RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

New here

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ! I just wanted to send a quick response of support to you. You are right to follow your instincts and seek help for your son. I am sorry that you are not being supported by family members --- that's really hard. The issues that you described are very good reasons to seek a doctor that can help you. Can you find a reputable developmental pediatrician in your area? Is there a "children's hospital" in a larger town that you can make an appointment with? I have found that the best and most helpful thing to do is to find an excellent doctor with whom I am comfortable with. Maybe your OT could recommend a doctor.

From: mary <mary_flacy2002@...>Subject: ( ) New here Date: Monday, January 26, 2009, 2:13 AM

Hi I am new here. My name is and I dont exactly know if I belong here yet because we havent been diagnosed,but I have been searching for support for the few months. I have 6 boys,one of them almost 5 who goes for the ADOS eval next week on the 2nd. I have been trying to get help with my son for quiet awhile now but up til recently I was being put off by them telling me that he was just a little boy.I have been researching on this since he was 1 yrs old. I was originally told at that age that he had autism. I didnt agree but knew something wasnt quite right. Along with every other issue my son also has mild cerebral palsy. Right now he gets ot,pt and st. We go through a counseling group but it does not seem to help the behaviors we have at home. A little about my son,he hates loud noises,has severe sensory issues(on pediasure because of it and wont eat anything but sandwiches and

cereal). He has recently started collecting the reciepts when we leave the stores and brings them home to a drawer. He rips up paper for what seems to be no reason. He has a strong attachment to me,does not like to be without me if he doesnt know when I am coming back. He still sleeps in my bed next to me all night. He is currently in preschool for the 2nd yr and he does not really play with anyone. He will run around the playground in a complete circle over and over again or just go down the slide. He will sit at circle time but does not communicate too much with other kids. I ask him did you play with someone today and he will say yes,I ask who and he will say he cant remember. His teachers say that they have noticed a high pain tolerance,no sense of fear and when trying to explain things sometimes,he will go blank on you.These are not all of things concerning me but I was hoping to get

someones opinion who is better knowledged at this than me. I keep researching but not finding much. Oh,a few of his other issues are distractability, impulsivity, adhd and anxiety. He is currently on Strattera at night and ritalin in the morning.I would appreciate any help I can get. I am in a small town and dont really have any friends. The little family we do have thinks hes just a little kid whos spoiled and think I am nuts. His father I dont think wants to accept it either.Thank you

Guest guest

Hi, ,Also a quick note of support...My son is 16 with Aspergers, HF...Always when he is asked a question, he goes blank...he has ever since he was little. It's only been recently that we've discovered (though studying) that when he goes blank, he is often mentally searching for the words to our question. He has a hard time putting what he is thinking and feeling into actual words. I always used to think that he was ignoring me. Now I know that he is just kind of "stalling" for time to put his thoughts and words together. Hope that this helps!Best wishes ☺,Cheryl Benkert From: mary_flacy2002@...Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 07:13:10 +0000Subject: ( ) New hereHi I am new here. My name is and I dont exactly know if I belong here yet because we havent been diagnosed,but I have been searching for support for the few months. I have 6 boys,one of them almost 5 who goes for the ADOS eval next week on the 2nd. I have been trying to get help with my son for quiet awhile now but up til recently I was being put off by them telling me that he was just a little boy.I have been researching on this since he was 1 yrs old. I was originally told at that age that he had autism. I didnt agree but knew something wasnt quite right. Along with every other issue my son also has mild cerebral palsy. Right now he gets ot,pt and st. We go through a counseling group but it does not seem to help the behaviors we have at home. A little about my son,he hates loud noises,has severe sensory issues(on pediasure because of it and wont eat anything but sandwiches and cereal). He has recently started collecting the reciepts when we leave the stores and brings them home to a drawer. He rips up paper for what seems to be no reason. He has a strong attachment to me,does not like to be without me if he doesnt know when I am coming back. He still sleeps in my bed next to me all night. He is currently in preschool for the 2nd yr and he does not really play with anyone. He will run around the playground in a complete circle over and over again or just go down the slide. He will sit at circle time but does not communicate too much with other kids. I ask him did you play with someone today and he will say yes,I ask who and he will say he cant remember. His teachers say that they have noticed a high pain tolerance,no sense of fear and when trying to explain things sometimes,he will go blank on you.These are not all of things concerning me but I was hoping to get someones opinion who is better knowledged at this than me. I keep researching but not finding much. Oh,a few of his other issues are distractability,impulsivity,adhd and anxiety. He is currently on Strattera at night and ritalin in the morning.I would appreciate any help I can get. I am in a small town and dont really have any friends. The little family we do have thinks hes just a little kid whos spoiled and think I am nuts. His father I dont think wants to accept it either.Thank you

Guest guest

Thanks for the support.

