RemedySpot.com

Re: Metals need to go first...right?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

not necessarily, you can get rid of yeast issues, bacteria issues, and viral issues with out metal stuff. we have eliminiated yeast issues, and bacteria issues with out removing metals and treated viral issues early on and been successful with out doing metal treatments yet

Metals need to go first...right?

Just to make sure I'm doing this right, I wanted to put this out there and make sure.

I'm treating my son for food allergies by having him on the gfcf diet, I'm treating him for yeast overgrowth and viral and bacterial overgrowth as well, pretty much all at the same time. I'm also chelating according Andy's protocol.

My question ...The yeast, bacteria and viruses are going to keep coming back unless I remove the heavy metal load first.....right? So no matter how under control they seem unless the metals are removed I'm going to see them come back?

I guess the reason I'm asking is that this thought process is the foundation of our treatments. Chelation is the center of our healing for our son, and I just wanted to make sure that I am doing things correct.

Rose

I disagree. If your child has metals, they should be addressed at the same time

as the other things. They are most likely the REASON for the other issues.

>

> not necessarily, you can get rid of yeast issues, bacteria issues, and viral

issues with out metal stuff. we have eliminiated yeast issues, and bacteria

issues with out removing metals and treated viral issues early on and been

successful with out doing metal treatments yet

>

> Metals need to go first...right?

>

>

>

>

> Just to make sure I'm doing this right, I wanted to put this out there and

make sure.

>

> I'm treating my son for food allergies by having him on the gfcf diet, I'm

treating him for yeast overgrowth and viral and bacterial overgrowth as well,

pretty much all at the same time. I'm also chelating according Andy's protocol.

>

> My question ...The yeast, bacteria and viruses are going to keep coming

back unless I remove the heavy metal load first.....right? So no matter how

under control they seem unless the metals are removed I'm going to see them come

back?

>

> I guess the reason I'm asking is that this thought process is the foundation

of our treatments. Chelation is the center of our healing for our son, and I

just wanted to make sure that I am doing things correct.

>

> Rose

>

I disagree. If your child has metals, they should be addressed at the same time

as the other things. They are most likely the REASON for the other issues.

>

> not necessarily, you can get rid of yeast issues, bacteria issues, and viral

>

> Metals need to go first...right?

>

>

>

>

make sure.

>

> I'm treating my son for food allergies by having him on the gfcf diet, I'm

>

> My question ...The yeast, bacteria and viruses are going to keep coming

under control they seem unless the metals are removed I'm going to see them come

back?

>

> I guess the reason I'm asking is that this thought process is the foundation

>

> Rose

>

" My question ...The yeast, bacteria and viruses are going to keep coming back

unless I remove the heavy metal load first.....right? So no matter how under

control they seem unless the metals are removed I'm going to see them come

back? "

I thought this was true too, but I am not sure. We screwed around with our

" yeast protocols " and it got a lot better. First thing I can suggest is no

sweets whatsoever. If you must, then just take a break from chelating for a

week or something. Next, coconut oil is great for fighting yeast and you can

use it on or in all kinds of foods. Also, I use Amla, a strong antioxidant with

yeast fighting tannins, in my chelators. I use it like Vit C. Honestly, I have

stopped probiotics (don't need them anymore), sometimes making cultured

vegetables, but not very often. I just use Candex/Candidaise if there seems to

be a need for it. This has worked for us.

But to answer your question, I think that you can experiment and find ways to

control yeast and still have a heavy metal burden (and chelate). Food seemed to

be more of the cause for yeast than metals did. I think it is good to eliminate

foods if it lessens yeast and inflammation, but that in the end, those who

chelate will be better off as far as tolerating foods anyway.

>

make sure.

>

>  I'm treating my son for food allergies by having him on the gfcf diet, I'm

pretty much all at the same time. I'm also chelating according Andy's

protocol.   

>

>  My question ...The yeast, bacteria and viruses are going to keep coming back

unless I remove the heavy metal load first.....right?   So no matter how under

control they seem unless the metals are removed I'm going to see them come back?

