RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Question about VATS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh, yeah!! Hi Dawn!! I LOVE BIG BROTHER!!! I am wondering, too, how they will handle the swimming pool, bikinis, etc.??!! Seems like that was a big part of the show! Will be very curious to watch next week. Carobrett bowser wrote: see what I mean I'm in the wide bottom gang ;D tv watchers. I watch them ALL Love and Prayers, Peggy ipf 6/04 Worry looks around. Sorry looks back, Faith looks up. Hi Carolyn. Yes, I watch them both, but Big Brother is my all time favourite reality show and I’m soooooo excited it’s coming back on early this year (does this mean it won’t be on in the summer though???) I usually get the Internet feeds too, however, won’t be able to do that this time around, since school is still in and I can’t stay up all hours of the night and still expect to get up with the kids in the morning. LOL! How about Survivor? It started last night. Do you watch that too? I think it will be pretty good. Dawn in N.B. (who, by the way, LOVES TV!!!) LOL! Re: Re: Question about VATS Thanks Ann!! I hope you have a wonderful B-day coming up, also!! I was feeling somewhat better yesterday, but went to Wal-Mart today only for 30 minutes and I was exhausted. Came straight back home. So frustrating to get so tired so quickly!! Anyone on the group watching American Idol or Big Brother this year? Big Brother normally begins in the summer, but this year they are starting it on February 12!! Should be interesting!!! Caro onecarolinagirl <onecarolinagirl> wrote: Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. brett bowser brettvectordist CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08Mississippi

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Caro,

Would it be possible for the Er to call in the Pulmo you were trying to make the new appointment with? We're ALL really, REALLY worried about you....I'm hoping so much that you find some resolution to this! THIS IS SERIOUS....PLEASE go to the ER if you don't miraculously improve!

in Oz> > > > >> > > > > Hi all, > > > > > > > > > > I know several of you have been through the VATS procedure and I am > > > > > just 1 week and 3 days out. Still having lots of pain. Each time I > > > > > cough, I have to hold my side where the tube was placed and splint to > > > > > cough. If not, it is unbearable. I also have this nagging sharp pain > > > > > under my right breast (mine was right-sided biopsy). Could this be > > > > > from where the tube was inside my lung? Have finally stopped coughing > > > > > up blood. Went back to work (home as medical transcriptionist) on > > > > > Monday. So far this week, I begin shift at 8 a.m. and by noon or 1:30 > > > > > I am in so much pain, it is unreal. Has anyone else had the severe > > > > > pain to last for this long? Maybe I am just being impatient (I tend to > > > > > do that), but I don't really know what to expect as I have never been > > > > > through this before. I even woke up this morning the stabbing pain. > > > > > Haven't taken any pain medication yet, though. Was trying to at least > > > > > make it through half the day. > > > > > > > > > > Thanks again for all the ears and the helpful info.> > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > > Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08> > > > Mississippi> > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08> > > Mississippi> > > > > > ---------------------------------> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08> > Mississippi> > > > ---------------------------------> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.> >> > > > > > > Caro> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08> Mississippi> > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>

Guest guest

Hi , Actually yesterday I felt better than I have in a long time, I think back to before the VATS, especially. I didn't have the stabbing pain in the right side of my back and I didn't "think" I had fever, at least I wasn't achy all over. I took my temp around 6 p.m. last night and it was still 100.5. All I did basically yesterday was type 3 hours for work, then lie on the couch and watch movies all day. Went to bed around 9P. Got up this morning and decided to get out of the house. Went to my daughters to do my laundry (my apartment complex has 2 washers and 2 dryers, but very hard to find them not being used), and I wanted to see the grandkids anyway and was going nutso being cooped up inside for so long. Anyhoo, after I carried the basket of laundry down the stairs, you would have thought I had run a marathon!! Got to her house and she carried everything inside for me.

Did my laundry, took my time, and had some pain in my back again, but minimal. Came back home, had to make 2 trips upstairs (I stopped by the convenience store), went inside and made the bed, put the clothes away, all within about 45 minutes' time and I was so short of breath it was unreal. My dad called and offered to come and get me right away!! He said I need to rest. I told him I was SOOO burnt out on resting. Didn't tell him, but I wanted to cry again, but guess this is what I am gonna have to deal with from here on out. Now, I am having that same sharp pain in my right side of my back just like before. Haven't checked my temp. I am calling a local family doctor in the morning first thing to try and get in ASAP. I just got my bill today from last ER visit and it was $820 (before insurance), but still, RIDICULOUS!!! I am going to take some pain meds and lie down and hopefully it

won't hurt so bad. It only hurts when I take a deep breath. As long as I take short, choppy ones, it is not so bad. The surgeon did tell me there was a chance I would be more short of breath after the VATS, and he was definitely right. I can so tell since I had it on the 21st that I am probably at least 40 to 50% more short of breath than I was before. Guess if it gets worse during the night, I will take everyone's advice and go to the ER. I probably should have went the day before yesterday, but I felt better yesterday, so I didn't, and now it is back, so guess I will go ahead. I am so thankful for each and every one of you here. To quote Bruce once again, "Thank God for my virtual family!!" I love each of you with all my heart!! Caro

wrote: Caro, Would it be possible for the Er to call in the Pulmo you were trying to make the new appointment with? We're ALL really, REALLY worried about you....I'm hoping so much that you find some resolution to this! THIS IS SERIOUS....PLEASE go to the ER if you don't miraculously improve! in Oz> > > > >> > > > > Hi all, > > > > > > > > > > I know several of you have been through the VATS procedure and I am > > > > > just 1 week and 3 days out. Still having lots of pain. Each time I > > > > > cough, I have to hold my side where the tube was placed and splint to > > > > > cough. If not, it is unbearable. I also have this nagging sharp pain > > > > > under my right breast (mine was right-sided biopsy). Could this be > > > > > from where the tube was inside my lung? Have finally stopped coughing > > > > > up blood. Went back to work (home as medical transcriptionist) on > > > > > Monday. So far this week, I begin shift at 8 a.m. and by

noon or 1:30 > > > > > I am in so much pain, it is unreal. Has anyone else had the severe > > > > > pain to last for this long? Maybe I am just being impatient (I tend to > > > > > do that), but I don't really know what to expect as I have never been > > > > > through this before. I even woke up this morning the stabbing pain. > > > > > Haven't taken any pain medication yet, though. Was trying to at least > > > > > make it through half the day. > > > > > > > > > > Thanks again for all the ears and the helpful info.> > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > > Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF

08/06, UIP 01/08> > > > Mississippi> > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08> > > Mississippi> > > > > > ---------------------------------> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08> > Mississippi> > > >

---------------------------------> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.> >> > > > > > > Caro> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08> Mississippi> > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08Mississippi

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.