RemedySpot.com

New here

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,

I'm a 10 year survivor but I'm also living the other side as my sister has liver mets now and has been for over a year. Welcome to our group. Where in Missouri were you? I'm in Kansas City.

Sharonlacinda drake wrote:

Thank You. My sister and I were very close and it's still hard to believe she is gone. She got diagnosed last October with Breast Cancer and she was 3 months pregnant with my youngest nephew she said from that day she was going to win the battle. I know in my heart that she is in a better place but it doesn't help the hurt yet. I still want to call her and see how she is doing. My husband and I moved from Missouri to Washington about 3 days before she passed away so we then had to go back to Missouri for the funeral. I know she stayed with us until we got here. That was the one promise she made me make.

-- Re: new here

Hi and welcome to the group. I am sorry to hear about your sister.Please feel free to vent, cry etc. We will do our best to be there for you. I will keep you in my prayers.Hugsnne> Hello everyone. I'm new to the group. My name is LaCinda but I go by > . I am a 23 SAHM to girls and married to a wonderful man. I lost > my sister on June 3rd of this year to breast cancer. And have been > trying to find a group for support. Thank you for letting me join> >

Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page

: I am so sorry to hear about your sister. That had to be really really hard. I am now a year suvivor and as anyone else hoping and praying for more years. I will keep you in my prayers.

Ren

: I am so sorry to hear about your sister. That had to be really really hard. I am now a year suvivor and as anyone else hoping and praying for more years. I will keep you in my prayers.

Ren

• 2 weeks later...

Lila, I wish you luck and let's know how you get on at the doctors. I hope they are helpful. Love Chris

new here

hi all. I'm 29 going on 30 here soon. Diagnosed with hypo about a year in a half ago. Thank god. For years i felt like i was tired and not 'quite' right. But the doc's never found anything. Now after my kids i think my thryoid got so bad it finallyyyyy showed up on the tests. Anyways was good till a couple weeks ago. Felt achy and tired, but hubby just got over the flu so i thought that might be it. Found out now its not so. Woke up a few days ago with worse symtpoms...very tired...my legs and body ache so bad I want tylenol. I have an almost constant dull headache that comes and goes. My hair is gross and stringy and my hearbeat last night before bed ws 65 (very low for me i'm usually around 80) while i'm resting. Going to the doc today i hope my blood tests came back. I'm on 0.1mg. If my doc says i'm 'normal' i'm going to scream. THIS IS NOT NORMAL. I hope she doesn't just shrug it off. I won't let her. I can barely keep awake thru the day as i have a 4 yr old and 4 month old. I wish i felt good again..i felt pretty good last month and the month before, but i guess the symtpoms were slowly getting worse i didnt' notice it at first.wish me luckLila:)

Lila, I wish you luck and let's know how you get on at the doctors. I hope they are helpful. Love Chris

new here

hi all. I'm 29 going on 30 here soon. Diagnosed with hypo about a year in a half ago. Thank god. For years i felt like i was tired and not 'quite' right. But the doc's never found anything. Now after my kids i think my thryoid got so bad it finallyyyyy showed up on the tests. Anyways was good till a couple weeks ago. Felt achy and tired, but hubby just got over the flu so i thought that might be it. Found out now its not so. Woke up a few days ago with worse symtpoms...very tired...my legs and body ache so bad I want tylenol. I have an almost constant dull headache that comes and goes. My hair is gross and stringy and my hearbeat last night before bed ws 65 (very low for me i'm usually around 80) while i'm resting. Going to the doc today i hope my blood tests came back. I'm on 0.1mg. If my doc says i'm 'normal' i'm going to scream. THIS IS NOT NORMAL. I hope she doesn't just shrug it off. I won't let her. I can barely keep awake thru the day as i have a 4 yr old and 4 month old. I wish i felt good again..i felt pretty good last month and the month before, but i guess the symtpoms were slowly getting worse i didnt' notice it at first.wish me luckLila:)

new here

Norinne, when you posted your labs a month ago you said that your last results showed a TSH of 6.9 with your TV at 1.06 with a range of .9 - 2.4

I couldn't find a post that said what you are/were taking though.... have they started you on anything or are you one of the many that is being told 'wait and see'...

I'd told you then that you should have them test for TSH, Free T4, Free T3 and the thyroid antibodies so that you'd have a better idea of what is going on....

