RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

ALA - direct inhibitor of retroviral replication

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Re: ALA - direct inhibitor ofretroviral replication>>> "Could it be that the chelators work as antiretrovirals byremoving mercury? ">> , that is not the case, that is not how chelatorswork here. They work by removing ions from cation-binding viralproteins, causing unfolding/loss of protein functionality. For exampleby opening zinc-finger proteins and similar. There are other mechanismsobserved, such as inhibiting viral DNA synthesis through RNA reductasedeactivation, see attached>> btw some of these studies are in vitro, no mercury in sight,so the answer is NO they do not work as antivirals through chelatingmercury, at least not exclusively (meaning to say that who knows maybeheavy metals are also directly utilised by some viruses)>> And whatever is observed to happen in HIV only is onlybecause HIV is studied lot more than others. There are no studies thatshow other viral proteins would not be unfolding in the same way whenchelators added. Having said that there are studies on herpes/CMV andothers that indicate same things going on.>>>> The influence of divalent cations on the stability of humanrotavirus.> The influence of divalent cations on the stability of humanrotavirus was investigated using the indirect immunofluorescence (FA)technique in LLC-MK2 cells to titrate infectivity. Rotavirus infectivitywas stabilized by calcium and strontium ions in solution but not bymagnesium ions. Rotavirus isolates were found to be much less stable at37 degrees C than at + 4 degrees C or 20 degrees. A study of virusmorphology at intervals during the course of the experiment andtreatment with the chelating agents EDTA and EGTA suggests that loss ofinfectivity coincides with the removal of the outer capsid layer andthat calcium may be required to maintain virus integrity. Arch Virol.1981;67(1):1-9. Shirley JA, Beards GM, Thouless ME, Flewett TH>>> Biochemical studies of primate retroviruses.> In the present paper, recent biochemical studies ofretroviruses carried out in our laboratory are summarized. Proteincompositions, peptide maps of internal structural proteins,neighborhoods of major structural proteins, and serological propertiesof reverse transcriptases of type D virus isolates from human cells(including Graffi's isolate termed PMFV and also isolates from HeLa- andHEp-2 cells) were compared with those of type D viruses from Old World(Mason-Pfizer virus of rhesus monkeys, langur virus) and New World(squirrel monkey retrovirus) monkeys. The results provide various newinformations on, and further demonstrate the diversity of primate type Dviruses. Other studies showed that tumor promoting agents (phorbol esterTPA, indole alkaloid teleocidin) are able to considerably increase, in atransient manner, the production of type C and type D primateretroviruses in persistently infected human cells. From experimentsdemonstrating a disintegrating activity of chelating agents (EDTA, EGTA)and certain psychoactive drugs (including trifluoperazine) on variousprimate and nonprimate retroviruses it is concluded that divalentcations, probably Ca2+ ions, and possibly also cation-binding proteinsare associated with retroviral membranes and that complexing of thesecomponents results in loss of viral infectivity. Wunderlich Very, UckertW, Sydow G Arch Geschwulstforsch. 1983;53(3):267-78.>

Guest guest

It's okay, , I do think Natasa has to disagree with pretty much everything I'm saying because she honestly does. As I disagree with pretty much of any conclusion she has reported.

But I have learned from our conversations over the years. She may or may not like me and it may be personal, but I don't concern myself with that.

This is hard to talk about because it is personal. Although there are many people in my life that I love, SHE is the almost the whole of my heart. What happened here scared me in a way that nothing else has and even though we're 3+ years into complete recovery, I don't think I will ever get over it.

I assume it's the same for everyone. But we have to try to put the personal away and become as clinical and objective as we can. I fight hard for what I believe but I don't dislike anyone because I don't really know anyone.

I sincerely wish the best for everyone's children.

Re: ALA - direct inhibitor of> retroviral replication> >> >> > "Could it be that the chelators work as antiretrovirals by> removing mercury? "> >> > , that is not the case, that is not how chelators> work here. They work by removing ions from cation-binding viral> proteins, causing unfolding/loss of protein functionality. For example> by opening zinc-finger proteins and similar. There are other mechanisms> observed, such as inhibiting viral DNA synthesis through RNA reductase> deactivation, see attached> >> > btw some of these studies are in vitro, no mercury in sight,> so the answer is NO they do not work as antivirals through chelating> mercury, at least not exclusively (meaning to say that who knows maybe> heavy metals are also directly utilised by some viruses)> >> > And whatever is observed to happen in HIV only is only> because HIV is studied lot more than others. There are no studies that> show other viral proteins would not be unfolding in the same way when> chelators added. Having said that there are studies on herpes/CMV and> others that indicate same things going on.> >> >> >> > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human> rotavirus.> > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human> rotavirus was investigated using the indirect immunofluorescence (FA)> technique in LLC-MK2 cells to titrate infectivity. Rotavirus infectivity> was stabilized by calcium and strontium ions in solution but not by> magnesium ions. Rotavirus isolates were found to be much less stable at> 37 degrees C than at + 4 degrees C or 20 degrees. A study of virus> morphology at intervals during the course of the experiment and> treatment with the chelating agents EDTA and EGTA suggests that loss of> infectivity coincides with the removal of the outer capsid layer and> that calcium may be required to maintain virus integrity. Arch Virol.> 1981;67(1):1-9. Shirley JA, Beards GM, Thouless ME, Flewett TH> >> >> > Biochemical studies of primate retroviruses.> > In the present paper, recent biochemical studies of> retroviruses carried out in our laboratory are summarized. Protein> compositions, peptide maps of internal structural proteins,> neighborhoods of major structural proteins, and serological properties> of reverse transcriptases of type D virus isolates from human cells> (including Graffi's isolate termed PMFV and also isolates from HeLa- and> HEp-2 cells) were compared with those of type D viruses from Old World> (Mason-Pfizer virus of rhesus monkeys, langur virus) and New World> (squirrel monkey retrovirus) monkeys. The results provide various new> informations on, and further demonstrate the diversity of primate type D> viruses. Other studies showed that tumor promoting agents (phorbol ester> TPA, indole alkaloid teleocidin) are able to considerably increase, in a> transient manner, the production of type C and type D primate> retroviruses in persistently infected human cells. From experiments> demonstrating a disintegrating activity of chelating agents (EDTA, EGTA)> and certain psychoactive drugs (including trifluoperazine) on various> primate and nonprimate retroviruses it is concluded that divalent> cations, probably Ca2+ ions, and possibly also cation-binding proteins> are associated with retroviral membranes and that complexing of these> components results in loss of viral infectivity. Wunderlich Very, Uckert> W, Sydow G Arch Geschwulstforsch. 1983;53(3):267-78.> >>

Guest guest

I really don't think you can be sure that you don't have metals until you actually test for them. Subject: Re: Re: ALA - direct inhibitor of retroviral replicationTo: mb12 valtrex Date: Friday, November 20, 2009, 8:59 AM

then I guess we don't have mercury in the brain because our son isn't autistic anymore....and we didn't chelate! not ALL autistic kids have mercury issues! my son didn't become autistic because he had metals, he became autistic when he got an MMR....in HOURS after it!n we had tested 2 weeks prior developmental testing and he was 6 months advanced. after 7 hours after his MMR he became autistic, lost lang, no eye contact, started seizering, ect. we tested him 2 weeks after this because I had no idea what had happened to my son, he then had the develeopment of a 2-4 month old. we LITERIALLY lost 14-16 months development from the MMR.....NOT EVERYTHING IS METALS~! if it was he would have become autistic when the thermitor exploded at 6 months old in our dishwasher and he didn't then!!!! it would also mean that my son would STILL be autistic since we haven't chelated with your therory and he is not!

Re: ALA - direct inhibitor of retroviral replication

“Could it be that the chelators work as antiretrovirals by removing mercury? “, that is not the case, that is not how chelators work here. They work by removing ions from cation-binding viral proteins, causing unfolding/loss of protein functionality. For example by opening zinc-finger proteins and similar. There are other mechanisms observed, such as inhibiting viral DNA synthesis through RNA reductase deactivation, see attachedbtw some of these studies are in vitro, no mercury in sight, so the answer is NO they do not work as antivirals through chelating mercury, at least not exclusively (meaning to say that who knows maybe heavy metals are also directly utilised by some viruses)And whatever is observed to happen in HIV only is only because HIV is studied lot more than others. There are no studies that show other viral proteins would not be unfolding in the same way when chelators added. Having said that there are studies on herpes/CMV and others that indicate same things going on. The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human rotavirus.The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human rotavirus was investigated using the indirect immunofluorescence (FA) technique in LLC-MK2 cells to titrate infectivity. Rotavirus infectivity was stabilized by calcium and strontium ions in solution but not by magnesium ions. Rotavirus isolates were found to be much less stable at 37 degrees C than at + 4 degrees C or 20 degrees. A study of virus morphology at intervals during the course of the experiment and treatment with the chelating agents EDTA and EGTA suggests that loss of infectivity coincides with the removal of the outer capsid layer and that calcium may be required to maintain virus integrity. Arch Virol. 1981;67(1):1- 9. Shirley JA, Beards GM, Thouless ME, Flewett THBiochemical studies of primate retroviruses.In the present paper, recent biochemical studies of retroviruses carried out in our laboratory are summarized. Protein compositions, peptide maps of internal structural proteins, neighborhoods of major structural proteins, and serological properties of reverse transcriptases of type D virus isolates from human cells (including Graffi's isolate termed PMFV and also isolates from HeLa- and HEp-2 cells) were compared with those of type D viruses from Old World (Mason-Pfizer virus of rhesus monkeys, langur virus) and New World (squirrel monkey retrovirus) monkeys. The results provide various new informations on, and further demonstrate the diversity of primate type D viruses. Other studies showed that tumor promoting agents (phorbol ester TPA, indole alkaloid teleocidin) are able to considerably increase, in a transient manner, the production of type C and type D primate retroviruses in persistently infected human cells. From experiments demonstrating a disintegrating activity of chelating agents (EDTA, EGTA) and certain psychoactive drugs (including trifluoperazine) on various primate and nonprimate retroviruses it is concluded that divalent cations, probably Ca2+ ions, and possibly also cation-binding proteins are associated with retroviral membranes and that complexing of these components results in loss of viral infectivity. Wunderlich Very, Uckert W, Sydow G Arch Geschwulstforsch. 1983;53(3):267- 78.