We are currently on waiting lists for the childrens hospitals. I dont have much faith in some of them since he has been seen for his Cerebral Palsy issues and they were useless. I am waiting for the mind instatute from UCD but that can be a 2 yr wait. As for the ped,he doesnt have great insurance. We have a reg one and shes doing all she can to help but I dont know why its taking so long for people to help. I am glad someone wrote back,I was unsure when I was writing if I was doing the right thing,sometimes I still wonder if I am wrong and it is just me babying him since he does have the physical issues.

Thanks again,

From: mary <mary_flacy2002>Subject: ( ) New here Date: Monday, January 26, 2009, 2:13 AM

Hi I am new here. My name is and I dont exactly know if I belong here yet because we havent been diagnosed,but I have been searching for support for the few months. I have 6 boys,one of them almost 5 who goes for the ADOS eval next week on the 2nd. I have been trying to get help with my son for quiet awhile now but up til recently I was being put off by them telling me that he was just a little boy.I have been researching on this since he was 1 yrs old. I was originally told at that age that he had autism. I didnt agree but knew something wasnt quite right. Along with every other issue my son also has mild cerebral palsy. Right now he gets ot,pt and st. We go through a counseling group but it does not seem to help the behaviors we have at home. A little about my son,he hates loud noises,has severe sensory issues(on pediasure because of it and wont eat anything but sandwiches and

cereal). He has recently started collecting the reciepts when we leave the stores and brings them home to a drawer. He rips up paper for what seems to be no reason. He has a strong attachment to me,does not like to be without me if he doesnt know when I am coming back. He still sleeps in my bed next to me all night. He is currently in preschool for the 2nd yr and he does not really play with anyone. He will run around the playground in a complete circle over and over again or just go down the slide. He will sit at circle time but does not communicate too much with other kids. I ask him did you play with someone today and he will say yes,I ask who and he will say he cant remember. His teachers say that they have noticed a high pain tolerance,no sense of fear and when trying to explain things sometimes,he will go blank on you.These are not all of things concerning me but I was hoping to get

someones opinion who is better knowledged at this than me. I keep researching but not finding much. Oh,a few of his other issues are distractability, impulsivity, adhd and anxiety. He is currently on Strattera at night and ritalin in the morning.I would appreciate any help I can get. I am in a small town and dont really have any friends. The little family we do have thinks hes just a little kid whos spoiled and think I am nuts. His father I dont think wants to accept it either.Thank you

Guest guest

Hi .

This is a great group of gals (1 or 2 men, too?), so I know you'll feel right at home, here.

Robin

Normal is just a cycle on a washing machine!!

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

From: mary <mary_flacy2002@...>Subject: ( ) New here Date: Monday, January 26, 2009, 1:13 AM

Guest guest

>

> I keep

> researching but not finding much.

Hi . I have a 14yo son who has Asperger and Developmental

Coordination Disorder. I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for,

but here are the dx criteria for Asperger.

Diagnostic Criteria for 299.80 Asperger's Disorder

1. Qualitative impairment in social interaction, as manifested by

at least two of the following:

1. marked impairment in the use of multiple nonverbal

behaviors such as eye-to eye gaze, facial expression, body postures,

and gestures to regulate social interaction

2. failure to develop peer relationships appropriate to

developmental level

3. a lack of spontaneous seeking to share enjoyment,

interests, or achievements with other people (e.g., by a lack of

showing, bringing, or pointing out objects of interest to other people)

4. lack of social or emotional reciprocity

2. Restricted repetitive and stereotyped patterns of behavior,

interests and activities, as manifested by at least one of the following:

1. encompassing preoccupation with one or more stereotyped

and restricted patterns of interest that is abnormal either in

intensity of focus

2. apparently inflexible adherence to specific, nonfunctional

routines or rituals

3. stereotyped and repetitive motor mannerisms (e.g., hand or

finger flapping or twisting, or complex whole-body movements)

4. persistent preoccupation with parts of objects

3. The disturbance causes clinically significant impairment in

social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

4. There is no clinically significant general delay in language

(e.g., single words used by age 2 years, communicative phrases used by

age 3 years).

5. There is no clinically significant delay in cognitive

development or in the development of age-appropriate self-help skills,

adaptive behavior (other than in social interaction), and curiosity

about the environment in childhood.

6. Criteria are not met for another specific Pervasive

Developmental Disorder or Schizophrenia.

