Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Judy, thanks much for the heads up. Gail

Re: Question

HI Gail

I had taxol. For me it was very strong, but mine was mixed with Carpoplatin which is very strong. It kicked my butt. I had terrible pain in my joins the second and third day after the chemo then I was fine. But I survivied it and hope to spend many more days on this earth!

Good luck, and keep up teh fight!

Angel Hugs

Judy

JUDY

Guest guest

Gail, I didn't get taxol, but there is a great web site for chemo drugs. It is www.chemocare.com you can find all of them on there and the side effects and everything. I know alot of girls on here have had that so they will be able to help you also. Good luck, DonnaGail wrote:

Sorry, I was so long in my last message. Anyhooo, can anyone tell me about Taxol? I'm having the A/C and will finish in August, then the lumpectomy, including taking a couple of lymph nodes. If they are positive, I'll be taking the 4 doses of Taxol. What are they like? Just trying to prepare myself. Gail

LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!!

DONNA __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Gail, I didn't get taxol, but there is a great web site for chemo drugs. It is www.chemocare.com you can find all of them on there and the side effects and everything. I know alot of girls on here have had that so they will be able to help you also. Good luck, DonnaGail wrote:

Sorry, I was so long in my last message. Anyhooo, can anyone tell me about Taxol? I'm having the A/C and will finish in August, then the lumpectomy, including taking a couple of lymph nodes. If they are positive, I'll be taking the 4 doses of Taxol. What are they like? Just trying to prepare myself. Gail

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks, Donna. Shall do. Gail (Hugs to all)

DONNA

Guest guest

Thanks, Donna. Shall do. Gail (Hugs to all)

DONNA

Guest guest

It seems every time I turn around there is something new to deal with. Have any of you ladies had to quit work and go on disability?

Ren

Guest guest

Evening Ren,

I've applied...after a year of the doc's telling me to......(Stubborn? not me :-)

I never give up........Each time something "new to deal with" comes along.......I do just that. I'm way to stubborn!!!! I figure "stuff" like this makes me even stronger willed.

I'm a survivor.....period. Oh yea, I have my bad days like anyone else......feeling sorry for myself.....but they are becomming few and far between...thank goodness.

Life IS good .......I see SO many things in a different light, I truly AM blessed.

Thanks everyone for listening.........Funny how you start to add your 2 cents to a post and then get "strayed".......>smile<

Darlenerendurall@... wrote:

It seems every time I turn around there is something new to deal with. Have any of you ladies had to quit work and go on disability? Ren

Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page

Guest guest

Evening Ren,

I've applied...after a year of the doc's telling me to......(Stubborn? not me :-)

I never give up........Each time something "new to deal with" comes along.......I do just that. I'm way to stubborn!!!! I figure "stuff" like this makes me even stronger willed.

I'm a survivor.....period. Oh yea, I have my bad days like anyone else......feeling sorry for myself.....but they are becomming few and far between...thank goodness.

Life IS good .......I see SO many things in a different light, I truly AM blessed.

Thanks everyone for listening.........Funny how you start to add your 2 cents to a post and then get "strayed".......>smile<

It seems every time I turn around there is something new to deal with. Have any of you ladies had to quit work and go on disability? Ren

Guest guest

Evening Ren,

Guest guest

What happens if your period comes back. Then what do you do to kill the estrogen? I won't be able to take the arimidex anymore, right? I wish my onc would just order a hysterectomy.

ren

Guest guest

What happens if your period comes back. Then what do you do to kill the estrogen? I won't be able to take the arimidex anymore, right? I wish my onc would just order a hysterectomy.

ren

Guest guest

ren

Guest guest

For me I'm reading it probably won't come back from what I'm reading. I'm 52 and should be hitting menopause anytime now anyway. I'm very leery of Tomaxifen from what I'm reading. I also read today that without Tomaxifen women have a 91% rate of not having a recurrence, with it there is a 92% rate. :-/ I have a lot of studying to do before I decide one way or the other.

Ren, could you leave a little of what you are replying to in. Sometimes I'm not sure, LOL.