Guest guest

That's so nice !! I wish my son's grandma would be so interested...but at

least she is supportive :) I know what you mean. It is literally a death and you

grieve for your child/grandchild. I totally understand that if you found

something that works, that you feel the personal obligation to spread the word.

I think the controversy lies in the fact that AC is so specific and black and

white. Because of this, it seems to NOT be AC protocol vs. DAN, but rather AC

protocol vs. any other kind of chelation or " recovery " method. Alot of us are

trying multiple types of chelators, RX's, diets, etc. But, I do think it's great

that you have found something that works for your relative. A lady in my meetup

group does NOT follow biomed, but is such a positive and nice person. She did

heavy duty therapy with her kids and they are doing GREAT. She saw immediate

results. She says " If I hadn't seen the results I did in the beginning, then I

am sure I would have started biomed. " I think alot of this has to do with what

worked for each person. GFCF diet was HUGE and immediate for us, so that is

kinda my " claim to fame. " I am always sending out recipes, trying new ones,

telling our story, etc. My neighbor's son recovered from tons of OT and therapy

as well, so my neighbor swears by this. AC worked for you, so that is absolutely

your right to offer this to those who want to hear about it. I think debates are

good. It's nice to hear all sides. Many AC people wonder " why do they have to

dismiss what we say? " and the DAN/other protocol people wonder " why do they

dismiss what we say? " It's the exact same situation for both sides. People just

want to be heard and these recent posts have been very interesting. That is nice

you are so passionate about what has worked in bringing your grand daughter back

from the grips of autism.

> > >

> > > They wouldn't be autistic if the mercury had not gotten trapped in the

> > brain.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Re: ALA - direct inhibitor of

> > retroviral replication

> > >

> > >

> > > " Could it be that the chelators work as antiretrovirals by

> > removing mercury? "

> > >

> > > , that is not the case, that is not how chelators

> > work here. They work by removing ions from cation-binding viral

> > proteins, causing unfolding/loss of protein functionality. For example

> > by opening zinc-finger proteins and similar. There are other mechanisms

> > observed, such as inhibiting viral DNA synthesis through RNA reductase

> > deactivation, see attached

> > >

> > > btw some of these studies are in vitro, no mercury in sight,

> > so the answer is NO they do not work as antivirals through chelating

> > mercury, at least not exclusively (meaning to say that who knows maybe

> > heavy metals are also directly utilised by some viruses)

> > >

> > > And whatever is observed to happen in HIV only is only

> > because HIV is studied lot more than others. There are no studies that

> > show other viral proteins would not be unfolding in the same way when

> > chelators added. Having said that there are studies on herpes/CMV and

> > others that indicate same things going on.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human

> > rotavirus.

> > > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human

> > rotavirus was investigated using the indirect immunofluorescence (FA)

> > technique in LLC-MK2 cells to titrate infectivity. Rotavirus infectivity

> > was stabilized by calcium and strontium ions in solution but not by

> > magnesium ions. Rotavirus isolates were found to be much less stable at

> > 37 degrees C than at + 4 degrees C or 20 degrees. A study of virus

> > morphology at intervals during the course of the experiment and

> > treatment with the chelating agents EDTA and EGTA suggests that loss of

> > infectivity coincides with the removal of the outer capsid layer and

> > that calcium may be required to maintain virus integrity. Arch Virol.

> > 1981;67(1):1-9. Shirley JA, Beards GM, Thouless ME, Flewett TH

> > >

> > >

> > > Biochemical studies of primate retroviruses.

> > > In the present paper, recent biochemical studies of

> > retroviruses carried out in our laboratory are summarized. Protein

> > compositions, peptide maps of internal structural proteins,

> > neighborhoods of major structural proteins, and serological properties

> > of reverse transcriptases of type D virus isolates from human cells

> > (including Graffi's isolate termed PMFV and also isolates from HeLa- and

> > HEp-2 cells) were compared with those of type D viruses from Old World

> > (Mason-Pfizer virus of rhesus monkeys, langur virus) and New World

> > (squirrel monkey retrovirus) monkeys. The results provide various new

> > informations on, and further demonstrate the diversity of primate type D

> > viruses. Other studies showed that tumor promoting agents (phorbol ester

> > TPA, indole alkaloid teleocidin) are able to considerably increase, in a

> > transient manner, the production of type C and type D primate

> > retroviruses in persistently infected human cells. From experiments

> > demonstrating a disintegrating activity of chelating agents (EDTA, EGTA)

> > and certain psychoactive drugs (including trifluoperazine) on various

> > primate and nonprimate retroviruses it is concluded that divalent

> > cations, probably Ca2+ ions, and possibly also cation-binding proteins

> > are associated with retroviral membranes and that complexing of these

> > components results in loss of viral infectivity. Wunderlich Very, Uckert

> > W, Sydow G Arch Geschwulstforsch. 1983;53(3):267-78.

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Re: ALA - direct inhibitor of> > retroviral replication> > >> > >> > > "Could it be that the chelators work as antiretrovirals by> > removing mercury? "> > >> > > , that is not the case, that is not how chelators> > work here. They work by removing ions from cation-binding viral> > proteins, causing unfolding/loss of protein functionality. For example> > by opening zinc-finger proteins and similar. There are other mechanisms> > observed, such as inhibiting viral DNA synthesis through RNA reductase> > deactivation, see attached> > >> > > btw some of these studies are in vitro, no mercury in sight,> > so the answer is NO they do not work as antivirals through chelating> > mercury, at least not exclusively (meaning to say that who knows maybe> > heavy metals are also directly utilised by some viruses)> > >> > > And whatever is observed to happen in HIV only is only> > because HIV is studied lot more than others. There are no studies that> > show other viral proteins would not be unfolding in the same way when> > chelators added. Having said that there are studies on herpes/CMV and> > others that indicate same things going on.> > >> > >> > >> > > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human> > rotavirus.> > > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human> > rotavirus was investigated using the indirect immunofluorescence (FA)> > technique in LLC-MK2 cells to titrate infectivity. Rotavirus infectivity> > was stabilized by calcium and strontium ions in solution but not by> > magnesium ions. Rotavirus isolates were found to be much less stable at> > 37 degrees C than at + 4 degrees C or 20 degrees. A study of virus> > morphology at intervals during the course of the experiment and> > treatment with the chelating agents EDTA and EGTA suggests that loss of> > infectivity coincides with the removal of the outer capsid layer and> > that calcium may be required to maintain virus integrity. Arch Virol.> > 1981;67(1):1-9. Shirley JA, Beards GM, Thouless ME, Flewett TH> > >> > >> > > Biochemical studies of primate retroviruses.> > > In the present paper, recent biochemical studies of> > retroviruses carried out in our laboratory are summarized. Protein> > compositions, peptide maps of internal structural proteins,> > neighborhoods of major structural proteins, and serological properties> > of reverse transcriptases of type D virus isolates from human cells> > (including Graffi's isolate termed PMFV and also isolates from HeLa- and> > HEp-2 cells) were compared with those of type D viruses from Old World> > (Mason-Pfizer virus of rhesus monkeys, langur virus) and New World> > (squirrel monkey retrovirus) monkeys. The results provide various new> > informations on, and further demonstrate the diversity of primate type D> > viruses. Other studies showed that tumor promoting agents (phorbol ester> > TPA, indole alkaloid teleocidin) are able to considerably increase, in a> > transient manner, the production of type C and type D primate> > retroviruses in persistently infected human cells. From experiments> > demonstrating a disintegrating activity of chelating agents (EDTA, EGTA)> > and certain psychoactive drugs (including trifluoperazine) on various> > primate and nonprimate retroviruses it is concluded that divalent> > cations, probably Ca2+ ions, and possibly also cation-binding proteins> > are associated with retroviral membranes and that complexing of these> > components results in loss of viral infectivity. Wunderlich Very, Uckert> > W, Sydow G Arch Geschwulstforsch. 1983;53(3):267-78.> > >> >>

Guest guest

Christel,

I'm interested in how you went about things. my DD also regressed dramatically

after the MMR. did you only do antivirals ? if so, which ones, how ? still

scared to try antivirals because of yeast.

I do have in my pantry OLE, lysine (she has herpes, I know) and am about to buy

virastop.

thanks for your insight !

Lupe

>

>

> Subject: Re: Re: ALA - direct inhibitor of retroviral

replication

> To: mb12 valtrex

> Date: Friday, November 20, 2009, 8:59 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> then I guess we don't have mercury in the brain

> because our son isn't autistic anymore....and we didn't chelate!   not

> ALL autistic kids have mercury issues!  my son didn't become autistic

> because he had metals, he became autistic when he got an MMR....in HOURS after

> it!n  we had tested 2 weeks prior developmental testing and he was 6 months

> advanced.  after 7 hours after his MMR he became autistic, lost lang, no

> eye contact, started seizering, ect.  we tested him 2 weeks after this

> because I had no idea what had happened to my son, he then had the

develeopment

> of a 2-4 month old.  we LITERIALLY lost 14-16 months development from the

> MMR.....NOT EVERYTHING IS METALS~!  if it was he would have become autistic

> when the thermitor exploded at 6 months old in our dishwasher and he

> didn't then!!!!  it would also mean that my son would STILL be

> autistic since we haven't chelated with your therory and he is not!