>

> I guess the reason I'm asking is that this thought process is the foundation

>

> Rose

>

" My question ...The yeast, bacteria and viruses are going to keep coming back

unless I remove the heavy metal load first.....right? So no matter how under

control they seem unless the metals are removed I'm going to see them come

back? "

I thought this was true too, but I am not sure. We screwed around with our

" yeast protocols " and it got a lot better. First thing I can suggest is no

sweets whatsoever. If you must, then just take a break from chelating for a

week or something. Next, coconut oil is great for fighting yeast and you can

use it on or in all kinds of foods. Also, I use Amla, a strong antioxidant with

yeast fighting tannins, in my chelators. I use it like Vit C. Honestly, I have

stopped probiotics (don't need them anymore), sometimes making cultured

vegetables, but not very often. I just use Candex/Candidaise if there seems to

be a need for it. This has worked for us.

But to answer your question, I think that you can experiment and find ways to

control yeast and still have a heavy metal burden (and chelate). Food seemed to

be more of the cause for yeast than metals did. I think it is good to eliminate

foods if it lessens yeast and inflammation, but that in the end, those who

chelate will be better off as far as tolerating foods anyway.

>

make sure.

>

protocol.   

>

control they seem unless the metals are removed I'm going to see them come back?

>

>

> Rose

>

I also disagree for the same reasons as the two posts below. Every chelator we

try uncovers different stores of metals, scarey buy once they clear we see

gains.

> >

> > not necessarily, you can get rid of yeast issues, bacteria issues, and viral

Metals need to go first...right?> > > > > Just to make sure I'm doing this right, I wanted to put this out there and make sure.> > I'm treating my son for food allergies by having him on the gfcf diet, I'm treating him for yeast overgrowth and viral and bacterial overgrowth as well, pretty much all at the same time. I'm also chelating according Andy's protocol. > > My question ...The yeast, bacteria and viruses are going to keep coming back unless I remove the heavy metal load first.....right? So no matter how under control they seem unless the metals are removed I'm going to see them come back?> > I guess the reason I'm asking is that this thought process is the foundation of our treatments. Chelation is the center of our healing for our son, and I just wanted to make sure that I am doing things correct.> > Rose>

Rose- Our DAN told us we need to deal with the viruses and yeast first before

the metals, but our chiropractor (who is also a naturopath) said we need to go

after the metals concurrently to get optimal healing.

I'm still trying to sort this out myself.

Nanci

>

make sure.

>

protocol.   

>

>

>

> Rose

>

I think a lot of it depends on the the doctor,and the severity of the immune,bacterial or viral problems.I think Dr.Stoller was probably even surprised at the level of metals/ porphyrins I had.So addressing this before we tested for metals made sense.I think addressing all three at once,like we are is the smartest way to go.Metals,especially mercury,harm the immune system as much as they do the brain. Subject: Re: Metals need to go first...right?To: mb12 valtrex Date: Monday, November 16, 2009, 7:50 AM

Rose- Our DAN told us we need to deal with the viruses and yeast first before the metals, but our chiropractor (who is also a naturopath) said we need to go after the metals concurrently to get optimal healing.

I'm still trying to sort this out myself.

Nanci

>

> Just to make sure I'm doing this right, I wanted to put this out there and make sure.

>

> I'm treating my son for food allergies by having him on the gfcf diet, I'm treating him for yeast overgrowth and viral and bacterial overgrowth as well, pretty much all at the same time. I'm also chelating according Andy's protocol.

>

> My question ...The yeast, bacteria and viruses are going to keep coming back unless I remove the heavy metal load first.....right? So no matter how under control they seem unless the metals are removed I'm going to see them come back?

>

> I guess the reason I'm asking is that this thought process is the foundation of our treatments. Chelation is the center of our healing for our son, and I just wanted to make sure that I am doing things correct.

