RemedySpot.com

Re: Iodine Deficiency

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Cheryl,Do you mix the iodine with the apple cider vinegar like Lugols website suggests? I can't imagine that tastes great! If not, do you mix the iodine with juice or anything? Just curious if my 3 year olds will even drink it. Also, is that patch test that you mentioned in another post just a test for deficiency or is that an actual iodine treatment that you apply? Sorry for all the questions!- Kirk-To: mb12 valtrex From: mossyforrest@...Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 15:49:59 +0000Subject: Re: Iodine Deficiency

Hi Shan,

Yes, Iodine in Mg vs Mcg is considered to be High Dose Iodine Protocol.

LUGOL'S 5%:

Each VERTICAL drop is about 6.25 mg of iodine. (The correct way to make a drop is to hold the dropper vertical and squeeze the rubber topper)

HORIZONTAL drops - when the dropper is held side to side there is twice as much iodine per drop. Approximately 12.5 mg

LUGOL'S 2%: Approximately 1/2 half the above measurements

The above info is from here: http://www.lugols.com/

I always just figure my 2% is about 3mg per drop ... math is not my strong suit and rounding off is easier and i personally think the difference isnt that much to worry about but realize some people are good at math and dont mind figuring it to the exact amount so what works for each is good.

Have to ignore RDA for iodine, it bascially will barely keep a person from goiter but nothing else. Actually all the RDA should be ingored ;-)

Adrenal cortex is especially good for those with adrenal problems. Most any adult with thyroid problems is also going to have adrenal problems to some extent and for those that the damage is severe the adrenal cortex gives the adrenals the components to rebuild.

After you are in the Iodine group you will learn that most docs thyroid tests dont test the right things and most docs cant read the results correctly. Some docs arent concerned with low to borderline thyroid results when they should be because the subtle long term damage that is being caused.

If your child had verifiable adrenal damage i would bet he also has thyroid problems and iodine deficiency, it just goes together.

Cheryl

>

> Hi Cheryl

> Hope you could help clarify the dosage for me. After I took my son off SNT, I supplement 150mcg of iodine (health flo) perday.

>

> I could not tell how much iodine is in lugol (not available on website) but I just checked out iosol, it is as much as 1830mcg per serving- close to 10 times RDA.

>

> I also noticed you were talking about dosage in mg. So. Basically we are looking at high dose iodine protocol right?

>

> For a boy who weighs 33lbs,how much would you reckon the daily dosage to be?

>

> My son is on adrenal cortex and he does demo all hypothyroidism symptoms even blood works showed otherwise. Will cortex contradict or compliment iodine protocol? I am awaiting my membership to get approved by iodine group. Hope to learn as well. But meanwhile, appreciate your input.

>

> Rgds

> Shan

>

There is an apple cider vinegar drink pre-made that is very good. Can't remember the name of course. I will re-post if I come across it. Looks like an old-time snake oil bottle label, I think? I have seen it at Whole Foods for 2$ a bottle though so you'd want to have it last a few days LOL --- ToniTo:

mb12 valtrex Sent: Tue, September 28, 2010 12:38:50 PMSubject: RE: Re: Iodine Deficiency

Cheryl,Do you mix the iodine with the apple cider vinegar like Lugols website suggests? I can't imagine that tastes great! If not, do you mix the iodine with juice or anything? Just curious if my 3 year olds will even drink it. Also, is that patch test that you mentioned in another post just a test for deficiency or is that an actual iodine treatment that you apply? Sorry for all the questions!- Kirk-To: mb12 valtrex From: mossyforrest@...Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 15:49:59 +0000Subject: Re: Iodine Deficiency

Hi Shan,

LUGOL'S 5%:

Each VERTICAL drop is about 6.25 mg of iodine. (The correct way to make a drop is to hold the dropper vertical and squeeze the rubber topper)

HORIZONTAL drops - when the dropper is held side to side there is twice as much iodine per drop. Approximately 12.5 mg

I always just figure my 2% is about 3mg per drop ... math is not my strong suit and rounding off is easier and i personally think the difference isnt that much to worry about but realize some people are good at math and dont mind figuring it to the exact amount so what works for each is good.

