RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Feeling bummed by canes, walkers, power chairs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am even more bummed by the bullpoop I am having to go through to get one. And by my leg getting worse and worse, almost by the day. And the constant pain. I am in a very dark space right now. Akiba -- Feeling bummed by canes, walkers, power chairs I feel bummed by the idea of qualifying for a power chair. But I guess I would be bummed out if they said I didn't qualify, too. It's one of those hard things--like the first time walking with a cane, using the electric scooter/cart in the grocery store for the first few times--those kind of milestones. How does everyone else feel about it?hugs)))Sharon This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

{{{akiba}}} Big gentle hugz! Have you heard anything about your chair?

I know sometimes it can take way to long to get it. Hang in there k.

luv n hugz,

cassy

Feeling bummed by

canes, walkers, power chairs

I feel bummed by the idea of qualifying for a power chair. But I guess

I would be bummed out if they said I didn't qualify, too. It's one of

those hard things--like the first time walking with a cane, using the

electric scooter/cart in the grocery store for the first few

times--those kind of milestones.

How does everyone else feel about it?

hugs)))

Sharon

This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in

spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in

no way are to b

e considered flaws or defects.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

Try it now.

Guest guest

{{{akiba}}} Big gentle hugz! Have you heard anything about your chair?

I know sometimes it can take way to long to get it. Hang in there k.

luv n hugz,

cassy

Feeling bummed by

hugs)))

Sharon

no way are to b

Try it now.

Guest guest

I'm with you there Cassy, following your note for some reason replying to

Akiba's letter and my keyboard won't show letters~ Never seen that before!

Connie

Feeling bummed by

> canes, walkers, power chairs

> I feel bummed by the idea of qualifying for a power chair. But I guess

> I would be bummed out if they said I didn't qualify, too. It's one of

> those hard things--like the first time walking with a cane, using the

> electric scooter/cart in the grocery store for the first few

> times--those kind of milestones.

>

> How does everyone else feel about it?

>

> hugs)))

> Sharon

> This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in

> spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in

> no way are to b

> e considered flaws or defects.

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

> Try it now.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I'm with you there Cassy, following your note for some reason replying to

Akiba's letter and my keyboard won't show letters~ Never seen that before!

Connie

Feeling bummed by

> canes, walkers, power chairs

> I feel bummed by the idea of qualifying for a power chair. But I guess

> I would be bummed out if they said I didn't qualify, too. It's one of

> those hard things--like the first time walking with a cane, using the

> electric scooter/cart in the grocery store for the first few

> times--those kind of milestones.

>

> How does everyone else feel about it?

>

> hugs)))

> Sharon

> This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in

> spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in

> no way are to b

> e considered flaws or defects.

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

> Try it now.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Sharon,

I know exactly how you feel. However, four years ago I got my power wheel chair and it has revolutionized my life. I can go anywhere I like at any time, need no assistance, drive with a ramp van and hand controls, and I am completely independent. Do it, do it, do it.

Regards,

Tom

Feeling bummed by canes, walkers, power chairs

I feel bummed by the idea of qualifying for a power chair. But I guess I would be bummed out if they said I didn't qualify, too. It's one of those hard things--like the first time walking with a cane, using the electric scooter/cart in the grocery store for the first few times--those kind of milestones. How does everyone else feel about it?hugs)))Sharon

This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Sharon do you have the message where the grand child said the cane was a benefit to winning the race in the department store?

I am too brain dead to find my copy - kids cope better than we do.

Feeling bummed by> canes, walkers, power chairs> I feel bummed by the idea of qualifying for a power chair. But I guess> I would be bummed out if they said I didn't qualify, too. It's one of> those hard things--like the first time walking with a cane, using the> electric scooter/cart in the grocery store for the first few> times--those kind of milestones.>> How does everyone else feel about it?>> hugs)))> Sharon> This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in> spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in> no way are to b> e considered flaws or defects.>>>> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.> Try it now.>>>>>>>>>>

Guest guest

Sharon,

I think I'd feel down myself if I heard that I

qualified for a powerchair; it would definitely be

a milestone I would not celebrate. I do recall the

first time using the cane...that was depressing.

