back surgery as far as recovery time goes. It takes a long time to

recover.

Take Care,

Diane

>

> ,

>

> I think you were wise to front end the " you look better so you must

> be better " thing right now before family gets to far ahead of you.

> This way you will always be able to wiggle yur finger and

> say " Remember, I told you even though I look better I have a long

way

> to go until I am better, I am sorry I can't _________________

> (whatever).

>

> I really don't know what to say about your daughters birth request.

I

> honestly think it might be very challenging just 6 weeks after

> surgery to be up with her at delivery. And, as to staying with her,

I

> honestly would advise you against it if I had to say right now, not

> knowing what kind of recovery you will have. I say that because I

> don't think there is anything needier than a newborn infant and

your

> own child who will probably be somewhat overwhelmed. I realize that

> you are saying you wouldn't do anything...but ask yourself how

likely

> it would be if she or the baby needed something if you wouldn't

try.

> I think you may underestimate how needy you will still be, and

> depending on your pain levels, still under quite a bit of

medication.

> I think I would lower her expectations, and tell her that if you do

> very well and feel up to it that you will come see her for a day or

> two, but that she should plan to have others take on whatever

support

> roles she feels she needs to have in the hospital and when she

first

> comes home. Look at it this way, at least you will be very

available

> by telephone when she calls with all the questions a new mother is

> bound to have!

>

> Thats my advice...but please realize it's just an opinion!

>

> Take Care, Cam

>

Guest guest

Melinda,

Okay girlfirend, you are on the calendar...and a surgical twin with

who is scheduled to have her 2nd stage the same day.

I don't know about you guys...but between now and then I have to pack

up and move overseas...I will be glad when July is over!!

Take Care, Cam

Guest guest

I have to say I agree with Cam. Feeling well enough 6 weeks post op to help anyone with anything sounds impossible to me, let alone something so emotionally charged and needy as a newborn and his/her mother! But, who knows, maybe you'll beat the odds. I think the most important thing is to prepare your daughter for your not being there, in case you can't do it. If you discuss it with her now instead of later, it may lessen the guilt if it turns out you can't help. Also, the conversation be easier now as you are both bound to be less emotional now than then. Good luck to both of you!

Bonnie

[ ] Re: Surgery Date

,I think you were wise to front end the "you look better so you must be better" thing right now before family gets to far ahead of you. This way you will always be able to wiggle yur finger and say "Remember, I told you even though I look better I have a long way to go until I am better, I am sorry I can't _________________(whatever).I really don't know what to say about your daughters birth request. I honestly think it might be very challenging just 6 weeks after surgery to be up with her at delivery. And, as to staying with her, I honestly would advise you against it if I had to say right now, not knowing what kind of recovery you will have. I say that because I don't think there is anything needier than a newborn infant and your own child who will probably be somewhat overwhelmed. I realize that you are saying you wouldn't do anything...but ask yourself how likely it would be if she or the baby needed something if you wouldn't try. I think you may underestimate how needy you will still be, and depending on your pain levels, still under quite a bit of medication. I think I would lower her expectations, and tell her that if you do very well and feel up to it that you will come see her for a day or two, but that she should plan to have others take on whatever support roles she feels she needs to have in the hospital and when she first comes home. Look at it this way, at least you will be very available by telephone when she calls with all the questions a new mother is bound to have!Thats my advice...but please realize it's just an opinion!Take Care, Cam

Guest guest

Cam I do realize that all that you give me is advice and opinions and that is what I want, I always tell myself and my girls "Listen to advice, you don't have to follow it but its good because it makes you think" and that is what you do for me and others in this group. For example I didn't think of the fact yes we both know I am not going to be able to do anything physically for the baby or her. But your right what would I do if the baby or my daughter needed me to do something more then likely I would probably try........so I will think hard on that one........and come up with something. Wow you are moving that must be exciting.....It sounds like you travel alot, Ronnie and I always talk about wanting to travel, I did have the luxary of going to different places in the states when I was younger. But I have never been out of the country well except to Canada when I was younger. My neighbor travels alot for

business overseas and I love when she comes back with pitcures and stories. Can I ask why you are moving? cammaltby <cammaltby@...> wrote: ,I think you were wise to front end the "you look better so you must be better" thing right now before family gets to far ahead of you. This way you will always be able to wiggle yur finger and say "Remember, I told you even though I look better I have a long way to go until I am better, I

am sorry I can't _________________(whatever).I really don't know what to say about your daughters birth request. I honestly think it might be very challenging just 6 weeks after surgery to be up with her at delivery. And, as to staying with her, I honestly would advise you against it if I had to say right now, not knowing what kind of recovery you will have. I say that because I don't think there is anything needier than a newborn infant and your own child who will probably be somewhat overwhelmed. I realize that you are saying you wouldn't do anything...but ask yourself how likely it would be if she or the baby needed something if you wouldn't try. I think you may underestimate how needy you will still be, and depending on your pain levels, still under quite a bit of medication. I think I would lower her expectations, and tell her that if you do very well and feel up to it that you will come see her for a

