RemedySpot.com

Re: New reason for Autism

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

How many different Herpes viruses did you test for? Does quest lab have some sort of kit where you can test for many at the same time?

JJ

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 7:10:46 AMSubject: Re: Re: New reason for Autism

for all our lab tests we used Quest labs. My son tested negative for Lyme but postive for Herpes Simplex I infection. He is on an antiviral. Herpes virus invades the nervous system and clusters around nerve endings and can get into the brain causing encephalitis.

Web sites about Herpes:

http://www.herpes-help.co.uk/index.html http://www.herpesonline.org/articles/herpes_simplex_virus.html You might find the study below interesting. Autistic symptoms following herpes encephalitis Ghaziuddin M, Al-Khouri I, Ghaziuddin N. Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor 48109-0390, USA. mghaziudumich (DOT) edu

Abstract

Autism is a childhood onset neurodevelopmental disorder characterized by reciprocal social deficits, communication impairment, and rigid ritualistic interests, with the onset almost always before three years of age. Although the etiology of the disorder is strongly influenced by genes, environmental factors are also important. In this context, several reports have described its association with known medical conditions, including infections affecting the central nervous system. In this report, we describe an 11-year-old Asian youngster who developed the symptoms of autism following an episode of herpes encephalitis. In contrast to previous similar reports, imaging studies suggested a predominant involvement of the frontal lobes. At follow-up after three years, he continued to show the core deficits of autism. This case further supports the role of environmental factors, such as infections, in the etiology of autism, and suggests that in a minority

of cases, autistic symptoms can develop in later childhood.

Source: http://www.ncbi. nlm.nih.gov/ pubmed/12369775

From: jennifer smiglewski <jjs7a7chemyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Re: New reason for AutismTo: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comDate: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 12:33 AM

That is amazing!!!! I will have to study it more. Our son is the one with all the immune issues. My husband, I, and our daughter (6.5 months) hardly ever get sick; our son does. Here is a peice: Earlier this year Sage get the 8 hour stomach flu, Nate and I got it next on the same night it lasted about 8 hours also. the following day Luke got it and it lasted 3 days. I immune systems is struggling. I am compiling a list of test to be ran on Luke, we will make sure that we test for Lyme although I do not believe that in his case that is the cause.

Could anybody recommend a lab to have herpes titters sent?

One more question, if a strep titter is ran and it comes back with low numbers does that mean that strep can become an issue? Should I have more titters ran? Obviously he has strep it just wasn't flairing at the time? Does anybody know if this is correct?

JJ

From: "allrpossible@ gmail.com" <allrpossible@ gmail.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Fri, May 14, 2010 11:14:06 PMSubject: Re: New reason for Autism

I seen a YouTube video where this one family all had Lyme. One had autism, one had arthritis, one had heart problems, etc. Everyone took antibiotics, and their symptoms went away, even though they were all different. None remembered having a tick bite. I have seen gobs of reports that most with Lyme have no memory of having a tick bite, nor bulls-eye rash. It is believed to be transmittable via sex and pregnancy. Also, since it's a bacteria, it can be transmitted in most of the ways bacteria is transmitted. But, it will not grow outside of the body. I can not say it doesn't live outside of the body in some hibernated form, but it will not grow outside of the body. It dies about 106 degrees Fahrenheit, so hot things kill it. But, then again, maybe it just turns to a hibernated crystallized form. I am not saying it does, just that this can not be ruled out as of yet. Since it can live in many

animals, I suppose eating raw meat or pets can transfer it. It lives in all body fluids, tears, urine, etc. I don't know if it's transferable this way since I have not seen studies on it. What I do know is that it's pleomorphic, just like mycoplasma (Gulf War Syndrome) and Bartonella. XMRV, HTLV-1, and HIV are also pleomorphic. Thus, any of these can burn out the immune system, making one unable to handle toxins and other pathogens, which can cause any symptom known to man. Once the immune system is damaged, anything can happen. Oddly, many are also testing positive for these pleos with little or no symptoms. So, they seem to damage the immune system, but the person can manage if there are no strong immune stressors. Once a strong immune stressor comes along, then the immune system seems to start stock-piling pathogens and toxins, as well as the digestive system becomes dysfunctional. I think many have

several of the pleomorphic pathogens, not just one.Love and prayers,Heidi NHow would you guys have aquired Lyme? That just baffles me! Can Lyme be transferred from person to person in others ways then blood?JJ

Guest guest

How many different Herpes viruses did you test for? Does quest lab have some sort of kit where you can test for many at the same time?

JJ

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 7:10:46 AMSubject: Re: Re: New reason for Autism

for all our lab tests we used Quest labs. My son tested negative for Lyme but postive for Herpes Simplex I infection. He is on an antiviral. Herpes virus invades the nervous system and clusters around nerve endings and can get into the brain causing encephalitis.

Web sites about Herpes:

http://www.herpes-help.co.uk/index.html http://www.herpesonline.org/articles/herpes_simplex_virus.html You might find the study below interesting. Autistic symptoms following herpes encephalitis Ghaziuddin M, Al-Khouri I, Ghaziuddin N. Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor 48109-0390, USA. mghaziudumich (DOT) edu

Abstract

Autism is a childhood onset neurodevelopmental disorder characterized by reciprocal social deficits, communication impairment, and rigid ritualistic interests, with the onset almost always before three years of age. Although the etiology of the disorder is strongly influenced by genes, environmental factors are also important. In this context, several reports have described its association with known medical conditions, including infections affecting the central nervous system. In this report, we describe an 11-year-old Asian youngster who developed the symptoms of autism following an episode of herpes encephalitis. In contrast to previous similar reports, imaging studies suggested a predominant involvement of the frontal lobes. At follow-up after three years, he continued to show the core deficits of autism. This case further supports the role of environmental factors, such as infections, in the etiology of autism, and suggests that in a minority

From: jennifer smiglewski <jjs7a7chemyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Re: New reason for AutismTo: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comDate: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 12:33 AM

That is amazing!!!! I will have to study it more. Our son is the one with all the immune issues. My husband, I, and our daughter (6.5 months) hardly ever get sick; our son does. Here is a peice: Earlier this year Sage get the 8 hour stomach flu, Nate and I got it next on the same night it lasted about 8 hours also. the following day Luke got it and it lasted 3 days. I immune systems is struggling. I am compiling a list of test to be ran on Luke, we will make sure that we test for Lyme although I do not believe that in his case that is the cause.

One more question, if a strep titter is ran and it comes back with low numbers does that mean that strep can become an issue? Should I have more titters ran? Obviously he has strep it just wasn't flairing at the time? Does anybody know if this is correct?

JJ

From: "allrpossible@ gmail.com" <allrpossible@ gmail.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Fri, May 14, 2010 11:14:06 PMSubject: Re: New reason for Autism

I seen a YouTube video where this one family all had Lyme. One had autism, one had arthritis, one had heart problems, etc. Everyone took antibiotics, and their symptoms went away, even though they were all different. None remembered having a tick bite. I have seen gobs of reports that most with Lyme have no memory of having a tick bite, nor bulls-eye rash. It is believed to be transmittable via sex and pregnancy. Also, since it's a bacteria, it can be transmitted in most of the ways bacteria is transmitted. But, it will not grow outside of the body. I can not say it doesn't live outside of the body in some hibernated form, but it will not grow outside of the body. It dies about 106 degrees Fahrenheit, so hot things kill it. But, then again, maybe it just turns to a hibernated crystallized form. I am not saying it does, just that this can not be ruled out as of yet. Since it can live in many

animals, I suppose eating raw meat or pets can transfer it. It lives in all body fluids, tears, urine, etc. I don't know if it's transferable this way since I have not seen studies on it. What I do know is that it's pleomorphic, just like mycoplasma (Gulf War Syndrome) and Bartonella. XMRV, HTLV-1, and HIV are also pleomorphic. Thus, any of these can burn out the immune system, making one unable to handle toxins and other pathogens, which can cause any symptom known to man. Once the immune system is damaged, anything can happen. Oddly, many are also testing positive for these pleos with little or no symptoms. So, they seem to damage the immune system, but the person can manage if there are no strong immune stressors. Once a strong immune stressor comes along, then the immune system seems to start stock-piling pathogens and toxins, as well as the digestive system becomes dysfunctional. I think many have

several of the pleomorphic pathogens, not just one.Love and prayers,Heidi NHow would you guys have aquired Lyme? That just baffles me! Can Lyme be transferred from person to person in others ways then blood?JJ

