RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: BIO-MEDICAL INTERVENTION

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Maureen,My son who is in his twenties has been going every other year to Pfeifer Treatment center in Illinois, since he was 7 years old. (They have outreach programs also.) Their web site is http://www.hriptc.org. We used only the biomedical interventions until my son was around 17 or 18 and then we started him on Depakote and Risperdal to control his 'meltdowns'/manage his anger, which seemed to become more and more apparent around then. We are still on the program from Pfeiffer, which helps my son's appetite, focus, sleep, etc. The center deals with the allergy issues also through their program, and occassionally I will add grapeseed extract on days when the allergies are really bothersome. I use wild cherry tea if he is congested, chamomile tea for colds, etc. I am just telling you about Pfeiffer because their program worked

for us. I know there are other biomedical programs available that you might find success with. Good luck.Subject: BIO-MEDICAL INTERVENTIONTo: sList Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 10:30 PM

I am going to bring up a very controversial topic , I hope no one is

offended . I am very interested in bio-medical intervention . I have

been researching it and it makes absolute sense to me .Before we ever

thought our some might be on the spectrum we knew he was a sick kid .

Tons of allergies , eczema , chronic ear infections and viral

infections, always stuffy , constant redness and puffiness around the

eyes , constant nose bleeds and G.I issues . We have consulted many

physicians and they just tell us its normal and that he will grow out

of it . We even had him tested for allergies ( a very obvious allergic

child) and he tested negative for everything. Yet in the mean time my

child is miserable . Does anyone here have any experience with

intergrative medicine ? If so can you guide us in what we can do for

our son ?

NO MORE ZYRTEC!! ( my new mantra)

Guest guest

Everyone else on the list-serve is probably tired of hearing me rave about this book, but I highly recommend you read "Is This Your Child" by Doris Rapp. I got it used for less than $10 on Amazon. It tells you how to figure out by yourself (using an elimination diet) what is causing symptoms. Also, Dr. Robbins, environmental medicine, (in Deefield Beach I think) was very, very helpful for me with my son. His webpage is: http://www.allergycenter.com/index.html

My son has many food sensitivities (for example, dairy makes him throw up, extremely grouchy, less eye contact, etc) and he has tested completely negative on every allergy test he has had. Feel free to contact me offline jenniferadegroot@... if you have any questions!

Jen

Subject: BIO-MEDICAL INTERVENTIONTo: sList Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 10:30 PM

I am going to bring up a very controversial topic , I hope no one is offended . I am very interested in bio-medical intervention . I have been researching it and it makes absolute sense to me .Before we ever thought our some might be on the spectrum we knew he was a sick kid . Tons of allergies , eczema , chronic ear infections and viral infections, always stuffy , constant redness and puffiness around the eyes , constant nose bleeds and G.I issues . We have consulted many physicians and they just tell us its normal and that he will grow out of it . We even had him tested for allergies ( a very obvious allergic child) and he tested negative for everything. Yet in the mean time my child is miserable . Does anyone here have any experience with intergrative medicine ? If so can you guide us in what we can do for our son ?NO MORE ZYRTEC!! ( my new

mantra)

Guest guest

Hi Maureen,

My name is Wanda Glemaud, and I am the owner of Kaizen Recovery

Center. We specialize in the bio medical treatment of autism. We

offer heavy metal testing, food allergy/sensitivity testing,

Microbial Oats (to check for yeast, viruses, etc) and then we go over

your childs nutrition (as well as that of the family),

supplementation program, ETC. We offer Mild Hyperbaric Oxygen

Therapy, Far Infrared Sauna, Ionic Foot Baths, Auditory Integrative

Training, ETC. My son was diagnosed at 2 1/2 and is now 5 and is in

mainstream school, and they actually put him ahead to 1st grade as he

is academically gifted. We have done organic foods, natural detox as

well as the external therapies of speech, ot , aba, which I feel the

bio medical therapies help to clean out the body and mind so that the

mainstream therapies work soooooooo much faster! I work with a DAN!

physician named Dr Courtnee Pingaro, DC and would be glad to help you

in any way. She and I will be speaking on Sat,Aug. 30 from 11:30-

1:30 at 12401 Orange Dr Ste 219, Davie, FL. We will be discussing

the DAN! (Defeat Autism Now) protocol as well as diet, detox, hbot,

ETC. Please feel free to call me at . I am a Certified

Nutritional Consultant and a doctoral candidate of Natural Health. I

look forward to meeting and speaking with you. God Bless, Wanda

Glemaud

>

>

> I am going to bring up a very controversial topic , I hope no one

is

> offended . I am very interested in bio-medical intervention . I

have

> been researching it and it makes absolute sense to me .Before we

ever

> thought our some might be on the spectrum we knew he was a sick

kid .