Have to ignore RDA for iodine, it bascially will barely keep a person from goiter but nothing else. Actually all the RDA should be ingored ;-)

Adrenal cortex is especially good for those with adrenal problems. Most any adult with thyroid problems is also going to have adrenal problems to some extent and for those that the damage is severe the adrenal cortex gives the adrenals the components to rebuild.

After you are in the Iodine group you will learn that most docs thyroid tests dont test the right things and most docs cant read the results correctly. Some docs arent concerned with low to borderline thyroid results when they should be because the subtle long term damage that is being caused.

If your child had verifiable adrenal damage i would bet he also has thyroid problems and iodine deficiency, it just goes together.

Cheryl

>

> Hi Cheryl

> Hope you could help clarify the dosage for me. After I took my son off SNT, I supplement 150mcg of iodine (health flo) perday.

>

> I could not tell how much iodine is in lugol (not available on website) but I just checked out iosol, it is as much as 1830mcg per serving- close to 10 times RDA.

>

> I also noticed you were talking about dosage in mg. So. Basically we are looking at high dose iodine protocol right?

>

>

> My son is on adrenal cortex and he does demo all hypothyroidism symptoms even blood works showed otherwise. Will cortex contradict or compliment iodine protocol? I am awaiting my membership to get approved by iodine group. Hope to learn as well. But meanwhile, appreciate your input.

>

> Rgds

> Shan

>

Ok, Amazon to the rescue http://www.amazon.com/Bragg-Organic-Apple-Vinegar-Natural/dp/B002HT1F88/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway & ie=UTF8 & qid=1285692364 & sr=8-1 --- ToniTo: mb12 valtrex Sent: Tue, September 28, 2010 12:38:50 PMSubject: RE: Re: Iodine Deficiency

Hi Shan,

LUGOL'S 5%:

Cheryl

>

> Hi Cheryl

>

>

>

>

>

> Rgds

> Shan

>

Ok, Amazon to the rescue http://www.amazon.com/Bragg-Organic-Apple-Vinegar-Natural/dp/B002HT1F88/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway & ie=UTF8 & qid=1285692364 & sr=8-1 --- ToniTo: mb12 valtrex Sent: Tue, September 28, 2010 12:38:50 PMSubject: RE: Re: Iodine Deficiency

Hi Shan,

LUGOL'S 5%:

Cheryl

>

> Hi Cheryl

>

>

>

>

>

> Rgds

> Shan

>

The patch test (one area) is just to test for deficiency. Using transdermal

iodine would be making " patches " on different parts of the body.

I mix with water. The taste is not that bad and didnt have a problem getting it

into my son. I know i couldnt get apple cider vinegar in him! He is leary of

anything i try to make him eat and this one wasnt hard at all. Some do mix it

with juice. Mixing with citrus is not recommended cause it changes the iodide.

Grape juice, pomegranite juice seems to be easy ones.

Cheryl

>

> >

>

> > Hi Cheryl

>

> > Hope you could help clarify the dosage for me. After I took my son off SNT,

I supplement 150mcg of iodine (health flo) perday.

>

> >

>

> > I could not tell how much iodine is in lugol (not available on website) but

I just checked out iosol, it is as much as 1830mcg per serving- close to 10

times RDA.

>

> >

>

> > I also noticed you were talking about dosage in mg. So. Basically we are

looking at high dose iodine protocol right?

>

> >

>

> > For a boy who weighs 33lbs,how much would you reckon the daily dosage to be?

>

> >

>

> > My son is on adrenal cortex and he does demo all hypothyroidism symptoms

even blood works showed otherwise. Will cortex contradict or compliment iodine

protocol? I am awaiting my membership to get approved by iodine group. Hope to

learn as well. But meanwhile, appreciate your input.

>

> >

>

> > Rgds

>

> > Shan

>

> >

>

Thanks for the info!!!- Kirk-To: mb12 valtrex From: gkmt50@...Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 09:46:46 -0700Subject: Re: Re: Iodine Deficiency

Hi Shan,

LUGOL'S 5%:

Cheryl

>

> Hi Cheryl

>

>

>

>

>

> Rgds

> Shan

>

Thanks for the info!!!- Kirk-To: mb12 valtrex From: gkmt50@...Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 09:46:46 -0700Subject: Re: Re: Iodine Deficiency

Hi Shan,

LUGOL'S 5%:

Cheryl

>

> Hi Cheryl

>

>

>

>

>

> Rgds

> Shan

>

You can also put it in your bath water and have nice relaxing soak while getting your iodine. :)

Cheryl~http://www.gryffins-tail.blogspot.com~@midian42~

Method of delivery is entirely up to you. Some people just swallow it. Some people just use it transdermally. Some people, myself included do both.