Guest guest

JJ

Web sites about Herpes:

Abstract

JJ

Guest guest

yes this is what our LIA dr is telling us as well.....he is saying he is seeing that pattern with PANDAS

My kids tested positive for Strep via blood test by CPL (Clinical Pathology Labs). If you treat for strep for a month or so, and then do a Lyme test, you will be more likely to test positive for the Lyme. Lyme testing is highly inaccurate due to the immune system too weakened to produce the antibodies needed to show a positive result. Most use Igenex Labs and try to kill the Lyme for a month or more before testing, in order to reduce the Lyme load to give the immune system more strength to produce antibodies.Love and prayers,Heidi NThat is amazing!!!! I will have to study it more. Our son is the one with all the immune issues. My husband, I, and our daughter (6.5 months) hardly ever get sick; our son does. Here is a peice: Earlier this year Sage get the 8 hour stomach flu, Nate and I got it next on the same night it lasted about 8 hours also. the following day Luke got it and it lasted 3 days. I immune systems is struggling. I am compiling a list of test to be ran on Luke, we will make sure that we test for Lyme although I do not believe that in his case that is the cause.Could anybody recommend a lab to have herpes titters sent?One more question, if a strep titter is ran and it comes back with low numbers does that mean that strep can become an issue? Should I have more titters ran? Obviously he has strep it just wasn't flairing at the time? Does anybody know if this is correct?JJ

Guest guest

yes this is what our LIA dr is telling us as well.....he is saying he is seeing that pattern with PANDAS

My kids tested positive for Strep via blood test by CPL (Clinical Pathology Labs). If you treat for strep for a month or so, and then do a Lyme test, you will be more likely to test positive for the Lyme. Lyme testing is highly inaccurate due to the immune system too weakened to produce the antibodies needed to show a positive result. Most use Igenex Labs and try to kill the Lyme for a month or more before testing, in order to reduce the Lyme load to give the immune system more strength to produce antibodies.Love and prayers,Heidi NThat is amazing!!!! I will have to study it more. Our son is the one with all the immune issues. My husband, I, and our daughter (6.5 months) hardly ever get sick; our son does. Here is a peice: Earlier this year Sage get the 8 hour stomach flu, Nate and I got it next on the same night it lasted about 8 hours also. the following day Luke got it and it lasted 3 days. I immune systems is struggling. I am compiling a list of test to be ran on Luke, we will make sure that we test for Lyme although I do not believe that in his case that is the cause.Could anybody recommend a lab to have herpes titters sent?One more question, if a strep titter is ran and it comes back with low numbers does that mean that strep can become an issue? Should I have more titters ran? Obviously he has strep it just wasn't flairing at the time? Does anybody know if this is correct?JJ

Guest guest

JJ,

We tested for:

Herpes I IgG IgM

Here's a list of some of the blood tests (it's long):

http://www.nids.net/labtests.htm

They did not give us a kit...we went to the Quest lab and they drew my sons blood there. They sent the results directly to the doctor. It may take a few weeks to get results. We then met with the doctor to go over the results.

If your doctor requests these tests, be sure they write on the lab request form "release a copy of the results to patient /parent" otherwise the lab will only send the doc will get a copy of the results b/c legally they can't release the results unless the doctor says so (at least that the law in Mass.).

You could ask about the other herpes tests. It makes sense to get them all checked at once.

hth,

JJ

Guest guest

JJ,

We tested for:

Herpes I IgG IgM

Here's a list of some of the blood tests (it's long):

http://www.nids.net/labtests.htm

They did not give us a kit...we went to the Quest lab and they drew my sons blood there. They sent the results directly to the doctor. It may take a few weeks to get results. We then met with the doctor to go over the results.

If your doctor requests these tests, be sure they write on the lab request form "release a copy of the results to patient /parent" otherwise the lab will only send the doc will get a copy of the results b/c legally they can't release the results unless the doctor says so (at least that the law in Mass.).

You could ask about the other herpes tests. It makes sense to get them all checked at once.

hth,

JJ

Guest guest

Given her history of being sick all the time,I think my mother may have gone all of her life withan undiagnosed primary immune deficiency.she also told me about acute lung infections she had as a baby.

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Fri, May 14, 2010 10:33:58 PMSubject: Re: Re: New reason for Autism

JJ

I seen a YouTube video where this one family all had Lyme. One had autism, one had arthritis, one had heart problems, etc. Everyone took antibiotics, and their symptoms went away, even though they were all different. None remembered having a tick bite. I have seen gobs of reports that most with Lyme have no memory of having a tick bite, nor bulls-eye rash. It is believed to be transmittable via sex and pregnancy. Also, since it's a bacteria, it can be transmitted in most of the ways bacteria is transmitted. But, it will not grow outside of the body. I can not say it doesn't live outside of the body in some hibernated form, but it will not grow outside of the body. It dies about 106 degrees Fahrenheit, so hot things kill it. But, then again, maybe it just turns to a hibernated crystallized form. I am not saying it does, just that this can not be ruled out as of yet. Since it can live in many animals,

I suppose eating raw meat or pets can transfer it. It lives in all body fluids, tears, urine, etc. I don't know if it's transferable this way since I have not seen studies on it. What I do know is that it's pleomorphic, just like mycoplasma (Gulf War Syndrome) and Bartonella. XMRV, HTLV-1, and HIV are also pleomorphic. Thus, any of these can burn out the immune system, making one unable to handle toxins and other pathogens, which can cause any symptom known to man. Once the immune system is damaged, anything can happen. Oddly, many are also testing positive for these pleos with little or no symptoms. So, they seem to damage the immune system, but the person can manage if there are no strong immune stressors. Once a strong immune stressor comes along, then the immune system seems to start stock-piling pathogens and toxins, as well as the digestive system becomes dysfunctional. I think many have several

of the pleomorphic pathogens, not just one.Love and prayers,Heidi NHow would you guys have aquired Lyme? That just baffles me! Can Lyme be transferred from person to person in others ways then blood?JJ

g

Guest guest

My doctors always dismissed this as wax.

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Fri, May 14, 2010 6:06:31 AMSubject: Re: New reason for Autism

Hey , Just wanted to let you know you helped me out without even realizing it. In your post you mentioned glue ear - I had never heard of it before so I googled it. I was amazed at what I read. My poor son since he was very young has always complained about his ears and constantly has his pinky in there shaking around(like an old man)irritated, but not in pain. (you can actually hear the fluid and stickiness) I have addressed this with two pediatricians, an audiologist, an e.r. pediatric doctor and an ENT none of whom ever mentioned anything at all about glue ear - which sounds exactly like what happens to my son.How does that happen???? You know.....if they don't see anything, it doesn't exist. rrrrrrrr.