> Tons of allergies , eczema , chronic ear infections and viral

> infections, always stuffy , constant redness and puffiness around

the

> eyes , constant nose bleeds and G.I issues . We have consulted many

> physicians and they just tell us its normal and that he will grow

out

> of it . We even had him tested for allergies ( a very obvious

allergic

> child) and he tested negative for everything. Yet in the mean time

my

> child is miserable . Does anyone here have any experience with

> intergrative medicine ? If so can you guide us in what we can do

for

> our son ?

>

> NO MORE ZYRTEC!! ( my new mantra)

>

Guest guest

Hi~

I have recently starting looking into the bio medical approach myself and to be honest I am very confused. First, you need to find a DAN doctor. They follow the protocol for this type of intervention. I live in Wellington and we are going to see Dr. Levinson in Miami, but there is also Dr. Berger in Tampa who comes very highly recommended. They used to work together, but split off from each other. My pediatrician knows both of them personally and he likes and recommends both of them. Once we see Levinson we will be doing more research before we start any type regiman for our daughter. There is a lot of stuff out there and just because the doctor says we should do it doesn't mean that we will be. Hope this helps.

Tara

Subject: BIO-MEDICAL INTERVENTIONTo: sList Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 10:30 PM

I am going to bring up a very controversial topic , I hope no one is offended . I am very interested in bio-medical intervention . I have been researching it and it makes absolute sense to me .Before we ever thought our some might be on the spectrum we knew he was a sick kid . Tons of allergies , eczema , chronic ear infections and viral infections, always stuffy , constant redness and puffiness around the eyes , constant nose bleeds and G.I issues . We have consulted many physicians and they just tell us its normal and that he will grow out of it . We even had him tested for allergies ( a very obvious allergic child) and he tested negative for everything. Yet in the mean time my child is miserable . Does anyone here have any experience with intergrative medicine ? If so can you guide us in what we can do for our son ?NO MORE ZYRTEC!! ( my new

mantra)

Guest guest

I have been able to listen to a lot of the DAN conference’s through their website, and have been taking meticulous notes and learning as much as I can ( while at work…)

I have a pretty good idea of what the DAN protocol entails and most of it makes perfect sense to me .

I have also been talking to other moms about DAN Dr’s and their different personality’s and approaches but have yet to make up my mind on who I want as my child’s DAN doctor .

There is actually a questionnaire on the DAN website, almost like a little interview. I really think it has every question you would need to ask to make a good choice.

I am also reading Bocks book “Healing the New Childhood epidemics”. The book gives many good suggestions for us parents who are just starting out, even some simple things for those of us who can not afford a DAN doc right away.

I am not sure if you have visited the website but I recommend it. I hope I have helped some too and hope to hear of your adventures in bio –medicine .

I feel very strongly that DAN is well on its way to figuring out this epidemic , I pray it will be soon .

Does your child have any G.I or allergic symptoms

BIO-MEDICAL INTERVENTIONTo: sList@ yahoogroups. comDate: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 10:30 PM

mantra)

Guest guest

Hi

We are doing bio medical but found that Zyrtec has also helped. Is there a reason you do not want to use Zyrtec? What I found was that my son did well on the prescription 5 mg pill. When they went over the counter to the 10 mg he does not do as well. The company says that the product is the same but we are not getting the same results. AlwaysAna Brushingham

Subject: Re: BIO-MEDICAL INTERVENTIONTo: sList Date: Friday, August 15, 2008, 12:07 PM

Hello MAUREEN,The subject is not controversial here, many of us are doing bio med.I would recommend you start GFCF diet immediately. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Your child sounds like one of the ones that might benefit most.Steve> I am going to bring up a very controversial topic , I hope no one is > offended . I am very interested in bio-medical intervention . I have > been researching it and it makes absolute sense to me .Before we ever > thought our some might be on the spectrum we knew he was a sick kid . > Tons of allergies , eczema , chronic ear infections and viral > infections, always stuffy , constant redness and puffiness around the > eyes , constant nose bleeds and G.I issues . We have consulted many > physicians and they just tell us its normal and that he will grow out > of it . We even had him

tested for allergies ( a very obvious allergic > child) and he tested negative for everything. Yet in the mean time my > child is miserable . Does anyone here have any experience with > intergrative medicine ? If so can you guide us in what we can do for > our son ?> > NO MORE ZYRTEC!! ( my new mantra)>

Guest guest

There is also Dr. Zeno www.bodymedonline.com

She is our DAN doctor and in just 2 months my son went from

very basic words to full sentences and 100% clarity.