Let us know how it turns out.. remember, if you are on thyroid, don't take it until after they draw the blood that day...

Topper ()

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:00:44 -0700 (PDT) norrine armbruster writes:

HI and welcome!!!!

IM in the same boat as you. done feel bad i never understand half of the lingo i see on these boards and almost never get responses to my posts.

I too have had symptoms for a year, suspected hypo becuase when i was preg. it was whacky and they said i had a higher than normal prob of developing it. then i went for my annual in march a couple years later after the pregnancy and the TSH was off. they reran the tests and said just retest in 4 mths . Meanwhile ive been miserable , gaining weight, so tired etc. i have a 5 1/2 yr old and 3 yr old. so finally my 4 mths of waiting is up next week and i go back, and we will see what it is. they are nt doing a whole panel of tests so we will see.

How are the meds working for you and what were your tsh and t4 levels?

Good luck

Norrine

Norinne, when you posted your labs a month ago you said that your last results showed a TSH of 6.9 with your TV at 1.06 with a range of .9 - 2.4

I couldn't find a post that said what you are/were taking though.... have they started you on anything or are you one of the many that is being told 'wait and see'...

I'd told you then that you should have them test for TSH, Free T4, Free T3 and the thyroid antibodies so that you'd have a better idea of what is going on....

Let us know how it turns out.. remember, if you are on thyroid, don't take it until after they draw the blood that day...

Topper ()

HI and welcome!!!!

IM in the same boat as you. done feel bad i never understand half of the lingo i see on these boards and almost never get responses to my posts.

I too have had symptoms for a year, suspected hypo becuase when i was preg. it was whacky and they said i had a higher than normal prob of developing it. then i went for my annual in march a couple years later after the pregnancy and the TSH was off. they reran the tests and said just retest in 4 mths . Meanwhile ive been miserable , gaining weight, so tired etc. i have a 5 1/2 yr old and 3 yr old. so finally my 4 mths of waiting is up next week and i go back, and we will see what it is. they are nt doing a whole panel of tests so we will see.

Good luck

Norrine

Topper ()

HI and welcome!!!!

Good luck

Norrine

Hi Lila, welcome...

Quite a few of us have been ignored, like you.... not saying that's right.. just letting you know that it's not just you.

I think it would be a REALLY good idea to get some testing done.. more than just the TSH that most docs seem to think is just fine and dandy...

The minimum tests that you should have taken is

TSH

Free T4

Free T3

and the thyroid antibodies.

You said that you were diagnoses as hypo.. unfortunately that is not a diagnosis. That's like saying your car won't start but not saying what has caused it not to start, is it out of gas, the battery dead, the spark plug wires bad, the transmission was in drive..... all kinds of reasons that it didn't start..... All kinds of reasons to be hypo... you need to know why... that is the diagnosis. There is a frightening number of docs that don't even know that... they don't care much about thyroid disease....

Post your labs so that we can see what is going on... seeing the numbers, with the symptoms that you've listed will give us a much better picture.

.... be prepared... more questions will follow! hehehehe

Topper ()

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 19:44:41 -0000 "daisy_ysiad2002" writes:

Hi Lila, welcome...

Quite a few of us have been ignored, like you.... not saying that's right.. just letting you know that it's not just you.

I think it would be a REALLY good idea to get some testing done.. more than just the TSH that most docs seem to think is just fine and dandy...

TSH

Free T4

Free T3

You said that you were diagnoses as hypo.. unfortunately that is not a diagnosis. That's like saying your car won't start but not saying what has caused it not to start, is it out of gas, the battery dead, the spark plug wires bad, the transmission was in drive..... all kinds of reasons that it didn't start..... All kinds of reasons to be hypo... you need to know why... that is the diagnosis. There is a frightening number of docs that don't even know that... they don't care much about thyroid disease....

Post your labs so that we can see what is going on... seeing the numbers, with the symptoms that you've listed will give us a much better picture.

Topper ()

Hi Lila, welcome...

TSH

Free T4

Free T3

Topper ()

You had a TSH that was that high and you've not been back in a year!!! that is not a good sign that your doc knows how to treat thyroid... did they tell you why it was so high?

We have a page set up at our web site that will help you to get a bit more familiar with the hormones, tests and meds... when you've got some time to read it might be a good place to get more familiar with things.

www.thyrophoenix.com/thyroid_101.htm

Current ranges for TSH is .3 to 3.0.. 4 is way too high... for anything over 2.0 further testing is required to find out what is wrong.. this was changed a couple of years ago...