From: Christel King <christelking1@ myfairpoint. net>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Fri, May 14, 2010 7:42:06 AMSubject: Re: New reason for Autism

all could be strep

New reason for Autism Posted - 05/06/ 2009 : 10:51:23 ____________ _________ _________ __ There is a newly discovered retrovirus that mimics symptoms of HIV, please read the symptoms and problems is HIV below. The new retrovirus is XMRV. I thought this might bring a little insight and hope. This virus is much simplier than HIV and they have already found some drugs that work on XMRV which are currently used on HIV, so those drugs only have to go through human trials before hitting the market for XMRV. The area of research has been focused on cronic fatigue, but they have done testing on autistic childern and have found to a large percentage test positive for this retrovirus. HIV infection in children - neurodevelopmental (autistic) outcomes and clinical

pathologies - and their correlations to 'common' autism There is a striking correlation between neurodevelopmental symptoms often found in children infected with HIV virus and those children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders (of unknown aetiology). Furthermore, the underlying clinical pathologies found in HIV-positive children are in many ways identical to biomedical pathologies found in children diagnosed with ‘common’ autism. The mechanisms of HIV-injury on host cellular systems have been identified in recent years and these pathologies match those found in ‘common’ autism, such as microglial activation, cellular calcium overload, mitochondrial dysfunction, oxidative stress, vasoconstriction, glutathione depletion, chronic inflammation of gastrointestinal and central and peripheral nervous systems etc (see list below). Many treatment agents used in treating autism, weather with studied and proven beneficial effects or anecdotal reports

of reducing autistic symptoms in some affected individuals, have antiretroviral mode of action and have been shown to inhibit the viral activity and/or reduce HIV viral load. Neurodevelopmental findings in HIV infected children Impairments in language, especially expressive language, behavioural symptoms: irritability, lack of social skills, repetitive actions (rocking etc). Severity of autistic symptoms in HIV positive children is correlated to levels of the viral load/replication, as well as CD4+ levels. Autistic symptoms – deficits in language, behaviour and social skills – in HIV infected children often recover upon administration of single or combination antiretroviral treatments, at least to some degree. Sometimes recovery is complete, with total remission of autistic symptoms. HIV infected children sometimes develop normally and regress later, usually between 1.5-2 years of age. This is linked to increased HIV viral load. Latent

retrovirus/HIV can be reactivated by vaccinations. In addition to this, live virus vaccines, especially MMR, often come with a warning for HIV infected individuals with low CD4+ counts – inability to mount appropriate immune responses results in vaccine virus persistence. For example polio vaccine strain has been found in gastrointestinal tract of vaccinated individuals. No antibody production to Dtp or measles live virus vaccine. These findings have lead to proposals that both immunotherapy and vaccination of HIV-infected individuals should be accompanied by administration of an antiviral drug(s). In addition, it is suspected that exposure to antigenic stimulation through vaccinations may enhance the susceptibility of uninfected subjects to HIV-1 (reactivation by endogenous retroviruses by external stressors, including vaccinations, has been proposed as causal in other autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis and arthritis) Gastrointestinal

findings in HIV positive children match those found in ‘common’ autism: Leaky gut and malabsorbtion of nutrients Dysregulated production of digestive enzymes (impaired pancreatic function) Abnormal immune reactions to gliadin and casein Lactose intolerance Sugar intolerance Inability to digest complex carbohydrates Inability to absorb fats and proteins Gastrointestinal pathogen overload: secondary intestinal viruses, bacterial overload. Abnormal immune reactivity to candida albicans. Others: Impaired fine and gross motor skills in HIV positive children Impaired sensory – auditory and visual processing Subclinical hypothyroidism (in adults, no data on children) Pathological mechanisms in HIV infection HIV causes calcium overload and mitochondrial dysfunction (also found in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes oxidative stress and glutathione depletion (found in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes microglial activation and inflammation (also found in

‘common’ autism) HIV combined with bacterial agents causes breakdown of the blood brain barrier (bbb breakdown suspected in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes glutamate exitotoxicity (dyregulated GABA/glutamate mechanisms observed in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes vasoconstriction - tightening of blood vessels that supply oxygen to brain (found in ‘common’ autism) HIV inhibits methylation (abnormal methylation found in ‘common’ autism) Many modalities currently used for treating autism have proven or suspected antiretroviral effects: • chelation of metals inhibits HIV virus integration into human DNA. Retroviruses in general are desintegrated by chelation agents in vitro. Several chelators have been patented as antiretroviral agents. Several agents with chelating properties, such as alpha lipoic acid (ALA) and NAC have been shown to reduce viral load in HIV positive individuals • Tetracycline antibiotics (one currently on trial for autism)

inhibit HIV in vitro through same mechanism as chelation agents. • HIV is inhibited by glutathione and agents that raise glutathione • Acyclovir/valacyclo vir (antiviral agent with anti-herpevirus activity, with anecdotal reports of amelioration of autistic symptoms) has been shown to reduce HIV viral load in HIV positive individuals. The mechanisms are not clear. • Hyperbaric oxygen has been shown to inhibit HIV and reduce viral load. • Pancreative enzymes trial showed beneficial effect in HIV positive. • Methylation agents such as cobalamins and SAMe directly inhibit HIV activity and maintain its latency.

Guest guest

Autism,by its very nature and definition,requires damage in the womb.If not from disease,then certainly from toxic chemicals,or drugs taken by the mother.Otherwise it's not autism.It's something else with features of autism.

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Wed, May 12, 2010 4:18:15 PMSubject: Re: New reason for Autism

we had no issues before, my son was perfectly healthy before vaccinations damagfed him..... New reason for Autism Posted - 05/06/2009 : 10:51:23 ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------ There is a newly discovered retrovirus that mimics symptoms of HIV, please read the symptoms and problems is HIV below. The new retrovirus is XMRV. I thought this might bring a little insight and hope. This virus is much simplier than HIV and they have already found some drugs that work on XMRV which are currently used on HIV, so those drugs only have to go through human trials before hitting the market for XMRV. The area of research has been focused on cronic fatigue, but they have done testing on autistic childern and

have found to a large percentage test positive for this retrovirus. HIV infection in children - neurodevelopmental (autistic) outcomes and clinical pathologies - and their correlations to 'common' autism There is a striking correlation between neurodevelopmental symptoms often found in children infected with HIV virus and those children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders (of unknown aetiology). Furthermore, the underlying clinical pathologies found in HIV-positive children are in many ways identical to biomedical pathologies found in children diagnosed with ‘common’ autism. The mechanisms of HIV-injury on host cellular systems have been identified in recent years and these pathologies match those found in ‘common’ autism, such as microglial activation, cellular calcium overload, mitochondrial dysfunction, oxidative stress, vasoconstriction, glutathione depletion, chronic inflammation of gastrointestinal and central and peripheral nervous

systems etc (see list below). Many treatment agents used in treating autism, weather with studied and proven beneficial effects or anecdotal reports of reducing autistic symptoms in some affected individuals, have antiretroviral mode of action and have been shown to inhibit the viral activity and/or reduce HIV viral load. Neurodevelopmental findings in HIV infected children Impairments in language, especially expressive language, behavioural symptoms: irritability, lack of social skills, repetitive actions (rocking etc). Severity of autistic symptoms in HIV positive children is correlated to levels of the viral load/replication, as well as CD4+ levels. Autistic symptoms – deficits in language, behaviour and social skills – in HIV infected children often recover upon administration of single or combination antiretroviral treatments, at least to some degree. Sometimes recovery is complete, with total remission of autistic symptoms. HIV infected

children sometimes develop normally and regress later, usually between 1.5-2 years of age. This is linked to increased HIV viral load. Latent retrovirus/HIV can be reactivated by vaccinations. In addition to this, live virus vaccines, especially MMR, often come with a warning for HIV infected individuals with low CD4+ counts – inability to mount appropriate immune responses results in vaccine virus persistence. For example polio vaccine strain has been found in gastrointestinal tract of vaccinated individuals. No antibody production to Dtp or measles live virus vaccine. These findings have lead to proposals that both immunotherapy and vaccination of HIV-infected individuals should be accompanied by administration of an antiviral drug(s). In addition, it is suspected that exposure to antigenic stimulation through vaccinations may enhance the susceptibility of uninfected subjects to HIV-1 (reactivation by endogenous retroviruses by external stressors,

including vaccinations, has been proposed as causal in other autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis and arthritis) Gastrointestinal findings in HIV positive children match those found in ‘common’ autism: Leaky gut and malabsorbtion of nutrients Dysregulated production of digestive enzymes (impaired pancreatic function) Abnormal immune reactions to gliadin and casein Lactose intolerance Sugar intolerance Inability to digest complex carbohydrates Inability to absorb fats and proteins Gastrointestinal pathogen overload: secondary intestinal viruses, bacterial overload. Abnormal immune reactivity to candida albicans. Others: Impaired fine and gross motor skills in HIV positive children Impaired sensory – auditory and visual processing Subclinical hypothyroidism (in adults, no data on children) Pathological mechanisms in HIV infection HIV causes calcium overload and mitochondrial dysfunction (also found in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes

oxidative stress and glutathione depletion (found in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes microglial activation and inflammation (also found in ‘common’ autism) HIV combined with bacterial agents causes breakdown of the blood brain barrier (bbb breakdown suspected in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes glutamate exitotoxicity (dyregulated GABA/glutamate mechanisms observed in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes vasoconstriction - tightening of blood vessels that supply oxygen to brain (found in ‘common’ autism) HIV inhibits methylation (abnormal methylation found in ‘common’ autism) Many modalities currently used for treating autism have proven or suspected antiretroviral effects: • chelation of metals inhibits HIV virus integration into human DNA. Retroviruses in general are desintegrated by chelation agents in vitro. Several chelators have been patented as antiretroviral agents. Several agents with chelating properties, such as alpha lipoic acid