My son is a totally different child now , just with the B-12

shots, restricted diet and supplements.

I highly recommend this doctor, she is wonderful and I’ve

never met a doctor who cares so much about helping to recover Autistic

Children.

Guest guest

Was your child prescribed Zyrtec for the allergies or for inflammation?

My son was prescribed Singulair, 5mg, for inflammation. It is believed his constant yeast/bacteria is secondary to inflammation in his "gut"/intestinal tract. Interesting.

Although, I must admit that since administering Singulair, along with probiotics (VSL#3 double strength, 3 Threelacs, 3 Culturelles and 1 Super ProBioGold, daily), his belly distension has gone down dramatically.

Re: BIO-MEDICAL INTERVENTIONTo: sList Date: Friday, August 15, 2008, 12:07 PM

Hello MAUREEN,The subject is not controversial here, many of us are doing bio med.I would recommend you start GFCF diet immediately. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Your child sounds like one of the ones that might benefit most.Steve> I am going to bring up a very controversial topic , I hope no one is > offended . I am very interested in bio-medical intervention . I have > been researching it and it makes absolute sense to me .Before we ever > thought our some might be on the spectrum we knew he was a sick kid . > Tons of allergies , eczema , chronic ear infections and viral > infections, always stuffy , constant redness and puffiness around the > eyes , constant nose bleeds and G.I issues . We have consulted many > physicians and they just tell us its normal and that he will grow out > of it . We even had him tested for allergies ( a very obvious allergic > child) and he tested negative for everything. Yet in the mean time my > child is miserable . Does anyone here have any experience with > intergrative medicine ? If so can you guide us in what we can do for > our son ?> > NO MORE ZYRTEC!! ( my new mantra)>

Guest guest

Hi Maureen,

Your child sounds very much like ours. Did you see the lab allergy

results for yourself or did the doctor just tell you that he was not

allergic to anything? Our doctor said he was was only allegic to

eggs and we asked to see the results. It turned out he was " midly "

allergic to a bunch of other foods but since he tested only " 1 "

or " 2 " in the scale of 5, the doctor did not consider it necessary

to remove those foods from his diet. Well, we removed them anyway,

and we put him on the GF/CF diet and the difference was from heaven

to earth. Later we added the probiotics and the supplements and he

is a different child now. From now on, I always ask for a copy of

his labs, I just don't rely on the doctor's interpretation.

Ida

>

>

> I am going to bring up a very controversial topic , I hope no one

is

> offended . I am very interested in bio-medical intervention . I

have

> been researching it and it makes absolute sense to me .Before we

ever

> thought our some might be on the spectrum we knew he was a sick

kid .

> Tons of allergies , eczema , chronic ear infections and viral

> infections, always stuffy , constant redness and puffiness around

the

> eyes , constant nose bleeds and G.I issues . We have consulted

many

> physicians and they just tell us its normal and that he will grow

out

> of it . We even had him tested for allergies ( a very obvious

allergic

> child) and he tested negative for everything. Yet in the mean

time my

> child is miserable . Does anyone here have any experience with

> intergrative medicine ? If so can you guide us in what we can do

for

> our son ?

>

> NO MORE ZYRTEC!! ( my new mantra)

>

Guest guest

They prescribed the Zyrtec for his allergies. Now that you mention it he does have a big belly. Would singular work for both?AlwaysAna Brushingham

From: Steve Moyer <ssmoyergate (DOT) net>Subject: Re: BIO-MEDICAL INTERVENTIONTo: sList@ yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, August 15, 2008, 12:07 PM

Hello MAUREEN,The subject is not controversial here, many of us are doing bio med.I would recommend you start GFCF diet immediately. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Your child sounds like one of the ones that might benefit most.Steve> I am going to bring up a very controversial topic , I hope no one is > offended . I am very interested in bio-medical intervention . I have > been researching it and it makes absolute sense to me .Before we ever > thought our some might be on the spectrum we knew he was a sick kid . > Tons of allergies , eczema , chronic ear infections and viral > infections, always stuffy , constant redness and puffiness around the > eyes , constant nose bleeds and G.I issues . We have consulted many > physicians and they just tell us its normal and that he will grow out > of it . We even had him

tested for allergies ( a very obvious allergic > child) and he tested negative for everything. Yet in the mean time my > child is miserable . Does anyone here have any experience with > intergrative medicine ? If so can you guide us in what we can do for > our son ?> > NO MORE ZYRTEC!! ( my new mantra)>

Guest guest

My son was prescribed the zyrtec do to constant puffiness and redness around the eyes and a lot of sinus congestion . He also has itchy skin because of his eczema.