This is the Iodine i use:

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/LGS001/ItemDetail

For those that choose the pill, I would still use at least 1 drop per day of the liquid so it coats the stomach lining. The pill is designed to not dissolve until it hits the intestine, so thats my reasoning for ingesting at least some liquid. There are a few really old studies of how iodine coats and heals the stomach lining from many issues.

My way is a bit less precise because it depends on how much of an area you cover with the iodine to how much is absorbed. If you are a stickler for amounts (I'm not as long as it's close ;-)) then you may want to just do ingested.

The larger the area it's spread the more absorbed. I give my son 2 drops am/aft each day which is about half his intake. I put the other 12+ mg on and between his toes, soles of his feet, every freckle or skin eruption, inner thighs and stomach.

Freckles, age spots any other blemish/skin tag/ eruption that isnt skin should have iodine daily imo. I use to have age spots on my hands that are now gone.I also had several spots that could possibly be precancerous that are now gone, too.

My reasoning is that the transdermal provides a steady flow of iodine where as ingested may be excreted before utilized. I don't know this to be true, just my own logic. I figure about 3/4mg is absorbed transdermally if spread over a large area (based on animal studies).

This is the Selenium i use:

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU171/ItemDetail?n=0

Se-methylselenocysteine is the one most reccommended for children with autism because some cant process that last step to make other selenium bioavailable.

A small amount of Iodine without Se for a short period of time is not likely to cause a problem. With Higher dosages it's a definite must in order for the iodine to work correctly and not steal Se from other parts that need it.

Hope that helps!

Cheryl

>

> Cheryl,

> I am a little confused about the method of delivery for the iodine. Do you give it orally or do you rub it into the skin? If it is absorbed through the skin, where is the best place to put it? I ordered the Lugol's 2%, because I don't want it to be to strong. Is selenium a must before giving iodine? What brand do you use?

>

> Thanks,

> Sharla

Armour isn't made any more. Look at Naturethroid.

Thank you so much! I'm going to talk to our DAN! doctor about this. Is it easy to switch from synthetic to Armour? I don't suppose you will be going to the DAN! conference in Long Beach? I have been hypothyroid for 20 plus years but I was never one to give things much thought until I found out my daughter was ASD and suddenly I can't stop searching for answers!

Becky

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Mon, September 27, 2010 9:15:50 PMSubject: Re: Iodine Deficiency

It would probably be about the same with 1 or 2%. Iodine does fix a thyroid, can eliminate thyroid antibodies too. Takes a while but it happens. How long it takes depends on what the issues are and how much iodine is supplemented. The sea salt helps remove the toxins and strengthens the adrenals. Plus it has minerals that help the iodine work more efficiently. Until i found the iodine connection last year i had pretty much given up hope, or accepted my son's fate. His progress this last year has made me know there still is hope even at an older age. Cheryl > >> > "...Buy a 2% tincture of iodine at the pharmacy, take a Q-Tip® and paint a spot > > the size of a silver dollar on your stomach or thigh. If your iodine level is > > normal, the patch will still be there after 24 hours. However, if the patch has > > disappeared in less than 24 hours, you are iodine deficient....."> > > > That is under the heading "Causes" at http://www.health911.com/thyroid> > or go to youtube and

type "Iodine" in search. Lots of videos on it.> > > > > > > > ________________________________> > > > Good evening,> > Where did you get the iodine patch?> > I really think iodine is something I need to investigate for my son. > > Any particular brand of iodine patch?> > Thank you,> > Jerry> > -------------------------------------------> > > Iodine patch I painted on me and the kids, mine was gone in 3 hours, kids was > > > > > gone in 4. Of the iodine videos I've watched on youtube, if it disappears > > >within > > >> > > 8 or 12 hours, you're deficient. > > > I've been taking Iodoral.> > > ________________________________> > > How do you know if you are deficient in Iodine?> > > Pamela> >