(ALA) and NAC have been shown to reduce viral load in HIV positive individuals • Tetracycline antibiotics (one currently on trial for autism) inhibit HIV in vitro through same mechanism as chelation agents. • HIV is inhibited by glutathione and agents that raise glutathione • Acyclovir/valacyclo vir (antiviral agent with anti-herpevirus activity, with anecdotal reports of amelioration of autistic symptoms) has been shown to reduce HIV viral load in HIV positive individuals. The mechanisms are not clear. • Hyperbaric oxygen has been shown to inhibit HIV and reduce viral load. • Pancreative enzymes trial showed beneficial effect in HIV positive. • Methylation agents such as cobalamins and SAMe directly inhibit HIV activity and maintain its latency.

Guest guest

I wonder if clubbing all into one umbrella is helpful or not - from a diagnosis, treatment & research perspective.Using a harsher comparison, its like if all cancers or all blood related cancers were treated the same or called the same because all of them have general deterioration of health as a symptom.Although based on neurological & behavioral symptoms, it is really a dysfunction of the immune system, toxic/excretory system, gastrointestinal including parasites etc eventually effecting the neurological system. I wonder if our handling of the ailment would be more effective if we were able to identify where the symptoms come from & predisposition tests that can be done at child birth for potential risks.It is sad when the medical establishment & the public health

system spends lots of resources in discrediting plausible theories instead of having an open mind & looking into them.To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 8:35:22 PMSubject: Re: New reason for Autism

Autism is just a list of behaviors. If you qualify, you have "autism" until someone figures out what you really have (metal poisoning, lyme disease, Fragile X, etc)On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 11:33 PM, Kulp <thorenstd124@ yahoo.com> wrote:

Autism,by its very nature and definition,requires damage in the womb.If not from disease,then certainly from toxic chemicals,or drugs taken by the mother.Otherwise it's not autism.It's something else with features of autism.

-- Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.

Guest guest

, yes! remember a few posts back I mentioned that very thing.....that maybe damages caused resemble the symptoms of autism without it being true autism. Not to dismiss or make light of our children's symptoms in any way because some of our children suffer terribly - but many illnesses resemble eachother and are often misdiagnosed one for another so it's not completely out of the question.

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 11:33:08 PMSubject: Re: New reason for Autism

From: Christel King <christelking1@ myfairpoint. net>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Wed, May 12, 2010 4:18:15 PMSubject: Re: New reason for Autism

we had no issues before, my son was perfectly healthy before vaccinations damagfed him..... New reason for Autism Posted - 05/06/2009 : 10:51:23 ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------ There is a newly discovered retrovirus that mimics symptoms of HIV, please read the symptoms and problems is HIV below. The new retrovirus is XMRV. I thought this might bring a little insight and hope. This virus is much simplier than HIV and they have already found some drugs that work on XMRV which are currently used on HIV, so those drugs only have to go through human trials before hitting the market for XMRV. The area of research has been focused on cronic fatigue, but they have done testing on autistic

childern and have found to a large percentage test positive for this retrovirus. HIV infection in children - neurodevelopmental (autistic) outcomes and clinical pathologies - and their correlations to 'common' autism There is a striking correlation between neurodevelopmental symptoms often found in children infected with HIV virus and those children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders (of unknown aetiology). Furthermore, the underlying clinical pathologies found in HIV-positive children are in many ways identical to biomedical pathologies found in children diagnosed with ‘common’ autism. The mechanisms of HIV-injury on host cellular systems have been identified in recent years and these pathologies match those found in ‘common’ autism, such as microglial activation, cellular calcium overload, mitochondrial dysfunction, oxidative stress, vasoconstriction, glutathione depletion, chronic inflammation of gastrointestinal and central and

peripheral nervous systems etc (see list below). Many treatment agents used in treating autism, weather with studied and proven beneficial effects or anecdotal reports of reducing autistic symptoms in some affected individuals, have antiretroviral mode of action and have been shown to inhibit the viral activity and/or reduce HIV viral load. Neurodevelopmental findings in HIV infected children Impairments in language, especially expressive language, behavioural symptoms: irritability, lack of social skills, repetitive actions (rocking etc). Severity of autistic symptoms in HIV positive children is correlated to levels of the viral load/replication, as well as CD4+ levels. Autistic symptoms – deficits in language, behaviour and social skills – in HIV infected children often recover upon administration of single or combination antiretroviral treatments, at least to some degree. Sometimes recovery is complete, with total remission of autistic symptoms.

HIV infected children sometimes develop normally and regress later, usually between 1.5-2 years of age. This is linked to increased HIV viral load. Latent retrovirus/HIV can be reactivated by vaccinations. In addition to this, live virus vaccines, especially MMR, often come with a warning for HIV infected individuals with low CD4+ counts – inability to mount appropriate immune responses results in vaccine virus persistence. For example polio vaccine strain has been found in gastrointestinal tract of vaccinated individuals. No antibody production to Dtp or measles live virus vaccine. These findings have lead to proposals that both immunotherapy and vaccination of HIV-infected individuals should be accompanied by administration of an antiviral drug(s). In addition, it is suspected that exposure to antigenic stimulation through vaccinations may enhance the susceptibility of uninfected subjects to HIV-1 (reactivation by endogenous retroviruses by external

stressors, including vaccinations, has been proposed as causal in other autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis and arthritis) Gastrointestinal findings in HIV positive children match those found in ‘common’ autism: Leaky gut and malabsorbtion of nutrients Dysregulated production of digestive enzymes (impaired pancreatic function) Abnormal immune reactions to gliadin and casein Lactose intolerance Sugar intolerance Inability to digest complex carbohydrates Inability to absorb fats and proteins Gastrointestinal pathogen overload: secondary intestinal viruses, bacterial overload. Abnormal immune reactivity to candida albicans. Others: Impaired fine and gross motor skills in HIV positive children Impaired sensory – auditory and visual processing Subclinical hypothyroidism (in adults, no data on children) Pathological mechanisms in HIV infection HIV causes calcium overload and mitochondrial dysfunction (also found in ‘common’ autism) HIV

causes oxidative stress and glutathione depletion (found in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes microglial activation and inflammation (also found in ‘common’ autism) HIV combined with bacterial agents causes breakdown of the blood brain barrier (bbb breakdown suspected in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes glutamate exitotoxicity (dyregulated GABA/glutamate mechanisms observed in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes vasoconstriction - tightening of blood vessels that supply oxygen to brain (found in ‘common’ autism) HIV inhibits methylation (abnormal methylation found in ‘common’ autism) Many modalities currently used for treating autism have proven or suspected antiretroviral effects: • chelation of metals inhibits HIV virus integration into human DNA. Retroviruses in general are desintegrated by chelation agents in vitro. Several chelators have been patented as antiretroviral agents. Several agents with chelating properties, such as alpha lipoic

acid (ALA) and NAC have been shown to reduce viral load in HIV positive individuals • Tetracycline antibiotics (one currently on trial for autism) inhibit HIV in vitro through same mechanism as chelation agents. • HIV is inhibited by glutathione and agents that raise glutathione • Acyclovir/valacyclo vir (antiviral agent with anti-herpevirus activity, with anecdotal reports of amelioration of autistic symptoms) has been shown to reduce HIV viral load in HIV positive individuals. The mechanisms are not clear. • Hyperbaric oxygen has been shown to inhibit HIV and reduce viral load. • Pancreative enzymes trial showed beneficial effect in HIV positive. • Methylation agents such as cobalamins and SAMe directly inhibit HIV activity and maintain its latency.