>

> Rose

>

then that would contridict DAN protical as it;s the last thing you typically worry about, and lost of kids heal those OTHER things all the time with out addressing metals

Metals need to go first...right?> > > > > Just to make sure I'm doing this right, I wanted to put this out there and make sure.> > I'm treating my son for food allergies by having him on the gfcf diet, I'm treating him for yeast overgrowth and viral and bacterial overgrowth as well, pretty much all at the same time. I'm also chelating according Andy's protocol. > > My question ...The yeast, bacteria and viruses are going to keep coming back unless I remove the heavy metal load first.....right? So no matter how under control they seem unless the metals are removed I'm going to see them come back?> > I guess the reason I'm asking is that this thought process is the foundation of our treatments. Chelation is the center of our healing for our son, and I just wanted to make sure that I am doing things correct.> > Rose>

we have no viral issues and are not doing LDN currently, and haven't done chelation

Metals take many years to leave, it doesn't make sense to deal with them last.

Rose- Our DAN told us we need to deal with the viruses and yeast first before the metals, but our chiropractor (who is also a naturopath) said we need to go after the metals concurrently to get optimal healing. I'm still trying to sort this out myself.Nanci>> Just to make sure I'm doing this right, I wanted to put this out there and make sure.> > I'm treating my son for food allergies by having him on the gfcf diet, I'm treating him for yeast overgrowth and viral and bacterial overgrowth as well, pretty much all at the same time. I'm also chelating according Andy's protocol. > > My question ...The yeast, bacteria and viruses are going to keep coming back unless I remove the heavy metal load first.....right? So no matter how under control they seem unless the metals are removed I'm going to see them come back?> > I guess the reason I'm asking is that this thought process is the foundation of our treatments. Chelation is the center of our healing for our son, and I just wanted to make sure that I am doing things correct.> > Rose>

we got better results with viruses and yeast first.VSubject: Re: Re: Metals need to go first...right?To: mb12 valtrex Date: Monday, November 16, 2009, 6:44 PM

Metals take many years to leave, it doesn't make sense to deal with them last.

Rose- Our DAN told us we need to deal with the viruses and yeast first before the metals, but our chiropractor (who is also a naturopath) said we need to go after the metals concurrently to get optimal healing. I'm still trying to sort this out myself.Nanci>> Just to make sure I'm doing this right, I wanted to put this out there and make sure.> > I'm treating my son for food allergies by having him on the gfcf diet, I'm treating him for yeast overgrowth and viral and bacterial overgrowth as well, pretty much all at the same time. I'm also chelating according Andy's protocol. > > My question ...The yeast, bacteria and viruses are going to keep coming back unless I remove the heavy metal load first.....right? So no matter how under control they seem unless the metals are removed I'm going to see them come back?> > I guess the reason I'm asking is that this thought process is the foundation of our treatments. Chelation is the center of our healing for our son, and I just wanted to make sure that I am doing things correct.> > Rose>

we have been off of LDN for over a month with our son and he is doing fine with it so far.......he was on it for years due to th1/th2 imbalence, again nothing to do with metals but rather his immune system and yes I know that metal CAN effect immune system but that is NOT his source. and yes I know recovered kids who have NOT done LDN and are not on antivirals, and some that have even gone off of the diet, my family will not be off the diet due to celiac disease and seizers however. again not due to metals but genetics. we have also gone down to only being on 2 suppliments again with out chelation. there are NON ASD kids that are on mutliviatmimes, doesn't make them metal toxic, heck I have 2 NT girls. my middle is NT all the way, has lead and mercury issues, has no fillings and has never been vaccinated, blowing your theory of the only place those come from....and she has NEVER had any fish EVER. she also has no viral issues, or yeast issues or bacterial issues. she IS On a speical diet due to allergies and celiac in the family, but chelation isn't going to change her genetics, (both mom and dad are allergic to milk, gluten, eggs, and soy- thus all our kids are) I have metal issues, and have eaten fish likly 8 times ever in my life (and that includes tuna) born in 76 so some vaccinations but not tons and have no fillings, there can also be genetics with low glutathione that you can't dump metals and not just about being poiesened by those things, there is mercury everywhere, the air, ground we grow food in, in flu shots, in sneakers and toys that light up for holidays, soaps like dove, and murphies ect,. there are SO many factors to metal issues it's not as simple as being exposed 6 months ago to vaccinations and fillings..... heck 24 kids can get the same vaccination and only 1-2 have issues, could be tylonal given, could be genetics could be whatever.....they were sick with a virus BEFORE vaccinating.....we ALL know this. or every kid walking around that was vaccinated with a mercury vaccination would be autistic bla bla bla bla and they aren't. everyone is still in the learning process. no one has all the answers, again why I say research research reseach for yourself, YOU know your child best and what their issues are, and in looking you will find what will work for your child.