>  

>

> Re: ALA

> - direct inhibitor of retroviral replication

>

> “Could it be that the chelators work as

> antiretrovirals by removing mercury? “

>

> , that is not

> the case, that is not how chelators work here. They work by

removing

> ions from cation-binding viral proteins, causing unfolding/loss of

> protein functionality. For example by opening zinc-finger proteins

> and similar. There are other mechanisms observed, such as

inhibiting

> viral DNA synthesis through RNA reductase deactivation, see

> attached

>

> btw some of these studies are in vitro, no mercury

> in sight, so the answer is NO they do not work as antivirals

through

> chelating mercury, at least not exclusively (meaning to say that

who

> knows maybe heavy metals are also directly utilised by some

> viruses)

>

> And whatever is observed to happen in HIV only is

> only because HIV is studied lot more than others. There are no

> studies that show other viral proteins would not be unfolding in

the

> same way when chelators added. Having said that there are studies

on

> herpes/CMV and others that indicate same things going on.

>

>

>

>  

> The influence of divalent cations on the

> stability of human rotavirus.

> The influence of divalent

> cations on the stability of human rotavirus was investigated using

> the indirect immunofluorescence (FA) technique in LLC-MK2 cells to

> titrate infectivity. Rotavirus infectivity was stabilized by

calcium

> and strontium ions in solution but not by magnesium ions.

Rotavirus

> isolates were found to be much less stable at 37 degrees C than at

+

> 4 degrees C or 20 degrees. A study of virus morphology at

intervals

> during the course of the experiment and treatment with the

chelating

> agents EDTA and EGTA suggests that loss of infectivity coincides

> with the removal of the outer capsid layer and that calcium may be

> required to maintain virus integrity. Arch Virol.

> 1981;67(1):1- 9. Shirley JA, Beards GM, Thouless ME, Flewett

> TH

>

>

> Biochemical studies of primate

> retroviruses.

> In the present paper, recent biochemical

> studies of retroviruses carried out in our laboratory are

> summarized. Protein compositions, peptide maps of internal

> structural proteins, neighborhoods of major structural proteins,

and

> serological properties of reverse transcriptases of type D virus

> isolates from human cells (including Graffi's isolate termed PMFV

> and also isolates from HeLa- and HEp-2 cells) were compared with

> those of type D viruses from Old World (Mason-Pfizer virus of

rhesus

> monkeys, langur virus) and New World (squirrel monkey retrovirus)

> monkeys. The results provide various new informations on, and

> further demonstrate the diversity of primate type D viruses. Other

> studies showed that tumor promoting agents (phorbol ester TPA,

> indole alkaloid teleocidin) are able to considerably increase, in

a

> transient manner, the production of type C and type D primate

> retroviruses in persistently infected human cells. From

experiments

> demonstrating a disintegrating activity of chelating agents (EDTA,

> EGTA) and certain psychoactive drugs (including trifluoperazine)

on

> various primate and nonprimate retroviruses it is concluded that

> divalent cations, probably Ca2+ ions, and possibly also

> cation-binding proteins are associated with retroviral membranes

and

> that complexing of these components results in loss of viral

> infectivity. Wunderlich Very, Uckert W, Sydow G Arch

> Geschwulstforsch.

> 1983;53(3):267- 78.

>

Guest guest

" Black and white " meaning the protocol is very specific in nature. That's all I

meant. Our medication regimes are much different...try this for one month, this

for next month, etc. Trying to figure out how to best administer Zithro at the

current time. For us, chelation is on hold for the moment. I do plan to spread

the ALA out more next time we chelate. We were only doing 3x a day.

> > > >

> > > > They wouldn't be autistic if the mercury had not gotten trapped in the

> > > brain.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Re: ALA - direct inhibitor of

> > > retroviral replication

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > " Could it be that the chelators work as antiretrovirals by

> > > removing mercury? "

> > > >

> > > > , that is not the case, that is not how chelators

> > > work here. They work by removing ions from cation-binding viral

> > > proteins, causing unfolding/loss of protein functionality. For example

> > > by opening zinc-finger proteins and similar. There are other mechanisms

> > > observed, such as inhibiting viral DNA synthesis through RNA reductase

> > > deactivation, see attached

> > > >

> > > > btw some of these studies are in vitro, no mercury in sight,

> > > so the answer is NO they do not work as antivirals through chelating

> > > mercury, at least not exclusively (meaning to say that who knows maybe

> > > heavy metals are also directly utilised by some viruses)

> > > >

> > > > And whatever is observed to happen in HIV only is only

> > > because HIV is studied lot more than others. There are no studies that

> > > show other viral proteins would not be unfolding in the same way when

> > > chelators added. Having said that there are studies on herpes/CMV and

> > > others that indicate same things going on.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human

> > > rotavirus.

> > > > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human

> > > rotavirus was investigated using the indirect immunofluorescence (FA)

> > > technique in LLC-MK2 cells to titrate infectivity. Rotavirus infectivity

> > > was stabilized by calcium and strontium ions in solution but not by

> > > magnesium ions. Rotavirus isolates were found to be much less stable at

> > > 37 degrees C than at + 4 degrees C or 20 degrees. A study of virus

> > > morphology at intervals during the course of the experiment and

> > > treatment with the chelating agents EDTA and EGTA suggests that loss of

> > > infectivity coincides with the removal of the outer capsid layer and

> > > that calcium may be required to maintain virus integrity. Arch Virol.

> > > 1981;67(1):1-9. Shirley JA, Beards GM, Thouless ME, Flewett TH

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Biochemical studies of primate retroviruses.

> > > > In the present paper, recent biochemical studies of

> > > retroviruses carried out in our laboratory are summarized. Protein

> > > compositions, peptide maps of internal structural proteins,

> > > neighborhoods of major structural proteins, and serological properties

> > > of reverse transcriptases of type D virus isolates from human cells

> > > (including Graffi's isolate termed PMFV and also isolates from HeLa- and

> > > HEp-2 cells) were compared with those of type D viruses from Old World

> > > (Mason-Pfizer virus of rhesus monkeys, langur virus) and New World

> > > (squirrel monkey retrovirus) monkeys. The results provide various new

> > > informations on, and further demonstrate the diversity of primate type D

> > > viruses. Other studies showed that tumor promoting agents (phorbol ester

> > > TPA, indole alkaloid teleocidin) are able to considerably increase, in a

> > > transient manner, the production of type C and type D primate

> > > retroviruses in persistently infected human cells. From experiments

> > > demonstrating a disintegrating activity of chelating agents (EDTA, EGTA)

> > > and certain psychoactive drugs (including trifluoperazine) on various

> > > primate and nonprimate retroviruses it is concluded that divalent

> > > cations, probably Ca2+ ions, and possibly also cation-binding proteins

> > > are associated with retroviral membranes and that complexing of these

> > > components results in loss of viral infectivity. Wunderlich Very, Uckert

> > > W, Sydow G Arch Geschwulstforsch. 1983;53(3):267-78.

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Amy, with doing the ALA 3 x a day what results did you see?Thank you for sharing

Subject: Re: ALA - direct inhibitor of retroviral replicationTo: mb12 valtrex Date: Sunday, November 22, 2009, 8:31 PM

"Black and white" meaning the protocol is very specific in nature. That's all I meant. Our medication regimes are much different... try this for one month, this for next month, etc. Trying to figure out how to best administer Zithro at the current time. For us, chelation is on hold for the moment. I do plan to spread the ALA out more next time we chelate. We were only doing 3x a day.> > > >> > > > They wouldn't be autistic if the mercury had not gotten trapped in the> > > brain.> > > >> > > > > > > >> > > >> > > > Re: ALA - direct inhibitor of> > > retroviral replication> > > >> > > >> > > > "Could it be that the chelators work as antiretrovirals by> > > removing mercury? "> > > >> > > > , that is not the case, that is not how chelators> > > work here. They work by removing ions from cation-binding viral> > > proteins, causing unfolding/loss of protein functionality. For example> > > by

opening zinc-finger proteins and similar. There are other mechanisms> > > observed, such as inhibiting viral DNA synthesis through RNA reductase> > > deactivation, see attached> > > >> > > > btw some of these studies are in vitro, no mercury in sight,> > > so the answer is NO they do not work as antivirals through chelating> > > mercury, at least not exclusively (meaning to say that who knows maybe> > > heavy metals are also directly utilised by some viruses)> > > >> > > > And whatever is observed to happen in HIV only is only> > > because HIV is studied lot more than others. There are no studies that> > > show other viral proteins would not be unfolding in the same way when> > > chelators added. Having said that there are studies on herpes/CMV and> > > others that indicate

same things going on.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human> > > rotavirus.> > > > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human> > > rotavirus was investigated using the indirect immunofluorescence (FA)> > > technique in LLC-MK2 cells to titrate infectivity. Rotavirus infectivity> > > was stabilized by calcium and strontium ions in solution but not by> > > magnesium ions. Rotavirus isolates were found to be much less stable at> > > 37 degrees C than at + 4 degrees C or 20 degrees. A study of virus> > > morphology at intervals during the course of the experiment and> > > treatment with the chelating agents EDTA and EGTA suggests that loss of> > > infectivity coincides with the removal of the outer

capsid layer and> > > that calcium may be required to maintain virus integrity. Arch Virol.> > > 1981;67(1):1- 9. Shirley JA, Beards GM, Thouless ME, Flewett TH> > > >> > > >> > > > Biochemical studies of primate retroviruses.> > > > In the present paper, recent biochemical studies of> > > retroviruses carried out in our laboratory are summarized. Protein> > > compositions, peptide maps of internal structural proteins,> > > neighborhoods of major structural proteins, and serological properties> > > of reverse transcriptases of type D virus isolates from human cells> > > (including Graffi's isolate termed PMFV and also isolates from HeLa- and> > > HEp-2 cells) were compared with those of type D viruses from Old World> > > (Mason-Pfizer virus of rhesus monkeys, langur virus)