Topper ()

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:15:22 -0000 "daisy_ysiad2002" writes:

well i'm on .1mg of levothyroxine. my thyroid levels was 11 last yr. i don't know if thats tsh or t3..i don't know the lingo yet. anyways it was WAY off. i think the normal is around 4 or so. i will update u tonight when i get back :)

You had a TSH that was that high and you've not been back in a year!!! that is not a good sign that your doc knows how to treat thyroid... did they tell you why it was so high?

We have a page set up at our web site that will help you to get a bit more familiar with the hormones, tests and meds... when you've got some time to read it might be a good place to get more familiar with things.

Current ranges for TSH is .3 to 3.0.. 4 is way too high... for anything over 2.0 further testing is required to find out what is wrong.. this was changed a couple of years ago...

Topper ()

well i'm on .1mg of levothyroxine. my thyroid levels was 11 last yr. i don't know if thats tsh or t3..i don't know the lingo yet. anyways it was WAY off. i think the normal is around 4 or so. i will update u tonight when i get back :)

Topper ()

well my thyroid is normal so they think it could be iron deficiency.

i have a 4 month old and i was slightly deficient during the pg. My

doc said to stop taking postnatal supplements 2 months after so i

did. That is about the ONLY thing that has changed, so i think i've

become deficient again. They will run more blood tests. So as a

precaution for the weekend it won't do any harm taking iron

supplements. My other appt. is for monday. Sometimes the symtpoms

are so similar for thryoid and iron deficiency. Anyone else have

this?

\

> Lila, I wish you luck and let's know how you get on at the

doctors. I hope they are helpful. Love Chris

> new here

>

>

> hi all. I'm 29 going on 30 here soon. Diagnosed with hypo about

a

> year in a half ago. Thank god. For years i felt like i was tired

and

> not 'quite' right. But the doc's never found anything. Now after

my

> kids i think my thryoid got so bad it finallyyyyy showed up on

the

> tests. Anyways was good till a couple weeks ago. Felt achy and

> tired, but hubby just got over the flu so i thought that might

be

> it. Found out now its not so. Woke up a few days ago with worse

> symtpoms...very tired...my legs and body ache so bad I want

tylenol.

> I have an almost constant dull headache that comes and goes. My

hair

> is gross and stringy and my hearbeat last night before bed ws 65

> (very low for me i'm usually around 80) while i'm resting. Going

to

> the doc today i hope my blood tests came back. I'm on 0.1mg. If

my

> doc says i'm 'normal' i'm going to scream. THIS IS NOT NORMAL. I

> hope she doesn't just shrug it off. I won't let her. I can

barely

> keep awake thru the day as i have a 4 yr old and 4 month old. I

wish

> i felt good again..i felt pretty good last month and the month

> before, but i guess the symtpoms were slowly getting worse i

didnt'

> notice it at first.

> wish me luck

> Lila

> :)

>

>

>

>

>

>

this?

\

> new here

>

>

a

and

my

the

be

tylenol.

hair

to

my

barely

wish

didnt'

> notice it at first.

> wish me luck

> Lila

>

>

>

>

>

>

this?

\

> new here

>

>

a

and

my

the

be

tylenol.

hair

to

my

barely

wish

didnt'

> notice it at first.

> wish me luck

> Lila

>

>

>

>

>

>

Oopps.. that is supposed to be T4 not TV!!! hehehe can you tell what's been on my mind?? the new season premieres!!! hehehehehe

Topper ()

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:20:08 -0500 topper2@... writes:

Topper ()

Oopps.. that is supposed to be T4 not TV!!! hehehe can you tell what's been on my mind?? the new season premieres!!! hehehehehe

Topper ()

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:20:08 -0500 topper2@... writes:

Topper ()

warning warning.... never settle for 'normal', ask for the numbers and share them with us here...

Some docs use the outdated labs.

Some docs think a few numbers over the top of the range is okay.

Some docs test ONLY TSH and don't check the thyroid hormones (TSH isn't a thyroid hormone, it's a pituitary hormone, and, unless there are other issues involved doesn't have a heck of a lot of value in determining how you are doing)

Many folks that are hypo are also iron deficient... so assuming it's only iron deficiency that is causing the symptoms could mean that you're ignoring possible thyroid issues as well... it's best to be sure....