Guest guest

, yes! remember a few posts back I mentioned that very thing.....that maybe damages caused resemble the symptoms of autism without it being true autism. Not to dismiss or make light of our children's symptoms in any way because some of our children suffer terribly - but many illnesses resemble eachother and are often misdiagnosed one for another so it's not completely out of the question.

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 11:33:08 PMSubject: Re: New reason for Autism

From: Christel King <christelking1@ myfairpoint. net>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Wed, May 12, 2010 4:18:15 PMSubject: Re: New reason for Autism

we had no issues before, my son was perfectly healthy before vaccinations damagfed him..... New reason for Autism Posted - 05/06/2009 : 10:51:23 ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------ There is a newly discovered retrovirus that mimics symptoms of HIV, please read the symptoms and problems is HIV below. The new retrovirus is XMRV. I thought this might bring a little insight and hope. This virus is much simplier than HIV and they have already found some drugs that work on XMRV which are currently used on HIV, so those drugs only have to go through human trials before hitting the market for XMRV. The area of research has been focused on cronic fatigue, but they have done testing on autistic

childern and have found to a large percentage test positive for this retrovirus. HIV infection in children - neurodevelopmental (autistic) outcomes and clinical pathologies - and their correlations to 'common' autism There is a striking correlation between neurodevelopmental symptoms often found in children infected with HIV virus and those children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders (of unknown aetiology). Furthermore, the underlying clinical pathologies found in HIV-positive children are in many ways identical to biomedical pathologies found in children diagnosed with ‘common’ autism. The mechanisms of HIV-injury on host cellular systems have been identified in recent years and these pathologies match those found in ‘common’ autism, such as microglial activation, cellular calcium overload, mitochondrial dysfunction, oxidative stress, vasoconstriction, glutathione depletion, chronic inflammation of gastrointestinal and central and

peripheral nervous systems etc (see list below). Many treatment agents used in treating autism, weather with studied and proven beneficial effects or anecdotal reports of reducing autistic symptoms in some affected individuals, have antiretroviral mode of action and have been shown to inhibit the viral activity and/or reduce HIV viral load. Neurodevelopmental findings in HIV infected children Impairments in language, especially expressive language, behavioural symptoms: irritability, lack of social skills, repetitive actions (rocking etc). Severity of autistic symptoms in HIV positive children is correlated to levels of the viral load/replication, as well as CD4+ levels. Autistic symptoms – deficits in language, behaviour and social skills – in HIV infected children often recover upon administration of single or combination antiretroviral treatments, at least to some degree. Sometimes recovery is complete, with total remission of autistic symptoms.

HIV infected children sometimes develop normally and regress later, usually between 1.5-2 years of age. This is linked to increased HIV viral load. Latent retrovirus/HIV can be reactivated by vaccinations. In addition to this, live virus vaccines, especially MMR, often come with a warning for HIV infected individuals with low CD4+ counts – inability to mount appropriate immune responses results in vaccine virus persistence. For example polio vaccine strain has been found in gastrointestinal tract of vaccinated individuals. No antibody production to Dtp or measles live virus vaccine. These findings have lead to proposals that both immunotherapy and vaccination of HIV-infected individuals should be accompanied by administration of an antiviral drug(s). In addition, it is suspected that exposure to antigenic stimulation through vaccinations may enhance the susceptibility of uninfected subjects to HIV-1 (reactivation by endogenous retroviruses by external

stressors, including vaccinations, has been proposed as causal in other autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis and arthritis) Gastrointestinal findings in HIV positive children match those found in ‘common’ autism: Leaky gut and malabsorbtion of nutrients Dysregulated production of digestive enzymes (impaired pancreatic function) Abnormal immune reactions to gliadin and casein Lactose intolerance Sugar intolerance Inability to digest complex carbohydrates Inability to absorb fats and proteins Gastrointestinal pathogen overload: secondary intestinal viruses, bacterial overload. Abnormal immune reactivity to candida albicans. Others: Impaired fine and gross motor skills in HIV positive children Impaired sensory – auditory and visual processing Subclinical hypothyroidism (in adults, no data on children) Pathological mechanisms in HIV infection HIV causes calcium overload and mitochondrial dysfunction (also found in ‘common’ autism) HIV

causes oxidative stress and glutathione depletion (found in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes microglial activation and inflammation (also found in ‘common’ autism) HIV combined with bacterial agents causes breakdown of the blood brain barrier (bbb breakdown suspected in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes glutamate exitotoxicity (dyregulated GABA/glutamate mechanisms observed in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes vasoconstriction - tightening of blood vessels that supply oxygen to brain (found in ‘common’ autism) HIV inhibits methylation (abnormal methylation found in ‘common’ autism) Many modalities currently used for treating autism have proven or suspected antiretroviral effects: • chelation of metals inhibits HIV virus integration into human DNA. Retroviruses in general are desintegrated by chelation agents in vitro. Several chelators have been patented as antiretroviral agents. Several agents with chelating properties, such as alpha lipoic

acid (ALA) and NAC have been shown to reduce viral load in HIV positive individuals • Tetracycline antibiotics (one currently on trial for autism) inhibit HIV in vitro through same mechanism as chelation agents. • HIV is inhibited by glutathione and agents that raise glutathione • Acyclovir/valacyclo vir (antiviral agent with anti-herpevirus activity, with anecdotal reports of amelioration of autistic symptoms) has been shown to reduce HIV viral load in HIV positive individuals. The mechanisms are not clear. • Hyperbaric oxygen has been shown to inhibit HIV and reduce viral load. • Pancreative enzymes trial showed beneficial effect in HIV positive. • Methylation agents such as cobalamins and SAMe directly inhibit HIV activity and maintain its latency.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Agreed. They already do the pin prick at birth. What's the harm in taking a look? They could probably develop tests and put a system in place in no time flat. perhaps a blood, stool and urine samples ought to become part of a child's physical. makes good sense. and they can make thier money.

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Sun, May 16, 2010 1:25:53 AMSubject: Re: New reason for Autism

I wonder if clubbing all into one umbrella is helpful or not - from a diagnosis, treatment & research perspective.Using a harsher comparison, its like if all cancers or all blood related cancers were treated the same or called the same because all of them have general deterioration of health as a symptom.Although based on neurological & behavioral symptoms, it is really a dysfunction of the immune system, toxic/excretory system, gastrointestinal including parasites etc eventually effecting the neurological system. I wonder if our handling of the ailment would be more effective if we were able to identify where the symptoms come from & predisposition tests that can be done at child birth for potential risks.It is sad when the medical establishment & the public health system spends lots of resources in discrediting plausible theories instead of having an open mind & looking into them.

From: Toni Marie Lombardo <bellbabygmail (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Sat, May 15, 2010 8:35:22 PMSubject: Re: New reason for Autism

Autism is just a list of behaviors. If you qualify, you have "autism" until someone figures out what you really have (metal poisoning, lyme disease, Fragile X, etc)

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 11:33 PM, Kulp <thorenstd124@ yahoo.com> wrote:

Guest guest

Agreed. They already do the pin prick at birth. What's the harm in taking a look? They could probably develop tests and put a system in place in no time flat. perhaps a blood, stool and urine samples ought to become part of a child's physical. makes good sense. and they can make thier money.

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Sun, May 16, 2010 1:25:53 AMSubject: Re: New reason for Autism

I wonder if clubbing all into one umbrella is helpful or not - from a diagnosis, treatment & research perspective.Using a harsher comparison, its like if all cancers or all blood related cancers were treated the same or called the same because all of them have general deterioration of health as a symptom.Although based on neurological & behavioral symptoms, it is really a dysfunction of the immune system, toxic/excretory system, gastrointestinal including parasites etc eventually effecting the neurological system. I wonder if our handling of the ailment would be more effective if we were able to identify where the symptoms come from & predisposition tests that can be done at child birth for potential risks.It is sad when the medical establishment & the public health system spends lots of resources in discrediting plausible theories instead of having an open mind & looking into them.

From: Toni Marie Lombardo <bellbabygmail (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Sat, May 15, 2010 8:35:22 PMSubject: Re: New reason for Autism

Autism is just a list of behaviors. If you qualify, you have "autism" until someone figures out what you really have (metal poisoning, lyme disease, Fragile X, etc)

Guest guest

Guest guest

I believe Fragile X is a co-morbidity, rather than a cause. I have seen several

parents report that their child recovered from autism despite having Fragile X.