He had some G.I issues as a baby that cleared up by the time he was 2 or so . He had never complained of a stomach ache until 2 days into the GFCF diet. It was really odd how it happened . One day he developed a fever with no other symptoms , I thought he was coming down with something . The following day no more fever but he woke up crying in the middle of the night . He could not tell me what hurt but he was holding his stomach . In retrospec it could have been withdrawel or maybe just a coincidence , but it is something I am definetly trying to figure out .

The only thing I have noticed is that his stomach puffs up ( like he is pregnant ) but he is not constipated , and it is soft when you touch it .This has been happening even before GFCF . I dont understand what can be going on in his belly?

Re: BIO-MEDICAL INTERVENTIONTo: sList@ yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, August 15, 2008, 12:07 PM

Guest guest

?

Today was my sons first day in school ( mainstream 3-k) and he came home saying he had a cupcake ..... After practically beating it into these people that he is GFCF , they gave him a cupcake ... I told them just to give him what I send for him and nothing else (just to keep it easy) . The bad thing is that sometimes my son will say that he did something he saw someone else do because he inverts pronouns and uses some language incorrectly , but I can not be sure . Just thought I would vent my rage. Do you know anywhere I can find some good GFCF refrencing for his teacher.

Put it into his IEP (if he has one) and then it's very clear what the teacher should be doing.It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal here.

Guest guest

There are clear indications usually if someone who is gfcf for a while gets gluten in their body. I have seen red rashed on my sons checks or diareah and hyperactivity. It's rare that you can't tell.

--------- Re: BIO-MEDICAL INTERVENTIONTo: sList@ yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, August 15, 2008, 12:07 PM

Hello MAUREEN,The subject is not controversial here, many of us are doing bio med.I would recommend you start GFCF diet immediately. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Your child sounds like one of the ones that might benefit most.Steve> I am going to bring up a very controversial topic , I hope no one is > offended .. I am very interested in bio-medical intervention . I have > been researching it and it makes absolute sense to me ..Before we ever > thought our some might be on the spectrum we knew he was a sick kid . > Tons of allergies , eczema , chronic ear infections and viral > infections, always stuffy , constant redness and puffiness around the > eyes , constant nose bleeds and G.I issues . We have consulted many > physicians and they just tell us its normal and that he will grow out > of it . We even had him tested for allergies ( a v

ery obvious allergic > child) and he tested negative for everything. Yet in the mean time my > child is miserable . Does anyone here have any experience with > intergrative medicine ? If so can you guide us in what we can do for > our son ?> > NO MORE ZYRTEC!! ( my new mantra)>

Guest guest

You may want to point out to the school personnel that your son has dietary restrictions and they have vicarious liability if something unfortunate happens. Usually the threat of a lawsuit will keep them from repeating the error of giving the child something he shouldn't eat or can't have.

From: Steve Moyer <ssmoyergate (DOT) net>Subject: Re: BIO-MEDICAL INTERVENTIONTo: sList@ yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, August 15, 2008, 12:07 PM

Hello MAUREEN,The subject is not controversial here, many of us are doing bio med.I would recommend you start GFCF diet immediately. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Your child sounds like one of the ones that might benefit most.Steve> I am going to bring up a very controversial topic , I hope no one is > offended .. I am very interested in bio-medical intervention . I have > been researching it and it makes absolute sense to me ..Before we ever > thought our some might be on the spectrum we knew he was a sick kid . > Tons of allergies , eczema , chronic ear infections and viral > infections, always stuffy , constant redness and puffiness around the > eyes , constant nose bleeds and G.I issues . We have consulted many > physicians and they just tell us its normal and that he will grow out > of it . We even had

him tested for allergies ( a very obvious allergic > child) and he tested negative for everything. Yet in the mean time my > child is miserable . Does anyone here have any experience with > intergrative medicine ? If so can you guide us in what we can do for > our son ?> > NO MORE ZYRTEC!! ( my new mantra)>

Guest guest

Did you write it down in his IEP that he is in the GF/CF diet? If you haven't, this is a must. Talk to the teacher and make sure she understands you need to know of any diet accidents. Ask her point blank if your son had a cupcake. My son's former teacher sent a Halloween bag with candy in it just because she did not want him to feel left out. Meanwhile he has some severe food allergies and there was stuff he was allergic to in the bag! thank goodness I got to the bag before the little one did. She response was: The bag was stapled so I did not think it would be dangerous. Yeah, trust me after a year of OT, a couple of staples are not a barrier for him to get into the bag, if he wanted to... I made sure that the school Director was informed of all the "accidents" like this one (documented everything in writing) since we had multiple ones and requested a

change of teacher which eventually got granted... good luck.