The books our neuropsych recommended to me really helped. Hopefully

during your upcoming evaluation they can give you some reading that

applies specifically to your son's flavor of the spectrum. My husband

was kinda the same way, but hearing it from a professional helped.

Ruth

Guest guest

Hi ....

You son sounds like he is Asperger's....but of course he would need an official dx. yes, I was told I spoiled my son too....My son slept in our bed too and then he got to big and my husband went to his bed....we have finally gotten him to sleep in his own bed this year...12 ...and it happened overnight and that was the end of it...

You will find a lot of nice people here with lots of information and good sites to go to. So, welcome....even if your son isn't AS.

Jan

Janice Rushen

"I will try to be open to all avenues of wisdom and hope"

From: Cheryl Benkert <cherylbenkert@...>Subject: RE: ( ) New hereAspergers Treatment Date: Monday, January 26, 2009, 9:34 AM

Hi, ,Also a quick note of support...My son is 16 with Aspergers, HF...Always when he is asked a question, he goes blank...he has ever since he was little. It's only been recently that we've discovered (though studying) that when he goes blank, he is often mentally searching for the words to our question. He has a hard time putting what he is thinking and feeling into actual words. I always used to think that he was ignoring me. Now I know that he is just kind of "stalling" for time to put his thoughts and words together. Hope that this helps!Best wishes ☺,Cheryl Benkert

From: mary_flacy2002Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 07:13:10 +0000Subject: ( ) New here

Hi I am new here. My name is and I dont exactly know if I belong here yet because we havent been diagnosed,but I have been searching for support for the few months. I have 6 boys,one of them almost 5 who goes for the ADOS eval next week on the 2nd. I have been trying to get help with my son for quiet awhile now but up til recently I was being put off by them telling me that he was just a little boy.I have been researching on this since he was 1 yrs old. I was originally told at that age that he had autism. I didnt agree but knew something wasnt quite right. Along with every other issue my son also has mild cerebral palsy. Right now he gets ot,pt and st. We go through a counseling group but it does not seem to help the behaviors we have at home. A little about my son,he hates loud noises,has severe sensory issues(on pediasure because of it and wont eat anything but

sandwiches and cereal). He has recently started collecting the reciepts when we leave the stores and brings them home to a drawer. He rips up paper for what seems to be no reason. He has a strong attachment to me,does not like to be without me if he doesnt know when I am coming back. He still sleeps in my bed next to me all night. He is currently in preschool for the 2nd yr and he does not really play with anyone. He will run around the playground in a complete circle over and over again or just go down the slide. He will sit at circle time but does not communicate too much with other kids. I ask him did you play with someone today and he will say yes,I ask who and he will say he cant remember. His teachers say that they have noticed a high pain tolerance,no sense of fear and when trying to explain things sometimes,he will go blank on you.These are not all of things concerning me but I was hoping

to get someones opinion who is better knowledged at this than me. I keep researching but not finding much. Oh,a few of his other issues are distractability, impulsivity, adhd and anxiety. He is currently on Strattera at night and ritalin in the morning.I would appreciate any help I can get. I am in a small town and dont really have any friends. The little family we do have thinks hes just a little kid whos spoiled and think I am nuts. His father I dont think wants to accept it either.Thank you

Guest guest

Hi ,

I'm Sharon and from New Jersey.

I have an 18 yr. old asperger's child.

Sounds like what you describe is Asperger's Syrndrome,

with the loud noises, sensory issues, repetitiveness and also being

a loner. Hopefully the evaluation will help clear things up.

Read what you can about asperger's and autism.

Good luck with the evaluation.

From: mary <mary_flacy2002@...>Subject: ( ) New here Date: Monday, January 26, 2009, 2:13 AM

Guest guest

Hi ,

Your son does the EXACT same things my son did at that age, and his

dx is Autism Spectrum/Asperger's/Anxiety (That's the " official " dx)

He is 8 1/2 now, takes celexa for anxiety. still doesn't like loud

noises. When he was 6 he wouldn't eat anything for a month except

teaberry ice cream, that's not all that easy to find!! NOW he eats

like a horse, in fact the Dr. put him on a diet! He's doing GREAT

now, he's in a regular classroom with a full time aide, some academic

issues we are working on but only because I think he learns

differenty that other children. His social skills are improving, but

for a while he had no interest in other children, that really has

changed. He amazes me every day, he's a totally different kid now

than he was a few years ago, he has made SO much progress. Good

luck Tammy

>

> Hi I am new here. My name is and I dont exactly know if I

belong

> here yet because we havent been diagnosed,but I have been searching

> for support for the few months.