------------------------------------------------------> > > It seems to me that there are very few if anyone here using iodine > > > supplementation and since I believe that iodine is the key so many of you are > > > missing i thought i would post.> > > I have been using biomed for my son with autism for about 5 years. He is 17 > > > years old, non verbal. > > > I tried just about everything with him, Andys protocol, MB12, a long list of > > > supps. Granted he started biomed late compared to most(age 12) and the > > > improvements he saw then were mostly in calming his agressive and self injurous > > >> > > behaviour. Not much else. > > > About a year ago he began iodine supplementation. After reading everything i > > > could about iodine i believe it was the key that was missing. Within just a few

> > >> > > months he went from using about 10 pecs to using over 75 of them. There has > > >been > > >> > > a definite shift in his health, cognitive and behavioral abilities. The > > > difference is night and day. > > So for many of you that arent finding recovery or have tried everything and > > seen > > > > > little to no improvement, or even for those that see improvement with a long > > > list of supps, i would recommend researching and trying iodine. > > > The first few weeks are a bit ruff as the die off from latent virus is fairly > > > > > swift. Like a moderately severe flu. Iodine kills bad Bacteria and parasites, > > > too. There is some research that it clears gut biofilm. He doesnt have any of > > > the behaviors associated with yeast anymore or

latent strep. Going from daily > > > constant yeasty behavior to nonexsistent. He started dumping metals after a few > > >> > > months(i could smell it and had been thru that before). He bagan eating > > > different foods after about 4 months. His digestion seems perfect now, goin > > >from > > >> > > constipation to regular/normal bms daily. There are just so many improvements > > > it's hard to think of and list them all. > > I believe iodine deficiency is the root cause of autism and hundreds of other > > > diseases. The vaccines damages the thyroid (among other things) which leads to > > > > > iodine deficiency. The declining nutrients in the food supply havent helped the > > >> > > situation. Iodine deficieny leads to a host of auto immune problems and the > > >

body's inability to remove metals, parasites, virus, bacteria and toxins. > > > Becoming iodine sufficient attacks the problem at the root. > > My son now only takes Iodine, Vit C, Magnesium, Selenium, Natural Salt and a B > > > > > Complex. He is never sick now. He has no self injurious behaviors. No agressive > > >> > > behavior (tho mag, b6, taurine, theanine and rhodiola did help this before > > > iodine, but if i forgot any of it, the consequences were horrid).> > He has learned sooo many new things this last year. He is communicating like > > > never before. It really is amazing! And for me, the weight loss(after a > > >lifetime > > >> > > of not being able to lose weight), total end of depression and never being sick > > >> > > has been pretty amazing, too.> > Check

it out, Iodine may be the missing piece of the puzzle you have been > > > searching for...> > > Cheryl> >>

I am getting Armour Thyroid. It was out of production for a while. I don't know all the details because I haven't been keeping up with the play by play on "stop the thyroid madness" website... I was without Armour for a year but now I am getting it. Some people are complaining about the changed formulation. I don't know that it ever did anything for me anyway. --- ToniTo: mb12 valtrex Sent: Tue, September 28, 2010 8:01:54 PMSubject: Re: Re: Iodine Deficiency

Armour isn't made any more. Look at Naturethroid.

Thank you so much! I'm going to talk to our DAN! doctor about this. Is it easy to switch from synthetic to Armour? I don't suppose you will be going to the DAN! conference in Long Beach? I have been hypothyroid for 20 plus years but I was never one to give things much thought until I found out my daughter was ASD and suddenly I can't stop searching for answers!