Hello MAUREEN,The subject is not controversial here, many of us are doing bio med.I would recommend you start GFCF diet immediately. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Your child sounds like one of the ones that might benefit most.Steve> I am going to bring up a very controversial topic , I hope no one is > offended .. I am very interested in bio-medical intervention . I have > been researching it and it makes absolute sense to me ..Before we ever > thought our some might be on the spectrum we knew he was a sick kid . > Tons of allergies , eczema , chronic ear infections and viral > infections, always stuffy , constant redness and puffiness around the > eyes , constant nose bleeds and G.I issues . We have consulted many > physicians and they just tell us its normal and that he will grow out > of it . We even had

him tested for allergies ( a very obvious allergic > child) and he tested negative for everything. Yet in the mean time my > child is miserable . Does anyone here have any experience with > intergrative medicine ? If so can you guide us in what we can do for > our son ?> > NO MORE ZYRTEC!! ( my new mantra)>

Guest guest

Thank you, !

It is actually my sister who very often gives me a hard time about this. :) While I am concerned about his digestion and puffy belly, I don't want to put any more restrictions on his life than need be. I would like to think that whatever issues are going on in his belly, we can heal using enzymes and probiotics. We shall see.... And, I don't want him to have any food issues later in life. It already bothers me that food/edibles are often used as reinforcers. So, we try to teach him how different foods may affect him. (ie. the cheeses leading to eczema). But ultimately, it's his choice some day. We are still working on getting him to eat more of what we eat, like for dinner.

Re: BIO-MEDICAL INTERVENTIONTo: sList@ yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, August 15, 2008, 12:07 PM

Hello MAUREEN,The subject is not controversial here, many of us are doing bio med.I would recommend you start GFCF diet immediately. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Your child sounds like one of the ones that might benefit most.Steve> I am going to bring up a very controversial topic , I hope no one is > offended .. I am very interested in bio-medical intervention . I have > been researching it and it makes absolute sense to me ..Before we ever > thought our some might be on the spectrum we knew he was a sick kid . > Tons of allergies , eczema , chronic ear infections and viral > infections, always stuffy , constant redness and puffiness around the > eyes , constant nose bleeds and G.I issues . We have consulted many > physicians and they just tell us its normal and that he will grow out > of it . We even had him tested for allergies ( a very obvious allergic > child) and he tested negative for everything. Yet in the mean time my > child is miserable . Does anyone here have any experience with > intergrative medicine ? If so can you guide us in what we can do for > our son ?> > NO MORE ZYRTEC!! ( my new mantra)>

Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices More!

Guest guest

This is not unusual, especially for a Broward public school (if thats

where you are). There are consultants and administrators that " don't

believe " in the GFCF diet and suggest that teachers, especially new

teachers, not give it much attention.

Our typical daughter is allergic to peanuts and once while in a Broward

public school was given a peanut m & m by a teacher. Their excuse was

that it wasn't her regular teacher.

Ever vigilant, even with the typical kids.

Steve Moyer

Today was my sons first day in school ( mainstream 3-k) and he came

home saying he had a cupcake ..... After practically beating it into

these people that he is GFCF , they gave him a cupcake ...

Guest guest

Maureen and the rest of the moms...

I know the GFCF diet can be a little bit hard, but once you get used

to it, then it becomes easier and easier. At the office were I work

we have children on the diet and children taht are not on the diet.

I will say that to start biomedical interventions the diet is the

first step, but for some children is complicated because they have a

very small manu of things that they eat.

One thing you can do is eliminate casein for three months and

eliminate whatever he craves, most of the time is what he has

sensitivities to. After three months eliminate gluten.

Now here is teh part in which a lot of moms get frustrated and they

get mad at the diet...when they try to reintroduce the foods again...

Unfortunately, you can just reintroduce the foods without healing his

gut issues, because you have a big chance that he will regret. One

big sign that he has gut issues is the distended belly...that is a

sign of sensitivitiy to a food that he is eating and at the same time

he may have some gut dysbiosis which is when yeast or bacteria are

overgrowth in his body. One thing you can do is keep a journal and

give him foods individualy without mixing them and observe his belly

to see which food make his belly distended. Also the fact that he

has food sensitivities show that he may have a leaky gut.