>

> I have 6 boys,one of them almost 5 who goes for the ADOS eval

next

> week on the 2nd. I have been trying to get help with my son for

quiet

> awhile now but up til recently I was being put off by them telling

me

> that he was just a little boy.

>

> I have been researching on this since he was 1 yrs old. I was

> originally told at that age that he had autism. I didnt agree but

> knew something wasnt quite right. Along with every other issue my

son

> also has mild cerebral palsy. Right now he gets ot,pt and st. We go

> through a counseling group but it does not seem to help the

behaviors

> we have at home. A little about my son,he hates loud noises,has

> severe sensory issues(on pediasure because of it and wont eat

> anything but sandwiches and cereal). He has recently started

> collecting the reciepts when we leave the stores and brings them

home

> to a drawer. He rips up paper for what seems to be no reason. He

has

> a strong attachment to me,does not like to be without me if he

doesnt

> know when I am coming back. He still sleeps in my bed next to me

all

> night. He is currently in preschool for the 2nd yr and he does not

> really play with anyone. He will run around the playground in a

> complete circle over and over again or just go down the slide. He

> will sit at circle time but does not communicate too much with

other

> kids. I ask him did you play with someone today and he will say

yes,I

> ask who and he will say he cant remember. His teachers say that

they

> have noticed a high pain tolerance,no sense of fear and when trying

> to explain things sometimes,he will go blank on you.

>

> These are not all of things concerning me but I was hoping to get

> someones opinion who is better knowledged at this than me. I keep

> researching but not finding much. Oh,a few of his other issues are

> distractability,impulsivity,adhd and anxiety. He is currently on

> Strattera at night and ritalin in the morning.

>

> I would appreciate any help I can get. I am in a small town and

> dont really have any friends. The little family we do have thinks

hes

> just a little kid whos spoiled and think I am nuts. His father I

dont

> think wants to accept it either.

>

> Thank you

>

Guest guest

Welcome Theresa!

It sounds like you have been busy this last year learning about

apraxia and how to help your daughter!

Information about fish oil:

/links

folder = (Advice 101) Essential Fatty Acids - Fish Oil

EFA information, links, and archived messages

You can also read at nordicnaturals.com

HTH,

Tina

>

> Hello,

>

> My name is . I have been married for nearly 10 years, we

have

> 3 beautiful daughter's and we live in Michigan. *Waving*

>

> My youngest daughter, Madalyn was officially diagnosed last April

> with Verbal Apraxia (aka Apraxia of Speech) at the age of 3 years.

> After jumping thru hoop after hoop (a year to be exact!) trying to

> get a speech evaluation thru our local school district I finally

said

> enough was enough, started doing more research and out of the blue

> ran across the Kaufman Children Center's website.

>

> I contacted the Kaufman children's center and spoke to

directly

> asking a few questions and then we agreed on an appointment date

and

> time for Maddy to be evaluated.

>

> The appt. went very well. was very thorough in her

> interpretation of my daughter, asking questions, prompting her to

> repeat words with the use of toys/flashcards. After our

appointment

> she stated that Maddy exhibited nearly every single sign of verbal

> apraxia and she also displayed signs of some minor SID (sensory

> integration disorder) issues.

>

> A week later, after finally receiving a call from our local school

> district for an appt. (go figure!) to be evaluated I agreed to take

> her in. I figured at this point it couldn't hurt to have a second

> opinion.

>

> The following week Maddy was taken in for her second round of

speech

> eval. and low and behold another diagnosis. This time, initially

it

> was thought that she had a phonological disorder. Something that

I'm

> sure you are all aware resembles verbal apraxia. Only there are

key

> elements to each disorder that make them unique from each other.

>

> We initially started speech in the public district while we sorted

> out how to afford speech services at Kaufman. It was only about 2

> weeks later that we started speech at Kaufman.

>

> After only a few weeks in our public school systems speech therapy

> classes, the speech pathologist began comparing apraxia to

> phonological disorders to try and pin point the differences and

> figure out if Maddy was favoring one disorder over the other. Sure

> enough, she soon realized that Maddy most definitely favored verbal

> apraxia. However, due to the school system and the fact they would

> not recognize verbal apraxia, she still had to state on the IEP

that

> it was a phonological disorder. I still don't get that and

probably

> never will.

>

> Today, Maddy is still attending Kaufman Children Center every week.

> We're also in a new public school district where she is seen once a

> week as well. The nice thing about this class is they study/use

the

> kaufman method for speech therapy, but they also do a lot of

physical

> activities that seem to really help with her SID.

>

> I am glad to find this group and I hope to meet other parents in

> similar situations. I'm also really hoping to learn more about the

> fish oil supplements that I keep reading about everywhere. I do

have

> concerns (mercury) about them but I would love to hear experiences.