and New World> > > (squirrel monkey retrovirus) monkeys. The results provide various new> > > informations on, and further demonstrate the diversity of primate type D> > > viruses. Other studies showed that tumor promoting agents (phorbol ester> > > TPA, indole alkaloid teleocidin) are able to considerably increase, in a> > > transient manner, the production of type C and type D primate> > > retroviruses in persistently infected human cells. From experiments> > > demonstrating a disintegrating activity of chelating agents (EDTA, EGTA)> > > and certain psychoactive drugs (including trifluoperazine) on various> > > primate and nonprimate retroviruses it is concluded that divalent> > > cations, probably Ca2+ ions, and possibly also cation-binding proteins> > > are associated with retroviral membranes and that

complexing of these> > > components results in loss of viral infectivity. Wunderlich Very, Uckert> > > W, Sydow G Arch Geschwulstforsch. 1983;53(3):267- 78.> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Re: ALA - direct inhibitor of> > > retroviral replication> > > >> > > >> > > > "Could it be that the chelators work as antiretrovirals by> > > removing mercury? "> > > >> > > > , that is not the case, that is not how chelators> > > work here. They work by removing ions from cation-binding viral> > > proteins, causing unfolding/loss of protein functionality. For example> > > by opening zinc-finger proteins and similar. There are other mechanisms> > > observed, such as inhibiting viral DNA synthesis through RNA reductase> > > deactivation, see attached> > > >> > > > btw some of these studies are in vitro, no mercury in sight,> > > so the answer is NO they do not work as antivirals through chelating> > > mercury, at least not exclusively (meaning to say that who knows maybe> > > heavy metals are also directly utilised by some viruses)> > > >> > > > And whatever is observed to happen in HIV only is only> > > because HIV is studied lot more than others. There are no studies that> > > show other viral proteins would not be unfolding in the same way when> > > chelators added. Having said that there are studies on herpes/CMV and> > > others that indicate same things going on.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human> > > rotavirus.> > > > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human> > > rotavirus was investigated using the indirect immunofluorescence (FA)> > > technique in LLC-MK2 cells to titrate infectivity. Rotavirus infectivity> > > was stabilized by calcium and strontium ions in solution but not by> > > magnesium ions. Rotavirus isolates were found to be much less stable at> > > 37 degrees C than at + 4 degrees C or 20 degrees. A study of virus> > > morphology at intervals during the course of the experiment and> > > treatment with the chelating agents EDTA and EGTA suggests that loss of> > > infectivity coincides with the removal of the outer capsid layer and> > > that calcium may be required to maintain virus integrity. Arch Virol.> > > 1981;67(1):1-9. Shirley JA, Beards GM, Thouless ME, Flewett TH> > > >> > > >> > > > Biochemical studies of primate retroviruses.> > > > In the present paper, recent biochemical studies of> > > retroviruses carried out in our laboratory are summarized. Protein> > > compositions, peptide maps of internal structural proteins,> > > neighborhoods of major structural proteins, and serological properties> > > of reverse transcriptases of type D virus isolates from human cells> > > (including Graffi's isolate termed PMFV and also isolates from HeLa- and> > > HEp-2 cells) were compared with those of type D viruses from Old World> > > (Mason-Pfizer virus of rhesus monkeys, langur virus) and New World> > > (squirrel monkey retrovirus) monkeys. The results provide various new> > > informations on, and further demonstrate the diversity of primate type D> > > viruses. Other studies showed that tumor promoting agents (phorbol ester> > > TPA, indole alkaloid teleocidin) are able to considerably increase, in a> > > transient manner, the production of type C and type D primate> > > retroviruses in persistently infected human cells. From experiments> > > demonstrating a disintegrating activity of chelating agents (EDTA, EGTA)> > > and certain psychoactive drugs (including trifluoperazine) on various> > > primate and nonprimate retroviruses it is concluded that divalent> > > cations, probably Ca2+ ions, and possibly also cation-binding proteins> > > are associated with retroviral membranes and that complexing of these> > > components results in loss of viral infectivity. Wunderlich Very, Uckert> > > W, Sydow G Arch Geschwulstforsch. 1983;53(3):267-78.> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Re: ALA - direct inhibitor of> > > retroviral replication> > > >> > > >> > > > "Could it be that the chelators work as antiretrovirals by> > > removing mercury? "> > > >> > > > , that is not the case, that is not how chelators> > > work here. They work by removing ions from cation-binding viral> > > proteins, causing unfolding/loss of protein functionality. For example> > > by opening zinc-finger proteins and similar. There are other mechanisms> > > observed, such as inhibiting viral DNA synthesis through RNA reductase> > > deactivation, see attached> > > >> > > > btw some of these studies are in vitro, no mercury in sight,> > > so the answer is NO they do not work as antivirals through chelating> > > mercury, at least not exclusively (meaning to say that who knows maybe> > > heavy metals are also directly utilised by some viruses)> > > >> > > > And whatever is observed to happen in HIV only is only> > > because HIV is studied lot more than others. There are no studies that> > > show other viral proteins would not be unfolding in the same way when> > > chelators added. Having said that there are studies on herpes/CMV and> > > others that indicate same things going on.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human> > > rotavirus.> > > > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human> > > rotavirus was investigated using the indirect immunofluorescence (FA)> > > technique in LLC-MK2 cells to titrate infectivity. Rotavirus infectivity> > > was stabilized by calcium and strontium ions in solution but not by> > > magnesium ions. Rotavirus isolates were found to be much less stable at> > > 37 degrees C than at + 4 degrees C or 20 degrees. A study of virus> > > morphology at intervals during the course of the experiment and> > > treatment with the chelating agents EDTA and EGTA suggests that loss of> > > infectivity coincides with the removal of the outer capsid layer and> > > that calcium may be required to maintain virus integrity. Arch Virol.> > > 1981;67(1):1-9. Shirley JA, Beards GM, Thouless ME, Flewett TH> > > >> > > >> > > > Biochemical studies of primate retroviruses.> > > > In the present paper, recent biochemical studies of> > > retroviruses carried out in our laboratory are summarized. Protein> > > compositions, peptide maps of internal structural proteins,> > > neighborhoods of major structural proteins, and serological properties> > > of reverse transcriptases of type D virus isolates from human cells> > > (including Graffi's isolate termed PMFV and also isolates from HeLa- and> > > HEp-2 cells) were compared with those of type D viruses from Old World> > > (Mason-Pfizer virus of rhesus monkeys, langur virus) and New World> > > (squirrel monkey retrovirus) monkeys. The results provide various new> > > informations on, and further demonstrate the diversity of primate type D> > > viruses. Other studies showed that tumor promoting agents (phorbol ester> > > TPA, indole alkaloid teleocidin) are able to considerably increase, in a> > > transient manner, the production of type C and type D primate> > > retroviruses in persistently infected human cells. From experiments> > > demonstrating a disintegrating activity of chelating agents (EDTA, EGTA)> > > and certain psychoactive drugs (including trifluoperazine) on various> > > primate and nonprimate retroviruses it is concluded that divalent> > > cations, probably Ca2+ ions, and possibly also cation-binding proteins> > > are associated with retroviral membranes and that complexing of these> > > components results in loss of viral infectivity. Wunderlich Very, Uckert> > > W, Sydow G Arch Geschwulstforsch. 1983;53(3):267-78.> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Yep, that's what I meant. Implying that one way is the " only " way, implies that

everyone else is doing it wrong. I was just trying to explain why many people

get defensive in these situations. You have an interesting point about looking

at chelation as medicine. I think for many, they look at it as " trying to get

poison out of my child's body as quick as possible. " But you are right in saying

that you CAN re-poison yourself if not administered properly. Some kids may do

great, but others with constipation and such might have more reabsorption. I am

merely being a " middle man " here. I hate for people to have such strong opinions

that they can't see others' point of view. I can definitely see the advantages

of the protocol that has worked for you.

By the way, have you heard of anyone having success with chelation and multiple

sclerosis??

> > > > >

> > > > > They wouldn't be autistic if the mercury had not gotten trapped in

the

> > > > brain.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Re: ALA - direct inhibitor of

> > > > retroviral replication

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > " Could it be that the chelators work as antiretrovirals by

> > > > removing mercury? "

> > > > >

> > > > > , that is not the case, that is not how chelators

> > > > work here. They work by removing ions from cation-binding viral

> > > > proteins, causing unfolding/loss of protein functionality. For

example

> > > > by opening zinc-finger proteins and similar. There are other

mechanisms

> > > > observed, such as inhibiting viral DNA synthesis through RNA

reductase

> > > > deactivation, see attached

> > > > >

> > > > > btw some of these studies are in vitro, no mercury in sight,

> > > > so the answer is NO they do not work as antivirals through chelating

> > > > mercury, at least not exclusively (meaning to say that who knows

maybe

> > > > heavy metals are also directly utilised by some viruses)

> > > > >

> > > > > And whatever is observed to happen in HIV only is only

> > > > because HIV is studied lot more than others. There are no studies

that

> > > > show other viral proteins would not be unfolding in the same way

when

> > > > chelators added. Having said that there are studies on herpes/CMV

and

> > > > others that indicate same things going on.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human

> > > > rotavirus.

> > > > > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human

> > > > rotavirus was investigated using the indirect immunofluorescence

(FA)

> > > > technique in LLC-MK2 cells to titrate infectivity. Rotavirus

infectivity

> > > > was stabilized by calcium and strontium ions in solution but not by

> > > > magnesium ions. Rotavirus isolates were found to be much less stable

at

> > > > 37 degrees C than at + 4 degrees C or 20 degrees. A study of virus

> > > > morphology at intervals during the course of the experiment and

> > > > treatment with the chelating agents EDTA and EGTA suggests that loss

of

> > > > infectivity coincides with the removal of the outer capsid layer and

> > > > that calcium may be required to maintain virus integrity. Arch

Virol.

