RemedySpot.com

New here

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yes..I have 24 ferritin..which is anemic..and thyroid issues. So..I'm hypo/anemic. Do the docs know this? OF course not. I went to a doc today..who referred me to a shrink..when I brought it up.

~E:) topper2@... wrote:

warning warning.... never settle for 'normal', ask for the numbers and share them with us here...

Sometimes the symtpoms are so similar for thryoid and iron deficiency. Anyone else have this?\

~EG Connecticut Total-T 16 months ago / 37.5 mg Synthetic/120mg Armour since August 7th

Yahoo! for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

I did wonder LOL! Love Chris

Re: new here

Oopps.. that is supposed to be T4 not TV!!! hehehe can you tell what's been on my mind?? the new season premieres!!! hehehehehe

Topper ()

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:20:08 -0500 topper2@... writes:

Norinne, when you posted your labs a month ago you said that your last results showed a TSH of 6.9 with your TV at 1.06 with a range of .9 - 2.4

I couldn't find a post that said what you are/were taking though.... have they started you on anything or are you one of the many that is being told 'wait and see'...

I'd told you then that you should have them test for TSH, Free T4, Free T3 and the thyroid antibodies so that you'd have a better idea of what is going on....

Let us know how it turns out.. remember, if you are on thyroid, don't take it until after they draw the blood that day...

Topper ()

Oopps.. that is supposed to be T4 not TV!!! hehehe can you tell what's been on my mind?? the new season premieres!!! hehehehehe

Topper ()

Norinne, when you posted your labs a month ago you said that your last results showed a TSH of 6.9 with your TV at 1.06 with a range of .9 - 2.4

I couldn't find a post that said what you are/were taking though.... have they started you on anything or are you one of the many that is being told 'wait and see'...

I'd told you then that you should have them test for TSH, Free T4, Free T3 and the thyroid antibodies so that you'd have a better idea of what is going on....

Let us know how it turns out.. remember, if you are on thyroid, don't take it until after they draw the blood that day...

Topper ()

Topper ()

Topper ()

HI ,

Yes you had replied, im sorry, i clarified myself in another post. I was also getting used to these boards so sometimes if they werent a direct email to me i didnt see them. anyway, the doc would not let me get my blood retested until sept 19th which is 4mths from when they said before, they only check marked the tsh and t4, I was thinking about just altering it to order what i want, should i ? or talk w/ them. when i wanted to make an appt for them to see me and talk to me about these symptoms they just said wait and see, and retest. This doc has never even seen me!!! they found the high tsh from my ob labs which were forwarded.

Ive just been so frustrated by that. so no , im not on meds, isnt there something going on w/ me to make my TSH higher than it should be?? that was my quest i have for them if theyd ever let me have an appt.

Norrinetopper2@... wrote:

Topper ()

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:00:44 -0700 (PDT) norrine armbruster writes:

HI and welcome!!!!

IM in the same boat as you. done feel bad i never understand half of the lingo i see on these boards and almost never get responses to my posts.

I too have had symptoms for a year, suspected hypo becuase when i was preg. it was whacky and they said i had a higher than normal prob of developing it. then i went for my annual in march a couple years later after the pregnancy and the TSH was off. they reran the tests and said just retest in 4 mths . Meanwhile ive been miserable , gaining weight, so tired etc. i have a 5 1/2 yr old and 3 yr old. so finally my 4 mths of waiting is up next week and i go back, and we will see what it is. they are nt doing a whole panel of tests so we will see.

How are the meds working for you and what were your tsh and t4 levels?

Good luck

Norrine

NORRINE Check out my ebay Auctions under us-veteran http://tinyurl.com/57x67

IF You haven't yet signed up for ING DIRECT yet email me for an invitation, i made $130 in 5 min by signing up my family of 4, so easy!!!! CLICK here if youre interesed in $300 CASH http://www.tech4free.com/default.aspx?ref=370345 I simply spread the word about how great BLOCKBUSTER ONLINE IS !!!

HI ,

Yes you had replied, im sorry, i clarified myself in another post. I was also getting used to these boards so sometimes if they werent a direct email to me i didnt see them. anyway, the doc would not let me get my blood retested until sept 19th which is 4mths from when they said before, they only check marked the tsh and t4, I was thinking about just altering it to order what i want, should i ? or talk w/ them. when i wanted to make an appt for them to see me and talk to me about these symptoms they just said wait and see, and retest. This doc has never even seen me!!! they found the high tsh from my ob labs which were forwarded.

Ive just been so frustrated by that. so no , im not on meds, isnt there something going on w/ me to make my TSH higher than it should be?? that was my quest i have for them if theyd ever let me have an appt.

Topper ()

HI and welcome!!!!

IM in the same boat as you. done feel bad i never understand half of the lingo i see on these boards and almost never get responses to my posts.

I too have had symptoms for a year, suspected hypo becuase when i was preg. it was whacky and they said i had a higher than normal prob of developing it. then i went for my annual in march a couple years later after the pregnancy and the TSH was off. they reran the tests and said just retest in 4 mths . Meanwhile ive been miserable , gaining weight, so tired etc. i have a 5 1/2 yr old and 3 yr old. so finally my 4 mths of waiting is up next week and i go back, and we will see what it is. they are nt doing a whole panel of tests so we will see.

Good luck

Norrine

IF You haven't yet signed up for ING DIRECT yet email me for an invitation, i made $130 in 5 min by signing up my family of 4, so easy!!!! CLICK here if youre interesed in $300 CASH http://www.tech4free.com/default.aspx?ref=370345 I simply spread the word about how great BLOCKBUSTER ONLINE IS !!!

HI ,

Topper ()

HI and welcome!!!!

Good luck

Norrine

Can you say crass idiot? Can you say nincompoop?