day or two, but that she should plan to have others take on whatever support roles she feels she needs to have in the hospital and when she first comes home. Look at it this way, at least you will be very available by telephone when she calls with all the questions a new mother is bound to have!Thats my advice...but please realize it's just an opinion!Take Care, Cam Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Cam I do realize that all that you give me is advice and opinions and that is what I want, I always tell myself and my girls "Listen to advice, you don't have to follow it but its good because it makes you think" and that is what you do for me and others in this group. For example I didn't think of the fact yes we both know I am not going to be able to do anything physically for the baby or her. But your right what would I do if the baby or my daughter needed me to do something more then likely I would probably try........so I will think hard on that one........and come up with something. Wow you are moving that must be exciting.....It sounds like you travel alot, Ronnie and I always talk about wanting to travel, I did have the luxary of going to different places in the states when I was younger. But I have never been out of the country well except to Canada when I was younger. My neighbor travels alot for

business overseas and I love when she comes back with pitcures and stories. Can I ask why you are moving? cammaltby <cammaltby@...> wrote: ,I think you were wise to front end the "you look better so you must be better" thing right now before family gets to far ahead of you. This way you will always be able to wiggle yur finger and say "Remember, I told you even though I look better I have a long way to go until I am better, I

am sorry I can't _________________(whatever).I really don't know what to say about your daughters birth request. I honestly think it might be very challenging just 6 weeks after surgery to be up with her at delivery. And, as to staying with her, I honestly would advise you against it if I had to say right now, not knowing what kind of recovery you will have. I say that because I don't think there is anything needier than a newborn infant and your own child who will probably be somewhat overwhelmed. I realize that you are saying you wouldn't do anything...but ask yourself how likely it would be if she or the baby needed something if you wouldn't try. I think you may underestimate how needy you will still be, and depending on your pain levels, still under quite a bit of medication. I think I would lower her expectations, and tell her that if you do very well and feel up to it that you will come see her for a

day or two, but that she should plan to have others take on whatever support roles she feels she needs to have in the hospital and when she first comes home. Look at it this way, at least you will be very available by telephone when she calls with all the questions a new mother is bound to have!Thats my advice...but please realize it's just an opinion!Take Care, Cam Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Hi Melinda!

The 23rd of July is the date of my 2nd stage surgery with Dr Ondra

in Chicago :) (1st stage is the 16th) So we'll be in the same

recovery boat!

>

> Cam,

>

> My surgery is scheduled for Monday, July 23 with Dr. LaGrone in

> Amarillo if you want to put it on the calendar.

>

>

> Thanks,

>

> Melinda

>

Guest guest

! I'm glad someone will be in the boat with me! I will post as soon as I can- and have my husband post. I hope you do the same so I can hear how you are doing. I'll be thinking and praying for you! Melindarebeccamaas <rebeccamaas@...> wrote: Hi Melinda!The 23rd of July is the date of my 2nd stage surgery with Dr Ondra in Chicago :) (1st stage is the 16th) So we'll be in the same recovery boat!>> Cam,> > My surgery is scheduled for Monday, July 23 with Dr. LaGrone in > Amarillo if you want to put it on the calendar. > > > Thanks, > > Melinda>

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

The best to you Jane. Which I'm sure you will have because you

have one of the best doctors. I went to Sinai once for cortisone

shots, but decided for various reasons to have my knees replaced

locally. When it comes time for the hip replacements, I'm going back

to Sinai and Dr. Mont. Sinai with its Rubin Institute is a wonderful

place.

Warm regards,

Donna

>

> Got my date for my right hip replacement. I'm set for June 7th.

>

> Anyone else going to Sinai in MD for replacement?

>

> Now to do all the pre op stuff. Last replacement was scheduled on

a

> Wednesday for that Friday (722/05) so I rushed through everything at

> Sinai and never had time to get anxious or to prepare properly at

home.

> This time I will be ready! This hip is not as bad as the last one,

but I

> do not see any point in waiting until the paid becomes unbearable.

Wish

> I could have both knees done at the same time, but Dr Mont says

that is

> too much of a strain on a body unless totally necessary! And also

> suggests that fixing the hip might ease the knee problems. Anyone

else

> have both knees and hips go at the same time?

> MJ

>

Guest guest

.....I am and i wanted to congratulate you on your choice of

surgeons....Dr. Mont is one of the top hip resurfaces surgeons in the

country as well. I would like to ask you a question, if i may? Why did

you choose a total hip replacement over a hip resurface procedure, since

Dr. Mont does both? Is there a reason he did not want to do a hip re-

surface on you? It seems that the latter is the less invasive of the two

procedures since it is bone conserving and leaves the femoral bone

intact.....Thanks for answering........

Guest guest

Hi Everyone:

My wound is healing wonderfully, so I have my surgery date of Tuesday,

April 21. I can't wait!!!!

My knee pain was less today, and I am very grateful for that!!

Hugs,

Barbara

Guest guest

I am so pleased for you. It will be wonderful to have this behind you.

Many blessings...

Raniolo

Subject: [ ] Surgery Date

Date: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 5:06 PM

Hi Everyone:

My wound is healing wonderfully, so I have my surgery date of Tuesday,

April 21. I can't wait!!!!

My knee pain was less today, and I am very grateful for that!!

Hugs,

Barbara