RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Kelsey,

I had my surgery in Richmond...and at one of my pre-surgery appointments I asked what would happen if I started my period before surgery. I was told that I would have to wear a tampon during surgery, and that it wouldn't interfere at all. Fortunately I wasn't on my period at that time...and did not start it until I the day after I got home. What a pain!

Good luck...and if you do happen to start...just let them know.

M.

9/2/03

Dr. Fisher

320/260

I also have a kind of graphic question...I'm pretty sure I'm going to on my period during surgery....what do they do when this happens? I'm assuming durning surgery you don't have any underwear on so wearing a pad seems impossible and I don't think you can wear a tampon? Any insight would be great!!!

Guest guest

Hi Kelsey,

I had my surgery in Richmond...and at one of my pre-surgery appointments I asked what would happen if I started my period before surgery. I was told that I would have to wear a tampon during surgery, and that it wouldn't interfere at all. Fortunately I wasn't on my period at that time...and did not start it until I the day after I got home. What a pain!

Good luck...and if you do happen to start...just let them know.

M.

9/2/03

Dr. Fisher

320/260

I also have a kind of graphic question...I'm pretty sure I'm going to on my period during surgery....what do they do when this happens? I'm assuming durning surgery you don't have any underwear on so wearing a pad seems impossible and I don't think you can wear a tampon? Any insight would be great!!!

Guest guest

-

Thanks for the info!! I'm still crossing my fingers that my caculations are off...I'm never that lucky though...lol Seems to always catch me when I don't want it the most...

Kelsey

Guest guest

If you are going to have your surgery at Richmond...don't waste your money on the protein drinks. They are adamant about us not taking them. It has to do with 'soft calories' and it slowing down the weight loss process. But you can ask when you go to orientation...their may be other reasons they don't want us taking it. Personally...I am doing fine without it.

M.

9/2/03

Dr. Fisher

320/260

Hi everyone can those who are drinking protein shakes give me some advice on what you are taking, I really would like ones I can go to a store and buy not any online.for those who are going or have went through kaiser richmond, did you have to have a invite to the biatric meetings that only meet twice a month, or do you just go. It says that if you have been excepted to kaiser richmond you go but do they tell you when to go.

Guest guest

Richmond suggest you lose your 10% by sticking to the 1200 calorie diet. Once you have had the surgery and are on Stage III food...all your protein should come from the food you eat. Before Stage III....they told me not to worry about the protein yet.

I was told that there has been some new research out about soft calories...and that is why they don't want you using the shakes....

M.

9/2/03

Dr. Fisher

320/260

---Hi so if richmond kaiser says no to protein shakes what do they tell you to drink.

Guest guest

Does anyone know which Protein Powder Costco carries and if it is any good?

Thanks, CarolLaurie Warner wrote:

I really like Champion Pure Whey Stack (chocolate). Again, you can get it (or order it) through just about any natural food store or exercise store (like Max Muscle) -- but it is usually a LOT cheaper to order online.

Laurie W.

06/26/03

Dr. Zorn

(unknown)

Hi everyone can those who are drinking protein shakes give me some advice on what you are taking, I really would like ones I can go to a store and buy not any online.for those who are going or have went through kaiser richmond, did you have to have a invite to the biatric meetings that only meet twice a month, or do you just go. It says that if you have been excepted to kaiser richmond you go but do they tell you when to go.

Guest guest

LaShunta,

I was at the meeting. Her name is , and she had surgery at Stanford. If I remember correctly, her friend said that the staple gun misfired, causing leakage problems. She is still in the hospital. I hope her friend is aware of this group and posts updates. pascha

(unknown)

I would like to ask that we as a group remember those who had surgery and had complications from it. I just got a email from another group I am apart of and one of the members almost died from complications from surgery(I think) If you were at the san leandro meeting on saturday remember there was a lady there talking about her friend at ucla who was having problems well that is the same lady and she isn't doing well so can we all please remember people like that in our prayers. I will be and praying for those having surgery in the next month.ok good night everyone

Guest guest

Hi, welcome to our family. It sounds like you've had a rough time lately with the sarc. I've had pulm sarcoidosis for 12 or 13 yrs, and like you, it started with my eyes. I had bilateral iritis--inflammation of the iris of both eyes, was wearing dark glasses inside with those wonderful dark glasses to wear over your glasses over the dark ones. Not a good thing.