not all things are metal sourced, that is as crazy as the woman at church this week that told me the sickeness we had in our house HAD to be the swine flu cause her daughter works in the ER and she told her that is the ONLY thing going around right now.....glad to know the hospitals never had sickness this time of year before the swine flu came around!! there are people walking around all over the world with viruses, or bacterial issues, or yeast for OTHER reasons other then metals. or no one would ever recover from strep, or the flu or the common cold, or yeast infections following taking an antibiotic ect..... it's never that simple,.

that is a great goal but not all kids will ever get there. there can be genetics at play, time of how long they were damaged verses when they started, some damage can be to late ect. some have celiac, some may choose NOT to put things back in that hurt there kids, some have gentic low glutathione and have to keep chelating here and there to KEEP there kids there, some have mito issues, some have this or that....again great goal but there can be OTHER reasons for people NOT being all that way other then just metals,.....

so I guess your child will never get sick agian then hum! never a bacteria infection or viral issue??? common cold? or they still have metal issues?

you can't rip metals out of a very damaged body, some times, many times, MOST of the time you have to address other issue first. food allergens, treatable yeast and bacteria issues, digestion, stool issues suppliment issues, low or defienct minieral or vitamine issues so the body is as healthy as possible to START chealtion. or you can make things worse, get the oxidative stress as low as possible to have the least amount of side effects from chelation

, I looked around for some more info on that supplement HMD that Dr.

Stoller recommended for you. I only found one person who used it with her son

and she claims he regressed and had to regain skills for a year afterward. (the

name is Penumbra if you want to search) This is only one experience, yes. I do

know someone in NM whose husband is on HMD and tolerating it well, so there is

another case. I wish there were more positive/negative stories to read...did

Dr. Stoller say what his experience has been in patients who he's recommended it

to? Does it contain alcohol?

I am biased to the Cutler protocol because my children both are doing well on

it. We have done both ALA and DMSA on Cutler's dosage schedule. My younger boy

I can't tell much the results because he was doing lots of things concurrently

that all made him better, but the older one has resolved a lot of issues

including: tics, odd social behavior, auditory processing, and has better

concentration in school.

>

> >

>

> > Just to make sure I'm doing this right, I wanted to put this out there and

make sure.

>

> >

>

> >  I'm treating my son for food allergies by having him on the gfcf diet, I'm

protocol.   

>

> >

>

> >  My question ...The yeast, bacteria and viruses are going to keep coming

back unless I remove the heavy metal load first.....right?   So no matter how

under control they seem unless the metals are removed I'm going to see them

come back?

>

> >

>

> > I guess the reason I'm asking is that this thought process is the

foundation of our treatments. Chelation is the center of our healing for our

son, and I just wanted to make sure that I am doing things correct.

>

> >

>

> > Rose

>

> >

>

Trying my best not to sound like a know-it-all, but I think there are some

things wrong with the DAN! way of doing things, or at least the DAN! way of

doing things two years ago when I was seeing one. As far as I know, the first

things DAN!s usually do are challenge tests, supplementation (vits, mins,

probiotics, enzymes) and recommend GFCF diet, am I correct?

What I have been seeing though on these discussion boards is that after people

put their kids on " the diet " and supplements, their kids start to have screaming

tantrums and/or uncontrollable yeast...and just like a vaccine reaction, they

join the group of moms dealing with these issues and all of a sudden they don't

make the connection because it's " normal " because all the other moms/dads who

bring their kids for autism treatment have the same things going on.