Becky

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Mon, September 27, 2010 9:15:50 PMSubject: Re: Iodine Deficiency

It would probably be about the same with 1 or 2%. Iodine does fix a thyroid, can eliminate thyroid antibodies too. Takes a while but it happens. How long it takes depends on what the issues are and how much iodine is supplemented. The sea salt helps remove the toxins and strengthens the adrenals. Plus it has minerals that help the iodine work more efficiently. Until i found the iodine connection last year i had pretty much given up hope, or accepted my son's fate. His progress this last year has made me know there still is hope even at an older age. Cheryl > >> > "...Buy a 2% tincture of iodine at the pharmacy, take a Q-Tip® and paint a spot > > the size of a silver dollar on your stomach or thigh. If your iodine level is > > normal, the patch will still be there after 24 hours. However, if the patch has > > disappeared in less than 24 hours, you are iodine deficient....."> > > > That is under the heading "Causes" at http://www.health911.com/thyroid> > or go to youtube and

type "Iodine" in search. Lots of videos on it.> > > > > > > > ________________________________> > > > Good evening,> > Where did you get the iodine patch?> > I really think iodine is something I need to investigate for my son. > > Any particular brand of iodine patch?> > Thank you,> > Jerry> > -------------------------------------------> > > Iodine patch I painted on me and the kids, mine was gone in 3 hours, kids was > > > > > gone in 4. Of the iodine videos I've watched on youtube, if it disappears > > >within > > >> > > 8 or 12 hours, you're deficient. > > > I've been taking Iodoral.> > > ________________________________> > > How do you know if you are deficient in Iodine?> > > Pamela> >

------------------------------------------------------> > > It seems to me that there are very few if anyone here using iodine > > > supplementation and since I believe that iodine is the key so many of you are > > > missing i thought i would post.> > > I have been using biomed for my son with autism for about 5 years. He is 17 > > > years old, non verbal. > > > I tried just about everything with him, Andys protocol, MB12, a long list of > > > supps. Granted he started biomed late compared to most(age 12) and the > > > improvements he saw then were mostly in calming his agressive and self injurous > > >> > > behaviour. Not much else. > > > About a year ago he began iodine supplementation. After reading everything i > > > could about iodine i believe it was the key that was missing. Within just a few

> > >> > > months he went from using about 10 pecs to using over 75 of them. There has > > >been > > >> > > a definite shift in his health, cognitive and behavioral abilities. The > > > difference is night and day. > > So for many of you that arent finding recovery or have tried everything and > > seen > > > > > little to no improvement, or even for those that see improvement with a long > > > list of supps, i would recommend researching and trying iodine. > > > The first few weeks are a bit ruff as the die off from latent virus is fairly > > > > > swift. Like a moderately severe flu. Iodine kills bad Bacteria and parasites, > > > too. There is some research that it clears gut biofilm. He doesnt have any of > > > the behaviors associated with yeast anymore or

latent strep. Going from daily > > > constant yeasty behavior to nonexsistent. He started dumping metals after a few > > >> > > months(i could smell it and had been thru that before). He bagan eating > > > different foods after about 4 months. His digestion seems perfect now, goin > > >from > > >> > > constipation to regular/normal bms daily. There are just so many improvements > > > it's hard to think of and list them all. > > I believe iodine deficiency is the root cause of autism and hundreds of other > > > diseases. The vaccines damages the thyroid (among other things) which leads to > > > > > iodine deficiency. The declining nutrients in the food supply havent helped the > > >> > > situation. Iodine deficieny leads to a host of auto immune problems and the > > >

body's inability to remove metals, parasites, virus, bacteria and toxins. > > > Becoming iodine sufficient attacks the problem at the root. > > My son now only takes Iodine, Vit C, Magnesium, Selenium, Natural Salt and a B > > > > > Complex. He is never sick now. He has no self injurious behaviors. No agressive > > >> > > behavior (tho mag, b6, taurine, theanine and rhodiola did help this before > > > iodine, but if i forgot any of it, the consequences were horrid).> > He has learned sooo many new things this last year. He is communicating like > > > never before. It really is amazing! And for me, the weight loss(after a > > >lifetime > > >> > > of not being able to lose weight), total end of depression and never being sick > > >> > > has been pretty amazing, too.> > Check

it out, Iodine may be the missing piece of the puzzle you have been > > > searching for...> > > Cheryl> >>

This is what the Armour site says:

Updated Statement from Forest Laboratories Re: Availability of Armour® Thyroid

Forest Laboratories, Inc. has been working diligently to resolve the back order

of Armour® Thyroid (thyroid tablets, USP), and is pleased to announce that all

doses of the product are now available and no longer on back order. Should you

have any questions about Armour Thyroid, please call 1-.