>

> Thanks for having me!

> (Phew, I'm long winded LOL)

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi, Joyce.

Did you get the essential elements hair test done? Is it DDI's report? If

you can't upload it to the files section, we need all the figures including

the amount, ref range, and the color bands.

I'm going to suggest buying Hair Test Interpretation book (noamalgam.com).

This tells you how to apply counting rules to determine mercury toxicity,

help you identify and eliminate sources, and to determine which essential

elements are worth supplementing.

Here's how you apply counting rules:

http://home.earthlink.net/~moriam/HOW_TO_hair_test.html#counting_rules

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Mike Lindsey <kcbdsharky@...> wrote:

> I'm new here and I need some help desperately. I have gotten my hair

> analysis back for my 5 year old son but I have a disagreement with the

> doctor so I have no one to interpret for me.

>

> I see that others have posted their report but I'm not sure that I

> know how to do that. Here are some concerning things:

>

> Arsenic 1.1 Reference Range <.080

> The graph on the right side of the page shows this off the chart.

>

> Lead 1.7 Reference Range <1.0

>

> Uranium 0.12 Reference Range <.060

>

> Total Toxic Representation is almost all the way across the red zone

> of the chart. What does all this mean?

>

> Thanks,

> Joyce Lindsey

>

>

Guest guest

I did figure how to upload it. It is under hairanalysis.jpg in the

HairTests folder. The file is dated January 28, 2009 and it says

Sam's hair test underneath. Please look at that and let me know what

you think. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow at 11:30 am but

this is a traditional doctor.

Thanks,

Joyce

>

> > I'm new here and I need some help desperately. I have gotten my hair

> > analysis back for my 5 year old son but I have a disagreement with the

> > doctor so I have no one to interpret for me.

> >

> > I see that others have posted their report but I'm not sure that I

> > know how to do that. Here are some concerning things:

> >

> > Arsenic 1.1 Reference Range <.080

> > The graph on the right side of the page shows this off the chart.

> >

> > Lead 1.7 Reference Range <1.0

> >

> > Uranium 0.12 Reference Range <.060

> >

> > Total Toxic Representation is almost all the way across the red zone

> > of the chart. What does all this mean?

> >

> > Thanks,

> > Joyce Lindsey

> >

> >

>

>

>

Guest guest

It doesn't meet the counting rules, so toxic elements is fairly accurate

presentation of body burden. BUT, it almost meets the rules with 3 elements

in the red and another one almost in the red. It could be that mercury is

retaining arsenic - hard to tell for sure. So find the source of mercury and

arsenic (and other high toxic metals). Andy also says lead in yellow is a

huge concern. You need to look for sources of lead also and begin chelating

w/ DMSA only at first, then add ALA.

Some arsenic source:

pre-2003 (I think) outdoor lumber such as decks, swingsets, that are not

finished or the finishing is flaking off

agricultural pesticides especially grains - use organic whenever possible

(although there's an arsenic fallout in organic foods that are grown in S.

California)

non-organic chickens are fed arsenic

seafood

certain ant traps

firewood

http://danasview.net/metals

I believe DMSA chelates arsenic (I know it does mercury and lead). Start at

1/8 mg per pound of body weight and dose at least every 4 hours, including

at night, for 3 days on and as many days off. More details on chelation

here:

http://onibasu.com/wiki/Cutler_protocol

Do get the hair test book - it has a whole lot of info about essential

minerals as well.

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Mike Lindsey <kcbdsharky@...> wrote:

> I did figure how to upload it. It is under hairanalysis.jpg in the

> HairTests folder. The file is dated January 28, 2009 and it says

> Sam's hair test underneath. Please look at that and let me know what

> you think. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow at 11:30 am but

> this is a traditional doctor.

>

> Thanks,

> Joyce

>

>

> >

> > > I'm new here and I need some help desperately. I have gotten my hair

> > > analysis back for my 5 year old son but I have a disagreement with the

> > > doctor so I have no one to interpret for me.

> > >

> > > I see that others have posted their report but I'm not sure that I

> > > know how to do that. Here are some concerning things:

> > >

> > > Arsenic 1.1 Reference Range <.080

> > > The graph on the right side of the page shows this off the chart.

> > >

> > > Lead 1.7 Reference Range <1.0

> > >

> > > Uranium 0.12 Reference Range <.060

> > >

> > > Total Toxic Representation is almost all the way across the red zone

> > > of the chart. What does all this mean?