I'm sorry you are in the place of needing one,

my friend. Yet I'm thankful the dr. is responding

to your needs.

blessings and love, kate

I feel bummed by the idea of qualifying for a power chair. But I guess I would be bummed out if they said I didn't qualify, too. It's one of those hard things--like the first time walking with a cane, using the electric scooter/cart in the grocery store for the first few times--those kind of milestones. How does everyone else feel about it?hugs)))Sharon

This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Guest guest

Sharon,

I think I'd feel down myself if I heard that I

qualified for a powerchair; it would definitely be

a milestone I would not celebrate. I do recall the

first time using the cane...that was depressing.

I'm sorry you are in the place of needing one,

my friend. Yet I'm thankful the dr. is responding

to your needs.

blessings and love, kate

Guest guest

Dear Akiba,

I am so sorry you are going through all you are,

sweetie! Know you are loved and treasured here,

and as it is said, all things work together for good--

I'm sure at some point soon you'll get the approval

for a chair/scooter for yourself. You most obviously

are in need of this hun. blessings to you and much

love too, kate

I am even more bummed by the bullpoop I am having to go through to get one. And by my leg getting worse and worse, almost by the day. And the constant pain. I am in a very dark space right now.

Akiba

Guest guest

Dear Akiba,

I am so sorry you are going through all you are,

sweetie! Know you are loved and treasured here,

and as it is said, all things work together for good--

I'm sure at some point soon you'll get the approval

for a chair/scooter for yourself. You most obviously

are in need of this hun. blessings to you and much

love too, kate

I am even more bummed by the bullpoop I am having to go through to get one. And by my leg getting worse and worse, almost by the day. And the constant pain. I am in a very dark space right now.

Akiba

Guest guest

Sharon I can understand your feelings, but won't this allow you more freedom to do different things? I am sorry but I am not able to keep up with all the posts so if I missed something I am sorry. You remain in my prayers.

Hugs

nne

I feel bummed by the idea of qualifying for a power chair. But I guess I would be bummed out if they said I didn't qualify, too. It's one of those hard things--like the first time walking with a cane, using the electric scooter/cart in the grocery store for the first few times--those kind of milestones.

How does everyone else feel about it?hugs)))Sharon

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. -- Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Life

http://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.htmlAnxiety Depression and Breast Cancerhttp://health.group.yahoo.com/group/AnxietyDepressionandBreastCancer

Angel Feather Loomerwww.angelfeatherloomer.blogspot.comCheck out my other ornaments atwww.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.html

The Cancer Clubwww.cancerclub.com

Guest guest

Sharon I can understand your feelings, but won't this allow you more freedom to do different things? I am sorry but I am not able to keep up with all the posts so if I missed something I am sorry. You remain in my prayers.

Hugs

nne

I feel bummed by the idea of qualifying for a power chair. But I guess I would be bummed out if they said I didn't qualify, too. It's one of those hard things--like the first time walking with a cane, using the electric scooter/cart in the grocery store for the first few times--those kind of milestones.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. -- Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Life

http://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.htmlAnxiety Depression and Breast Cancerhttp://health.group.yahoo.com/group/AnxietyDepressionandBreastCancer

Angel Feather Loomerwww.angelfeatherloomer.blogspot.comCheck out my other ornaments atwww.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.html

The Cancer Clubwww.cancerclub.com

Guest guest

I think in the long run one can see the motor chair as "liberating" in that it will allow you to do more and relieve some of the fatigue of walking everywhere. In the short term, it is a bummer as one feels one is giving in/or losing the battle with MS.

For me at present, that's my situation with a walking cane. I have one that I took with me on my vacation. But, I still couldn't bring myself to use it.

