...

:)

Fortunately, we have everything you have. LOL But the fact that you always have to talk about food and all other goodies, it's so unfair. An avo costs abut R10 these days, it's about $1.33. Not sure if you consider that expensive, but we do. So I am just allowed to look at it. And somehow they all know my name. So you can just imagine how much fun it is when the avos keep calling me. LOLTake care you happy people, and please, no food!!!LoveFrom: marion

j rojas To: MSersLife Sent: Sun, November 8, 2009 2:25:40 AMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with apologies to !

Well, I do feel sorry for , but maybe she cantell us about some good things where she lives, sothe rest of us can feel envious!Love to , Akiba, Dan, all here in our group,n

Fortunately, we have everything you have. LOL But the fact that you always have to talk about food and all other goodies, it's so unfair. An avo costs abut R10 these days, it's about $1.33. Not sure if you consider that expensive, but we do. So I am just allowed to look at it. And somehow they all know my name. So you can just imagine how much fun it is when the avos keep calling me. LOLTake care you happy people, and please, no food!!!LoveFrom: marion

j rojas To: MSersLife Sent: Sun, November 8, 2009 2:25:40 AMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with apologies to !

Unfortunately, the 'roids isn't the problem. I'm always hungry. LOL It's one of my favorite hobbies. I haven't taken a pill today, so hopefully the dizziness won't bother me too much. It really helps. To: MSersLife Sent: Sun, November 8, 2009 2:30:17 AMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with apologies to !

Uh! Oh! Let us know when you are OFF those 'roids, andwe can talk about something else--pets, for example, forthe duration of your time on steroids!Love, and giggles, too,nFrom: Breytenbach <lauramosselbay@ yahoo.com>To: MSersLife@yahoogrou ps.comSent: Sat, November 7, 2009 4:13:46 PMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with apologies to !

Oh, you people are so bad. You have to remember that I'm on steroids. I ate everything that I see, dream about what I can ate and the problem is that I'm getting a little (okay a lot) fat.Love From: marion j rojas <marionjrojas2002@ yahoo.com>To: MSersLife@yahoogrou ps.comSent: Sun, November 8, 2009 1:50:00 AMSubject: Re:

veggies!/avocados, more

had taken her

to thefarmers' market, and he said, "to give you some idea of whatcould be grown here. Then he gently consoled her as allseven of us (my eldest sister was still in Michigan) ate avacados for lunch. My father took us to the Brown Derby Restaurant (no longer there) to dinner. We almost had to resuscitate my mother again after the salad was served: http://www.kitchenp roject.com/ history/CobbSala d.htmYou get the picture. Sorry, ,Love to you all,nFrom: Breytenbach <lauramosselbay@

yahoo.com>To: MSersLife@yahoogrou ps.comSent: Sat, November 7, 2009 3:37:55 PMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados

Oh please, just stop! I can't take it anymore. I want one of those as well. To: MSersLife@yahoogrou ps.comSent: Sat, November 7, 2009 9:57:53 PMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados

Unfortunately, the 'roids isn't the problem. I'm always hungry. LOL It's one of my favorite hobbies. I haven't taken a pill today, so hopefully the dizziness won't bother me too much. It really helps. To: MSersLife Sent: Sun, November 8, 2009 2:30:17 AMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with apologies to !

Uh! Oh! Let us know when you are OFF those 'roids, andwe can talk about something else--pets, for example, forthe duration of your time on steroids!Love, and giggles, too,nFrom: Breytenbach <lauramosselbay@ yahoo.com>To: MSersLife@yahoogrou ps.comSent: Sat, November 7, 2009 4:13:46 PMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with apologies to !

Oh, you people are so bad. You have to remember that I'm on steroids. I ate everything that I see, dream about what I can ate and the problem is that I'm getting a little (okay a lot) fat.Love From: marion j rojas <marionjrojas2002@ yahoo.com>To: MSersLife@yahoogrou ps.comSent: Sun, November 8, 2009 1:50:00 AMSubject: Re:

veggies!/avocados, more

had taken her

to thefarmers' market, and he said, "to give you some idea of whatcould be grown here. Then he gently consoled her as allseven of us (my eldest sister was still in Michigan) ate avacados for lunch. My father took us to the Brown Derby Restaurant (no longer there) to dinner. We almost had to resuscitate my mother again after the salad was served: http://www.kitchenp roject.com/ history/CobbSala d.htmYou get the picture. Sorry, ,Love to you all,nFrom: Breytenbach <lauramosselbay@

yahoo.com>To: MSersLife@yahoogrou ps.comSent: Sat, November 7, 2009 3:37:55 PMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados

They cost even more here in Northern California!(sniff, sniff, licking my paws),Love to you, ,nTo: MSersLife Sent: Sun, November 8, 2009 11:35:11 AMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with

apologies to !

j rojas <marionjrojas2002@ yahoo.com>To: MSersLife@yahoogrou ps.comSent: Sun, November 8, 2009 2:25:40 AMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with apologies to !

They cost even more here in Northern California!(sniff, sniff, licking my paws),Love to you, ,nTo: MSersLife Sent: Sun, November 8, 2009 11:35:11 AMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with

apologies to !

j rojas <marionjrojas2002@ yahoo.com>To: MSersLife@yahoogrou ps.comSent: Sun, November 8, 2009 2:25:40 AMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with apologies to !

1.33??? I'd be delighted!!! I get them for $2.50 and have seen them for as much as $4.50. So maybe YOU should send ME some! ~*~ Akiba~*~ Pragmatic Visionary The World Revolves around The Sun MY World Revolves around MY Son That which does not kill us Only serves to make us stronger I must be pretty damned strong by now -- Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with apologies to ! Well, I do feel sorry for , but maybe she cantell us about some good things where she lives, sothe rest of us can feel envious!Love to , Akiba, Dan, all here in our group,n

1.33??? I'd be delighted!!! I get them for $2.50 and have seen them for as much as $4.50. So maybe YOU should send ME some! ~*~ Akiba~*~ Pragmatic Visionary The World Revolves around The Sun MY World Revolves around MY Son That which does not kill us Only serves to make us stronger I must be pretty damned strong by now -- Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with apologies to ! Well, I do feel sorry for , but maybe she cantell us about some good things where she lives, sothe rest of us can feel envious!Love to , Akiba, Dan, all here in our group,n

Oh, great, so neither of us can afford it anymore. What a shame! Where were the days that one costs about R2.00 or $0.27. The sad part is that it wasn't that long ago. We can only look, but cannot eat it anymore. Love and hugsTo: MSersLife Sent: Sun, November 8, 2009 9:52:43

PMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with apologies to !

They cost even more here in Northern California!(sniff, sniff, licking my paws),Love to you, ,nFrom: Breytenbach <lauramosselbay@ yahoo.com>To: MSersLife@yahoogrou ps.comSent: Sun, November 8, 2009 11:35:11 AMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with

apologies to !

Oh, great, so neither of us can afford it anymore. What a shame! Where were the days that one costs about R2.00 or $0.27. The sad part is that it wasn't that long ago. We can only look, but cannot eat it anymore. Love and hugsTo: MSersLife Sent: Sun, November 8, 2009 9:52:43

PMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with apologies to !

They cost even more here in Northern California!(sniff, sniff, licking my paws),Love to you, ,nFrom: Breytenbach <lauramosselbay@ yahoo.com>To: MSersLife@yahoogrou ps.comSent: Sun, November 8, 2009 11:35:11 AMSubject: Re: veggies!/avocados, more ancecdotes about them, with

apologies to !

apologies to !