> > > > 1981;67(1):1-9. Shirley JA, Beards GM, Thouless ME, Flewett TH

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Biochemical studies of primate retroviruses.

> > > > > In the present paper, recent biochemical studies of

> > > > retroviruses carried out in our laboratory are summarized. Protein

> > > > compositions, peptide maps of internal structural proteins,

> > > > neighborhoods of major structural proteins, and serological

properties

> > > > of reverse transcriptases of type D virus isolates from human cells

> > > > (including Graffi's isolate termed PMFV and also isolates from HeLa-

and

> > > > HEp-2 cells) were compared with those of type D viruses from Old

World

> > > > (Mason-Pfizer virus of rhesus monkeys, langur virus) and New World

> > > > (squirrel monkey retrovirus) monkeys. The results provide various

new

> > > > informations on, and further demonstrate the diversity of primate

type D

> > > > viruses. Other studies showed that tumor promoting agents (phorbol

ester

> > > > TPA, indole alkaloid teleocidin) are able to considerably increase,

in a

> > > > transient manner, the production of type C and type D primate

> > > > retroviruses in persistently infected human cells. From experiments

> > > > demonstrating a disintegrating activity of chelating agents (EDTA,

EGTA)

> > > > and certain psychoactive drugs (including trifluoperazine) on

various

> > > > primate and nonprimate retroviruses it is concluded that divalent

> > > > cations, probably Ca2+ ions, and possibly also cation-binding

proteins

> > > > are associated with retroviral membranes and that complexing of

these

> > > > components results in loss of viral infectivity. Wunderlich Very,

Uckert

> > > > W, Sydow G Arch Geschwulstforsch. 1983;53(3):267-78.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Three articles that apply to me,that everybody here should read.

http://www.metametrix.com/content/LearningCenter/Teleconferences/Porphyrins_teleconference_paper.pdf

http://www.foodsmatter.com/asd_autism/autism_causes/research/maternal_amalgam_fillings.html

Subject: Re: Re: ALA - direct inhibitor of retroviral replicationTo: mb12 valtrex Date: Saturday, November 21, 2009, 5:16 AM

Re: ALA - direct inhibitor ofretroviral replication>>> "Could it be that the chelators work as antiretrovirals byremoving mercury? ">> , that is not the case, that is not how

chelatorswork here. They work by removing ions from cation-binding viralproteins, causing unfolding/loss of protein functionality. For exampleby opening zinc-finger proteins and similar. There are other mechanismsobserved, such as inhibiting viral DNA synthesis through RNA reductasedeactivation, see attached>> btw some of these studies are in vitro, no mercury in sight,so the answer is NO they do not work as antivirals through chelatingmercury, at least not exclusively (meaning to say that who knows maybeheavy metals are also directly utilised by some viruses)>> And whatever is observed to happen in HIV only is onlybecause HIV is studied lot more than others. There are no studies thatshow other viral proteins would not be unfolding in the same way whenchelators added. Having said that there are studies on herpes/CMV andothers that indicate same things going

on.>>>> The influence of divalent cations on the stability of humanrotavirus.> The influence of divalent cations on the stability of humanrotavirus was investigated using the indirect immunofluorescence (FA)technique in LLC-MK2 cells to titrate infectivity. Rotavirus infectivitywas stabilized by calcium and strontium ions in solution but not bymagnesium ions. Rotavirus isolates were found to be much less stable at37 degrees C than at + 4 degrees C or 20 degrees. A study of virusmorphology at intervals during the course of the experiment andtreatment with the chelating agents EDTA and EGTA suggests that loss ofinfectivity coincides with the removal of the outer capsid layer andthat calcium may be required to maintain virus integrity. Arch Virol.1981;67(1):1- 9. Shirley JA, Beards GM, Thouless ME, Flewett TH>>> Biochemical studies of primate

retroviruses.> In the present paper, recent biochemical studies ofretroviruses carried out in our laboratory are summarized. Proteincompositions, peptide maps of internal structural proteins,neighborhoods of major structural proteins, and serological propertiesof reverse transcriptases of type D virus isolates from human cells(including Graffi's isolate termed PMFV and also isolates from HeLa- andHEp-2 cells) were compared with those of type D viruses from Old World(Mason-Pfizer virus of rhesus monkeys, langur virus) and New World(squirrel monkey retrovirus) monkeys. The results provide various newinformations on, and further demonstrate the diversity of primate type Dviruses. Other studies showed that tumor promoting agents (phorbol esterTPA, indole alkaloid teleocidin) are able to considerably increase, in atransient manner, the production of type C and type D primateretroviruses in

persistently infected human cells. From experimentsdemonstrating a disintegrating activity of chelating agents (EDTA, EGTA)and certain psychoactive drugs (including trifluoperazine) on variousprimate and nonprimate retroviruses it is concluded that divalentcations, probably Ca2+ ions, and possibly also cation-binding proteinsare associated with retroviral membranes and that complexing of thesecomponents results in loss of viral infectivity. Wunderlich Very, UckertW, Sydow G Arch Geschwulstforsch. 1983;53(3):267- 78.>

Guest guest

he has metal issues yes, but not all kids and testing I have seen do ALL kids, also remember MY child doesn't have an autism label and hasn't now for over 2 years yet still has some mercury and lead issues. we dumped alot with getting suppliments in place and healing his body allowing his BODY to do the dumping with out chelation.

again my NT daughter has metals issues and has NEVER had a label or been on specturm and has NO delays at all....

one does not mean the other.

Re: ALA - direct inhibitor of> retroviral replication> >> >> > "Could it be that the chelators work as antiretrovirals by> removing mercury? "> >> > , that is not the case, that is not how chelators> work here. They work by removing ions from cation-binding viral> proteins, causing unfolding/loss of protein functionality. For example> by opening zinc-finger proteins and similar. There are other mechanisms> observed, such as inhibiting viral DNA synthesis through RNA reductase> deactivation, see attached> >> > btw some of these studies are in vitro, no mercury in sight,> so the answer is NO they do not work as antivirals through chelating> mercury, at least not exclusively (meaning to say that who knows maybe> heavy metals are also directly utilised by some viruses)> >> > And whatever is observed to happen in HIV only is only> because HIV is studied lot more than others. There are no studies that> show other viral proteins would not be unfolding in the same way when> chelators added. Having said that there are studies on herpes/CMV and> others that indicate same things going on.> >> >> >> > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human> rotavirus.> > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human> rotavirus was investigated using the indirect immunofluorescence (FA)> technique in LLC-MK2 cells to titrate infectivity. Rotavirus infectivity> was stabilized by calcium and strontium ions in solution but not by> magnesium ions. Rotavirus isolates were found to be much less stable at> 37 degrees C than at + 4 degrees C or 20 degrees. A study of virus> morphology at intervals during the course of the experiment and> treatment with the chelating agents EDTA and EGTA suggests that loss of> infectivity coincides with the removal of the outer capsid layer and> that calcium may be required to maintain virus integrity. Arch Virol.> 1981;67(1):1-9. Shirley JA, Beards GM, Thouless ME, Flewett TH> >> >> > Biochemical studies of primate retroviruses.> > In the present paper, recent biochemical studies of> retroviruses carried out in our laboratory are summarized. Protein> compositions, peptide maps of internal structural proteins,> neighborhoods of major structural proteins, and serological properties> of reverse transcriptases of type D virus isolates from human cells> (including Graffi's isolate termed PMFV and also isolates from HeLa- and> HEp-2 cells) were compared with those of type D viruses from Old World> (Mason-Pfizer virus of rhesus monkeys, langur virus) and New World> (squirrel monkey retrovirus) monkeys. The results provide various new> informations on, and further demonstrate the diversity of primate type D> viruses. Other studies showed that tumor promoting agents (phorbol ester> TPA, indole alkaloid teleocidin) are able to considerably increase, in a> transient manner, the production of type C and type D primate> retroviruses in persistently infected human cells. From experiments> demonstrating a disintegrating activity of chelating agents (EDTA, EGTA)> and certain psychoactive drugs (including trifluoperazine) on various> primate and nonprimate retroviruses it is concluded that divalent> cations, probably Ca2+ ions, and possibly also cation-binding proteins> are associated with retroviral membranes and that complexing of these> components results in loss of viral infectivity. Wunderlich Very, Uckert> W, Sydow G Arch Geschwulstforsch. 1983;53(3):267-78.> >>

Guest guest

accept again they were adults with a BBB formed already and our children don't have that till age 5. very different situations, merucry goes for fat matter. my middle kid has it as my body dumped it into my fetus from dropping 35 pounds in like 2 weeks! adn still dropping a pound a day in the hospital on a feeding tube for 2 months. I HAD no fat layer so it only had one place to go. again you can have nuro issues WITH OUT metal issues, hormons being off, tumors, thyroid can even cause things that mock it, viral issues, yeast issues ect....there were nuro issues in people BEFORE mercury problems and will continue to be....people can have siezers with out merucry, they can have gentic issues that cause nuro issues ect.

kids that get better with metal removal yes it may be the source of THEIR issue, BUT that doesn't meant that every child on the specturm that that is THEIR issue, they may have landed there for other reasons, wilsons disease, celiac disease, over use of antibiotics, viral vaccinations, chromason 15 being off, fragil X, laundua kleffner syndrom ect

this may be YOUR childs reason for being there but doesn't make every child to be the same.....