I emphasize that because I, like many here, were dealing with lots of symptoms and our docs ignored us... mine sent me home... said that I was 'too fat to be sick' and didn't bother to test... he nearly cost me my life with that particular prejudice... AND the fact of the matter was that I was a weight lifter and BEFORE I started dropping weight I had a BMI of only 21 percent... that is at the low end of the range for age I was at the time... any less body fat and I would be considered underweight... I'd held that level for three years... then dropped 40 pounds in 30 days and this docs response is that I was 'too fat to be sick' I was dumb enough, at the time, to still believe that all docs cared and would NEVER make a mistake...

.... well.. that isn't true.... you have to be on top of your health care and when you KNOW there is something wrong.. .don't settle for the 'normal', 'it's okay', 'it's close enough', 'it's all in your head', or even the 'let's wait and see what happens' response... if you KNOW there is something wrong... stomp your feet, don't slink away...

Please don't do what I did....

Topper ()

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 21:43:06 -0000 "daisy_ysiad2002" writes:

well my thyroid is normal so they think it could be iron deficiency. i have a 4 month old and i was slightly deficient during the pg. My doc said to stop taking postnatal supplements 2 months after so i did. That is about the ONLY thing that has changed, so i think i've become deficient again. They will run more blood tests. So as a precaution for the weekend it won't do any harm taking iron supplements. My other appt. is for monday. Sometimes the symtpoms are so similar for thryoid and iron deficiency. Anyone else have this?\

warning warning.... never settle for 'normal', ask for the numbers and share them with us here...

Some docs test ONLY TSH and don't check the thyroid hormones (TSH isn't a thyroid hormone, it's a pituitary hormone, and, unless there are other issues involved doesn't have a heck of a lot of value in determining how you are doing)

Many folks that are hypo are also iron deficient... so assuming it's only iron deficiency that is causing the symptoms could mean that you're ignoring possible thyroid issues as well... it's best to be sure....

I emphasize that because I, like many here, were dealing with lots of symptoms and our docs ignored us... mine sent me home... said that I was 'too fat to be sick' and didn't bother to test... he nearly cost me my life with that particular prejudice... AND the fact of the matter was that I was a weight lifter and BEFORE I started dropping weight I had a BMI of only 21 percent... that is at the low end of the range for age I was at the time... any less body fat and I would be considered underweight... I'd held that level for three years... then dropped 40 pounds in 30 days and this docs response is that I was 'too fat to be sick' I was dumb enough, at the time, to still believe that all docs cared and would NEVER make a mistake...

.... well.. that isn't true.... you have to be on top of your health care and when you KNOW there is something wrong.. .don't settle for the 'normal', 'it's okay', 'it's close enough', 'it's all in your head', or even the 'let's wait and see what happens' response... if you KNOW there is something wrong... stomp your feet, don't slink away...

Topper ()

well my thyroid is normal so they think it could be iron deficiency. i have a 4 month old and i was slightly deficient during the pg. My doc said to stop taking postnatal supplements 2 months after so i did. That is about the ONLY thing that has changed, so i think i've become deficient again. They will run more blood tests. So as a precaution for the weekend it won't do any harm taking iron supplements. My other appt. is for monday. Sometimes the symtpoms are so similar for thryoid and iron deficiency. Anyone else have this?\

Topper ()

Yes..I have 24 ferritin..which is anemic..and thyroid issues. So..I'm hypo/anemic. Do the docs know this? OF course not. I went to a doc today..who referred me to a shrink..when I brought it up.

~E:) topper2@... wrote:

Sometimes the symtpoms are so similar for thryoid and iron deficiency. Anyone else have this?\

~EG Connecticut Total-T 16 months ago / 37.5 mg Synthetic/120mg Armour since August 7th

Yahoo! for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Yes..I have 24 ferritin..which is anemic..and thyroid issues. So..I'm hypo/anemic. Do the docs know this? OF course not. I went to a doc today..who referred me to a shrink..when I brought it up.

~E:) topper2@... wrote:

Sometimes the symtpoms are so similar for thryoid and iron deficiency. Anyone else have this?\

~EG Connecticut Total-T 16 months ago / 37.5 mg Synthetic/120mg Armour since August 7th

Yahoo! for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.