So the DAN!s, not wanting to chelate with the horrible stomach issues going on,

get into this vicious cycle of " treating candida " with all kinds of

anti-fungals, GSE, etc. etc. with temporary results but frequent set-backs into

the same candida issues over and over.

One problem is that many kids have issues with more than just gluten and casein

and of course you know this Christel, but DAN!s don't always get what is going

on or expect the parents to do all this diet messing around, so the kid ends up

with undigested food or food and/or supplements they are sensitive to bringing

on problems all the time...almost worse than before GFCF! Not to mention the

way the DAN!s recommend the Kirkman flavored vitamins and other multi's that

kids are intolerant of!

I hope the DAN!s would be saying " no sweets " and make cultured vegetables, but I

am not sure because I have to constantly reiterate the importance of this on

discussion boards.

Andy Cutler has mentioned this problem himself about kids who are on the GFCF

diet having out-of-control yeast problems when he thought the diet was supposed

to heal the gut and make chelation more tolerable. He was basically saying

chelation was more tolerable when the kids weren't on a restricted diet!

Mind you, I value dietary intervention very much and believe it has lessened

inflammation for my child, but not everyone has the time or patience or will to

screw around with diet as much as others. I believe they can try enzymes in

place of the diet and chelation if the child is not so bad off.

My son has increased his tolerance of certain supplements and foods and I

believe some of this is due to chelation.

At the last DAN! Conference (Dallas), one of the sessions was about chelating in

order to break up biofilm in the gut. What is funny is that my friend who

follows the DAN! protocol told me about it and I said, " well, that sounds like

what we are doing with DMSA. "

http://www1.biogema.de/biodam/htdocs/Archive/biodam_040128_03.pdf

" Succimer, chemical name meso-2,3-dimercaptosuccinic (DMSA), an active heavy

metal chelating agent, was also capable of permeabilizing P. aeruginosa. "

Over-the-counter supplements like DMSA and ALA are not as profitable for DAN!

doctors and so they are not interested in studying them as much nor are they

interested in inexpensive low dose chelation regimens. I am not saying I blame

them, I am just saying it's not as profitable as having someone come in the

office for IV chelation or ordering prescriptions and supplements from suppliers

you have partnered with.

> >

> > not necessarily, you can get rid of yeast issues, bacteria issues, and

viral issues with out metal stuff. we have eliminiated yeast issues, and

bacteria issues with out removing metals and treated viral issues early on and

been successful with out doing metal treatments yet

> >

> > Metals need to go first...right?

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Just to make sure I'm doing this right, I wanted to put this out there and

make sure.

> >

> > I'm treating my son for food allergies by having him on the gfcf diet, I'm

> >

> > My question ...The yeast, bacteria and viruses are going to keep coming

back?

> >

> > I guess the reason I'm asking is that this thought process is the

> >

> > Rose

> >

>

Isn't PANDAS viral?

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Just to make sure I'm doing this right, I wanted to put this out there

and make sure.

> >

> > I'm treating my son for food allergies by having him on the gfcf diet,

I'm treating him for yeast overgrowth and viral and bacterial overgrowth as

well, pretty much all at the same time. I'm also chelating according Andy's

protocol.

> >

back?

> >

> >

> > Rose

> >

>

Hey -

How do you chelate (or did you) with ALA? I want to add this to my son's DMSA.

I also want to do it with my younger, he is not chelating right now. Thanks for

the info!

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Just to make sure I'm doing this right, I wanted to put this out there

and make sure.

> >

> > I'm treating my son for food allergies by having him on the gfcf diet,

I'm treating him for yeast overgrowth and viral and bacterial overgrowth as

well, pretty much all at the same time. I'm also chelating according Andy's

protocol.

> >

back?

> >

> >

> > Rose

> >

>

Honestly though, Natasa, I think Stan's experience was rare. I have been around

a couple years and have seen people doing antivirals: Valtrex, OLE, Zovirax,

etc. etc. Haven't heard of any amazing recoveries on them.

>

> Metals often start pouring out once viruses are addressed correctly:

>

> http://stankurtz.com/biomedical/comprehensive-antiviral-approach.html

>

>

> Natasa

>