>

> >

> >

> > Autism,by its very nature and definition,requires damage in the womb.If not

> > from disease,then certainly from toxic chemicals,or drugs taken by the

> > mother.Otherwise it's not autism.It's something else with features of

> > autism.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> --

> Toni

>

> ------

> Mind like a steel trap...

> Rusty and illegal in 37 states.

>

Guest guest

I believe Fragile X is a co-morbidity, rather than a cause. I have seen several

parents report that their child recovered from autism despite having Fragile X.

>

> >

> >

> > Autism,by its very nature and definition,requires damage in the womb.If not

> > from disease,then certainly from toxic chemicals,or drugs taken by the

> > mother.Otherwise it's not autism.It's something else with features of

> > autism.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> --

> Toni

>

> ------

> Mind like a steel trap...

> Rusty and illegal in 37 states.

>

Guest guest

Autism is still considered a set of behaviors. So yeah, you can stop having the behaviors without changing your genetic makeup. But the initial cause of those behaviors is generally considered Fragile X, no?I don't have a Fragile X dx'd child so I don't know. I have only spoken to someone about it. Interestingly enough she knew she was a carrier so when she had her baby, they tested him right away. He was found to have it, so they are going to implement therapies while he is an infant.

I guess it would be like saying 'lyme induced autism' 'strep-induced autism' 'fragile-x induced autism' ???

I believe Fragile X is a co-morbidity, rather than a cause. I have seen several parents report that their child recovered from autism despite having Fragile X.

Guest guest

actually NO it doesn't. autism is a set of discriptive Symptoms of behavoirs, it has nothing to do on WHEN damage was done or HOW it happened, or we would have solutions to the problem of autism effecting kids. there are SOOOO many fine babies out there with out issues or even KIDS that are older that SUDDENLY get autism, after being sick, or getting vaccinations ect,.

New reason for Autism Posted - 05/06/2009 : 10:51:23 ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------ There is a newly discovered retrovirus that mimics symptoms of HIV, please read the symptoms and problems is HIV below. The new retrovirus is XMRV. I thought this might bring a little insight and hope. This virus is much simplier than HIV and they have already found some drugs that work on XMRV which are currently used on HIV, so those drugs only have to go through human trials before hitting the market for XMRV. The area of research has been focused on cronic fatigue, but they have done testing on autistic childern and have found to a large percentage test positive for this retrovirus. HIV infection in children - neurodevelopmental (autistic) outcomes and clinical pathologies - and their correlations to 'common' autism There is a striking correlation between neurodevelopmental symptoms often found in children infected with HIV virus and those children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders (of unknown aetiology). Furthermore, the underlying clinical pathologies found in HIV-positive children are in many ways identical to biomedical pathologies found in children diagnosed with ‘common’ autism. The mechanisms of HIV-injury on host cellular systems have been identified in recent years and these pathologies match those found in ‘common’ autism, such as microglial activation, cellular calcium overload, mitochondrial dysfunction, oxidative stress, vasoconstriction, glutathione depletion, chronic inflammation of gastrointestinal and central and peripheral nervous systems etc (see list below). Many treatment agents used in treating autism, weather with studied and proven beneficial effects or anecdotal reports of reducing autistic symptoms in some affected individuals, have antiretroviral mode of action and have been shown to inhibit the viral activity and/or reduce HIV viral load. Neurodevelopmental findings in HIV infected children Impairments in language, especially expressive language, behavioural symptoms: irritability, lack of social skills, repetitive actions (rocking etc). Severity of autistic symptoms in HIV positive children is correlated to levels of the viral load/replication, as well as CD4+ levels. Autistic symptoms – deficits in language, behaviour and social skills – in HIV infected children often recover upon administration of single or combination antiretroviral treatments, at least to some degree. Sometimes recovery is complete, with total remission of autistic symptoms. HIV infected children sometimes develop normally and regress later, usually between 1.5-2 years of age. This is linked to increased HIV viral load. Latent retrovirus/HIV can be reactivated by vaccinations. In addition to this, live virus vaccines, especially MMR, often come with a warning for HIV infected individuals with low CD4+ counts – inability to mount appropriate immune responses results in vaccine virus persistence. For example polio vaccine strain has been found in gastrointestinal tract of vaccinated individuals. No antibody production to Dtp or measles live virus vaccine. These findings have lead to proposals that both immunotherapy and vaccination of HIV-infected individuals should be accompanied by administration of an antiviral drug(s). In addition, it is suspected that exposure to antigenic stimulation through vaccinations may enhance the susceptibility of uninfected subjects to HIV-1 (reactivation by endogenous retroviruses by external stressors, including vaccinations, has been proposed as causal in other autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis and arthritis) Gastrointestinal findings in HIV positive children match those found in ‘common’ autism: Leaky gut and malabsorbtion of nutrients Dysregulated production of digestive enzymes (impaired pancreatic function) Abnormal immune reactions to gliadin and casein Lactose intolerance Sugar intolerance Inability to digest complex carbohydrates Inability to absorb fats and proteins Gastrointestinal pathogen overload: secondary intestinal viruses, bacterial overload. Abnormal immune reactivity to candida albicans. Others: Impaired fine and gross motor skills in HIV positive children Impaired sensory – auditory and visual processing Subclinical hypothyroidism (in adults, no data on children) Pathological mechanisms in HIV infection HIV causes calcium overload and mitochondrial dysfunction (also found in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes oxidative stress and glutathione depletion (found in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes microglial activation and inflammation (also found in ‘common’ autism) HIV combined with bacterial agents causes breakdown of the blood brain barrier (bbb breakdown suspected in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes glutamate exitotoxicity (dyregulated GABA/glutamate mechanisms observed in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes vasoconstriction - tightening of blood vessels that supply oxygen to brain (found in ‘common’ autism) HIV inhibits methylation (abnormal methylation found in ‘common’ autism) Many modalities currently used for treating autism have proven or suspected antiretroviral effects: • chelation of metals inhibits HIV virus integration into human DNA. Retroviruses in general are desintegrated by chelation agents in vitro. Several chelators have been patented as antiretroviral agents. Several agents with chelating properties, such as alpha lipoic acid (ALA) and NAC have been shown to reduce viral load in HIV positive individuals • Tetracycline antibiotics (one currently on trial for autism) inhibit HIV in vitro through same mechanism as chelation agents. • HIV is inhibited by glutathione and agents that raise glutathione • Acyclovir/valacyclo vir (antiviral agent with anti-herpevirus activity, with anecdotal reports of amelioration of autistic symptoms) has been shown to reduce HIV viral load in HIV positive individuals. The mechanisms are not clear. • Hyperbaric oxygen has been shown to inhibit HIV and reduce viral load. • Pancreative enzymes trial showed beneficial effect in HIV positive. • Methylation agents such as cobalamins and SAMe directly inhibit HIV activity and maintain its latency.

Guest guest

actually NO it doesn't. autism is a set of discriptive Symptoms of behavoirs, it has nothing to do on WHEN damage was done or HOW it happened, or we would have solutions to the problem of autism effecting kids. there are SOOOO many fine babies out there with out issues or even KIDS that are older that SUDDENLY get autism, after being sick, or getting vaccinations ect,.