About the enzymes...the only enzymes that will help breakdown the

gluten and casein proteins are the enzymes with DPPIV, you can get

them at klaire labs or kirkman (Klaire only sells to physicians, so

you can see in a DAN office if they carry them) If the enzyme does

not have DPPIV, then it wont work with casein and gluten. In my

opinion enzymes are good for when the children are going to cheat on

the diet, for example if they have a birthday aprty and everyone is

eating a piece of cake, then you can put some of the enzymes on the

cake and let him enjoy the party too, but not for everyday, that

won't do the trick. Also enzymes have to always go with food,

because if you give the enzymes and then the child does not eat, they

will produce heartburn because the enzyme has nothing to work with

and that will also produce a distende belly sometimes.

I hope this helps

Luciana

www.bodymedonline.com

> >

> > From: Steve Moyer <ssmoyergate (DOT) net>

> > Subject: Re: BIO-MEDICAL INTERVENTION

> > To: sList@ yahoogroups. com

> > Date: Friday, August 15, 2008, 12:07 PM

> >

> >

> > Hello MAUREEN,

> >

> > The subject is not controversial here, many of us are doing bio

med.

> >

> > I would recommend you start GFCF diet immediately. You have

nothing

> > to lose and everything to gain. Your child sounds like one of the

> > ones that might benefit most.

> >

> > Steve

> >

> > > I am going to bring up a very controversial topic , I hope no

one

> > is

> > > offended .. I am very interested in bio-medical intervention .

I

> > have

> > > been researching it and it makes absolute sense to me ..Before

we

> > ever

> > > thought our some might be on the spectrum we knew he was a sick

> > kid .

> > > Tons of allergies , eczema , chronic ear infections and viral

> > > infections, always stuffy , constant redness and puffiness

around

> > the

> > > eyes , constant nose bleeds and G.I issues . We have consulted

many

> > > physicians and they just tell us its normal and that he will

grow

> > out

> > > of it . We even had him tested for allergies ( a very obvious

> > allergic

> > > child) and he tested negative for everything. Yet in the mean

time

> > my

> > > child is miserable . Does anyone here have any experience with

> > > intergrative medicine ? If so can you guide us in what we can

do

> > for

> > > our son ?

> > >

> > > NO MORE ZYRTEC!! ( my new mantra)

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Maureen,

The test you can do to check for the gluten and casein allergies can

be done with a blood draw and at the office where I work, BodyMed

with Dr Zeno we can do it for $7 each.

Great Plains only does the urine for the casein and gluten peptides,

we work with them also, but I think taht for the situation you are

on, Allettes lab is going to be better, adn as I said before, the

price to check for gluten and casein will be only $14.

Give me a call to the office, we can help you and Dr Zeno can see

your child and you can pay for the consultation little by little, it

is only $300. Also most of the initial testing can be covered by

insurance, even medicaid.

You can contact me at (954)584-3198

Luciana

>

> From: Steve Moyer <ssmoyergate (DOT) net>

> Subject: Re: BIO-MEDICAL INTERVENTION

> To: sList@ yahoogroups. com

> Date: Friday, August 15, 2008, 12:07 PM

>

>

> Hello MAUREEN,

>

> The subject is not controversial here, many of us

are doing bio med.

>

> I would recommend you start GFCF diet immediately.

You have nothing

> to lose and everything to gain. Your child sounds

like one of the

> ones that might benefit most.

>

> Steve

>

> > I am going to bring up a very controversial

topic , I hope no one

> is

> > offended .. I am very interested in bio-medical

intervention . I

> have

> > been researching it and it makes absolute sense

to me ...Before we

> ever

> > thought our some might be on the spectrum we knew

he was a sick

> kid .

> > Tons of allergies , eczema , chronic ear

infections and viral

> > infections, always stuffy , constant redness and

puffiness around

> the

> > eyes , constant nose bleeds and G.I issues . We

have consulted many

> > physicians and they just tell us its normal and

that he will grow

> out

> > of it . We even had him tested for allergies ( a

very obvious

> allergic

> > child) and he tested negative for everything. Yet

in the mean time

> my

> > child is miserable . Does anyone here have any

experience with

> > intergrative medicine ? If so can you guide us in

what we can do

> for

> > our son ?

> >

> > NO MORE ZYRTEC!! ( my new mantra)

> >

>

Guest guest

Thank You shirley , I appreciate the information . I will definetly try that .