LICS June "Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein

-----Original Message-----From: breastcancer2 [mailto:breastcancer2 ]On Behalf Of rendurall@...Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 7:38 PMTo: breastcancer2 Subject: Re: questionWhat happens if your period comes back. Then what do you do to kill the estrogen? I won't be able to take the arimidex anymore, right? I wish my onc would just order a hysterectomy. ren

Guest guest

For me I'm reading it probably won't come back from what I'm reading. I'm 52 and should be hitting menopause anytime now anyway. I'm very leery of Tomaxifen from what I'm reading. I also read today that without Tomaxifen women have a 91% rate of not having a recurrence, with it there is a 92% rate. :-/ I have a lot of studying to do before I decide one way or the other.

Ren, could you leave a little of what you are replying to in. Sometimes I'm not sure, LOL.

LICS June "Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein

-----Original Message-----From: breastcancer2 [mailto:breastcancer2 ]On Behalf Of rendurall@...Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 7:38 PMTo: breastcancer2 Subject: Re: questionWhat happens if your period comes back. Then what do you do to kill the estrogen? I won't be able to take the arimidex anymore, right? I wish my onc would just order a hysterectomy. ren

Guest guest

Guest guest

Careful what you wish for. I was 35 when diagnosed and never lost my

period during chemo. My tumor was er+ and pr+ so they gave me lupron

shots and tamoxifen to shut down my hormone production. It all is fine

if you don't mind being a unic. this made me severely unhappy so I

stopped both and happily have my periods back now. There is something

to be said for feeling human/women again. Barbara

> What happens if your period comes back. Then what do you do to kill

the

> estrogen? I won't be able to take the arimidex anymore, right? I

wish my onc

> would just order a hysterectomy.

>

> ren

Guest guest

the

wish my onc

>

> ren

Guest guest

the

wish my onc

>

> ren

Guest guest

Hi Ren and all,

Here I am again! Still havent read all the e's from the group. I do get my

period occasionally, and I am on Arimidex (see the last e I sent to the group).

I feel great when I get my period, for one, it feels like my bod is trying to

heal and get back to normal, and two, I get a nice 30-day furnace-flash

reprieve. The body, to my knowledge, still does not have estrogen, my dr.

thinks the period is just the body trying to heal itself. When I get my period,

I open champagne (like, I suppose, people who dont want to be pregnant do!). I

get an added reward of a nice 5 lb weight loss, too. :)

ren

Guest guest

Has anyone taken Arimidex and their periods stopped and then started again. I had not had my monthly since Feb of 05 and yesterday I started. And boy did I, I am flooding the town. I cramp so bad. I had to stop the Arimidex and called my onc., he said to call the gyno (whom I just saw the day before) , so Monday I will call the gyno and then my onc wants to see me. His nurse said they are checking me for ovarian c. What are your thoughts?

ren

Guest guest

Has anyone taken Arimidex and their periods stopped and then started again. I had not had my monthly since Feb of 05 and yesterday I started. And boy did I, I am flooding the town. I cramp so bad. I had to stop the Arimidex and called my onc., he said to call the gyno (whom I just saw the day before) , so Monday I will call the gyno and then my onc wants to see me. His nurse said they are checking me for ovarian c. What are your thoughts?

ren

Guest guest

Ren,

I just sent a post regarding a heavy (gushing) flow. My doctor said my body was

trying to heal, not to worry. I wouldnt stop Arimidex/Tamoxifen because of it!

When I get my period, which isnt often, I dont stop my meds. But, I am not a

doctor. I would say the heavy flow is nothing to worry about. But good to

check w/ your doctor.

Love to us all,

--

Ogut

The Whole Brain Game -- It's Not What You Think But How You Think It

-------------- Original message ----------------------

> Has anyone taken Arimidex and their periods stopped and then started again.

> I had not had my monthly since Feb of 05 and yesterday I started. And boy did

> I, I am flooding the town. I cramp so bad. I had to stop the Arimidex and

> called my onc., he said to call the gyno (whom I just saw the day before) , so

> Monday I will call the gyno and then my onc wants to see me. His nurse said

> they are checking me for ovarian c. What are your thoughts?

>

> ren

ren

Guest guest

Ren,

check w/ your doctor.

Love to us all,

--

Ogut

> called my onc., he said to call the gyno (whom I just saw the day before) , so

>

> ren

ren

Guest guest

Ren,

check w/ your doctor.

Love to us all,

--

Ogut

>

> ren

ren