Re: ALA - direct inhibitor ofretroviral replication>>> "Could it be that the chelators work as antiretrovirals byremoving mercury? ">> , that is not the case, that is not how chelatorswork here. They work by removing ions from cation-binding viralproteins, causing unfolding/loss of protein functionality. For exampleby opening zinc-finger proteins and similar. There are other mechanismsobserved, such as inhibiting viral DNA synthesis through RNA reductasedeactivation, see attached>> btw some of these studies are in vitro, no mercury in sight,so the answer is NO they do not work as antivirals through chelatingmercury, at least not exclusively (meaning to say that who knows maybeheavy metals are also directly utilised by some viruses)>> And whatever is observed to happen in HIV only is onlybecause HIV is studied lot more than others. There are no studies thatshow other viral proteins would not be unfolding in the same way whenchelators added. Having said that there are studies on herpes/CMV andothers that indicate same things going on.>>>> The influence of divalent cations on the stability of humanrotavirus.> The influence of divalent cations on the stability of humanrotavirus was investigated using the indirect immunofluorescence (FA)technique in LLC-MK2 cells to titrate infectivity. Rotavirus infectivitywas stabilized by calcium and strontium ions in solution but not bymagnesium ions. Rotavirus isolates were found to be much less stable at37 degrees C than at + 4 degrees C or 20 degrees. A study of virusmorphology at intervals during the course of the experiment andtreatment with the chelating agents EDTA and EGTA suggests that loss ofinfectivity coincides with the removal of the outer capsid layer andthat calcium may be required to maintain virus integrity. Arch Virol.1981;67(1):1-9. Shirley JA, Beards GM, Thouless ME, Flewett TH>>> Biochemical studies of primate retroviruses.> In the present paper, recent biochemical studies ofretroviruses carried out in our laboratory are summarized. Proteincompositions, peptide maps of internal structural proteins,neighborhoods of major structural proteins, and serological propertiesof reverse transcriptases of type D virus isolates from human cells(including Graffi's isolate termed PMFV and also isolates from HeLa- andHEp-2 cells) were compared with those of type D viruses from Old World(Mason-Pfizer virus of rhesus monkeys, langur virus) and New World(squirrel monkey retrovirus) monkeys. The results provide various newinformations on, and further demonstrate the diversity of primate type Dviruses. Other studies showed that tumor promoting agents (phorbol esterTPA, indole alkaloid teleocidin) are able to considerably increase, in atransient manner, the production of type C and type D primateretroviruses in persistently infected human cells. From experimentsdemonstrating a disintegrating activity of chelating agents (EDTA, EGTA)and certain psychoactive drugs (including trifluoperazine) on variousprimate and nonprimate retroviruses it is concluded that divalentcations, probably Ca2+ ions, and possibly also cation-binding proteinsare associated with retroviral membranes and that complexing of thesecomponents results in loss of viral infectivity. Wunderlich Very, UckertW, Sydow G Arch Geschwulstforsch. 1983;53(3):267-78.>

Guest guest

rogar my son HAS been tested over the years many times, both hair test, blood test, urine test, and we have even ran ones to see what we are dumping to compair here and there. he STILL has metals but is no longer autistic. that is the point of my arguement that not all kids with metal issues are autistic, and not all autistics have metal issues, I have SEEN the urine, and hair tests of 100's of kids and have seen some that are clean with out odd medical tests showing issues

Re: ALA - direct inhibitor of retroviral replication

“Could it be that the chelators work as antiretrovirals by removing mercury? “, that is not the case, that is not how chelators work here. They work by removing ions from cation-binding viral proteins, causing unfolding/loss of protein functionality. For example by opening zinc-finger proteins and similar. There are other mechanisms observed, such as inhibiting viral DNA synthesis through RNA reductase deactivation, see attachedbtw some of these studies are in vitro, no mercury in sight, so the answer is NO they do not work as antivirals through chelating mercury, at least not exclusively (meaning to say that who knows maybe heavy metals are also directly utilised by some viruses)And whatever is observed to happen in HIV only is only because HIV is studied lot more than others. There are no studies that show other viral proteins would not be unfolding in the same way when chelators added. Having said that there are studies on herpes/CMV and others that indicate same things going on. The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human rotavirus.The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human rotavirus was investigated using the indirect immunofluorescence (FA) technique in LLC-MK2 cells to titrate infectivity. Rotavirus infectivity was stabilized by calcium and strontium ions in solution but not by magnesium ions. Rotavirus isolates were found to be much less stable at 37 degrees C than at + 4 degrees C or 20 degrees. A study of virus morphology at intervals during the course of the experiment and treatment with the chelating agents EDTA and EGTA suggests that loss of infectivity coincides with the removal of the outer capsid layer and that calcium may be required to maintain virus integrity. Arch Virol. 1981;67(1):1- 9. Shirley JA, Beards GM, Thouless ME, Flewett THBiochemical studies of primate retroviruses.In the present paper, recent biochemical studies of retroviruses carried out in our laboratory are summarized. Protein compositions, peptide maps of internal structural proteins, neighborhoods of major structural proteins, and serological properties of reverse transcriptases of type D virus isolates from human cells (including Graffi's isolate termed PMFV and also isolates from HeLa- and HEp-2 cells) were compared with those of type D viruses from Old World (Mason-Pfizer virus of rhesus monkeys, langur virus) and New World (squirrel monkey retrovirus) monkeys. The results provide various new informations on, and further demonstrate the diversity of primate type D viruses. Other studies showed that tumor promoting agents (phorbol ester TPA, indole alkaloid teleocidin) are able to considerably increase, in a transient manner, the production of type C and type D primate retroviruses in persistently infected human cells. From experiments demonstrating a disintegrating activity of chelating agents (EDTA, EGTA) and certain psychoactive drugs (including trifluoperazine) on various primate and nonprimate retroviruses it is concluded that divalent cations, probably Ca2+ ions, and possibly also cation-binding proteins are associated with retroviral membranes and that complexing of these components results in loss of viral infectivity. Wunderlich Very, Uckert W, Sydow G Arch Geschwulstforsch. 1983;53(3):267- 78.

Guest guest

honestly it was more simple then that for us, we did vit A protical in low dose form for our son to kick the MMR,. I am actually concitering trying it for myself to see if it helps my fibro and may be related. measels depletes the body of vit A shutting down the immune system (which is how it can spiral the body downward into autism) leading to things like allergies, then yeast and wholes in the gut, leading to opiate issues, not clearing the body and build up of things and toxins then shutting down the liver from detoxing ect.....but not starting with metals. this was our sons case. we had immune panels done when he got dxed that actually looked better then years later on spectrum.....we got break out in measels with the vit A protical and were part of 1 immune studies and measels with McCandless.

\

Re: ALA > - direct inhibitor of retroviral replication> > “Could it be that the chelators work as > antiretrovirals by removing mercury? “> > , that is not > the case, that is not how chelators work here. They work by removing > ions from cation-binding viral proteins, causing unfolding/loss of > protein functionality. For example by opening zinc-finger proteins > and similar. There are other mechanisms observed, such as inhibiting > viral DNA synthesis through RNA reductase deactivation, see > attached> > btw some of these studies are in vitro, no mercury > in sight, so the answer is NO they do not work as antivirals through > chelating mercury, at least not exclusively (meaning to say that who > knows maybe heavy metals are also directly utilised by some > viruses)> > And whatever is observed to happen in HIV only is > only because HIV is studied lot more than others. There are no > studies that show other viral proteins would not be unfolding in the > same way when chelators added. Having said that there are studies on > herpes/CMV and others that indicate same things going on. > > > >  > The influence of divalent cations on the > stability of human rotavirus.> The influence of divalent > cations on the stability of human rotavirus was investigated using > the indirect immunofluorescence (FA) technique in LLC-MK2 cells to > titrate infectivity. Rotavirus infectivity was stabilized by calcium > and strontium ions in solution but not by magnesium ions. Rotavirus > isolates were found to be much less stable at 37 degrees C than at + > 4 degrees C or 20 degrees. A study of virus morphology at intervals > during the course of the experiment and treatment with the chelating > agents EDTA and EGTA suggests that loss of infectivity coincides > with the removal of the outer capsid layer and that calcium may be > required to maintain virus integrity. Arch Virol. > 1981;67(1):1- 9. Shirley JA, Beards GM, Thouless ME, Flewett > TH> > > Biochemical studies of primate > retroviruses.> In the present paper, recent biochemical > studies of retroviruses carried out in our laboratory are > summarized. Protein compositions, peptide maps of internal > structural proteins, neighborhoods of major structural proteins, and > serological properties of reverse transcriptases of type D virus > isolates from human cells (including Graffi's isolate termed PMFV > and also isolates from HeLa- and HEp-2 cells) were compared with > those of type D viruses from Old World (Mason-Pfizer virus of rhesus > monkeys, langur virus) and New World (squirrel monkey retrovirus) > monkeys. The results provide various new informations on, and > further demonstrate the diversity of primate type D viruses. Other > studies showed that tumor promoting agents (phorbol ester TPA, > indole alkaloid teleocidin) are able to considerably increase, in a > transient manner, the production of type C and type D primate > retroviruses in persistently infected human cells. From experiments > demonstrating a disintegrating activity of chelating agents (EDTA, > EGTA) and certain psychoactive drugs (including trifluoperazine) on > various primate and nonprimate retroviruses it is concluded that > divalent cations, probably Ca2+ ions, and possibly also > cation-binding proteins are associated with retroviral membranes and > that complexing of these components results in loss of viral > infectivity. Wunderlich Very, Uckert W, Sydow G Arch > Geschwulstforsch. > 1983;53(3):267- 78.>

Guest guest

" not all autistics have metal issues "

I don't believe it.