I dunno if they went back to the original formula or fixed their reformulated

that didnt work right but it does say its available.

Cheryl

>

> Armour isn't made any more. Look at Naturethroid.

>

> Cheryl

> ~http://www.gryffins-tail.blogspot.com

> ~@midian42~

I am currently on Armour - it helped a LOT more than my synthroid ever did b/c my body was having a hard time with the T4->T3 conversion. Not that I don't want to fix whatever the "real" issue is and get off all the meds. LOL- Kati

I have read this discussion thread with great interest, as I recently found out I have hypothyroidism, which  made me  suspect my son might, too, so  I had his blood tested last week. Still waiting for the results.

I just started taking Armour.

Is it safe for me to take Armour AND take iodine as well?

I am currently on Armour - it helped a LOT more than my synthroid ever did b/c my body was having a hard time with the T4->T3 conversion.  

Not that I don't want to fix whatever the " real " issue is and get off all the meds.  LOL

- Kati

-- Robin Broylesrabroyles@...H - C -

Yes, many take both. Over time you may need to lower or eliminate your Armour

dosage, it typically takes a while to repair the thyroid enough for

elimination.

If you are iodine deficient (which hypo is a direct symptom) your son was born

that way, too.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/iodine/messages is the link where you will

find many that take both armour and iodine.

Cheryl

>

> I have read this discussion thread with great interest, as I recently found

> out I have hypothyroidism, which made me suspect my son might, too, so I

> had his blood tested last week. Still waiting for the results.

>

> I just started taking Armour.

>

> Is it safe for me to take Armour AND take iodine as well?

Yes, many take both. Over time you may need to lower or eliminate your Armour

dosage, it typically takes a while to repair the thyroid enough for

elimination.

If you are iodine deficient (which hypo is a direct symptom) your son was born

that way, too.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/iodine/messages is the link where you will

find many that take both armour and iodine.

Cheryl

>

> I have read this discussion thread with great interest, as I recently found

> out I have hypothyroidism, which made me suspect my son might, too, so I

> had his blood tested last week. Still waiting for the results.

>

> I just started taking Armour.

>

> Is it safe for me to take Armour AND take iodine as well?

Cheryl, thanks so much for posting this. I am going to start giving some iodine to my  son now, without waiting for his blood test results to come back. It all seems to fit.

I was also speculating on giving him anti-virals, and doing chelation, but if the iodine takes care of these problems neither of these more drastic steps would need to be taken.

Yes, many take both. Over time you may need to lower or eliminate your Armour dosage, it typically takes a while to repair the thyroid enough for elimination.If you are iodine deficient (which hypo is a direct symptom) your son was born that way, too.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/iodine/messages is the link where you will find many that take both armour and iodine. Cheryl >> I have read this discussion thread with great interest, as I recently found

> out I have hypothyroidism, which made me suspect my son might, too, so I> had his blood tested last week. Still waiting for the results.> > I just started taking Armour.> > Is it safe for me to take Armour AND take iodine as well?

I wouldn't bet the farm on that. It generally takes working on multiple things at one time to get the entire system functioning properly. There's a reason for the iodine deficiency, too.

Cheryl, thanks so much for posting this. I am going to start giving some iodine to my son now, without waiting for his blood test results to come back. It all seems to fit.

I was also speculating on giving him anti-virals, and doing chelation, but if the iodine takes care of these problems neither of these more drastic steps would need to be taken.

Yes, many take both. Over time you may need to lower or eliminate your Armour dosage, it typically takes a while to repair the thyroid enough for elimination.If you are iodine deficient (which hypo is a direct symptom) your son was born that way, too.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/iodine/messages is the link where you will find many that take both armour and iodine. Cheryl >> I have read this discussion thread with great interest, as I recently found

> out I have hypothyroidism, which made me suspect my son might, too, so I> had his blood tested last week. Still waiting for the results.> > I just started taking Armour.> > Is it safe for me to take Armour AND take iodine as well?

Iodine works on multiple levels. It is anti viral, anti fungal, anti

bacterial, anti parasitic. It takes iodine for the pancreas work properly.