New reason for Autism Posted - 05/06/2009 : 10:51:23 ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------ There is a newly discovered retrovirus that mimics symptoms of HIV, please read the symptoms and problems is HIV below. The new retrovirus is XMRV. I thought this might bring a little insight and hope. This virus is much simplier than HIV and they have already found some drugs that work on XMRV which are currently used on HIV, so those drugs only have to go through human trials before hitting the market for XMRV. The area of research has been focused on cronic fatigue, but they have done testing on autistic childern and have found to a large percentage test positive for this retrovirus. HIV infection in children - neurodevelopmental (autistic) outcomes and clinical pathologies - and their correlations to 'common' autism There is a striking correlation between neurodevelopmental symptoms often found in children infected with HIV virus and those children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders (of unknown aetiology). Furthermore, the underlying clinical pathologies found in HIV-positive children are in many ways identical to biomedical pathologies found in children diagnosed with ‘common’ autism. The mechanisms of HIV-injury on host cellular systems have been identified in recent years and these pathologies match those found in ‘common’ autism, such as microglial activation, cellular calcium overload, mitochondrial dysfunction, oxidative stress, vasoconstriction, glutathione depletion, chronic inflammation of gastrointestinal and central and peripheral nervous systems etc (see list below). Many treatment agents used in treating autism, weather with studied and proven beneficial effects or anecdotal reports of reducing autistic symptoms in some affected individuals, have antiretroviral mode of action and have been shown to inhibit the viral activity and/or reduce HIV viral load. Neurodevelopmental findings in HIV infected children Impairments in language, especially expressive language, behavioural symptoms: irritability, lack of social skills, repetitive actions (rocking etc). Severity of autistic symptoms in HIV positive children is correlated to levels of the viral load/replication, as well as CD4+ levels. Autistic symptoms – deficits in language, behaviour and social skills – in HIV infected children often recover upon administration of single or combination antiretroviral treatments, at least to some degree. Sometimes recovery is complete, with total remission of autistic symptoms. HIV infected children sometimes develop normally and regress later, usually between 1.5-2 years of age. This is linked to increased HIV viral load. Latent retrovirus/HIV can be reactivated by vaccinations. In addition to this, live virus vaccines, especially MMR, often come with a warning for HIV infected individuals with low CD4+ counts – inability to mount appropriate immune responses results in vaccine virus persistence. For example polio vaccine strain has been found in gastrointestinal tract of vaccinated individuals. No antibody production to Dtp or measles live virus vaccine. These findings have lead to proposals that both immunotherapy and vaccination of HIV-infected individuals should be accompanied by administration of an antiviral drug(s). In addition, it is suspected that exposure to antigenic stimulation through vaccinations may enhance the susceptibility of uninfected subjects to HIV-1 (reactivation by endogenous retroviruses by external stressors, including vaccinations, has been proposed as causal in other autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis and arthritis) Gastrointestinal findings in HIV positive children match those found in ‘common’ autism: Leaky gut and malabsorbtion of nutrients Dysregulated production of digestive enzymes (impaired pancreatic function) Abnormal immune reactions to gliadin and casein Lactose intolerance Sugar intolerance Inability to digest complex carbohydrates Inability to absorb fats and proteins Gastrointestinal pathogen overload: secondary intestinal viruses, bacterial overload. Abnormal immune reactivity to candida albicans. Others: Impaired fine and gross motor skills in HIV positive children Impaired sensory – auditory and visual processing Subclinical hypothyroidism (in adults, no data on children) Pathological mechanisms in HIV infection HIV causes calcium overload and mitochondrial dysfunction (also found in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes oxidative stress and glutathione depletion (found in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes microglial activation and inflammation (also found in ‘common’ autism) HIV combined with bacterial agents causes breakdown of the blood brain barrier (bbb breakdown suspected in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes glutamate exitotoxicity (dyregulated GABA/glutamate mechanisms observed in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes vasoconstriction - tightening of blood vessels that supply oxygen to brain (found in ‘common’ autism) HIV inhibits methylation (abnormal methylation found in ‘common’ autism) Many modalities currently used for treating autism have proven or suspected antiretroviral effects: • chelation of metals inhibits HIV virus integration into human DNA. Retroviruses in general are desintegrated by chelation agents in vitro. Several chelators have been patented as antiretroviral agents. Several agents with chelating properties, such as alpha lipoic acid (ALA) and NAC have been shown to reduce viral load in HIV positive individuals • Tetracycline antibiotics (one currently on trial for autism) inhibit HIV in vitro through same mechanism as chelation agents. • HIV is inhibited by glutathione and agents that raise glutathione • Acyclovir/valacyclo vir (antiviral agent with anti-herpevirus activity, with anecdotal reports of amelioration of autistic symptoms) has been shown to reduce HIV viral load in HIV positive individuals. The mechanisms are not clear. • Hyperbaric oxygen has been shown to inhibit HIV and reduce viral load. • Pancreative enzymes trial showed beneficial effect in HIV positive. • Methylation agents such as cobalamins and SAMe directly inhibit HIV activity and maintain its latency.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Phew – thanks for clarifying that statement

was wrong – I don’t need any more guilt that I already have about what caused

my son’s autism.  Thinking it was ME that caused this – well, that’s a bit over

the top for my mind these days….

Work like it is all up to you...but pray like it is all up to God...

1 in 91 Children...1 in 58 Boys...1 Child

Every 20 Minutes... Is Diagnosed With Autism.

mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ] On Behalf Of Christel King

Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 9:51 AM

To: mb12 valtrex

Subject: Re: New

reason for Autism

actually NO it doesn't. autism is a set of discriptive

Symptoms of behavoirs, it has nothing to do on WHEN damage was done or HOW it

happened, or we would have solutions to the problem of autism effecting

kids. there are SOOOO many fine babies out there with out issues or even

KIDS that are older that SUDDENLY get autism, after being sick, or getting

vaccinations ect,.

New reason for Autism Posted - 05/06/2009 : 10:51:23 ------------

--------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------ There is a

newly discovered retrovirus that mimics symptoms of HIV, please read the

symptoms and problems is HIV below. The new retrovirus is XMRV. I thought this

might bring a little insight and hope. This virus is much simplier than HIV and

they have already found some drugs that work on XMRV which are currently used

on HIV, so those drugs only have to go through human trials before hitting the

market for XMRV. The area of research has been focused on cronic fatigue, but

they have done testing on autistic childern and have found to a large

percentage test positive for this retrovirus. HIV infection in children -

neurodevelopmental (autistic) outcomes and clinical pathologies - and their

correlations to 'common' autism There is a striking correlation between

neurodevelopmental symptoms often found in children infected with HIV virus and

those children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders (of unknown aetiology).

Furthermore, the underlying clinical pathologies found in HIV-positive children

are in many ways identical to biomedical pathologies found in children

diagnosed with ‘common’ autism. The mechanisms of HIV-injury on host cellular

systems have been identified in recent years and these pathologies match those

found in ‘common’ autism, such as microglial activation, cellular calcium

overload, mitochondrial dysfunction, oxidative stress, vasoconstriction,

glutathione depletion, chronic inflammation of gastrointestinal and central and

peripheral nervous systems etc (see list below). Many treatment agents used in

treating autism, weather with studied and proven beneficial effects or

anecdotal reports of reducing autistic symptoms in some affected individuals,

have antiretroviral mode of action and have been shown to inhibit the viral

activity and/or reduce HIV viral load. Neurodevelopmental findings in HIV

infected children Impairments in language, especially expressive language,

behavioural symptoms: irritability, lack of social skills, repetitive actions

(rocking etc). Severity of autistic symptoms in HIV positive children is

correlated to levels of the viral load/replication, as well as CD4+ levels.

Autistic symptoms – deficits in language, behaviour and social skills – in HIV

infected children often recover upon administration of single or combination

antiretroviral treatments, at least to some degree. Sometimes recovery is

complete, with total remission of autistic symptoms. HIV infected children

sometimes develop normally and regress later, usually between 1.5-2 years of

age. This is linked to increased HIV viral load. Latent retrovirus/HIV can be

reactivated by vaccinations. In addition to this, live virus vaccines,

especially MMR, often come with a warning for HIV infected individuals with low

CD4+ counts – inability to mount appropriate immune responses results in

vaccine virus persistence. For example polio vaccine strain has been found in

gastrointestinal tract of vaccinated individuals. No antibody production to Dtp

or measles live virus vaccine. These findings have lead to proposals that both

immunotherapy and vaccination of HIV-infected individuals should be accompanied

by administration of an antiviral drug(s). In addition, it is suspected that

exposure to antigenic stimulation through vaccinations may enhance the

susceptibility of uninfected subjects to HIV-1 (reactivation by endogenous

retroviruses by external stressors, including vaccinations, has been proposed

as causal in other autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis and

arthritis) Gastrointestinal findings in HIV positive children match those found

in ‘common’ autism: Leaky gut and malabsorbtion of nutrients Dysregulated

production of digestive enzymes (impaired pancreatic function) Abnormal immune

reactions to gliadin and casein Lactose intolerance Sugar intolerance Inability

to digest complex carbohydrates Inability to absorb fats and proteins

Gastrointestinal pathogen overload: secondary intestinal viruses, bacterial overload.