>

>

>

> Subject: Re: Re: ALA - direct inhibitor of retroviral

replication

> To: mb12 valtrex

> Date: Friday, November 20, 2009, 8:59 AM

>

>

>

>

> then I guess we don't have mercury in the brain because our son

isn't autistic anymore....and we didn't chelate! not ALL autistic kids have

mercury issues! my son didn't become autistic because he had metals, he became

autistic when he got an MMR....in HOURS after it!n we had tested 2 weeks prior

developmental testing and he was 6 months advanced. after 7 hours after his MMR

he became autistic, lost lang, no eye contact, started seizering, ect. we

tested him 2 weeks after this because I had no idea what had happened to my son,

he then had the develeopment of a 2-4 month old. we LITERIALLY lost 14-16

months development from the MMR.....NOT EVERYTHING IS METALS~! if it was he

would have become autistic when the thermitor exploded at 6 months old in our

dishwasher and he didn't then!!!! it would also mean that my son would STILL be

autistic since we haven't chelated with your therory and he is not!

>

> Re: ALA - direct inhibitor of

retroviral replication

>

>

> “Could it be that the chelators work as

antiretrovirals by removing mercury? “

>

> , that is not the case, that is not how chelators

work here. They work by removing ions from cation-binding viral proteins,

causing unfolding/loss of protein functionality. For example by opening

zinc-finger proteins and similar. There are other mechanisms observed, such as

inhibiting viral DNA synthesis through RNA reductase deactivation, see attached

>

> btw some of these studies are in vitro, no mercury in

sight, so the answer is NO they do not work as antivirals through chelating

mercury, at least not exclusively (meaning to say that who knows maybe heavy

metals are also directly utilised by some viruses)

>

> And whatever is observed to happen in HIV only is only

because HIV is studied lot more than others. There are no studies that show

other viral proteins would not be unfolding in the same way when chelators

added. Having said that there are studies on herpes/CMV and others that indicate

same things going on.

>

>

>

> The influence of divalent cations on the stability of

human rotavirus.

> The influence of divalent cations on the stability of

human rotavirus was investigated using the indirect immunofluorescence (FA)

technique in LLC-MK2 cells to titrate infectivity. Rotavirus infectivity was

stabilized by calcium and strontium ions in solution but not by magnesium ions.

Rotavirus isolates were found to be much less stable at 37 degrees C than at + 4

degrees C or 20 degrees. A study of virus morphology at intervals during the

course of the experiment and treatment with the chelating agents EDTA and EGTA

suggests that loss of infectivity coincides with the removal of the outer capsid

layer and that calcium may be required to maintain virus integrity. Arch Virol.

1981;67(1):1- 9. Shirley JA, Beards GM, Thouless ME, Flewett TH

>

>

> Biochemical studies of primate retroviruses.

> In the present paper, recent biochemical studies of

retroviruses carried out in our laboratory are summarized. Protein compositions,

peptide maps of internal structural proteins, neighborhoods of major structural

proteins, and serological properties of reverse transcriptases of type D virus

isolates from human cells (including Graffi's isolate termed PMFV and also

isolates from HeLa- and HEp-2 cells) were compared with those of type D viruses

from Old World (Mason-Pfizer virus of rhesus monkeys, langur virus) and New

World (squirrel monkey retrovirus) monkeys. The results provide various new

informations on, and further demonstrate the diversity of primate type D

viruses. Other studies showed that tumor promoting agents (phorbol ester TPA,

indole alkaloid teleocidin) are able to considerably increase, in a transient

manner, the production of type C and type D primate retroviruses in persistently

infected human cells. From experiments demonstrating a disintegrating activity

of chelating agents (EDTA, EGTA) and certain psychoactive drugs (including

trifluoperazine) on various primate and nonprimate retroviruses it is concluded

that divalent cations, probably Ca2+ ions, and possibly also cation-binding

proteins are associated with retroviral membranes and that complexing of these

components results in loss of viral infectivity. Wunderlich Very, Uckert W,

Sydow G Arch Geschwulstforsch. 1983;53(3):267- 78.

>

Guest guest

Guest guest

Christal,

I also have an MMR kid. It makes me feel very hopeful that your son is

recovered. My son is really close, but not quite there. He avoids conversing

with people and when he is comfortable enough to converse with someone, he

sounds kind of like the Sheldon character in " the big bang theory " show. He can

get angry when people try to make him participate in a conversation that he is

not interested in because it forces him out of the obsessions he is working in

his head. Also he gets upset when his short answers come off as rude when he

didn't intend them to be that way. He is like a foreigner that speaks the

language but doesn't get the nuances, abstractions, or customs that go with it

I'd love to hear anything you have to say about how you " kicked the MMR. " My son

tested high for aluminum many years back, but never came up high for mercury,

even after DMSA and ALA. Can anyone tell us how a high mercury burden would

present differently in symptoms than say other metals, yeast, strep, clostridia,

viruses? We keep talking about how our kids are so different yet so alike.

What were the symptoms of " Mad Hatter " again?

Jen

> >

> > From: Christel King <christelking1@>

> > Subject: Re: Re: ALA - direct inhibitor of retroviral

replication

> > To: mb12 valtrex

> > Date: Friday, November 20, 2009, 8:59 AM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Â

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > then I guess we don't have mercury in the brain

> > because our son isn't autistic anymore....and we didn't chelate!  not

> > ALL autistic kids have mercury issues! my son didn't become autistic

> > because he had metals, he became autistic when he got an MMR....in HOURS

after

> > it!n we had tested 2 weeks prior developmental testing and he was 6

months

> > advanced. after 7 hours after his MMR he became autistic, lost lang, no

> > eye contact, started seizering, ect. we tested him 2 weeks after this

> > because I had no idea what had happened to my son, he then had the

develeopment

> > of a 2-4 month old. we LITERIALLY lost 14-16 months development from

the

> > MMR.....NOT EVERYTHING IS METALS~! if it was he would have become

autistic

> > when the thermitor exploded at 6 months old in our dishwasher and he

> > didn't then!!!! it would also mean that my son would STILL be

> > autistic since we haven't chelated with your therory and he is not!

> > Â

> >

> > Re: ALA

> > - direct inhibitor of retroviral replication

> >

> >  " Could it be that the chelators work as

> > antiretrovirals by removing mercury?  "

> >

> > , that is not

> > the case, that is not how chelators work here. They work by removing

> > ions from cation-binding viral proteins, causing unfolding/loss of

> > protein functionality. For example by opening zinc-finger proteins

> > and similar. There are other mechanisms observed, such as inhibiting

> > viral DNA synthesis through RNA reductase deactivation, see

> > attached

> >

> > btw some of these studies are in vitro, no mercury

> > in sight, so the answer is NO they do not work as antivirals through

> > chelating mercury, at least not exclusively (meaning to say that who

> > knows maybe heavy metals are also directly utilised by some

> > viruses)

> >

> > And whatever is observed to happen in HIV only is

> > only because HIV is studied lot more than others. There are no

> > studies that show other viral proteins would not be unfolding in the

> > same way when chelators added. Having said that there are studies on

> > herpes/CMV and others that indicate same things going on.

> >

> >

> >

> > Â

> > The influence of divalent cations on the

> > stability of human rotavirus.

> > The influence of divalent

> > cations on the stability of human rotavirus was investigated using

> > the indirect immunofluorescence (FA) technique in LLC-MK2 cells to

> > titrate infectivity. Rotavirus infectivity was stabilized by calcium

> > and strontium ions in solution but not by magnesium ions. Rotavirus

> > isolates were found to be much less stable at 37 degrees C than at +

> > 4 degrees C or 20 degrees. A study of virus morphology at intervals

> > during the course of the experiment and treatment with the chelating

> > agents EDTA and EGTA suggests that loss of infectivity coincides

> > with the removal of the outer capsid layer and that calcium may be

> > required to maintain virus integrity. Arch Virol.

> > 1981;67(1):1- 9. Shirley JA, Beards GM, Thouless ME, Flewett

> > TH

> >

> >

> > Biochemical studies of primate

> > retroviruses.

> > In the present paper, recent biochemical

> > studies of retroviruses carried out in our laboratory are

> > summarized. Protein compositions, peptide maps of internal

> > structural proteins, neighborhoods of major structural proteins, and

> > serological properties of reverse transcriptases of type D virus

> > isolates from human cells (including Graffi's isolate termed PMFV

> > and also isolates from HeLa- and HEp-2 cells) were compared with

> > those of type D viruses from Old World (Mason-Pfizer virus of rhesus

> > monkeys, langur virus) and New World (squirrel monkey retrovirus)

> > monkeys. The results provide various new informations on, and

> > further demonstrate the diversity of primate type D viruses. Other

> > studies showed that tumor promoting agents (phorbol ester TPA,

> > indole alkaloid teleocidin) are able to considerably increase, in a

> > demonstrating a disintegrating activity of chelating agents (EDTA,

> > EGTA) and certain psychoactive drugs (including trifluoperazine) on

> > various primate and nonprimate retroviruses it is concluded that

> > divalent cations, probably Ca2+ ions, and possibly also

> > cation-binding proteins are associated with retroviral membranes and

> > that complexing of these components results in loss of viral

> > infectivity. Wunderlich Very, Uckert W, Sydow G Arch

> > Geschwulstforsch.

> > 1983;53(3):267- 78.

> >

>

Guest guest

Christal,

sounds kind of like the Sheldon character in " the big bang theory " show. He can

I'd love to hear anything you have to say about how you " kicked the MMR. " My son

present differently in symptoms than say other metals, yeast, strep, clostridia,

Jen

> >

replication

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Â

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

after

months

develeopment

the

autistic

> > Â

> >

> >

> >

> > , that is not

> > attached

> >

> > viruses)

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Â

> > TH

> >

> >

> > retroviruses.

> > Geschwulstforsch.

> >

>

Guest guest

Christal,

Jen

> >

replication

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Â

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

after

months

develeopment

the

autistic

> > Â

> >

> >

> >

> > , that is not

> > attached

> >

> > viruses)

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Â

> > TH

> >

> >

> > retroviruses.