> > >

> > > Thanks,

> > > Joyce Lindsey

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

took a peek...things that stood out for me...zinc is low, cadmium

high, would look into this - they compete, in a way similar to

lead/calcium...antimony is highish - related to arsenic toxicity, wold

look into the antimony sources too...things that work for mercury,

work for arsenic - sulfur connection there...is he taking any supps?

these can " normalize " a hair test, and even tho' someone counted &

applied rules, it looks mercury toxic to me, especially combined with

the lowish mercury. (I avoid the counting stuff, not good at

it)...definitely browse the metals page at Dana's site...wishing you

the best, elizabeth

> >

> > > I'm new here and I need some help desperately. I have gotten my

hair

> > > analysis back for my 5 year old son but I have a disagreement

with the

> > > doctor so I have no one to interpret for me.

> > >

> > > I see that others have posted their report but I'm not sure that I

> > > know how to do that. Here are some concerning things:

> > >

> > > Arsenic 1.1 Reference Range <.080

> > > The graph on the right side of the page shows this off the chart.

> > >

> > > Lead 1.7 Reference Range <1.0

> > >

> > > Uranium 0.12 Reference Range <.060

> > >

> > > Total Toxic Representation is almost all the way across the red zone

> > > of the chart. What does all this mean?

> > >

> > > Thanks,

> > > Joyce Lindsey

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

He is taking nothing currently. He is a good eater for everything

except pasta. I previously have done CFGF for about 2 1/2 months,

digestive enzymes, and some supplements but nothing seemed to have

that " wow " effect that I have heard so many people mention. He has a

medical diagnosis of apraxia. About 75% of the doctors say he doesn't

have autism and 25% of the doctors say that he does have autism. In

preschool he was always put with autistic, non-speaking children and

he is currently in Kindergarten with life skills class and

non-speaking peers which does nothing for his apraxia. Communication

is his biggest issue and most people feel he is social. He had 5

whole words before going to school and is now non-verbal. He did chew

on toys (lead paint?) alot between the ages of 18 months - 4 1/2

years. He had his MMR shot at 15 months but that was the last one he

had. He really developed typical until that shot. He has no dental

fillings. He is my third child so I have two typically developing

children before him. He has had DNA tests that show no autism

markers, no Fragile X, normal MRI, etc.

Thanks,

Joyce

> > >

> > > > I'm new here and I need some help desperately. I have gotten my

> hair

> > > > analysis back for my 5 year old son but I have a disagreement

> with the

> > > > doctor so I have no one to interpret for me.

> > > >

> > > > I see that others have posted their report but I'm not sure that I

> > > > know how to do that. Here are some concerning things:

> > > >

> > > > Arsenic 1.1 Reference Range <.080

> > > > The graph on the right side of the page shows this off the chart.

> > > >

> > > > Lead 1.7 Reference Range <1.0

> > > >

> > > > Uranium 0.12 Reference Range <.060

> > > >

> > > > Total Toxic Representation is almost all the way across the

red zone

> > > > of the chart. What does all this mean?

> > > >

> > > > Thanks,

> > > > Joyce Lindsey

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

Guest guest

Poor thing...

I just thought about another arsenic source, which is well water, but since

your other 2 are fine, then you might not need to get your water tested. If

you have city water I would still get a detailed analysis though just to

make sure.

Antimony could be high due to flame retardant material on sleepwear, etc.

Mattresses off-gas a lot of toxic chemicals, so I wrapped ours in food-grade

polyethylene.

http://www.offgassing-mattress-wraps.com/mattress-wraps.htm

There should be a supplement recommendation in the files section. And I

would definitely look into de-yeasting - a lot of mercury-toxic people have

candida overgrowth.

GL.

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 8:10 PM, Mike Lindsey <kcbdsharky@...> wrote:

> He is taking nothing currently. He is a good eater for everything

> except pasta. I previously have done CFGF for about 2 1/2 months,

> digestive enzymes, and some supplements but nothing seemed to have

> that " wow " effect that I have heard so many people mention. He has a

> medical diagnosis of apraxia. About 75% of the doctors say he doesn't

> have autism and 25% of the doctors say that he does have autism. In

> preschool he was always put with autistic, non-speaking children and

> he is currently in Kindergarten with life skills class and

> non-speaking peers which does nothing for his apraxia. Communication

> is his biggest issue and most people feel he is social. He had 5

> whole words before going to school and is now non-verbal. He did chew

> on toys (lead paint?) alot between the ages of 18 months - 4 1/2

> years. He had his MMR shot at 15 months but that was the last one he

> had. He really developed typical until that shot. He has no dental

> fillings. He is my third child so I have two typically developing

> children before him. He has had DNA tests that show no autism

> markers, no Fragile X, normal MRI, etc.