Hormones are controlled by iodine. It coats the intestinal walls to protect

the lining. Sufficient Iodine enables the production of thyroid hormones that

controls all the metabolic processes in the body. The breaking down of protein,

fats, carbs is all contolled by iodine. Iodine is necessary for reproductive

hormones to work properly. Iodine causes apoptosis (programmed cell death) of

cancer cells.

The absence of iodine has a detrimental effect on every system of the body. By

giving the body the main thing it is deficient in, that is needed by every

system of the body, the body is able to fix all those systems.

The reasons for iodine deficiency are many. Our soils are depleted, we dont eat

enough fish, we eat processed foods with vitamins and minerals stripped.

Several generations of vaccine use has destroyed the thyroids ability to capture

and utilize iodine effectively.

The flouride and bromide in our water and food supply displaces iodine from

receptor cells causing multi system dysfunction.

The removal of iodine from bread and replaced with bromide created an even

greater deficiency with the autism epidemic and explosion of autoimmune diseases

occurring soon after. Cows are no longer fed fish meal which created iodine rich

milk.

Our vaccine damaged, iodine deficient mothers gave birth to iodine deficient

children who gave birth to even more iodine deficient children. Each generation

sicker than the last.

It takes iodine for the body to process and excrete metals. Iodine removes

toxins. Iodine doesnt supress virus, it eliminates them. Iodine kills

clostridia. Iodine heals a leaky gut. Iodine for the heart is vital, stabalizing

heart rhythms, lowering cholesterol, thinning the blood. All proven,

disregarded and forgotten by modern medicine. No profit in Iodine.

Unlike antibiotics that weaken our immune systems and wipe out good bacteria,

Iodine strengthens the immune system and protects good bacteria while

eliminating the bad.

So yes, the reasons for deficiency are many, but the elimination of that

deficiency, and all the malfunction, is fairly easy.

Cheryl

> > >

> > > I have read this discussion thread with great interest, as I recently

found

> > > out I have hypothyroidism, which made me suspect my son might, too, so I

> > > had his blood tested last week. Still waiting for the results.

> > >

> > > I just started taking Armour.

> > >

> > > Is it safe for me to take Armour AND take iodine as well?

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> > Robin Broyles

> > rabroyles@...

> > H -

> > C -

> >

> >

>

Thx. No wonder when the skin patch test was mentioned, I looked at my bottle of

iodine. It is colourless. Way too diluted.

Regards

Shan

> >

> > Hi Cheryl

> >

times RDA.

> >

> >

> > For a boy who weighs 33lbs,how much would you reckon the daily dosage to be?

> >

> >

> > Rgds

> > Shan

> >

>

Thx. No wonder when the skin patch test was mentioned, I looked at my bottle of

iodine. It is colourless. Way too diluted.

Regards

Shan

> >

> > Hi Cheryl

> >

times RDA.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Rgds

> > Shan

> >

>

I am on Iodoral now for iodine deficiency, so I guess my son is deficient as well, although I don't remember his DAN ever mentioning that. Is there a good liquid iodine I can start him on? He's 5 years old, about 46 lbs. What dose should I give him?

Iodine works on multiple levels. It is anti viral, anti fungal, anti bacterial, anti parasitic. It takes iodine for the pancreas work properly. Hormones are controlled by iodine. It coats the intestinal walls to protect the lining. Sufficient Iodine enables the production of thyroid hormones that controls all the metabolic processes in the body. The breaking down of protein, fats, carbs is all contolled by iodine. Iodine is necessary for reproductive hormones to work properly. Iodine causes apoptosis (programmed cell death) of cancer cells.

The absence of iodine has a detrimental effect on every system of the body. By giving the body the main thing it is deficient in, that is needed by every system of the body, the body is able to fix all those systems.

The reasons for iodine deficiency are many. Our soils are depleted, we dont eat enough fish, we eat processed foods with vitamins and minerals stripped.

Several generations of vaccine use has destroyed the thyroids ability to capture and utilize iodine effectively.

The flouride and bromide in our water and food supply displaces iodine from receptor cells causing multi system dysfunction.

The removal of iodine from bread and replaced with bromide created an even greater deficiency with the autism epidemic and explosion of autoimmune diseases occurring soon after. Cows are no longer fed fish meal which created iodine rich milk.