Re: BIO-MEDICAL INTERVENTION> To: sList@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Friday, August 15, 2008, 12:07 PM> > > Hello MAUREEN,> > The subject is not controversial here, many of us are doing bio med.> > I would recommend you start GFCF diet immediately. You have nothing > to lose and everything to gain. Your child sounds like one of the > ones that might benefit most.> > Steve> > > I am going to bring up a very controversial topic , I hope no one > is > > offended .. I am very interested in bio-medical intervention . I > have > > been researching it and it

makes absolute sense to me ..Before we > ever > > thought our some might be on the spectrum we knew he was a sick > kid . > > Tons of allergies , eczema , chronic ear infections and viral > > infections, always stuffy , constant redness and puffiness around > the > > eyes , constant nose bleeds and G.I issues . We have consulted many > > physicians and they just tell us its normal and that he will grow > out > > of it . We even had him tested for allergies ( a very obvious > allergic > > child) and he tested negative for everything. Yet in the mean time > my > > child is miserable . Does anyone here have any experience with > > intergrative medicine ? If so can you guide us in what we can do > for > > our son ?> > > > NO MORE ZYRTEC!! ( my new mantra)>

>>

Guest guest

We have a lot of children that are not on the diet and are doing

remarkable, as long as you are taking care of the gut issues, then

everything should be fine. Don't feel bad that he is not on the diet!

But for the parents taht they are doing biomedical interventions on

their onw, it is the easiest way to start.

>

> From: Steve Moyer <ssmoyergate (DOT) net>

> Subject: Re: BIO-MEDICAL

INTERVENTION

> To: sList@ yahoogroups. com

> Date: Friday, August 15, 2008, 12:07 PM

>

> Hello MAUREEN,

>

> The subject is not controversial here, many of us

are doing bio med.

>

> I would recommend you start GFCF diet

immediately. You have nothing

> to lose and everything to gain. Your child sounds

like one of the

> ones that might benefit most.

>

> Steve

>

> > I am going to bring up a very controversial

topic , I hope no one

> is

> > offended .. I am very interested in bio-medical

intervention . I

> have

> > been researching it and it makes absolute sense

to me .Before we

> ever

> > thought our some might be on the spectrum we

knew he was a sick

> kid .

> > Tons of allergies , eczema , chronic ear

infections and viral

> > infections, always stuffy , constant redness

and puffiness around

> the

> > eyes , constant nose bleeds and G.I issues . We

have consulted many

> > physicians and they just tell us its normal and

that he will grow

> out

> > of it . We even had him tested for allergies (

a very obvious

> allergic

> > child) and he tested negative for everything.

Yet in the mean time

> my

> > child is miserable . Does anyone here have any

experience with

> > intergrative medicine ? If so can you guide us

in what we can do

> for

> > our son ?

> >

> > NO MORE ZYRTEC!! ( my new mantra)

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> --------------------------------------------------------------------

--------

>

> Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices More!

>

Guest guest

Very good to know! Thanks for the info.

> > To: sList@ yahoogroups. com

> > Date: Friday, August 15, 2008, 12:07 PM

> >

> >

> > Hello MAUREEN,

> >

> > The subject is not controversial here, many of us are doing bio

med.

> >

> > I would recommend you start GFCF diet immediately. You have

nothing

> > to lose and everything to gain. Your child sounds like one of the

> > ones that might benefit most.

> >

> > Steve

> >

> > > I am going to bring up a very controversial topic , I hope no

one

> > is

> > > offended .. I am very interested in bio-medical intervention .

I

> > have

> > > been researching it and it makes absolute sense to me ..Before

we

> > ever

> > > thought our some might be on the spectrum we knew he was a sick

> > kid .

> > > Tons of allergies , eczema , chronic ear infections and viral

> > > infections, always stuffy , constant redness and puffiness

around

> > the

> > > eyes , constant nose bleeds and G.I issues . We have consulted

many

> > > physicians and they just tell us its normal and that he will

grow

> > out

> > > of it . We even had him tested for allergies ( a very obvious

> > allergic

> > > child) and he tested negative for everything. Yet in the mean

time

> > my

> > > child is miserable . Does anyone here have any experience with

> > > intergrative medicine ? If so can you guide us in what we can

do

> > for

> > > our son ?

> > >

> > > NO MORE ZYRTEC!! ( my new mantra)

> > >

> >

>

Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices More!

Guest guest

Hi Luciana,

I have a few questions with regards to your post. When did great

plains lab stop doing serum testing? According to their web site

they still do serum (blood) testing of all food allergies IgG and IgE

albeit IgG is the better choice for our children. Which by the way

still has a great explanation of the labs and why each one is done

for anyone who is interested in researching further the web site is

www.greatplainslaboratory.com/home/eng/home.asp

If the Great Plains lab is still testing it is the IgG (not the IgE)

test that is usually most effective and according to their web page

the cost is $219-$325 for the blood test and it tests up to 93 foods.