Re: Re: new here

Yes..I have 24 ferritin..which is anemic..and thyroid issues. So..I'm hypo/anemic. Do the docs know this? OF course not. I went to a doc today..who referred me to a shrink..when I brought it up.

~E:)

Can you say crass idiot? Can you say nincompoop?

Re: Re: new here

~E:)

In your case, you can't afford NOT to find another doctor! More expensive or not. This doctor has broken the worst rule of standard of care (yeh, the REAL original standard of care), which is to only look at a patient's bloodwork, dismiss them, without every doing a HANDS-ON PHYSICAL EXAM, not even one time. This is the biggest no no in the industry. I would RUN from this doctor, no matter what, because I would never trust his opinion ever again, after that.

HI ,

Norrine

In your case, you can't afford NOT to find another doctor! More expensive or not. This doctor has broken the worst rule of standard of care (yeh, the REAL original standard of care), which is to only look at a patient's bloodwork, dismiss them, without every doing a HANDS-ON PHYSICAL EXAM, not even one time. This is the biggest no no in the industry. I would RUN from this doctor, no matter what, because I would never trust his opinion ever again, after that.

HI ,

Norrine

HI ,

Norrine

yes i agree. find an endocronologist right away or a FEMALE

doctor..sometime that makes a world of difference. Dont' give up.

when they start realized U WANT ANSWERS and u ask medical questions

then they will not push u aside. They will see ur serious.

> In your case, you can't afford NOT to find another doctor! More

expensive or not. This doctor has broken the worst rule of standard

of care (yeh, the REAL original standard of care), which is to only

look at a patient's bloodwork, dismiss them, without every doing a

HANDS-ON PHYSICAL EXAM, not even one time. This is the biggest no

no in the industry. I would RUN from this doctor, no matter what,

because I would never trust his opinion ever again, after that.

>

>

>

> Re: new here

>

>

> HI ,

>

> Yes you had replied, im sorry, i clarified myself in another

post. I was also getting used to these boards so sometimes if they

werent a direct email to me i didnt see them. anyway, the doc would

not let me get my blood retested until sept 19th which is 4mths from

when they said before, they only check marked the tsh and t4, I was

thinking about just altering it to order what i want, should i ? or

talk w/ them. when i wanted to make an appt for them to see me and

talk to me about these symptoms they just said wait and see, and

retest. This doc has never even seen me!!! they found the high tsh

from my ob labs which were forwarded.

>

> Ive just been so frustrated by that. so no , im not on meds,

isnt there something going on w/ me to make my TSH higher than it

should be?? that was my quest i have for them if theyd ever let me

have an appt.

>

> Norrine

>

>

>

>

>

> HI ,

>

>

have an appt.

>

> Norrine

>

>

>

>

>

> HI ,

>

>

have an appt.

>

> Norrine

Not a problem with confusion about emails... don't worry....

I wouldn't alter the lab sheet... at this point the TSH is high enough and the Free T4 low enough for the doc to get off his dead butt (darn there goes my bad attitude again.... ) It's time to get in to see a doc, sit down and have a discussion and find out when they can start digging in to this.. there is no excuse for ignoring these kinds of numbers AND your symptoms....

Topper ()

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 04:00:52 -0700 (PDT) norrine armbruster writes:

HI ,

Norrine

I wouldn't alter the lab sheet... at this point the TSH is high enough and the Free T4 low enough for the doc to get off his dead butt (darn there goes my bad attitude again.... ) It's time to get in to see a doc, sit down and have a discussion and find out when they can start digging in to this.. there is no excuse for ignoring these kinds of numbers AND your symptoms....

Topper ()

HI ,

Norrine

Topper ()

HI ,

Norrine

You know .. you made a really good point.. this doc doesn't care a heck of a lot, does he?

Argghhhh gonna be dreaming about crutches and bats and doctor's heads bouncing off the walls of dark, dead end allies tonight, me thinks!!!

Topper ()

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 08:13:56 -0500 " " writes:

You know .. you made a really good point.. this doc doesn't care a heck of a lot, does he?

Argghhhh gonna be dreaming about crutches and bats and doctor's heads bouncing off the walls of dark, dead end allies tonight, me thinks!!!

Topper ()

Topper ()

• 4 years later...

I'm new here to this group. I'm presently taking the HC / T3 regiment, just starting it this past Friday.

I am in the process of getting the doctor to test my iodine and ferritin levels. Anything else recommended?

I've always been pretty active - exercise wise, what's recommended? I read "moderate" exericise. If this is the case, what constitutes moderate exercise?

Glad to have found this group.

Kathy

I'm trying to walk about 2 miles every day ......... or is that too much?

On the treadmill, I've normally had it set on 4.0 miles per hour. Too much? Just right?

Subject: Re: New hereTo: RT3_T3 Date: Monday, November 9, 2009, 8:02 AM

While on HC very lwo exercise is recommended. Walkign and stretching exercises are best.-- Artistic Grooming- Hurricane WVhttp://www.stopthet hyroidmadness. com/http://health. groups.yahoo. com/group/ NaturalThyroidHo rmonesADRENALS/http://health. groups.yahoo. com/group/ RT3_T3/http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/HypoPets/

I'm trying to walk about 2 miles every day ......... or is that too much?

On the treadmill, I've normally had it set on 4.0 miles per hour. Too much? Just right?

While on HC very lwo exercise is recommended. Walkign and stretching exercises are best.-- Artistic Grooming- Hurricane WVhttp://www.stopthet hyroidmadness. com/http://health. groups.yahoo. com/group/ NaturalThyroidHo rmonesADRENALS/http://health. groups.yahoo. com/group/ RT3_T3/http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/HypoPets/

I've had to ask for things at the doctor.

Besides Iodine and ferritin, anything else that needs to be teasted?