Abnormal immune reactivity to candida albicans. Others: Impaired fine and gross

motor skills in HIV positive children Impaired sensory – auditory and visual

processing Subclinical hypothyroidism (in adults, no data on children)

Pathological mechanisms in HIV infection HIV causes calcium overload and

mitochondrial dysfunction (also found in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes oxidative

stress and glutathione depletion (found in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes

microglial activation and inflammation (also found in ‘common’ autism) HIV

combined with bacterial agents causes breakdown of the blood brain barrier (bbb

breakdown suspected in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes glutamate exitotoxicity

(dyregulated GABA/glutamate mechanisms observed in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes

vasoconstriction - tightening of blood vessels that supply oxygen to brain

(found in ‘common’ autism) HIV inhibits methylation (abnormal methylation found

in ‘common’ autism) Many modalities currently used for treating autism have

proven or suspected antiretroviral effects: • chelation of metals inhibits HIV

virus integration into human DNA. Retroviruses in general are desintegrated by

chelation agents in vitro. Several chelators have been patented as

antiretroviral agents. Several agents with chelating properties, such as alpha

lipoic acid (ALA) and NAC have been shown to reduce viral load in HIV positive

individuals • Tetracycline antibiotics (one currently on trial for autism)

inhibit HIV in vitro through same mechanism as chelation agents. • HIV is

inhibited by glutathione and agents that raise glutathione •

Acyclovir/valacyclo vir (antiviral agent with anti-herpevirus activity, with

anecdotal reports of amelioration of autistic symptoms) has been shown to

reduce HIV viral load in HIV positive individuals. The mechanisms are not

clear. • Hyperbaric oxygen has been shown to inhibit HIV and reduce viral load.

• Pancreative enzymes trial showed beneficial effect in HIV positive. •

Methylation agents such as cobalamins and SAMe directly inhibit HIV activity

and maintain its latency.

Guest guest

Phew – thanks for clarifying that statement

was wrong – I don’t need any more guilt that I already have about what caused

my son’s autism.  Thinking it was ME that caused this – well, that’s a bit over

the top for my mind these days….

Work like it is all up to you...but pray like it is all up to God...

1 in 91 Children...1 in 58 Boys...1 Child

Every 20 Minutes... Is Diagnosed With Autism.

mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ] On Behalf Of Christel King

Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 9:51 AM

To: mb12 valtrex

Subject: Re: New

reason for Autism

actually NO it doesn't. autism is a set of discriptive

Symptoms of behavoirs, it has nothing to do on WHEN damage was done or HOW it

happened, or we would have solutions to the problem of autism effecting

kids. there are SOOOO many fine babies out there with out issues or even

KIDS that are older that SUDDENLY get autism, after being sick, or getting

vaccinations ect,.

New reason for Autism Posted - 05/06/2009 : 10:51:23 ------------

--------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------ There is a

newly discovered retrovirus that mimics symptoms of HIV, please read the

symptoms and problems is HIV below. The new retrovirus is XMRV. I thought this

might bring a little insight and hope. This virus is much simplier than HIV and

they have already found some drugs that work on XMRV which are currently used

on HIV, so those drugs only have to go through human trials before hitting the

market for XMRV. The area of research has been focused on cronic fatigue, but

they have done testing on autistic childern and have found to a large

percentage test positive for this retrovirus. HIV infection in children -

neurodevelopmental (autistic) outcomes and clinical pathologies - and their

correlations to 'common' autism There is a striking correlation between

neurodevelopmental symptoms often found in children infected with HIV virus and

those children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders (of unknown aetiology).

Furthermore, the underlying clinical pathologies found in HIV-positive children

are in many ways identical to biomedical pathologies found in children

diagnosed with ‘common’ autism. The mechanisms of HIV-injury on host cellular

systems have been identified in recent years and these pathologies match those

found in ‘common’ autism, such as microglial activation, cellular calcium

overload, mitochondrial dysfunction, oxidative stress, vasoconstriction,

glutathione depletion, chronic inflammation of gastrointestinal and central and

peripheral nervous systems etc (see list below). Many treatment agents used in

treating autism, weather with studied and proven beneficial effects or

anecdotal reports of reducing autistic symptoms in some affected individuals,

have antiretroviral mode of action and have been shown to inhibit the viral

activity and/or reduce HIV viral load. Neurodevelopmental findings in HIV

infected children Impairments in language, especially expressive language,

behavioural symptoms: irritability, lack of social skills, repetitive actions

(rocking etc). Severity of autistic symptoms in HIV positive children is

correlated to levels of the viral load/replication, as well as CD4+ levels.

Autistic symptoms – deficits in language, behaviour and social skills – in HIV

infected children often recover upon administration of single or combination

antiretroviral treatments, at least to some degree. Sometimes recovery is

complete, with total remission of autistic symptoms. HIV infected children

sometimes develop normally and regress later, usually between 1.5-2 years of

age. This is linked to increased HIV viral load. Latent retrovirus/HIV can be

reactivated by vaccinations. In addition to this, live virus vaccines,

especially MMR, often come with a warning for HIV infected individuals with low

CD4+ counts – inability to mount appropriate immune responses results in

vaccine virus persistence. For example polio vaccine strain has been found in

gastrointestinal tract of vaccinated individuals. No antibody production to Dtp

or measles live virus vaccine. These findings have lead to proposals that both

immunotherapy and vaccination of HIV-infected individuals should be accompanied

by administration of an antiviral drug(s). In addition, it is suspected that

exposure to antigenic stimulation through vaccinations may enhance the

susceptibility of uninfected subjects to HIV-1 (reactivation by endogenous

retroviruses by external stressors, including vaccinations, has been proposed

as causal in other autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis and

arthritis) Gastrointestinal findings in HIV positive children match those found

in ‘common’ autism: Leaky gut and malabsorbtion of nutrients Dysregulated

production of digestive enzymes (impaired pancreatic function) Abnormal immune

reactions to gliadin and casein Lactose intolerance Sugar intolerance Inability

to digest complex carbohydrates Inability to absorb fats and proteins

Gastrointestinal pathogen overload: secondary intestinal viruses, bacterial overload.

Abnormal immune reactivity to candida albicans. Others: Impaired fine and gross

motor skills in HIV positive children Impaired sensory – auditory and visual

processing Subclinical hypothyroidism (in adults, no data on children)

Pathological mechanisms in HIV infection HIV causes calcium overload and

mitochondrial dysfunction (also found in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes oxidative

stress and glutathione depletion (found in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes

microglial activation and inflammation (also found in ‘common’ autism) HIV

combined with bacterial agents causes breakdown of the blood brain barrier (bbb

breakdown suspected in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes glutamate exitotoxicity

(dyregulated GABA/glutamate mechanisms observed in ‘common’ autism) HIV causes

vasoconstriction - tightening of blood vessels that supply oxygen to brain

(found in ‘common’ autism) HIV inhibits methylation (abnormal methylation found

in ‘common’ autism) Many modalities currently used for treating autism have

proven or suspected antiretroviral effects: • chelation of metals inhibits HIV

virus integration into human DNA. Retroviruses in general are desintegrated by

chelation agents in vitro. Several chelators have been patented as

antiretroviral agents. Several agents with chelating properties, such as alpha

lipoic acid (ALA) and NAC have been shown to reduce viral load in HIV positive

individuals • Tetracycline antibiotics (one currently on trial for autism)

inhibit HIV in vitro through same mechanism as chelation agents. • HIV is

inhibited by glutathione and agents that raise glutathione •

Acyclovir/valacyclo vir (antiviral agent with anti-herpevirus activity, with

anecdotal reports of amelioration of autistic symptoms) has been shown to

reduce HIV viral load in HIV positive individuals. The mechanisms are not

clear. • Hyperbaric oxygen has been shown to inhibit HIV and reduce viral load.

• Pancreative enzymes trial showed beneficial effect in HIV positive. •

Methylation agents such as cobalamins and SAMe directly inhibit HIV activity

and maintain its latency.