--Dana F. Utz utzdana@... https://home.comcast.net/~utzdana/

-------------- Original message --------------

Hugs

nne

On 2/29/08, Sharon <wobbletowalk> wrote:

-- Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Lifehttp://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.htmlAnxiety Depression and Breast Cancerhttp://health.group.yahoo.com/group/AnxietyDepressionandBreastCancerAngel Feather Loomerwww.angelfeatherloomer.blogspot.comCheck out my other ornaments atwww.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.htmlThe Cancer Clubwww.cancerclub.com

Guest guest

i feel so bad for all you guys and its very depressing not knowing if i really do have ms since i havent been diagnosed and its been six years.i have to stay positive as we all do but some times its so hard. i just feel for all you guys and im sorry for your painful journey. just know there is a reason we where picked for this desease. good or bad there is somthing to be learned by this. im sure of that. so hang in there guys. being positive is the only way to be. take care Feeling bummed by canes, walkers, power chairs

I feel bummed by the idea of qualifying for a power chair. But I guess I would be bummed out if they said I didn't qualify, too. It's one of those hard things--like the first time walking with a cane, using the electric scooter/cart in the grocery store for the first few times--those kind of milestones. How does everyone else feel about it?hugs)))Sharon This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

I'm so sorry, Akiba. Fingers crossed for the help you need!love youSharon This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. Feeling bummed by canes, walkers, power chairs I feel bummed by the idea of qualifying for a power chair. But I guess I would be bummed out if they said I didn't qualify, too. It's one of those hard things--like the first time walking with a cane, using the electric scooter/cart in the grocery store for the first few times--those kind of milestones. How does everyone else feel about it?hugs)))Sharon This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Have you heard anything about YOUR chair, Cassy?loveSharon This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. Feeling bummed by

hugs)))

Sharon

no way are to b

Try it now.

Guest guest

Tom:Thank you so much for understanding. I'm so glad you have your independence!hugs))Sharon This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. Feeling bummed by canes, walkers, power chairs

Guest guest

Tom:Thank you so much for understanding. I'm so glad you have your independence!hugs))Sharon This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. Feeling bummed by canes, walkers, power chairs

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thank you Kate. I feel teary and stupid for feeling this way. But I am thankful I have such a wonderful doc. I don't know that my neuro would have agreed that I qualified for the power chair but my internist is so much more in tune with ME and she is so understanding.loveSharon This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. Feeling bummed by canes, walkers, power chairs

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

Thank you Kate. I feel teary and stupid for feeling this way. But I am thankful I have such a wonderful doc. I don't know that my neuro would have agreed that I qualified for the power chair but my internist is so much more in tune with ME and she is so understanding.loveSharon This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. Feeling bummed by canes, walkers, power chairs

Guest guest

Guest guest

nne--Yes it will give me the freedom to do things I can't do now. And if I have a bad pain attack with my feet/legs I could always use it to get around the house. hugs))Sharon This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. Re: Feeling bummed by canes, walkers, power chairs

Hugs

nne

http://www.geocitie s.com/chucky5741 /breastcancerpat ients.htmlAnxiety Depression and Breast Cancerhttp://health. group.yahoo. com/group/ AnxietyDepressio nandBreastCancer

Angel Feather Loomerwww.angelfeatherloo mer.blogspot. comCheck out my other ornaments atwww.geocities. com/chucky5741/ bcornament. html

The Cancer Clubwww.cancerclub. com

Guest guest

Dana:Are you too young to remember Bat Masterson? That's the kind of cane you need! Or a spy type cane from one of the spy headquarters type stores! LOL When I first started using a cane I bought a folding cane that had beautiful purple flowers on it. I could put it in my purse and then bring it out if I really needed it. Sharon This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. Re: Feeling bummed by canes, walkers, power chairs

I think in the long run one can see the motor chair as "liberating" in that it will allow you to do more and relieve some of the fatigue of walking everywhere. In the short term, it is a bummer as one feels one is giving in/or losing the battle with MS.

For me at present, that's my situation with a walking cane. I have one that I took with me on my vacation. But, I still couldn't bring myself to use it.

--Dana F. Utz utzdanacomcast (DOT) net https://home. comcast.net/ ~utzdana/

------------ -- Original message ------------ -- From: "nne Svihlik" <marianne5241990@ gmail.com>

Hugs

nne

-- Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Lifehttp://www.geocitie s.com/chucky5741 /breastcancerpat ients.htmlAnxiety Depression and Breast Cancerhttp://health. group.yahoo. com/group/ AnxietyDepressio nandBreastCancerAngel Feather Loomerwww.angelfeatherloo mer.blogspot. comCheck out my other ornaments atwww.geocities. com/chucky5741/ bcornament. htmlThe Cancer Clubwww.cancerclub. com