For those of you who are new here, eyes and lungs get hit about 80% of the time with sarcoidosis. When you have iritis, not only are your eyes super light sensitive, but the chances of losing your vision to an acute glaucoma attack is very real. So pay really, REALLY close attention to your eyes.

Anyway, my sarc was put into remission after 3 1/2 years of prednisone, stayed quiet for 4 years, and came back with a vengence. It's now systemic and neuro and pulm and yep-- I have iritis.

So, my message to you is to be kind to yourself. Let your MD's know about the problems with balance, walking, etc. It still sounds like you're not under total control. I truly am sorry you had to find us, and know we will gladly answer questions, hold hearts, whatever you need to help you cope with this disease.

Compassionately,

Tracie

Guest guest

Thank you!!! I lover her :) You had surgery the same day as .. Did you two meet each other there????

~Angie

Guest guest

Ok,

well she posts here too :)

Angie,

There were 9 of us who had surgery the same day. She may have been in the group but I honestly don't remember. I was the oldest one of the group... the rest were in their 20's and 30's.

Guest guest

I think many of us have had these thoughts. It's only natural to wonder about something like this. Even the most determened people have doubts at some point.

I had the same thoughts as you. I thought I could keep trying with Weight Watchers and exercise but, I was helped to see that I had done these things before and the weight ALWAYS came back and it did start to come back. I was heart broken and with the same help shown that the fears and concerns were normal. I needed the surgery. I faced down my fears and phobias (of which I have many) and did it.

As for how I dealt with it, I talked to others like Pat and and got their wonderful oppinions and advice and then I prayed. It worked for me. Do you have support people? Do you go to support groups? Would you like to talk to one of us on the phone? Just let us know. We are all supportive no matter what choice you make.

Tami

Dr. Zorn 1/22/04

450/374/336/???

Guest guest

Hi there,

Well, I'd say it's perfectly normal. In fact, I kinda worry about those

who aren't nervous. After surgery, life will never be the same, and

that's a GOOD thing, but it's also kinda scary. I ended up on

antidepressants for a couple of weeks before my surgery, just so I could

sleep at night. I was nervous, anxious, excited, scared spitless, and

couldn't wait!

If you believe in a higher power, make use of that as you see fit,

through prayer, meditation, whatever. Take a walk in a beautiful natural

setting. After all, it's being GORGEOUS weather now, at least in the

S.F. Bay Area.

What is your name? Where are you having the surgery? Do you have an

angel? If not, ask for one. You'll probably get a bunch of volunteers.

Ask people who have had the surgery for their advice and support. One

thing I have learned for myself is that by helping others deal with the

disease of morbid obesity, I help myself deal with it. Don't know if

that makes sense or not. Kind of a " I lift you, you lift me, and

together we ascend " scenario.

Alright, I'm getting too weird and philosophical. I think it's bedtime!

Besides, I gotta get some sleep. Tomorrow I'll probably be chasing my

3.5 year old son around the Oakland zoo. Boy, sure couldn't do THAT

before my surgery!

Feel free to contact me offlist if you want, at eleanor@....

Do put " WLS " in the subject line, since I get tons of spam, but have

filters that know that something with WLS isn't to be trashed!

Hope that helps a little!

Eleanor

wlbarnson wrote:

>As I posted before I finally have my date, 4/16... thanks for

>everyones support on this list.. but suddenly, I am starting to have

>some doubts about going through with the surgery.. like should I try

>one of the new diets, and will it be different this time around. I

>know in my heart that it wont be different..and I'm so tired of not

>feeling well. Has anyone gone through this before your surgery, and

>how did you deal with it..

>

>