> > Geschwulstforsch.

> >

>

Guest guest

Re: ALA - direct inhibitor of> > > > retroviral replication> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > "Could it be that the chelators work as antiretrovirals by> > > > removing mercury? "> > > > >> > > > > , that is not the case, that is not how chelators> > > > work here. They work by removing ions from cation-binding viral> > > > proteins, causing unfolding/loss of protein functionality. For example> > > > by opening zinc-finger proteins and similar. There are other mechanisms> > > > observed, such as inhibiting viral DNA synthesis through RNA reductase> > > > deactivation, see attached> > > > >> > > > > btw some of these studies are in vitro, no mercury in sight,> > > > so the answer is NO they do not work as antivirals through chelating> > > > mercury, at least not exclusively (meaning to say that who knows maybe> > > > heavy metals are also directly utilised by some viruses)> > > > >> > > > > And whatever is observed to happen in HIV only is only> > > > because HIV is studied lot more than others. There are no studies that> > > > show other viral proteins would not be unfolding in the same way when> > > > chelators added. Having said that there are studies on herpes/CMV and> > > > others that indicate same things going on.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human> > > > rotavirus.> > > > > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human> > > > rotavirus was investigated using the indirect immunofluorescence (FA)> > > > technique in LLC-MK2 cells to titrate infectivity. Rotavirus infectivity> > > > was stabilized by calcium and strontium ions in solution but not by> > > > magnesium ions. Rotavirus isolates were found to be much less stable at> > > > 37 degrees C than at + 4 degrees C or 20 degrees. A study of virus> > > > morphology at intervals during the course of the experiment and> > > > treatment with the chelating agents EDTA and EGTA suggests that loss of> > > > infectivity coincides with the removal of the outer capsid layer and> > > > that calcium may be required to maintain virus integrity. Arch Virol.> > > > 1981;67(1):1-9. Shirley JA, Beards GM, Thouless ME, Flewett TH> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Biochemical studies of primate retroviruses.> > > > > In the present paper, recent biochemical studies of> > > > retroviruses carried out in our laboratory are summarized. Protein> > > > compositions, peptide maps of internal structural proteins,> > > > neighborhoods of major structural proteins, and serological properties> > > > of reverse transcriptases of type D virus isolates from human cells> > > > (including Graffi's isolate termed PMFV and also isolates from HeLa- and> > > > HEp-2 cells) were compared with those of type D viruses from Old World> > > > (Mason-Pfizer virus of rhesus monkeys, langur virus) and New World> > > > (squirrel monkey retrovirus) monkeys. The results provide various new> > > > informations on, and further demonstrate the diversity of primate type D> > > > viruses. Other studies showed that tumor promoting agents (phorbol ester> > > > TPA, indole alkaloid teleocidin) are able to considerably increase, in a> > > > transient manner, the production of type C and type D primate> > > > retroviruses in persistently infected human cells. From experiments> > > > demonstrating a disintegrating activity of chelating agents (EDTA, EGTA)> > > > and certain psychoactive drugs (including trifluoperazine) on various> > > > primate and nonprimate retroviruses it is concluded that divalent> > > > cations, probably Ca2+ ions, and possibly also cation-binding proteins> > > > are associated with retroviral membranes and that complexing of these> > > > components results in loss of viral infectivity. Wunderlich Very, Uckert> > > > W, Sydow G Arch Geschwulstforsch. 1983;53(3):267-78.> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Guest guest

your belief doesn't change things....people used to think the earth was flat to....but it didn't become flat it was still the same shape it is today. I believe vaccinations are bad and damaged my child, but I don't think all kids have autism from vaccinations, you have to seperate out what your beliefs are and WHY you believe it. there are kids out there who have not been vaccinated, and kids out there with out metal issues so we still don't have the cause.

Re: ALA - direct inhibitor of retroviral replication> > > “Could it be that the chelators work as antiretrovirals by removing mercury? “> > , that is not the case, that is not how chelators work here. They work by removing ions from cation-binding viral proteins, causing unfolding/loss of protein functionality. For example by opening zinc-finger proteins and similar. There are other mechanisms observed, such as inhibiting viral DNA synthesis through RNA reductase deactivation, see attached> > btw some of these studies are in vitro, no mercury in sight, so the answer is NO they do not work as antivirals through chelating mercury, at least not exclusively (meaning to say that who knows maybe heavy metals are also directly utilised by some viruses)> > And whatever is observed to happen in HIV only is only because HIV is studied lot more than others. There are no studies that show other viral proteins would not be unfolding in the same way when chelators added. Having said that there are studies on herpes/CMV and others that indicate same things going on. > > > > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human rotavirus.> The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human rotavirus was investigated using the indirect immunofluorescence (FA) technique in LLC-MK2 cells to titrate infectivity. Rotavirus infectivity was stabilized by calcium and strontium ions in solution but not by magnesium ions. Rotavirus isolates were found to be much less stable at 37 degrees C than at + 4 degrees C or 20 degrees. A study of virus morphology at intervals during the course of the experiment and treatment with the chelating agents EDTA and EGTA suggests that loss of infectivity coincides with the removal of the outer capsid layer and that calcium may be required to maintain virus integrity. Arch Virol. 1981;67(1):1- 9. Shirley JA, Beards GM, Thouless ME, Flewett TH> > > Biochemical studies of primate retroviruses.> In the present paper, recent biochemical studies of retroviruses carried out in our laboratory are summarized. Protein compositions, peptide maps of internal structural proteins, neighborhoods of major structural proteins, and serological properties of reverse transcriptases of type D virus isolates from human cells (including Graffi's isolate termed PMFV and also isolates from HeLa- and HEp-2 cells) were compared with those of type D viruses from Old World (Mason-Pfizer virus of rhesus monkeys, langur virus) and New World (squirrel monkey retrovirus) monkeys. The results provide various new informations on, and further demonstrate the diversity of primate type D viruses. Other studies showed that tumor promoting agents (phorbol ester TPA, indole alkaloid teleocidin) are able to considerably increase, in a transient manner, the production of type C and type D primate retroviruses in persistently infected human cells. From experiments demonstrating a disintegrating activity of chelating agents (EDTA, EGTA) and certain psychoactive drugs (including trifluoperazine) on various primate and nonprimate retroviruses it is concluded that divalent cations, probably Ca2+ ions, and possibly also cation-binding proteins are associated with retroviral membranes and that complexing of these components results in loss of viral infectivity. Wunderlich Very, Uckert W, Sydow G Arch Geschwulstforsch. 1983;53(3):267- 78.>

Guest guest

your belief doesn't change things....people used to think the earth was flat to....but it didn't become flat it was still the same shape it is today. I believe vaccinations are bad and damaged my child, but I don't think all kids have autism from vaccinations, you have to seperate out what your beliefs are and WHY you believe it. there are kids out there who have not been vaccinated, and kids out there with out metal issues so we still don't have the cause.

Re: ALA - direct inhibitor of retroviral replication> > > “Could it be that the chelators work as antiretrovirals by removing mercury? “> > , that is not the case, that is not how chelators work here. They work by removing ions from cation-binding viral proteins, causing unfolding/loss of protein functionality. For example by opening zinc-finger proteins and similar. There are other mechanisms observed, such as inhibiting viral DNA synthesis through RNA reductase deactivation, see attached> > btw some of these studies are in vitro, no mercury in sight, so the answer is NO they do not work as antivirals through chelating mercury, at least not exclusively (meaning to say that who knows maybe heavy metals are also directly utilised by some viruses)> > And whatever is observed to happen in HIV only is only because HIV is studied lot more than others. There are no studies that show other viral proteins would not be unfolding in the same way when chelators added. Having said that there are studies on herpes/CMV and others that indicate same things going on. > > > > The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human rotavirus.> The influence of divalent cations on the stability of human rotavirus was investigated using the indirect immunofluorescence (FA) technique in LLC-MK2 cells to titrate infectivity. Rotavirus infectivity was stabilized by calcium and strontium ions in solution but not by magnesium ions. Rotavirus isolates were found to be much less stable at 37 degrees C than at + 4 degrees C or 20 degrees. A study of virus morphology at intervals during the course of the experiment and treatment with the chelating agents EDTA and EGTA suggests that loss of infectivity coincides with the removal of the outer capsid layer and that calcium may be required to maintain virus integrity. Arch Virol. 1981;67(1):1- 9. Shirley JA, Beards GM, Thouless ME, Flewett TH> > > Biochemical studies of primate retroviruses.> In the present paper, recent biochemical studies of retroviruses carried out in our laboratory are summarized. Protein compositions, peptide maps of internal structural proteins, neighborhoods of major structural proteins, and serological properties of reverse transcriptases of type D virus isolates from human cells (including Graffi's isolate termed PMFV and also isolates from HeLa- and HEp-2 cells) were compared with those of type D viruses from Old World (Mason-Pfizer virus of rhesus monkeys, langur virus) and New World (squirrel monkey retrovirus) monkeys. The results provide various new informations on, and further demonstrate the diversity of primate type D viruses. Other studies showed that tumor promoting agents (phorbol ester TPA, indole alkaloid teleocidin) are able to considerably increase, in a transient manner, the production of type C and type D primate retroviruses in persistently infected human cells. From experiments demonstrating a disintegrating activity of chelating agents (EDTA, EGTA) and certain psychoactive drugs (including trifluoperazine) on various primate and nonprimate retroviruses it is concluded that divalent cations, probably Ca2+ ions, and possibly also cation-binding proteins are associated with retroviral membranes and that complexing of these components results in loss of viral infectivity. Wunderlich Very, Uckert W, Sydow G Arch Geschwulstforsch. 1983;53(3):267- 78.>