Our vaccine damaged, iodine deficient mothers gave birth to iodine deficient children who gave birth to even more iodine deficient children. Each generation sicker than the last.

It takes iodine for the body to process and excrete metals. Iodine removes toxins. Iodine doesnt supress virus, it eliminates them. Iodine kills clostridia. Iodine heals a leaky gut. Iodine for the heart is vital, stabalizing heart rhythms, lowering cholesterol, thinning the blood. All proven, disregarded and forgotten by modern medicine. No profit in Iodine.

Unlike antibiotics that weaken our immune systems and wipe out good bacteria, Iodine strengthens the immune system and protects good bacteria while eliminating the bad.

So yes, the reasons for deficiency are many, but the elimination of that deficiency, and all the malfunction, is fairly easy.

Cheryl

> > >

> > > I have read this discussion thread with great interest, as I recently found

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> > Robin Broyles

> > rabroyles@...

> > H -

> > C -

> >

> >

>

I am on Iodoral now for iodine deficiency, so I guess my son is deficient as well, although I don't remember his DAN ever mentioning that. Is there a good liquid iodine I can start him on? He's 5 years old, about 46 lbs. What dose should I give him?

Iodine works on multiple levels. It is anti viral, anti fungal, anti bacterial, anti parasitic. It takes iodine for the pancreas work properly. Hormones are controlled by iodine. It coats the intestinal walls to protect the lining. Sufficient Iodine enables the production of thyroid hormones that controls all the metabolic processes in the body. The breaking down of protein, fats, carbs is all contolled by iodine. Iodine is necessary for reproductive hormones to work properly. Iodine causes apoptosis (programmed cell death) of cancer cells.

The absence of iodine has a detrimental effect on every system of the body. By giving the body the main thing it is deficient in, that is needed by every system of the body, the body is able to fix all those systems.

The reasons for iodine deficiency are many. Our soils are depleted, we dont eat enough fish, we eat processed foods with vitamins and minerals stripped.

Several generations of vaccine use has destroyed the thyroids ability to capture and utilize iodine effectively.

The flouride and bromide in our water and food supply displaces iodine from receptor cells causing multi system dysfunction.

The removal of iodine from bread and replaced with bromide created an even greater deficiency with the autism epidemic and explosion of autoimmune diseases occurring soon after. Cows are no longer fed fish meal which created iodine rich milk.

Our vaccine damaged, iodine deficient mothers gave birth to iodine deficient children who gave birth to even more iodine deficient children. Each generation sicker than the last.

It takes iodine for the body to process and excrete metals. Iodine removes toxins. Iodine doesnt supress virus, it eliminates them. Iodine kills clostridia. Iodine heals a leaky gut. Iodine for the heart is vital, stabalizing heart rhythms, lowering cholesterol, thinning the blood. All proven, disregarded and forgotten by modern medicine. No profit in Iodine.

Unlike antibiotics that weaken our immune systems and wipe out good bacteria, Iodine strengthens the immune system and protects good bacteria while eliminating the bad.

So yes, the reasons for deficiency are many, but the elimination of that deficiency, and all the malfunction, is fairly easy.

Cheryl

> > >

> > > I have read this discussion thread with great interest, as I recently found

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> > Robin Broyles

> > rabroyles@...

> > H -

> > C -

> >

> >

>

Iodine deficiency is very common in lyme patients. We were tested via a 24 hour

urine collection.

Caryn

> > >

found

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> > Robin Broyles

> > rabroyles@...

> > H -

> > C -

> >

> >

>

Iodine deficiency is very common in lyme patients. We were tested via a 24 hour

urine collection.

Caryn

> > >

found

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> > Robin Broyles

> > rabroyles@...

> > H -

> > C -

> >

> >

>

Hi Cheryl,I posted a question to you on another thread about the dosage forIodine and I see you kind of answer that here. I mentioned in that other thread that I am taking iodine myself, but I also need to take something to address my adrenals. You mentioned adrenal cortex. Can you suggest a good brand? I think my 5 yr-old should take this with me. 

Also, anyone know the name of the yahoo group for iodine/adrenals/thyroid? Thanks!

Hi Shan,

LUGOL'S 5%:

Cheryl

>

> Hi Cheryl

>

>

>

>

>

> Rgds

> Shan

>