>

> Thanks,

> Joyce

>

Guest guest

>>He had 5

> whole words before going to school and is now non-verbal. He did chew

> on toys (lead paint?) alot between the ages of 18 months - 4 1/2

> years. He had his MMR shot at 15 months but that was the last one he

> had. He really developed typical until that shot.

I have read that fish oil and B vitamins are good for apraxia.

What my son needed for speech is written here

http://www.danasview.net/issues.htm

Dana

Guest guest

Welcome to our group ! Some of the symptoms remind me a lot of my own ds, who is hfa and now 20 yo! When he was a little guy, he would cling to me for dear life all the time. Naturally, everyone would comment on it as if I caused his problems and that was one symptom of it. lol. When he was older, middle school age, he started shredding paper as his way to stim/burn off anxiety. Let us know how your eval goes!

RoxannaYou're UniqueJust like everyone else...

( ) New here

Hi I am new here. My name is and I dont exactly know if I belong here yet because we havent been diagnosed,but I have been searching for support for the few months. I have 6 boys,one of them almost 5 who goes for the ADOS eval next week on the 2nd. I have been trying to get help with my son for quiet awhile now but up til recently I was being put off by them telling me that he was just a little boy.I have been researching on this since he was 1 yrs old. I was originally told at that age that he had autism. I didnt agree but knew something wasnt quite right. Along with every other issue my son also has mild cerebral palsy. Right now he gets ot,pt and st. We go through a counseling group but it does not seem to help the behaviors we have at home. A little about my son,he hates loud noises,has severe sensory issues(on pediasure because of it and wont eat anything but sandwiches and cereal). He has recently started collecting the reciepts when we leave the stores and brings them home to a drawer. He rips up paper for what seems to be no reason. He has a strong attachment to me,does not like to be without me if he doesnt know when I am coming back. He still sleeps in my bed next to me all night. He is currently in preschool for the 2nd yr and he does not really play with anyone. He will run around the playground in a complete circle over and over again or just go down the slide. He will sit at circle time but does not communicate too much with other kids. I ask him did you play with someone today and he will say yes,I ask who and he will say he cant remember. His teachers say that they have noticed a high pain tolerance,no sense of fear and when trying to explain things sometimes,he will go blank on you.These are not all of things concerning me but I was hoping to get someones opinion who is better knowledged at this than me. I keep researching but not finding much. Oh,a few of his other issues are distractability,impulsivity,adhd and anxiety. He is currently on Strattera at night and ritalin in the morning.I would appreciate any help I can get. I am in a small town and dont really have any friends. The little family we do have thinks hes just a little kid whos spoiled and think I am nuts. His father I dont think wants to accept it either.Thank you

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.13/1916 - Release Date: 1/26/2009 7:08 AM

Guest guest

Hi Marie - welcome to the group. When I got to the point where I

couldn't work anymore and had to stop, I applied for SSD. You may also

qualify for SSDI depending on your household income. I'm sorry for the

pain you are suffering. Don't be afraid, be proactive. Ask lots of

questions of your doctors and be persistent in getting the best

treatment you can for your illnesses. We're all here to help and

support you as well.....Doreen :)

>

> Hello I was diagnsed a few weeks ago with RA I also have graves

> diease, nerapthy in my feet and legs, I have been in pain for awhile

> before they tested me for RA. I live in Alaska the cold plays a big

> part in the way I feel, Im alittle scared not knowing what to except

> with all this. Any info would be great. I'm a sinlge mom going on 48.

> Any info on not able to work any more what did you do??

> Thanks a bunch

> Marie

>

Guest guest

I hope u find answers in this group as I know I have. My son is dx with HFA/Aspergers. The journey is long, Seeing progress is very exciting. I too stuggle with what services he needs. I have done ST 2 days a week, OT 2 days a week, PT 1 day a week. Summer months we do social groups for developing social skills. We use viusal pecs and scedules. Even though my son can talk his expressive lang and low in pragmatic lang makes it hard for him to communicate. Rountine is very important to him. As for food we try to do mostly organic foods. Which is expensive so buying a freezing meals is a way to help. As for school that is a hard one...... He goes to a very good school. Although since my son has a the HFA it is hard gettting others to understand. It seems to me that since he is not on the severe end of the spectrum that some would rather say that its not that

bad and he is fine. I understand that no matter where u are on the spectrum that its still a challenge and that each child still needs help. I pray that ur journey goes well and that being a mother to a child with ASD that u prob will now earn your PH.D LOL!