Also I am curious as to the lab you mentioned below with the rate

being $7 per test, it is a very good price if it is the IgG testing

that is being done then it would be a great resource for parents all

over the country to look into when doing allergy testing so any

further information that you can post would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Beth Vataker

>

> Maureen,

>

> The test you can do to check for the gluten and casein allergies

can

> be done with a blood draw and at the office where I work, BodyMed

> with Dr Zeno we can do it for $7 each.

> Great Plains only does the urine for the casein and gluten

peptides,

> we work with them also, but I think taht for the situation you are

> on, Allettes lab is going to be better, adn as I said before, the

> price to check for gluten and casein will be only $14.

> Give me a call to the office, we can help you and Dr Zeno can see

> your child and you can pay for the consultation little by little,

it

> is only $300. Also most of the initial testing can be covered by

> insurance, even medicaid.

>

> You can contact me at (954)584-3198

>

> Luciana

Guest guest

I can perhaps shed some light on this....

My understanding is that allergy testing is different than the test that determines whether gluten/casein crosses the blood/brain barrier and leads to the morphine-like behaviors. They are 2 different tests.

Allergy testing (IgG and IgE) is usually covered by insurance, thereby making in less costly. Generally, one needs a referral by the pediatrician if it cannot be done in their office.

Hi Luciana,I have a few questions with regards to your post. When did great plains lab stop doing serum testing? According to their web site they still do serum (blood) testing of all food allergies IgG and IgE albeit IgG is the better choice for our children. Which by the way still has a great explanation of the labs and why each one is done for anyone who is interested in researching further the web site is www.greatplainslaboratory.com/home/eng/home.asp If the Great Plains lab is still testing it is the IgG (not the IgE) test that is usually most effective and according to their web page the cost is $219-$325 for the blood test and it tests up to 93 foods.Also I am curious as to the lab you mentioned below with the rate being $7 per test, it is a very good price if it is the IgG testing that is being done then it would be a great resource for parents all over the country to look into when doing allergy testing so any further information that you can post would be appreciated. Thanks!Beth Vataker >> Maureen,> > The test you can do to check for the gluten and casein allergies can > be done with a blood draw and at the office where I work, BodyMed > with Dr Zeno we can do it for $7 each. > Great Plains only does the urine for the casein and gluten peptides, > we work with them also, but I think taht for the situation you are > on, Allettes lab is going to be better, adn as I said before, the > price to check for gluten and casein will be only $14.> Give me a call to the office, we can help you and Dr Zeno can see > your child and you can pay for the consultation little by little, it > is only $300. Also most of the initial testing can be covered by > insurance, even medicaid.> > You can contact me at (954)584-3198> > Luciana

Guest guest

Great Plains does still do serum (blood) test for Food Allergies. Just sent one last week. IgG cash price is $200, IgE $250. Depending on your insurance, some may be re-imbursed.

Subject: Re: BIO-MEDICAL INTERVENTIONTo: sList Date: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 8:42 PM

Hi Luciana,I have a few questions with regards to your post. When did great plains lab stop doing serum testing? According to their web site they still do serum (blood) testing of all food allergies IgG and IgE albeit IgG is the better choice for our children. Which by the way still has a great explanation of the labs and why each one is done for anyone who is interested in researching further the web site is www.greatplainslabo ratory.com/ home/eng/ home.asp If the Great Plains lab is still testing it is the IgG (not the IgE) test that is usually most effective and according to their web page the cost is $219-$325 for the blood test and it tests up to 93 foods.Also I am curious as to the lab you mentioned below with the rate being $7 per test, it is a very good price if it is the IgG testing that is being done then it would be a great resource for parents all over the country to look

into when doing allergy testing so any further information that you can post would be appreciated. Thanks!Beth Vataker >> Maureen,> > The test you can do to check for the gluten and casein allergies can > be done with a blood draw and at the office where I work, BodyMed > with Dr Zeno we can do it for $7 each. > Great Plains only does the urine for the casein and gluten peptides, > we work with them also, but I think taht for the situation you are > on, Allettes lab is going to be better, adn as I said before, the > price to check for gluten and casein will be only $14.> Give me a call to the office, we can help you and Dr Zeno can see > your child and you can pay for

the consultation little by little, it > is only $300. Also most of the initial testing can be covered by > insurance, even medicaid.> > You can contact me at (954)584-3198> > Luciana