From: T <juice00000@...>Subject: ( ) New here Date: Friday, March 20, 2009, 4:49 AM

Hello,I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a mom to a recently dx'ed HFA son who's 3 1/2. I'm still going through all the emotional stuff, while trying to find him services in an area with surprisingly few available! I am also trying to figure out just how much needs, since his dx is HFA I do not think he needs 40+ hours per week. I can see this is a lively group, and I'm sure I'll be posting lots as I try to find my way through it all.TJ

Guest guest

>

> My problem now is her youngest sister, 16 yrs. I have had to do much of the

raising of the 4 sisters since my daughter became incapacitated due to drugs and

other addictions. I have had DGD (dear granddaughter) for 3 years now. She is

much like her older sister but because the older one is so obviously disabled it

made it hard to see this one's disabilities. She was tested last year and got

an IEP but not a 504. They said she was just too smart. She was off the charts

in some areas and way below in others. They can't help.

So, what was her dx? They are bluffing you on the " can't help " thing, but that

is probably another post, if you are interested. What is on her 504 Plan (I'm

pretty sure that is what you meant--one can't get an IEP but not a 504)?

Welcome to the group--sorry to hear of your daughter's problems.

Ruth

Guest guest

Hi TJ! Welcome to our group. I have two ds's who have a dx of HFA as well. Feel free to join in anywhere you like!

Roxanna

The government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases:If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it.And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Reagan

( ) New here

Hello,I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a mom to a recently dx'ed HFA son who's 3 1/2. I'm still going through all the emotional stuff, while trying to find him services in an area with surprisingly few available! I am also trying to figure out just how much needs, since his dx is HFA I do not think he needs 40+ hours per week. I can see this is a lively group, and I'm sure I'll be posting lots as I try to find my way through it all.TJ

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.0.238 / Virus Database: 270.11.21/2014 - Release Date: 03/20/09 06:59:00

Guest guest

Thanks!

He goes to a spec ed (totally segregated from NTs :( )3x per week for 2.5 hours

a day. Somewhere in there is 30 mins of ST. I am trying to get him into OT, 45

mins a week at a ped. OT place, and am just waiting for the paperwork to clear.

Searching for summer stuff for ss; this OT place said they will have some, but

have no info out on anything yet. His school will also be holding a 3-week ss

program, 2 days a week, 2 hours a day.

Other than that, I just don't know. It does appear to be harder really, with

HFA, as it's not so clear-cut about needing early intensive therapies.

I can totally relate to those who disagree with our children's dx....my mother

is one of them, even though my son is 3 1/2 and can't eat with a spoon!

I have not seen any discussions around ABA here. Do any of you have experiences

with it? Is it typically for those under 3?

Thanks

>

>

> From: T <juice00000@...>

> Subject: ( ) New here

>

> Date: Friday, March 20, 2009, 4:49 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hello,

> I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a mom to a recently dx'ed HFA son

who's 3 1/2. I'm still going through all the emotional stuff, while trying to

find him services in an area with surprisingly few available! I am also trying

to figure out just how much needs, since his dx is HFA I do not think he needs

40+ hours per week.

> I can see this is a lively group, and I'm sure I'll be posting lots as I try

to find my way through it all.

>

> TJ

>

Guest guest

>

> I have not seen any discussions around ABA here. Do any of you have

experiences with it? Is it typically for those under 3?

I think ABA is more for those on the lower/middle part of the spectrum, of all

ages.

Guest guest

ABA is for behavior therapy. My dd who just turned 4, is a great candidate and it can be paid for using SEIT hours. usually, the best scenario is to place a child in a center that has a pre-school, plus an ABA class. The child goes with her own SEIT/ABA therapist to he ABA class, and is integrated into the class during social hours. You ask the Boed to give you 25 hours of SEIT to cover the week. You will need an acceptance letter from the center in order to get the SEIT. I am currently picking a center, so I have no ABA feedback yet.

Guest guest

Hi Ruth,

The dx is complicated. My granddaughter is a real drama queen. When she first

came to live with us it was mostly things about her health. She wanted a dx of

diabetes and tried to lie to the dr. Before she had an adhd dx but I'm sure that

isn't right now. When it switched to psychiatric issues she knew how to get a

bi-polar dx. You see it is fashionable with teens or was that year. She got her

dx but then decided she was none of these things that she might have OCD or

Tourettes or is a transexual all are fads with teens. Her learning diagnosis is

that she can have some allowances for turning in work late, etc. She still

won't do any of the homework if she doesn't want to. She likes her Spanish or

did last semester and math but is not doing those anymore either. I thought she

might be oppositional because she seems to be stuck in NO a lot but now I am

just not sure.

Jill